PDA

View Full Version : Pop Interview

Kori Ellis
11-28-2005, 06:02 AM
Pop doesn't think anyone should be "devastated" by the loss.

http://www.woai.com/mediacenter/default.aspx?videoId=177080

:lmao

alamo50
11-28-2005, 08:56 AM
Some reporters just should not be allowed in the practise facility.

boutons
11-28-2005, 09:30 AM
But he didn't sound like a happy coach.
He can't be happy with how thoroughly the Spurs got out hustled.

sanman53
11-28-2005, 10:20 AM
ha, Pop is so freaking funny! Has anyone sold their home yet????

genghisrex
11-28-2005, 11:04 AM
But he didn't sound like a happy coach.
He can't be happy with how thoroughly the Spurs got out hustled.
I think Pop probably secretly loves games like the Bulls loss early in the season. Not that he wouldn't rather have the team playing championship D from the get go, but it's better to start getting the kinks out now then to coast for a while on offense and get humbled later. Hopefully this helps him reign in the team a bit.

Hook Dem
11-28-2005, 11:04 AM
No one is a bigger fan than I am but some in here have gone completely bonkers thinking that it is the end of the world after a "loss". This team is under construction and in the end will be awesome. I, for one, can wait for the finished product. Has Pop not led us to the promised land before? Trust in him!!!! Pop is right. If he has failed at the end of the season, then you can rip him. Until then............STFU!

wildbill2u
11-28-2005, 12:06 PM
Some reporters just should not be allowed in the practise facility.

But they sound just like some posters on this site. In fact, I've seen worse comments and not just after a loss.

coopdogg3
11-28-2005, 12:44 PM
But they sound just like some posters on this site. In fact, I've seen worse comments and not just after a loss.

Yeah, but reporters get PAID to ask intelligent thought-provoking questions. Posters spend their time adding to the Spurs experience for free. Usually, I've found that posters add to my over-all enjoyment of this team. And then there are times when you get what you pay for.

50 cent
11-28-2005, 12:46 PM
The Spurs aren't going to win every game. Some of you need to get some perspective.

boutons
11-28-2005, 01:25 PM
I don't expect the Spurs to win every game, but I do expect them to show some effort, to want the W bad enough, against a known good team that already scared them @CHI, and to beat them again @SBC. Getting beat and out-statted @SBC isn't my idea of an acceptable, inevitable losss.

I'm ok with Spurs losses
with the other (lottery) team shooting 57% to Spurs 45%,
bad bounces,
lucky, buzzer-beating shots,
tired on 2nd of B2B,
road weariness,
January blahs,
an Arenas, or AHouston going nuttz and dropping 40+ in Spurs losses,

but I'm never ok with lack of effort or dumb basketball.

Supergirl
11-28-2005, 06:55 PM
Losing due to lack of effort is also part of the long season, like losing buzzer beaters and fighting fatigue.

Spurs have coasted to the top of the West right now, winning 10 games without much effort. They need a loss every now and then to snap back their focus. Which I predict will happen in the next game.

SequSpur
11-28-2005, 07:03 PM
I am okay with Spurs losses but not at home against the Chicago Bulls.

This game could cost homecourt advantage in the Finals.

1Parker1
11-28-2005, 07:31 PM
^That could be said for any loss.

spurschick
11-28-2005, 07:58 PM
Hmmmm.... sure wish that Cyber Bob would answer my email as to why I can't view the videos in the WOAI Media Center!!!!! :bang

SA Gunslinger
11-28-2005, 09:10 PM
Sean Elliott was right. The tryptopahn factor killed us.

boutons
11-28-2005, 11:11 PM
"can't view the videos"

you're running Internet Exploder or Firefox? I run Firefox but to see those woe-is-I vids, paste the URL into IE.

leemajors
11-29-2005, 01:41 AM
you can get a firefox plug-in to view stuff like that, it's called Media Player Connectivity. it will open the appropriate player for any embedded audio or video. or when the black box for the plugin comes onto the screen you can close it and it will play in the page.

spurschick
11-29-2005, 09:40 AM
"can't view the videos"

you're running Internet Exploder or Firefox? I run Firefox but to see those woe-is-I vids, paste the URL into IE.

I've tried four different browsers - none of them will play.

leemajors
11-29-2005, 12:33 PM
yeah, cause so many teams over the years have won 70.