PDA

View Full Version : Tyreek Hill to Dolphins

spurraider21
03-23-2022, 11:50 AM
craziest offseason ever

FrostKing
03-23-2022, 11:58 AM
Holy shit. Dolphins should be investigated for collusion.

Raven
03-23-2022, 12:21 PM
such a dolphins move

Will Hunting
03-23-2022, 01:47 PM
The Dolphins relish playing the role of village idiot that overpays for players who are 1-2 yrs away from being past their prime

Millennial_Messiah
03-23-2022, 01:58 PM
looks like Mecole Hardman will have to step it up in a big way. He's only 24 but he's entering the last year of his rookie deal and he's going to be the new WR1 there.

Robz4000
03-23-2022, 02:12 PM
Rare to find a trade that makes both teams worse tbh.

Blake
03-23-2022, 03:02 PM

:lol

Blake
03-23-2022, 03:13 PM
Salary cap casualties. KC trying luck with rookie draft pick salaries.

Isitjustme?
03-23-2022, 04:13 PM
Really stupid trade by the Chiefs. Letting Hill play out next year when he's still dominant and probably could help them win or get to a championship is better than a bunch of mediocre draft picks. The way NFL fans fetishize the draft is pretty fucking hilarious

Isitjustme?
03-23-2022, 04:15 PM
"The Chiefs' wide receiver corps now includes free-agent addition JuJu Smith-Schuster, Mecole Hardman, Josh Gordon, Justin Watson, Cornell Powell, Gehrig Dieter and Corey Coleman."

Yikes. Lol

Blake
03-23-2022, 04:47 PM
"The Chiefs' wide receiver corps now includes free-agent addition JuJu Smith-Schuster, Mecole Hardman, Josh Gordon, Justin Watson, Cornell Powell, Gehrig Dieter and Corey Coleman."

Yikes. Lol

So basically Gronk will get 20 touches a game

Millennial_Messiah
03-23-2022, 05:08 PM
So basically Gronk will get 20 touches a game

you mean Kelce?

Millennial_Messiah
03-23-2022, 05:10 PM

How does it make Miami worse? At some point they have to go all-in with Tagovailoa or rebuild. They already pretty much made their bed by firing Flores; they had to get rid of one of Tu'a or Flores because Flores wanted a different quarterback. Pairing Waddle and Hill and signings on the offensive line will make 2022 a make-it-or-break-it year for Tu'a 's NFL future.

FrostKing
03-23-2022, 05:24 PM
"Shouldn't Dynasties win more than 1"

Blake
03-23-2022, 05:33 PM
you mean Kelce?

Lol I'm beat down tired today.

FrostKing
03-23-2022, 07:32 PM
https://i.ibb.co/RPVfT66/IMG-0245.jpg

Mitch
03-23-2022, 08:36 PM
Had to nerf the AFC somehow :lol

Isitjustme?
03-24-2022, 04:50 AM
Really stupid trade by the Chiefs. Letting Hill play out next year when he's still dominant and probably could help them win or get to a championship is better than a bunch of mediocre draft picks. The way NFL fans fetishize the draft is pretty fucking hilarious

looks like Hill refused to play this season on his current contract per reports so I take this back. Maybe should have called his bluff but this is a decent package considering that

Will Hunting
03-24-2022, 07:32 AM

Yikes. Lol
JuJu on a one year prove it deal could be nasty with Mahomes as his QB. IIRC he's been banged up the last few years.

Blake
03-24-2022, 07:52 AM
I mean, Hill literally won them a few games almost by himself but damn, 5 draft picks and you don't have to overpay a WR. That's the Patriot method.

Isitjustme?
03-24-2022, 08:21 AM
JuJu on a one year prove it deal could be nasty with Mahomes as his QB. IIRC he's been banged up the last few years.

I guess. But he also has been averaging like 8 yards a catch. Rapelisberger was pretty washed tho

Will Hunting
03-24-2022, 08:30 AM
Ultimately, the only real way to consistently compete when your QB has a cap hit of $40mm+ is to be getting great production out of younger players on rookie deals and to keep replenishing your pool of said younger players on rookie deals.

Mahomes cap hit in 2023 is going to be $46 million, it would have been impossible to field a competitive team if Mahomes and Hill put together were eating up $70 million+ of cap space.

Isitjustme?
03-24-2022, 08:33 AM
I mean, Hill literally won them a few games almost by himself but damn, 5 draft picks and you don't have to overpay a WR. That's the Patriot method.

Patriots are maybe the worst team in the league at drafting wideouts or one of the worst. They just got lucky cuz all these free agents wanted to come sign with Brady to win a ring. Maybe same thing happens with Mahomes and KC but he isn't leaving any money on the table so far with his contract like Brady did

Will Hunting
03-24-2022, 09:44 AM
Patriots are maybe the worst team in the league at drafting wideouts or one of the worst. They just got lucky cuz all these free agents wanted to come sign with Brady to win a ring. Maybe same thing happens with Mahomes and KC but he isn't leaving any money on the table so far with his contract like Brady did
They also just largely won without a marquee wideout.

It makes you wonder how god-like Brady's career stats would be if he had the weapons he has in Tampa Bay his entire career. Whenever he's had an elite wideout (Moss, Evans, etc.) his passing stats have been on another level, and the seasons where his stats weren't ungodly were when he had basically no weapons to throw to against a team capable of defending Edelman/Welker.

Blake
03-24-2022, 12:25 PM

At some point Patrick will restructure. They almost always do,

FrostKing
03-24-2022, 01:06 PM
Imagine being a central face in American sports but stuck in Missouri

All this Patriots talk. That defense was nearly always elite. With a elite Coach to run it.

Oh and that division. Except for a few seasons, it was always a free pass to hosting the Divisional Round

spurraider21
03-24-2022, 03:22 PM
some teams do well by constantly stacking picks, even in middle rounds, riding the comp pick formula to sustained success (ravens/packers are the modern examples of this). its a viable formula, but does require above average drafting.

the chiefs have been pretty hit or miss in that way... we'll see what they can do with 5 extra picks. you call them mediocre, but they got a 1 and a 2. those are far from mediocre. no shot the chiefs are better off this season, but hill doesnt look like a player who will age gracefully, and he's no spring chicken. they have mahomes for 10 years and hill will start declining in a few years.

leemajors
03-24-2022, 04:03 PM
Cedric Wilson, $12M 4th receiver.

Blake
03-24-2022, 04:57 PM
Lol Miami. At least they're trying.

Millennial_Messiah
03-25-2022, 05:24 AM
The Chiefs just landed Marquez Valdez-Scantling. All-pro level elite talent but underutilized by a megalomaniac QB who played favorites with that other guy. MVS is just as fast as Hill and is 6'5". Basically Calvin Johnson level talent when utilized properly. The Chiefs are in good hands.

Isitjustme?
03-25-2022, 12:02 PM
some teams do well by constantly stacking picks, even in middle rounds, riding the comp pick formula to sustained success (ravens/packers are the modern examples of this). its a viable formula, but does require above average drafting.

the chiefs have been pretty hit or miss in that way... we'll see what they can do with 5 extra picks. you call them mediocre, but they got a 1 and a 2. those are far from mediocre. no shot the chiefs are better off this season, but hill doesnt look like a player who will age gracefully, and he's no spring chicken. they have mahomes for 10 years and hill will start declining in a few years.

Yeah, I think second round picks average like 15% chance to make a single pro bowl then it goes down to like 8% chance for a third round pick iirc. Since he's short and relies on speed he may decline quickly but them keeping him is to me it's like if Aaron Rodgers was 26 or Tom Brady was 26 and they traded a 29 overall pick and then some second and third round picks for Tyreek Hill I think it would be a steal.

Because Mahomes is young and in his prime it would be like on of those guys in their prime getting a super awesome receiver. People say he's just a deepthroat or some bullshit like that but a lot of his deep long TD receptions I just him getting five yard outs and then doing like a punt return type moves on the field and turning it into an 50 yard reception.

So I think his value will be higher to the chiefs since they're a contender. The Rams traded a second and a third for like half a season of von Miller and a playoff run with him and it was well worth it.

Isitjustme?
03-25-2022, 12:04 PM
The Chiefs just landed Marquez Valdez-Scantling. All-pro level elite talent but underutilized by a megalomaniac QB who played favorites with that other guy. MVS is just as fast as Hill and is 6'5". Basically Calvin Johnson level talent when utilized properly. The Chiefs are in good hands.

That guy does have a lot of talent but it seems laughable to assume he'll be as good as Tyreek Hill in KC but I almost root for it cuz it would make Diva playoff choker Rogers look like such a shit head.

spurraider21
03-25-2022, 12:41 PM
Yeah, I think second round picks average like 15% chance to make a single pro bowl then it goes down to like 8% chance for a third round pick iirc. Since he's short and relies on speed he may decline quickly but them keeping him is to me it's like if Aaron Rodgers was 26 or Tom Brady was 26 and they traded a 29 overall pick and then some second and third round picks for Tyreek Hill I think it would be a steal.

Because Mahomes is young and in his prime it would be like on of those guys in their prime getting a super awesome receiver. People say he's just a deepthroat or some bullshit like that but a lot of his deep long TD receptions I just him getting five yard outs and then doing like a punt return type moves on the field and turning it into an 50 yard reception.

So I think his value will be higher to the chiefs since they're a contender. The Rams traded a second and a third for like half a season of von Miller and a playoff run with him and it was well worth it.
pro bowler is the wrong standard to use. if you are signing even just an average established starter out of free agency you are paying several million dollars per year. having a number of starting or even good rotational players on rookie deals is a big advantage

leemajors
03-25-2022, 01:58 PM
pro bowler is the wrong standard to use. if you are signing even just an average established starter out of free agency you are paying several million dollars per year. having a number of starting or even good rotational players on rookie deals is a big advantage

Bonus too if they are good special teams players and rotational players.

Millennial_Messiah
03-25-2022, 04:13 PM
That guy does have a lot of talent but it seems laughable to assume he'll be as good as Tyreek Hill in KC but I almost root for it cuz it would make Diva playoff choker Rogers look like such a shit head.

He is already a shit head, but yeah Rodgers underutilized him dramatically and rarely threw him the ball when he was wide open because Adams was available for the first down.

Isitjustme?
03-25-2022, 05:54 PM

I guess, but the Rams just won a Super Bowl by doing the ext opposite; trading mostly middling picks (nothing top 20 in the draft iirc) for Miller, Stafford, Ramsey, et al. Would have taken one more year of Tyreek and then the third-round compensatory pick over this deal. But he made it clear he wouldn't play this year apparently so not really against this deal anymore. I am a much bigger supporter of their formula since I am not afflicted with the NFL Draft fetish that i think many fans have.

to be fair, I think Rams plan is to rig it so they rake in compensatory picks for players who they get in trades but then leave to make up the ones they lost in trades somewhat. iirc I read somewhere is how they fill out their backend depth. Signing a player takes away a compensatory pick but they seem to get multiple compensatory picks almost every year or some shit

spurraider21
03-25-2022, 05:59 PM
I guess, but the Rams just won a Super Bowl by doing the ext opposite; trading mostly middling picks (nothing top 20 in the draft iirc) for Miller, Stafford, Ramsey, et al. Would have taken one more year of Tyreek and then the third-round compensatory pick over this deal. But he made it clear he wouldn't play this year apparently so not really against this deal anymore. I am a much bigger supporter of their formula since I am not afflicted with the NFL Draft fetish that i think many fans have.

to be fair, I think Rams plan is to rig it so they rake in compensatory picks for players who they get in trades but then leave to make up the ones they lost in trades somewhat. iirc I read somewhere is how they fill out their backend depth. Signing a player takes away a compensatory pick but they seem to get multiple compensatory picks almost every year or some shit
theres no one strategy to build a team. loading up on draft picks can work. some teams do that then light those picks on fire (raiders). others actually build a good roster (cleveland). some teams try to build up with star players/trades/free agents and it works. some try and fail

Millennial_Messiah
03-26-2022, 04:51 AM
theres no one strategy to build a team. loading up on draft picks can work. some teams do that then light those picks on fire (raiders). others actually build a good roster (cleveland). some teams try to build up with star players/trades/free agents and it works. some try and fail

& then proceed to tear it all apart because their 1st overall QB was a bust so they mortgaged their entire future for a quarterback who might get suspended :lol