PDA

View Full Version : Dirk Calls Tim Duncan the Toughest Player He Ever Faced and the “Best Power Forward Ever”

BatManu20
10-30-2021, 10:35 AM
Dirk keeping it real. From one legend to another.

“Tim Duncan was the best power forward ever”: Dirk Nowitzki

NBA Champ Dirk Nowitzki was named in the NBA’s 75 Greatest list which was released recently. The German superstar was also named as one of the ambassadors for the league’s milestone season. And recently, Dirk took part in a Twitter Spaces and spoke about many topics.
In a wide-ranging discussion, the 43-year-old named Tim Duncan as the toughest player he’s ever faced while dishing out some huge compliments (https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/mavericks/2021/10/23/mavs-legend-dirk-nowitzki-says-luka-doncic-is-the-full-package-among-the-nbas-best-players/) to the Spurs legend.

“To my mind, always comes Tim Duncan on my position. Before he slid over to center, he was really a power forward. He was the best power forward ever. He was so skilled… He’s a great rebounder, great defender, was really low key and I don’t think he gets talked about enough because he’s such a low-key guy and never loved the limelight. But between those lines he was so tough, he was so good and there was no way you could stop him on the blocks… We had some great battles with San Antonio over the years. We had a little rivalry going there for a lot of years. And just to compete against him and see his greatness up close in the playoffs almost every year made me obviously appreciate him so much.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thesportsrush.com/nba-news-tim-duncan-was-so-skilled-and-doesnt-get-talked-about-enough-dirk-nowitzki-snubs-kobe-bryant-to-name-the-spurs-legend-as-the-toughest-player-hes-ever-played/%3famp

SpurPadre
10-30-2021, 11:09 AM
Class unlike Robert Horry who once again recently bashed the Spurs a few days ago, this time because the team never got in trouble in the locker!

Fireball
10-30-2021, 12:02 PM
i love Dirk but i also remember him saying similar things about Garnett when both were still playing. of course now Dirk had enough time to think about it and came to his senses …

slick'81
10-30-2021, 12:05 PM
Dirk knows Whats up

Uriel
10-30-2021, 12:10 PM
He's right.

MultiTroll
10-30-2021, 12:54 PM
i love Dirk but i also remember him saying similar things about Garnett when both were still playing. of course now Dirk had enough time to think about it and came to his senses …
He also thoroughly sucked Komes cock and insultingly called him the best player of his era.
Over Duncan.

DMC
10-30-2021, 07:55 PM
Not everyone who ever played for the Spurs should be worshipping them. It's ok if people say bad shit about them, if that's how they feel.

spurraider21
10-30-2021, 09:05 PM
other than that OT in one game 7 where DeSagana Diop defended Timmy well, playoff Duncan was always feasting against the Mavs

Mr. Body
10-30-2021, 09:30 PM
Class unlike Robert Horry who once again recently bashed the Spurs a few days ago, this time because the team never got in trouble in the locker!

There's a reason Horry has never shown up as a coach. He was a competitive player, but doesn't really understand the whole game very much.

SpurPadre
10-30-2021, 09:34 PM
There's a reason Horry has never shown up as a coach. He was a competitive player, but doesn't really understand the whole game very much.

Agreed.

gambit1990
10-30-2021, 09:36 PM
a dirk / duncan frontline would've been absolutely insane. would've been the best nba duo ever, forever.

Thomas82
10-30-2021, 09:40 PM
other than that OT in one game 7 where DeSagana Diop defended Timmy well, playoff Duncan was always feasting against the Mavs

I imagine the outcome might have been different if Tim didn't dehydrate in that game, or better yet, if he didn't have plantar fasciitis.

Texas_Ranger
10-31-2021, 12:02 AM
nice seeing other great players compliment Tim, but even if they didnt, its a known fact Tim is the best PF of all time and probably a top 5 player of all time.

wildbill2u
10-31-2021, 03:03 PM
Since Dirk brought Tim up without being prompted, I think his comments were sincere and a great compliment from one great player to another. He is on his way to being one of the former players who will always be positive about the league and its players, and as such, are always in demand as role models and ambassadors for the NBA.

DMC
10-31-2021, 07:31 PM
a dirk / duncan frontline would've been absolutely insane. would've been the best nba duo ever, forever.

I don't know about that. It's hard to beat Tim and David.

Mugen
10-31-2021, 08:29 PM
Who cares tbh :lol

Gibbz
10-31-2021, 09:46 PM
Hate the Mavs but always respected Dirk. Always carried himself with integrity and had to be tough to make it in the league before non-Americans became the norm. Of course he's gonna recognize the real.

Proxy
11-01-2021, 12:00 PM

horry is hilarious, seems like he absolutely loves trolling the fanbase

Proxy
11-01-2021, 12:03 PM
funny how spursfan can go full bipolar with players when they talk well of the franchise

Harden is going to compliment Manu soon and flip the narrative lmao. KD already did simply by talking to him for the 75 commercial

Dirks_Finale
11-02-2021, 01:02 PM

Diop did a decent job, but honestly, Tim was just gassed.

Thomas82
11-02-2021, 11:57 PM
Diop did a decent job, but honestly, Tim was just gassed.

And dehydrated.

lefty20
11-03-2021, 12:28 AM
funny how spursfan can go full bipolar with players when they talk well of the franchise

Harden is going to compliment Manu soon and flip the narrative lmao. KD already did simply by talking to him for the 75 commercial

KD flipped the narrative by carrying Pop to a Gold medal, tbh.