PDA

View Full Version : Game Grades - TIMVP?

tmtcsc
11-05-2021, 01:19 PM
Did TIMVP stop doing his game grades because of a bunch of unappreciative ingrates in here? If so, that sucks. I didn't always agree but I appreciated his opinion and the time it took to do them.

Dex
11-05-2021, 01:36 PM
Maybe timvp has other things going on in his life, and doesn’t have time to sit and watch and write articles 4 times a week just for a bunch of shitheads to come around and complain that he doesn’t give Forbes and Pop an F for every single game.

Maybe more people should appreciate that he was doing that for the betterment of the site and giving up his time out of the kindness of his heart.

Not speaking to you OP, just to the people who felt the need to take a dump on the very well thought out write-ups he has put together and acting like they know better than a guy who has been a Spurs insider for more than two decades.

Seventyniner
11-05-2021, 01:54 PM
If game grades are so important, there's nothing stopping you from making your own.

stnick2261
11-05-2021, 02:01 PM
I am very appreciative of game grades. I have 4 little kids. I don't have time to sit and watch any games like I used to. The write ups were always great to help me follow how each player is progressing (as well as the team in general).

I always assumed TIMVP always did the grades, though, to add content to his website that has advertising now. I also haven't seen ANY posts from him, so I wonder if there is a personal reason that's keeping him away from the site.

exstatic
11-05-2021, 02:05 PM
Mulititroll fucked it all up.

SpurSpike
11-05-2021, 02:09 PM
I watch all the games but i still like reading the grades from someone who knows the intricacies of basketball more than myself. Hope they return or at least something like a monthly summary would be cool.

Chinook
11-05-2021, 02:40 PM
If game grades are so important, there's nothing stopping you from making your own.

Yeah, that one year we all did it in rotation was fun. Were you the poster that started aggregating and charting our grades? I know someone would make threads tracking the progress of the players over the year.

I also think doing the grades ourselves gave us a better appreciation for how much work it is to do them if you put in even a little effort. I certainly don't blame LJ if he doesn't have time or rather doesn't want to spare the time. It would be nice to know if that's the case so we dust off the communal method though.

playblair
11-05-2021, 02:52 PM
he is currently battling covid he will be back

MultiTroll
11-05-2021, 04:48 PM
Who complained about his doing the Grades?

Post it, don't just fabricate.

Ed Helicopter Jones
11-05-2021, 05:04 PM
Maybe timvp has other things going on in his life, and doesn’t have time to sit and watch and write articles 4 times a week just for a bunch of shitheads to come around and complain that he doesn’t give Forbes and Pop an F for every single game.

Maybe more people should appreciate that he was doing that for the betterment of the site and giving up his time out of the kindness of his heart.

Not speaking to you OP, just to the people who felt the need to take a dump on the very well thought out write-ups he has put together and acting like they know better than a guy who has been a Spurs insider for more than two decades.

Well put.

Can’t blame Timvp for wanting a break from that.

Game grades are pretty hard to write. Of course the same people critical of Timvp’s write ups are the ones who think they could run an NBA team better than the guys paid to do it. In other words, idiots.

poopbox
11-05-2021, 05:35 PM
Spurs so bad they finally broke TIMVP :cry

RC_Drunkford
11-05-2021, 05:41 PM
Just give Pop an F for the rest of the season

Robz4000
11-05-2021, 05:59 PM
Yeah, that one year we all did it in rotation was fun. Were you the poster that started aggregating and charting our grades? I know someone would make threads tracking the progress of the players over the year.

I also think doing the grades ourselves gave us a better appreciation for how much work it is to do them if you put in even a little effort. I certainly don't blame LJ if he doesn't have time or rather doesn't want to spare the time. It would be nice to know if that's the case so we dust off the communal method though.

I'm down to do that again tbh.

Dex
11-05-2021, 06:13 PM
I'm down to do that again tbh.

Same. Don't want to steal timvp's thunder but we can go back to committee if needed.

Chinook
11-05-2021, 06:33 PM
Yeah, it was cool, because there were guys who were "edgy" enough to get pinked who still contributed good grades. It's one of those things that makes you focus and not troll when you try to fill LJ's shoes. I'd think we'd get a pretty wide selection of posters from all over the sniff/edge spectrum. People should feel welcome to make grade threads whenever they want, but I'll probably wait a couple of weeks before I start poking around at it.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
11-05-2021, 07:24 PM
bend over and i'll poke around at it

John B
11-05-2021, 09:29 PM
I’d love and would appreciate to read anyone’s grades. I don’t think I’d be unbiased enough though to grade, especially Forbes :lol

Robz4000
11-05-2021, 10:10 PM
Got nothing else going on tonight so I'll do some grades.

jeebus
11-05-2021, 10:20 PM
It still hurts.

slick'81
11-05-2021, 10:28 PM
Maybe someone else should step up

Ed Helicopter Jones
11-06-2021, 06:05 AM
bend over and i'll poke around at it

:lol

superbigtime
11-06-2021, 07:56 AM
Please bring the grades back

wildbill2u
11-06-2021, 10:25 AM
If TIMMVP has covid and it is taking him this long to get back, we should all be sending him our prayers and good thoughts. I had it and had some long term after effects that made it difficult to function. It affects people differently and he may be having some problems. Hurry back LJ. Screw the grades if you don't feel up to it for a while. Just come back with a comment or two. You'll feel better and so will we, knowing the leader of ST is around.