PDA

View Full Version : Coach Pop Highest Paid Coach in the L

KingKev
11-17-2021, 04:50 PM
https://twitter.com/hoopshype/status/1461077687162884102

Dolla dolla bills ya'll. Pop being paid to lose. Meanwhile DRob, TP, Manu and TD all took money off the table to win!

Dex
11-17-2021, 05:03 PM
Coach Pop...most championships out of active coaches in the league by far

Coach Pop...longest tenured in the league by far

Coach Pop....on the doorstep of most regular season wins in NBA history, and already owns the record for regular season+playoff wins....

Yeah, really weird that a guy with that kind of history and pedigree would make so much money. Newsflash: the coach's salary doesn't go towards the salary cap, so who gives a fuck how much money Pop makes?

Meanwhile, SpursTalk trolls: POP PLAYS FORBES OVER PRIMO! HE'S AN IDIOT AND NEEDS TO BE FIRED :rolleyes

KingKev
11-17-2021, 05:10 PM

Coach Pop....on the doorstep of most regular season wins in NBA history, and already owns the record for regular season+playoff wins....

Yeah, really weird that a guy with that kind of history and pedigree would make so much money. Newsflash: the coach's salary doesn't go towards the salary cap, so who gives a fuck how much money Pop makes?

Meanwhile, SpursTalk trolls: POP PLAYS FORBES OVER PRIMO! HE'S AN IDIOT AND NEEDS TO BE FIRED :rolleyes

I was half being facetious. He earned it. There is still some irony. I wonder who Pop's agent is?

Stump
11-17-2021, 06:37 PM
I was half being facetious. He earned it. There is still some irony. I wonder who Pop's agent is?
Does Pop have an agent? I recall Duncan didn't have one for the later part of his career and just used a lawyer to handle certain things. I figured Pop had a similar arrangement.

poopbox
11-17-2021, 07:13 PM
He's also the president of basketball operations so...

KingKev
11-17-2021, 07:24 PM
Does Pop have an agent? I recall Duncan didn't have one for the later part of his career and just used a lawyer to handle certain things. I figured Pop had a similar arrangement.

I suspect NO. Pop earned the right to work via handshakes with this organization.

MultiTroll
11-17-2021, 07:26 PM
:lol Rack it.

MultiTroll
11-17-2021, 07:28 PM
https://cdn1-www-forums.sherdog.com/data/avatars/l/501/501127.jpg?1474206007

Allan Rowe vs Wade
11-17-2021, 08:17 PM
:pop: Enjoy the tank :bobo

Dex
11-17-2021, 08:23 PM

https://media4.giphy.com/media/l2Je0H39CPLlG4UkE/giphy.gif

BacktoBasics
11-17-2021, 08:30 PM
OP’s vagina is so hairy it’s literally a gate keeper to orgasms. So there’s nothing left to do but redirect that rage into stupidity for all to read.

MultiTroll
11-17-2021, 09:12 PM
I do whatever Pop tells me to do. Right now I'm fetching Pop his drinks.
I'm a fetcher.
https://s.yimg.com/ny/api/res/1.2/MAA41jFyADZZvDVUqZI3aA--/YXBwaWQ9aGlnaGxhbmRlcjt3PTcwNTtoPTM1MztjZj13ZWJw/https://s.yimg.com/uu/api/res/1.2/uA0D7illtDRg_bi62DNfKw--~B/aD0xMDAwO3c9MjAwMDthcHBpZD15dGFjaHlvbg--/https://media.zenfs.com/en/insider_articles_922/35fc899d4f5dd59f6a7ab999d13b4b14

KingKev
11-17-2021, 11:10 PM
OP’s vagina is so hairy it’s literally a gate keeper to orgasms. So there’s nothing left to do but redirect that rage into stupidity for all to read.

haha i’m totally trolling. I see both sides of the argument. Slow year for real conversation and I’m tired of defending the fact that DJ Murray is pretty damn good. You’ll always be my fave life coach/internet psych though! If you had access to a script I might consider paying you to coach!

KingKev
11-17-2021, 11:34 PM
My actual view is quite polarized however… Pop earned that payday for years prior but he really did ask those 4 to take money off the table to win throughout their career so in return he gets paid for a shared legacy? Pop has been an average coach at best in recent years. Maybe his forward thinking politics, world views and tenacity to speak out earned him this pay day which also maybe speaks to the character and integrity of this franchise. Coaching wise and what most of us presume is high level involvement from a GM standpoint despite Brian Wright’s title… well his track record appears mixed at best.

Russ
11-17-2021, 11:34 PM
https://twitter.com/hoopshype/status/1461077687162884102

Dolla dolla bills ya'll. Pop being paid to lose. Meanwhile DRob, TP, Manu and TD all took money off the table to win!

There's no salary cap for coaches -- i.e., Pop taking less wouldn't help by freeing up more to spend on other contributors.

The point is nonsensical.

KingKev
11-17-2021, 11:39 PM
There's no salary cap for coaches -- i.e., Pop taking less wouldn't help by freeing up more to spend on other contributors.

The point is nonsensical.

I thoroughly understand the salary cap and the fact coaches don’t count against it. I’m pointing out the fact he has ARGUABLY been underperforming as the highest paid coach.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
11-18-2021, 08:36 AM
also spurs MO has been to ask players to take less in the middle of their careers ... and then make up for it with fatter contracts when they are older

arguably imo

Allan Rowe vs Wade
11-18-2021, 08:37 AM
don't forget pop is an OG tank commander. who else would you want to be in charge this season?

other coaches could do a worse job but would sink the franchise along with them

Mugen
11-18-2021, 09:08 AM
I'm with my man Dex on this one.

With a coach who isn't completely retarded like Pop, the Spurs are probably looking at .500 and a playoff berth later this season. The old man is worth every penny right now for coaching like he regularly would and driving this roster into the ground :lol

paperboy77
11-18-2021, 11:20 AM

Well yeah. He’s not useful anymore.

MultiTroll
11-18-2021, 11:46 AM
I'm with my man Dex (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=403) on this one.

With a coach who isn't completely retarded like Pop, the Spurs are probably looking at .500 and a playoff berth later this season. The old man is worth every penny right now for coaching like he regularly would and driving this roster into the ground :lol
:lol Rack it.

RC_Drunkford
11-18-2021, 11:49 AM
Worst coach of the league getting paid the most money :lol

daslicer
11-18-2021, 01:32 PM
He's definitely tanking but I would say he's doing it unintentionally. He's trying to win games but his coaching is terrible that he ends up losing games.

KingKev
11-18-2021, 02:06 PM
He's definitely tanking but I would say he's doing it unintentionally. He's trying to win games but his coaching is terrible that he ends up losing games.

Well the talent is not even close to there. In my opinion he is doing a pretty good job coaching this year given the roster. The last few years his coaching was miserable however.

Mugen
11-18-2021, 03:52 PM

Exactly, that's the beauty of it :lol

Mr. Body
11-18-2021, 07:31 PM
Worst coach of the league getting paid the most money :lol

Shittiest takes in the world right here.

Chomag
11-18-2021, 07:47 PM
Sorry fellas but this team isn't going to move forward until he's gone. Maybe once Pop gets his win record he will let go but that might be another season after this one at this rate.

Until then enjoy the limbo !

ducks
11-18-2021, 10:26 PM
Shittiest takes in the world right here.

Who the fuck is worse
Hillary Rodman Clinton ?

ducks
11-18-2021, 10:28 PM

Should have the balls to fire himself
Look at what he done the last 2 years
Was his wife the one that should get the credit for the rings and wins ?

slick'81
11-18-2021, 10:28 PM
47 million in cap space:flipoff

ducks
11-18-2021, 10:30 PM
47 million in cap space:flipoff

He sucks as president of basketball
Just like Biden

MultiTroll
11-19-2021, 12:03 AM
$$$ spent per win he has got to be #1 this year.

Wonder if he is GOAT? :rollin

Sugus
11-19-2021, 12:23 AM
Exactly, that's the beauty of it :lol

It took me a while to get it, but it's obvious now that I look for it in games. The lineup in the 3rd Q against the Clippers, tonight's making KBD the C with KAT on the floor in the 4th quarter... There's no point in debating whether Pop's coaching has gotten so bad that it causes the team to tank, or whether it's been the plan all along from before the season started: the result is the same. PATFO put icing on a piece of turd with the off-season moves, and are trotting out a team that'll net them a top-5 pick, which the team needs.

It's beautiful, just like a car crash. In Pop We Trust :lol

Ef-man
11-19-2021, 12:26 AM
What triggered the midget from Yuma?

Was it because Pops earns more money than ducks gets for repairing 12 computers per day?

daslicer
11-19-2021, 12:27 AM
Well the talent is not even close to there. In my opinion he is doing a pretty good job coaching this year given the roster. The last few years his coaching was miserable however.

The roster isn't good so this team isn't expected to make the playoffs but there have been a few games the Spurs should have won but lost due to Pop's bad coaching.

Kool Bob Love
11-19-2021, 11:27 AM
Pop needs to check his white privilege.

dbestpro
11-19-2021, 11:47 AM

The third worst record is good coaching. Do you think there is such a thing as bad coaching?

dbestpro
11-19-2021, 11:49 AM
Sorry fellas but this team isn't going to move forward until he's gone. Maybe once Pop gets his win record he will let go but that might be another season after this one at this rate.

Until then enjoy the limbo !

At this rate, it might take a few years for him to get that record.

Budkin
11-22-2021, 03:58 PM

:lmao I love SpursTalk sometimes.

MultiTroll
11-22-2021, 05:32 PM
In 2019 Craig Popplevich was the 2nd worst coach as far as how much he was paid for each win.
Update: Holy Chit that was for the last 5 seasons when he still had Timmy Dunks and Prime Kawhi leading him.
I can only imagine he easily takes #1 in 2020 and 2021, unless one of the mega Tankers coaches was higher.

https://www.moneypenny.com/us/resources/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/1203fdba-0564-11ea-a409-a0369f103266.png

MultiTroll
11-22-2021, 05:34 PM
NBA Coach Salary Comparison - Moneypenny | Resources (https://www.moneypenny.com/us/resources/blog/nba-coach-salary-comparison/)

I will ask if they have a 2020, 2021 and current season brewing.

KingKev
11-22-2021, 06:00 PM
NBA Coach Salary Comparison - Moneypenny | Resources (https://www.moneypenny.com/us/resources/blog/nba-coach-salary-comparison/)

I will ask if they have a 2020, 2021 and current season brewing.

Someone tag backtobasics. His love for hairy mangina’s is no match for actual facts. I heard he ranks similarly amongst his clients as a local life coach