Proxy
11-18-2021, 10:31 PM
https://c.tenor.com/llAH2Lmv5WUAAAAM/trying-to-think-twin-peaks.gif

slick'81
11-18-2021, 10:32 PM
Lol snyone saying this was a successful off season for sa

GAustex
11-18-2021, 10:36 PM
If the goal is to lose then no don’t fire pop.

slick'81
11-18-2021, 10:38 PM
If the goal is to lose then no don’t fire pop.

the holt kids would never. Pop gets a free ride for atleast one more season if he wants

BackHome
11-18-2021, 11:02 PM
In tank I trust

Chomag
11-18-2021, 11:45 PM
Grandpa ain't giving the keys up

offset formation
11-19-2021, 09:52 AM
The thing about pop that drives me nuts is that he routinely goes back on what he says. Por ejemplo, he said in pre-season that because we didn't have a go to scorer or group that would dominate, everyone would get lots of run because nobody would play more than 30 minutes. Yet, against the Clippers, 4 of our 5 starters played 30+ with DM getting almost 40 (McBuckets played 29 and change to be accurate). Even against a T-Wolves team where we were getting our asses handed to us all night long, and on DM's worst game of the year, he still played 30, and several others were in the mid to high 20s.

Meanwhile, Jock Landale can't buy a fucking minute off the bench, prior to COVID. Primo our #12 pick has played 6 fucking minutes of pure garbage time in 11 games with the club. Tre Jones, a hopeful bench guy for years to come, who you want to see develop, is averaging 7.5 minutes. Etc.

And this isn't the first time Pop has hosed players with shitty rotations. He obviously famously said just last year how Samanic had earned more playing time then promptly sat his ass, with no minutes for 12 straight games.

I'm all about the tank. I'm a general in the tank commander unit, matter of fact. But Pop is still trying to win AND not developing his potential talent. Primo sitting in dribbling camp on a 4-11 team only playing 3 games thus far is fucking criminal shit.

Time for him to go at season's end.

slick'81
11-19-2021, 10:01 AM
The thing about pop that drives me nuts is that he routinely goes back on what he says. Por ejemplo, he said in pre-season that because we didn't have a go to scorer or group that would dominate, everyone would get lots of run because nobody would play more than 30 minutes. Yet, against the Clippers, 4 of our 5 starters played 30+ with DM getting almost 40 (McBuckets played 29 and change to be accurate). Even against a T-Wolves team where we were getting our asses handed to us all night long, and on DM's worst game of the year, he still played 30, and several others were in the mid to high 20s.

Meanwhile, Jock Landale can't buy a fucking minute off the bench, prior to COVID. Primo our #12 pick has played 6 fucking minutes of pure garbage time in 11 games with the club. Tre Jones, a hopeful bench guy for years to come, who you want to see develop, is averaging 7.5 minutes. Etc.

And this isn't the first time Pop has hosed players with shitty rotations. He obviously famously said just last year how Samanic had earned more playing time then promptly sat his ass, with no minutes for 12 straight games.

I'm all about the tank. I'm a general in the tank commander unit, matter of fact. But Pop is still trying to win AND not developing his potential talent. Primo sitting in dribbling camp on a 4-11 team only playing 3 games thus far is fucking criminal shit.

hes a great coach but obviously just doesn't have the horses anymore.When lma wanted out,and kawhi left the time was there to rebuild. The old man hung on trying to "win" while making awful trades ,and fa decisions. Patfo keep digging themselves a deeper and deeper hole

Texas_Ranger
11-19-2021, 10:04 AM
whoever doesnt want Pop fired is pretty stupid. And even tho I love seeing the team lose, i am also pretty sure they will fuck up the draft. So whenever Pop goes away, I hope everyone in FO goes with him.

Leetonidas
11-19-2021, 10:11 AM
Fire ducks

offset formation
11-19-2021, 10:15 AM
Fire ducks

Seconded.

BacktoBasics
11-19-2021, 10:16 AM
Fire ducks

I'd take Pop coaching until he's 102 if it meant we could get ride of that pos ducks.

GAustex
11-19-2021, 10:17 AM
Tim Duncan was great
He made Pop a great coach
Pop is not a great coach

RC_Drunkford
11-19-2021, 10:33 AM
Pop just still coaches like he‘s coaching a playoff team, cause he doesn’t know better. Experiment with line ups so everybody knows how to play with each other in the post season. Don’t play rookies at all. Etc. etc.

KobesAchilles
11-19-2021, 10:35 AM
I spoke with the President of Operation and unfortunately Ducks he does not share your same sentiments

TDomination
11-19-2021, 11:18 AM
Pop fired Bob Hill after he started the season at 3-15 or something like that.

Pop will be close to that record and should be fired as well if he does get there and have someone else finish the year just like he did.

let it come full circle for him.

i appreciate him for what he did with the big 3 but its past the time to move on. please do so.

Texas_Ranger
11-19-2021, 11:26 AM
https://twitter.com/LegionHoops/status/1461518002705231873

MultiTroll
11-19-2021, 11:38 AM
Pop just still coaches like he‘s coaching a playoff team, cause he doesn’t know better. Experiment with line ups so everybody knows how to play with each other in the post season. Don’t play rookies at all. Etc. etc.
Lets get an update on CIA Flops record without Timmy Duncan / Prime Kawhi.

dbestpro
11-19-2021, 11:41 AM
The only record Pop is gonna set this year is most losses in a Spurs season.

benefactor
11-19-2021, 11:44 AM
Fire ducks

Seventyniner
11-19-2021, 01:25 PM

Here's the devil's choice: would you rather the Spurs go 18-64, get a top 5 pick but Pop sticks around for another year to get the record, or have them finish 36-46 with the 13th pick but Pop retires?

Yeah I know the sweet spot is 26-56 (the minimum Pop needs to claim the record outright), just wondering which one you (or anyone else) would pick if you had to choose between the two.

Sugus
11-19-2021, 01:56 PM
Here's the devil's choice: would you rather the Spurs go 18-64, get a top 5 pick but Pop sticks around for another year to get the record, or have them finish 36-46 with the 13th pick but Pop retires?

Yeah I know the sweet spot is 26-56 (the minimum Pop needs to claim the record outright), just wondering which one you (or anyone else) would pick if you had to choose between the two.

Not the poster you're replying to, but it's really interesting to me how people have convinced themselves that the coaching record is the make-or-break for Pop staying or going off the team. There's no devil's choice in my eyes: he could perfectly leave after this "tanking" season, but I equally see him getting the record, and staying despite it, and being like "oh, I got the record? So what?" when a reporter asks him about it.

I'm surprised people are so binary about it when Pop has never expressed a desire for chasing this record, or any one of them. If I had to guess, I'd say this is his last season, with getting the record or not being irrelevant to that determination.

Ef-man
11-19-2021, 02:32 PM
Fire ducks

Ducks is upset that the NBA has never hired a midget computer repairman from Yuma as head coach.

offset formation
11-19-2021, 02:33 PM

It's not really about the record for me because the shitty record is gonna come if Pop were doing what needs to be done, and to which he hinted at prior to the season on minutes.

Pop started coaching in a pre-G-League era and quickly had a #1 pick under his belt whose talent was undeniable. That pick along with DRob's presence, and later picks Manu, and Tony, led this team to unparalleled successes.

Pop used get picks in the lower first round that he used to stash in the G-League, once it started, or keep them overseas to develop when we were winning 50+ games for 20 straight years. Since that dynamic has shifted and we are now drafting in the teens, soon to be higher, that same approach doesn't make sense. This team is clearly not playoff material. Yet, we aren't developing our young players in NBA action either, especially in this COVID shortened G-league season.

I just think Pop's using methods that are not fruitful, nor applicable to our team's current situation. I think he's not the guy for the new (re)direction this team now finds itself.

We need a younger guy that knows how to develop talent on the fly, and that's not player ready yet, without wasting their time in dribbling camp. Other teams that draft in our range do this all the time and have for years, and have obviously now passed our collective talent.

So to answer your question, I'd love for pop to get the wins record. Id also love to just barely get it while developing our youth, though that's not likely. He deserves the record because he's a once in a generation talent. But his generation is passing. We need a new captain.

That said, if he doesn't get it, I'm under no illusions the Holts will force him out. He's got at least through next year if he wants it. I'm just hoping he doesn't.

Chomag
11-19-2021, 02:58 PM
If G league was a thing back then Pop would most likely have sent Tony and Manu there. I believe That perspective does make you think

I agree this team is not fighting for a playoff spot and should be in complete rebuilding , preparing for the future and doing everything to move forward. Yet because they want to keep Pop around he is keeping spurs in purgatory and stuck in the middle between both. Spurs should be developing all of their young talent in the NBA right now as plain as day .

Even playoff running teams are managing to give their rookies some burn, yet we have ours sent away to get over themselves because of Pop's orders.

K...
11-19-2021, 02:59 PM
. We need a younger guy that knows how to develop talent on the fly, and that's not player ready yet, without wasting their time in dribbling camp. Other teams that draft in our range do this all the time and have for years, and have obviously now passed our collective talentH

Wtf?

Seventyniner
11-19-2021, 03:03 PM
Not the poster you're replying to, but it's really interesting to me how people have convinced themselves that the coaching record is the make-or-break for Pop staying or going off the team. There's no devil's choice in my eyes: he could perfectly leave after this "tanking" season, but I equally see him getting the record, and staying despite it, and being like "oh, I got the record? So what?" when a reporter asks him about it.

I'm surprised people are so binary about it when Pop has never expressed a desire for chasing this record, or any one of them. If I had to guess, I'd say this is his last season, with getting the record or not being irrelevant to that determination.

No worries, that's why I put the "or anyone else" in there. I thought about making this a poll.

The "devil's choice" part was to see which people thought is more important (Pop retiring after this year or a higher draft pick) if those were the only two possible options. You're right that they are not mutually exclusive. It's also possible he had wanted to quit already and his friends pushed him to claim the record, which could explain why he keeps trying to win (his way, whether or not it's even working) rather than do what most tanking teams do (tons of minutes for the youngest players, staple the vets to the bench).

DMC
11-19-2021, 05:23 PM
Pop will do fine. 20+ years of not missing the playoffs, now he has shit for talent and he's OUT!

:lol You guys should be Lakers fans, if you want yearly top picks and signings.

offset formation
11-19-2021, 10:48 PM
Pop will do fine. 20+ years of not missing the playoffs, now he has shit for talent and he's OUT!

:lol You guys should be Lakers fans, if you want yearly top picks and signings.

I know you're not referencing me because I'd be in his corner if we had the same or even worse record, provided he was actually trying to develop talent. We suck. And it was bound to happen after the Big 3 exit. Not his fault.

But you don't get good again doing what he's doing by getting Primo and Weiskamp the most minimal of NBA minutes in a COVID shortened G-League season.

HemisfairArena
11-21-2021, 12:16 AM
I love when players or coaches get exposed as the frauds they are. Popovich is easily the most overrated coach of All Time and its not even close. I remember when he back stabbed Bob Hill right when Robinson was coming back off injury. He then rode on Duncans back throughout his career and was a snake again when he benched Duncan in Miami in the Finals. He always said he would retire when Duncan did. He is a typical democrat. All lies and back stabbing and riding someone else to the finish line. Now that he has to actually coach...he cant....because he was never a good coach to begin with. He couldnt even get his team to repeat...ever...even when he had the best team(which was often). Even with the Olympic team, he was embarrassed and exposed early on until the players took over and carried him to a victory.

Brazil
11-22-2021, 04:25 AM
His wife made him not him
Since his wife died he is useless

still not dead ?
bunch of right wingers, trumpards dying a bit everywhere... hope the virus will catch up with you soon enough