PDA

View Full Version : hate talking to a machine? Here's the cheat sheet!

Samr
11-26-2005, 12:55 PM
Here's how to bypass the computer on all those customer service numbers and speak directly to a human! (http://paulenglish.com/ivr/)

I hate talking to computers. Yeah, it makes it more convenient and efficient for them, but not for me. And being the self-righteous prick that I am, that is all that matters. :)

Hope I made life just a little easier for you- and a little less convenient for them.

Babu
11-26-2005, 12:58 PM
Thank you very much. :rolleyes

You are bad....very bad!!!

Samr
11-26-2005, 01:02 PM
Seriously- nothing gets on my nerves more than calling in to some place like DirectTv, AOL, etc and having to go through the maze of automated response questions, only to not have my problem fixed. If I am calling in the first place, it means that I am already annoyed because product X doesn't work and therefor it is company X's problem. But then to have to talk to a machine for 5 minutes and never get my problem solved makes me understand the meaning of the phrase "going postal."

Don't get me wrong, I love computers, but computers should NEVER take the place of humans when it comes to the service industry.

Shaolin-Style
11-26-2005, 03:06 PM
dell killed me not only with it's ton of automated bs but with their dumb techs who seem to have no idea what to do without reading from a manual while putting you on hold for 10 mins step by step.

N.Y. Johnny
11-26-2005, 05:00 PM
dell killed me not only with it's ton of automated bs but with their dumb techs who seem to have no idea what to do without reading from a manual while putting you on hold for 10 mins step by step.

Fuck Dell, they're a bunch of fucking Cunts! screw them in the ass!

I swear to god they're customer service is an abortion I think in all the times I've called I got a Live Person 1 time!!
forget it, they stink on ice! they're people are pathetic, fucking outsourced Customer service is a joke

if you had to ride to work on a Yak you're not helping me with a computer!! :flipoff

Samr
11-26-2005, 05:36 PM
if you had to ride to work on a Yak you're not helping me with a computer!!

AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!

My sentiments exactly.

Opinionater
11-27-2005, 09:56 AM
IMHO, some of you are just pissed because you are too stupid or lazy to figure it out yourselves.

McKenzie
11-27-2005, 01:43 PM
Here's how to bypass the computer on all those customer service numbers and speak directly to a human! (http://paulenglish.com/ivr/)

I hate talking to computers. Yeah, it makes it more convenient and efficient for them, but not for me. And being the self-righteous prick that I am, that is all that matters. :)

Hope I made life just a little easier for you- and a little less convenient for them.

Thanks a lot, man. I HATE those prompts. SBC is the worst. That sing-songy woman's voice that NEVER connects it right. Yeah, if I've taken out your damn phone number and sat down with a sack lunch for the wait, I expect to speak to a human!!! The only thing those voice deals are good for is to make a fast payment. I think that's all they want form us...our money. Never do they wish to do a good job.

And no shit about the people riding a yak to work trying to give me tech support! If I cannot understand you, we aren't going to get anywhere!