PDA

View Full Version : Shoening:20-sec Timeout:Barry's Humor

milkyway21
11-25-2005, 01:32 AM
forgive me for posting this but I can't help laughing at Brent Barry's humor :lmao

20-Second Timeout: Barry’s Humor
by Bill Schoening, the radio voice of the Spurs

Some players would get depressed or upset if a back injury popped up and kept them out of action for a few games. Veteran guard Brent Barry, however, has been around long enough to know that keeping a positive outlook on life not only makes things go easier for him, but also for his teammates.
Although he claims some players on the team still aren't talking to him (because of his barbs during the annual Tipoff luncheon) :rolleyes , Barry's humor is a welcome respite during what will be a long season.

During last week’s road trip, his wardrobe was severely tested since he didn't pack a sport coat for the sidelines (part of the new NBA dress code), which forced trainer Will Sevening to purchase a "community" black jacket for future road trips in case somebody needs it.

Barry wanted to change up his look a bit for the Boston game, so he wore Nazr Mohammed's coat. It had the required collar, but was about four sizes too large.

It was back to the community sport coat for the Washington game, with a change in the look, thanks to a cashmere turtleneck that belongs to Beno Udrih. Barry says he liked the sweater, but claims that it smelled like European cigarettes. Beno, of course, doesn't smoke.

Let's hope Barry is back on the floor for the Spurs soon…his teammates are running out of clothes he can borrow.

gospursgojas
11-25-2005, 01:49 AM
:lol Barry is one funny guy who doesn't sweat the small stuff... I wish we had a pic of him in Nazr's sportscoat

milkyway21
11-25-2005, 01:58 AM
how come Beno's sweatshirt smell like European cigarettes?

he arrived before the start of the euro finals, didn't he? I mean he didn't wash that sweatshirt since then? :lmao

TDMVPDPOY
11-25-2005, 02:18 AM
Dont tell me beno picked up that shirt from the local salvation army bin?

milkyway21
11-25-2005, 02:39 AM
Dont tell me beno picked up that shirt from the local salvation army bin?

:lmao
i copied this one photo from that article
i don't know whose coat he's wearing this time.

http://www.nba.com/media/spurs/barry_140_051115.jpg

what do you think, GQ would approve? :D

anybody can tell me about that luncheon tip-off barbs of Brent? i missed that one.

angel_luv
11-25-2005, 03:26 PM
I remember reading this. Good stuff!