PDA

View Full Version : Georgia Republicans purge Black Democrats from county election boards

RandomGuy
12-09-2021, 02:27 PM
Republicans ramp up the fascism another notch.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
GRIFFIN, Georgia (Reuters) - Protesters filled the meeting room of the Spalding County Board of Elections in October, upset that the board had disallowed early voting on Sundays for the Nov. 2 municipal election. A year ago, Sunday voting had been instrumental in boosting turnout of Black voters.

But this was an entirely different five-member board than had overseen the last election. The Democratic majority of three Black women was gone. So was the Black elections supervisor.

Now a faction of three white Republicans controlled the board – thanks to a bill passed by the Republican-led Georgia legislature earlier this year. The Spalding board’s new chairman has endorsed former president Donald Trump’s false stolen-election claims on social media.

The panel in Spalding, a rural patch south of Atlanta, is one of six county boards that Republicans have quietly reorganized in recent months through similar county-specific state legislation. The changes expanded the party’s power over choosing members of local election boards ahead of the crucial midterm Congressional elections in November 2022.

The unusual rash of restructurings follows the state's passage of Senate Bill 202, which restricted ballot access statewide and allowed the Republican-controlled State Election Board to assume control of county boards it deems underperforming. The board immediately launched a performance review of the Democratic-leaning Fulton County board, which oversees part of Atlanta.

The Georgia restructurings are part of a national Republican effort to expand control over election administration in the wake of Trump’s false voter-fraud claims. Republican-led states such as Florida, Texas and Arizona have enacted new curbs on voter access this year. Backers of Trump’s false stolen-election claims are running campaigns for secretary of state - the top election official - in battleground states. And some Republicans in Wisconsin are seeking to eliminate the state’s bipartisan election commission and threatening its members with prosecution.

https://news.yahoo.com/georgia-republicans-purge-black-democrats-111131036.html

Winehole23
12-09-2021, 02:28 PM
Back to the 1880s.

MultiTroll
12-10-2021, 11:52 AM
What can and will honest voters do to overcome this?

Organized car pools etc.?
This gonna be crackin come '22 elections.
I don't think the Georgia Dems are take this lying down like previous years when Repug bullying was the order of the day.

boutons_deux
12-10-2021, 12:00 PM
The Repugs will not commit any crimes as they drag USA into fascism. They only use anti-democratic Bad Faith, which isn't a crime.

Along with voter suppression (thanks, right wing SCOTUS political toadies), PARTISAN gerrymandering (thanks, right wing SCOTUS political toadies), and election counting fraud, the anti-democratic Constitution, Bad Faith is all the Repugs need to fuck America into fascism.

They are unstoppable. Capitalist/Christian fascism for Jan 2025

Cuck Ross
12-10-2021, 01:27 PM
Republicans ramp up the fascism another notch.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
GRIFFIN, Georgia (Reuters) - Protesters filled the meeting room of the Spalding County Board of Elections in October, upset that the board had disallowed early voting on Sundays for the Nov. 2 municipal election. A year ago, Sunday voting had been instrumental in boosting turnout of Black voters.

But this was an entirely different five-member board than had overseen the last election. The Democratic majority of three Black women was gone. So was the Black elections supervisor.

Now a faction of three white Republicans controlled the board – thanks to a bill passed by the Republican-led Georgia legislature earlier this year. The Spalding board’s new chairman has endorsed former president Donald Trump’s false stolen-election claims on social media.

The panel in Spalding, a rural patch south of Atlanta, is one of six county boards that Republicans have quietly reorganized in recent months through similar county-specific state legislation. The changes expanded the party’s power over choosing members of local election boards ahead of the crucial midterm Congressional elections in November 2022.

The unusual rash of restructurings follows the state's passage of Senate Bill 202, which restricted ballot access statewide and allowed the Republican-controlled State Election Board to assume control of county boards it deems underperforming. The board immediately launched a performance review of the Democratic-leaning Fulton County board, which oversees part of Atlanta.

The Georgia restructurings are part of a national Republican effort to expand control over election administration in the wake of Trump’s false voter-fraud claims. Republican-led states such as Florida, Texas and Arizona have enacted new curbs on voter access this year. Backers of Trump’s false stolen-election claims are running campaigns for secretary of state - the top election official - in battleground states. And some Republicans in Wisconsin are seeking to eliminate the state’s bipartisan election commission and threatening its members with prosecution.

https://news.yahoo.com/georgia-republicans-purge-black-democrats-111131036.htmlWhen are you going to learn to actually read the article first before rushing here to post something because of a headline? :lol

https://twitter.com/TomBevanRCP/status/1468912919119335433

https://twitter.com/TomBevanRCP/status/1468914800277213188

https://twitter.com/TomBevanRCP/status/1468916027945857034

https://twitter.com/TomBevanRCP/status/1468917391581196290

DarrinS
12-10-2021, 01:30 PM
DUH PURGE!!!

RandomGuy
12-10-2021, 02:17 PM
When are you going to learn to actually read the article first before rushing here to post something because of a headline? :lol

https://twitter.com/TomBevanRCP/status/1468912919119335433

https://twitter.com/TomBevanRCP/status/1468914800277213188

https://twitter.com/TomBevanRCP/status/1468916027945857034

https://twitter.com/TomBevanRCP/status/1468917391581196290

(shrugs) I went with the the head line of the article as written, and posted the article in its entirety. Typical of you to focus your autistic screeching on the headline and miss the point of the article and my comment entirely.

My comment was more on the underlying law, part of the fascist push to restrict voting by anyone that isn't voting Republican.

:lol "pay no attentiontion to the law behind the headline".

RandomGuy
12-10-2021, 02:21 PM
DUH PURGE!!!

You also seem to forget that this little gem:

GOP candidate improperly purged 340,000 from Georgia voter rolls, investigation claims

Georgia secretary of state and gubernatorial candidate Brian Kemp improperly purged more than 340,000 voters from the state’s registration rolls, an investigation charges.

Greg Palast, a journalist and the director of the Palast Investigative Fund, said an analysis he commissioned found 340,134 voters were removed from the rolls on the grounds that they had moved – but they actually still live at the address where they are registered.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/oct/19/georgia-governor-race-voter-suppression-brian-kemp

The guy running for fucking governor got to pick who got purged from the voter rolls right before the election that he won by a tiny margin.

koriwhat
12-10-2021, 06:35 PM
We should purge the "dems" from this world tbh.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
12-11-2021, 12:26 AM
We should purge the "dems" from this world tbh.

on one hand, you're better than this

... on the other hand, calf tats

koriwhat
12-11-2021, 03:47 AM
on one hand, you're better than this

... on the other hand, calf tats

It's all about the quotation marks bud... I wouldn't expect you to get it anyhow.

Winehole23
12-11-2021, 04:22 AM
Just get rid of fellow citizens with a different point of view. Problem solved.

DMC
12-11-2021, 05:25 PM
You seemed fine as wine about it when deaths were being celebrated as long as they were conservatives.

Cue "I wasn't fine, I just didn't see it or didn't have any comments, couldn't find a tweet that expressed my opinions"

koriwhat
12-11-2021, 07:45 PM

You have no fucking clue what I mean and it's hilarious watching you concoct your dumbass theory. Continue on dipshit! :tu

Winehole23
12-12-2021, 12:11 AM
You seemed fine as wine about it when deaths were being celebrated as long as they were conservatives.

Cue "I wasn't fine, I just didn't see it or didn't have any comments, couldn't find a tweet that expressed my opinions"like who?

the Air Force security trainer (and Iraq veteran) who tried to break into an secured area of the US Capitol on Jan 6th?

had Babbitt been the defender she would have shot too, tbh.

HemisfairArena
12-12-2021, 12:43 AM
Back to the 1880s.

*fingers crossed*

Winehole23
12-12-2021, 12:45 AM
*fingers crossed*bet you do.

thanks for being honest :tu

HemisfairArena
12-12-2021, 12:46 AM
bet you do.

thanks for being honest :tu

you got it, slick.

Winehole23
12-12-2021, 12:47 AM
Jim Crow good again.

HemisfairArena
12-12-2021, 12:47 AM
Jim Crow good again.

Thats what Hillary tells me.

Winehole23
12-12-2021, 12:54 AM
Thats what Hillary tells me.How so?

HemisfairArena
12-12-2021, 12:54 AM
How so?

Robert Byrd was her idol.

DMC
12-12-2021, 12:56 AM
like who?

the Air Force security trainer (and Iraq veteran) who tried to break into an secured area of the US Capitol on Jan 6th?

Hundreds of thousands of COVID deaths. Don't get amnesia suddenly while the thread is still warm.

ChumpDumper
12-12-2021, 12:57 AM
Robert Byrd was her idol.Which Jim Crow laws do you have Senator Robert Byrd supporting?

Show your quotes.

HemisfairArena
12-12-2021, 12:58 AM
Which Jim Crow laws do you have Senator Robert Byrd supporting?

Show your quotes.

Prove Robert Byrd wasnt in the Clan...Ill wait for your response.

ChumpDumper
12-12-2021, 01:01 AM
Prove Robert Byrd wasnt in the Clan...Ill wait for your response.He was in the Klan and he later renounced everything about it.

If you don't believe in redemption as Christians claim, I accept that.

Show your quotes.

I am waiting for your response.

HemisfairArena
12-12-2021, 01:05 AM
He was in the Klan and he later renounced everything about it.

If you don't believe in redemption as Christians claim, I accept that.

Im not a christian. Try again. And Jim Crow laws are in line with the clan. That is fact. Why do you liberal forgive and forget when its one of your own but nail the person to the cross when its a republican

Show your quotes.

I am waiting for your response.

ChumpDumper
12-12-2021, 01:12 AM
Im not a christian. Try again. And Jim Crow laws are in line with the clan. That is fact. Why do you liberal forgive and forget when its one of your own but nail the person to the cross when its a republicanI think Byrd evolved on race over the course of his career, especially after the death of his son. I would give full credit to any Republican who did the same, but most of the racist Democrats ended up becoming Republicans so they wouldn't have to change the way Byrd did.

Why didn't they change like Byrd?

This answer will count if you don't shit yourself and try to change the subject again.

Winehole23
12-12-2021, 01:25 AM
Sen. Byrd was jejune as a young man, thought he had to be a Klansman to get ahead in West Virginia in what, the 1930s and 40s? The 1920s and 1930s were pretty much the high water mark for the Klan in the USA in terms of membership.

Winehole23
12-12-2021, 02:17 AM
like who?

lol white knighting "conservatives" breaking into secured government facilities to interrupt constitutionally mandated business

Winehole23
12-12-2021, 03:01 PM
Same vein, only the degree of political violence differs

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FGaCx3zX0AkYBt9?format=jpg&name=medium