PDA

View Full Version : President Joe Biden's White House refused an October plan by COVID-19 testing experts to put some 732 million at-home tests in the hands of the public, a Vanity Fair report said Friday

ducks
12-24-2021, 07:50 PM
President Joe Biden's White House refused an October plan by COVID-19 testing experts to put some 732 million at-home tests in the hands of the public, a Vanity Fair report said Friday.

According to the report, which included a Zoom meeting and 10-page plan from October, authored by the COVID Collaborative, a group of several COVID testing expert organizations, said the country needed a "bold" plan to send out some 732 million tests per month for the disease before the holiday season to reduce family gathering outbreaks.

"The plan, in effect, was a blueprint for how to avoid what is happening at this very moment — endless lines of desperate Americans clamoring for tests in order to safeguard holiday gatherings, just as COVID-19 is exploding again," Vanity Fair reported.

The Biden administration, however, told the experts who authored the report that the idea was "dead" just days after the virtual meeting and report's release.

"The White House, in baseball terms, was playing small ball," meeting attendee Dr. Steven Phillips, a vice president of science and strategy for the COVID Collaborative, a team of high-level experts working to develop consensus recommendations for policy makers, told Vanity Fair. "When it comes to rapid testing, they're bunting the players along."

The report comes after long lines of people throughout the country went to get tested prior to holiday travel, with some waiting hours to find out if they were infected as the new omicron variant sweeps through the nation, increasing the number of new COVID-19 cases above previous pandemic levels in many places.

ChumpDumper
12-24-2021, 08:04 PM
testing good now

MultiTroll
12-24-2021, 10:24 PM
ducks reading Vanity Fair. :lol

Are you coming out of the closet on XMass eve?

ducks
12-24-2021, 10:34 PM
No my oldest son just died from a work related accident that should have been prevented.
Not suppose to bury your kids

ducks
12-24-2021, 10:36 PM
He moved out of the house 4 years ago and always came home for Christmas this year we were going up there but we buried him Saturday after thanksgiving instead

Ef-man
12-24-2021, 10:37 PM
No my oldest son just died from a work related accident that should have been prevented.

My sincerest condolences.

ducks
12-24-2021, 10:38 PM
testing good now

You wanted more testing when trump was president

You are a hyocrite

ducks
12-24-2021, 10:40 PM
My sincerest condolences.

Thanks
We have a good support group but it has been tough he was 22 and in great health
Was working 2 jobs one he just got a raise to 27 (construction )another seconds job was mostly in summer and early winter
He was making 25 an hour in that one
He took after my work ethic

Ef-man
12-24-2021, 10:43 PM
You wanted more testing when trump was president

You are a hyocrite

Personally, I prefer the drive up, public covid testing. It was 3 miles away and open 8 hrs a day. Test results were 2-3 days.

With our mail system, I doubt results will be as fast.

Mail may work for areas without nearby covid test sites though.

DMC
12-24-2021, 10:47 PM
Best thing ever out of Vanity Fair was Christopher Hitchens.

DMC
12-24-2021, 10:49 PM

Sorry to hear that ducks, my condolences on your loss.

baseline bum
12-24-2021, 10:57 PM

I'm very sorry to hear, that's horrible. Condolences to you and your family ducks.

ducks
12-25-2021, 12:29 AM
I'm very sorry to hear, that's horrible. Condolences to you and your family ducks.

Thanks bb

hater
12-25-2021, 11:10 AM
ducks
Are you coming out of the closet on XMass eve?

No my oldest son just died

:wow

Condolences ma friend

boutons_deux
12-25-2021, 11:27 AM
That was a mistake but still insignificant compared to the 500,000 Americans that Trash killed

boutons_deux
12-25-2021, 11:28 AM
Ducks I'm so sorry

ducks
12-25-2021, 06:33 PM
:wow

Condolences ma friend

Thanks

ducks
12-25-2021, 06:33 PM
Ducks I'm so sorry

Thanks

Trainwreck2100
12-25-2021, 07:06 PM

That's a tragedy ducks, hope you sue the shit out of the employers, not for closure, but justice

ducks
12-25-2021, 09:13 PM
We plan on it
We do not want it happen to someone else.

ElNono
12-25-2021, 09:33 PM
That's a tragedy ducks, hope you sue the shit out of the employers, not for closure, but justice

The only tragedy is his mom not using a rusty hanger while there was still time, tbh

ducks
12-25-2021, 11:25 PM
You are ok killing babies but not ok protect woman and babies from illegals flooding into the country
Why ?
Or you think they will vote the way you want so it is ok they can commit crimes and not show their birth certificate when voting