PDA

View Full Version : Tom Cruise buys sonogram machine to watch baby

spurs=bling
11-26-2005, 02:28 PM
Not every family can afford one at a price tag of up to $200,000 but actor Tom Cruise says he bought a sonogram machine for his pregnant fiance Katie Holmes so that they can monitor the development of their child.

In an interview with ABC's Barbara Walters to be aired on a November 29 television special about the "most fascinating people of 2005," Cruise said: "I'm going to donate it to a hospital when we are done."

A sonogram machine, which uses ultra-sound to look at a fetus's development, can cost between $150,000 and $200,000, according to People Magazine which published excerpts from the interview on Wednesday.

Cruise said he did not know the gender of the child but said if he did, he would not reveal it. Walters then asked him, "So what do you see?" and he answered "a little baby."

The couple revealed last month that Holmes, 26, was pregnant and in the Walters interview, Cruise said, "We are going to get married in summer or early fall. We don't have a date set

:rolleyes :rolleyes

spurschick
11-26-2005, 02:40 PM
He is slowly but surely becoming the next Michael Jackson.

Samr
11-26-2005, 02:53 PM
Uhm, I'm not a doctor, but....all that ultrasound can't be good for a baby, can it? I'd have to think there would be some serious health risks if they use that thing all the time.

spurs=bling
11-26-2005, 02:57 PM
Uhm, I'm not a doctor, but....all that ultrasound can't be good for a baby, can it? I'd have to think there would be some serious health risks if they use that thing all the time.

well my sisters' doctor didn't really like using ultrasound that much. my sister has like three pictures from a ultrasound. so i'm sure he had his reasons not to use it that much

ObiwanGinobili
11-26-2005, 02:57 PM
He is slowly but surely becoming the next Michael Jackson.

i couldn;t quite put my finger on what was going on with him.. but i think you just nailed it right there!

I found this little commentary on my mommiesgroup:

Cruise Buys Sonogram Machine

Paging Dr. Cruise. Dr. Tom Cruise -- you're wanted in obstetrics.

Yes, it seems the future baby daddy, whose medical background rivals that of Dr. Howard, Dr. Fine and Dr. Howard from "The Three Stooges," is closely monitoring his spawn's development.

Really, really closely monitoring.

"I bought a sonogram machine," Cruise reveals to Barbara Walters on her "The 10 Most Fascinating People of 2005" special (via People magazine). "I am gonna donate it to a hospital when we are done."

Queries a confused Walters, "Wait, you are going to do your own sonogram?"

"Yes," laughs Tom (who, it should be noted, did play an M.D. in "Eyes Wide Shut").

Unfortunately, Babs missed the obvious (glib) follow-up question, namely, "What on Earth compelled you to spend $15,000 to $200,000 on your own personal sonogram machine when there are actual doctor's offices out there?"

Cruise's rep had no comment on the device buy, according to People.

Tom says he and Katie, who is said to be about five or six months along, still don't know what they're having. guess he hasn;t figured out how to use it yet :lol

"No, I don't. Barbara, I would tell you," assures the toothy actor. "I would say, 'I know if it's a boy or a girl and I'm not telling you.'"

When asked what he sees on the sonogram, Cruise replies, "A little baby."

Also discussed in the sit-down is whether Katie will have a so-called "silent birth," a Scientology-approved method in which the mom purportedly has to keep mum during labor.

"Like anything, you want to be as quiet as possible," explains the L. Ron Hubbard-loving star. "There have been misinterpretations that the woman can't make any noise, and that's just not true. It's nutty. No, but just calm and quiet.this is total contradiction within 0.004 seconds. new world record I want Katie to be as comfortable as possible. And whatever she's gonna go through, she's gonna go through. And I'm gonna be there."

'Cause when you're looking for "calm and quiet," you want the guy who screamed "I'm in love" while wantonly abusing Oprah's furniture standing right by your side.

Speaking of his much-dissected declaration, Cruise maintains that he "will forever be jumping on couches ... all men should celebrate their women."

But it appears the celebration to take his "magnificent" and "amazing" fiancée as his third wife is going to wait until after the stork makes its "quiet and calm" delivery -- quite a change from the couple's warp-speed Eiffel Tower engagement and lightning fast pregnancy.

"We are gonna get married next summer or early fall," says the suddenly pokey Cruise. "We don't have a date set yet."

followed by:

I think someone needed to stuff a watermelon up Ron Hubbards butt and then say, "shhhh". LOL!

Hang on, I think I need to thank god.
"thank you god, for allowing me to live a life without being brainwashed like those poor scientologists"

MaNuMaNiAc
11-26-2005, 03:09 PM
Christ! I used to respect Tom, now I'm just sad at the fact he's becoming a total nutball!

ChumpDumper
11-26-2005, 03:23 PM
If he really doesn't want us to think he's gay, he's going about it the wrong way.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/38437000/jpg/_38437081_hughap_150.jpg http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/760000/images/_761874_divine_brown150.jpg

We don't wonder about this guy anymore, do we?

ZStomp
11-26-2005, 03:52 PM
Link?

spurs=bling
11-26-2005, 03:58 PM
Link?
http://entertainment.tv.yahoo.com/entnews/va/20051125/113293655000.html

here you go Z

ZStomp
11-26-2005, 04:00 PM
;)

Gracias

spurs=bling
11-26-2005, 04:11 PM
;)

Gracias

de nada

N.Y. Johnny
11-26-2005, 04:54 PM
Tom Cruise is getting on my fuckin nerves...can someone just bury a fuckin pick axe in the back of his head soon?

this guy needs to drink one big fuckin bucket of AIDS

SA210
11-26-2005, 05:32 PM
Apart from his personal life, I think he is a great actor, one of the best. Robbed of an Oscar in my opinion, for Jerry Maguire.

Kori Ellis
11-26-2005, 05:44 PM
Tom Cruise is getting on my fuckin nerves...can someone just bury a fuckin pick axe in the back of his head soon?

this guy needs to drink one big fuckin bucket of AIDS

Watch your mouth. Stuff like that about ANYONE is completely out of the line. You can "hate" someone you don't know all you want, but don't spew those kind of comments here about anyone.

ShoogarBear
11-26-2005, 05:49 PM
Why all the hate for Cruise? I don't get why you all don't like him. Maybe you are just jealous that he is 40 somthing yet is still pulling fine 20 year olds....

Tom Cruise has had as much sex with Katie Holmes, Penelope Cruz, and Nicole Kidman as I have.

Kori Ellis
11-26-2005, 05:54 PM
Tom Cruise has had as much sex with Katie Holmes, Penelope Cruz, and Nicole Kidman as I have.

:lmao

Vashner
11-26-2005, 05:59 PM
200 gur for Tom is like a 20 dollar bill to us... :)

I think he had more sex with Mimi Rodgers... she taught him the ropes...

Kori Ellis
11-26-2005, 06:01 PM
I think he had more sex with Mimi Rodgers... she taught him the ropes...

I think she's the one who original came out saying he might be gay.

Vashner
11-26-2005, 06:05 PM
http://www.togawp.com/main/images/tomandmimi.jpg
http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/images/cruise-kidman.jpg
http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/1715000/images/_1715153_tom_penelope300.jpg
http://aussie_news_views.typepad.com/aussie_news_views/images/cruise.jpg

ShoogarBear
11-26-2005, 06:05 PM
Out of the four, I still like Mimi the most.

MaNuMaNiAc
11-26-2005, 06:15 PM
Out of the four, I still like Mimi the most.
you're crazy! I think Mimi is 3rd after Katie and Nicole. Penelope is ugly, I really don't know why anyone likes her.

lilmads
11-26-2005, 06:17 PM
I liked Nicole the best... If I recall correctly, he broke up with her which I think he was crazy to dooo...

1Parker1
11-26-2005, 06:41 PM
What amazes me is....How the hell did Tom Cruise hide his craziness so well all these years?! I used to love the guy and despite his being a great actor, after all the shit that he's done and said this year, I can't even bear watching his movies anymore! I still haven't seen War of the Worlds...and I'm a huge Steven Speilberg fan, so it's killing me. But the idea of watching that freak for 2 hours now....

And you're right SpursChick...he's slowly becoming the next Michael Jackson, except with better looks (but give that time....) :lol

Shelly
11-26-2005, 06:45 PM
I think she's the one who original came out saying he might be gay.

Yes, she said he was celibate during their marriage.

Kori Ellis
11-26-2005, 06:48 PM
Yes, she said he was celibate during their marriage.

She said some line like .. If he's not gay, then he should be. :lmao

TheWriter
11-26-2005, 06:51 PM

Fucking hell she's short.

Shelly
11-26-2005, 06:54 PM
She said some line like .. If he's not gay, then he should be. :lmao

:lol

I think she's retracted that since. I believe she's into Scientology also.

TheWriter
11-26-2005, 06:54 PM
Anyone watch Jimmy Kimmel last night?

It was an older episode (about a week) and he has his girlfriend Sarah Silverman as his first guest.

Anyway, they talked about how whenever she's on the show is really the only time they get to see eachother.

So Kimmel asks: "So what have you been up to?"

She says she's met someone.

He says he joined Scientology while she was gone.

Her response was: "I didn't know you were gay."

:lol :lol

David Bowie
11-26-2005, 07:50 PM
I recently saw Southpark. And Stan was proclaimed to be the new Scientology massiah. So Tom Cruise came to visit him. And Stan told him that Napolian Dynamite was a better actor. So Tom Cruise got into Stan's closet and refused to come out. and Stn kept shouting that Tom Cruise was in the closet and refused to come out. And Tom Cruise kept saying that he wasn't in the closet. Then they got Nicole Kidman, and she urged him to come out of the closet, and he still kept saying that he wasn't in the closet.

ObiwanGinobili
11-26-2005, 09:05 PM
I recently saw Southpark. And Stan was proclaimed to be the new Scientology massiah. So Tom Cruise came to visit him. And Stan told him that Napolian Dynamite was a better actor. So Tom Cruise got into Stan's closet and refused to come out. and Stn kept shouting that Tom Cruise was in the closet and refused to come out. And Tom Cruise kept saying that he wasn't in the closet. Then they got Nicole Kidman, and she urged him to come out of the closet, and he still kept saying that he wasn't in the closet.

Nicole: " tom.. it's ok.. you can come out now. ....... just coem out of the closet Tom"

Tom: "but I'm not in here"

:lmao :lmao

King
11-26-2005, 10:06 PM

Fucking hell she's short.

She's 5'1.

ShoogarBear
11-26-2005, 10:48 PM

Apparently there were 39 "closet" references in the script.

And the credits at the end all listed "John Smith" for everything! :rollin

bigzak25
11-26-2005, 10:50 PM
i don't know or care if cruise is gay, but he is fucking crazy...

who in the HELL would leave Penelope Cruz?

who i tell you? ONLY A MAD MAN!!!!

1Parker1
11-26-2005, 10:54 PM
Penelope Cruz is not that hot...actually I don't even think she's that pretty! There are millions of prettier women out there than her.

David Bowie
11-26-2005, 10:55 PM
Penelope is not that pretty, imo. HOwever, she always seems to date the men she makes movies with. Out of all Tom's girls, I think Nicole was the ebst looking.

bigzak25
11-26-2005, 10:57 PM
you girls are crazy. entitled to your opinion, of course.

But penelope is amazing. She would be evil bigzaks 3rd wife after jennifer love hewitt...but i digress...

midgetonadonkey
11-26-2005, 11:39 PM
Tom Cruise has lost his fucking mind.

bigzak25
11-26-2005, 11:43 PM
you guys should see Hollywood Boulevard....every fuckin block is Scientology this and Scientology that...it's fucking insane....

i walked past one of the places where they were handing out pamphlets, and recruiting for their "Church" so to speak...

i went in there....talked to the lady. was very calm.

and I frustrated the shit out of her....:lmao

she said she's been studying scientology for years, but when i asked her the right questions...duh duh duh...she was a lost fool. but Godbless her...i could tell she had a Good heart...but she was on her toes. and then she tried to say some bullshit about how it's not a religion....

oh really? that's cool...then why don't you take off the fucking "church" part of it...

uh uh uh....

yeah that's right bitch...:lol

when you have the Truth? (not Mandy's bitch :lol)

but when you have the real Truth? All the Liars are a joke. :lol