PDA

View Full Version : Some Emmanuel Acho Love For TD

Thomas82
02-25-2022, 09:55 AM
Ex-NFL player Emmanuel Acho says that Tim Duncan is the most underappreciated athlete in sports history and says he's definitely a top 5 all-time player:

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/nba/tim-duncan-the-most-underrated-athlete-in-american-sports-history?fbclid=IwAR0X07zX2cp6wyKDbU3WMtzTezV36_u2y SdvoGTM39GjNrFVN5IbVivcE2Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTQMf0j7_CI

He talks about TD at around the 13-minute mark.

John B
02-25-2022, 11:21 AM
Ex-NFL player Emmanuel Acho says that Tim Duncan is the most underappreciated athlete in sports history and says he's definitely a top 5 all-time player:

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/nba/tim-duncan-the-most-underrated-athlete-in-american-sports-history?fbclid=IwAR0X07zX2cp6wyKDbU3WMtzTezV36_u2y SdvoGTM39GjNrFVN5IbVivcE2Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTQMf0j7_CI

He talks about TD at around the 13-minute mark.

I like that until the comeback was about Lebron. I personally have Timmy at no. 2, arguably in GOAT discussion because of longevity (did not miss a playoff in his career), plus without help of other superstars (no disrespect to my favorite player Manu, and Tony). Total package, defense, offense, how long he did it for, styles of game. IF Spurs won 2013, he matched MJ ring count. The only thing was Timmy never repeat, nor tripeat like Jordan did, and that makes Jordan mire dominant.

Thomas82
02-25-2022, 11:31 AM
I like that until the comeback was about Lebron. I personally have Timmy at no. 2, arguably in GOAT discussion because of longevity (did not miss a playoff in his career), plus without help of other superstars (no disrespect to my favorite player Manu, and Tony). Total package, defense, offense, how long he did it for, styles of game. IF Spurs won 2013, he matched MJ ring count. The only thing was Timmy never repeat, nor tripeat like Jordan did, and that makes Jordan mire dominant.

All valid points, but we can't forget that Tim played most of his career on 1 leg. IMO, that should weigh heavily into any argument in his favor.

daslicer
02-25-2022, 01:45 PM

For me I have Tim ranked 3 after Jordan and Kareem.

Thomas82
02-25-2022, 02:37 PM
For me I have Tim ranked 3 after Jordan and Kareem.

That's also a good place to have him.

Proxy
02-25-2022, 03:38 PM
MJ, TD, Shaq top 3 imo

ginobilized
02-25-2022, 03:58 PM
TD is the only player that I can recall making a winning play with:

1) shot
2) block
3) inbounds pass
4) screen
5) lock down d to force a bad shot or turnover
6) decoy
7) assist
8) rebound

He was only trying to win. Imagine him sitting out when Pop drew up a play for Manu for a game winner. His execution was impeccable
TD was one of a kind as a player. Nice to know someone outside of the Spurs fanbase appreciates him, too.

exstatic
02-25-2022, 03:58 PM
MJ, TD, Shaq top 3 imo

Shaq is hella overrated. He was a physically dominant offensive player. That’s it. bbref has a section where they tally All League awards, All Rookie, All D, and All NBA. Shaq had 18. Tim had 31. He’s just a much more complete player than Shaq.

Proxy
02-25-2022, 05:46 PM
Shaq is hella overrated. He was a physically dominant offensive player. That’s it. bbref has a section where they tally All League awards, All Rookie, All D, and All NBA. Shaq had 18. Tim had 31. He’s just a much more complete player than Shaq.

Yeah I agree, I have TD listed first. That physical dominance is enough for me to have him over the rest though, skills or not. Smashing dunks on the Twin Towers and those Pistons teams is a unique dominance that no other player can claim.

RC_Drunkford
02-25-2022, 06:53 PM

same here. And he beat LeBron twice

exstatic
02-25-2022, 07:12 PM
Yeah I agree, I have TD listed first. That physical dominance is enough for me to have him over the rest though, skills or not. Smashing dunks on the Twin Towers and those Pistons teams is a unique dominance that no other player can claim.

Twin towers took Shaq out more than once, and a dunk is only two points. Pistons beat the dunking dynamo, too.

I used to tell people that at 6’8”, Shaq would be Bo Outlaw, but Tim and David would be All Star forwards.

spurraider21
02-25-2022, 08:01 PM
random celebrity says nice thing about spurs

YAAAS

random celebrity says mean thing about spurs

lmao who cares what this guy thinks

spurraider21
02-25-2022, 08:02 PM
Twin towers took Shaq out more than once, and a dunk is only two points. Pistons beat the dunking dynamo, too.

I used to tell people that at 6’8”, Shaq would be Bo Outlaw, but Tim and David would be All Star forwards.
but shaq was not 6'8

what if tim duncan was 3 feet tall

exstatic
02-25-2022, 08:24 PM
but shaq was not 6'8

what if tim duncan was 3 feet tall

Did you feel the breeze as the analogy of shrinking all three of them to 6’8” went right over your head? The obvious point was that Timand David were and would be elite bball players at any height, while Shaq was just a behemoth.

spurraider21
02-25-2022, 08:33 PM
Did you feel the breeze as the analogy of shrinking all three of them to 6’8” went right over your head? The obvious point was that Timand David were and would be elite bball players at any height, while Shaq was just a behemoth.
who cares what they would have been at a different height. they were who they were.

exstatic
02-25-2022, 08:46 PM
who cares what they would have been at a different height. they were who they were.

Missed the point, again. God, you’re either stupid, or lack the ability to read with context.

Biggems
02-26-2022, 11:12 AM

I was thinking from a build standpoint, older shaq would resemble Oliver Miller. I know in his younger days he was in very good shape, so I could see the Bo Outlaw reference. But at 6'8, no way he could bully people in the paint the way he did for his entire career. However, he does have a good amount of skill.....he may have developed into a top level wing player who could hit the 3 with great regularity, could play some point-forward, and even defend against the smaller post players.

Biggems
02-26-2022, 11:13 AM
my all-time starters

PG Magic Johnson
SG Michael Jordan
SF Lebron James
PF Tim Duncan
C Kareen Abdul-Jabbar

Biggems
02-26-2022, 11:20 AM
BTW, what makes Duncan shine above all the others was that he did it with 1 franchise for 2 decades while also dealing with a small market, cash-strapped team that was also not a very desirable place for top level free agents. He not only was great, but he made his teammates great. Kobe was great, but he didn't build up his teammates, the same with Garnett. I am so thankful he was a Spur, but I guarantee if he were a Laker or Celtic, he would be considered in the top 3 easily without argument.

I also firmly believe that if you take anyone else in the top 10, they may win some rings, but they will not have the 2 decades of sustained success that Timmy had, given the conditions he had to deal with (team finances and lack of quality FAs)

Proxy
02-26-2022, 02:38 PM

Yeah, no disagreement here. Not gonna penalize Shaq for it though, he's an athletic freak to be that big with that coordination, and the results speak for themselves.... and dude... don't make me argue for a Laker... /Sun/Celtic/Cav/Heat, I'm already feeling gross.

$pursDynasty
02-28-2022, 11:15 AM
for me it goes
#1 Kareem, the disrespect is real
#2 MJ
#3 TD the TD vs Kobe talk is disrespectful as is the Lebron banter, no team that had TD on it was ever out of the playoffs for that long a period of time that puts him above Kobe and LeKing

Ice009
03-01-2022, 12:37 AM
I don't even know why I put Lebron 3rd. I just put him there due to his stats. I'd prefer Kobe if I had to choose between the two for my own team.

Thomas82
03-01-2022, 03:06 PM
I don't even know why I put Lebron 3rd. I just put him there due to his stats. I'd prefer Kobe if I had to choose between the two for my own team.

I don't even have him in my top 5.

Ice009
03-04-2022, 06:57 AM
I don't even have him in my top 5.

I wonder what kind of career Lebron would have had if he never left Cleveland and formed that Miami Heat superteam. They wouldn't have been able to draft Kyrie if he never left either. He may have ended up as the Karl Malone of his generation. Great stats, great player, great longevity, but no rings.

Amazing what stacked teams did for his legacy. I really do wonder how he would have went in an alternate timeline like the one I mentioned/set out.

CGD
03-04-2022, 08:01 AM
I can understand Shaq v Duncan to an extent, but the one that gets me riled up is when the press puts KG in the same air as Duncan. Give me a fucking break.

Thomas82
03-04-2022, 02:49 PM
I wonder what kind of career Lebron would have had if he never left Cleveland and formed that Miami Heat superteam. They wouldn't have been able to draft Kyrie if he never left either. He may have ended up as the Karl Malone of his generation. Great stats, great player, great longevity, but no rings.

Amazing what stacked teams did for his legacy. I really do wonder how he would have went in an alternate timeline like the one I mentioned/set out.

All facts!!