PDA

View Full Version : Jake Paul fight rigged?

benefactor
12-19-2021, 03:23 PM
Boxing fans have claimed Jake Paul's victory over Tyron Woodley on Saturday was rigged to let the YouTuber win after spotting an alleged signal from the former to hit the deck.

Paul claimed victory in Tampa via a brutal right hand in round six that left former UFC star Woodley, who lost to the streaming star via split decision back in August, floored after the blow.

But video footage from the rematch shows Paul appearing to twist his right glove in what looks like a signal to his opponent, just seconds before Woodley hit the deck.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-10325999/Fans-claim-Jake-Pauls-brutal-win-Tyron-Woodley-FIXED-spotting-alleged-hand-signal.html

Chucho
12-20-2021, 11:12 AM
Probably not, but it would make purists and butt-hurt MMA fans smile.

FrostKing
12-20-2021, 11:36 AM
https://i.ibb.co/LYm4k5p/93ea2bce28bd8696e3fedd4f4561d549.jpg

Thanos
12-20-2021, 11:42 AM
Has this Jake Paul guy fought an actual boxer yet? Or does he do the Floyd Gayweather thing of ducking real challengers and only boxing someone he knows won’t put up a fight.

Trill Clinton
12-20-2021, 12:21 PM
Nope. Paul is a legit boxer and everyone is seeing the skill gap in boxing vs mma and striking. Not saying Paul would beat a real boxer, though. He can continue making millions fighting washed up MMA wrestlers and 40 yr old former athletes, but if he's going to take it serious he needs to fight a boxer.

Chucho
12-20-2021, 12:57 PM
Has this Jake Paul guy fought an actual boxer yet? Or does he do the Floyd Gayweather thing of ducking real challengers and only boxing someone he knows won’t put up a fight.

He's not a real boxer, none of his fights are for rankings. It's exhibition fights and, at it's core, is a new thing to combat sports, but the people LOVE it and it gives MMA fighters real pay days they won't/don't get fighting in Dana White's wannabe WWE.

UFC tried cross over stuff a few times. It worked with Lesnar, they fell on their ass with CM Punk. No different here with celebrity/established athlete exhibition boxing.

But, the "has Paul ever fought a REAL boxer?!" rhetoric is the crutch for the butt-hurt MMA fanboys who hate seeing this get shine.

koriwhat
12-20-2021, 03:50 PM
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-10325999/Fans-claim-Jake-Pauls-brutal-win-Tyron-Woodley-FIXED-spotting-alleged-hand-signal.html

Slip into Jake's FB DM's bro and ask him if he rigged the fight. You love sliding into the DM's of those men you stalk on FB anyhow so what's another dude to add to your hit list?

koriwhat
12-20-2021, 03:53 PM

The answer is no but who cares? I don't consider this real boxing because of that mere fact but still it's entertaining and just like when I was in boxing for nothing more than working out the MMA guys who came through couldn't hang in or outside the ring. They were pathetic in their conditioning and execution but that's not to say all MMA fighters are the same.

Reck
12-20-2021, 07:02 PM
just like when I was in boxing

:lmao

Calf tats wants people to believe his scrawny, meth riddled body was ever in boxing shape.

Chucho
12-20-2021, 09:05 PM

Calf tats wants people to believe his scrawny, meth riddled body was ever in boxing shape.

He decided to go the opposite route of the typical ST life-story of riches and bitches, he's so angry, he threatens stitches.

benefactor
12-21-2021, 12:29 AM
I'm a fan of both sports...and I'm glad to see this new crop of boxers show generate some interest in the sport again. Its been too long.

That said, It was painfully fucking obvious Woodley dropped his hand after Paul loaded up on that punch. He's been in a ton of fights. You can't tell me he didn't see that shot coming. Woodley doesn't have a career anymore. He signed on for the check, agreeing to get dropped. Hell, I'd take that payday too if he wanted to knock me the fuck out.

Paul fights are no different than pro wrestling tbh

FrostKing
12-21-2021, 12:33 AM
I'm a fan of both sports...and I'm glad to see this new crop of boxers show generate some interest in the sport again. Its been too long.

That said, It was painfully fucking obvious Woodley dropped his hand after Paul loaded up on that punch. He's been in a ton of fights. You can't tell me he didn't see that shot coming. Woodley doesn't have a career anymore. He signed on for the check, agreeing to get dropped. Hell, I'd take that payday too if he wanted to knock me the fuck out.

Paul fights are no different than pro wrestling tbh
Based on how much he dragged his feet on the tattoo thing from the 1st fight, I just don't see him agreeing to be humiliated like that. Alot of people actually believed the 1st fight result was incorrect and excused Woodley from the loss.

benefactor
12-21-2021, 12:38 AM
Based on how much he dragged his feet on the tattoo thing from the 1st fight, I just don't see him agreeing to be humiliated like that. Alot of people actually believed the 1st fight result was incorrect and excused Woodley from the loss.
Well he's not making money fighting anymore and all money is green. I mean...he had his fucking guard up and dropped the hand just as he swung. What experienced fighter does that? And he did even really engage the whole fight. I actually turned the fucking thing off just before the knockout happened. I was tired of watching Woodley do nothing. But there was a reason for that...he wasn't there to win.

koriwhat
12-21-2021, 04:50 AM

Poor Reck is a jealous pussy... Not a good look on you ya scrub.

You wouldn't had lasted half a second at the gym I went to and sparred in tbh.

Btw, meth riddled is a weird fantasy of yours I take it.

Chucho
12-21-2021, 02:42 PM
Well he's not making money fighting anymore and all money is green. I mean...he had his fucking guard up and dropped the hand just as he swung. What experienced fighter does that? And he did even really engage the whole fight. I actually turned the fucking thing off just before the knockout happened. I was tired of watching Woodley do nothing. But there was a reason for that...he wasn't there to win.

So you're going conspirtard on this?

benefactor
12-21-2021, 02:50 PM
So you're going conspirtard on this?
I'm just having a hard time understanding why he would drop his left like that...especially when a blind man could see that punch coming the way he loaded up

ChumpDumper
12-21-2021, 02:52 PM
So you're going conspirtard on this?I mean, it's exhibition boxing....

benefactor
12-21-2021, 03:51 PM
I mean, it's exhibition boxing....
Exactly. The under card had Deron Williams vs Frank Gore:lol

Chucho
12-21-2021, 04:10 PM
Exactly. The under card had Deron Williams vs Frank Gore:lol

And? This isn't new. We've seen Nate Robinson fight and so many other ex-athletes from other sports.

Chucho
12-21-2021, 04:10 PM
I mean, it's exhibition boxing....

What's your theory?

ChumpDumper
12-21-2021, 05:49 PM
What's your theory?My theory is boxing is one of the easier sports to fix, especially when it's just a meaningless hype match between very rich and not-as-rich-as-they-once-were opponents. I don't know about this particular match. Maybe Paul is amazing; one would think he'd start boxing for real after all these matches with not boxers.

benefactor
12-21-2021, 06:51 PM
Think about...Jake Paul is on his ascent. Woodley, outside of possibly a few matches in fringe promotions, is done being a legitimate contender. It's an easy check for Woodley and a chance for Paul to brag more about beating up ball players and washed UFC fighters. Furthermore, how many boxing KO's have you seen where the guys just falls flat on face like Ric Flair? But that aside the dropping of the hand so he could connect the shot is the most damning thing. Guys that drop their guard will usually drop both hands.

I think it takes more faith to believe this was legit than to believe it wasn't.

MultiTroll
12-21-2021, 08:31 PM
^ this guy knows his boxing.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/416vY72xsfL._SX300_QL70_.jpg

Chucho
12-22-2021, 12:38 PM
Think about...Jake Paul is on his ascent. Woodley, outside of possibly a few matches in fringe promotions, is done being a legitimate contender. It's an easy check for Woodley and a chance for Paul to brag more about beating up ball players and washed UFC fighters. Furthermore, how many boxing KO's have you seen where the guys just falls flat on face like Ric Flair? But that aside the dropping of the hand so he could connect the shot is the most damning thing. Guys that drop their guard will usually drop both hands.

I think it takes more faith to believe this was legit than to believe it wasn't.

If it was that obvious, there'd be far more people all over this than the amount of people not going down this route. Won't lie, not gonna dive into online sources looking for proof, but comfortable knowing legit sources like The Ring and even more, ex bitter pro boxers would be all over this.

spurraider21
12-22-2021, 05:50 PM
maybe an mma guy with wrestling background just isnt a very sound boxer?

DMC
12-26-2021, 02:30 AM
Street Beefs is better than this pseudo WWF/Boxing show

BD24
12-27-2021, 03:09 PM
I don’t think it was rigged. Woodley is 40 years old and not a good boxer. In mma he had power, but his actually boxing wasn’t great. On top of that he was on a major skid in mma before taking these fights. A lot of woodleys mma success was predicated on being a very explosive/powerful athlete. Once that faded it was done for him.

Glad he was able to get some big paychecks here on his way out the door though

SpursforSix
12-27-2021, 03:14 PM
Street Beefs is better than this pseudo WWF/Boxing show

Bend over, I'll fucking give you street beef