PDA

View Full Version : Was at the game tonight!

Atl Spur
02-11-2022, 11:57 PM
We have potential to be really good and swarm on defense! Primo is bigger than I thought and Devin was really engaged.

kht
02-12-2022, 12:00 AM
Yup... Primo is a legit 6'4" guy...possibly still growing. He has a bigger frame since he was drafted and has sneaky hops.

BatManu20
02-12-2022, 12:01 AM
Would love if Primo hit a late growth spurt and grew another inch or two.

Mr. Body
02-12-2022, 12:04 AM
Primo is massive compared to Dejounte.

John B
02-12-2022, 04:53 AM
Primo is listed 6’4” 189lbs, but looks bigger maybe 6”5” or 6’6”. I think he’ll be about 210lbs strong

Allan Rowe vs Wade
02-12-2022, 06:17 AM
How much did lonnie suck live?

Also grats good game to catch

Dejounte
02-12-2022, 08:49 AM
https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/dejounte-murray-and-joshua-primo-of-the-san-antonio-spurs-embrace-picture-id1238393783?s=2048x2048

Atl Spur
02-12-2022, 09:19 AM
Yeah, My girlfriend said Lonnie’s done with the spurs! His body language was awful and his inability to handle ball is mind blowing! Primo and Devin looked good, Keldon can shoot! If we get Romeo’s shot together…..look out. I’m very excited about this squads potential

Biggems
02-12-2022, 09:45 AM
I like Lonnie as a person. However, as a player he leaves me thirsty. One game he explodes, then disappears for a week, then explodes again. That is too off and on for me. I want consistency for a player who is stealing regular minutes in the rotation. His shot is sporadic, he is a turnover machine, and for a guy with his size and athleticism, he is a shit defender.

Collins is pure ass. I know he was rehabbing a serious injury and all, but damn he sucks. His basic fundamentals are lacking. He can't finish at the rim. When covered in the post, he completely misses wide open teammates. His rebounding angles and effort are horrid. Honestly, he looked like a newborn baby giraffe out there, all awkward and stumbling about.

I wish we could have included Lonnie and Collins in some of those trades before the deadline and increased our haul of future assets.

Atl Spur
02-12-2022, 09:59 AM
I like Lonnie as a person. However, as a player he leaves me thirsty. One game he explodes, then disappears for a week, then explodes again. That is too off and on for me. I want consistency for a player who is stealing regular minutes in the rotation. His shot is sporadic, he is a turnover machine, and for a guy with his size and athleticism, he is a shit defender.

Collins is pure ass. I know he was rehabbing a serious injury and all, but damn he sucks. His basic fundamentals are lacking. He can't finish at the rim. When covered in the post, he completely misses wide open teammates. His rebounding angles and effort are horrid. Honestly, he looked like a newborn baby giraffe out there, all awkward and stumbling about.

I wish we could have included Lonnie and Collins in some of those trades before the deadline and increased our haul of future assets.

I agree Collins needs some more burn to get right but he is skilled trust me! He was pissed at himself to the point pop said nothing to him! If Collins isn’t together by end of season /start of next season I’ll be onboard with you!

John B
02-12-2022, 10:17 AM

I disagree with your assessment of Zollins. He’s a fighter out there, always trying to get the 50/50. He was 5/4/2 last night in 17 minutes, and connected 2 of 6, including a 3. The guy didn’t play for almost two years. Give the guy a break. He’s competing against the best players in the world, NBA. He’s going to get stronger and start trusting his body again.

It’s Poeltl who got beat time and again in rebounding. I’m liking his offense more, but his on-man defense is still lacking, and for goodness sake, don’t overhelp and leave your guy too early, and close that passing lane when you did. He needs to constantly put a body on his guy instead of just trying to out jump him.

wildbill2u
02-12-2022, 11:14 AM
In the picture above of Primo and DJM, Primo looks a hair taller and calves look a tad more muscular. Even if he doesn't grow taller, he will fill out that frame with some additional muscle as he grows older and especially if he is diligent in the weight room. I already like the way he tries to make tough passes to teammates in the paint or cutting. He's no Derrick on defense yet, but he works hard to get around screens and has some hops under the basket among the BBs. He will do fine assuming he can shoot as expected:eyebrows

RC_Drunkford
02-12-2022, 11:53 AM
Collins is just playing to get his feel for the game back. You can't really judge him this season. Next season is where he has to show something

D-Robinson 50 fan
02-12-2022, 11:57 AM
Yup... Primo is a legit 6'4" guy...possibly still growing. He has a bigger frame since he was drafted and has sneaky hops.

i think Primo is taller than 6’4”

ive went to a couple of games and he was clearly taller than DJ & White. Plus he isn’t a skinny dude like you stated.

Ocotillo
02-12-2022, 12:14 PM
It’s Poeltl who got beat time and again in rebounding.

Looking at the boxscore, DJ was the team leader for boards at 10 and that was like twice as much as anyone else. We really need someone at the 4 who can grab a board.

D-Robinson 50 fan
02-12-2022, 12:22 PM
Looking at the boxscore, DJ was the team leader for boards at 10 and that was like twice as much as anyone else. We really need someone at the 4 who can grab a board.

the team boxes out terribly. I’m surprised we are ranked as well as we are in rebounding. SMH

yes it would be nice to have a 4 who crashed the boards better but after watching the games, what truly matters is our poor boxing out practices. Guys are always in position to grab rebounds, (unless they are long ones) but they get beat because they don’t put their bodies on the offensive players when the shot is up.

Basic fundamentals would help keep bigger teams from getting easy offensive rebounds and might actually get some teams in foul trouble.

pookenstein
02-12-2022, 12:54 PM
I think Sean said a few games ago that Primo is 6'5" and his growth plates are still open, so he might not be done growing. He added that, in his opinio, Primo should target a weight around 210 if I remember correctly.

ceperez
02-12-2022, 01:21 PM
I think Sean said a few games ago that Primo is 6'5" and his growth plates are still open, so he might not be done growing. He added that, in his opinio, Primo should target a weight around 210 if I remember correctly.

The kid might be 6'8" before he stops growing. Gianis kept growing for years after he got drafted.

TDMVPDPOY
02-12-2022, 06:23 PM
spurs really need a big who can rebound, defend, attempt to block shots, roll to the floor for easy baskets, doesnt need to shoot the 3....plenty of scrubs like that in the league but spurs cant even sign 1 of them :(

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-12-2022, 08:51 PM
I like Collins. Far better skillset than Eubanks or Landale.

rankingtear
02-13-2022, 02:53 AM
spurs really need a big who can rebound, defend, attempt to block shots, roll to the floor for easy baskets, doesnt need to shoot the 3....plenty of scrubs like that in the league but spurs cant even sign 1 of them :(
Pretty sure you just described Cacok.

mystargtr34
02-13-2022, 08:22 AM
Primo's measurements were taken at the draft combine.

6'4" without shoes which is about 6'5" or 6'6" in the old NBA measurements with shoes. 6'9.25" wingspan which is good and a 8'6" standing reach which is ok. He has huge hands though 9" long and 10" width. Some of the biggest hands in the entire draft.

He can easily play either the 2 or 3 in todays NBA. He would be a little undersized as a 3 in the old NBA but these days with most teams playing with just 1 big he can play and guard 1 through 3 imo.

https://www.nba.com/stats/draft/combine-anthro/?sort=PLAYER_NAME&dir=-1&SeasonYear=2021-22

Atl Spur
02-13-2022, 12:04 PM
People asked for primo to play with the big club and pop obliged!