PDA

View Full Version : Detroit, Spurs playing like they meet again....

spursfaninla
11-24-2005, 03:11 AM
of course its too early, but its just unusual that the two finalists last year are starting out the year as the two best teams clearly to begin the year (though some would say Dallas has reason to brag).

Detroit just bitch-slapped Denver; they had 7 players in double figures, one of the wallaces had 15 rebounds and the other had 5 blocks, they shot over 50% and held Denver to 40% shooting.

So much for losing their D with the new coach.

Damn, they are looking better than last year.

Its going to be just as tough as last year's finals, if not tougher. Hopefully we will be healthier than last year and that will compensate for how much better Detroit looks.

milkyway21
11-24-2005, 03:21 AM
don't be too sure . Miami is currently #2 in the East despite missing ShaQ.

But Detroit is playing good basketball right now, i agree with that.

But unless the team's best player is off the injury list nobody can tell esp when he's a 7footer/340 pounder like ShaQ

mavsfan1000
11-24-2005, 03:45 AM
When Shaq comes back that would put Mourning, their best defender, on the bench which is what they desperately need. Scoring isn't their problem.

Rummpd
11-24-2005, 10:11 AM
I would love to see that - Shaq benched for Mourning! (Won't happen but would be a humbling experience for the Shaq)

lilmads
11-24-2005, 10:33 AM
I would love to see that - Shaq benched for Mourning! (Won't happen but would be a humbling experience for the Shaq)

Haha sooo true!:)

THE X-FACTOR
11-24-2005, 02:34 PM
don't be too sure . Miami is currently #2 in the East despite missing ShaQ.

The Cavs and Pacers are better then the Heat, with or without Shaq....

Rummpd
11-24-2005, 02:45 PM
I give the Pistons props today in an article on www.hoopsworld.com (free side) see below:

The NBA has had an exciting start to this season, and has seemingly done everything it can to move beyond the terrible Pistons-Pacers-fans brawl last year. There are exciting teams, exciting players emerging and so most importantly, thank God no repeat of the violence of last year.

Therefore, on a day when we should all be thankful for this and many other reasons let’s have a friendly debate on some matters in the NBA through a question and answer format answered by the “SportsDoc to the Fans”:

Questions I and II.

Who will win the NBA championship and who will they have to beat in the finals?

Going into the season, I was adamant that the Spurs and the Pacers would meet in the finals with the Spurs prevailing. I still believe the Spurs will win the West but they will most likely be tested more on the way there than I used to believe. Folks the Mavericks are for real, as they as a team have bought into Avery Johnson’s philosophy of defense as an integral part of the game.

They could give the Spurs all they could handle, as could the Suns, if Amare Stoudemire returns healthy. The Suns have also improved the diversity and depth of their roster and are even holding teams under 100 – four straight times now. Guard Boris Diaw, James Jones and the injured guard Leandro Barbosa (knee strain, expected out a couple of weeks) are all emerging as scoring threats.

The strong starting Clippers behind MVP candidate (see below) Eldon Brand are a potentially tough team but probably need some playoff experience first. The enigmatic Nuggets could also be in the mix, and they have a talented squad being currently led by Marcus Camby, who has been a force on the boards and with several recent multi-block games.

However, I still see the Spurs emerging, they are just too deep this year, and Tony Parker has really stepped up his own offense so far this year averaging 21.8 PPG while still distributing 5.8 APG. Plus they have that guy named Tim Duncan, who is lighter and seemingly more energized. Despite playing only 34.5 minutes a game, Duncan is averaging 21.5 PPG, 12.0 RBG and 2.56 BPG.

Out East, I wish I had the luxury of seeing tonight’s Cavaliers versus Pacers game to see whether or not the Pacers can step up to an early season challenge. For the Cavaliers have to suddenly be considered in the mix for coming out of the East. The Cavaliers have won eight straight and have been very dominant at home. Cleveland is leading the league in scoring at 105.4 PPG and more impressively, has a double digit point differential at 10.36 PPG in running its record to 9-2. The story has not been all LeBron James (see MVP discussion below) as newcomer Larry Hughes is contributing 18.3 PPG and center Zydrunas Ilgauskas has been very steady in the post and is averaging 14.3 PPG and 8.3 RBG.

Miami behind Dwyane Wade’s incredible all around play (25.5 PPG, 7.6 APG, and 7.8 RBG) and a solid starting performance as the center by Alonzo Mourning (11.1 PPG and 7.1 RBG), has stayed an Eastern Power in the absence of Shaquille O’Neal. Antoine Walker has been a steady contributor as well and one cannot discount their chances, if and it is a big if, Shaquille O’Neal history of injuries the last few years, is a non-factor come playoff time.

However, I still see the deep Pacers as a greater threat to come out of the East, and they are beginning to gel behind stars Ron Artest and Jermaine O’Neal. European newcomer, G, Sarunas Jasikevicius, is a shooting threat and although averaging only 7.0 PPG is shooting 46% and should only improve as the season goes on.

That being said one right now has to consider the Pistons the favorite to come out of the East. This team is surging behind new coach Flip Saunders, and they are firing on all cylinders with improved team scoring at 99.30 PPG. Except for one lopsided loss to the Mavericks on a back to back on the road, the Pistons have looked unstoppable.

Mark December 25th on your NBA schedule as the Pistons and Spurs will face off on the same day as the new traditional Lakers and Heat game. However, it is the match-up of the last champions of the last three years (Pistons 03-04), Spurs (02-02 and 04-05). This will be a battle of probably the best two teams in the NBA right now (with apologies to the Mavericks who have beaten both soundly this year already, albeit on the 2nd game of road back to backs for the Spurs and Pistons).

I see the Spurs winning on the road in a close one, just like I see them winning another close finals, in 6-7 games, now over the Pistons instead of the Pacers.

Question III.

Who is now the “gold standard” for guard or swingman players in the NBA?

In reality this is a bigger list than most people appreciate. Lets look at six candidates for this honor:

1) I most definitely include Steve Nash in the equation, who not only is the reigning MVP but continues to amaze with his timely distributing and scoring ability. Nash is averaging 16.8 PPG and 11.3 PPG. Moreover, Nash probably gets more out of seemingly limited athletic ability than anyone on this list.

2) Defending scoring champion, Allen Iverson is just an amazing player for his size. Tough, durable and often leading the league in minutes per game, “AI” also has led the Sixers back from a 0-3 start to a 7-6 record on 32.8 PPG and an impressive 8.1 APG. Iverson has also increased his shooting percentage to 44.1% this year.

3) Tracy McGrady, perhaps should be considered MVP in absentia as his Rockets simply look lost offensively without him. Perhaps as athletically gifted as anyone in the league one wonders whether or not his chronic back injuries will dramatically diminish his career, not only this season. Despite his ails, he is still averaging 21.8 PPG and 8.1 RBG.

4) Kobe Byrant has been formerly called by me the “gold standard” in this category and he is still a great, great player. He has been criticized for shooting too much but he is hitting his field goals at about 44% and leads the league in scoring at 33.0 PPG shading out Iverson, and also adds 5.4 RBG and 4.3 APG. However, he has just not been able to prove that he can yet carry a team or merge his spectacular talents with Lamar Odom and other current teammates.

5) One player who is proving he can carry a team, at least for short stretches is Dwyane Wade. Wade simply took over a recent game versus the Sixers just missing a triple double with 32 points, 10 assists and 9 rebounds. He is such a competitor and seems to be able to drive on most players in the league at will. After this game, Alonzo Mourning said he saw shades of a young Michael Jordan in Wade, and it is hard to argue with that perception. Hint to the NBA – this guy is good and he should be in any MVP discussion.

6) Perhaps, only one player in the league right now has an even brighter future than Wade, and that may well be LeBron James. Just when one thinks this young man cannot get any better he does, and this year he is averaging 27.2 PPG, 5.6 RBG and 4.4 APG. LeBron is also my favorite for the MVP, and I see him edging out two great power forwards in Tim Duncan and Eldon Brand. (I would personally pick Duncan but LeBronn will get the vote if his team makes the playoffs).

Ok how would I rate these six stars right now top to bottom as the current gold standard of “guards and swingman”:

1) LeBron James. He is the truth. If he can keep his team winning into the 2nd round of the playoffs or so this year and further in subsequent years, he may be on track to the very top of NBA legends.
2) Allen Iverson. Don’t under-estimate his value to his team.
3) Dwyane Wade. Could usurp even James when all is said and done.
4) Kobe Bryant. This ranking is not a hit on Bryant’s skills; he just needs to lead a team better to move back up.
5) Steve Nash. I love this guy’s game but without his side-kick Amare Stoudemire, his team is up and down so far.
6) Tracy McGrady. Will injuries keep him from attaining true greatness, or is the knock that he cannot win a big game?

Question IV.

Can a case be made that Larry Brown is over-rated? I admit that he is a great coach. His teams are often seen as over-achieving and he is a great teacher. Mr. Brown has done some admirable turnarounds with teams such as the Clippers and the Sixers in the past, he has won a championship, and has certainly won a lot of games in a long and nomadic career. In fact he is closing in on 1000 regular season wins.

That being said his overall regular season record is fairly mundane at 990 and 749 or a winning percentage of 56.9%. His playoff record is 100 and 89 or a 52.9% winning percentage. His overall winning percentage is 57.1%. None of Brown’s teams have ever had a 70% winning percentage.

His overall winning percentage puts him behind among many current coaches such as George Karl, Gregg Popovich, Phil Jackson, Rick Adelman, and Jerry Sloan. His success at reaching the playoffs (17/22) is also behind on a percentage basis that of Adelman, Sloan, Karl Popovich, Jeff Van Gundy, Jackson or an “upstart” like Rick Carlisle (who in only 4 years had not missed yet).

Brown looks and sounds by all appearances like a great coach, seemingly teaches like a great coach, and has a championship to his record. However, for all you Knicks fans out there, a valid case can be made that Brown’s career is at least a little bit over-rated, and he seems to alienate many players along the way to his vaunted turnarounds.

Therefore, if I was picking a coach, he would not be among at least my top three choices in the game today.

My choices:

Phil Jackson, Gregg Popovich or Rick Carlisle.

I love to debate these or other issues in the game, and I will continue to respond to every e-mail sent a [email protected].

milkyway21
11-24-2005, 08:42 PM
The Cavs and Pacers are better then the Heat, with or without Shaq......actually, the Pacers are better than Detroit, IMO. :rolleyes

milkyway21
11-24-2005, 08:45 PM
why this columnist kept repeating Elton Brand's name as "Eldon"?

mavsfan1000
11-24-2005, 08:59 PM
..actually, the Pacers are better than Detroit, IMO. :rolleyes

Actually how is that? The pistons are playing the best now as they've done in the last 3 years. They are prime for a championship with a new coach and more motivation

Rummpd
11-24-2005, 10:14 PM
Apologies to Elton (guess my dyslexia kicked in on Turkey day!)

milkyway21
11-24-2005, 10:43 PM
Actually how is that? The pistons are playing the best now as they've done in the last 3 years. They are prime for a championship with a new coach and more motivation

because they WON over Miami TWICE. the 1st one with Shaq playing.

Detroit beat team such as 76ers,Boston(2x) Sac, Char, Toronto, Suns(no Amare). I didn't see any power teams such as Spurs, Miami, Pacers, Cleveland in the list :rolleyes

mavsfan1000
11-24-2005, 10:47 PM
because they WON over Miami TWICE. the 1st one with Shaq playing.

Detroit beat team such as 76ers,Boston(2x) Sac, Char, Toronto, Suns(no Amare). I didn't see any power teams such as Spurs, Miami, Pacers, Cleveland in the list :rolleyes

Indiana was lucky to beat the heat both times. The Heat really didn't have a chemistry yet because of their new team. The pacers have not impressed me at all. Detroit will shut them down once again like the last 2 years.

milkyway21
11-24-2005, 11:25 PM
Indiana was lucky to beat the heat both times. The Heat really didn't have a chemistry yet because of their new team. The pacers have not impressed me at all. Detroit will shut them down once again like the last 2 years.that's your opinion. i respect that.

like i said IMO , there's nothing you can say or do can change that.

BTW, Detroit lost to the Nets twice in the playoffs too, look who's got a title at the moment.

this is a new season.

The Artest Factor
11-24-2005, 11:34 PM
After the way the Pacers spanked the Cavs tonight, there's no question in my mind that they are the best team in basketball. Spurs fans tell me - how can you possibly win when Artest turns Manu into Vinny Del Negro II?

The Artest Factor
11-24-2005, 11:37 PM
Indiana was lucky to beat the heat both times. The Heat really didn't have a chemistry yet because of their new team. The pacers have not impressed me at all. Detroit will shut them down once again like the last 2 years.
Untill Dirk Nowitzki reliezes he's a PF and not a SG, the Mavs will continue to be shit in the playoffs. The reason big men are so important is their great interior offense, rebounding, and most of all, interior defense. Not their ability to make 17' jumpshots.

Rummpd
11-24-2005, 11:46 PM
The fact it that both Indiana and Detroit are deep and talented teams that would have a wonderful series between them with no love lost if they somehow met in the E. again this year.

milkyway21
11-24-2005, 11:52 PM
Phil Jackson, Gregg Popovich or Rick Carlisle.
i agree with the inclusion of Carlisle, for making it in the 2005 playoffs when his stars-JO'Neal, Artest, SJax missing so many games last season.

milkyway21
11-25-2005, 12:34 AM
The pacers have not impressed me at all...

well, I'm impressed the way Artest shut down LeBron in tonight's game.

i like Lebron but that Artest holding him under 20pts and ending their 8-game winning streak was incredible.

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) -- Ron Artest shut down LeBron James and the streaking Cavaliers.

The former defensive player of the year held James to 19 points on 6-of-20 shooting in Indiana's 98-76 victory over Cleveland on Thursday night.

"It's nothing personal, like a one-on-one matchup with him," Artest said. "It's a team thing. I am a hungry defender and want to win and will guard anybody if that will help us win."

The victory snapped Cleveland's eight-game winning streak.

The rest of the Pacers knew that Artest was clearly the key to frustrating James on offense.

"He made him work for everything," said Jermaine O'Neal, who finished with 15 points and nine rebounds. "We made it tough on him tonight."

Artest also outplayed James on the offensive end, scoring 21 points on 6-of-12 shooting.

The Pacers (7-3) won their third game in a row while the Cavaliers (9-3) missed the chance to become the first Eastern Conference team to win 10 games.

Cleveland averaged a league-best 105 points per game coming in, but was held to 38 percent shooting and tied its season low for points. James called it a combination of the Pacers' defense and poor execution by the Cavaliers.

"We shot terrible tonight," he said. "It's not like we didn't have good shots. We had great looks ... You have to give it to them. They made us look bad."

James never found his rhythm with Artest guarding him. He missed his first eight shots and didn't make a field goal until 1:57 left in the first half.

Indiana played its second consecutive top-notch defensive game. The Pacers held Houston to 74 points on Sunday.

"Defensively, we had one of our better efforts," said Indiana coach Rick Carlisle. "This is a nightmare team to defend because of their ability to slash at the wing positions and their ability to shoot long range. Fortunately, they were missing some they might normally make."

Drew Gooden scored 16 points and Larry Hughes added 13 for the Cavaliers.

Cleveland coach Mike Brown was Indiana's associate head coach the past two seasons, and the Pacers made his homecoming memorable for all the wrong reasons. Indiana held the Cavaliers to 9-of-36 shooting in the first half and took a 47-30 lead into the break. The Pacers led by as many as 21 points in the third quarter.

Sarunas Jasikevicius scored 17 points and made 5-of-6 3-pointers, and Stephen Jackson added 14 points.

The Pacers' winning streak follows an embarrassing 122-90 loss to Charlotte. O'Neal said the Pacers are finally starting to play well consistently on both ends of the floor.

"This was probably the most complete game we've played this season." he said. "They're ranked ahead of us in the east, and we beat them soundly.

Game notes
Reggie Miller and Cheryl Miller both worked on TNT's television broadcast team, Reggie as a color commentator and Cheryl as a sideline reporter. It was the first time the brother-sister combination worked a game together. Reggie, a former Pacer, retired last year. The fans greeted him with a standing ovation during a break halfway through the first quarter.

-----------------
this Sarunas could be a threat to Detroit or any team in the East if he can keep his good shooting streak, guys.

Rummpd
11-25-2005, 12:42 AM
Bowen did the exact same thing to him without all the acclaim.

milkyway21
11-25-2005, 12:59 AM
Bowen did the exact same thing to him without all the acclaim.yeah that's why we are Champs. :angel

scary thing is : there's no stopper for ShaQ.

unless Detroit wins against a healthy ShaQ with another scorer Walker and Wade alongside him, there's still no guarantee Detroit is the best team in the East.

Rummpd
11-25-2005, 01:06 AM
"scary thing there is no stopper for Shaq." Shaq will get his, but so will Duncan = no worries.

mavsfan1000
11-25-2005, 01:38 AM
Artest can't shut down all 5 pistons players. Hamilton is a tough guard for him because he moves so well without the ball.

Sense
11-25-2005, 01:41 AM
Artest can't shut down all 5 pistons players. Hamilton is a tough guard for him because he moves so well without the ball.

Without Hamilton the Pistons are shit.

conqueso
11-25-2005, 02:27 AM
Bowen did the exact same thing to him without all the acclaim.

Spurs v. Cavs 11/4/05
Rash: 12 points, 4-6 FG (3-3 on threes), 2 PFs
LBJ: 20 points, 7-16 FG (0-3 on threes)

Pacers v. Cavs 11/24/05
Psycho: 21 points, 6-12 FG (1-2 on threes), 2 PFs
LBJ: 19 points, 6-20 FG (0-4 on threes)

I think the reason Artest gets all the acclaim is because he doesn't just play amazing defense, he scores well too. He doesn't just park his ass in the corner and take wide open threes...he dribbles, drives, pulls up, and knocks down shots. Plus, three of his makes tonight were within 3 ft. of the bucket. When was the last time you saw Bowen drive to the hole and finish?

If Bowen put up 21 ppg it would be different...everyone would be singing his praises just like they do for Artest. And believe me, I hate saying this, but I've got to admit it...Artest is a better perimeter defender than Bruce. It's just icing on the cake that he scores a ton of points too.

I wonder why no one accuses Artest of being dirty. Is it because he has too much street cred? Or because he earns so much more respect from his opponents than Bruce does? Is his rap album just that good? No, I think it's because they're scared Ron will kill them if they say anything bad about him. Can you imagine Artest just wailing into Ray Allen, landing punch after punch on that little bitch's mug? That would definitely be worth a one year suspension....

milkyway21
11-25-2005, 02:30 AM
Hamilton is a tough guard for him because he moves so well without the ball...yeah just like the remaining sec game 5 of the finals, he used his elbow,still he can't shoot over Tony:lol

z0sa
11-25-2005, 02:44 AM
That is true, because Parker worked his ass off on guarding Hamilton and it really did payoff. Hamilton is a good player but hes not good one on one, he has to have screens to get his shots.

Detroit is playing really good. Miami could beat them, Indiana could beat them. Its too early to be making any really accurate prjections.

theMUHMEshow
11-25-2005, 05:22 AM

I love uninformed basketball fans. :drunk

By the way my little friends...Can anyone tell me a time where Shaq has beat the Pistons? Shaq cannot handle Rasheed and Ben. It has been proven the past two playoffs. The ONLY TEAM that has a chance (and a good one at that) of beating the Pistons are the San Antonio Spurs.

BTW...Someone needs to start talking more about how Parker and Billups are two of the elite PG's in the league.

bigzak25
11-25-2005, 05:34 AM
^you can have parker for billups...deal?

theMUHMEshow
11-25-2005, 12:10 PM

Personally, I would not trade Billups for any PG in the league. Not saying he is the most talented but he leads and means more to the Pistons than any other PG IMO

TwoHandJam
11-25-2005, 01:44 PM
I used to think this way too but so far this season, Parker has me second guessing myself. If he can continue to play at this level into the postseason then he will be far more valuable than Billups due to his age and the upside that goes along with it.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
11-25-2005, 01:45 PM
Until someone beats Detroit and/or SA in a seven game series, they are the favorites to meet in the Finals once again. It's that simple.

It doesn't matter who's hurt, officiating, etc.; the better team always wins in a seven game series IMO.

11-25-2005, 01:50 PM
If he can continue to play at this level into the postseason then he will be far more valuable than Billups due to his age and the upside that goes along with it.

Far more valuable? In what regards?

He may turn out to be a better player in the long run, but there is no way he is more valuable than Billups is to the Pistons.

TwoHandJam
11-25-2005, 02:00 PM

He may turn out to be a better player in the long run, but there is no way he is more valuable than Billups is to the Pistons.
The comment I was responding to was one about trading Parker for Billups ie. I feel Parker will turn out to be more valuable to the Spurs than trading for Billups now.

I've no idea how Parker would fit in on the Pistons but he's already one of the best penentrators and finishers in the league and his outside shot is already improving with the help of a shooting coach. The Pistons could do a lot worse if they trade for him but Billups suits them quite well right now.

ambchang
11-25-2005, 02:01 PM
I used to think this way too but so far this season, Parker has me second guessing myself. If he can continue to play at this level into the postseason then he will be far more valuable than Billups due to his age and the upside that goes along with it.
I would still probably take Billups. He is a good scorer, both inside and out, his outside shot opens up the floor more than Parker could, his penetration may not be as potent as Parker and create as much havoc, but the Spurs have Ginobili to do that anyways. Billups distribute the ball better, and is a better ball-handler, also more mature.
But then again, Parker is way younger.

TwoHandJam
11-25-2005, 02:06 PM
I would still probably take Billups. He is a good scorer, both inside and out, his outside shot opens up the floor more than Parker could, his penetration may not be as potent as Parker and create as much havoc, but the Spurs have Ginobili to do that anyways. Billups distribute the ball better, and is a better ball-handler, also more mature.
But then again, Parker is way younger.
Good points. All things considered though, we have already won 2 championships with Parker so I would think that given his current improvements coupled with his ridiculously young age, he's the better overall choice. What Parker lacks in outside shooting should be compensated by vet shooters like Finley, Barry and Horry.

5ToolMan
11-25-2005, 02:20 PM

If Tony continues playing at his current level in the playoffs, his value to the Spurs would be on par with Billips at his career best. Consider that Tony is doing this at at an age were Billips was still an NBA nobody, the thought that Billips is somehow superior, is a laugh. Comparing Tony's career with Billups on an equal timeline and Tony has always offered more value ... and he always will.

11-25-2005, 03:01 PM
If Tony continues playing at his current level in the playoffs, his value to the Spurs would be on par with Billips at his career best. Consider that Tony is doing this at at an age were Billips was still an NBA nobody, the thought that Billips is somehow superior, is a laugh. Comparing Tony's career with Billups on an equal timeline and Tony has always offered more value ... and he always will.

Billups is a better all-around player than TP right now. The only things TP has on Billups right now is his first step/quickness and "potential" IMO...

When talking of value, I think it is stupid to try and say who is more valuable to their respective teams as both are important cogs...

When talking of age, equal timeline and such, do you disregard minutes, coaching, situation coming into/franchise completely?

ducks
11-25-2005, 03:19 PM
parker had fewer subpar games in the postseason then manu and duncan

mavsfan1000
11-25-2005, 03:21 PM

You mean Billups or Ben Wallace right. The pistons could just throw in Maurice Evans and they will be fine in place of Hamilton. Either you lack knowledge of basketball or you trying to piss me off.

Trainwreck2100
11-25-2005, 03:24 PM
Of the Pistons starting five Hamilton is the most expendible

Mr. Defense
11-25-2005, 04:43 PM

and then Game 7 of the Finals happened. :lmao

who stepped up in THAT game? you got no answer for that ducks.

people blow parker like he was bruce bowen in that game, but bottomline?

when the chips were down?

TD, Manu, and Bruce, with a sprinkle of Horry magic won that championship.

and in 03? Parker was nursing a runny nose while Steve Kerr's balls were hanging low...with Claxton chipping in as well.

Parker was/is expendable. As much as he's scoring now? And I'll cheer for him everytime, and greenlight every time he attacks the basket...he's no billups. he's no iverson. he's no wade. etc, etc...

Pistons FANS, what are your Chances of Re-signing Ben Wallace.

I know he is priority Number 1. Thanks in advance.

ducks
11-25-2005, 04:55 PM
game 7 tp had a hell of a game against pistons
what game 7 were you watching

how many points did billips score in game 7 in fourth

Mr. Defense
11-25-2005, 05:03 PM
i'm gonna watch the dvd right now...i'll admit i'm wrong if i am. promise. :tu

Marklar MM
11-25-2005, 05:45 PM
Pistons FANS, what are your Chances of Re-signing Ben Wallace.

I know he is priority Number 1. Thanks in advance.

Pretty good actually. He has stated that he wants to remain in Detroit.

Nikos
11-25-2005, 05:47 PM

:lol

Mr. Defense
11-25-2005, 05:49 PM
1st commercial...

so far, it's the Manu Ginobili show...with a bit of TD.

parker, on rip. he's too small for billups.

okay, game on...

bruce is in....

61-59 Spurs...parker out.

Horry for 3!!!!

Bruce on Billups.

fuckin Sheed.

Barry as pointguard...good move Pop!

barry on rip.

GREAT BLOCK NAZ!!!

resign this guy...:lol

Parker back in...good D on rip.

TD to BRUCE for 3!!!...automatic muthafukkas...

6:09 to go...67-61 Spurs...

steal by horry!

damn that sheed...

parker open shot just inside the arc! barely draws rim...:depressed

rebound spurs...

timeout spurs.

Good D Horry!

Manu, drive and dish!!! TD OPEN, soup...got him coach.

good drive by billups, past bruce, on td and parker...

69-65

3:10 to go...

TD in the post...pass to Manu...soup, 3pt shot...GOOD.

72-65.

Where the fuck is Tony Parker?

I mean, where are his penetrations?

Oh yeah, Good teams are gonna take that away from weak players...

Funny, Manu already has as dunk, i've seen him fight for a rebound, he has a drive and dish, a 3 pointer....

is TP in lala land with Eva?

sheed misses...Manu with the board...

Wallace fouls Manu.

Pistons looking sad on the bench...72-65. 2:19 left...

Spurs miss...billups drives...he gets fouled. goes down hard...that's 5 on bruce.

Billups clutch, hits the 1st.

Prince sits down...

Billups chokes the 2nd...

6pt game...

duncan miss...wallace boards...

tp on rip hamilton...gets past tony, but runs into horry...it's a Charge!!! Good Defense ROBERT HORRY...

barry in, bowen out...

timeout.

1:31, 72-66.

There's the valvoline guy behind hubie and al michaels...:lmao

ahh the memories...

alright, ball up...

brent, tp, horry, td, manu.

turnover...fuck.

barry on billups...

billups scores...makes it a 4 pt game...

rip on tony....

pass to td...foul on sheed...manu woulda had the board anyway...Manu is the Man. :tu

TD, swish...oh yeah....73-68

fuck...:pctoss....but 5-6 ft for the game is awesome for TD.

alright timeout 4 detwoit basketball...

1:01 left....73-68.

Billups...BLOCKED BY BOWEN...:elephant

MANU WITH THE DRIVE!!! THE LAYUP!!! OH FUCKIN YEAH!!!!

wALLACE FOR 3...shit...:lol Assist by Chauncey Billups for those keeping score at home...

but dayum, what great play by #12 on the block.

Manu at the line...playing with his hair...:pctoss

soup. 76-71. 22.1 left.

soup. 77-71.

timeout detwoit basketball!!!

their FINAL one...

larry is already thinking bout the knicks...

Good to see SBC rockin.

We will, we will, ROCK YOU!

sheed misses the 3.

Spurs ball.

Billups is pissed...hard to tell...either off of td or wallace's foot...same damn shoes almost...

Horry makes a couple shots....

Tony Parker on Rip.

Rip STRAIGHT TO THE BASKET FOR THE LAYUP, AND 1.

Makes the free throw...

79-74. Manu wideopen...but chooses to dribble more time off the clock.

Wow. How SMART.

Soup. Freethrow good by Manu.

80-74.

Soup. 81-74.

It's OVER. SAN ANTONIO SPURS, WORLD CHAMPIONS, 2005.

CUE THE QUEEN MUSIC. :music

'WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS, MY FRIEND....AND WE'LL...KEEP ON FIGHTING TIL THE END.....CUZ WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS...WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS...NO TIME FOR LOSERS...CUZ WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS....OF THE WORLD!!!"

Ducks. Case Closed. Tony is a regular season Superstar. And a Finals Flop.

UNTIL he proves otherwise...

He's along for the TD, Manu, Bruce, and Horry ride...

at least Chauncey would help lead...and as 'old' as Chuancey is? He was drafted in TD's class and is in phenomenal shape...so save it...

and add the CHANCE, ever so slight, to lure Ben away from the pistons?

I'd trade TP, RAsho, Beno and Finely or any combo thereof, today for Billups. I know salaries fuck everything up, but i'm talking talent wise only.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Marklar MM
11-25-2005, 05:52 PM
I am still pissed that Larry Brown decided to put Tayshaun Prince and Ben Wallace to guard Horry and Duncan. Tayshaun gives up so much size to them. Brown decides not to use a big body such as Darko or Elden. DOOP.

ducks
11-25-2005, 06:03 PM
:lol

duncan struggled against the pistons

manu had subpar games against pistons also

I know it might not be popular but tp is really making a cause for being the second option not manu

ducks
11-25-2005, 06:08 PM
yeah since pop with manu and duncan in that 4 quarter makes tp a failer in the postseason

ducks
11-25-2005, 06:09 PM
some people need to get over jason fucking kidd
KIDD SAID HELL NO TO SA

Nikos
11-25-2005, 06:09 PM

I know it might not be popular but tp is really making a cause for being the second option not manu

What does TP being the #1 option so far this season and possibly the second option to Duncan by seasons end, have to do with the 2005 NBA PLAYOFFS? Ohh! I know!!! Nothing.

Mr. Defense
11-25-2005, 06:16 PM

ducks, are you sure you don't own a blue dress with the number 9 on it? :lmao

"when stuggle, pop makes td and manu, cuz tp is a n allstar."

sincerely, ducks

ducks
11-25-2005, 07:30 PM
What does TP being the #1 option so far this season and possibly the second option to Duncan by seasons end, have to do with the 2005 NBA PLAYOFFS? Ohh! I know!!! Nothing.

yeah because if it is working in the regular season pop will not ever go to it
:rolleyes :rolleyes

pop is using the regualar season to see what works and does not
but I guess you have not figured that out yet

ducks
11-25-2005, 07:31 PM
ducks, are you sure you don't own a blue dress with the number 9 on it? :lmao

"when stuggle, pop makes td and manu, cuz tp is a n allstar."

sincerely, ducks
\

I think you need to stuck sucking duncan's and manu's balls. duncan was the mvp in the playoffs but duncan had supbar games but that is what happens when you go against pistons big men. to say duncan did not struggle in the playoffs is horseshit

milkyway21
11-25-2005, 08:07 PM
I am still pissed that Larry Brown decided to put Tayshaun Prince and Ben Wallace to guard Horry and Duncan. Tayshaun gives up so much size to them. Brown decides not to use a big body such as Darko or Elden. DOOP.
:tu

Rasheed shld have been more on the offensive end than concentrate on defending Tim Duncan. You already have Big Ben on low post, and Prince on the wings to do that.
Game 7 of the finals, when Rasheed was in foul trouble that was when Duncan started the run and erased an 8pt deficit then they didn't look back again. Later you can see Rasheed sitting on the bench singing(?), instead of contributing on the floor. Such a waste for a PF who can easily make shots both from inside & out.

bigzak25
11-26-2005, 11:48 PM
\

I think you need to stuck sucking duncan's and manu's balls. duncan was the mvp in the playoffs but duncan had supbar games but that is what happens when you go against pistons big men. to say duncan did not struggle in the playoffs is horseshit

go ahead and find where i said duncan did not struggle in the playoffs...i'll wait patiently...:lmao

and that was a great 10 points by your savior....and NO, i'm not gonna count that last second 3pt bullshit....it's easy to make shots when there's NO PRESSURE.

Look Duckman, i'm a Tony Parker Fan...but I'm a Spursfan above all.

I'll call it like i see it. :tu

Nikos
11-26-2005, 11:51 PM
yeah because if it is working in the regular season pop will not ever go to it
:rolleyes :rolleyes

pop is using the regualar season to see what works and does not
but I guess you have not figured that out yet

This season has nothing to do with the 2005 NBA playoffs. Parker didn't play near his potential in the 2005 NBA playoffs.

5ToolMan
11-27-2005, 09:41 PM
\

Duncan had little mobility against the Pistons in last years finals. In the other games he has faced the current Pistons interior Tim has averaged 15Pts, 15.5Rbs, 3.5Ast, 2.5Blk while playing only 37.5 minutes, in TWO SPURS WINS.

Against the Pistons, I will take my PF "struggling" to out score and out rebound any Piston interior player, any day. LOL!

bigzak25
11-27-2005, 10:21 PM
^check that, cuz TD outscored and outrebounded Both Wallace Bros. in a couple games
if i remember correctly. :lol

TD WAS the whole INTERIOR vs Detroit. Naz and Horry with some props for helping out.

Rasho? Was he even on the roster? :lol

FreshPrince22
11-28-2005, 03:36 AM
:tu

Rasheed shld have been more on the offensive end than concentrate on defending Tim Duncan. You already have Big Ben on low post, and Prince on the wings to do that.
Game 7 of the finals, when Rasheed was in foul trouble that was when Duncan started the run and erased an 8pt deficit then they didn't look back again. Later you can see Rasheed sitting on the bench singing(?), instead of contributing on the floor. Such a waste for a PF who can easily make shots both from inside & out.

Yea, Larry Brown is a full blown moron. It was the end of the third, and Sheed/McDyess both had 4 fouls each. At that point in the game, you leave McDyess in and chance it. At worst, he picks up 2 fouls and you go to Sheed, but I'd rather have them foul out and use them than let those fouls rot untill the end of time. What happend? Oh yea, Dice didn't pick up another foul the entire game, and Sheed got his 5th when we were fouling to try to get back in the game at the end. So we left 3 fouls sitting there while we let Duncan get you guys back into the game. I will never forgive Larry Brown for that. He pulled the same crap in the Miami series that cost us the 2nd game. This one, unfortunately, cost us the title. :bang :cuss
________
JuicySquirty (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/JuicySquirty)