PDA

View Full Version : Netflix Crackdown: additional fee for users outside households

FrostKing
03-24-2022, 06:55 PM
https://i.ibb.co/pR5v6QL/19496.jpg

Netflix Will Prompt Subscribers to Pay for Users Outside Their Households in New Test to Address Unauthorized Password Sharing

lefty
03-24-2022, 06:58 PM
Fuck Netflix tbh

Reck
03-24-2022, 07:29 PM
Yeah Netflix is pricing themselves out of the business.

They also just hiked their prices by 2 dollars. The cheapest (Non HD) is 9.99 and the 2 screens HD plans are 15.

They're been extremely stupid.

Blake
03-24-2022, 08:53 PM
Asshole move. I mean, what if I'm at a hotel

Xevious
03-25-2022, 08:53 AM
Yeah how would this work with mobile devices? It says on their plan details which package comes with one, two, or four screens at a time. It doesn't say those screens have to be under the same roof.

Trill Clinton
03-25-2022, 09:49 AM
Bring archive 81 back

MultiTroll
03-25-2022, 11:15 AM
Asshole move. I mean, what if I'm at a hotel
I certainly won't ask and don't want you to tell.

MultiTroll
03-25-2022, 11:17 AM
They also just hiked their prices by 2 dollars.
Could you collect cans?
Use more IHOP coupons?

Nah i hate it when huge corps gouge too. $2 Xs 30 million subscribers = big money for them.
To the point, what service are they increasing? Nothing, they are decreasing.

Xevious
03-25-2022, 11:51 AM
I will say this though... we could argue content all day, but Netflix is still the best as far as technology goes. It streams pretty flawlessly even on older equipment and a shitty internet connection. The app runs well and the stream scales up and down appropriately based on connection speeds. Whereas Hulu, Paramount +, HBO, etc will be a lagged out mess under the same circumstances.

leemajors
03-25-2022, 11:58 AM
They are trying this out in several Latin American countries, currently. Why they think people would subscribe en masse if this happened is perplexing.

Xevious
03-25-2022, 12:02 PM
They are trying this out in several Latin American countries, currently. Why they think people would subscribe en masse if this happened is perplexing.
Yeah, if all the people that were borrowing a password subscribed on their own, it would supposedly equate to another billion and a half in revenue or something like that. But they have to know that those people won't all run out a subscribe just because of this.

SpursforSix
03-25-2022, 12:03 PM
Yeah, if all the people that were borrowing a password subscribed on their own, it would supposedly equate to another billion and a half in revenue or something like that. But they have to know that those people won't all run out a subscribe just because of this.

Right. But will anyone really unsubscribe if they put these measures in place?

FrostKing
03-25-2022, 12:09 PM
Good portion will ignore calling Netflix bluff and/or not deem it necessary to start charging their friend/family member the increase

So no they won't see a rush of new subscribers. Should see increase in revenue and also increase in resentment from the user.

Thread
03-25-2022, 12:52 PM
Good portion will ignore calling Netflix bluff and/or not deem it necessary to start charging their friend/family member the increase

So no they won't see a rush of new subscribers. Should see increase in revenue and also increase in resentment from the user.

But their mind is made up.

Get it while you still can and then let it go.

koriwhat
03-25-2022, 02:45 PM
Fuck Netflix tbh

real-debrid FTW!

DMC
03-25-2022, 05:15 PM
Canceled netfux some time back.

Blake
03-25-2022, 05:53 PM

No

Trey Gowdy
03-25-2022, 07:57 PM
The thing is, like all industry leaders, Netflix is easily the least interesting of the big streaming services. They just currently have a stranglehold on the market. Hulu’s content, for one, is easily better. HBO Max too.

Millennial_Messiah
03-25-2022, 08:50 PM
Fuck Netflix and the Obamas tbh. They can shove it where the sun don't shine. Their content is mediocre woke crap anyway.