PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Top 10 playoff performance of all time

ambchang
04-08-2022, 07:44 AM
37GP2ksxmYI

No Hakeem, no Duncan, no Jabbar.

But they had Klay Thompson's 11 3 pter game, 2 Jordan games and 2 Lebron games.

Killakobe81
04-08-2022, 08:09 AM
37GP2ksxmYI

No Hakeem, no Duncan, no Jabbar.

But they had Klay Thompson's 11 3 pter game, 2 Jordan games and 2 Lebron games.
Obviously you Spur fans are biased but Timmy had some monster games where the numbers were not the full story.
There was one game in first title run where maybe it wasn’t 40 but he killed the opponent on both ends methodically and surgically.
Anchored the paint with David with timely blocks grabbed “rebounds like Charles Barkley”
But young Tim was in his bag - the bank shot, the drop step, inside reverse pivot it wasn’t always pretty but it was so efficient and effective. That was the day I said I would trade a more dominant Shaq for him straight up. People said I was crazy especially after Shaq led us to a title the next year but I knew Tim was the better all around player.

baseline bum
04-08-2022, 09:01 AM
JFC shooting 18-41 gets you a top 10 playoff performance all time but 21/20/10/8 to clinch a title doesn't? If only Duncan had stepped over Kenyon Martin instead of holding him to 3/23 shooting.

MultiTroll
04-08-2022, 09:02 AM
ESPN Will Honor Caitlyn Jenner for Her Courage and Strength (yahoo.com) (https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/s/espn-honor-caitlyn-jenner-her-010710743.html)

Neo.
04-08-2022, 09:24 AM
JFC shooting 18-41 gets you a top 10 playoff performance all time but 21/20/10/8 to clinch a title doesn't? If only Duncan had stepped over Kenyon Martin instead of holding him to 3/23 shooting.

not saying I disagree, but it's kind of an apples to oranges comparison

Iverson's performance came as a massive underdog against arguably the most dominant playoff team of all time

Timmy's came as massive favorites against a very underwhelming opponent, and his shooting wasn't particularly efficient especially for a big man. thats not to dismiss how awesome of a performance it still was, just that the circumstances were very different between the two games, and I definitely understand why Iverson's performance is fondly remembered

the one I feel is honestly out of place is the shrug game. it was fantastic for sure but only remembered because Jordan shrugged over his hot half. there was nothing crucial about the game or situation tho, it was a blowout in a game 1 against a massively inferior team. I felt there were better performances and it gets overrated just because it was Jordan.

Texas_Ranger
04-08-2022, 11:14 AM
Lukas 43, 17, 13 + a game wiiners performance vs the Clippers is better than most of those on that video.

Neo.
04-08-2022, 11:46 AM
Lukas 43, 17, 13 + a game wiiners performance vs the Clippers is better than most of those on that video.

yeah it was pretty amazing, against elite defenders and a huge comeback as well. unfortunately will never get its well deserved due since it was in the 1st round.

KobesAchilles
04-08-2022, 02:45 PM
Nash had some epic playoff games against the Mavs. The dude is remembered as a loser but he stepped up BIG in the playoffs in Phoenix for those years. I'd rather have him than Iverson on that list.

Arcadian
04-08-2022, 02:46 PM
03 Finals Game 6 comes to mind immediately.

Robz4000
04-08-2022, 08:23 PM
>ESPN

Ya lost me there.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
04-08-2022, 08:53 PM
Well we know that no laker will make this list hia year

Ef-man
04-09-2022, 03:42 PM
Top performance of all time in playoff game: June 2014, game 1, championship game versus San Antonio, “The Cramp.”

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ad/a2/6c/ada26caef92f0fcea4a059947429b57f.jpg

LeBrick’s Oscar moment imo, with Wade in supporting role as dejected player on realizing that the Championship had slipped away.

Almost forgot.
http://akns-images.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/201456/rs_634x1024-140606131247-634.lebron-james-leg-cramp-060614.jpg

Allan Rowe vs Wade
04-09-2022, 04:12 PM
CIA Pop's finest moment

uh yeah about that rattlesnake in your locker .... we're in a ... desert ... yeah ... that's the ticket

and about that a/c failure ... we're in a .... blackout ... yeah ... that's the ticket

Killakobe81
04-09-2022, 05:10 PM
Kobe on road vs Sacto was pretty amazing but only in found one so I get it

RC_Drunkford
04-09-2022, 08:38 PM
Duncan had a quadruple double in the 2003 finals. Nobody did that ever

Neo.
04-09-2022, 08:46 PM
Duncan had a quadruple double in the 2003 finals. Nobody did that ever

actually he didn't.

DMC
04-10-2022, 11:08 AM
Nash had some epic playoff games against the Mavs. The dude is remembered as a loser but he stepped up BIG in the playoffs in Phoenix for those years. I'd rather have him than Iverson on that list.

I don't think Nash is remembered as a loser. He gave the Spurs fits.

DMC
04-10-2022, 11:11 AM
Top performance of all time in playoff game: June 2014, game 1, championship game versus San Antonio, “The Cramp.”

LeBrick’s Oscar moment imo, with Wade in supporting role as dejected player on realizing that the Championship had slipped away.

Almost forgot.
http://akns-images.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/201456/rs_634x1024-140606131247-634.lebron-james-leg-cramp-060614.jpg

This came while Lebron was doing extremely well. This changed the trajectory of the series as Lebron needed IV fluids during this stretch. I don't think he was faking it.

Neo.
04-10-2022, 11:44 AM

Almost forgot.

retarded.

miami was leading when he first had the cramps. he came back in with miami down 4, immediately got a layup to cut it to 2, then thats when he had to be carried off. not sure how anyone could logically believe he was faking. dramatic? sure, but hes not the only one by any means.

Seventyniner
04-10-2022, 02:10 PM
Not just that, the series wasn't anywhere near over. The Spurs took over late in that game and won by 15, but the game was much closer than that until the very end. The Heat also won game 2 and took away HCA.

KobesAchilles
04-10-2022, 02:34 PM
actually he didn't.
He did. There’s video proof of it. The Spurs clock and stats personal at the time was the shittiest in the league. They randomly gave 2 of Tims blocks to David. Is it in the record books? Nope. But it did happen

KobesAchilles
04-10-2022, 02:39 PM
I don't think Nash is remembered as a loser. He gave the Spurs fits.
Unfortunately he is remembered as one. Shaq isn’t helping by saying the bullshit that he should’ve won both of Nash’s MVPs. Dude sucked in 06. Idk what he is smoking. People say it was all D’Antoni and his system and that Nash wasn’t that good. His teams always fell short. He never came up big for them. It’s sad to see bc Nash was for like 3 years, the greatest point guard I have ever seen in my life. (I never saw Magic or prime Zeke).

Imo no 90s or 00s or 10s point guard comes close to peak level Nash. Maybe Curry but that guy never really elevated in the playoffs the way Nash did. That 3-1 blown lead made me really look at him differently (fair or not).

DMC
04-10-2022, 02:48 PM
Unfortunately he is remembered as one. Shaq isn’t helping by saying the bullshit that he should’ve won both of Nash’s MVPs. Dude sucked in 06. Idk what he is smoking. People say it was all D’Antoni and his system and that Nash wasn’t that good. His teams always fell short. He never came up big for them. It’s sad to see bc Nash was for like 3 years, the greatest point guard I have ever seen in my life. (I never saw Magic or prime Zeke).

Imo no 90s or 00s or 10s point guard comes close to peak level Nash. Maybe Curry but that guy never really elevated in the playoffs the way Nash did. That 3-1 blown lead made me really look at him differently (fair or not).

Hard to consider a HOFer a loser. It doesn't make any sense and if you consider the Suns and Spurs rivalry to be some of the best basketball of that era, then you have to give Steve his due. Dude wasn't a quitter.

Neo.
04-10-2022, 03:08 PM
i think nash is mainly viewed as a loser by spurfans

most any objective nba fan knows how good he was

lefty
04-10-2022, 03:59 PM

Agreed, Shaq was just salty AF
Nash was truly an impact player on that Suns team
As a Spurs fan he was frustrating because he made every damn contested fadeaway midrange shot against us

ambchang
04-10-2022, 08:31 PM
I don’t know if nash is as good as his b2b mvp suggests but he was one of the most unguardable players in his prime. His shooting was off the charts and coupled with his passing it’s just extremely difficult to handle him. Sure the suns had quite a bit of offensive talent but nash made them all better.

He is harder to build around due to his defensive shortcomings but if they could build a switching defensive system to hide his weakness on that end they could be a decent defensive team as nash actually tried on defense.

Killakobe81
04-10-2022, 11:04 PM
I don’t know if nash is as good as his b2b mvp suggests but he was one of the most unguardable players in his prime. His shooting was off the charts and coupled with his passing it’s just extremely difficult to handle him. Sure the suns had quite a bit of offensive talent but nash made them all better.

He is harder to build around due to his defensive shortcomings but if they could build a switching defensive system to hide his weakness on that end they could be a decent defensive team as nash actually tried on defense.
Had a great handle too
I do think he a bit of a playoff letdown but dude was a problem and Warriors owe Nash era suns for their blueprint

ambchang
04-11-2022, 12:50 PM
Had a great handle too
I do think he a bit of a playoff letdown but dude was a problem and Warriors owe Nash era suns for their blueprint

The beautiful game Spurs as well. The execution was different where D'antoni's offence was mostly centred around a ball-dominant high usage rate PG and the Spurs moved the ball around a lot, but the idea of having a spread out offence and whipping the ball all over the court is similar in principle. I have said it many times before but as much as we like to make fun of D'antoni, he does deserve credit for shaping the game it is today where the offensive set up is essentially unguardable with the right players, Nash was the perfect player to bring that offence into fruition.