PDA

View Full Version : Sixers Suck

1Parker1
11-26-2005, 10:38 PM
They lose three in a row, win 6 in a row, then lose four out the next 5 to teams like the Knicks and Cavs after surrendering huge leads.

GRRRRRRRRR! That is all.

ALVAREZ6
11-26-2005, 11:06 PM
Have faith. They are still going to be the #3 seed.

NuGGeTs-FaN
11-26-2005, 11:08 PM
wizards are in the same boat, start strong and whoop the Spurs then lose some in a row and then beat the Pistons on the road then lose to the Bobcats LOL :fro

1Parker1
11-26-2005, 11:14 PM
Yea, but what sucks is I think the Sixers have a really good starting 5...but no coach so far knows quite how to utilize it! They have a bowen-like player in Igodala, a Manu-like player in AI, and between Dalambert and Webber-they could almost be Tim-Duncan like :)

They're just way too inconsistent. Plus, as much as I love AI, he needs to shoot a little less.

Cant_Be_Faded
11-27-2005, 12:00 AM
They have no bench and still have yet to find scoring power to complement iverson.

Iverson's smooth transition to point guard and the youth in Andre and Samuel bode well, but its yet to mesh as well as it could. they have the potential to be a decent defensive team, I think they need to dump webber and korver for some more young athletic defender types

baseline bum
11-27-2005, 02:39 AM
Is Dalembert back? You're selling your guys short if you say AI is Manu-like and Iguadala is Bowen-like. :lol

Brutalis
11-27-2005, 03:41 AM
Why do you want them to win so bad eh?

Korver is a joke to me. AI overrated. Problems problems problems.

theMUHMEshow
11-27-2005, 11:04 AM
AI overrated..

What! How in the world is AI overated? Webber is overated, you cannot tell me that a scoring champ that avg 8 assists a game is overated. The guy has more will to win then just about anyone in the game.

ALVAREZ6
11-27-2005, 11:39 AM
AI isn't over-rated. Period.

ALVAREZ6
11-27-2005, 11:39 AM
1Parker1, I'm goin to the Spurs @ Sixers game on Feb. 15th too, BTW.

Brutalis
11-27-2005, 04:20 PM
Well, I'd like to see KG's excuses again then for never winning anything. Since suddenly they are good enough excuses for AI now.

Seriously, overrated.

ALVAREZ6
11-27-2005, 06:10 PM
a Manu-like player in AI

that's funny
Hey, you know, MJ had a little Manu in him...

AI-square
11-28-2005, 12:10 AM
Damn, I freaking went nuts when Nate Robinson hit that trey in OT.

But then it's the first game of the season with our starting five. Dalembert will get better when he shakes the rustiness off. And the team will learn to play with him on the court (they have practised and played without him since training camp).

I like Mo Cheeks, but sometimes I feel that he should call a timeout when the opposition gets on a 6-0 run, rather than wait until it gets to 12-0...

ALVAREZ6
11-28-2005, 05:50 PM
what are you insinuating?
I was being sacrasctic, saying MJ was Manu-like...

1Parker1
11-28-2005, 05:59 PM
Ok, ok, I was joking with the whole Spurs-like comparison. My point was that they are not a bad team on paper. The Sixers have so much potential, but never seem to get far with it...that's what frustrating!

Alvarez, where are u seated? I haven't gotten my tickets yet. My friend is interning at the Wachovia center so she gets discounts, plus I'm hoping good seats right behind the Spurs!

ALVAREZ6
11-28-2005, 06:07 PM
Ok, ok, I was joking with the whole Spurs-like comparison. My point was that they are not a bad team on paper. The Sixers have so much potential, but never seem to get far with it...that's what frustrating!

Alvarez, where are u seated? I haven't gotten my tickets yet. My friend is interning at the Wachovia center so she gets discounts, plus I'm hoping good seats right behind the Spurs!
I'm in section 111 which is where Manu normally signs autographs and gets in pictures, so I'm hoping to do that. I got my seats right when they came out and those were the best possible seats, everything was taken! I was trying to get behind the Spurs bench or section 124 which is where the visiting locker room tunnel is.

I think all the other seats are reserved for season-ticket holders or somethin, I was wondering why I couldn't find anything better, but I'm sure some seats will be empty.

Did you go to the Spurs vs. Sixers game last year in November? I went last year and the year before that...there were a shit load of Spurs fans last year, I saw so many Duncan and Manu jerseys.

1Parker1
11-28-2005, 07:28 PM
I didn't go last year (had an accounting Final the next day :(), but I went the year before, and I do remember being shocked to see other Spurs fans there!

I will be decked out in my Spurs T-Shirt and hat. I'm also considering holding up a sign for Tony with my phone number on it :angel :lol

ALVAREZ6
11-28-2005, 09:05 PM
I didn't go last year (had an accounting Final the next day :(), but I went the year before, and I do remember being shocked to see other Spurs fans there!

I will be decked out in my Spurs T-Shirt and hat. I'm also considering holding up a sign for Tony with my phone number on it :angel :lol
Eva won't be too happy about that :lol

I'm probably going to wear both of my Manu jerseys and hope to get at least one signed.

1Parker1
11-28-2005, 09:10 PM
How're u gonna wear TWO jerseys at once?

ALVAREZ6
11-29-2005, 02:55 PM
How're u gonna wear TWO jerseys at once?
Wear one over the other.....?

why not?

1Parker1
11-29-2005, 03:15 PM
:lol How much did you pay for ur tickets? Those are pretty good seats~!

ALVAREZ6
11-29-2005, 03:42 PM
:lol How much did you pay for ur tickets? Those are pretty good seats~!

I forget...but it's not like I actually payed...

1Parker1
11-29-2005, 04:13 PM
:lol Oh to be 15 again and mooch off my parents...

ALVAREZ6
11-29-2005, 05:51 PM
:lol Oh to be 15 again and mooch off my parents...

1Parker1
11-30-2005, 05:50 PM

:lol :lol

It's ok, in my defense, I'm mooching off my boyfriend and getting him to buy the tickets...:)

mavsfan1000
11-30-2005, 06:43 PM
Iverson is talented but his poor decision making will prevent Philadelphia from being a good team. You want your best player to be smart and Iverson will never lead a team to the championship.

ALVAREZ6
11-30-2005, 06:46 PM
Iverson is talented but his poor decision making will prevent Philadelphia from being a good team. You want your best player to be smart and Iverson will never lead a team to the championship.
I agree.

Iverson dribbles way too much, it seems like no one can coach him. He takes as many shots as he wants and when he gets blocked, he views it as something personal and will keep going at that person even if his teammates are open. He forces too many shots. Last night, he got blocked by Darius Miles 2 times in one possesssion. After the first time, he tried a shooting over him to kind of get back at him, but got blocked again.

I love AI, but he will never win a championship if he continues being the star on the team. Even though he is getting a lot of assists ( what is he like 3rd this season?), it doesn't mean he's necessarily mean he's doing what's best for the team.

AI-square
11-30-2005, 11:07 PM
That's why Mo Cheeks is relying on John Salmons to be the ball handler in the fourth quarter. But he is just not consistent enough. Iverson, Webber and Iguodala are doing all they can but this team needs good contributions from Salmons and Korver if the Sixers are going to do major damage.

Obstructed_View
11-30-2005, 11:20 PM
After 10 years in the NBA, Iverson has finally evolved into a young Michael Jordan; fills up a stat sheet and can't win a game. He certainly isn't making anyone around him any better. The only reason he gets 8 assists a game is because the defenders are so surprised by the fact that he passes at all.

1Parker1
12-01-2005, 09:58 AM
Where would the Sixers be if they had a "pass first" PG, such as Kidd/Nash? You tihnk they'd be better then? Or in contention of a ring?

AI-square
12-01-2005, 01:10 PM
The problem then would be the need for someone to put the points up. As it is now, offense is not really the problem for the Sixers. Rebounding is. If they don't get rebounding by more than 10 consistently, they'd be like 13-3 now. No point scoring more than 100 PPG when you are conceding even more.

TDMVPDPOY
12-01-2005, 01:36 PM
AI just like kobe only wants to win scorin title and fga title

1Parker1
12-01-2005, 01:53 PM
The problem then would be the need for someone to put the points up. As it is now, offense is not really the problem for the Sixers. Rebounding is. If they don't get rebounding by more than 10 consistently, they'd be like 13-3 now. No point scoring more than 100 PPG when you are conceding even more.

That's cuz Dalembert was out...

1Parker1
12-01-2005, 01:56 PM
The problem then would be the need for someone to put the points up.

That was my point. People are forever criticizing AI for taking too many shots, etc, but look at the team. They're all so highly inconsistent. Webber will give you 30 and 12 one night and go 8 and 9 the next. Igodala will shut down Kobe Bryant one night, and then let Andrew Bogut go for 20+ the next. Korver will hit a timely 3 everyone 7 games or so, and then score like 5 points in between those games...

mavsfan1000
12-01-2005, 02:06 PM
The thing is AI is not a good outside shooter like Nash is. AI continues to take alot of bad shots and doesn't see the floor like Nash. With Nash Korver and Iguodala would be having a much higher point total. Korver would be on fire and Iguodala would be like Marion on offense. AI doesn't have the vision of a true point guard to make the right decision on offense. If you keep AI in a half court set he will struggle.

1Parker1
12-01-2005, 03:14 PM
"Vision" has nothing to do with inconsistencies. AI draws more double teams than Nash does. This often leaves players like Korver and Igodala open to make those three point shots. They're just too young and inconsistent right now to take advantage of it.

AI-square
12-01-2005, 08:54 PM
Dalembert has been back for a while. He had five blocks against Boston.

Nash does have more vision, but then he doesn't have to take that many shots, even with Amare out. Marion, Diaw, J.Jones, Bell and Barbosa are adequate scorers.

With the Sixers, Webber, Korver and Iguodala are inconsistent scorers. Off the bench, you have Salmons and Nailon. Neither is exceptionally good off at putting points up. So AI does have to throw it up more often than any player in the NBA, bar Kobe Bryant.

ALVAREZ6
12-02-2005, 10:39 PM

Sixers just lost by 2 points to the Hornets...

Sixers were winning for most of the game, in control in the 4th quarter, then the last 5 minutes or so were a complete meltdown.

mavsfan1000
12-02-2005, 10:52 PM
This sixers team has alot of talent other than Iverson. I feel with Nash instead of Iverson would be like this years suns.

ALVAREZ6
12-02-2005, 10:55 PM
Yeah....maybe if AI didn't jack up so many forced, unnecessary shots...I mean I just don't get it, he really doesn't understand the idea of having 5 players on the court.

He forces up shots early in their possessions with the whole damn shot clock full. Doesn't make sense.

Sense
12-02-2005, 11:01 PM
This sixers team has alot of talent other than Iverson. I feel with Nash instead of Iverson would be like this years suns.

You're a funny moron. :lol

mavsfan1000
12-02-2005, 11:08 PM
You're a funny moron. :lol

Hey jackass. Do you ever have anything intelligent say? You don't even have a reason why I'm wrong. You only hate me cause I'm a mavs fan.

Sense
12-02-2005, 11:12 PM
Hey jackass. Do you ever have anything intelligent say? You don't even have a reason why I'm wrong. You only hate me cause I'm a mavs fan.

Actually, I really don't care if you're a Mavs fan or not, the fact is that you're a stupid person.

If anything the Mavs don't deserve to be a "rival" so that mavsfan excuse isn't really there...

Try to be smarter, but don't try too hard....

mavsfan1000
12-02-2005, 11:27 PM
Actually, I really don't care if you're a Mavs fan or not, the fact is that you're a stupid person.

If anything the Mavs don't deserve to be a "rival" so that mavsfan excuse isn't really there...

Try to be smarter, but don't try too hard....

The mavs almost beat the spurs the second time this year. How are they not rivals with the spurs? Neither Howard or Stackhouse made Dallas very weak at the 3 position. I still think the spurs are better but Dallas is definitely a threat. Tell me what is not intelligent there. Nash has been schooling people all year and has better court vision than Iverson. Just get off my case because there are some people on this site that are stupid but because they are a spurs fan you give them a break.

AI-square
12-02-2005, 11:37 PM
In the lost to the Hornets, Webber had 24pts. Iverson had 34. Korver had 11. Dalembert had 6 pts, 15 rebs & 3 blocks. The rest of the team scored 11 points.

This team has so much potential. But somehow the Sixers have found themselves beaten again and again. It is amazing.

ALVAREZ6
12-02-2005, 11:38 PM
They don't get it done.

mavsfan1000
12-02-2005, 11:42 PM
Stats don't mean anything if you can't win. Iverson might score more but Nash gets the wins. The offensive flow is very important and things come easy with the suns because of players getting the shots they want. Iverson gets a little out of control at times.

AI-square
12-02-2005, 11:45 PM
I agree that Nash would make this team better if he were in Iverson's place. But that is fantasy stuff. We have AI and we love AI (even his annoying flaws) and we have to find a way to win with AI.

mavsfan1000
12-03-2005, 12:47 AM
I'm not saying AI can't win but that stats don't matter if you can't win. If Allen Iverson starts winning than I will give him credit.

1Parker1
12-03-2005, 02:32 PM
In the lost to the Hornets, Webber had 24pts. Iverson had 34. Korver had 11. Dalembert had 6 pts, 15 rebs & 3 blocks. The rest of the team scored 11 points.

This team has so much potential. But somehow the Sixers have found themselves beaten again and again. It is amazing.

:tu You just nailed what has been bugging me about them all season! It's like they refuse to play play for all 4 quarters. This is like the 3rd or 4th game which they lost a huge lead in the last few minutes of the game. They have the talent, they just don't know how to get it done.

I'm starting to think...is it the coaching do you think?

If the Sixers had Nash, I don't really think that would neccesarily make them a better team. Though they're offense may flow a bit better, they will lose a significant chunk of offense (hell, even some defense!) without AI.

mavsfan1000
12-03-2005, 03:26 PM
Which is better? Nash shooting 50% from the field and having the offense flow well or Iverson shooting 40% and the offense is not flowing well. I feel Nash can score a ton of points if he wanted to but rather get his teammates involved first.

SmotPoker
12-03-2005, 07:52 PM
is this a joke question, or are you being sarcastic. Or maybe you're just dumb. This is how Iverson has always been, and that is how nash has always been.

mavsfan1000
12-03-2005, 09:33 PM
Hey are you sense 2? All we need here is another who doesn't prove his point but rather turn to name calling. Until you have good reasons on why I'm wrong :stfu

1Parker1
12-03-2005, 10:42 PM
Stop ruining my thread.

Back on Topic: Sixers suck so much, they couldn't even beat the freaking defending champs on the road?! :spin

Sense
12-04-2005, 03:54 AM
Hey are you sense 2? All we need here is another who doesn't prove his point but rather turn to name calling. Until you have good reasons on why I'm wrong :stfu

If you can't get typical common obvious shit in your head, there's no way to explain it, thus making you a retard.

There's no way to get it in you're head... maybe insults will make you realize it.

mavsfan1000
12-04-2005, 04:06 AM
Which team is doing better? The suns or the sixers? It is not even close so my point is made. It is all about winning.

AI-square
12-04-2005, 02:27 PM
Iguodala and Korver have to help Webber and Iverson by making some baskets. Salmons is inconsistent off the bench and Nailon isn't in there because he is a defensive liability. But Hunter really needs to step up. He has had a couple of great games but has been average (or below average) in the rest.

But this team needs a bit more of a bench. Waiving McKie seems such a stupid move right now.

boutons
12-04-2005, 02:37 PM
I don't think any team coached by Maurice is going anywhere. He didn't do anything with Portland, and now probably nothing with the Sixers.

He's a great guy, was a great player, but I don't think he's a top-level NBA coach. He'd have to have team over-flowing with talent to go anywhere, and that would be in spite of Mo, not because of Mo.

1Parker1
12-04-2005, 06:30 PM
^^:tu That is exactly what I was thinking Boutons! I've seen way too many a games where Sixers have huge leads going into the 3rd or 4th quarters, only to have the other team come from behind and win the game.

As a coach, it should be his job to motivate his players and fix this obvious problem by either making in game substitutions a little better or enforcing better defense.

AI-square
12-05-2005, 01:35 AM
Mo Cheeks brought Portland to the playoffs in his first two seasons there (he had 50 wins in one of them).

1Parker1
12-07-2005, 09:36 PM
Once again, they gave up 4th quarter lead to the Bucks and lost by 3. Great Job, Sixers :tu

ALVAREZ6
12-07-2005, 10:23 PM
The Sixers love the fat one. WTF is up with this.

They are 8-11 but still 3rd seed in the East. The atlantic division is garbage, and the Sixers always go in runs.

Ended the game with a 0-8 run, but on the losing side.

The sixers go 32-11 in the 3rd, then completely choke in the 4th.

3rd loss of the season to the fucking Bucks, a team that AI is known for destroying. Last year he had 50 point games in like every game vs. Milwaukee...wtf

Obstructed_View
12-08-2005, 07:23 AM
But he only had 22 shots. How can he be expected to score more than 20 points if he only gets 20 shots?

AI-square
12-08-2005, 01:04 PM
It sucked to lose that game, but the ball was shared better. Iverson didn't try to go it alone. Dalembert had a huge game (13pts, 12rebs, 5blks) and when he played most of the third quarter, the Bucks went cold. Salmons and Shavlik Randolph (10pts, 7rebs in 14 mins) provided production from the bench.

This team will get better with time. It's not like we are playing awful right now. There are many areas that we can improve on, but once we get one good result we can go on a roll again.

ALVAREZ6
12-08-2005, 04:23 PM
The Sixers will go to the play-offs and leave the first round.

tlongII
12-08-2005, 04:32 PM
Mo Cheeks is a lousy head coach. Great guy and a good assistant coach, but a lousy head coach.

Obstructed_View
12-08-2005, 08:40 PM
Yeah the Blazers are just tearing up the league now that they've dumped that loser.

mavsfan1000
12-08-2005, 08:53 PM
It's funny every the sixers are struggling it is always the coaches fault. Maybe it is Iverson's fault. Every player that leaves Philly is happy knowing in their new team they will actually get the ball.

ALVAREZ6
12-08-2005, 09:12 PM
It's funny every the sixers are struggling it is always the coaches fault. Maybe it is Iverson's fault. Every player that leaves Philly is happy knowing in their new team they will actually get the ball.
E Snow was happy to go to Cleveland a couple of years ago, but he blows ass anyway, he can't make a jumper for his life.

Tony has an excuse of growing up with poor mechanics, but Snow has a nice looking shot, but he just sucks so badly.

AI will never take the Sixers to the Eastern Conference Finals again.

1Parker1
12-09-2005, 10:37 PM
Wow, Sixers beat the lowly Bobcats by 4 measley points at home :tu

They needed a 43 point effort from AI, 6 steals by Igodala, 5 Blocks by Dalambert, and 5 three pointers by Korver, but they got the job done!

:lol

AI-square
12-11-2005, 10:27 AM
They beat the Nets by 12. Surely that's not too shabby.

Obstructed_View
12-11-2005, 12:57 PM
Korver going 10 of 11 from the field was probably a factor in that.

1Parker1
12-11-2005, 01:12 PM
They beat the Nets by 12. Surely that's not too shabby.

No, that was impressive. I'm proud of them. My thing with them is their horrible inconsistency. Their next game, they'll probably lead 3 and 1/2 quarters and lose the game in the final 4 minutes.

Still, this is how good the Sixers can player if Korver, AI, Webber, Dalambert, and the other AI do their thing. (Korver usually does not score 25 points...)

AI-square
12-12-2005, 10:03 PM
The Sixers just halted the Timberwolves' 5-game winning streak, 90-89. Chris Webber had the game of his life with 27 points and 21 rebounds. He made the jumper that sent the game to OT and also made the winning basket. He even blocked Kevin Garnett twice in the last minute of OT. KG did not even get a double double.

1Parker1
12-12-2005, 10:19 PM
Nice! Like I said, Sixers have great potential, but are inconsistent. That was an awesome game tonight, but once again wilted away a 10 point lead in the final 4 minutes of the 4th quarter, which sent the game into OT.

I was watching NBC news last night and even the sportscaster was suprised with the Sixers, he's like "And get this people, the Sixers are in first place in their division!"

1Parker1
12-12-2005, 10:20 PM
PS. Despite the title of this thread, I don't hate the Sixers. They're actually my second fav team, behind the Spurs of course. I just always want them to get far in the playoffs and they always fall short.