PDA

View Full Version : Inflation

SpursforSix
01-29-2022, 02:16 PM
I realize it’s going on. But I’ve really only noticed it when getting gas. Whenever I go to the grocery store, I’m always buying a different mix of things and really never look at each item’s price. Today I went through McDonalds for the first time in a while. One Big Mac meal and one Quarter Pounder meal were $18 and change (not larges).

ChumpDumper
01-29-2022, 02:51 PM
I realize it’s going on. But I’ve really only noticed it when getting gas. Whenever I go to the grocery store, I’m always buying a different mix of things and really never look at each item’s price. Today I went through McDonalds for the first time in a while. One Big Mac meal and one Quarter Pounder meal were $18 and change (not larges).If you eat at McDonald's even once a month, you'd probably save money with their app. Current daily deal is buy one Big Mac/Quarter Pounder/Filet-O-Fish, get one free. Could probably work the fries and drinks to get that meal under $10. Also, curbside delivery through the app might make you never want to use the drive thru again.

Also yes, inflation sucks.

Millennial_Messiah
01-29-2022, 05:07 PM
Don't eat fast food, use gasbuddy, cook at home, lobby the fed to raise interest rates to over 5%, etc

SpursforSix
01-29-2022, 05:09 PM
If you eat at McDonald's even once a month, you'd probably save money with their app. Current daily deal is buy one Big Mac/Quarter Pounder/Filet-O-Fish, get one free. Could probably work the fries and drinks to get that meal under $10. Also, curbside delivery through the app might make you never want to use the drive thru again.

Also yes, inflation sucks.

I only go a couple of times a year (if that). I’ll always get one McRib in fall. This is the first time I’ve picked up meals in a long time. That’s good info though.

Millennial_Messiah
01-29-2022, 05:21 PM
I only go a couple of times a year (if that). I’ll always get one McRib in fall. This is the first time I’ve picked up meals in a long time. That’s good info though.

I used to get a fuckton of them from like 2011-2014, usually around November-early December. Heck that was my Thanksgiving dinner one year in college. When they had the two for $6 meal combo special and / or the buy one meal for 5 bucks get the second McRib for an extra $1, that shit was the bomb. I don't think they've had those specials though for at least a half decade.

SpursforSix
01-29-2022, 05:53 PM
I used to get a fuckton of them from like 2011-2014, usually around November-early December. Heck that was my Thanksgiving dinner one year in college. When they had the two for $6 meal combo special and / or the buy one meal for 5 bucks get the second McRib for an extra $1, that shit was the bomb. I don't think they've had those specials though for at least a half decade.

I’ve definitely gone through periods of that. Even though I know the food is trash, I’d still go get it. I’ve seen all the videos and docs. But damn, it tastes good.

Millennial_Messiah
01-30-2022, 01:53 AM
I’ve definitely gone through periods of that. Even though I know the food is trash, I’d still go get it. I’ve seen all the videos and docs. But damn, it tastes good.

I don't think I've eaten McDonald's once in the past five years or so. Burger king and Arby's are my two go to's if I have to have fast food

SpursforSix
01-30-2022, 12:27 PM
Where ya been at? Any fast food meal is usually 8 bucks? I always eat out to eat. Probably spend 1 to 2 hundred bucks a day. If ya poor vote dem ya. :lol

Damn. Congrats on being stupid enough to do that and having a job that allows you to support that.

Millennial_Messiah
01-30-2022, 02:11 PM
Thanks man. Ya will get there in time. I started from the bottom. I'm humble with it. But for real. Repugs will take all ur safety nets. Vote dem for your health and wallet.
vote dem to get 120k a year back in fake tax deductions :lol

Dirks_Finale
01-30-2022, 02:55 PM
Vote dem for massive inflation

FIFY

SpursforSix
01-30-2022, 04:06 PM
Thanks man. Ya will get there in time. I started from the bottom. I'm humble with it. But for real. Repugs will take all ur safety nets. Vote dem for your health and wallet.

Dude…I have about twenty BEATS products.

baseline bum
01-30-2022, 04:28 PM
Dude…I have about twenty BEATS products.

Damn they break that quick? Ouch.

SpursforSix
01-30-2022, 04:35 PM
Damn they break that quick? Ouch.

haha. No…they all work of course. They’re investments. Google, “Dr. Dre”. You’ll understand.

Blake
01-30-2022, 09:57 PM
I realize it’s going on. But I’ve really only noticed it when getting gas. Whenever I go to the grocery store, I’m always buying a different mix of things and really never look at each item’s price. Today I went through McDonalds for the first time in a while. One Big Mac meal and one Quarter Pounder meal were $18 and change (not larges).

Just noticed today that milk went up at the grocery store.

Dollar Tree is now 1.25 Tree.

Property taxes went up because value went up.

I mean I'm making more now than last year but it's all evened out. I guess that's the way it's always been...?

SpursforSix
01-30-2022, 10:05 PM
10677268 (tel:10677268)[/URL]]Just noticed today that milk went up at the grocery store.

I mean I'm making more now than last year but it's all evened out. I guess that's the way it's always been...?

Property taxes are bullshit imo. We live in an older neighborhood with old houses in the country. But we’re getting assessed based on new neighborhoods with brand new houses on a square foot basis. Even though our house is 20 years old and our roads are trash.

Millennial_Messiah
01-31-2022, 12:04 AM
Just noticed today that milk went up at the grocery store.

Not for the impoverished tbh

It's very hard to shoplift from a place like Dollar(.25) Tree or Dollar General without getting caught. They may be ghetto but they have cameras and shit everywhere. Profit margins are narrow, planned, and fixed, so they put a heavy emphasis on security. It's much, much easier to 'lift from an HEB or Walmart tbh. Not suggesting you or anyone else do that, it's just the facts. They are about scale economies so they really only care about the expensive and high demand shit. Example: the spider alarms on the video game apparel, electronics, some cosmetics and some of the more expensive shit at Walmart.

Millennial_Messiah
01-31-2022, 12:05 AM
haha. No…they all work of course. They’re investments. Google, “Dr. Dre”. You’ll understand.

heck, even Weird Al in 2002 made a song about selling kleenex used by Dr. Dre on Ebay. So you know it

Blake
01-31-2022, 01:25 AM
Not for the impoverished tbh

It's very hard to shoplift from a place like Dollar(.25) Tree or Dollar General without getting caught. They may be ghetto but they have cameras and shit everywhere. Profit margins are narrow, planned, and fixed, so they put a heavy emphasis on security. It's much, much easier to 'lift from an HEB or Walmart tbh. Not suggesting you or anyone else do that, it's just the facts. They are about scale economies so they really only care about the expensive and high demand shit. Example: the spider alarms on the video game apparel, electronics, some cosmetics and some of the more expensive shit at Walmart.

The times I've been in dollar tree it seems like it would easy as hell to steal some one dollar items. There's no security guards and there's like two miserable employees running the whole store that don't care.

But you seem to know about stealing from Walmart so I'll take your word for it

Millennial_Messiah
01-31-2022, 01:32 AM
The times I've been in dollar tree it seems like it would easy as hell to steal some one dollar items. There's no security guards and there's like two miserable employees running the whole store that don't care.

But you seem to know about stealing from Walmart so I'll take your word for it

You'd be surprised. And no I don't steal from Walmart nor the dollar store.