PDA

View Full Version : Trailblazers fire GM

$pursDynasty
12-03-2021, 12:47 PM
When I saw this headline, my first thought was, dang losing to the Spurs at home gets you fired? Turns out it was about toxic workplace stuff, but it is sad my favorite NBA franchise has fallen so low that my first thought was losing badly to us now gets you fired. Back in the day the Spurs handed out ass beatings on the regular to EVERYBODY.

exstatic
12-03-2021, 03:24 PM
Yeah, this investigation had been going on for a couple of weeks, at least. These guys never really get fired. I’m sure his golden parachute will provide a nice soft landing.

ducks
12-04-2021, 11:24 PM
Spurs could start and fire pop and dumbass

ismael-robert
12-05-2021, 11:44 AM
Billups got on em bout lack of effort just for them to come out n lose worse following game

Biggems
12-05-2021, 01:23 PM
Billups was a about effort on both ends of year court, led his team to the finals twice, beat Shaq and kobe, then list to yhe Spurs. If those ass hat players can't respect a coach that balled out as a player and knows about Championship basketball, then get the fuck out of the league.

itzsoweezee
12-05-2021, 03:07 PM
Billups defensive scheme is even worse than Stotts’. Half that team is already tuning Chauncey out

Dverde
12-05-2021, 08:15 PM
Really like Lillard’s commitment to this team, but it reminds me of KG’s situation with the Timberwolves. It’s time to move on. I know it won’t be with the Spurs. I wonder where he’ll land. Knicks? lol

Dex
12-05-2021, 09:51 PM
Billups defensive scheme is even worse than Stotts’. Half that team is already tuning Chauncey out

Which is crazy because I thought he was brought in to be a "player's coach"...a guy that Lillard and co. knew and respected as a player.

Instead, he is calling out his starters and saying that they shouldn't be looking to the bench for inspiration. Dude is burning bridges quick.

tbdog
12-06-2021, 05:47 AM
Billups D schemes is a mess. And he was calling out effort from the pre season. Not a good go to.

tbdog
12-06-2021, 06:02 AM
Really like Lillard’s commitment to this team, but it reminds me of KG’s situation with the Timberwolves. It’s time to move on. I know it won’t be with the Spurs. I wonder where he’ll land. Knicks? lol

Off the top of my head, knicks have the players to match salary, youth in barrett, and pretty sure they've got their picks.

Dex
12-06-2021, 11:57 AM
Off the top of my head, knicks have the players to match salary, youth in barrett, and pretty sure they've got their picks.

Lillard is now leaking that he wants Simmons....which means that CJ + pieces and picks are gone if that happens. The the Guests would still just remain a treadmill team.

R. DeMurre
12-06-2021, 12:06 PM
The Trailblazers have been frustrating to watch for so long now. The occasional offensive outbursts are fun to watch, but starting season after season with an undersized backcourt featuring two defensive liabilities and thinking you actually have a shot at a championship is just silly.

John B
12-06-2021, 01:07 PM
I hated the Blazers since Clyde, Porter era, so moving on. I wonder if they do trade for Simmons now

Degoat
12-06-2021, 01:56 PM
Blazers are fcked big time lmao Simmons could help them but if the 76ers hold strong Dame Dolla will eventually ask out of Portland, why trade for CJ McCollum when things are getting worse and worse in Portland if you’re the 76ers

buttsR4rebounding
12-06-2021, 03:52 PM
Blazers are fcked big time lmao Simmons could help them but if the 76ers hold strong Dame Dolla will eventually ask out of Portland, why trade for CJ McCollum when things are getting worse and worse in Portland if you’re the 76ers

Because the Blazers can do better than Simmons for DL. They would probably give up McCollum and and anyone else not named Damion plus picks to make DL happy, but if they are trading Lillard they can do better than Simmons as the main piece.

Degoat
12-06-2021, 04:03 PM
Because the Blazers can do better than Simmons for DL. They would probably give up McCollum and and anyone else not named Damion plus picks to make DL happy, but if they are trading Lillard they can do better than Simmons as the main piece.

I think my post was a little misunderstood, the blazers can absolutely do better then Simmons if DL becomes available, but my point is the blazers have to take action right now to make DL happy before he asks out and if I’m the 76ers Im not trading Simmons for CJ plus whatever else they offer because DL might be asking out soon.

Its just a messy situation tbh teams won’t want to deal with the blazers I think because if things continue how they are, DL will most likely ask out.

tbdog
12-06-2021, 06:59 PM
Lillard is now leaking that he wants Simmons....which means that CJ + pieces and picks are gone if that happens. The the Guests would still just remain a treadmill team.

Simmons in Portland would be good. But I can't see them closing the gap that much wiith Billups as coach. And without seeing what other pieces are going as well. Will Portland mortgage their future for a Simmons/Lillard pairing? Do sixers even want CJ?