PDA

View Full Version : The Quadrant of Wow

Dejounte
12-30-2021, 11:00 AM
https://twitter.com/kirkgoldsberry/status/1476577241391841281?s=21

In the end, wins matter, but this is still impressive nonetheless. I don’t recall a treadmill team ever making marks this high during a season, but maybe I’m wrong. Let’s see if they keep it up.

Dex
12-30-2021, 11:10 AM
Cleveland and Memphis definitely jump out with their Net ratings in the last 15, as do the Spurs.

Also impressive to be the #2 offense in that period with no player averaging more than 18 points.

CGD
12-30-2021, 11:10 AM
Really cool. Freakin COVID. Gonna be herky jerky from here out. Also, I Feel if we hadn’t had Jak go down for that prolonged stretch the team would be better situated

Dverde
12-30-2021, 11:29 AM
Portland trailblazing a path to the bottom. What happened to that Portland fanboy who used to post on here? All crickets now :lol

playblair
12-30-2021, 11:39 AM
stop posting analytics..........i hate analytics/per stats ish it is fooking for nerds..........just watch the fooking game with your eyes no plus minus nerd stat tells real story

Allan Rowe vs Wade
12-30-2021, 12:16 PM
somebody tell golden state they should be losing more games

Mr. Body
12-30-2021, 12:17 PM

In the end, wins matter, but this is still impressive nonetheless. I don’t recall a treadmill team ever making marks this high during a season, but maybe I’m wrong. Let’s see if they keep it up.

This is for last 15 games only, where the team has truly turned a corner. If things stay relatively at this level, I fully expect the Spurs to make a playoffs, not even the play-in. But too many variables, not to mention Covid.

Dejounte
12-30-2021, 12:18 PM
stop posting analytics..........i hate analytics/per stats ish it is fooking for nerds..........just watch the fooking game with your eyes no plus minus nerd stat tells real story

You are a champion at shitposting. You’ve got to be the Jake Paul of this board. I know you aren’t as dumb as the posts you write, but you may fool a lot of folks. Gotta give you props for coming up with this personality and staying in character for so long.

B1gduff
12-30-2021, 12:24 PM
I still think we are a better team now than what we were early on.
Early on alot of guys were struggling; White,Walker,Keldon, plus the 3 pt shooting. But now these guys are playing well and our 3 pt shooting is back
Plus we also missed Jakob, who while other don't really see how importamt he is, was a big lost. we went 2-5 or something when he was out.
Hopefully DJ is back soon, as he is missed.

Mr. Body
12-30-2021, 12:29 PM
I still think we are a better team now than what we were early on.
Early on alot of guys were struggling; White,Walker,Keldon, plus the 3 pt shooting. But now these guys are playing well and our 3 pt shooting is back
Plus we also missed Jakob, who while other don't really see how importamt he is, was a big lost. we went 2-5 or something when he was out.
Hopefully DJ is back soon, as he is missed.

The elevation of Walker, Keldon's shooting, Poeltl's return, have all had a big impact. Not sure if those first two can keep up. I still think this team goes as far as White. If he sucks or plays well, the team follows.

John B
12-30-2021, 12:58 PM
I’m rather impressed the more this team settles with the rotation.

But let’s revisit in the next two weeks. This coming road trip could either be hell or victorious, with how this team thrives against better teams.

spurraider21
12-30-2021, 01:06 PM
how could spurs be #2 without Derozan tho???

paperboy77
12-30-2021, 01:49 PM

I mean if you don't like that don't read it.

paperboy77
12-30-2021, 01:50 PM

I guess DD did his job of bringing up the young guys. It's a natural evolution.

Twisted_Dawg
12-30-2021, 02:41 PM
We're in the top right corner which is always good in these type of analytical graphs. And being #2 offense is shocking.

buttsR4rebounding
12-30-2021, 02:51 PM

DeMar has raised Chicago to 6th in offensive efficiency.

wildbill2u
12-30-2021, 03:42 PM
If they are able to play the "beautiful game" offense with ball movement and player movement, fast breaks off of defense, and getting to the FT line, they are not only fun to watch but have a pretty good chance at some wins. If they other team makes shots and they are always taking the ball out of the net, they don't have the opportunity to get into a passing offense as often and start to get into an iso game. (ref: White in last Utah game) They are gonna lose a lot of those.

All in all, they are making progress as the best rotations become more apparent and new guys get worked into the offenseive and defensive systems. A great example of this is the emergence of Jock into a second team center over Drew Ewing. And the shooting improvement of KJ is so unreal that we can't expect it to continue, but love it while it lasts because it makes him useful despite his defensive problems.

Mitch Cumsteen
12-30-2021, 03:47 PM
This is cool and all, but I wouldn't read much into this given the small sample size and randomness of covid over the last couple of weeks. The Spurs numbers, especially offensively, are skewed by the competition -- Portland, Sac, Charlotte are all in the bottom part of that defensive statistic and there's no telling how much that 40 point meaningless blowout of Detroit factored into all of this.

tmtcsc
12-30-2021, 04:47 PM
Demar was a good dude and a professional, but lets not kid ourselves. He is what he is & unfortunately, he's not someone who is going to carry a team to a Championship. He can be a contributor to winning but not someone who really moves the needle. What's tough is him needing the ball in his hands most of the time to be effective. Chicago is in for a rude awakening when the playoffs get here. Good thing Lavine is there to take the big shots, especially 3 pointers.

BacktoBasics
12-30-2021, 05:06 PM

So everyone should stop posting things you don’t understand? Might as well hang out on an empty forum by yourself.

DMC
12-30-2021, 05:08 PM

Who knew Lebron's super team would be sucking ass while a star-less Cleveland would be there.

Dex
12-30-2021, 06:09 PM

Yes, because when I want content with hard facts, quality substance and in-depth critical thinking, the first thing I look for is a post by playblair. :rolleyes

LongtimeSpursFan
12-30-2021, 06:14 PM
We 14-19 though.

Dex
12-30-2021, 08:38 PM
We 14-19 though.

We started 4-13.

I'd say they have made significant improvement over the course of the season.

hoopdreams11
12-30-2021, 09:04 PM
Spurs have a 7th ranked strength of schedule left toughest games warriors 3 games, bulls 2, nets 2, utah 1, suns 2, heat 2

Fireball
12-31-2021, 04:59 AM
Memphis will hand us our butts tonight ... thats for sure

RC_Drunkford
12-31-2021, 06:01 AM
This team really needs to trade for a Power forward. They are elite in plenty categories, just need to improve defensively and on FT and 3-point attempts

bluebellmaniac
12-31-2021, 02:31 PM
This team really needs to trade for a Power forward. They are elite in plenty categories, just need to improve defensively and on FT and 3-point attempts

The proposed trade with Phoenix would fix that for next year. This year, is after all, all about next year

talkspurs
12-31-2021, 04:40 PM
The proposed trade with Phoenix would fix that for next year. This year, is after all, all about next year

Smith also has had 2 recent good games at NBA level. He plays a position of need. I am for us going for the trade especially if we can get a first or something on top. throw in Forbes if that does not hurt the trade.

TD 21
12-31-2021, 05:10 PM
Smith also has had 2 recent good games at NBA level. He plays a position of need. I am for us going for the trade especially if we can get a first or something on top. throw in Forbes if that does not hurt the trade.

No, he doesn't. Despite his relative lack of strength, between his stiff hips and lack of ball skills (7 for 33 from 3 so far), he's a matchup dependent C in today's NBA and not even the type who can credibly play next to another one.

itzsoweezee
01-01-2022, 01:42 AM
Spurs have a 7th ranked strength of schedule left toughest games warriors 3 games, bulls 2, nets 2, utah 1, suns 2, heat 2

That’s why I think anything above a 10 seed is practically out of reach. The spurs underwhelmed in the easy parts of the schedule and now they’re kind of screwed unless they play way above their record. Some of the teams they’re competing with have been playing without significant pieces too that will be coming back