PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Take... Spurs YouTube Show

raybies
10-20-2021, 12:29 PM
Sup fellas, I hoped to start a pod in cahoots with this site but didn't hear back soon enough... but I started a YouTube show called Spurs Take... You can guess the inspiration behind it...

Well I wrote a unique Spurs Theme Track - rap, and put together some scenes etc... maybe you can tell me how much I suck ass at this... whoever's interested feel free to check it out.

First episode was a Season Primer... It's suppose to honor a lot of culture we have here and is aimed for a mature audience in a bar talk styled format.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM-xPhbpU7NIatv6M4Iuovw

Mic doubled.. never had that happen before... but anyways.. been working on this all for like 24 hours... so I'm just gonna throw it out there and get ready for tonight lol

If y'all have any tips feel free to shoot them my way... i don't give a fuck and I love any kind of criticism.

The Truth #6
10-20-2021, 12:34 PM
Graphic looks good. If the songs play very long will probably need additional graphics.

raybies
10-20-2021, 12:38 PM
Graphic looks good. If the songs play very long will probably need additional graphics.

Thanks, the plan is to turn the initial video into a highlight package... just didn't have enough time to do that... been up so long lol

BillMc
10-20-2021, 01:00 PM
Well done, Bro. :toast Will listen to the vids tonight.

raybies
10-20-2021, 01:03 PM
Well done, Bro. :toast Will listen to the vids tonight.
Thanks Bill. just living the dream. :)

At the very least, just another thing to put on the resume.

raybies
10-20-2021, 09:58 PM
We gonna be sniffing like crazy on tomorrow's show.

https://media.giphy.com/media/ZYE6pw8tktY0N1GaEV/giphy.gif

slick'81
10-20-2021, 10:05 PM
Son of a bitch,
im in

raybies
10-20-2021, 10:15 PM
Son of a bitch,
im in

I mean I get why ppl like to curb the enthusiasm so to speak but from what I've realized it's just ppl who may not have matured enough to hope and still not be let down. I suspect ppl who hope always get let down but that's not the purpose of hope. It's just there to pick you up, once you are up then you got do you.

I hope without getting let down and quite frankly I love it, it just keeps taking me higher and higher.

spurraider21
10-20-2021, 10:16 PM
bold moving showing your face to this board

but the graphics look nice.

raybies
10-20-2021, 10:20 PM
bold moving showing your face to this board

but the graphics look nice.

I don't give a fuck.. I'm a fat hispanic and I ain't got nothing to lose. Since my wife divorced me I ain't got shit, but a dream tbh...

Also did a lot of updates, to audio, latency, etc, so tomorrow's product should be exponentially better I hope.

daslicer
10-20-2021, 10:21 PM
Sup fellas, I hoped to start a pod in cahoots with this site but didn't hear back soon enough... but I started a YouTube show called Spurs Take... You can guess the inspiration behind it...

Well I wrote a unique Spurs Theme Track - rap, and put together some scenes etc... maybe you can tell me how much I suck ass at this... whoever's interested feel free to check it out.

First episode was a Season Primer... It's suppose to honor a lot of culture we have here and is aimed for a mature audience.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM-xPhbpU7NIatv6M4Iuovw

Mic doubled.. never had that happen before... but anyways.. been working on this all for like 24 hours... so I'm just gonna throw it out there and get ready for tonight lol

If y'all have any tips feel free to shoot them my way... i don't give a fuck and I love any kind of criticism.

Have a live chat after Spurs games. Where you can invite Spur fans in to talk about the game through video on YouTube live. I have seen a lot of NBA youtube bloggers do this a lot.

playbonner15
10-20-2021, 10:24 PM
looking good...... like the grafx and lighting.... audio can be a bit better..... it's too long, 39min? Maybe edit it down or add some of those sections things based on topics... also bg is a bit distracting unless you need those bottles as props. all in all looking good! :toast

raybies
10-20-2021, 10:25 PM
Have a live chat after Spurs games. Where you can invite Spur fans in to talk about the game through video on YouTube live. I have seen a lot of NBA youtube bloggers do this a lot.

Yeah I plan to do that once I get enough subs and there's more demand, or quite frankly ppl know I exist... but I been in content creation too long to know how it works and to just randomly do a live stream with no marketing etc... But yeah that's the plan. A legit show, where the viewer is the co host.

raybies
10-20-2021, 10:27 PM
looking good...... like the grafx and lighting.... audio can be a bit better..... it's too long, 39min? Maybe edit it down or add some of those sections things based on topics... also bg is a bit distracting unless you need those bottles as props. all in all looking good! :toast

Yeah the audio got doubled.. some bug or some shit... but i got that fixed today. and gonna engineer some pristine audio eventually. all a process.. And yeah the length is suppose to be like that as it's more of a live show based content... i was able to do it all in one take. I hate video editing so for me it's easier to just to it live... and yeah I'll take that shit off the bar. Thanks for the great critique.

SPURt
10-20-2021, 11:20 PM
I’ve been thinking a Spurstalk based pod would be fun! Glad you’re starting something! It’d be pretty interesting to pull in some of the characters off this board with opposing views and let them hash out games/spurs news.

raybies
10-21-2021, 12:45 AM
I’ve been thinking a Spurstalk based pod would be fun! Glad you’re starting something! It’d be pretty interesting to pull in some of the characters off this board with opposing views and let them hash out games/spurs news.
Bro anyone feel they got it, I'm down to host. I got everything... You just need zoom, mic etc.

slick'81
10-21-2021, 01:06 AM
Not bad. Spur fans need more voice and presence on yt

raybies
10-21-2021, 01:11 AM
Not bad. Spur fans need more voice and presence on yt

Thanks bruh, got tonights react uploading... got an hour left.. but the quality is a lot better... watched a lot of vids etc, fixed audio, aesthetics, bg, latency, output etc...

playblair
10-21-2021, 01:37 AM
have me as a guest

raybies
10-21-2021, 01:38 AM
have me as a guest

You got the equipment?

Teamduncan21
10-21-2021, 01:42 AM
good luck, hope you make it, will support

raybies
10-21-2021, 01:43 AM
good luck, hope you make it, will support
Thanks man.. got a new episode coming up in like 30 mins.. been taking like 2hrs to upload.. 40+ mins of sniffing and bar talk :)

playblair
10-21-2021, 01:48 AM
Thanks Bill. just living the dream. :)

At the very least, just another thing to put on the resume.
you will get an invite to co host the at the line spurs podcast soo bruh u are good

raybies
10-21-2021, 02:19 AM
you will get an invite to co host the at the line spurs podcast soo bruh u are good

Boom. Then I'll work my way up to take a shot at Michelle Bae-dle

But real talk, I see myself doing some casting for esports etc down the road. I'd like to do color analysis.

raybies
10-21-2021, 02:32 AM
Tonight's react and takeaways. Really, and genuinely appreciate all the feedback.. I really liked how the record came out this time.

Spurs Take: 10/21/2021 Spurs resounding victory of the Magic to start the season. Impressive all things considered. Join me as I sniff my heart out and ooze over our team's potential. Touch a lot of topics....

https://youtu.be/0SkEumBIRyw

slick'81
10-21-2021, 03:19 AM
Tonight's react and takeaways. Really, and genuinely appreciate all the feedback.. I really liked how the record came out this time.

Spurs Take: 10/21/2021 Spurs resounding victory of the Magic to start the season. Impressive all things considered. Join me as I sniff my heart out and ooze over our team's potential. Touch a lot of topics....

listening to the pod while playing xbox. You definitely dropping some knowledge. Keep it up:smokin

San Antonio Slayer
10-21-2021, 04:06 AM
nice job Bro. Ukrainian Spurstalk is in.

raybies
10-21-2021, 06:00 AM
nice job Bro. Ukrainian Spurstalk is in.
Respect brotha

GreekSpursfan
10-21-2021, 06:47 AM
Not bad, not bad at all.

raybies
10-21-2021, 07:41 AM
Not bad, not bad at all.

Respect Bruv. Added timestamps in the video description. Thanks for checking it out.

xellos88330
10-21-2021, 08:34 AM

I think it looks pretty good. Well done! Love the colors btw. Rock that shit!!! Now for my constructive criticism... I think you are just missing one thing. It could be better with a second person. This way it will be more of a conversation and have more of the sports show/bar talk feel. Then if you take questions from chat it will have multiple opinions on it and be more informative from a second perspective.

Like I said though, it was still well done. Keep it up bro!

raybies
10-21-2021, 08:42 AM
I think it looks pretty good. Well done! Love the colors btw. Rock that shit!!! Now for my constructive criticism... I think you are just missing one thing. It could be better with a second person. This way it will be more of a conversation and have more of the sports show/bar talk feel. Then if you take questions from chat it will have multiple opinions on it and be more informative from a second perspective.

Like I said though, it was still well done. Keep it up bro!

Yep. Would love to find my huck cuz I love debating... we'll see how that goes. definitely looking for a cliff jumper type though...

BillMc
10-21-2021, 09:32 AM
Enjoyed that immensley, my friend. Keep it up!:clap

xellos88330
10-21-2021, 10:22 AM
Yep. Would love to find my huck cuz I love debating... we'll see how that goes. definitely looking for a cliff jumper type though...

Well, you will find them after the first spurs loss. lmao!!!

raybies
10-21-2021, 06:01 PM
Well, you will find them after the first spurs loss. lmao!!!
Good maybe I'll challenge some to a debate haha

Enjoyed that immensley, my friend. Keep it up!:clap
Truly appreciate that Bill. You have always been one of my favorite ppl to follow here. Great takes, very fair and well reasoned, and a sniffer at heart at the very least. It means a lot, because I greatly value your input...

koriwhat
10-21-2021, 06:55 PM

We used to have one and I think the mods hosted it but I can't remember because it's been forever ago. Either way good job Raybies! :tu

D-Robinson 50 fan
10-21-2021, 07:46 PM
Props for starting your pod.

the song isn’t that good but it takes guts to put yourself out there like that. I will definitely give your channel a shot to check out your analysis.

raybies
10-21-2021, 07:52 PM
Props for starting your pod.

the song isn’t that good but it takes guys to put yourself out there like that. I will definitely give your channel a shit to check out your analysis.

Probably why the rap career didn't take off :spin

Thanks bruh.

D-Robinson 50 fan
10-21-2021, 07:53 PM
Bro anyone feel they got it, I'm down to host. I got everything... You just need zoom, mic etc.

it’s a few knowledgeable folks on here who seem very even keeled with their analysis of the team and league as a whole. I don’t know if they are eloquent speakers but TIMVP, Dejounte,Chinook, the one poster with Leo DiCaprio as his avatar picture are a quick few I can think of off the top of my head.

I wouldn’t mind doing it also but I don’t post enough on here to get the co-sign like those folks.

OldMan88
10-21-2021, 08:07 PM
Not bad at all. Some hopefully constructive criticism… try to stop using “you know” as conversational filler. Using “umm” is much less noticeable. It was worse towards the beginning and did get better as you loosened up. Agree with another poster to have a guest. Gives you a chance to collect your thoughts and have less empty word salad. Also, keep a stack of question or comment cards handy for when your mind goes blank (it will happen) to get you going again.

raybies
10-21-2021, 08:18 PM
Not bad at all. Some hopefully constructive criticism… try to stop using “you know” as conversational filler. Using “umm” is much less noticeable. It was worse towards the beginning and did get better as you loosened up. Agree with another poster to have a guest. Gives you a chance to collect your thoughts and have less empty word salad. Also, keep a stack of question or comment cards handy for when your mind goes blank (it will happen) to get you going again.

Thanks and I completely agree. I learn as I go... always have and always will... I'm hoping with more time I will be more professional with the oration in regards to terminology. I figure with more experience I'll be able to hammer all the loose nails.

raybies
10-21-2021, 08:20 PM
it’s a few knowledgeable folks on here who seem very even keeled with their analysis of the team and league as a whole. I don’t know if they are eloquent speakers but TIMVP, Dejounte,Chinook, the one poster with Leo DiCaprio as his avatar picture are a quick few I can think of off the top of my head.

I wouldn’t mind doing it also but I don’t post enough on here to get the co-sign like those folks.

Chinook would be an awesome guy to talk to. Dejounte, on the other hand, has a lot of similar views as me, but he's more of a realist I think... but I mean I'm open for whatever..

As far as timvp, I got a lot of work to do before I can be in the same vein as him... At this point he would be doing me a favor and experience has taught me that ain't the way to do it... Collaborations/relationships etc, should be mutually beneficial.

playbonner15
10-21-2021, 09:11 PM
We used to have one and I think the mods hosted it but I can't remember because it's been forever ago. Either way good job Raybies! :tu

Kinda remmember that one..... the folks on the NBA Forum were also guests lol... cant remember if the host was ElNono or someone else

ismael-robert
10-22-2021, 12:01 PM
I just quickly fwd past song to get to talking, listened for 10 seconds cause at work and wanted to slap a "you know" counter in corner of screen

emanueldavidginobili
10-22-2021, 12:09 PM
Keep up the good work man! I enjoyed it.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
10-22-2021, 07:23 PM
you should grade timvp's game grades tbh

raybies
10-22-2021, 09:17 PM
I just quickly fwd past song to get to talking, listened for 10 seconds cause at work and wanted to slap a "you know" counter in corner of screen

Yeah... Will definitely work on it.. I din't even realize till ppl told me lol..

But yeah man I typically learn fast. Can't grow if i don't get critique harsh or not.. i ain't a bitch so i enjoy a roast whatver to get better.

Got you breh

raybies
10-22-2021, 09:18 PM
you should grade timvp's game grades tbh

Yeah that would be fun LUL

B-

but it would add a fun twist to the show for us to meme and head scratch about.. but we'll see if it's up by the time I rec..

raybies
10-22-2021, 09:18 PM
Keep up the good work man! I enjoyed it.
:smokin:smokin

fuk yeh bb

Allan Rowe vs Wade
10-22-2021, 09:52 PM
Yeah that would be fun LUL

B-

but it would add a fun twist to the show for us to meme and head scratch about.. but we'll see if it's up by the time I rec..

bottom line is keep it up and listen to the folks giving feedback but fuk the haters

it'll improve (tech, comfort level, etc) every time you do it :tu