PDA

View Full Version : popovichs history of sabotaging young players for vets needs to be addressed

playblair
10-27-2021, 05:30 AM
its a major blemish o his record

look at this list of his choosing vets over talented young platers

mcdice over blair
richard jefferso over kawhi
forbes over primo
avery johnson over antonio daniels
tony parker over george hill
brent barry over beneo udrih

slick'81
10-27-2021, 06:00 AM
Mills over vassel etc etc

We hear you

GreekSpursfan
10-27-2021, 06:44 AM
Dumb thread and looking at the list you presented becomes dumber.

Gagnrath
10-27-2021, 11:15 AM
The list presented is stupid but there is also an argument to be made that Popovich isn't great and developing players who need to have their confidence built or encouraged. Timeline wise he also has had to deal with logjams at positions at various points in his tenure which hasn't help some guys cases for playing time. I am not making excuses though to a certain extent it will sound like it. If as a coaching staff you have two guys with similar current impact on the game at this moment in time, one is being assertive for a chance at playing time and the other is ambivalent, you tend to go with the guy who is in the moment even if the other has greater long term potential.

Spurs Homer
10-27-2021, 11:18 AM
Bonner over splitter and over anyone else was a travesty

bogans lol centerpiece

finley over bowen -ugh

forbes over anyone

corpse of rudy gay over anyone

id give primo minutes over forbes,over ewwwbanks, over d white at this point also

RC_Drunkford
10-27-2021, 03:02 PM
Bonner over splitter and over anyone else was a travesty

bogans lol centerpiece

finley over bowen -ugh

forbes over anyone

corpse of rudy gay over anyone

id give primo minutes over forbes,over ewwwbanks, over d white at this point also

just the tip of the iceberg.

Gasol over Poeltl

Trey Lyles as starting PF over anybody

Belinelli over Walker

Forbes over White

spurraider21
10-27-2021, 03:10 PM

mcdice over blair
forbes over primo
i know this account is pure troll

but they literally traded richard jefferson to make room for kawhi minutes during his rookie year :lol

and you forgot blair/bonner over splitter, particularly against memphis

spurraider21
10-27-2021, 03:10 PM
just the tip of the iceberg.

Gasol over Poeltl

Trey Lyles as starting PF over anybody

Belinelli over Walker

Forbes over White
dante cunningham :lol

Proxy
10-28-2021, 03:43 AM
imagine how good we'd be if james white had just played more, we'd still have kawhi and have won back to back to back to vack to back championships

Fireball
10-28-2021, 05:27 AM
i believe there are dozens of young players in the NBA who were thrown into the fire too quickly in this league which sabotaged their career even more ... i can totally understand why Pop is not playing an 18 year old babyface. I may not like it but I understand him ...

rankingtear
10-28-2021, 06:06 AM
i believe there are dozens of young players in the NBA who were thrown into the fire too quickly in this league which sabotaged their career even more ... i can totally understand why Pop is not playing an 18 year old babyface. I may not like it but I understand him ...

There are many that lost confidence because they have no success early on, Culver is the most recent one. Poku got major minutes even if he is the youngest player in the NBA last year and mostly the worst player statistically and now he is G-League bound in his second year.

I think the worst you can do is giving a rookie major minutes and then demoting them if they fail, most of them never recover and end up as draft busts. Terry Stotts was also famous for not playing rookies, Little, Trent and Simmons are exceeding expectations. Flynn got major minutes last season for TOR even performed very well and now is out of the rotation. Aaron Nesmith got some run for BOS and now out of the rotation. DJ , KJ , LW and DV are progressing in a steady pace which is not perfect but ideal.

Fireball
10-28-2021, 06:50 AM
There are many that lost confidence because they have no success early on, Culver is the most recent one. Poku got major minutes even if he is the youngest player in the NBA last year and mostly the worst player statistically and now he is G-League bound in his second year.

I think the worst you can do is giving a rookie major minutes and then demoting them if they fail, most of them never recover and end up as draft busts. Terry Stotts was also famous for not playing rookies, Little, Trent and Simmons are exceeding expectations. Flynn got major minutes last season for TOR even performed very well and now is out of the rotation. Aaron Nesmith got some run for BOS and now out of the rotation. DJ , KJ , LW and DV are progressing in a steady pace which is not perfect but ideal.

thx for giving me some evidence! interesting

Ed Helicopter Jones
11-01-2021, 05:16 AM

mcdice over blair
forbes over primo

Is Ducks your proofreader?