PDA

View Full Version : Pistons > Rest of League

NuGGeTs-FaN
11-23-2005, 09:34 PM
DANG! Even though it was the back end of a b2b for the Nuggets it still was crazy to see the Pistons destroy them

They are a much better looking team under flip and are much scarier than Dallas and Spurs. After seeing that tonight i can re-iterate that these guys are for sure tops in the league

they didnt let that loss to dallas get them down.

Us Nuggets fans expected a loss in Detroit but this is embrassing, lucky it only counts as an L and nothing more lol

Anyway, b2b's are ok except when you face the Pistons at home on the second night :smokin

Good win Pistons, and please put to shame the Spurs when you meet them :fro

mavsfan1000
11-23-2005, 09:45 PM
The spurs are still the best team.

NuGGeTs-FaN
11-23-2005, 09:47 PM
i know its only early and Pop is still tinkering with lineups and that, it will be interesting to see how the two go when they meet ....

i think the Pistons will be too much for the Spurs this season, they only just finished them off last season and the Pistons are even better this season

mavsfan1000
11-23-2005, 09:52 PM
Neither Duncan or Ginobili were 100% during that series. The pistons have improved though but the spurs playing well have embarrased other really good teams like the suns, nuggets, and etc. The spurs are not getting old either. I think Dallas and Detroit do have a chance but will not bet on them.

NuGGeTs-FaN
11-23-2005, 09:54 PM
Neither Duncan or Ginobili were 100% during that series. The pistons have improved though but the spurs playing well have embarrased other really good teams like the suns, nuggets, and etc. The spurs are not getting old either. I think Dallas and Detroit do have a chance but will not bet on them.

when did they embarass the Nuggets? They won by 11 at home on ring presentation night , also when the nuggets didnt have their head coach and lost their backup power forward after 2minutes.........i wouldnt say that is embarassing at all

what is embarassing is how the Pistons are manhandling teams , Spurs arent doing that

mavsfan1000
11-23-2005, 10:05 PM
Beating the nuggets in 5 games last year with a injured Duncan was impressive. I can't believe I am crediting the spurs but fans get to attached to one game. The mavs embarrased the pistons also. Just let the season playout but I feel the spurs will be the most consistent team if healthy.

emo serb
11-23-2005, 10:06 PM
I think Dallas and Detroit do have a chance but will not bet on them.
Detroit has a chance, not Dallas. Dallas is nothing. Thank you.

SpursWoman
11-23-2005, 10:07 PM
All this after, like, 10 games? :lol mmmmKay. :fro

AI-square
11-23-2005, 10:09 PM
Damn, nobody likes playing Detroit on a B2B. The Sixers got killed in their second game of the season at the Palace as well.

mavsfan1000
11-23-2005, 10:11 PM
Detroit has a chance, not Dallas. Dallas is nothing. Thank you.
Fuck you bitch. :lol

jochhejaam
11-23-2005, 10:15 PM
DANG! Even though it was the back end of a b2b for the Nuggets it still was crazy to see the Pistons destroy them

They are a much better looking team under flip and are much scarier than Dallas and Spurs. After seeing that tonight i can re-iterate that these guys are for sure tops in the league

they didnt let that loss to dallas get them down.

Us Nuggets fans expected a loss in Detroit but this is embrassing, lucky it only counts as an L and nothing more lol

Anyway, b2b's are ok except when you face the Pistons at home on the second night :smokin

Good win Pistons, and please put to shame the Spurs when you meet them :fro
Thanks, we felt the same way after the Dallas game.
A couple days off and a home game does a team a world of good.

We expect to win on Christmas Day and I'm sure the Spurs expect to lose. :lol

FreshPrince22
11-23-2005, 11:46 PM
I know one thing. These Pistons are going to be damn near impossible to beat at home this year. So far they are averaging 113ppg at the Palace, and have yet to score under 108 points in a home game. Winning by an average of 23.25 points per game.
________
PRILOSEC SIDE EFFECTS (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/prilosec/)

TDMVPDPOY
11-24-2005, 01:18 AM
Thats because theybeen playin scrub teams or good teams caught up in a backtoback game, or one of their star players is injured.

Horry For 3!
11-24-2005, 01:21 AM
:lmao this Nuggets person isn't very bright

Amuseddaysleeper
11-24-2005, 01:23 AM
no, the pistons may have had a reasonably easy schedule to begin with, but they are def. destroying the teams they should be doing while the spurs have kinda half assed their way to a nice 10-2 record. finley is lookin lost as hell, and NVE hasn't done jack to show me he's got "veteran qualities" but our spurs still have a long season to go and plenty of time to tinker with the lineups. right now Detroit is still THE team to beat but I hope we can still steal one come xmas time but it'll probably be our toughest game of the season

Amuseddaysleeper
11-24-2005, 01:23 AM
:lmao this Nuggets person isn't very bright

lol well first of all he likes the NUGGETS, of all the teams in the league why you'd wanna support that crap team is beyond me.

NuGGeTs-FaN
11-24-2005, 01:26 AM
lol well first of all he likes the NUGGETS, of all the teams in the league why you'd wanna support that crap team is beyond me.

yeh a crap team they are :rolleyes

id rather be a diehard fan of a team that wins and loses rather than a bandwagon spurs fan who is only a fan coz of their rings.....in other words i wouldnt want to be like half of the members on this board :fro

you should rename this section from 'NBA News Central' to ' If you dont like the Spurs and dont worship them then dont bother saying anything coz we will ridicule it coz we are insecure little pricks' :smokin

Horry For 3!
11-24-2005, 01:30 AM
It is stupid to say Pistons > Everyone, Spurs are the Champions. Duh. Pistons haven't really played anyone of calibur, plus it is only like 12 games into the season and your coming up with this shit :lmao

NuGGeTs-FaN
11-24-2005, 01:42 AM
It is stupid to say Pistons > Everyone, Spurs are the Champions. Duh. Pistons haven't really played anyone of calibur, plus it is only like 12 games into the season and your coming up with this shit :lmao

they are better than anyone in the league AT THE MOMENT......thats the truth, and i think they are stronger than last year ........ i didnt say that they were better than Spurs last season......its based on current form

the issue is that you think a team with calibur is the Spurs/Mavs and thats it.....

dang, you guys just cant take people giving other teams some props, now that is crazy :drunk

Horry For 3!
11-24-2005, 01:47 AM
they are better than anyone in the league AT THE MOMENT......thats the truth, and i think they are stronger than last year ........ i didnt say that they were better than Spurs last season......its based on current form

the issue is that you think a team with calibur is the Spurs/Mavs and thats it.....

dang, you guys just cant take people giving other teams some props, now that is crazy :drunk
No. I just don't think Pistons > Everyone. That is the whole point people have posted in here. It will still be Spurs > Pistons. Spurs are not even playing that well and are winning. Spurs played damn good tonight and they blew out the Warriors being up 30 at half time.

Amuseddaysleeper
11-24-2005, 01:50 AM
bangwagon fan lol!?!?! I've honestly been a fan since '96 when they 20-62. the only thing i disagree with you on is appreciatign an NBDL team like the nuggets. and yes it is still very early in the season but i cant say i can argue over Pistons > Spurs as of right NOW. in april, who knows? i think the spurs have a much logner way to go to catch up with the way the pistons are playing right now than it looks.

NuGGeTs-FaN
11-24-2005, 02:05 AM
bangwagon fan lol!?!?! I've honestly been a fan since '96 when they 20-62. the only thing i disagree with you on is appreciatign an NBDL team like the nuggets. and yes it is still very early in the season but i cant say i can argue over Pistons > Spurs as of right NOW. in april, who knows? i think the spurs have a much logner way to go to catch up with the way the pistons are playing right now than it looks.

u have no credibility with a comment like 'an NBDL team like the Nuggets'..... :drunk , thats the stupidest comment i have heard and proves how blinded you are.....

SA210
11-24-2005, 09:51 AM
Spurs are playing bad and have 2nd best record in the league. Just watch when we are clicking on all cylinders. Now that is scary.

Spurs > Everyone

CubanMustGo
11-24-2005, 11:27 AM
while the spurs have kinda half assed their way to a nice 10-2 record.

Just wait to see what happens when the Spurs wake up :king

boutons
11-24-2005, 12:30 PM
"when the Spurs wake up"

I think we saw them very awake vs Warriors.
We need more of the same next Thur @DAL.

SA210
11-24-2005, 12:51 PM
^^^ Dallas definitely is a game i'll be watching.

romsey31
11-25-2005, 09:47 AM
Nonsense, check the teams Spurs played compared to the teams Pistons played. Minus that miracle shot by Rip and they have the same record.

theMUHMEshow
11-25-2005, 12:43 PM
Nonsense, check the teams Spurs played compared to the teams Pistons played. Minus that miracle shot by Rip and they have the same record.

Wow you must watch a lot of basketball. "miracle shot by Rip" ummmm have you ever watched the Pistons play? :rolleyes

He hits that shot nearly 10-12 times a game.

I dont see anything "miraculous" about Richard Hamilton hitting a 16 foot jumper from the wing. The guy has been doing that his whole career

ObiwanGinobili
11-25-2005, 01:05 PM
Pistons are doing very well so far this season. I wouldn;t expect anything less. It's 90% the same team from last year. They went 7 ames into the NBA finals, won the year before, have the current DPOY and 2 of the best gaurds around (IMHO, rip & chauncy).
So no surprise there.

However I wouldn;t go all out and say "pistons > rest of the league"
DET is playing at 100%. thier plays are run & executed great and get great results. The guys meld well and play well , everyone knows their place. Also they havn;t run into any real "threats" so far.
SA hasn't been doing so well IMHO.We 've been playing at 80/85%. Yes we are 10-2... but even Pop isn;t happy with the effort and execution. Only this last game against GS did the guys really start to look like a working team on the court. Brent & Finley are back , Manu is now 100%.........

I feel i can safely assert that:
Spurs> Det> everyone else > Lakers.

Leetonidas
11-25-2005, 01:45 PM
Well, let me see...

The Spurs honestly have been playing pretty badly lately. Finely has been totally lost, NVE is playing like the after all-star game Beno, and Manu is just now getting back to 100%.

Tim is hitting his freethrows this year. I can think of 5 or 6 games that could've been won last year if Tim didn't choke at the line (including some Finals games too).

Once the defense is back up after Pop is finished tinkering with lineups, Finley finds his groove, as well as NVE and Oberto, and Brent gets his three-point shots going, the Spurs are going to be unstoppable.

The Warriors are a pretty good team. They just got totally destroyed by the Spurs, and I think that is a glimpse of the Spurs "getting out of bed."

NuGGeTs-FaN
11-25-2005, 03:00 PM
Warriors and Wizards are overrated in this league and one of them manhandled the Spurs, i dont think it matters who you play and when, coz any team can beat the best on the right night

Marklar MM
11-25-2005, 05:48 PM
Detroit, like San Antonio, is not playing their best ball.

ShoogarBear
11-25-2005, 06:24 PM
The Nuggie fans might as well talk about the Indianapolis Colts, 'cause they have as much chance of facing them in the playoffs as they do the Pistons.

theMUHMEshow
11-25-2005, 06:40 PM
The Nuggie fans might as well talk about the Indianapolis Colts, 'cause they have as much chance of facing them in the playoffs as they do the Pistons.

LOL...Quote of the YEAR!

FreshPrince22
11-25-2005, 06:54 PM

A catch and shoot 18 footer is a miracle for Rip? You must not remember the last 2 playoffs too well! :lol. The guy is one of the quickest jumpshooters in the league, and that mid-range jumper is where he makes his money. That shot, combined with the play Flip drew up was as good as a layup for Rip.
________
Ebony Cam (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/webcam/ebony-girls/)