PDA

View Full Version : Bucks C Bogut undergoes surgery on nose, to wear face shield

ducks
11-25-2005, 09:10 AM
Bucks C Bogut undergoes surgery on nose, to wear face shield
November 24, 2005

MILWAUKEE (TICKER) -- Center Andrew Bogut's broken nose will force him to wear an extra piece of equipment but is not expected to cost him any time on the court.

Bogut is listed as day-to-day after undergoing surgery on his nose Thursday, one day after having it broken in the third quarter of a 108-97 victory over Philadelphia.

The 21-year-old Bogut, whose surgery was performed by Dr. Thomas Kinney at the Aurora Sinai Medical Center, will be required to wear a protective face shield for at least six weeks.

ADVERTISEMENT
[-78161]
The first overall pick of last June's draft, the 7-foot Bogut returned in the fourth quarter wearing a protective shield and finished with nine points.

The consensus National Player of the Year after averaging 20.4 points and 12.2 rebounds as a sophomore at Utah in 2004-05, Bogut has averaged 7.7 points and 8.2 rebounds in his first 10 games in the NBA.

Bloodline666
11-25-2005, 06:49 PM
You know, I'm reminded of a quote from TNT's resident Manu fan, the Round Mound of Rebound, so here it is:

In the old days, you didn't take two days off for a hangnail or a yeast infection like they do these days. I can't believe a guy would sit out of a game for a broken nose. I played with a broken nose. I strapped one of those head gears on, couldn't see side-to-side, so I took it off like a man and played. I saw Larry Bird do it too. You can't sit out with a broken nose. You don't need your nose to play basketball.

ObiwanGinobili
11-25-2005, 07:42 PM
:lmao @ Charles! tru dat!

poor Bogut tho--- getting a crappy shit injury liek that early in the rookie year. theres gonna be a loss of momentum on this one.

Supreme Allah
11-27-2005, 12:28 AM
Boguts playing

Dre_7
11-27-2005, 12:47 AM
Props to Bogut.
Broke his nose, went out, put on a mask, and came right back in the game.

cecil collins
11-28-2005, 01:03 PM
Face shields should be mandatory in the NBA. Better yet helmets. Not really, but you do see more and more players with them, even on the college level.

Dre_7
11-28-2005, 02:46 PM
what's bogut's salary average out per game?

break my nose and i'll go out and play mask or no mask

Thing is, he would still get paid, as would you if you were in his position. So would you really play??

ALVAREZ6
11-28-2005, 06:15 PM
http://www.coldmilk.org/artestcup.gif
Nice ass sig!