PDA

View Full Version : LaMarcus Aldridge defense was exposed tonight.......yet people continue to blame forbes for the spurs defense

playblair
10-19-2021, 10:03 PM
its become clear lma/derozan/gay/mills were the reason spurs were turrible on defense..........stop blamig forbes

cd98
10-19-2021, 10:24 PM
LMA used to be good at D, but I think everyone agrees that hasn’t been the case for the last several years. But at least he occasionally gets a block. Forbes is the worst defender in the league.

Floyd Pacquiao
10-19-2021, 10:46 PM
Forbes was a part of that horrible line up

ismael-robert
10-19-2021, 11:23 PM
Patty with best plus minus outscoring everyone but durant

Mr. Body
10-19-2021, 11:37 PM
Mills looked excellent.

daslicer
10-20-2021, 12:13 AM
Forbes is trash. We all have to just accept it as a Spurs fans that this guy is garbage. He's easily my most hated Spurs. Only thing positive of his return is he's going to lead the Spurs to a high lottery pick.

XDT76
10-20-2021, 12:17 AM
its become clear lma/derozan/gay/mills were the reason spurs were turrible on defense..........stop blamig forbes

Advance stats shows him being the worst defender in NBA last season with him surrounded by great defenders and the Bucks were 11 points worse off with him being on the floor. But whatever you say man.

james evans
10-20-2021, 12:28 AM
I think everyone here agrees that Aldridge was ass on defense when he was with us. It's like he felt offended that he was expected to play defense here.

Ed Helicopter Jones
10-20-2021, 01:52 AM
As far as troll posts go, this one looks like you weren’t even trying.

Texas_Ranger
10-20-2021, 03:24 AM
They both sucked. At least LMA was looking like a basketball player sometimes. Forbes would look like one only in China.

ismael-robert
10-20-2021, 06:24 AM
Let's see what he does tonight. Mills had best plus minus and 7/7 from 3...big shoes to fill

widowmaker
10-20-2021, 07:08 AM
Forbes defense still sucks and so do you.

Dex
10-20-2021, 08:32 AM
I know this is off topic, but did anyone watch Westbrook with the Lakers? Dude looked like a terrible fit.

35 minutes, 8 points, 5 rebounds, 4 assists and 4 turnovers, 4-13 from the field, 0-4 from three, team worst -23. And a big fat loss at home to the Warriors who are still missing Klay.

He definitely doesn't know what to do when he doesn't have the ball in his hands 80% of the time and can't go chasing triple-doubles....and that's never going to happen with guys like LeBron and Davis leading the team and Melo coming off the bench to jack up shots.

Trueblood
10-20-2021, 08:52 AM
I know this is off topic, but did anyone watch Westbrook with the Lakers? Dude looked like a terrible fit.

35 minutes, 8 points, 5 rebounds, 4 assists and 4 turnovers, 4-13 from the field, 0-4 from three, team worst -23. And a big fat loss at home to the Warriors who are still missing Klay.

He definitely doesn't know what to do when he doesn't have the ball in his hands 80% of the time and can't go chasing triple-doubles....and that's never going to happen with guys like LeBron and Davis leading the team and Melo coming off the bench to jack up shots.

Yeah, this one's hard to predict. If LeBron and AD can carry the team and keep them in the top half of the playoff picture westchuck will skate by. If those loses rack up though they will probably look to move him. I don't believe they can win it all with the lineup the way it is and LA won't waste one of the few good years LeBron has left. This has the feel of the Kobe, Malone, Nash, Payton year. All hype with no substance. It's a two man show in Lala land.

Dverde
10-20-2021, 09:10 AM
Mills looked excellent.

He did last year to start the year. His play will drop off like a college player hitting the wall. I hope Brooklyn don’t expect too much from him. He’s a great fit for them with Harden there.

Uriel
10-20-2021, 10:00 AM
I wish we had just kept Mills instead of signing Forbes.

8FOR!3
10-20-2021, 10:02 AM
We have a couple of lights out shooters (Forbes/McDermott) that aren't good defenders. Obviously Forbes being the worst. I think the hope is that the rest of the team picks up slack and we can afford a couple of guys who aren't good defenders now that DDR/Patty/Gay aren't on the team anymore

R. DeMurre
10-20-2021, 10:06 AM
Every imaginable metric says Forbes is a bad defender. I've seen opposing coaches literally direct their players to switch so they can have Forbes rather than DeRozan on them. C'mon now.

offset formation
10-20-2021, 10:20 AM
I think everyone here agrees that Aldridge was ass on defense when he was with us. It's like he felt offended that he was expected to play defense here.

Disagree. For the first several yrs LMA was here, he was a very good on D. Even the leader after nephew cried his way out., Manu said the same. He was the one making sure ppl were in the right place. Then he just got too old and slow of foot. Happens.

Y

GreekSpursfan
10-20-2021, 11:16 AM
At this point of LMA's career he is done so we can't compare this version of LMA with Forbes who sucks every year on d. I wouldn't call LMA good on d back in his early days here but he was servisable and as the years went by he became worse obviously but Forbes was always trash defensively.

MannyIsGod
10-20-2021, 11:43 AM
If Forbes plays under 20 minutes per game, I will be somewhat happy. If he plays more than 20, well we're fucked.