PDA

View Full Version : Suns: Robert Sarver About to Get Sterling'd

Robz4000
10-22-2021, 03:54 PM
https://twitter.com/Schultz_Report/status/1451647350498283528?s=20

Congrats Suns fans.

ambchang
10-22-2021, 03:57 PM
That’s what you get for not giving a max to Ayton.

da_suns_fan
10-22-2021, 04:14 PM
Our prayers have been answered.

What a great day.

LkrFan
10-22-2021, 04:56 PM

Congrats Suns fans.
Hope not :lol

Trainwreck2100
10-22-2021, 05:08 PM
He'll get a crazy ROI regardless, but damn hopefully its hard evidence and not bullshit he said she said

Seventyniner
10-22-2021, 05:29 PM
Hope not :lol

This. Sarver has been a blessing to the rest of the West for a long time.

baseline bum
10-22-2021, 05:32 PM

True. How bad would the 2000s have sucked if he kept Joe Johnson and drafted Iguodala instead of being cheap both times?

Millennial_Messiah
10-22-2021, 05:33 PM

:lol trading away Joe Johnson and Quentin Richardson (best 3pt shooter in the league at the time) for peanuts and bits of rubbish when the Suns could have easily had a dynasty and multiple championship rings.

Double :lol :lol at Sarver for trading Marion, the energy glue guy that made the Suns unique, for the slowest player in the entire NBA when your point guard is Nash and you're trying to win a title with run and gun

Donald Sterling.
10-22-2021, 06:04 PM
This is a travesty. I'm appalled. Another great man seeing his name being dragged through the mud over false allegations.

Hold on Robert. Don't let them break you.

Will Hunting
10-22-2021, 06:27 PM
V6JeA8HRo4M

Mr. Body
10-22-2021, 06:44 PM
:lol trading away Joe Johnson and Quentin Richardson (best 3pt shooter in the league at the time) for peanuts and bits of rubbish when the Suns could have easily had a dynasty and multiple championship rings.

Double :lol :lol at Sarver for trading Marion, the energy glue guy that made the Suns unique, for the slowest player in the entire NBA when your point guard is Nash and you're trying to win a title with run and gun

I think he outright sold two decent draft picks earlier in the decade, didn't he?

Will Hunting
10-22-2021, 07:03 PM
Holy shit, the ticket sales rep I know from back when my mom had season tickets (10+ years ago) resigned and his last day was today.

That can’t be a coincidence, I’ll bet this story is big.

Robz4000
10-22-2021, 07:07 PM
Holy shit, the ticket sales rep I know from back when my mom had season tickets (10+ years ago) resigned and his last day was today.

That can’t be a coincidence, I’ll bet this story is big.

https://c.tenor.com/SGTK27phk10AAAAC/good-watching-dis-gon-b-gud.gif

Allan Rowe vs Wade
10-22-2021, 07:25 PM
CULLY!! WHEEL YOUR FAT ASS IN HERE!

Millennial_Messiah
10-22-2021, 07:30 PM
I think he outright sold two decent draft picks earlier in the decade, didn't he?

I don't remember. I know they had a competitive team with Marbury, Hardaway, Johnson, Marion, Amare that gave the Spurs fits. Then he broke up that good team for an even better one and a revolutionary one at that when signing Nash and Q-Rich. The Nash Suns should have won multiple titles. Sarver fucked it up because he was a cheapass who didn't know just how good he had it in '04-05 and should have brought that band back together with some depth upgrades instead of blowing it up nerfing their historically great offense trying to go heavier on defense overreacting to losing the '05 WCF to the Spurs. That '05 Suns team was comparable to the '14-16 Warriors squads (pre Durant) and were fun to watch because Nash was overall more skilled and more likeable than Curry. It's too bad we only got to watch them for one year. Giving up JJ and Q-Rich for the likes of Raja Bell and Kurt Thomas, were MAJOR downgrades. And all of that was well before the "Shaqtus" fiasco, don't even get me started on that blunder

Will Hunting
10-22-2021, 08:36 PM
I don't remember. I know they had a competitive team with Marbury, Hardaway, Johnson, Marion, Amare that gave the Spurs fits. Then he broke up that good team for an even better one and a revolutionary one at that when signing Nash and Q-Rich. The Nash Suns should have won multiple titles. Sarver fucked it up because he was a cheapass who didn't know just how good he had it in '04-05 and should have brought that band back together with some depth upgrades instead of blowing it up nerfing their historically great offense trying to go heavier on defense overreacting to losing the '05 WCF to the Spurs. That '05 Suns team was comparable to the '14-16 Warriors squads (pre Durant) and were fun to watch because Nash was overall more skilled and more likeable than Curry. It's too bad we only got to watch them for one year. Giving up JJ and Q-Rich for the likes of Raja Bell and Kurt Thomas, were MAJOR downgrades. And all of that was well before the "Shaqtus" fiasco, don't even get me started on that blunder
Breaking up the Marbury team was actually smart but that was before Sarver became owner.

Selling the Iguodala pick, not giving JJ the very reasonable extension he wanted before his 04-05 breakout season & making Dantoni a coach/GM instead of hiring a real GM to replace Colangelo were the 3 biggest fuck ups that come to mind but there were a lot more.

Q Rich was an inefficient chucker and getting rid of him wasn’t financially motivated at all. If they simply traded him for Thomas, signed Raja Bell as a FA the way they did and also kept JJ they’d have won at least one title. If they actually drafted Iggy maybe even in >1 but Amare’s health likely prevents them from having extended success.

monosylab1k
10-22-2021, 09:17 PM
Maybe one day Mavs fans will see this happen to Mark Cuban.

Congrats Will Hunting, Jeremy, Xylus, and all other Suns fans.

Millennial_Messiah
10-23-2021, 02:19 AM
Breaking up the Marbury team was actually smart but that was before Sarver became owner.

Selling the Iguodala pick, not giving JJ the very reasonable extension he wanted before his 04-05 breakout season & making Dantoni a coach/GM instead of hiring a real GM to replace Colangelo were the 3 biggest fuck ups that come to mind but there were a lot more.

Q Rich was an inefficient chucker and getting rid of him wasn’t financially motivated at all. If they simply traded him for Thomas, signed Raja Bell as a FA the way they did and also kept JJ they’d have won at least one title. If they actually drafted Iggy maybe even in >1 but Amare’s health likely prevents them from having extended success.
Inefficient chucker? Q-Rich led the league both in 3 point attempts AND 3 point percentage in his lone Phoenix season. True, his numbers were inefficient in his Clippers years and post-Phoenix years, but that's what you're gonna get when you're playing with crappy surrounding talent and no Steve Nash.

Kurt Thomas was a progress stopper. He was a tweener that probably wouldn't be in the league in today's NBA. Slow, virtually no offensive game except finishing soft layups at the rim or shooting inefficent 15 foot jumpers. No three point game and he was traded for specifically to guard Tim Duncan and no other reason IMO. He was a defensive liability against smaller, quicker lineups and was completely useless against other big guys like Nowitzki because of Nowitzki's range, relative speed for position and knack for drawing bogus fouls from mid range.

I 100% agree with you on JJ, he was not Iso Joe in Phoenix, he was an excellent spot up shooter and a great secondary playmaker option when the Nash offense broke down and JJ was the only other guy on the roster who could truly create for himself (Barbosa to some extent too, but he was a backup for a reason).

Selling the 2004 premium draft pick was stupid, but I believe it was Luol Deng and not Iguodala (IIRC). Luol Deng was OK, never anything special. Iguodala on the other hand would have been the perfect replacement for aging Penny Hardaway if they had kept the Marbury system and team intact, that was a tough hard-nosed, physical, "in your face" kind of gritty team. But I don't think Iguodala would have been a great fit in Nash/D'Antoni's finesse SSOL offense. He was never a good enough shooter or scorer. He would have basically been another Marion or Marion lite, and the team didn't need two Marion's. They needed 3 and D. They could have taken someone else besides Iggy I suppose. Al Jefferson (if they wanted to go big), JR Smith, Jameer Nelson, and Kevin Martin were all still on the board at the time... all would have been better fits for the SSOL Suns offense than Iguodala or Deng.

Will Hunting
10-23-2021, 06:03 AM
Inefficient chucker? Q-Rich led the league both in 3 point attempts AND 3 point percentage in his lone Phoenix season. True, his numbers were inefficient in his Clippers years and post-Phoenix years, but that's what you're gonna get when you're playing with crappy surrounding talent and no Steve Nash.

Kurt Thomas was a progress stopper. He was a tweener that probably wouldn't be in the league in today's NBA. Slow, virtually no offensive game except finishing soft layups at the rim or shooting inefficent 15 foot jumpers. No three point game and he was traded for specifically to guard Tim Duncan and no other reason IMO. He was a defensive liability against smaller, quicker lineups and was completely useless against other big guys like Nowitzki because of Nowitzki's range, relative speed for position and knack for drawing bogus fouls from mid range.

I 100% agree with you on JJ, he was not Iso Joe in Phoenix, he was an excellent spot up shooter and a great secondary playmaker option when the Nash offense broke down and JJ was the only other guy on the roster who could truly create for himself (Barbosa to some extent too, but he was a backup for a reason).

Selling the 2004 premium draft pick was stupid, but I believe it was Luol Deng and not Iguodala (IIRC). Luol Deng was OK, never anything special. Iguodala on the other hand would have been the perfect replacement for aging Penny Hardaway if they had kept the Marbury system and team intact, that was a tough hard-nosed, physical, "in your face" kind of gritty team. But I don't think Iguodala would have been a great fit in Nash/D'Antoni's finesse SSOL offense. He was never a good enough shooter or scorer. He would have basically been another Marion or Marion lite, and the team didn't need two Marion's. They needed 3 and D. They could have taken someone else besides Iggy I suppose. Al Jefferson (if they wanted to go big), JR Smith, Jameer Nelson, and Kevin Martin were all still on the board at the time... all would have been better fits for the SSOL Suns offense than Iguodala or Deng.
You’re just making stuff up about Q Rich. He didn’t even lead the Suns in 3 point percentage that year. JJ and Nash were both better in that respect.

The premium pick was used by Chicago to take Deng but the Suns would have taken Iguodala if they kept the pick.

That Marbury team overachieved in one playoff series against the Spurs (that they still lost) and outside of that was a total failure. Idk why you’re hyping it up as anything special

Biggems
10-23-2021, 06:20 AM
Is Sarver the chicken dance idiot that tried to mock us, only to end up eating crow?

Will Hunting
10-23-2021, 07:32 AM
Is Sarver the chicken dance idiot that tried to mock us, only to end up eating crow?
Yes

Millennial_Messiah
10-23-2021, 12:56 PM

I still think, even as a Spurs fan, the Suns were hosed in '07. By an archaic selective "letter of the law" rule that could have easily been relaxed considering it was the pivotal game of a playoff series. Amare... AND Boris Diaw suspended for Game 5, ridiculous. If it was the Lakers, it never would have been a suspension. Steph Curry didn't get suspended for Game 7 after throwing his mouthpiece into the Cleveland stands in Game 6, which is, by the letter of a the law, a minimum two-game suspension (see: Brad Miller in Sacramento in 2005).

Selective enforcement is what we all hated about David Stern and his butt-buddy Stu Jackson.

Mike Bibby gets brutally elbowed in the mouth by Kobe trying to guard an inbounds pass? No offensive foul... instead Kobe gets the ball and gets free throws and the Kings lose by 3. Instead, by the letter of the rule, Bibby should have been shooting 2 free throws with possession for a flagrant-1 against Kobe. Bibby was an 88% free throw shooter. Sacramento would have been up 1 with possession, and in the driver's seat to take the game, which would have meant the series and likely smashing the Nets in the Finals and winning the championship. But David Stern's beloved Lakers of course, always getting the benefit of the doubt.

I would have rather had the Spurs ring in 05 and 06 and the Suns in 07. The Dallas Ponies didn't deserve to win that series in '06. The Manu foul was a questionable call, but egregious was Tim Duncan getting raked across the arm on the last second of regulation and not getting free throws; he likely would have only needed to make one to win. Similar for Manu getting raked on the arm by Ray Allen near the end of OT in transition, trailing by one. Manu making both free throws doesn't cinch the game but it puts the Spurs in the driver's seat.

Millennial_Messiah
10-23-2021, 01:12 PM
You’re just making stuff up about Q Rich. He didn’t even lead the Suns in 3 point percentage that year. JJ and Nash were both better in that respect.

The premium pick was used by Chicago to take Deng but the Suns would have taken Iguodala if they kept the pick.

That Marbury team overachieved in one playoff series against the Spurs (that they still lost) and outside of that was a total failure. Idk why you’re hyping it up as anything special
Okay even if you lose Q Rich you still have to keep JJ and replace Q Rich in the starting lineup. I'm not sure if someone like Iggy is a great fit. Sure, his position is small forward, but do you really want Marion and Iggy on the court at the same time? They duplicate one another. Sure, their defense would improve, but the offense? If I'm coaching against them I pack the paint, stop Amare, stop Nash's drives and force Marion and Iggy to hit threes all day to beat me. I don't believe either one of them ever eclipsed 35%. Sort of like what Golden State did to "Trick-or-Treat" Tony Allen against Memphis in 2015.

The Marbury team was hit or miss offensively, but was physical and played with high energy and an edge. They were likely the only team in the NBA that could have taken down the Spurs in 2003. Just matchups. Marbury was a nightmare matchup for Parker who hadn't quite figured out how to play defense against a pure scoring point guard like Marbury, or, (a much later prototype, Russell Westbrook). Ginobili was a rookie 6th man and just learning to play defense, and the Spurs needed two defensive players (Bowen and Jackson) in most of the type to stop both Hardaway and JJ. Marion was young and athletic, hit or miss on offense but a very good overall player that gave the Spurs fits. The Suns had the big bodies to match up with Duncan while keeping Amare fresh on offense. Frank Johnson was an excellent defensive coach. That team had something, but they weren't consistent. However, they were consistent against the Spurs.... they had beaten the Spurs 3-1 in the regular season series in '03 (only team in the entire West to beat the Spurs in the regular season series that year) with the only 1 Spurs victory beating a hard fought home OT win. Marbury was a bona fide Spur killer. The Suns nearly went up 2-0 in the series on the road which would have been almost impossible for the Spurs to overcome, but, choked away a pretty sizeable 4th quarter lead in Game 2... Pop benched TP, Manu and Duncan hit some big shots, and the Spurs came back and won improbably, tying the series at 1-1; won game 3 in Phoenix pretty handily, choked away game 4, almost choked away game 5, and won a very hard fought game 6 with a bunch of Jackson and Manu threes carrying the day.

That Marbury Suns team was a very difficult matchup for the Spurs. However, at some point Marbury didn't want to be there; he was traded the next year and Marbury and Hardaway actually led the Knicks to their only playoff berth in the '00s in 2004. But the opportunity for the Suns to land Steve Nash and transform their offense into a revolutionary NBA offense was absolutely worth it, and D'Antoni was the perfect coach for that new system. They would have beaten any other team in the playoffs besides the Spurs in 2005. They should have kept that core together, including JJ (hmmm.... I wonder why the Suns lost in 2005? Could it be because JJ, not only a great scorer but an above average defender, was missing or playing below 50% that series with the eye injury?), and instead found a swingman who could shoot the lights out, score and play defense. Raja Bell would have been a nice backup, but wasn't good enough on offense to start. I don't however believe, even though Iggy was a better player overall than Q-Rich, that Iggy over Q-Rich would have been an upgrade for the Nash-JJ-Marion-Amare Suns.

Biggems
10-23-2021, 02:19 PM
I still think, even as a Spurs fan, the Suns were hosed in '07. By an archaic selective "letter of the law" rule that could have easily been relaxed considering it was the pivotal game of a playoff series. Amare... AND Boris Diaw suspended for Game 5, ridiculous. If it was the Lakers, it never would have been a suspension. Steph Curry didn't get suspended for Game 7 after throwing his mouthpiece into the Cleveland stands in Game 6, which is, by the letter of a the law, a minimum two-game suspension (see: Brad Miller in Sacramento in 2005).

Selective enforcement is what we all hated about David Stern and his butt-buddy Stu Jackson.

Mike Bibby gets brutally elbowed in the mouth by Kobe trying to guard an inbounds pass? No offensive foul... instead Kobe gets the ball and gets free throws and the Kings lose by 3. Instead, by the letter of the rule, Bibby should have been shooting 2 free throws with possession for a flagrant-1 against Kobe. Bibby was an 88% free throw shooter. Sacramento would have been up 1 with possession, and in the driver's seat to take the game, which would have meant the series and likely smashing the Nets in the Finals and winning the championship. But David Stern's beloved Lakers of course, always getting the benefit of the doubt.

I would have rather had the Spurs ring in 05 and 06 and the Suns in 07. The Dallas Ponies didn't deserve to win that series in '06. The Manu foul was a questionable call, but egregious was Tim Duncan getting raked across the arm on the last second of regulation and not getting free throws; he likely would have only needed to make one to win. Similar for Manu getting raked on the arm by Ray Allen near the end of OT in transition, trailing by one. Manu making both free throws doesn't cinch the game but it puts the Spurs in the driver's seat.

they got hosed, but I don't care. We got hosed on 0.4. We got hosed when they fouled Barry and no call. We got hosed when Duncan got ejected for laughing from the bench. We got hosed when Nephew got taken out by ZaZa and the league did nothing about it. We got hosed in the whole Bertans/Morris debacle.

So, when we come out on the good side of things, I feel no remorse. I take it and celebrate it, cause I know that some serious BS is right around the corner.

Millennial_Messiah
10-23-2021, 02:36 PM
they got hosed, but I don't care. We got hosed on 0.4. We got hosed when they fouled Barry and no call. We got hosed when Duncan got ejected for laughing from the bench. We got hosed when Nephew got taken out by ZaZa and the league did nothing about it. We got hosed in the whole Bertans/Morris debacle.

So, when we come out on the good side of things, I feel no remorse. I take it and celebrate it, cause I know that some serious BS is right around the corner.

I haven't followed basketball since 05/2017 and likely never will again. But ask me about anything from the 90s to 2016 about the NBA and the expert and former diehard in me comes out.

TDMVPDPOY
10-23-2021, 03:46 PM
notice same pos on that sterling team is now on sarvers team...cp3, coincidence?

LkrFan
10-23-2021, 05:59 PM
True. How bad would the 2000s have sucked if he kept Joe Johnson and drafted Iguodala instead of being cheap both times?
Whoah :lol

spurraider21
10-23-2021, 08:23 PM
Maybe one day Mavs fans will see this happen to Mark Cuban.

Congrats Will Hunting (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=17032), Jeremy (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=5404), Xylus (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=3844), and all other Suns fans.
cuban should have kept tyson chandler after 2011 imho

ElNono
10-23-2021, 09:02 PM
cuban should have kept tyson chandler after 2011 imho

He didn't know what to do with the Dampier chip either, tbh

lefty
10-24-2021, 02:15 AM

Nah .4 was legit

As for the foul on Barry, the Lakers got hosed on the previous possession IIRC (I could check that on Youtube but I don’t want to see that pos Fisher lol)

Millennial_Messiah
10-24-2021, 11:33 AM
Nah .4 was legit

As for the foul on Barry, the Lakers got hosed on the previous possession IIRC (I could check that on Youtube but I don’t want to see that pos Fisher lol)

No, it wasn't. The clock operator (in the playoffs, they come from the NBA, not the home team) intentionally started the game clock about 0.3-0.5 seconds too late. That wasn't a particularly quick shooting motion.

Millennial_Messiah
10-24-2021, 11:37 AM
The "foul on Brent Barry" doesn't bother me as much. It was before the shot, so it would have been 2 pressure free throws (yes, Barry was 87%, but he would have had to make both) just to force OT, and even if the Spurs had miraculously won that game in OT, the Lakers were clearly the better team that series... the Spurs were clawing and fighting but painfully and obviously inferior after the Gasol trade. The Lakers would have won that series in 6 or 7 even if the Spurs had tied it at 2-2. Spurs weren't winning in LA that year.

the main issue I have with 2008 was that the NBA should have vetoed and nixed the Gasol trade for basketball reasons... it was one-sided and rigged AF.

lefty
10-24-2021, 01:29 PM
No, it wasn't. The clock operator (in the playoffs, they come from the NBA, not the home team) intentionally started the game clock about 0.3-0.5 seconds too late. That wasn't a particularly quick shooting motion.

ah ok
Back in the days , the clock operator was someone from the home team, I guess that changed after the Salt Lake City blunder during the 1994 WCF

Killakobe81
10-24-2021, 06:06 PM
The "foul on Brent Barry" doesn't bother me as much. It was before the shot, so it would have been 2 pressure free throws (yes, Barry was 87%, but he would have had to make both) just to force OT, and even if the Spurs had miraculously won that game in OT, the Lakers were clearly the better team that series... the Spurs were clawing and fighting but painfully and obviously inferior after the Gasol trade. The Lakers would have won that series in 6 or 7 even if the Spurs had tied it at 2-2. Spurs weren't winning in LA that year.

the main issue I have with 2008 was that the NBA should have vetoed and nixed the Gasol trade for basketball reasons... it was one-sided and rigged AF.

You know what other trade was bullshit?!
KAWHI for DD and spare parts...rigged to give a Spur friend a championship...lol

Millennial_Messiah
10-24-2021, 06:20 PM
You know what other trade was bullshit?!
KAWHI for DD and spare parts...rigged to give a Spur friend a championship...lol

It was definitely lopsided af, but the Spurs didn't have much leverage. They had to get rid of either Poop or Leonard and they chose to keep Poop... wrong decision. Memphis didn't have to trade Best Gasol.

Thread
10-27-2021, 12:13 PM
& after that Silver fucker swore up & down that he'd never do what he did to Sterling ever again.

Sterling was too old to fight, too close to the crypt.

Sarver is (hopefully) a fighter who will counter attack hammer & tong and take a bunch with him if he's forced out...like Bowie in the Alamo.

C'mon, Sarv, leave a score among them.

Mitch
10-27-2021, 09:27 PM
& after that Silver fucker swore up & down that he'd never do what he did to Sterling ever again.

Sterling was too old to fight, too close to the crypt.

Sarver is (hopefully) a fighter who will counter attack hammer & tong and take a bunch with him if he's forced out...like Bowie in the Alamo.

C'mon, Sarv, leave a score among them.

Doesn't seem what the Suns fanbase wants, cub. Are you rooting for their continued failure now? :lol

Thread
10-27-2021, 10:01 PM
Doesn't seem what the Suns fanbase wants, cub. Are you rooting for their continued failure now? :lol

He won't take (a check) and let it go like Sterling.

Sarver didn't go to all that time, trouble and expense to get exactly what he wanted just to have it robbed from him. And I don't blame him. This, I said THIS is as good as it's gonna get for Sarver, and what's more? It'll never get this good again. And what's more:::he knows it. I hope he fights these fucks with everything he's got.

Me? They'd have to come to the house to get it at the last. & I'd be a waitin'.

This thing with Ayton is a no win event. Gives him the $ he'll tank. Doesn't give him the $ and he'll mope and back slide. Might as well keep the $.

---

Yes, until it comes down to them Vs. anybody beside the Lakers come the playoffs. Absolutely. If the Suns were to appear in the Finals again, I'd still pull for my brothers in blood to get their NBA World Championship.

They need it.

Mitch
10-28-2021, 12:05 AM
He won't take (a check) and let it go like Sterling.

Sarver didn't go to all that time, trouble and expense to get exactly what he wanted just to have it robbed from him. And I don't blame him. This, I said THIS is as good as it's gonna get for Sarver, and what's more? It'll never get this good again. And what's more:::he knows it. I hope he fights these fucks with everything he's got.

Me? They'd have to come to the house to get it at the last. & I'd be a waitin'.

This thing with Ayton is a no win event. Gives him the $ he'll tank. Doesn't give him the $ and he'll mope and back slide. Might as well keep the $.

---

Yes, until it comes down to them Vs. anybody beside the Lakers come the playoffs. Absolutely. If the Suns were to appear in the Finals again, I'd still pull for my brothers in blood to get their NBA World Championship.

They need it.

:lol well Sarver deserves what he has

I got a question cub, how you feeling about the cardinals? Do you want all AZ teams to win now or just giving up on hating the suns

Thread
10-28-2021, 02:38 AM
:lol well Sarver deserves what he has

I got a question cub, how you feeling about the cardinals? Do you want all AZ teams to win now or just giving up on hating the suns

All the regret comes from those that let Sarver in to begin with. Colangelo included and at the top of the list. Sarver got the franchise for a song and a dance and now it's priceless. He's making money hand over fist and is pocketing a good portion of those proceeds.

He's unlikable at first sight and then it just gets worse as he talks. He's squalid and unkempt. White and stuck up. The NBA has decided they don't want him there, so, they're gonna cancel him with the old::: "He touched women's woo-woo's and even though he hired a black GM he is still white and racist. Out! But we'll be fair and give him what we gave Sterling, plus interest to date."

Sarver:::"Your mother's waitin'."

---

No. I have no relationship with Card's fans. They're indians at the door as far as I'm concerned. And naturally I'm concerned. I need an injury, an "injunction"---something to turn the tide and get them away from a Super Bowl ring, far away. I have little insurance there to keep them away from it:::

Chiefs are on their ass.
Tampa Bay is sated.
Seattle is AWOL.
The NFL is pulling for the Cardinals. I can feel it in my bones, like the NBA was pulling for the Suns this past Finals. Sure, they switched to the Bucks after the Bucks rang, but make nary mistake, the NBA wanted the Suns to ring there.

It's a long way though to the SP. Just have to keep praying for a miracle to intervene.

Christ, I haven't listened to talk radio since the season started because the cocksuckers keep winning. I won't listen to that shit. No way. And now it's no use to listen to it should they lose a game here, a game there. This will be the long haul for me now, to the bitter end for one of us.

I need somebody to break Murray in half.

Thread
10-28-2021, 06:49 PM
All the regret comes from those that let Sarver in to begin with. Colangelo included and at the top of the list. Sarver got the franchise for a song and a dance and now it's priceless. He's making money hand over fist and is pocketing a good portion of those proceeds.

He's unlikable at first sight and then it just gets worse as he talks. He's squalid and unkempt. White and stuck up. The NBA has decided they don't want him there, so, they're gonna cancel him with the old::: "He touched women's woo-woo's and even though he hired a black GM he is still white and racist. Out! But we'll be fair and give him what we gave Sterling, plus interest to date."

---

No. I have no relationship with Card's fans. They're indians at the door as far as I'm concerned. And naturally I'm concerned. I need an injury, an "injunction"---something to turn the tide and get them away from a Super Bowl ring, far away. I have little insurance there to keep them away from it:::

Chiefs are on their ass.
Tampa Bay is sated.
Seattle is AWOL.
The NFL is pulling for the Cardinals. I can feel it in my bones, like the NBA was pulling for the Suns this past Finals. Sure, they switched to the Bucks after the Bucks rang, but make nary mistake, the NBA wanted the Suns to ring there.

It's a long way though to the SP. Just have to keep praying for a miracle to intervene.

Christ, I haven't listened to talk radio since the season started because the cocksuckers keep winning. I won't listen to that shit. No way. And now it's no use to listen to it should they lose a game here, a game there. This will be the long haul for me now, to the bitter end for one of us.

...not Murray, unfortunately, but I found a toe hold...J.J. Watt's season is over.

Let us proceed...

Mitch
10-28-2021, 08:44 PM

---

Chiefs are on their ass.
Tampa Bay is sated.
Seattle is AWOL.

We'll see, cub. I don't really see the cards as being nearly as good as they seem, often times a team looks much better when it doesn't matter than they do when it does.

Will Hunting
11-01-2021, 09:09 AM

Congrats Suns fans.
Getting worried that this asshole who leaked the story made ESPN apprehensive about publishing it.

Robz4000
11-01-2021, 09:14 AM
Getting worried that this asshole who leaked the story made ESPN apprehensive about publishing it.

Hoping it's just being held up by Sarver begging and pleading to keep it under wraps. He's too cheap to fork over the money it'd take to bury it.

Robz4000
11-04-2021, 12:04 PM
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/32440987/phoenix-suns-robert-sarver-allegations-racism-misogyny

And boom goes the dynamite.

lefty
11-04-2021, 12:18 PM
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/32440987/phoenix-suns-robert-sarver-allegations-racism-misogyny

damn:

After the loss, Suns majority owner Robert Sarver entered the coaches locker room, Watson told ESPN.
"You know, why does Draymond Green get to run up the court and say [N-word]," Sarver, who is white, allegedly said, repeating the N-word several times in a row.
"You can't say that," Watson, who is Black and Hispanic, told Sarver.
"Why?" Sarver replied. "Draymond Green says [N-word]."
"You can't f---ing say that," Watson said again.

lefty
11-04-2021, 12:39 PM
in b4 Lebron gets asked about the whole thing

FrostKing
11-04-2021, 12:48 PM
damn:

After the loss, Suns majority owner Robert Sarver entered the coaches locker room, Watson told ESPN.
"You know, why does Draymond Green get to run up the court and say [N-word]," Sarver, who is white, allegedly said, repeating the N-word several times in a row.

Watson can only half say it? Using a word without directing at any specific person or group isn't racism. Any actual examples of racism in the article or just another jerk.

Will Hunting
11-04-2021, 12:54 PM
There's no smoking gun the way there was with Sterling so unfortunately Sarver might survive this, but my god those are some bad allegations, especially given the sheer volume of them.

Will Hunting
11-04-2021, 01:11 PM
damn:

that's not as funny as him wanting to hire Lindsey Hunter over Dan Majerle because the players are "n!ggers who need a n!gger" as their coach :lmao:lmao

KobesAchilles
11-04-2021, 01:30 PM
half way through the article and so far what a reach :lol

Robz4000
11-04-2021, 01:52 PM
Yeah, a lot of this is pathetic and what I expected was going on behind the scenes, but nothing to force him out. I'm betting Sarver actually did fork over a pretty penny to cover up some shit.

lefty
11-04-2021, 02:57 PM

Watson can only half say it? Using a word without directing at any specific person or group isn't racism. Any actual examples of racism in the article or just another jerk.
Watson can say Negro
Problem solved lol

Mark Celibate
11-04-2021, 03:27 PM
"These [N-words] need a [N-word]," Sarver told the staffer of his largely Black team, according to the executive.
Sarver again cited race as the reason the team needed to hire Watson as head coach in 2016, a former Suns basketball executive said: A young Black coach could better relate to Black players, Sarver reasoned, and could "speak their language."

:lmao dude would fit right in on this forum

Adam Lambert
11-04-2021, 03:39 PM
I'm sure Sarver is a piece of shit and probably said a lot of worse things but I find the Draymond Green anecdote to be incredibly tame, and that's about as far as I got in the article. So if they're leading with that, this seems like a pretty weak hit piece.

Robz4000
11-04-2021, 04:20 PM
I'm sure Sarver is a piece of shit and probably said a lot of worse things but I find the Draymond Green anecdote to be incredibly tame, and that's about as far as I got in the article. So if they're leading with that, this seems like a pretty weak hit piece.

There's definitely worse things than that, but there definitely isn't anything damning. Most of it is he said-she said imo.

koriwhat
11-04-2021, 04:52 PM
Lmao at the lynching of "white supremacists"

This whole he's a racist is hilarious... There's a fine line between being an actual racist and saying some fucked shit I suppose. The dude pays black dudes millions to put a ball through a hoop yet he's a racist just like Sterling who once dated a black woman. :lmao

Either way, Sarver just like Sterling are both old assholes but I seriously doubt they're racists like Biden's and Hillary's mentor Byrd. :tu

Will Hunting
11-04-2021, 05:27 PM
Honestly Sarver isn’t racist or sexist as much as he’s just a sociopath who likes having power over people. That’s really the takeaway from this article.

Will Hunting
11-04-2021, 05:29 PM
There's definitely worse things than that, but there definitely isn't anything damning. Most of it is he said-she said imo.
It’s a death by 1,000 papercuts type thing.

imo the most damning piece of this is Sarver’s lawyers telling ESPN to talk to “these 10 people”….Uh seriously? Sarver has been an NBA owner for 17 years, and there’s only 10 people willing to vouch for him?

Mark Celibate
11-04-2021, 05:47 PM
Honestly Sarver isn’t racist or sexist as much as he’s just a sociopath who likes having power over people. That’s really the takeaway from this article.

I just read the article tbh a lot of the racist stuff is just reaching imo and typical butthurt from the modern day black. (:lmao at Corliss Williamson twisting Sarver's tantrum into an "old, white plantation owner against the Southern Negro" analogy). I think the dude is just an a$$hole that people got tired of, and now they're twisting/fabricating enough of these stories in order to get him fired. Same way that in some toxic corporations, co-workers talk sh!t about previous employees now that they're gone and tell all sorts of crazy stories about them when in reality they're probably regular people

Will Hunting
11-04-2021, 05:50 PM
I just read the article tbh a lot of the racist stuff is just reaching imo and typical butthurt from the modern day black. (:lmao at Corliss Williamson twisting Sarver's tantrum into an "old, white plantation owner against the Southern Negro" analogy). I think the dude is just an a$$hole that people got tired of, and now they're twisting/fabricating enough of these stories in order to get him fired. Same way that in some toxic corporations, co-workers talk sh!t about previous employees now that they're gone and tell all sorts of crazy stories about them when in reality they're probably regular people
Yeah the Corliss Williamson thing wasn’t a racism problem, it was a meddling owner who was born on 3rd base and thinks he hit a triple problem.

still though, I really can’t sympathize with Sarver the way I could sympathize with say the Duke lacrosse team for how it was smeared. If Sarver ends up getting removed as owner because of muh racism it’ll be a case of untoward means being used to get to the right end.

Kurgan
11-04-2021, 06:56 PM
There's no smoking gun the way there was with Sterling so unfortunately Sarver might survive this, but my god those are some bad allegations, especially given the sheer volume of them.

Yeah, there doesn't seem to be enough in there to force him to sell. But it's definitely going to leave an impression around the league which could hurt the Suns in the future when approaching free agents and front office candidates.

lefty
11-04-2021, 07:16 PM
that's not as funny as him wanting to hire Lindsey Hunter over Dan Majerle because the players are "n!ggers who need a n!gger" as their coach :lmao:lmao

:lol culture fit

DeadlyDynasty
11-05-2021, 08:29 AM
half way through the article and so far what a reach :lol
It's so poorly written and "try hard," that it comes off as something a teenager would write. ESPN should leave the investigating to professionals. You'd think a guy with Sarver's reputation would write the article itself, but they struckout playing tee ball

ambchang
11-05-2021, 10:04 AM
I have worked at worse places described in the article. I was actually thinking this to be some sterling lever stuff but like stated before by other posters it’s just a piece about him being a horrible human being, typical to how spoiled privileged people behave.

manufan10
11-05-2021, 10:54 AM
This is the one that gets me:

A recruiting pitch was set for the start of free agency. Among Sarver and others, attendees included Nash's agent Bill Duffy and 2003 Rookie of the Year Amar'e Stoudemire, both of whom are Black. Three people in the room told ESPN that, during the meeting, Sarver made a comment they felt was racially insensitive; they could not recall specifics but said they felt he too loosely used the term "Black guy" during the conversation.

We're going to use an instance where no one can recall exactly what happened... but we're to believe that it was really bad. :lol

ambchang
11-05-2021, 01:25 PM
I am interested in knowing why, after all these years, when Dr. Buss is known to be some rich pervert who clearly view women as objects, that nothing like this ever came out about the Lakers.

koriwhat
11-05-2021, 01:34 PM
We're going to use an instance where no one can recall exactly what happened... but we're to believe that it was really bad. :lol

#MeToo would like to say hi.

lefty
11-05-2021, 02:24 PM
I am interested in knowing why, after all these years, when Dr. Buss is known to be some rich pervert who clearly view women as objects, that nothing like this ever came out about the Lakers.

No social media but it was also a different time
Different mentality, plus it was the 80s, Showtime, Magic fellating Worthy and Scott, cocaine but of fucking course only Rockets and Mavs players were suspended I wonder why

Mark Celibate
11-05-2021, 03:47 PM
This is the one that gets me:

doesn't matter....the "racism/misogynyist" card is about as unstoppable as the Kareem Sky Hook when it comes to the "getting Whitey fired" gameplan

Trainwreck2100
11-05-2021, 04:02 PM
doesn't matter....the "racism/misogynyist" card is about as unstoppable as the Kareem Sky Hook when it comes to the "getting Whitey fired" gameplan

that only works when whitey don't have money. They had Sterling dead to rights, this is all hearsay.

ambchang
11-06-2021, 08:05 AM
No social media but it was also a different time
Different mentality, plus it was the 80s, Showtime, Magic fellating Worthy and Scott, cocaine but of fucking course only Rockets and Mavs players were suspended I wonder why

Exactly.

Clippers being a threat in the West? Bam, there goes Sterling.

Suns made the finals? Sarver gets heat.

Wonder why.

Robz4000
11-06-2021, 08:40 AM
One thing that's happening is stories are starting to come out of the woodwork. Vince Carter said on ESPN yesterday that Sarver told his players to lay him out back in the day. That's nothing to write home about, but with all these accusations maybe someone will come forward with a haymaker.

11-06-2021, 11:28 AM
Exactly.

Wonder why.

I get what youre saying but Sterling being gone is probably the best thing that has happened to the clippers. He was arguably the shittiest owner in sports tbh

Harry Callahan
11-06-2021, 11:52 AM
The things that happened for 15 years on Mark Cuban's watch regarding a super predator (Terdema Ussery) have been essentially swept under the rug. Mark Cuban said he knew nothing about the situation regarding his second in command (team CEO) - I can't believe that at all.

The organizational dysfunction continues based on the total makeover of the basketball senior management in the last few months. There is no way a team coached by Jason Kidd will be as well coached versus Rick Carlisle.

Cuban should have paid a much greater price - draft picks, suspension, etc. He hired a female team President and paid a small (for him) fine and everything was fine and dandy. Total crock of ****.

lefty
11-06-2021, 02:14 PM
Exactly.

Wonder why.
to be fair the Suns benefited from injuries

I don’t think they can beat a healthy Warriors team

But you never know, GS may not have an answer for Ayton either

DC23
11-06-2021, 04:24 PM
Earl Watson is a disgruntled former employee with zero credibility. Nothing to see here.

Mark Celibate
11-06-2021, 04:30 PM
:cry :cry :cry

ambchang
11-06-2021, 06:17 PM
to be fair the Suns benefited from injuries

I don’t think they can beat a healthy Warriors team

But you never know, GS may not have an answer for Ayton either

It was a lot of luck for the Suns last year. I’d be surprised if they can even make the WCF this year. I’d have them out in the first round and the second round would be an overachievement for them.

FrostKing
11-06-2021, 07:50 PM
Often - too big to fail. Examples are made of bottom feeders. NBA is still in competition with NFL etc. Can't be tarnishing a significant portion of its own product.

Maybe in a way that's fair. If you aren't winning thus bringing financial exposure to the league then you are expendable.

Will Hunting
11-07-2021, 09:46 AM
One thing that's happening is stories are starting to come out of the woodwork. Vince Carter said on ESPN yesterday that Sarver told his players to lay him out back in the day. That's nothing to write home about, but with all these accusations maybe someone will come forward with a haymaker.
To “lay him out?” Wtf does that even mean?

Robz4000
11-07-2021, 02:17 PM
To “lay him out?” Wtf does that even mean?

Injure him intentionally I assume.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
11-07-2021, 10:13 PM
Former Suns account executive David Bodzin said that in August 2014, Sarver pantsed him in front of more than 60 employees at the team's ALS Ice Bucket Challenge.

LMAO poor bodzin

Allan Rowe vs Wade
11-07-2021, 10:16 PM
In 2017 two former employees said that a white male executive repeatedly called a Black co-worker "Carlton," in reference to the character from the '90s TV show "Fresh Prince of Bel-Air."

this is wrong unless the co-worker is Chris Paul tbh

Will Hunting
11-08-2021, 09:26 AM
It was a lot of luck for the Suns last year. I’d be surprised if they can even make the WCF this year. I’d have them out in the first round and the second round would be an overachievement for them.
You're probably right only because the Warriors are back to being the best team in the WC, especially once Klaynus returns from injury. If Wiseman can come back and show progress, the Warriors will be even harder to beat.

lefty
11-08-2021, 01:31 PM
You're probably right only because the Warriors are back to being the best team in the WC, especially once Klaynus returns from injury. If Wiseman can come back and show progress, the Warriors will be even harder to beat.

Poole and Bjelica have been pretty good as well

Will Hunting
11-08-2021, 04:47 PM
Poole and Bjelica have been pretty good as well
Yeah that's what I'm saying they already look pretty good without Klaynus.

lefty
11-08-2021, 06:23 PM
Yeah that's what I'm saying they already look pretty good without Klaynus.

yep

Robz4000
11-08-2021, 09:29 PM

Eh, Dubs have been playing only the shittiest teams in the league thus far. Only playoff-caliber team they've seen so far is the Grizz and they lost to them.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
11-08-2021, 09:40 PM
Eh, Dubs have been playing only the shittiest teams in the league thus far. Only playoff-caliber team they've seen so far is the Grizz and they lost to them.

mostly true tbh

Regular Season
vs Hawks
11/8
10:00 PM

vs Rockets
W
120-107

vs Pelicans
W
126-85

vs Hornets
W
114-92
vs Thunder
W
103-82

vs Grizzlies
L
104-101

@ Thunder
W
106-98

@ Kings
W
119-107

vs Clippers
W
115-113

@ Lakers
W
121-114

Robz4000
11-08-2021, 09:43 PM
mostly true tbh

Regular Season
vs Hawks
11/8
10:00 PM

vs Rockets
W
120-107

vs Pelicans
W
126-85

vs Hornets
W
114-92
vs Thunder
W
103-82

vs Grizzlies
L
104-101

@ Thunder
W
106-98

@ Kings
W
119-107

vs Clippers
W
115-113

@ Lakers
W
121-114

This year's Clipper team is hot garbage and the geriatric Lakers aren't far behind them tbh.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
11-08-2021, 09:44 PM
This year's Clipper team is hot garbage and the geriatric Lakers aren't far behind them tbh.

west is pretty garbage so i'd still put them in the playoffs (along with plausibly SAC. who always seems to be on the cusp of making the playoffs)

Allan Rowe vs Wade
11-08-2021, 09:45 PM
i mean the lakers almost lost to the spurs for chrissake so you know they're trash

Robz4000
11-08-2021, 09:45 PM
Honestly, only four teams in the West are worth a shit this season: Jazz, Nuggets, Suns, and Dubs. Grizz might be in there but it's early.

Robz4000
11-08-2021, 09:48 PM
Crazy to think how the tables have turned between the West and East tbh. Only complete jokes in the EC this season are Detroit and Orlando.

Jeremy
11-09-2021, 06:16 PM
New story by Baxter Holmes: Penny Sarver, wife of Robert Sarver, sent messages to three former Phoenix Suns employees https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/32592504/penny-sarver-wife-robert-sarver-sent-messages-three-former-phoenix-suns-employees

ambchang
11-09-2021, 07:39 PM
New story by Baxter Holmes: Penny Sarver, wife of Robert Sarver, sent messages to three former Phoenix Suns employees https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/32592504/penny-sarver-wife-robert-sarver-sent-messages-three-former-phoenix-suns-employees

She is really stupid.

ambchang
11-15-2021, 04:40 PM
I got to thank Sarver for the championships.

https://www.gq.com/story/kevin-garnett-profile?utm_source=pocket-newtab

The Celtics, Lakers, and Phoenix Suns were all on Garnett’s list. He remembers Steve Nash making a regretful phone call on behalf of Suns owner Robert Sarver, saying that Garnett would not only have to take a pay cut if he came to Phoenix, but that “they wasn't keeping all the pieces that I was asking for or requesting,” he says. “Steve Nash came to me and was very disappointed. He also apologized on behalf of Phoenix and ownership, and he was very, very, very deliberate about how much he wanted to play with me.”

Impact to the Lakers wasn't as great because the Lakers colluded and got MVPau, but still ...

Garnett had reservations about going to play in Boston, even after speaking to Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge. That’s partly because before he made a final decision, he wanted to talk with Kobe. The only problem: Bryant was touring China for Nike and, from Garnett’s point of view, couldn’t be bothered to discuss a future as teammates. “I needed to have a conversation with him. I couldn't talk to Phil [Jackson, then coach of the Lakers] or none of that. I'm not a phone guy, you know what I'm saying? But it's [Kobe], you know what I'm saying? It was just kind of water under the bridge. At least it felt like that.”

The two never connected. Later that summer, Garnett ran into Antoine Walker at an event celebrating Gary Payton’s renewal of his marriage vows; the former Celtic helped convince him that Boston was where he could win. (It also helped that Ainge traded for Ray Allen on draft night.)

baseline bum
11-15-2021, 05:03 PM
Damn, 08 Suns with a starting lineup of Nash, Bell, Hill, Stoudemire, and Garnett plus Diaw off the bench would have probably won the title, assuming they had to move Marion in a trade with Minnesota. Almost as bad as fucking Red McCombs refusing to pay Barkley when Philly was ready to send him to the Spurs for Terry Cummings and Willie Anderson. McCombs sabotaged a starting lineup of Strickland / Dale Ellis / Elliott / Barkley / Robinson with Antoine Carr off the bench.

Seventyniner
11-15-2021, 10:23 PM
Damn, 08 Suns with a starting lineup of Nash, Bell, Hill, Stoudemire, and Garnett plus Diaw off the bench would have probably won the title, assuming they had to move Marion in a trade with Minnesota. Almost as bad as fucking Red McCombs refusing to pay Barkley when Philly was ready to send him to the Spurs for Terry Cummings and Willie Anderson. McCombs sabotaged a starting lineup of Strickland / Dale Ellis / Elliott / Barkley / Robinson with Antoine Carr off the bench.

It still hurts :depressed

baseline bum
11-15-2021, 10:46 PM
It still hurts :depressed

No shit. Could have had a starting lineup of Strickland / Ellis / Elliott / Barkley / Robinson and instead ended up with a starting lineup where Avery Johnson and Vinny Del Negro shared starting PG duties, Antoine Carr and JR Reid shared starting PF duties, and then SG Ellis / SF Elliott / C Robinson. What a fucking joke to go from a team that would have dominated the conference for years to a yearly first round and out thanks to McCombs being a cheap piece of shit.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
11-16-2021, 09:59 AM

:lol

ambchang
12-20-2022, 10:27 PM
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/35252911/when-others-going-held-accountable-allegations-suns-misconduct-extend-robert-sarver

Apparently this is not over.

I’m surprised people are surprised about this. It’s basically every single executive in this world, just that the other executives are not that stupid and be this explicitly toxic, they just know how to hide it. Executives don’t become executives because they are nice people, it’s because they are willing to throw people under the bus to advance themselves.

I’m just wondering which organization is next to get exposed. The kings, nets and rockets seem dysfunctional enough to allow this type of behaviour to go unchecked. Dallas was so close and I’m surprised it didn’t get worse. The lakers is basically a ticking time bomb. Both pop and Riley seem like the type of people that would piss off everyone around them but they are smart enough to cover their tracks (primo was a close call but even then nobody went after pop directly). The Knicks though are my odds on favourite, the team suck and is in the largest market, I can see silver trying his hardest to get rid of Dolan and make the Knicks a much more profitable franchise.

MarCowMar
12-21-2022, 01:04 AM
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/35252911/when-others-going-held-accountable-allegations-suns-misconduct-extend-robert-sarver

Apparently this is not over.

I’m surprised people are surprised about this. It’s basically every single executive in this world, just that the other executives are not that stupid and be this explicitly toxic, they just know how to hide it. Executives don’t become executives because they are nice people, it’s because they are willing to throw people under the bus to advance themselves.

I’m just wondering which organization is next to get exposed. The kings, nets and rockets seem dysfunctional enough to allow this type of behaviour to go unchecked. Dallas was so close and I’m surprised it didn’t get worse. The lakers is basically a ticking time bomb. Both pop and Riley seem like the type of people that would piss off everyone around them but they are smart enough to cover their tracks (primo was a close call but even then nobody went after pop directly). The Knicks though are my odds on favourite, the team suck and is in the largest market, I can see silver trying his hardest to get rid of Dolan and make the Knicks a much more profitable franchise.

You're correct that this sort of leverage exists on pretty much anyone. In elite circles it's a rite of passage to offer up blackmail to hit the next level.

Some think they want to get the next level or maybe are pressured into it i (e.g. Martin Lawrence), but when they realize what is at stake and the sorts of horrible things they have to do they go "insane" (their moral grounding/faith is too strong) and their handlers (e.g. Harley Pasternak) have to drug them up and try to mentally build them up to the crime or put them down somehow.

And if you've ever wondered why there are no good people in politics, well some of them do start out good and then a guy like Harley shows up and gets them on the path to working with the cabal.

Will Hunting
12-21-2022, 08:36 AM
I've never been sold on the idea that the Suns could have gotten Garnett in a package centered around an overpaid hustle player who had 1-2 years left in his prime & who's game was going to age like milk as he got older and couldn't rely on his athleticism to grab rebounds over bigger players. IMO they had to give up Amare to get Garnett (would have still been worth it, but the point is a Stoudemire/Garnett frontline was always a pipedream), and even then the consensus seemed to be that McHale wanted Al Jefferson more than Amare.

Beating a dead horse but the biggest Suns mistake from that era was selling the draft pick that could have taken Iguodala & not paying Joe Johnson. Instead of being loaded with long, athletic wing players they could have thrown at Parker & Ginobili, they had a team that needed Raja Bell to play 37 minutes a night (which led to him tearing his calf muscle in the 2006 WCF + having absolutely nothing left in the tank to match up with Ginobili at the end of the 2007 series). Joe Johnson running the point was also the closest thing the Suns ever had to a Nash backup until Dragic emerged in 2010.

FrostKing
12-21-2022, 08:55 AM
Snyder of the former Redskins looks dug in. Protect his name maybe even himself from charges.

Ambchang is correct. Silver/NBA will continue to use the winds of change to rid the League of undesirables to them. Some justified and others possibly not.

Will Hunting
12-21-2022, 09:22 AM
Snyder of the former Redskins looks dug in. Protect his name maybe even himself from charges.

Ambchang is correct. Silver/NBA will continue to use the winds of change to rid the League of undesirables to them. Some justified and others possibly not.
You're right and I haven't paid much attention to the Snyder thing, but in the case of Sarver, he had it coming...

The fans hate him even though the Suns might be good now because of how notoriously cheap he is + the decade-long era of awfulness in the 2010s that Sarver was largely responsible for
The players hate him after the greedy CBA he tried to push for in 2010 that would have created a hard salary cap and a $12 million the max contract
There's been countless examples of front office personnel leaving the Suns specifically because they hated and then thriving with another team (Steve Kerr, David Griffin, Rick Welts)
The administrative staff and employees clearly hate Sarver given how many of them lined up to throw him under the bus
The other owners hate him simply because he's an asshole

Sarver has done nothing but make enemies since the day he bought the Suns, and the result is that almost no one was willing to come to his rescue and vouch for him when these allegations came up. That's his own doing; all of the people who've wanted to get rid of Sarver for years seized on this as an opportunity. When there were similar hostile workplace allegations in Dallas, Mark Cuban was able to clean that up very quickly with little to no national attention since Cuban is adored by fans and there wasn't any preceding desire to get rid of him.

FrostKing
05-11-2023, 11:44 PM
https://i.ibb.co/KNgQ9bj/Robert-Sarver.jpg

lefty
05-12-2023, 12:40 AM
https://i.ibb.co/KNgQ9bj/Robert-Sarver.jpg
Yep he got destroyed at home to a lower seed