PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Lee hasn't lost a step.

Brutalis
11-27-2005, 03:31 AM
Watching video of the first 13 games, I see Bowen playing just as good if not better this year.

If there was any rumors how he is getting old, apparently it doesn't mean a thing. I see another 5 years of this.

Thoughts?

mavsfan1000
11-27-2005, 03:49 AM
I'll give him one more year of playing like this. Everyone gets old.

Brutalis
11-27-2005, 03:50 AM
Yes but, that's on offense.

Playing defense is a different story. Especially when your whole career has been about and worked for that instead of offense.

George W. Bush
11-27-2005, 04:00 AM
#12's D is all about heart.

Look how old Reggie Miller was.

Sure, his lateral speed might slow down a bit after a couple more years, but his heart won't.

He needs someone to mentor.

Manu has caught on.

Maybe Parker is learning.

Sure could use another YOUNG hustler to follow Bruce's footsteps.

exstatic
11-27-2005, 09:57 AM
Not in the half court, but I've noticed a disturbing trend for the Spurs to get beat on the break this year. That used to NEVER happen if Bruce was on the court. Now it does.

boutons
11-27-2005, 10:33 AM
"#12's D is all about heart."

_ANYBODY's_ D is all about heart, as are all the hustle stats: D, rebounding, STLs, BS.

... is what disappoints when the Spurs play shitty D _AND_ get destroyed on the boards vs Bulls @SBC.

orhe
11-27-2005, 11:09 AM
bruce's and manu's individual defense makes me proud O_O
i see them defend players like almost no other player does... well tim too but he makes it look like he ain't exerting that much effort

GoSpurs21
11-27-2005, 11:42 AM
Watching video of the first 13 games, I see Bowen playing just as good if not better this year.

If there was any rumors how he is getting old, apparently it doesn't mean a thing. I see another 5 years of this.

Thoughts?you must be watching the games with your heart instead of your eyes. Bruce is getting burned on a constand pace. I have not seen Bruce play defence this bad since his first year on the Spurs. He has definitely lost a step. I still root for him and hope he is just getting into shape, but it definitely looks like Bruce is slower.

Obstructed_View
11-27-2005, 11:59 AM
you must be watching the games with your heart instead of your eyes. Bruce is getting burned on a constand pace. I have not seen Bruce play defence this bad since his first year on the Spurs. He has definitely lost a step. I still root for him and hope he is just getting into shape, but it definitely looks like Bruce is slower.
Who has burned him, exactly?

usckk
11-27-2005, 01:05 PM
Camelo and Arenas

Brutalis
11-27-2005, 04:03 PM
Everybody gets burned....

It's about, not getting burned consistantly...

In which I watched the videos again, and stick by what I said.

I think several people have made statements that later in the year, are gunna get pulled back up!

Obstructed_View
11-28-2005, 05:06 PM
Camelo and Arenas
Even if I were to concede that Carmelo "burned" Bowen, which I wouldn't, two games out of 13 is not exactly a "constant" pace. Both of those guys are all stars and take a lot of shots. Considering the Spurs' team defense is so bad, Bruce's individual defense looks that much better.

tlongII
11-28-2005, 05:23 PM
I don't know what Bowen plays, but it ain't basketball.

Brutalis
11-28-2005, 06:10 PM
I don't know what Bowen plays, but it ain't basketball.
I understand that comment coming from a Blazers fan, not knowing what basketball is.