PDA

View Full Version : Republicans want to put women who have miscarriages in jail.

RandomGuy
12-02-2021, 09:07 AM
Change my mind.

DarrinS
12-02-2021, 09:11 AM
Dumb

CosmicCowboy
12-02-2021, 09:14 AM
stupid post from OP

Dirks_Finale
12-02-2021, 10:00 AM
Har, har.

Winehole23
12-02-2021, 11:00 AM
From 1973-2020, NAPW has recorded 1,600 such cases, with about 1,200 occurring in the last 15 years alone.

Although some involved women who were arrested for things such as falling down, or giving birth at home, the vast majority involved drugs, and women of colour were overrepresented.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-59214544

boutons_deux
12-02-2021, 11:02 AM
US women are being jailed for having miscarriages

====================

When Miscarriage Is a Crime

27-year-old African-American woman Marshae Jones (https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2019/06/28/she-miscarried-after-being-shot-prosecutors-are-weighing-manslaughter-case-against-her/) was indicted by an Alabama grand jury on manslaughter charges when she lost her 5-month-old fetus after being shot.

The person who shot Jones, whom the police claimed was acting in self-defense, was not charged in the shooting.

Jones, however, was held responsible for being in a fight while pregnant, and faced up to 20 years in prison.

https://www.plannedparenthoodaction.org/planned-parenthood-advocates-arizona/blog/when-miscarriage-is-a-crime

CosmicCowboy
12-02-2021, 11:10 AM
And the WHOLE story, not Boukkaki and Whineholes bullshit take:

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/07/03/us/pregnant-alabama-woman-manslaughter-indictment/index.html

boutons_deux
12-02-2021, 11:21 AM

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/07/03/us/pregnant-alabama-woman-manslaughter-indictment/index.html

the "truth" is that probably an all-white grand jury in fucking slave-state shithole MS, and probably white prosecutor decided to charge a black woman.

CosmicCowboy
12-02-2021, 12:15 PM
the "truth" is that probably an all-white grand jury in fucking slave-state shithole MS, and probably white prosecutor decided to charge a black woman.

The truth is you are a fucking liar and ran with a hack job article and won't admit you were wrong.

Winehole23
12-02-2021, 12:17 PM

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/07/03/us/pregnant-alabama-woman-manslaughter-indictment/index.htmlI didn't offer a take on the Alabama case.

lol grudgeposting

CosmicCowboy
12-02-2021, 12:20 PM
I didn't offer a take on the Alabama case.

lol grudgeposting

my apology. You posted the article on the meth head killing her baby.

FrostKing
12-02-2021, 12:27 PM
Did you major in CRT?

Thanos
12-02-2021, 12:28 PM
Did you major in CRT?
Can you define what CRT is?

FrostKing
12-02-2021, 12:39 PM
Fixation on skin color

ChumpDumper
12-02-2021, 12:44 PM
Fixation on skin colorWrong.

Try again.

DMC
12-02-2021, 01:00 PM
the "truth" is that probably

stopped reading after that "I'm a fucking retard" flag

DMC
12-02-2021, 01:02 PM

White man bad

Ef-man
12-02-2021, 01:25 PM

Don't commit crimes, problem solved.

Team MAGA: Derp Police up in here

I'll cut your skinny jeans off your pale legs and ass fuck you, and you'll thank me.

From what I read from previous posts: Team MAGA’s solution is making abortions a crime but making sex with men legal as it will not result in pregnancy.

Adam Lambert
12-02-2021, 01:29 PM
When you put it like that, few Republicans will admit to it. But they certainly don't have any issue with policing the health/lifestyle choices of pregnant women and punishing them if those choices are perceived to have lead to the miscarriage.

Here's how it goes:

Step 1: Republicans ban abortion, which leads to an increase in unwanted births to unqualified mothers

Step 2: Republicans freak out over an increase in birth defects, SIDS and miscarriage rates.

Step 3: Republicans introduce legislation requiring doctor visits following every miscarriage, and for those doctors to confirm under penalty that the miscarriage was not the result of drugs, alcohol, or other poor lifestyle choices. Any women known to have had a miscarriage who did not visit the doctor will be held liable and could face jail time, the presumption being that she is hiding the cause of death. Trials are held.

Step 4: FOX News and other conservative media dedicate entire segments to poor women who suspiciously lose their pregnancies as though they're Casey Anthony.

Step 5: Darrin and DMC issue numerous snarky responses to ST libs who think all of this is very fucked up, because lol libs

RandomGuy
12-02-2021, 03:10 PM
Dumb

Doesn't really change my mind.

You get your way... abortion is illegal.

What do we do with women who miscarry? They are, in places where it is illegal, very often accused of botched abortions.

Your party is fine with putting innocent people to death, through your unflinching support of the death penalty, and the inevitable innocent people (brown) that get caught up in that.

You think it will be any different for this?

https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2021/dec/02/el-salvador-responsible-for-death-of-woman-jailed-after-miscarriage

RandomGuy
12-02-2021, 03:11 PM
stupid post from OP

What do we do with women who miscarry? They are, in places where it is illegal, very often accused of botched abortions.

Your party is fine with putting innocent people to death, through your unflinching support of the death penalty, and the inevitable innocent people (brown) that get caught up in that.

https://www.theguardian.com/global-d...er-miscarriage

RandomGuy
12-02-2021, 03:13 PM

"Britney's case really touched a nerve," Ms Sussman said. "It's not as uncommon as people assumed it was."

Hmm. Did not know that.

RandomGuy
12-02-2021, 03:17 PM

El Salvador ‘responsible for death of woman jailed after miscarriage’
https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2021/dec/02/el-salvador-responsible-for-death-of-woman-jailed-after-miscarriage

If you think that no woman having a miscarriage will be suspected of having had a botched abortion by some fucking extremist bible thumping ER doctor/nurse/janitor, you are sadly more optimistic about such people than I am.

RandomGuy
12-02-2021, 03:20 PM
When you put it like that, few Republicans will admit to it. But they certainly don't have any issue with policing the health/lifestyle choices of pregnant women and punishing them if those choices are perceived to have lead to the miscarriage.

Here's how it goes:

Step 1: Republicans ban abortion, which leads to an increase in unwanted births to unqualified mothers

Step 2: Republicans freak out over an increase in birth defects, SIDS and miscarriage rates.

Step 3: Republicans introduce legislation requiring doctor visits following every miscarriage, and for those doctors to confirm under penalty that the miscarriage was not the result of drugs, alcohol, or other poor lifestyle choices. Any women known to have had a miscarriage who did not visit the doctor will be held liable and could face jail time, the presumption being that she is hiding the cause of death. Trials are held.

Step 4: FOX News and other conservative media dedicate entire segments to poor women who suspiciously lose their pregnancies as though they're Casey Anthony.

Step 5: Darrin and DMC issue numerous snarky responses to ST libs who think all of this is very fucked up, because lol libs

Eyup.

Having to deal with distinguishing between miscarriages and abortions is a necessary part of making abortions illegal, if you really want a law that works that way.

Wait until the tax bills go up from the social welfare programs that have to support the children born to the women who aren't ready for it. smh.

Millennial_Messiah
12-02-2021, 05:34 PM
This is genius from the right, divert attention away from the left in the next 12 months away from more reckless spending CRAP like "BBB" (we need sequestration and we deperately need to hike interest rates through the roof right now, tbh... the #1-10 problems with the USA right now are inflation, inflation, inflation, inflation, inflation, inflation, inflation, inflation, inflation, and inflation... all the Left's fault) and ultimately the right will righteously cave in on abortion which is a fine concession in exchange for getting rid of leftist spending and stimulus crap bills.

Did you major in CRT?

He's got a PhD in it, obviously

Thanos
12-02-2021, 06:33 PM
Fixation on skin color

White man bad
Yeah, I can’t define CRT either. But I also don’t talk about it obsessively.

DMC
12-02-2021, 06:37 PM
Yeah, I can’t define CRT either. But I also don’t talk about it obsessively.

Then we could both be right

DMC
12-02-2021, 06:42 PM

Here's how it goes:

You preggers?

Winehole23
12-02-2021, 06:47 PM
Funny thing about CRT -- the actual legal studies subfield -- is that it takes the view that racism doesn't emanate from individuals but from the law and various other institutions.

It also doesn't hold with biological essentialism. Instead it postulates, in harmony with its sociological theory, that race is not determined by phylogeny, but is instead a social.construction.

SnakeBoy
12-02-2021, 06:48 PM
Libs like dead babies

Winehole23
12-02-2021, 06:52 PM
Libs like dead babiesNot really, I'm more of a women's libber.

DMC
12-02-2021, 06:58 PM
Not really, I'm more of a women's libber.

Can't believe that attitude and that bike haven't gotten you drowned in pussy

Dirks_Finale
12-02-2021, 07:00 PM
Wrong.

Try again.

What are you doing to leverage your priviledge, CD?

Winehole23
12-02-2021, 07:18 PM
Can't believe that attitude and that bike haven't gotten you drowned in pussyMe and my wife of 27 years are doing just fine, thanks for asking.

ChumpDumper
12-02-2021, 07:34 PM
What are you doing to leverage your priviledge, CD?Spelling privilege correctly.

Adam Lambert
12-02-2021, 07:54 PM
You preggers?

It's worked for 10 years. Just piss one of them off and ignore them a while, they'll show up in a thread and attack you out of nowhere. You even get posters who's sole reason for a presence on the forum is to shadow you and door chime you. It's basically an old game with some play value still. :lol

Winehole23
12-02-2021, 08:10 PM
So we're now living in the world where principled libertarians can't be forced to wear masks indoors to prevent communicable disease, but women's libbers can be forced to carry babies to term, and compelled by law to do nothing that might imperil others.

Thanos
12-02-2021, 09:08 PM
Then we could both be right
Nah probs not

Thanos
12-02-2021, 09:09 PM
What are you doing to leverage your priviledge, CD?

Spelling privilege correctly.

:lmao

SnakeBoy
12-02-2021, 09:29 PM
Funny thing about CRT -- the actual legal studies subfield -- is that it takes the view that racism doesn't emanate from individuals but from the law and various other institutions.

It also doesn't hold with biological essentialism. Instead it postulates, in harmony with its sociological theory, that race is not determined by phylogeny, but is instead a social.construction.

The other funny thing about CRT is that it doesn't exist

DMC
12-02-2021, 09:45 PM
Nah probs not

The essence of CRT is that the white man has suppressed all other races and that being a "minority" even if a land where you aren't a minority, meaning your skin isn't white, means you've been indoctrinated since birth to believe you are less than them, and that your entire past and future will be a struggle to overcome disadvantages put in place for you to struggle, by the white man.

aka white man bad.

DMC
12-02-2021, 09:47 PM
Not really, I'm more of a women's libber.

So we're now loving in the world where principled libertarians can't be forced to wear masks indoors to prevent communicable disease, but women's libbers can be forced to carry babies to term.

So you're the one who's preggers.

Winehole23
12-02-2021, 11:23 PM
The essence of CRT is that the white man has suppressed all other races and that being a "minority" even if a land where you aren't a minority, meaning your skin isn't white, means you've been indoctrinated since birth to believe you are less than them, and that your entire past and future will be a struggle to overcome disadvantages put in place for you to struggle, by the white man.

aka white man bad.You don't know know shit about CRT, you've just been dining from the end of that newspaper spoon.

Winehole23
12-02-2021, 11:44 PM
Legal and social equality for "non-white" people feels like oppression to them.

The CRT furore amounts more or less to backlash against civil rights and teaching kids about it using concrete examples from current events and US history.

Winehole23
12-02-2021, 11:45 PM
dp

CosmicCowboy
12-03-2021, 07:49 AM

You are so full of shit. I have explicitly stated I am pro-choice and disagree with the recent Texas law.

At the same time, I think there should be limits on how late you can perform an abortion.

YOUR party supports abortions up to and including FULL TERM where they crush the living babys skull with tongs in the birth canal.

There has to be a reasonable middle ground.

RandomGuy
12-03-2021, 07:51 AM
Libs like dead babies

cons like dead women

RandomGuy
12-03-2021, 07:55 AM
You are so full of shit. I have explicitly stated I am pro-choice and disagree with the recent Texas law.

(shrugs)

So let me fix it then.

---------------------------------------

Your party get what an overwhelming majority of them want... abortion is illegal.

------------------------------------------------------

Now solve the problem of your party lynching women who have miscarriages.

CosmicCowboy
12-03-2021, 07:59 AM
(shrugs)

So let me fix it then.

---------------------------------------

Your party get what an overwhelming majority of them want... abortion is illegal.

------------------------------------------------------

fuck off, chicken little. The sky isn't falling.

RandomGuy
12-03-2021, 07:59 AM
YOUR party supports abortions up to and including FULL TERM where they crush the living babys skull with tongs in the birth canal.

I will set aside my frustration with your brainwashing here, and rebut that.

No, that is not what the Democratic party supports.

Further, I will call you out on the bullshit you have swallowed:

Prove that to a reasonable degree. Your assertion, your burden of proof.

I'll wait.

RandomGuy
12-03-2021, 08:03 AM

fuck off, chicken little. The sky isn't falling.

Chickenshit. Your party wants it, and would enact it enthusiastically.

The Christian taliban that control it scream for it, very loudly.

Why can't you summon the moral courage to address it or any of the related issues?

smh

From march of this year:
Another Texas GOP lawmaker is attempting to make abortion punishable by the death penalty
https://www.texastribune.org/2021/03/09/texas-legislature-abortion-criminalize-death-penalty/

CosmicCowboy
12-03-2021, 08:16 AM
I will set aside my frustration with your brainwashing here, and rebut that.

No, that is not what the Democratic party supports.

Further, I will call you out on the bullshit you have swallowed:

Prove that to a reasonable degree. Your assertion, your burden of proof.

I'll wait.

I'm suspect you are familiar with the debate about the Virginia law on partial birth infanticide. The exact words:

The term "partial birth infanticide" shall not under any circumstances be construed to include any of the following procedures: (i) the suction curettage abortion procedure, (ii) the suction aspiration abortion procedure, (iii) the dilation and evacuation abortion procedure involving dismemberment of the fetus prior to removal from the body of the mother, or (iv) completing delivery of a living human infant and severing the umbilical cord of any infant who has been completely delivered. For the purposes of this section, "human infant who has been born alive" means a product of human conception that has been completely or substantially expelled or extracted from its mother, regardless of the duration of pregnancy, which after such expulsion or extraction breathes or shows any other evidence of life such as beating of the heart, pulsation of the umbilical cord, or definite movement of voluntary muscles, whether or not the umbilical cord has been cut or the placenta is attached.

D. For purposes of this section, "substantially expelled or extracted from its mother" means, in the case of a headfirst presentation, the infant's entire head is outside the body of the mother, or, in the case of breech presentation, any part of the infant's trunk past the navel is outside the body of the mother.

CosmicCowboy
12-03-2021, 08:30 AM
Chickenshit. Your party wants it, and would enact it enthusiastically.

The Christian taliban that control it scream for it, very loudly.

Why can't you summon the moral courage to address it or any of the related issues?

smh

From march of this year:
Another Texas GOP lawmaker is attempting to make abortion punishable by the death penalty
https://www.texastribune.org/2021/03/09/texas-legislature-abortion-criminalize-death-penalty/

Great. You found an article about some Christian Taliban whacko advocating something that will never happen. Good for you. If you want to debate abortion find someone else to argue with that is extreme pro-life. I'm not.

RandomGuy
12-03-2021, 08:30 AM
I'm suspect you are familiar with the debate about the Virginia law on partial birth infanticide. The exact words:

Okaaay.

How exactly does that prove your assertion? Be specific, because I don't see how that section proves it.

URL for the full section:
https://law.lis.virginia.gov/vacode/title18.2/chapter4/section18.2-71.1/

[edit]

Connect it to:

RandomGuy
12-03-2021, 08:33 AM
Great. You found an article about some Christian Taliban whacko advocating something that will never happen. Good for you. If you want to debate abortion find someone else to argue with that is extreme pro-life. I'm not.

They introduce this bill on a yearly basis.

I'm not asking you to take an extreme pro-life position.

Let's try this again, but I will try to make it more clear.

In your opinion, yes or no, would the same people who comprise a majority of the party you support, be comfortable with jailing women mistakenly (occasionally) for miscarriages if it meant stopping abortion?

CosmicCowboy
12-03-2021, 08:35 AM
Okaaay.

How exactly does that prove your assertion? Be specific, because I don't see how that section proves it.

URL for the full section:
https://law.lis.virginia.gov/vacode/title18.2/chapter4/section18.2-71.1/

regardless of the duration of pregnancy,

pretty self explanatory

RandomGuy
12-03-2021, 08:40 AM
pretty self explanatory

No, it isn't.

If it were self-explanatory, you could spell it out easily. "If this... then that"

Make your case, in your own words.

CosmicCowboy
12-03-2021, 08:46 AM
No, it isn't.

If it were self-explanatory, you could spell it out easily. "If this... then that"

Make your case, in your own words.

*shaking head* done. Argue with yourself.

RandomGuy
12-03-2021, 08:48 AM
Trying to help here:

This section of the law prohibits killing infants "who [have] been born alive",... "regardless of the duration of pregnancy".

That particular section doesn't get you there.

What might:
This section shall not prohibit the use by a physician of any procedure that, in reasonable medical judgment, is necessary to prevent the death of the mother

But for the fact of your hand-waving that [Democrats support abortions up to full term]

You were inexact in your wording, implying "Democrats support all abortions of any kind up to full term"

Which is NOT what Democrats, including myself, believe, and not even what this law says, is it?

RandomGuy
12-03-2021, 08:50 AM

You just can't bring yourself to defend your own bullshit. Even when I am trying to, in good faith, help you.

Sad.

What does that say about how you form your beliefs, CC? You want to know why I get pissy with you at times? You let yourself get convinced of things for shitty reasons, but you are smart enough and a good enough person to know better. That's why.

Thanos
12-03-2021, 09:01 AM

aka white man bad.
Nah, that don’t sound right

RandomGuy
12-03-2021, 01:02 PM

aka white man bad.

https://www.credocourses.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/straw-man-informal-logical-fallacy-full.jpg

Bonus:

TOO big for you to pretend you didn't read it.

Dial me up when you want to criticize something that exists, rather than your lie about something.

RandomGuy
12-03-2021, 01:06 PM
The other funny thing about CRT is that it doesn't exist

It exists.

What doesn't exist: The version you fuckers tell each other about what it is. I.e. lying.

The basis of modern conservatism is dishonesty and violence.

Trainwreck2100
12-03-2021, 01:21 PM

At the same time, I think there should be limits on how late you can perform an abortion.

It's real funny that you believe that some random lady is going to go through 9 months of shit on her body just to say "nah we're cool" and kill it at the end

Winehole23
12-03-2021, 02:55 PM
"Earthen vessels"

Trainwreck2100
12-03-2021, 03:12 PM
"Earthen vessels"

when you shake polaroids, it does nothing polaroid does not advocate shaking it

Winehole23
12-03-2021, 03:18 PM
a nice nutshell

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FFtDa5uXsAMyt2P?format=jpg&name=900x900

RandomGuy
12-03-2021, 03:21 PM
"Earthen vessels"

Based on the current evidence, if you factor in fertilized eggs that fail to implant along with pregnancies that end in miscarriage, around 70% to 75% of all conceptions will end in pregnancy loss.

soooo if you believe in that shit for every abortion, God kills what? about 25 times as many every year?

Where is the outrage for the 75% of failed embryos that aren't aborted? Why are we not doing anything about that?

RandomGuy
12-03-2021, 03:24 PM
a nice nutshell

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FFtDa5uXsAMyt2P?format=jpg&name=900x900

Yup.

Isitjustme?
12-03-2021, 03:26 PM

"Lynniece Washington" dropped the charges: https://www.google.com/search?q=Lynneice+Washington&client=ms-android-google&prmd=minxv&sxsrf=AOaemvIB2Y6K5v4MRe6e6G3psUHgkopEmA:163856309 5314&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiUtvOZu8j0AhU6SzABHaNIBoYQ_AUoAnoECAIQA g&biw=393&bih=647&dpr=2.75

Wonder what political party she is in?

Isitjustme?
12-03-2021, 03:27 PM
Meanwhile a grand jury of fine Alabamans wanted to charge her. Thank God for Red State Dems tbh

RandomGuy
12-17-2021, 09:18 AM

I was trying to get you to realize that what you were told in the conservative MSM about what that section says, and what it actually says is different.

If you like I will explain it again.

In the end, the point of the OP remains.

If you make abortions illegal, then women who genuinely miscarry WILL end up in prison, just like they do in places where that actually happens.

boutons_deux
12-17-2021, 09:39 AM

From 1973-2020, NAPW has recorded 1,600 such cases, with about 1,200 occurring in the last 15 years alone.

Although some involved women who

were arrested for things such as falling down,

or giving birth at home,

the vast majority involved drugs,

and women of colour were overrepresented.

The recent explosion of criminal cases is part of a "uniquely American phenomenon" at the crossroads of America's 'War on Drugs' and the personhood movement,

Actually, there's American-created shithole in Central America that imprisons women for miscarriages.

RandomGuy
12-17-2021, 09:42 AM

or giving birth at home,

The recent explosion of criminal cases is part of a "uniquely American phenomenon" at the crossroads of America's 'War on Drugs' and the personhood movement,

Actually, there's American-created shithole in Central America that imprisons women for miscarriages.

gee look, it is happening now. in the US.

This particular movement is actively supported by the conservative theocrats in the Republican party, for the sole purpose of building precedent to roll back abortion rights. They admit to this. Openly.

RandomGuy
12-17-2021, 09:45 AM

or giving birth at home,

As much as conservatives here try to shit on you, things like this are things they will actively run away from discussing.

What does it say about your viewpoint that someone that you look down on can constantly bring up things criticizing your viewpoint that you can't or won't deal with? smh

RandomGuy
04-15-2022, 09:07 PM
Dumb

You think the nutball zealots won't do it? Didn't take them long did it?

https://news.yahoo.com/texas-woman-charged-murder-self-173730831.html

You brainwashed dumbass, can't see the radicalization of the right for what it is.

HemisfairArena
04-16-2022, 02:02 AM
Muslims embrace this too,,,democrats embrace muslims,,,,,hypocrisy at its finest,,,,

FuzzyLumpkins
04-16-2022, 02:46 AM
Muslims embrace this too,,,democrats embrace muslims,,,,,hypocrisy at its finest,,,,

Retarded equivalences, today on SpursTalk.

ChumpDumper
04-16-2022, 03:11 AM

Why do you embrace it?

DMC
04-16-2022, 11:02 AM

Typical liberal "poor thing" politics, racism via exclusion.

ChumpDumper
04-16-2022, 12:06 PM
I think such laws are bad.

DMC is afraid to say one way or another.

Blake
04-16-2022, 07:48 PM

Republicans embrace Christianity. You think believing in God is retarded. You embrace Republicans.

Are you able to connect the dots here?

HemisfairArena
04-16-2022, 09:41 PM
Republicans embrace Christianity. You think believing in God is retarded. You embrace Republicans.

Are you able to connect the dots here?

:lmaoYou believe in a fairy tale,,,,

Blake
04-16-2022, 10:08 PM
:lmaoYou believe in a fairy tale,,,,

:lol you're dumber than derp