PDA

View Full Version : HOME NBA DENVER NUGGETS NIKOLA JOKIC Nuggets targeting Spurs’ champion guard to get Nikola Jokic more help

ducks
01-17-2022, 10:34 PM
https://clutchpoints.com/nuggets-news-denver-targeting-spurs-champion-guard-to-get-nikola-jokic-more-help/

ducks
01-17-2022, 10:34 PM
Spurs guard Bryn Forbes is available on the trade market, league sources told HoopsHype. Multiple teams have expressed interest in Forbes, including the Denver Nuggets, sources say

BatManu20
01-17-2022, 10:35 PM
DO IT RC.

Degoat
01-17-2022, 10:40 PM
Something’s gotta be brewing, he hasn’t played the last few games I believe

Seventyniner
01-17-2022, 10:41 PM
If the Nuggets FO thinks Forbes is "help" they deserve to be knocked out in the first round.

NASpurs
01-17-2022, 10:55 PM
Nuggets must have shitty scouts.

gambit1990
01-17-2022, 11:37 PM
spurs gonna trade bryn...

and then sign him in the offseason :lol

hombre
01-18-2022, 12:36 AM
Forbes for a bag of edibles. Make it happen.

sananspursfan21
01-18-2022, 12:42 AM
Forbes for Joker straight up.

Dancelot
01-18-2022, 02:03 AM
Forbes for Joker straight up.

this. Plus a nuggets 1st

JADG79
01-18-2022, 07:24 AM
DEN need 4.5M for salary match. Right now their two guards are small and cannot shoot well (Morris and Campazzo) but now they want to bring a defense liability? Maybe Morris will be trade with the rise of Hyland.

Could be Bol Bol and Rivers expiring contract for salary matching.

KingKev
01-18-2022, 07:34 AM
DEN need 4.5M for salary match. Right now their two guards are small and cannot shoot well (Morris and Campazzo) but now they want to bring a defense liability? Maybe Morris will be trade with the rise of Hyland.

Could be Bol Bol and Rivers expiring contract for salary matching.

Bol Bol and an SRP would be a dream although Bol Bol just failed his physical in the Detroit trade.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
01-18-2022, 08:05 AM
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/f2/ce/0b/f2ce0b94e940fd15626c475cbc0e8667.jpg

CGD
01-18-2022, 08:08 AM
From other thread on this: just looked at DEN’s pick situation and pretty much everything including 2nds are encumbered until 2024 or so. And not sure I see many interesting pieces on their roster in the Bryn range.

I do like CLE as a partner though (a “fit” suggested by Bleacher). They possess our original 2022 SRP and Houston’s 2022 SRP as well. Seems like the strike zone for a Bryn deal.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
01-18-2022, 08:17 AM
For other thread on this: just looked at DEN’s pick situation and pretty much everything including 2nds are encumbered until 2024 or so. And not sure I see many interesting pieces on their roster in the Bryn range.

I do like CLE as a partner though (a “fit” suggested by Bleacher). They possess our original 2022 SRP and Houston’s 2022 SRP as well. Seems like the strike zone for a Bryn deal.

2024 picks are good :)

CGD
01-18-2022, 08:36 AM
Bol Bol and an SRP would be a dream although Bol Bol just failed his physical in the Detroit trade.

They also have Zeke Nnaji— stretch big — but seems out of range given he was just drafted last year.

KingKev
01-18-2022, 08:38 AM
From other thread on this: just looked at DEN’s pick situation and pretty much everything including 2nds are encumbered until 2024 or so. And not sure I see many interesting pieces on their roster in the Bryn range.

Both ours and Houston’s 22 SRPs are attractive for sure. I’m okay with further out given we already have 3 picks in this years draft. Austin is going to be stacked.

TimDunkem
01-18-2022, 09:17 AM
Spurs games would immediately become 1000x more watchable.

Dex
01-18-2022, 09:27 AM
Nuggets must have shitty scouts.

Shhhhh...

I think Bryn would be a GREAT addition, Nuggets. He is a great teammate and has championship experience, and I am sure he would shoot 100% from three in the higher altitude.

Yes, that's the ticket...

Dex
01-18-2022, 11:01 AM

No new news here, but take this tweet for what it is...

TDomination
01-18-2022, 11:15 AM

No new news here, but take this tweet for what it is...

just the mere fact he’s on the market and the mindset the Spurs have to give primo playing time gives me hope for this franchise!

lmbebo
01-18-2022, 11:38 AM
Would Forbes have to ok any deal? Doesn't he have the right to nix any deal since he's on a 1 year deal?

KingKev
01-18-2022, 11:41 AM
Would Forbes have to ok any deal? Doesn't he have the right to nix any deal since he's on a 1 year deal?

Can’t imagine why he would want to. To be wanted by a playoff team at the deadline or play spot minutes on a bottom 5 team?

I’m sure this would just be an assignment anyways, PATFO will still be ready to throw a multi year deal at him this summer. It’s like sending your kid on an exchange program lol

lefty
01-18-2022, 11:47 AM
Ok but what about tanking?

Pop’n’’Bryn must be protected at all cost

exstatic
01-18-2022, 11:54 AM
just the mere fact he’s on the market and the mindset the Spurs have to give primo playing time gives me hope for this franchise!

Why are you thinking that, other than wishful thinking? Pop has said that he will spend most of the rest of the season in Austin, and frankly, he needs to. In the two Austin games before his callup, he had 6 turnovers in each. In his first game back, he had SEVEN. His ballhandling needs a lot of work.

The good news is that that this probably WILL mean more minutes for Devin.

LeBowen
01-18-2022, 12:13 PM
Since he bodied that scumbag Morris, Jokic can get Bryn for free.
We'll even send Eubanks to make sure Bryn doesn't get lost on the way.

lmbebo
01-18-2022, 12:22 PM
Can’t imagine why he would want to. To be wanted by a playoff team at the deadline or play spot minutes on a bottom 5 team?

I’m sure this would just be an assignment anyways, PATFO will still be ready to throw a multi year deal at him this summer. It’s like sending your kid on an exchange program lol

Only thing I could think of is any issues related to his family. If I remember correctly, he has/had some drama related to his ex and child.

Elementis
01-18-2022, 12:36 PM
If the Spurs trade Forbes for 'future considerations', how much would we owe the Nuggets in the future?

John B
01-18-2022, 12:44 PM
Forbes is a good soldier, a great teammate without the drama. He declined his 2nd year option with the Champs to play for his coach who gave him a shot at the NBA. If ever Spurs trade him, I think they will find him a good contender. Goodluck Brynn.

CGD
01-18-2022, 01:04 PM
Forbes is a good soldier, a great teammate without the drama. He declined his 2nd year option with the Champs to play for his coach who gave him a shot at the NBA. If ever Spurs trade him, I think they will find him a good contender. Goodluck Brynn.

He is, and is a great story.

But to be clear he declined a 2.5M player options from the Bucks. After finding himself in limbo with Nets backtracking on their agreement to sign him, the Spurs came in and offered a 1 year deal at $4.5M (2M more than what he declined). As part of that I’m sure the Spurs and Bryn probably came into their agreement eyes wide open that spurs would try to flip him as an asset in Feb (that’s possibly how they got Holt to go along with signing him again).

John B
01-18-2022, 01:12 PM

But to be clear he declined a 2.5M player options from the Bucks. After finding himself in limbo with Nets backtracking on their agreement to sign him, the Spurs came in and offered a 1 year deal at $4.5M (2M more than what he declined). As part of that I’m sure the Spurs and Bryn probably came into their agreement eyes wide open that spurs would try to flip him as an asset in Feb (that’s possibly how they got Holt to go along with signing him again).

Thanks for the clarification. I guess both parties will get something of it. Spurs getting his experience for rental and maybe an asset back. Idk how much the Spurs ended up paying for his rental services and potentially getting an asset back.

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-18-2022, 01:26 PM
Pull the f'in trigger Pop!

I think Forbes playing for a contender as a situational sparkplug off the bench makes perfect sense, and I can see why some playoff teams would have an interest. Bryn is a known commodity at this point. He can heat up quick, doesn't need a ton of shots to start hitting, and at least runs around and looks like he's trying to play defense. Let him average 10 minutes a night as a role player, with a few DNPs when matchups don't work, and he can probably play another 7 years in the league. He's just pointless on a team like the Spurs that's trying to rebuild, get better, and give young talent some burn and evaluate their potential. He's just stealing minutes in that scenario and slowing the process down.

KingKev
01-18-2022, 02:28 PM
Since he bodied that scumbag Morris, Jokic can get Bryn for free.
We'll even send Eubanks to make sure Bryn doesn't get lost on the way.

That was Markeiff not Marcus LOL

KingKev
01-18-2022, 02:45 PM
Bol Bol underwent surgery for his foot. Out 8-12 weeks.

talkspurs
01-18-2022, 03:37 PM

Do you have anything on the nets deal? this is the first I have heard of it and googled it and could not find anything.

NASpurs
01-18-2022, 03:58 PM
I can't wait for Fvck! to remain on the team after the deadline passes by. You can't trade the Tank Commander.

Ocotillo
01-18-2022, 04:23 PM
Lol, Pop holding him out the last two games. Tonya Harding couldn't put that guy on the injury list let alone playing time.

exstatic
01-18-2022, 04:40 PM
Lol, Pop holding him out the last two games. Tonya Harding couldn't put that guy on the injury list let alone playing time.

we've never been in line to recoup an asset for him before.

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-18-2022, 04:56 PM

:lol @ Tonya Harding.

Ocotillo
01-18-2022, 05:10 PM
we've never been in line to recoup an asset for him before. I get it, I was being a wise ass about what an iron man he has proved to be this season with so many going down with health and safety protocols or injury. :wink

Chomag
01-18-2022, 08:58 PM
Spurs games would immediately become 1000x more watchable.

THIS!( main reason why I haven't been watching many games lately, I just couldn't stomach watching his play anymore and I would just get angry lol)

However we all know Pop ain't giving up his boy, so I'll believe it when I see it.

Teamduncan21
01-18-2022, 09:52 PM
spurs gonna trade bryn...

and then sign him in the offseason :lol

Then trade him again for bag of chips. Stonks

SPURt
01-18-2022, 11:28 PM
Please give up Bryn… if they get to take a flyer on Bol Bol, even better