PDA

View Full Version : The Planned GOP 06 Election Withdrawal From Iraq

Nbadan
11-25-2005, 05:32 PM
Growing political and public aversion to the war in Iraq is forcing the President’s hand

PRESIDENT BUSH is planning a major pullout of US troops from Iraq amid rising opposition to the war on Capitol Hill and across America.

After a fortnight in which the political debate has rapidly moved from how to fight the war to how best to get out of Iraq, the White House is looking at reducing troop levels by at least 60,000 next year.

Confirming the worst fears of the war’s conservative supporters, who argue that more troops are needed to defeat the insurgency, senior military officials made clear yesterday that the Bush Administration’s goal is to cut troop levels from 160,000 to below 100,000 by the end of 2006.

Condoleezza Rice, the Secretary of State, far from denying the withdrawal plan first reported in The Washington Post, said that a gradual pullout of troops could begin “fairly soon”, and that the number of coalition troops is “clearly going to come down”.

Times Online (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,7374-1887806,00.html)

Already the Vietnamization of the politics of withdrawal have begun in Iraq as the administration distances itself from the Iraq government. Nixon did the same thing distancing the U.S. from the South Vietnam before a complete withdrawal 5 years later. Saigon fell 2 years later.

exstatic
11-25-2005, 06:13 PM
PRESIDENT BUSH is planning a major pullout of US troops from Iraq amid rising opposition to the war on Capitol Hill and across America.

Fucking cowards. Don't they want to "stay the course". :rolleyes

Dos
11-25-2005, 06:25 PM
so now the left is getting there wet dream of troop reductions... and they are bitching about it... can you say multiple personality disorder....

ChumpDumper
11-25-2005, 06:28 PM
I said once we were there we'd have to stay there for many years to get the job done completely. Now we get to see how serious everyone is about their respective stated convictions

exstatic
11-25-2005, 06:36 PM
Now we get to see how serious everyone is about their respective stated convictions

EXACTLY. The GOP has been excoriating people for proposing this. Now, they decide to do just what people have been proposing: begin removing troops.

boutons
11-25-2005, 07:08 PM
The Repugs will pull out, more or less, and then slime and blame the American people for the ensuing disaster.

"It's not our (Repugs') fault, we trusted the American people"

(same tactic/argument as "believing" very doubtful WMD intelligence from CIA/NSA).

Vashner
11-25-2005, 08:42 PM
You guys are out of your peanut sized minds..

The theater commanders will decide when the troops come home. Period.

Only 3 democrats voted to come home now... you got your ass whiped like the way
the Spurs beat down the Warriors the other day..

You guys don't want a military victory and homecoming, well too bad it's gonna happen.

There is a fresh UN troop authorization right now for the multinational force. It comes from input from Iraq, allied and UN staff.

What do you guys need to get your rocks off fuckers? A loss or something bad..
Fucking pitifull.

exstatic
11-25-2005, 10:57 PM

Boy, are you an ingorant fucker. The title of Commander in Chief is not honorary. The President commands the troops, Congress funds them, and the Generals do what the fuck they're TOLD.

There are only two options for a good outcome: flood Iraq with troops or GTFO.

This piecemeal drawback is going to be like peeling a scab: painful and slow.

ChumpDumper
11-26-2005, 10:11 AM
Here's another factor:

Iraqi Factions Seek Timetable for U.S. Pullout
Amr Nabil/Associated Press

By HASSAN M. FATTAH
Published: November 22, 2005

CAIRO, Nov. 21 - For the first time, Iraq's political factions on Monday collectively called for a timetable for withdrawal of foreign forces, in a moment of consensus that comes as the Bush administration battles pressure at home to commit itself to a pullout schedule.

The announcement, made at the conclusion of a reconciliation conference here backed by the Arab League, was a public reaching out by Shiites, who now dominate Iraq's government, to Sunni Arabs on the eve of parliamentary elections that have been put on shaky ground by weeks of sectarian violence.

About 100 Sunni, Shiite and Kurdish leaders, many of whom will run in the election on Dec. 15, signed a closing memorandum on Monday that "demands a withdrawal of foreign troops on a specified timetable, dependent on an immediate national program for rebuilding the security forces," the statement said....

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/11/22/international/middleeast/22arab.html

Well, at least the Sunnis and Shiites found something on which they could agree. The quote at the end seems pretty reasonable. It would be nice to have some tangible goals for the rebuilding and transition.

TheMrPeanut
11-26-2005, 10:17 AM
You guys are out of your peanut sized minds..

Only 3 democrats voted to come home now... you got your ass whiped like the way
the Spurs beat down the Warriors the other day..

You guys don't want a military victory and homecoming, well too bad it's gonna happen.

There is a fresh UN troop authorization right now for the multinational force. It comes from input from Iraq, allied and UN staff.

What do you guys need to get your rocks off fuckers? A loss or something bad..
Fucking pitifull.

Damn, sounds like you just busted a nut!

spurster
11-26-2005, 11:31 AM
I think another factor is Iran. If Iran stays on it course to build nuclear weapons, the US will have little choice but to bomb them, and the Shiites in Iraq will turn on any US troops in Iraq.

Triumph
11-27-2005, 03:35 AM
you libs kill me with your as the wind blows hatred.

you fucking cowards. :lmao

your takes aren't even worthy of me to poop on. :lol

George W. Bush
11-27-2005, 03:43 AM
I'd like to see how you bozos could run the country with your heads so far up your asses as they are.

Why don't I just send Osama a fucking email of our Troop Withdrawal Plans? :lol

Your on a need to know basis.
And quite frankly, you don't need to know shit right now. :tu

Nbadan
11-27-2005, 05:17 AM
Time is GMT + 8 hours
Posted: 27 November 2005 1410 hrs
White House claims 'strong consensus' on Iraq pullout

WASHINGTON : The White House has for the first time claimed ownership of an Iraq withdrawal plan, arguing that a troop pullout blueprint unveiled this past week by a Democratic senator was "remarkably similar" to its own.

It also signalled its acceptance of a recent US Senate amendment designed to pave the way for a phased US military withdrawal from the violence-torn country.

The statement by White House spokesman Scott McClellan came in response to a commentary published in The Washington Post by Joseph Biden, the top Democrat of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, in which he said US forces will begin leaving Iraq next year "in large numbers."

According to Biden, the United States will move about 50,000 servicemen out of the country by the end of 2006, and "a significant number" of the remaining 100,000 the year after.
(snip/...)

Channel News Asia (http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/afp_world/view/180688/1/.html)

Vashner
11-27-2005, 07:50 AM
Pathetic attempt at left spin. Any withdrawl will come from the Pentagon. Not from your left wing bullshit. The good guys are the ones doing the work here btw.

With leftist assholes dragging feet and crying to pull out the whole time. Don't try to spin this. The troops will come home as Iraqi's stand up. And it's the coalition that has been training the Iraqi police, national guard etc. All while trying to fight constant barrage of bad comments from people like NBADan and Boutons.

So don't try to claim any of this victory...... your spin just got fucking owned.
http://home.satx.rr.com/krograth/images/fuckantiwarpeople01.jpg

GoldToe
11-27-2005, 08:02 AM
There must be many right-wing cowards out there too since quite a few republicans are requesting an exit strategy themselves.

What a bunch of right-wing assholes.

Vashner
11-27-2005, 08:16 AM
Asking for an update on the status of the war is not the same as Murtha saying we are done there. Nice try to spin again but it fucking failed.

JohnnyMarzetti
11-27-2005, 09:05 AM
You are so blinded by your partisan outlook it is ridiculous.

Won't that just embolden the terrorists if they know we have a timetable?
Didn't Bush say that in a speech just a few days ago??
Now I read that they have announced a pullout of 50,000 troops next year. Won't they just wait until we are gone and do their thing?
Does their left hand know what their right hand is doing?

Murtha and 34% polls is all the answer that you need.

True. It's so they can deny the fact that they're following the advice of the anti-war people or the polls.

"You know, if I tried to fine tune my messages based upon polls I think I'd be pretty ineffective. I know I would be disappointed in myself." - G.W. Bush

Opinionater
11-27-2005, 09:53 AM
IMHO, he is taking a big chance on this because most people will realize it's just a political ploy.
Then if things really start falling apart in Iraq after our pull-out how is he going to spin it?

boutons
11-27-2005, 11:05 AM
"it's just a political ploy"

yep, Repugs, the faux bad-asses caving into horrendous polls, making pullout noises this week trying to take the wind out of the current gusts of the anti-war/y'all-lied storm. Not an absolute schedule, plenty of contigencies, like "pullout if the Iraqis can handle first-line security/insurgency".

But since even 150K US military can't control security and insurgency after 2+ years, the Iraqis certainly won't be able to in the next 6 months.

And, "There he goes again" yesterday with dubya's much-ridiculed ill-logic of "I must continue wasting US lives to honor the 2000+ military lives I've already wasted".