PDA

View Full Version : is bill land covid

playblair
12-27-2021, 04:50 PM
where is he

exstatic
12-28-2021, 12:02 AM
He’s only working some games this year. Been that way since the beginning of the season. He’ll work a few, then take a few off.

No one really talks about it, but he had a pretty bad head injury a few years back. He slipped and fell on the ice in, I think, Minneapolis. He missed some time, but he didn’t seem as sharp since. He’ll often credit the wrong player for an action.

LongtimeSpursFan
12-28-2021, 01:04 AM
He said last week that he wouldn’t broadcast games until New Year

Fireball
12-28-2021, 09:38 AM
He always takes time off during the holidays ...

playblair
12-28-2021, 10:33 PM
He’s only working some games this year. Been that way since the beginning of the season. He’ll work a few, then take a few off.

No one really talks about it, but he had a pretty bad head injury a few years back. He slipped and fell on the ice in, I think, Minneapolis. He missed some time, but he didn’t seem as sharp since. He’ll often credit the wrong player for an action.
what the fook........i didnt watch the spurs during the lma/gay/mills/derozan era because it was boring did not know that happened to land...........

playblair
12-28-2021, 10:34 PM

what the fook........i didnt watch the spurs during the lma/gay/mills/derozan era because it was boring did not know that happened to land...........

UNT Eagles 2016
12-29-2021, 05:50 AM

I miss 2002/03. Best year the Spurs had in terms of announcer rotation, oh and yeah we won the championship that year and Tim Duncan was the goat. We had Bill Land & Sean Elliott (who also worked for ESPN part time that year) splitting games roughly 50/50 with Joel Meyers (who also worked part time with TNT that year) & either Quinn Buckner or Lance Blanks.

We had either Bill or Joel every game in 2002-03 except for a very sparse few TNT/ABC televised national games. There was 1 game blacked out early in the season for some reason that year, at Philadelphia, a loss. But still, 81 out of 82 games. Couldn't beat that rotation. That was well before the crappy days of Andrew Monaco and Sean Marks.

sananspursfan21
12-29-2021, 07:53 AM
I don’t think bill land is covid, I think covid is a virus.