PDA

View Full Version : Former Cowboys Wider Receiver Michael Irvin gets Arrested Again

Chris
11-27-2005, 08:46 PM
http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/DAL/9065640

Poor guy can't catch a break.

exstatic
11-27-2005, 09:06 PM
You generally have a better chance to "catch a break" if you don't have drug paraphenalia in your ride. Michael has, yet again, made his bed, and must lie in it.

Faccia di Angelo
11-27-2005, 09:16 PM
probably busted with weed or something. You would think he'd learned his lesson. By the way he speaks sometimes about the past I assumed he did. How disappointing. Wonder if we'll see him on Monday Night Countdown.

McKenzie
11-27-2005, 09:17 PM
WTF? First, being an NFL player couldn't keep him clean. Now, as a NFL host, he falls down? Screw that. Bust his ass. If it were you or I, we'd get popped hard.

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-27-2005, 09:36 PM
He was on this morning and was picked up on the 25th.

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-27-2005, 10:07 PM
Berman just said that ESPN is reviewing the situation and that Irvin will release a statement tonight.

Man, I love Michael Irvin...both his play on the field and his commentary, but this was his mistake and there is no getting around that.

I hope he stays on ESPN in his current capacity.

N.Y. Johnny
11-27-2005, 10:08 PM
Berman just read the statement on ESPN.

FUCK Michael....I know people rag on the guy and shit on him, some people hate him..I don't, I love the guy when he was a player at Miami and then loved the passion he brought to those Cowboys teams...fuck man..what a bummer and on 2nd round of the Hall Of Fame voting too...fuck he's screwed himself out of it for a long while now again.

Too bad Mike, you're fuckin it all up again bro.

N.Y. Johnny
11-27-2005, 10:09 PM
Berman just said that ESPN is reviewing the situation and that Irvin will release a statement tonight.

Man, I love Michael Irvin...both his play on the field and his commentary, but this was his mistake and there is no getting around that.

I hope he stays on ESPN in his current capacity.

I hope so too, but I doubt it...fuck i like the guy too :depressed

jochhejaam
11-27-2005, 10:13 PM
Apparently he didn't try the ol' "Do you know who I am" line again.

cecil collins
11-28-2005, 03:14 AM
Good. He almost pushed off all the way into the hall.

Kori Ellis
11-28-2005, 05:16 AM
Irvin says drug paraphernalia wasn't his

By PAUL J. WEBER, Associated Press Writer
November 27, 2005

DALLAS (AP) -- Former Dallas Cowboys receiver Michael Irvin was charged with misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia after Plano police officers searched his vehicle during a traffic stop.

Irvin, an ESPN analyst and semifinalist for the Pro Football Hall of Fame, told The Associated Press late Sunday that the drug pipe found in his car belonged to a friend of 17 years who left a Houston rehab center and came to Irvin's house in Carrollton for Thanksgiving. Irvin wouldn't reveal his friend's name.

Irvin said he put the pipe in his car because he didn't want it in his house where his children might find it. He said he planned to drive somewhere the next day, like a grocery trash bin, and throw the pipe away but forgot.

"It's a situation that is not as it seemed," said Irvin, whose voice was choked with emotion during the telephone conversation.

"I know the type of demons they have to fight and I am going to help them, because it's the only way I can keep them from getting to my family. I have to clean up my friends because they are around my boys. It's upsetting."

Irvin was arrested on an outstanding warrant for speeding in Irving after being pulled over Friday afternoon for speeding in Plano. Irvin said he thought he had paid the outstanding ticket.

Irvin paid a fine on the speeding ticket and posted bond on the drug paraphernalia possession charge. He was released about an hour after he was pulled over.

Irvin was a member of three Super Bowl championship teams with the Cowboys. Asked how this kind of publicity might affect his chances of induction into the hall of fame, Irvin said his helping his friends are more important.

"The whole thing means such a great deal for me, and hopefully one day it will be there," Irvin said. "But my friends and my family mean a little more. I would rather be helping them, even if it hurts that."

In 1996, Irvin pleaded no contest to felony cocaine possession in exchange for four years of deferred probation, a $10,000 fine and dismissal of misdemeanor marijuana possession charges. Irvin said Sunday he's always been transparent and open about his issues in the past, and now wants to help others through those same problems.

Irvin holds Cowboys records for catches (750), receiving yards (11,904) and 100-yard games (47), including a team-record seven in a row in 1991.

ESPN said it has spoken to Irvin, who will still appear on the network Monday as an analyst.

"We've talked to Michael, who explained the situation to us the way he did to the AP, and we will continue to talk with Michael," ESPN spokesman Josh Krulewitz said. "But you can expect to see him on `Monday Night Countdown' on Monday evening."

kskonn
11-28-2005, 08:59 AM
i am just going to believe him.... but I guess it was not actually drugs they caught him with, that is a step in the right direction for michael.

GiG's Doctor
11-28-2005, 09:57 AM
guilty

Spurminator
11-28-2005, 10:16 AM
When did drug paraphernalia become illegal anyway?

WGAF?

IceColdBrewski
11-28-2005, 10:20 AM
Once a Cowboy, always a Cowboy. :smokin

batman2883
11-28-2005, 11:23 AM
Kinda makes you wonder if he was really serving time when he was in "The Longest Yard"

2centsworth
11-28-2005, 12:09 PM
The absence of drugs from the car is enough reason for me to believe Michael for now.

IceColdBrewski
11-28-2005, 12:33 PM
The absence of drugs from the car is enough reason for me to believe Michael for now.

Really? I think you're the kind of person I've been looking for. Here's the deal. Don't ask how, but I was able to get my hands on some magic beans...

cecil collins
11-28-2005, 12:41 PM
I just don't like the guy. I could care less if he does drugs or not.

sa_butta
11-28-2005, 12:42 PM
Then if the paraphernalia does not belong to him, he should have no problem taking a drug test to clear his name and the doubters.

Beerjitsu
11-28-2005, 12:53 PM
Then if the paraphernalia does not belong to him, he should have no problem taking a drug test to clear his name and the doubters.

That's what I was thinking. He'd still be in violation of the law (hey, if it's in your possesion it's in your possesion) but testing and being found free of drugs would lend a lot of weight to his story. I'd believe him.

Heh, I loaned a jacket to a friend of mine once...a friend who was into the hippie lettuce. When I got it back there was a pipe in the pocket (with lots of residue) that he had forgotten about. Those things DO happen. And as for the warrant...meh, lots of people have forgotten about tickets, and you generally don't KNOW you have a warrant out until you get stopped or they do one of their "round-ups".

I really hope he's telling the truth. I find him to be VERY annoying (get off TO's jock already Mike!) but I did admire him for cleaning up his act. And if he really was just trying to help an addict clean up then he deserves major kudos. But if he tests positive...throw the book at him.

Beerjitsu
11-28-2005, 12:55 PM
lol at drug test

even if irvin was chopping rocks lno for the past 10 years, give him 2-3 days and he'll be clean as peyton manning (assuming manning would test negative)

Not if they do a hair test. I'm not an expert, but I dont think there's any way to beat one of those...short of shaving your whole body.

cecil collins
11-28-2005, 12:59 PM
Not if they do a hair test. I'm not an expert, but I dont think there's any way to beat one of those...short of shaving your whole body.
Who doesn't do that anyway?

Despot
11-28-2005, 03:37 PM

:lol You must have seen the same episode of 21 Jumpstreet as I did.

Jimcs50
11-28-2005, 03:40 PM
probably busted with weed or something. You would think he'd learned his lesson. By the way he speaks sometimes about the past I assumed he did. How disappointing. Wonder if we'll see him on Monday Night Countdown.

learned what lesson???

So he smokes marajuana...bfd.

This is bullshit.

tlongII
11-28-2005, 03:50 PM
I wonder what kind of pipe it was?

2centsworth
11-28-2005, 04:05 PM
Irvin admits who knew it was there. Furthermore, he said he put it there. Leads me to believe his story, but he needs to submit to a drug test or lie detector test.

tlongII
11-28-2005, 04:26 PM
i find it hard to belive that an intelligent person would put a pipe in his car to keep it away from his kids, rather than throwing it in the garbage and putting the garbage bag in the trash can

he's either an idiot, or he's lying

or both...

2centsworth
11-28-2005, 05:35 PM
I'm pulling for Mike and hope he's clean. If he's not clean then he needs to not worry about anything else except fixing his life. Drugs are such a waste of time, and it would be a shame for mike to be just another drug addict.

Faccia di Angelo
11-28-2005, 07:11 PM
learned what lesson???

So he smokes marajuana...bfd.

This is bullshit.
whats bullshit?
learned his lesson of messing with drugs and getting caught if in fact its true.
I don't care if he smokes marijuana or banana leaves, I was saying that I don't think it was as bad as coke or anything, probably just weed. I wasn't passing judgement on someone smoking out, calm down Jim. Its like someone else said, he made his bed now he has to lie in it, and if he's wanting to be in the HOF and erase some negativity some critics have of him, and leading a clean life, I don't see how this helps him. Thus, he hasn't learned his lesson. I guess everyone has their opinion. I hope he's telling the truth too cause I also like the guy.

Vashner
11-29-2005, 03:55 PM
He lied about the crack pipe of course it was his. He's on the rock...

McKenzie
11-29-2005, 04:06 PM
Kinda makes you wonder if he was really serving time when he was in "The Longest Yard"

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Ok, he was arrested on the old warrant. WTF? Doesn't that guy have enough dinero to pay for the speeding ticket in the first place? If he had he never would have been hauled in. Pipes are just another ticket charge.

Bloodline666
11-29-2005, 04:34 PM
Michael Irvin looks like he's becoming the permanently-retired version of the once-retired Ricky Williams.

But in my honest opinion, marijuana has no business being illegal. I think the whole "marijuwana is bad, mmkay?" thing is a cover-up for the real reason it was banned; the DuPont family lobbied Congress to ban marijuana so they could keep their monopoly on fibers.

Brutalis
11-29-2005, 04:43 PM
Michael Irvan is the only one who didn't clean up.

I mean, the Cowboys were known as drug dealers in Arkansas for a few years. I swear that old championship team must've had 40 guys high on meth. It was weird watching some of their games then, their players eyeballs looking like they're going to poke out of their heads.

Yep, when the Cowboys were crackheads, that was the good ole days.

Chris
11-29-2005, 05:22 PM
But in my honest opinion, marijuana has no business being illegal. I think the whole "marijuwana is bad, mmkay?" thing is a cover-up for the real reason it was banned; the DuPont family lobbied Congress to ban marijuana so they could keep their monopoly on fibers.

DuPont had a large part in it, as did the cotton gins, but major alcohol vendors lobbied for its illegalization as well, and still do.

Brutalis
11-29-2005, 05:30 PM
Yeah.. so they can make money.

Weed will NEVER BE LEGAL. The government cannot keep track of where it is and sold to even tax it. Even though its about as harmless as drinking, it doesnt matter. You cant legalize something that cant be kept up with and taxed.

And thats the only reason its not legal.

Marcus Bryant
11-29-2005, 05:45 PM
If weed is legalized I'm not sure the government will have much more of a problem regulating and taxing it any more than alcoholic beverages.

Vashner
11-29-2005, 06:56 PM
That's not his crack pipe.... is the same as

"I did not have sex with that woman... Monica Lewinsky"...

or "I didn't inhale" ... yea.

Look anyone that knows how bad that garbage is knows that addicts will lie, cheat and steal for it.