PDA

View Full Version : Thirty games in, who are your current favorite Spurs’ players?

Dejounte
12-24-2021, 11:31 AM
This isn’t a thread about who has the highest trade value— it’s about who you enjoy watching the most.

For me, these are my top four:

1) Murray - His growth has been something to behold. Sure, there are many nights where it’s clank, clank, clank, but on most nights you can see the impact in other areas. People think a bad shooting night means a bad night. Sorry, the game isn’t all about scoring. Basketball is more than that and DJ has vastly improved on his passing and 3 point shooting. It’s also hard to find another point guard in the NBA who plays defense as well as he does while being competent on offense.

2) White - If you asked me this during the first 20 games, White would land in my top five worst. He has flipped the script since then. This version of White is unrecognizable. He’s oozing with confidence and doing everything on the court with no hesitation. I do hope it stays this way and that he stays injury-free. Eventually, I see Primo taking over but if White maintains this level of play that can be seen as nothing but good. It means Primo or anyone else would have to elevate their game and compete with White for minutes. That’s a good bar to set. If our next franchise player is a SG and didn’t have to earn their spot on the team, I feel their ceiling would not be as high. White will be a fantastic bridge to the future if he isn’t already the future.

3) Landale - From the limited minutes, Jock has been a joy to watch. It’s a relief to finally watch the bench not look like a dysfunctional group because the center doesn’t know how to play basketball. Great pickup by the Spurs.

4) Primo - I’ve watched all but one Austin Spurs game and it’s all because of Primo. Sure, he’s not efficient but there’s something about his game that’s aesthetically pleasing. Excited about his future.

Sugus
12-24-2021, 12:21 PM
Stock answers remain Lonnie and Poeltl. I have a thing for flawed, potential-filled-nonetheless players, it's just my type and so easy to root for.

Beyond them, DJ has been a treat to watch. One player I was surprised to enjoy watching as much as I have is Vassell. I'm still not the most "believer" in him, and he's struggling atm, but that's just part of the ride, isn't it? He plays the game in a very innteresting, cerebral way, I'd love to see what he'll do in a couple of years.

koriwhat
12-24-2021, 12:23 PM
Keldon has been my fav for the past 2 yrs now only because he takes no shit and bulldozes through the competition. His 3 pt shot is money these days and he's nothing but hustle.

I agree with you on Murray. I was hesitant to think he'd come in this season and jump another level or two but he's proven me wrong and I am glad about that. He is def the Spurs leader rn and rightfully so.

BD24
12-24-2021, 12:26 PM
DJ and Keldon. Coming around on Primo as well. He is honestly further along in his development than I thought he would be this year

Dejounte
12-24-2021, 12:28 PM
Stock answers remain Lonnie and Poeltl. I have a thing for flawed, potential-filled-nonetheless players, it's just my type and so easy to root for.

Beyond them, DJ has been a treat to watch. One player I was surprised to enjoy watching as much as I have is Vassell. I'm still not the most "believer" in him, and he's struggling atm, but that's just part of the ride, isn't it? He plays the game in a very innteresting, cerebral way, I'd love to see what he'll do in a couple of years.

Lonnie is for sure creeping up my list. That behind the back pass last night was beautiful. If he keeps it up for eight more games, I’m gonna think he’s forreal.

ginobilized
12-24-2021, 12:33 PM
Very similar to OP.

DJ- is blowing my mind. Super fun to watch on both ends of the floor.
DW- so crafty and is making the game look easy at times. He and DJ make their teammates better, and, more fun to watch.
Landale- He plays the game so well and opens up the floor for everyone.
Primo- he has "something" that is hard to measure. It will be fun to watch him develop.
Poetl-just for his offensive rebounding, screen setting and dirty work approach. Dude runs the floor. Remember Aldridge jogging the floor, that always bothered me.

Honorable Mention with apologies to the haters

Pop-I enjoy watching him coach this group. He goes "Serbian" and then gets grandfatherly. He is as engaged as I have ever seen. If this squad makes a playoff run, he has to be in the COY conversation.

Larry O
12-24-2021, 12:38 PM
Thanks D for the post! I'm starting to like LW4'S game, as it seems that he is finally connecting the dots, as he's now reaping the benefits he's earned from his time with Manu! His confidence is gaining ground and his consistency seems to be coming around, too! Learning from one of the best sixth man players in the league, seems to be finally paying off. If Lonnie can continue to work with Manu and play at this level as well as to continue to grow, perhaps he can resign with the Spurs, and become that needed spark off the bench that Ginobili was. Or if not, perhaps he could sign elsewhere and have a successful career. He's homegrown; he's a Spur, and I'm selfish, so I would like for him to stay. GSG!!!

exstatic
12-24-2021, 01:05 PM
Keldon
Vassell
White
DJ
McD

jjspur
12-24-2021, 01:24 PM
Murray has always been a decent player but it seems he's taken a big leap as the leading scorer and the the leader of this team. White, Vassell, and Lonnie are taking steps in the right direction as well. Landale has looked like he could be sneaky good if given playing time and now he is. Good deal mate! Feel better about this years team than last years. After whooping the Fakers, who knows, maybe a playoff contender. Go Spurs Go. :spin

TDomination
12-24-2021, 01:36 PM
Murray by far. I’m enjoying seeing his improvements and also the passion he plays with. For me, he’s a lot of fun to watch.

2nd for me would be vassel. I believe he can turn into something special and enjoy seeing him play overall. I hope he continues to improve as the year goes on and he gets more and more minutes.

KingKev
12-24-2021, 01:41 PM
DJ, Keldon, Vassell, Tre Jones and to a lesser extent Jak. DJ has been my favourite Spur since 2017. He built different. No one else on this roster moves the needle for me. All rounding errors to me.

White and Walker I’m selling hard. Don’t see what you all see in Primo.

Seventyniner
12-24-2021, 01:51 PM
Staying on the "favorite to watch" theme:

DJM - You can see the work he has put in every offseason and it's really coming together. He hasn't let his increased offensive responsibilities take away from his defense either. And lol counting stats but I like the triple-double watch.

Poeltl - I like watching off-the-ball action and dirty work plays, and Poeltl excels at both. His offensive rebounding creates lots of broken play pseudo-transition opportunities too.

Primo - Mostly in the G-League, but I find myself watching him more closely than any individual big club player. This is the homer in me talking, but he has the potential to be a cornerstone.

Keldon - He has tempered his style of play and is much closer to a good balance between driving and shooting now. He also seems to have the best chemistry with the team, along with DJM. I've seen Keldon's name in trade ideas and while I'd move him for the right price, it would take a lot.

MannyIsGod
12-24-2021, 01:54 PM
Keldon. Love the way he plays. I can't imagine a Keldon teammate every saying something bad about him.

Honestly though, I really love most of this team. The young core that has grown together is just special. Its been a really cool experience watching them all togehter and I know it will probably change soon, but I'm enjoying it now.

SPURt
12-24-2021, 02:00 PM
I know it’s unpopular, but Lonnie is fun to watch. He does things athletically that are special.

Dverde
12-24-2021, 02:03 PM
Dejounte, Vasell, McBuckets. Poodle needs to get his FT percentage up. No one in the league should be that low.

TDomination
12-24-2021, 02:12 PM
Keldon. Love the way he plays. I can't imagine a Keldon teammate every saying something bad about him.

Honestly though, I really love most of this team. The young core that has grown together is just special. Its been a really cool experience watching them all togehter and I know it will probably change soon, but I'm enjoying it now.

agreed!

Chinook
12-24-2021, 02:19 PM
Walker, KBD, Young

Biggems
12-24-2021, 02:44 PM
Since I love defense far more than offense......Poeltl is my favorite player on the team. I also really like Vassell.

r0drig0lac
12-24-2021, 03:29 PM
since your first day, DJ..and that's it.

daslicer
12-24-2021, 04:02 PM
Dejounte has amazed me with his improved playmaking skills. I have been surprised quite a few times this year when he's able to run a play and set up someone to score an easy bucket. There was one play last night where it looked like he was going to drive to the hole for a lay-up and the Lakers thought the same only for him to make the right past that set up someone else to score.

D-Robinson 50 fan
12-24-2021, 04:23 PM
Keldon = Last season Patty and Keldon were my favorite guys on the team. Since Mills is gone then by default Keldon takes over the spot as my favorite. I love his unbridled joy for playing the game. His effort overall is infectious and something I’m sure every fan of any sport can appreciate. You never have to worry about Keldon not giving his all when you go to watch a SPURS game and that’s something I truly love. I’m very happy to see that he is really getting better at shooting jumpers and isn’t afraid (or 2nd guessing) to let it fly when he is open. The guy is a great finisher at the rim and seeks out contact against defenders which is something we really need offensively. He should definitely be shooting more free throws a game than he does but I honestly think that is coming very soon with more games under his belt. He is coming along very nicely on the offensive side of the ball. Defensively he gives great effort but ball watches a bit too much when off the ball which can be maddening to watch. He always competes though and he tries his hardest to guard bigger players and tends to get away with being at least solid 1 on 1 due to sheer energy. He has a ways to go defensively to be solid but he isn’t totally awful when locked in.

Vassell = he was the guy I openly wanted us to draft in the class he was picked in. I think he still has a ways to go to become a complete offensive player but I love his defense and shooting. Not too mention the guy has supreme confidence in his game and (knows how to play a role) he had it from day 1 and that’s one of the reasons he got real run as a rookie last season. I think if he keeps working on his handle he could become an even better offensive player (if he doesn’t get better he is still a good role player) and I look forward to his continued growth.

Jakob = I love that he has really shown what he is capable of as an offensive player this season. He has great touch around the hoop and further out with his little floaters and push shots. It’s crazy how soft his touch is with those push shots at the distance he shoots them. Him consistently hitting those shots makes me feel that his free throw shooting problems is mostly mental. He has also shown that he is a very good passer as a big man and makes good decisions with the ball most of the time. Defensively the guy is our most important player and really does a good job of bailing out the gambling style of some of our wing defenders. In my opinion he is the most important and irreplaceable player overall on the team

I'm extremely proud of Murray taking on the leadership role and playing so well early and I’m happy Lonnie is playing better defensively and being more aggressive offensively. I’m happy Derrick is starting to turn shit around offensively but above are my 3 favorite guys currently on the team.

D-Robinson 50 fan
12-24-2021, 04:31 PM
I also want to say I’m enjoying Pop and the way he is coaching these guys. I really hope he gets the wins record this season and we overachieve a bit more than many expect. Of course I don’t want us to make the playoffs (or even play in game) because I do think we still need more top tier talent but I wouldn’t be mad if we did make the playoffs or play in.

it would definitely help shut up a lot of folks who have hidden agendas bashing the old man. He definitely has his faults as a coach but the guy knows what the hell he is doing and is good at doing the job

ambchang
12-24-2021, 04:36 PM
Walker is fun to watch, ultra athletic and has that scorer's mentality. Does stupid things all the time and his defensive instincts have a lot to be desired, but he is so fun to watch.

Vassell - Almost opposite of Walker, great position, has some athleticism but he knows the game well

Murray is clearly the Spurs best player

White - Spurs win when he has a good game, lose when he doesn't.

The Spurs just have an entire team of 3rd options.

PhantomDashCam
12-24-2021, 05:21 PM
DW - Even when struggling with shooting and confidence, DW’s defensive instincts and versatility allow him to positively impact the game on most nights. He can legitimately guard 1 through 3 (and some 4s), on and off ball. His floater and passing game are elite and when his shot is on, I would argue he’s one of the most enjoyable two-way players to watch in the entire association.

DJ - After taking a huge leap last year to end the “Is he a PG?” debate seemingly for good, DJ took his game to even higher heights this year by stamping his signature on a Spurs team looking for a leader, an identity and it’s overall best player. DJ has firmly entered All-Star discussions and even scarier still, looks to still be expanding his game skill and intellect wise. Want a sample of the complete DJ experience? Watch the 4th quarter masterclass in the road win against Milwaukee from earlier this season.

Jakob Poeltl - If DJ is the team’s best player, Jakob’s is it’s MVP. Poeltl’s game isn’t pretty at times but damn is it effective. Becoming one of the league’s premier P’nR threats, the screens and re-screens on multiple plays, the last line of defence shot altering deterrents; the list goes on and on… When Poeltl doesn’t play or doesn’t play well for that matter, the Spurs struggle to stay in games.

slick'81
12-24-2021, 06:25 PM
Easy,Poodle Power!

KobesAchilles
12-24-2021, 06:28 PM
Still Gino

Manong Ginobili
12-24-2021, 07:08 PM
1. El Quatro is probably the most fun to watch, because of the chaos and it's interesting that Manu is mentoring him. Still waiting for a game similar to that Houston game a few years ago where he exploded in front of Harden and crew.

2. Dejounte - slick watching him on the court. The fact that he is an all around offensive and defensive threat is what makes him special. Just hoping for more consistency (he probably had the worst shooting night in last night's blowout against the Lakers)

3. Landale - seems to do a lot in limited minutes. hopes he locks in the back up 5 role as he has steady production and floor spacing.

Special one game mention:

KBD - how can you go perfect from 3 with that form?!

GAustex
12-24-2021, 07:24 PM
Just glad DDR is gone
Wish pop was gone
The rest of the team except Forbes is likable

exstatic
12-24-2021, 08:01 PM
DJ, Keldon, Vassell, Tre Jones and to a lesser extent Jak. DJ has been my favourite Spur since 2017. He built different. No one else on this roster moves the needle for me. All rounding errors to me.

White and Walker I’m selling hard. Don’t see what you all see in Primo.

In one of the preseason games, Primo had the ball above the break on the left side, did a jab step dribble, crossed over moving backwards, and nailed a step back 3. That’s not something you see from many 18 YOs on any level, let alone at the NBA level.

spurraider21
12-24-2021, 08:12 PM
Murray, Jak, Vassell

Seventyniner
12-24-2021, 10:24 PM
In one of the preseason games, Primo had the ball above the break on the left side, did a jab step dribble, crossed over moving backwards, and nailed a step back 3. That’s not something you see from many 18 YOs on any level, let alone at the NBA level.

Agreed, that was hella impressive.

I think we're just starting to see players in the league who grew up trying to imitate Curry in their pre-teen years. Primo was 12 when Curry and the Warriors climbed the mountain in 2014-2015. Before Curry, maybe the Rockets version of Harden, players just didn't make moves like that.

And with DDR we saw first-hand how a not-so-old dog refused to learn new tricks (shooting threes). I think the league-wide increase in 3PAr is going to continue for a while.

emanueldavidginobili
12-24-2021, 11:06 PM
DJ
Devin
Primo
White/Lonnie/Jakob

lefty
12-24-2021, 11:13 PM
DJ because unlike most of you farmers I’ve always believed in him

Vassell

KJ

Primo

Portal

Slippy
12-25-2021, 12:08 AM
DWhite everybody else second except Bryn. Always have a soft spot for the underrated or under-utilised as in Lonnie and Jock .

DeRozan m8
12-25-2021, 01:30 AM
Jock was my fave player in his season in the Australia league.

Couldn't believe my luck when the Spurs signed him

Still my fave

RC_Drunkford
12-25-2021, 01:10 PM
DJ is definitely my favorite player on this team.
I really enjoy aggressive Lonnie Walker and he seems to finally put it together. He just got so much untapped potential.
Would love to see more Primo, he’s just super exciting.
Like to see what Jock can bring to the team and I like him a lot.

I‘m not really ranking them, I enjoy watching this team as long as Eubanks and Forbes ain’t on the court

8sy21vd
12-26-2021, 02:31 PM
In descending order:

Fathead Jr.--team player who sacrifices body on defense, slick passer and finisher, can do a bit of everything.
DJM--tremendous growth and leadership from his early days, aggression, great attitude.
Vassell--Potential 2-way star. Seems to have the prototype skill set and physical attributes to excel.
Jock--What's not to like.
KJ--Energy, energy and energy.
Poetl--Much improved finishing on the offensive end and great team defender.
LW4--Smooth offensive style and effortless jump shot.
Forbes--Comedic relief.

koriwhat
12-27-2021, 09:03 AM
Change of tune... Landale just because since he's seen real minutes he's catapulted the Spurs to another level.

John B
12-27-2021, 10:42 AM
I like to say DJM, but I’ve been waiting for Jock to play all season and he does not disappoint. And Jock checks off ALL the things that the Spurs have been looking for the last couple of years, rebound, hassle, big body to box out, motor, range, and finally he’s playing. Just a pure joy to finally watch Jock play.

DJM is transcending his game to the next level and as the head of the snake. Without a doubt he has the most “dog-attitude” and willingness to carry the team.

After last game, I’ll put Keldon in 3rd. I never doubted his “dog attitude,” and I know he likes to punish the rim every time, but when he starts hitting consistent 3’s, he becomes a totally different beast. Playing the SF might not be a long-shot for Keldon after all.

Diop. I know at #4 is a little too high for everybody, but Diop is playing great as a starting PF, and could be the answer to Keldon sliding to the SF position. Diop can shoot the 3, can defend bigger PF, rebound, put backs, switch coverages. Diop can do all the little things to allow the Spurs to play better defense and slide to their natural positions, and he can also score! Diop can easily be a Diaw who completes the puzzle (might be a stretch to some :lol).

Poeltl’s offense is really a significant factor this season. I like that he continues to cut strong to the basket and make those floaters. I see him playing aggressive, at times even dunking the ball. But if you watch Jock play, one probably wishes he’s 7 footer. I leave it at that.

White. I wish I could put him higher. He is very skilled, very fluid, those spin moves are Tony-esque. If he plays consistent, without a doubt Spurs are well-above a playoff team. I need him to be agry. I need him to demand the ball more and take over games. I think if he really wants it, we’re talking about Derrick as the leader of this team, instead of DJM. Now I wish he could at least be a Mario Elie.

Primo does not disappoint. The kid is a young “Iceman,” just ice flowing in his veins. He is not afraid of the moment, and probably think he’s 28 instead of 18.

Lonnie could be very high, if he were consistent. I think he’s earned his contract as the 6th man, just hopefully nobody’s fool enough to offer him starter’s salary, because he could be very exciting to watch. I’m still hopeful Manu continues to work with him.

Devin is my favorite young player still, but somehow he hit the wall this season. He still has the smoothest shots, and he seems to float on air, plus Spurs’ potential lockdown defender. Like Derrick, I like this kid to be angry, don’t settle for anything less. Devin could easily be the starting SF if he wanted to.

Tre is a pure PG, and one of the better bball IQ in the squad. You know the play will run smoothly with him on the court, like an extension of Pop. He’s not scared to attack the rim if necessary. If this kid figures out how to shoot the 3, damn.

McBucket. Last night was a natural fit for him at SG. Why do knockdown shooters are so bad with defense, like a punter even? Is it because they only practice shooting? But all I ask whenever he’s in is to shoot it at 40%, and not be shy about it. I’ll put Forbes in here to save a space.

That’s how I would rank them from my favorite to least, based on their performance so far. Ewwbanks, meh. I thought he was going to start shooting the 3 at the start of the season. I think Coach Chip gave up on that :lol

rjv
12-27-2021, 11:12 AM
with last night's route, the spurs became the only team outside of the top five in the west with a + point differential.

Dex
12-27-2021, 12:26 PM
I would only be repeating the same sentiments that have already been shared, but yeah...my top 3 right now are probably Murray, Poeltl, and White. Jock may be vying for a spot if he keeps this up.

Watching Murray grow into the alpha has been impressive. White has turned it around after a sluggish start and is playing his most confident basketball in what feels like years. Poeltl is worth every dime of his contract even if he isn't putting up 20 points a night.

I'm still on the fence with Lonnie...he has looked much better recently, so he is starting to turn me around.

McBuckets has shown pretty much what I expected. Shooting 40%+ on threes on 5 attempts per game. Moves well and cuts hard, reminiscent of Belinelli. Not great on defense, but also not as bad as advertised.

Vassell has shown great potential on both sides of the floor, just needs to let his game mature and he will be a valuable player in this league within the next year or two.

Landale has probably been the most pleasant surprise this season so far...after dealing with concussion protocols, COVID protocols, and the standard GLeague delegation...he has come in and immediately made a difference. Can't wait to watch him play more. Hopefully, Primo is on the same train.

Overall, I'm just pleased by the progress of this young team. We all knew the schedule was brutal in the first 10-15 games, so we shouldn't have been surprised at the slow start. Even then, those games were mostly competitive which we all should recognize as a good sign despite the poor record.

As the season has progressed, the defense has gotten better and the offense is actually reaching record peaks. Very impressive from a young team that was basically starting from scratch after their old system (a.k.a. throw the ball in to Aldridge or DeRozan, let Patty shoot threes) was scrapped.

Ed Helicopter Jones
12-27-2021, 12:30 PM
I've loved watching the whole team. It's really a "team" which is so rare in the NBA these days.

Amazing that our only 30 point scorer this year is Bates-Diop, who averages like 3-4 pts per game. Pretty cool.

Gone are the days of watching DDR dribble out 17 seconds of the shot clock, or seeing Patty come in and play hero-ball. This team has been so fun to watch.

Sugus
12-27-2021, 03:08 PM
I've loved watching the whole team. It's really a "team" which is so rare in the NBA these days.

Amazing that our only 30 point scorer this year is Bates-Diop, who averages like 3-4 pts per game. Pretty cool.

Gone are the days of watching DDR dribble out 17 seconds of the shot clock, or seeing Patty come in and play hero-ball. This team has been so fun to watch.

For sure. It's such a breath of fresh air. Even the close 4th quarter losses the team had earlier in the season, which were painful - it's so much more entertaining to watch the group try out new things, learn from mistakes, and get better for it, than it was to just know the ball was going to DeRozan in the 4th, for a dribble-double fake- contested midrange shot which clanked more often than not. The un-predictability alone is great.

I'll take this chance and rib at my guy Dex, who was seen during the first 10-15 games' gamethreads, joking around that the team was "expectedly" worse off without DDR, Gay, Mills, and "this is what y'all wanted", and stuff :tongue. Turns out the team's just as good, if not even better, at least ceiling wise... I wouldn't be surprised to see them make the play-in and even playoffs at this rate.

Dex
12-27-2021, 03:16 PM
I'll take this chance and rib at my guy Dex, who was seen during the first 10-15 games' gamethreads, joking around that the team was "expectedly" worse off without DDR, Gay, Mills, and "this is what y'all wanted", and stuff :tongue. Turns out the team's just as good, if not even better, at least ceiling wise... I wouldn't be surprised to see them make the play-in and even playoffs at this rate.

Guilty as charged. :lol

I failed to see how the team was going to pick up the scoring gap when players who accounted for like 50% of our scoring left (albeit on high usage), especially when some of our guys started off looking out of sorts.

The answer seems to be by committee. Spurs currently have 7 players averaging double-figures...I'm too lazy to look but that has to be close to the top in the NBA. Forbes isn't far behind at 8.1, and then you've got guys like Jock or KBD or Primo who could pop off for 15-20 points at any time.

I'm man enough to admit I'm wrong when the results are this fun to watch.

rogcl1
12-27-2021, 03:41 PM

This. Some folks seem to have their favorites but at the expense of others. This "TEAM" for the most part has been fun to watch.

Dejounte
12-27-2021, 03:48 PM
Speaking of the team, no one else is glad none of the players play dirty as fuck and/or are primadonnas? I am glad I’m not a Lakers or Mavericks fan. Such entitled pieces of shit.

Maddog
12-27-2021, 08:10 PM
Speaking of the team, no one else is glad none of the players play dirty as fuck and/or are primadonnas? I am glad I’m not a Lakers or Mavericks fan. Such entitled pieces of shit.

I was just going to say I really like this team. Probably my favorite in a while. Doesn't seem to be an Donkey's Butt among them.
To date they are on a pace to really surprise me. I predicted mid 20s win total-but at present rate maybe mid 30s

Player wise
Got to be DJM
18 points and 8+ rebounds and assists. Not just that but low turnovers, great decision making. I didn't see this coming. The leadership was always there, but it's more impactful with his great play.
The rest, I go back and forth- KJs energy and new found 3 point shooting. White with his somewhat unique style, Devin's potential, KBD career persistence...
Poeltl and now Jock.
Heck even Lonnie is starting to win me over.

CGD
12-27-2021, 08:12 PM
DJs tragectory has been fun to watch. Love the players who continue to work and add to their games despite some inherent limitations.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
12-27-2021, 08:33 PM
Vassell, primo, poeltl, djm, keldon

Jock?

Sugus
12-27-2021, 09:43 PM
Guilty as charged. :lol

I failed to see how the team was going to pick up the scoring gap when players who accounted for like 50% of our scoring left (albeit on high usage), especially when some of our guys started off looking out of sorts.

The answer seems to be by committee. Spurs currently have 7 players averaging double-figures...I'm too lazy to look but that has to be close to the top in the NBA. Forbes isn't far behind at 8.1, and then you've got guys like Jock or KBD or Primo who could pop off for 15-20 points at any time.

I'm man enough to admit I'm wrong when the results are this fun to watch.

Yeah, I myself am still not convinced by any "committee" offense, I don't really see it standing up through multiple playoff runs. You need a guy who can be "that guy" and step over consistently, which was a revelation to see DJ try to become. The team as-is is very balanced, but I'd love for them to get another top pick this season in order to "round out" the young core and get a big man prospect who can be offensively reliable (we really lack that in bigs).

Definitely more fun to watch than any of the DeRozan years teams, even without that guy, though. At this point, I'm team "let the chips fall where they may" and let the ceiling of this team, wether playoffs or lottery, sort itself out.

SanAntonioSpurs23
12-29-2021, 05:46 AM
None really.