PDA

View Full Version : Spurs hold players only meeting.

MultiTroll
11-23-2021, 06:20 PM
Apparently Popped found out about the meeting from the media and is not pleased per Osborn. (See Osborn replies in Tweet)

Popovich on Spurs' Players-Only Meeting: 'Just Dandy...Hope They Had a Good Talk' | Bleacher Report | Latest News, Videos and Highlights (https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10018941-popovich-on-spurs-players-only-meeting-just-dandyhope-they-had-a-good-talk)

Chinook
11-23-2021, 06:30 PM
Awkward. I don't think Pop would really have a problem with one, since he used to encourage players to figure out issues on their own. But I'm sure he's not a fan of the media attention hearing about one occurred. The Spurs played pretty well last night, so the meeting doesn't seem like it had a bad effect at least.

buttsR4rebounding
11-23-2021, 07:26 PM
Players only? So no Bryn?

dbestpro
11-23-2021, 08:01 PM
Players conducted a vote of no confidence in Pop.

lmbebo
11-23-2021, 08:02 PM
They suck. Lots of support players but no alpha... what do they expect?

tbdog
11-23-2021, 08:09 PM

I'm analysing pop little more this season. And i still think he is doing a really good job. There is some things I want to see more of.

ismael-robert
11-23-2021, 08:29 PM
Pop's response sounds like his usual sarcasm

KingKev
11-23-2021, 08:30 PM
Player’s Only featuring the Game. Great track

Free Kellz, Fire Pop

Trill Clinton
11-23-2021, 09:15 PM
They suck. Lots of support players but no alpha... what do they expect?
This. Lol at this team having a players only meeting.

MannyIsGod
11-23-2021, 09:22 PM
This. Lol at this team having a players only meeting.

I don't understand shit like this. I get that many of you are bitch ass mfers who are happy with being shit, but wouldn't you WANT your team of young guys to demand more and not settle for being shit?

GAustex
11-23-2021, 09:27 PM
Need a Deron Williams right now

Chomag
11-23-2021, 09:42 PM
Now if only 1 of them had the balls to call Pop's BS out...

Allan Rowe vs Wade
11-23-2021, 10:11 PM
Apparently Popped found out about the meeting from the media and is not pleased per Osborn. (See Osborn replies in Tweet)

Popovich on Spurs' Players-Only Meeting: 'Just Dandy...Hope They Had a Good Talk' | Bleacher Report | Latest News, Videos and Highlights (https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10018941-popovich-on-spurs-players-only-meeting-just-dandyhope-they-had-a-good-talk)

:sleep

Trill Clinton
11-23-2021, 10:28 PM
I don't understand shit like this. I get that many of you are bitch ass mfers who are happy with being shit, but wouldn't you WANT your team of young guys to demand more and not settle for being shit?

First off...calm down. It just seems dramatic that a team that is not that good would hold a players only meeting this early in the season. A Spurs win or loss doesn't affect my happiness one bit but I do like watching this current team more than the previous seasons.

KingKev
11-24-2021, 07:37 AM
I hope it was at a strip club.

slick'81
11-24-2021, 08:34 AM
Well see what difference it makes. Atleast they are communicating,and already sick of losing.

HankChinaski
11-24-2021, 09:02 AM
They were probably discussing what to do for Thanksgiving. No big deal.

Elementis
11-24-2021, 09:07 AM
I think they were scheduling Pop's farewell party and decided they'd find an earlier date if they don't ask him..

Poolboy5623
11-24-2021, 09:51 AM
What would they have bothered talking about? Usually underachieving teams have these meetings. The Spurs are right where they should be imo.

KingKev
11-24-2021, 11:44 AM
It was actually just a coffee gang meeting. Boris and Tiago were in town.

lefty
11-24-2021, 12:49 PM
- “guys, we have to play better”
- “but…we suck”

TDomination
11-24-2021, 01:34 PM
I like this.

Yeah we suck but it shows that they care and don't like losing. We don't need players who just show up for a paycheck but players who are passionate about the game and about winning.

spurs10
11-24-2021, 02:05 PM
Funny how Pop's response is interpreted as an angry one. Osborn reported he was in a good mood. He seems to be in a good mood the last year, let's see...his U.S.A. team won gold in the Olympics, Trump lost, and he's one of the most winning coaches in all team sports.

KingKev
11-24-2021, 02:16 PM
Funny how Pop's response is interpreted as an angry one. Osborn reported he was in a good mood. He seems to be in a good mood the last year, let's see...his U.S.A. team won gold in the Olympics, Trump lost, and he's one of the most winning coaches in all team sports.

Also highest paid coach in the NBA with zero accountability.

stnick2261
11-24-2021, 02:28 PM
This one time, in high school, the assistant coaches tried hosting a "player's only" meeting. It was basically just everyone except the head coach. What they wanted to talk about was that it was the head coach's birthday coming up and we should win the next game "for him". It was the dumbest meeting I have ever been in.

MannyIsGod
11-24-2021, 02:49 PM
First off...calm down. It just seems dramatic that a team that is not that good would hold a players only meeting this early in the season. A Spurs win or loss doesn't affect my happiness one bit but I do like watching this current team more than the previous seasons.

I'm perfectly calm. Don't mistake me calling you out as the bitch ass you are as me being worked up. They don't think that they are not good. That's the point. And you shouldn't want them thinking that they suck. You should want them all thinking they're capable of living up to their potential and being really fucking good. The fact that you don't understand why that is the case is exactly what makes you a bitch ass mfer.

MannyIsGod
11-24-2021, 02:50 PM
I like this.

Yeah we suck but it shows that they care and don't like losing. We don't need players who just show up for a paycheck but players who are passionate about the game and about winning.

Exactly. Why would anyone want a team full of players who think they suck? The fuck?

baseline bum
11-24-2021, 03:00 PM
I'm perfectly calm. Don't mistake me calling you out as the bitch ass you are as me being worked up. They don't think that they are not good. That's the point. And you shouldn't want them thinking that they suck. You should want them all thinking they're capable of living up to their potential and being really fucking good. The fact that you don't understand why that is the case is exactly what makes you a bitch ass mfer.

They do seem to be living up to their potential though.

GAustex
11-24-2021, 03:26 PM
The team that Pop put together is playing up to their potential.

MultiTroll
11-24-2021, 03:38 PM
Funny how Pop's response is interpreted as an angry one. Osborn reported he was in a good mood. He seems to be in a good mood,
No. When Osborn posted "the latter" he was reffering to the poster who asked "Is angry Pop back?".

When on the defensive Pop often goes to fake humor / face sincerity / fake *I'm in a good mood* responses to reporters.

Trill Clinton
11-24-2021, 03:54 PM

I beg to differ that you are calm being as though you are resorting to name calling and bullying tactics because I had a different opinion than yours. Your post is emotional and full of projection so I will reserve having a serious discussion with you until you A.) apologize and B.) grow up. Peace.

baseline bum
11-24-2021, 04:25 PM

Agreed. I knew they'd win less games without DeRozan but it's nice seeing Vassell start to develop into a quality player now that DeRozan isn't eating into his minutes. It has given me some faith that RC still knows what he's doing in the draft with Devin looking like a good #11 pick should now.

KobesAchilles
11-24-2021, 05:29 PM
I hope they asked Forbes why tf are you on the team?

Joseph Kony
11-24-2021, 05:36 PM
Agree with Trill. Holding a players only meeting is cute but like, whats the point? :lol this team is severely handicapped by a lack of blue chip talent. they play hard and bust their asses most of the time out there, thats all we can really ask. they simply just dont have the talent to be a playoff team so their performance is not unexpected or surprising in the least

but hey, I guess it's cool that they want to talk the shit out and get better. but still, only so much you can do by playing hard

TimDunkem
11-24-2021, 05:39 PM

This. :lol

RC_Drunkford
11-24-2021, 05:55 PM
I hope they realized that they are just not talented enough to win games. It's really not about execution or anything like that, they just don't have enough talent

paperboy77
11-24-2021, 05:56 PM

I wish.

KingKev
11-24-2021, 06:31 PM
This one time, in high school, the assistant coaches tried hosting a "player's only" meeting. It was basically just everyone except the head coach. What they wanted to talk about was that it was the head coach's birthday coming up and we should win the next game "for him". It was the dumbest meeting I have ever been in.

Haha sounds like this one time at bandcamp….

baseline bum
11-24-2021, 06:55 PM

Pop Derangement Syndrome

KingKev
11-24-2021, 06:55 PM
I hope they realized that they are just not talented enough to win games. It's really not about execution or anything like that, they just don't have enough talent

This. They are playing hard and we are finally getting a good look at what we have while almost everyone gets an opportunity to show their stuff.

Ice009
11-24-2021, 07:46 PM
I like this.

I agree. All of you guys downplaying it by saying they suck and shouldn't be having this meeting are completely disrespecting them. They care and want to win. This is nothing but a good thing and I respect them more for it.

Slippy
11-24-2021, 08:00 PM
I hope they asked Forbes why tf are you on the team?

This thought did cross my mind.:lol

slick'81
11-25-2021, 01:49 AM
6 straight losses:lol players only meeting

Brazil
11-26-2021, 07:15 AM

:lol

dbestpro
11-26-2021, 09:11 AM
So, the players suck and just are not good enough but we all should be celebrating because they don't like losing and met without Pop to cry a river. These are grown men with paychecks to win and are paid to do a job, which is to satisfy the customer. If they cannot even be competitive then they need to get the resume ready for whatever else they might actually be good at. For those of you who support losing, you are what you support.

offset formation
11-26-2021, 10:43 AM
The team that Pop put together is playing up to their potential.

My point in this whole thing is why are we trying to win instead of focusing on player development? It should be clear by now that this team is going nowhere. We have the 3rd worst record in the league. And that's WITH pop trying to win. Imagine if we played our young kids and new players (Lansdale) and tried to see what we had instead? Oh we might go from 3rd worse to worst...the horror.

And yes, I'll repeat, under these circumstances, there's absolutely ZERO point having Primo in DRIBBLING CAMP. And that's what it is when you play THREE GAMES when the parent club has played *17* GAMES.

So I'm happy to call it what it is and take the heat. Our highest draft pick in 23 years has no business playing in three G LEAGUE games while he could have been learning against his future NBA competition, as they are playing, and maybe drop all of two spots in the standings. Pop is just a rote old coach at this point.

We talkin' bout practice, not games, not games...we talking bout practice.

I sure hope he's getting a bunch of practice in dribbling camp.

tmtcsc
11-26-2021, 11:04 AM
Players only meeting and they spent it playing Candy Crush on their phones.

tmtcsc
11-26-2021, 11:05 AM
Players only meeting and they spent it playing Candy Crush on their phones.

slick'81
11-26-2021, 11:07 AM
My point in this whole thing is why are we trying to win instead of focusing on player development? It should be clear by now that this team is going nowhere. We have the 3rd worst record in the league. And that's WITH pop trying to win. Imagine if we played our young kids and new players (Lansdale) and tried to see what we had instead? Oh we might go from 3rd worse to worst...the horror.

And yes, I'll repeat, under these circumstances, there's absolutely ZERO point having Primo in DRIBBLING CAMP. And that's what it is when you play THREE GAMES when the parent club has played *17* GAMES.

So I'm happy to call it what it is and take the heat. Our highest draft pick in 23 years has no business playing in three G LEAGUE games while he could have been learning against his future NBA competition, as they are playing, and maybe drop all of two spots in the standings. Pop is just a rote old coach at this point.

We talkin' bout practice, not games, not games...we talking bout practice.

I sure hope he's getting a bunch of practice in dribbling camp.

bbb but hes not ready:cry

offset formation
11-26-2021, 11:24 AM
So, the players suck and just are not good enough but we all should be celebrating because they don't like losing and met without Pop to cry a river. These are grown men with paychecks to win and are paid to do a job, which is to satisfy the customer. If they cannot even be competitive then they need to get the resume ready for whatever else they might actually be good at. For those of you who support losing, you are what you support.

I support having whatever record you get while developing your future players, not hanging onto a thread of insanity that this team, as currently comprised, has a future.

Now in so far as the players having a meeting and demanding the best from one another, I'm all in on that. I just am not in their same mindset that they're losing because of not being on the same page. They're losing because the other teams are more talented and often better coached and better developed.

offset formation
11-26-2021, 11:25 AM
bbb but hes not ready:cry

you forgot your pop emoji.

MultiTroll
12-02-2021, 11:23 PM
3-2 since the meeting if one includes tonights fab game at the Blazers. (Yes i am saying Crater Face is going to continue to stay the f out of the way and Spurs close this easily.)

TDomination
12-03-2021, 12:15 AM
Having poeltl back helps too :)

RC_Drunkford
12-03-2021, 02:20 AM
https://youtu.be/vx4nJy8xUcA

MultiTroll
12-13-2021, 12:58 AM
6-5

ismael-robert
12-14-2021, 12:50 AM
Member when I was calling for 6-4. 6-3 over last 9 with very winnable game upcoming

MannyIsGod
12-14-2021, 11:31 PM
Imagine being upset over a players only meeting that has apparently become a turning point.

Ed Helicopter Jones
12-15-2021, 12:55 PM
Imagine being upset over a players only meeting that has apparently become a turning point.

Yeah...well, it is Spurstalk. Where everything is a thing, until it's not a thing anymore.

buttsR4rebounding
12-15-2021, 01:34 PM

If they are meeting without Pop's blessing they are obviously not over themselves. Who the hell are the players to have independent thought?

Leetonidas
12-15-2021, 01:39 PM
Who was upset over this meeting? :lol

ChumpDumper
12-15-2021, 01:57 PM
If they are meeting without Pop's blessing they are obviously not over themselves. Who the hell are the players to have independent thought?Obviously blessed by Pop.

MultiTroll
12-15-2021, 02:04 PM
Who was upset over this meeting? :lol

Obviously blessed by Pop.
Obviously not blessed by Popped.

ChumpDumper
12-15-2021, 02:07 PM
Obviously not blessed by Popped.Do you know what "the latter" means in this case?

MultiTroll
12-15-2021, 02:11 PM
Yes.

ChumpDumper
12-15-2021, 02:19 PM
Yes.And which do you say is the latter from the previous tweet?

KobesAchilles
12-15-2021, 02:20 PM
So Bryn isn't playing due to this meeting? Did they vote him off the island?

MultiTroll
12-15-2021, 02:43 PM
And which do you say is the latter from the previous tweet?
Rumpy i know you are foaming at the mouth and jumping up and down for a potential *gotchya* moment.
Honestly i have seen it used both ways, which is why some writers it is recommended to not use the "former and latter" phrase as it often simply confuses the reader.

As to the Popped quote, to me it makes no difference. If it was the first mention, then he was in Angry Pop mode. If it referred to the 2nd mention, we've all see enough Fake Good Mood Popped interviews that would surprise me none if Pop was feigning when in reality he was bent his control freak ways were being (in his current dictatorship) abused.

If indeed Pop had and has a genuine good mood re the players only meeting, then good for him.

Does that suffice?

Yes or No?

ChumpDumper
12-15-2021, 04:18 PM
Rumpy i know you are foaming at the mouth and jumping up and down for a potential *gotchya* moment.
Honestly i have seen it used both ways, which is why some writers it is recommended to not use the "former and latter" phrase as it often simply confuses the reader.

As to the Popped quote, to me it makes no difference. If it was the first mention, then he was in Angry Pop mode. If it referred to the 2nd mention, we've all see enough Fake Good Mood Popped interviews that would surprise me none if Pop was feigning when in reality he was bent his control freak ways were being (in his current dictatorship) abused.

If indeed Pop had and has a genuine good mood re the players only meeting, then good for him.

Does that suffice?

Yes or No?So you thought "the latter" meant Pop was angry.

":lolften simply c:lolnfuses the reader" indeed

tonight...you
12-15-2021, 05:58 PM
Lol. That is so stupid. If it's read wrong, it's by the ignorant that don't know the difference.
It's not some ambiguous thing with ambiguous usage. It's not even complicated! Just think of the meaning of the word "former".

If you've seen it both ways, both you and the writer(s) who transgressed are pretty darn dumb.

Much respect and no offense.

MultiTroll
12-15-2021, 06:12 PM
So you thought "the latter" meant Pop was angry.

":lolften simply c:lolnfuses the reader" indeed
Yawn.
Strawman,
No, not at all what i said. Your twisting peoples quotes in an attempt to score some self proclaimed "e" victory. seems to be your lifes existence.
As i said there have been enough times Pop has done the fake *I'm really not in a bad mood* schtick that whether it was former or latter was a moot point to me.

MultiTroll
12-15-2021, 06:18 PM
Lol. That is so stupid. If it's read wrong, it's by the ignorant that don't know the difference.
It's not some ambiguous thing with ambiguous usage. It's not even complicated! Just think of the meaning of the word "former".

If you've seen it both ways, both you and the writer(s) who transgressed are pretty darn dumb.

Much respect and no offense.
If you want to join Chumpy and declare victory laps on a grammar board, go for it.

It’s also wise to use these words sparingly throughout your writing. Using former or latter too often can get confusing for readers, since 1) many people don’t have a clear understanding of what each means, and 2) readers will need to frequently look back at which is which in the previous sentence.

Former vs. Latter: Which is Which? - TCK Publishing (https://www.tckpublishing.com/former-vs-latter/#:~:text=Examples%20of%20Former%20and%20Latter%201 %20Coffee%20and,between%20chocolate%20or%20strawbe rry.%20...%20More%20items...%20)

^ I'm just messenger not the message. :lol

exstatic
12-15-2021, 06:28 PM
If you want to join Chumpy and declare victory laps on a grammar board, go for it.

It’s also wise to use these words sparingly throughout your writing. Using former or latter too often can get confusing for readers, since 1) many people don’t have a clear understanding of what each means, and 2) readers will need to frequently look back at which is which in the previous sentence.

Former vs. Latter: Which is Which? - TCK Publishing (https://www.tckpublishing.com/former-vs-latter/#:~:text=Examples%20of%20Former%20and%20Latter%201 %20Coffee%20and,between%20chocolate%20or%20strawbe rry.%20...%20More%20items...%20)

Poor Multi, not having a good day. :lol

MultiTroll
12-15-2021, 06:46 PM
Poor Multi, not having a good day. :lol
*ding.
Zero surprise you slithered in from your back pedaling exercises. :rollin

Poor exstatic, still desperate.

tonight...you
12-15-2021, 07:20 PM

I'm not going to hold you by the hand on this.
You just wallow in your ignorance and laugh with mud in your mouth.

It is what it is.

ChumpDumper
12-16-2021, 03:44 AM
Yawn.
Strawman,
No, not at all what i said. Your twisting peoples quotes in an attempt to score some self proclaimed "e" victory. seems to be your lifes existence.
As i said there have been enough times Pop has done the fake *I'm really not in a bad mood* schtick that whether it was former or latter was a moot point to me.

:lmao you thought "the latter" meant Pop was angry.

MultiTroll
12-17-2021, 11:30 PM
imho we'd be .500 or better with good coaching.

Numb Nutts finally letting Jock get some meaningful run tonight vs Jazz.
You saw the 3rd qtr results.

Ed Helicopter Jones
12-23-2021, 07:11 AM
Jeezus, humans have gotten stupid.

MannyIsGod
12-23-2021, 03:00 PM
Spurs 8-5 since the players meeting that some of you laughed at.

Dejounte
12-23-2021, 03:08 PM
“Why should we care about winning?! We’re not talented enough! Meetings are pointless! Look at us! We should just accept we suck and move on!”

-How some of the posters here want the players to think. Pretty fucking sad if you ask me

MultiTroll
12-29-2021, 10:51 AM
Spurs 8-5 since the players meeting that some of you laughed at.

“Why should we care about winning?! We’re not talented enough! Meetings are pointless! Look at us! We should just accept we suck and move on!”

-How some of the posters here want the players to think. Pretty fucking sad if you ask me
The Jazz game was a backslider, but still progress since the meeting.

Would love to know what the players think of Bryn over Primo.
Landale being kept out until recently. Even when put in vs Jazz, Grandpa immediately forced Bryn upon him.

Yes yes i know Jock had Covid and a concussion, valid points IF that is the reason for being withheld.

Continuing, hope the players address all in meetings.