PDA

View Full Version : General College Football discussion

Pages : [1] 2 3

pgardn
04-10-2022, 10:16 AM
This is really, really good imo. Needed to be longer.
These old guys with some sense of perspective can be very informative.
One guy lags on the video but it is still worth it. Wish it would have been an hour long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Lml9iz8OqI

pgardn
04-10-2022, 09:57 PM
The playoff system not coming into play until 2026 was a surprise to me from the video. I’m not sure how they figured it but damn…

Sorry Blake if these guys are correct.

FrostKing
08-29-2022, 08:29 PM
https://i.ibb.co/XYSNywk/Screenshot-20220829-182619-Chrome.jpg

No respect

GAustex
08-29-2022, 08:36 PM
I kinda think being associated with fsu is a character flaw

FrostKing
08-29-2022, 09:02 PM
I kinda think being associated with fsu is a character flaw
Most level headed of the Florida big 3

Atleast Seminoles don't think their shit doesn't stink like Longhorns are famous for.

GAustex
08-29-2022, 09:27 PM
Most level headed of the Florida big 3

Atleast Seminoles don't think their shit doesn't stink like Longhorns are famous for.

Trust me i can't change where i went to college so i am with you there.

fsu was a dirty/thug program worse than Miami for many years.

Gators are the most honorable of a stinky threesome

FrostKing
08-29-2022, 09:48 PM
Miami celebrates their thugness

Florida is in the SEC. You can't consistently win in that Conference without having Aaron Hernandez types.

REPORT: 41 Members Of Florida’s 2008 National Title Team Have Been Arrested

GAustex
08-29-2022, 10:16 PM
Jimbo and Bobby B were dirty

You got me on Meyer

Sure is fun watching FSU struggle

FSU v Miami-root for an asteroid hit

FrostKing
08-30-2022, 12:03 AM
Jimbo and Bobby B were dirty

You got me on Meyer

Sure is fun watching FSU struggle

FSU v Miami-root for an asteroid hit
Bobby dirty? He booted out Randy Moss for example costing himself a ring. For puffing pot in the 90s.

GAustex
08-30-2022, 12:12 AM
Yeah Bobby was dirty
Google fsu infractions under Bowden
Payola and tutors taking tests just the tip

FrostKing
08-30-2022, 01:24 AM
Yeah Bobby was dirty
Google fsu infractions under Bowden
Payola and tutors taking tests just the tip
Buddy, they weren't one of the marquee programs for decades because tutors did the players homework. That's the norm at every noteworthy program. The notion of a student-athlete is a comical American invention.

FSU rose from a women's school because Bobby was willing to play anyone anywhere anytime and called an aggressive game. They started racking up victories against the sports giants. Mickey Andrews was one of the finest at Defensive Coordinator. FSU had stability. Considering the fundamental advantages the Gators and Hurricanes have and headstart they enjoyed on FSU, the Seminoles rise to prominence is one of the most unlikely and best stories in CFB.

Neo.
09-03-2022, 08:23 PM
ewers arm is ridiculous

just gotta see how he handles big time pressure against better opponents

Mark Celibate
09-03-2022, 09:29 PM
really pumped for this season...I'm guessing the AP Top 4 consists of Bama, Georgia, Ohio State and Clemson.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and bet either Bama, Georgia or Clemson wins the National Championship. super stoked to see how this season plays out!

Neo.
09-04-2022, 12:26 PM
:lmao healthy Casey being complete trash against northwestern

but but but I thought if his finger was healthy he could complete every pass :madrun

FrostKing
09-04-2022, 01:01 PM
https://i.ibb.co/Pwp5ZDQ/Screenshot-20220904-105908-Chrome.jpg

Blake
09-04-2022, 02:38 PM
really pumped for this season...I'm guessing the AP Top 4 consists of Bama, Georgia, Ohio State and Clemson.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and bet either Bama, Georgia or Clemson wins the National Championship. super stoked to see how this season plays out!

Yeah, every year the haves get almost exponentially further away from the have nots. Honestly, what is there to play for in college football if you're not pulling in a top ten recruiting class every year? A nice Liberty Bowl appearance?

Especially now with NIL deals and huge conference TV deals for the sec and big10

FrostKing
09-04-2022, 09:29 PM
27% chance Seminoles!

SEC!
SEC!!
SEC!!!

GAustex
09-04-2022, 10:18 PM
Wow

Blake
09-04-2022, 11:34 PM
Lsu is apparently one dimensional and can't get the ball deep down field

GAustex
09-04-2022, 11:35 PM
LSU and Gator finishes mind blowing

FrostKing
09-05-2022, 12:07 AM
CFB is flawed with alot of mental mistakes but when the talent level is relatively high it creates great drama

LSU had their moment but we were better today. We deserved to leave with Norvell's win.

Remember we lost to Kelly's Irish in crushing end last season.

Can I say it? May I?

NOLES ARE BACK

Neo.
09-10-2022, 05:42 PM
LMAO notre dame

Blake
09-10-2022, 05:54 PM
Lol tech doing tech stuff being ahead at half by 14 and then giving back to the Houston community

GAustex
09-10-2022, 05:56 PM
Lol aggies

Neo.
09-10-2022, 06:01 PM
LMAO aggy

benefactor
09-10-2022, 06:06 PM
Lol aggies

LMAO aggy

TheCultOfPersonality
09-10-2022, 06:07 PM
Texas A&M got bullied by a Appalachian State in their own house. DAMN!!!

benefactor
09-10-2022, 06:08 PM
And :lol Notre Dame too

Neo.
09-10-2022, 06:08 PM
sun belt doing work today

Blake
09-10-2022, 06:11 PM
Lol aggies

LMAO aggy

Rofl

TheCultOfPersonality
09-10-2022, 06:15 PM
sun belt doing work today
Marshall and Appalachian State look like they belong in a Power 5 conference teams.

TheCultOfPersonality
09-10-2022, 06:15 PM
Marshall and Washington State should be in the Top 25 tbh.

benefactor
09-10-2022, 06:31 PM
Clavicle sprain for Ewers. No timeline yet

Mark Celibate
09-10-2022, 06:42 PM
Lol tech doing tech stuff being ahead at half by 14 and then giving back to the Houston community

rofl can’t even beat a team this sh!tty

https://youtube.com/watch?v=MqXuwPAOaPQ (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MqXuwPAOaPQ)

Das Texan
09-10-2022, 08:38 PM
Whomever allowed Appalachian State to be scheduled for Aggy should be fired!

Thats what happens when they dont schedule a total cupcake non conference opponent!

TheCultOfPersonality
09-10-2022, 08:43 PM
This Florida QB has thrown 2 of the easiest INT ever to Kentucky defenders in this game

DMX7
09-10-2022, 08:46 PM
Not gonna lie -- the Aggie loss cheered me up a little today.

With Card as QB, Texas is very capable of losing next week to UTSA which knows how to score points. I just think Card doesn't have the talent to makeup for the lack of starting experience.

TheCultOfPersonality
09-10-2022, 08:54 PM
This Florida QB has thrown 2 of the easiest INT ever to Kentucky defenders in this game

Anthony Richardson the QB for Florida, 9-23 105 yards 0 TD 2 INT

This is the QB that help Florida upset Utah last week? Utah ought to be ashamed of themselves.

TheCultOfPersonality
09-10-2022, 10:44 PM
The Sun belt defeats another Power 5 team.

And this time it's Georgia Southern avoiding the upset attempt by Nebraska in a fun game.

Blake
09-10-2022, 11:15 PM
Whomever allowed Appalachian State to be scheduled for Aggy should be fired!

Thats what happens when they dont schedule a total cupcake non conference opponent!

Seriously, why would anyone want to schedule those guys lol. North Carolina should have lost to them last week, had to barely hold on

Blake
09-10-2022, 11:18 PM
Not gonna lie -- the Aggie loss cheered me up a little today.

With Card as QB, Texas is very capable of losing next week to UTSA which knows how to score points. I just think Card doesn't have the talent to makeup for the lack of starting experience.

Early line in draft kings is ut by 14.5. I like the horns to win by 20+ here, imo. I hope the line goes down some with ewers out.

Neo.
09-10-2022, 11:30 PM
tbh bijan and roschon should be able to run at will on utsa. with those guys even card should be able to have a competent game.

if the defense is anything close to what we saw today they should win by 20+ easily.

lol choderunners

Blake
09-10-2022, 11:50 PM
And man, what little I've seen of Ewers.... dude has the stuff to get a title for the horns.

DMX7
09-11-2022, 12:44 AM
tbh bijan and roschon should be able to run at will on utsa. with those guys even card should be able to have a competent game.

Dangerous assumptions

Neo.
09-11-2022, 01:00 AM
Dangerous assumptions

perhaps but utsa sucks sooooo bad

Blake
09-11-2022, 11:33 AM

Mark Celibate
09-11-2022, 01:38 PM
looking at some of the replay of the Tech game...holy christ, that jiggaboo they have at QB is awful. Threw two picks in double coverage that equally could've been intercepted by two different players on each one rofl. The one where we stared down the receiver and TWO defenders jumped the route was one of the worst picks I've ever seen :lmao

Blake
09-11-2022, 02:15 PM
looking at some of the replay of the Tech game...holy christ, that jiggaboo they have at QB is awful. Threw two picks in double coverage that equally could've been intercepted by two different players on each one rofl. The one where we stared down the receiver and TWO defenders jumped the route was one of the worst picks I've ever seen :lmao

Yeah, funny I noticed him too staring down the WR1 in a lot of routes.

He's a mediocre passing QB, but has a gun for an arm and is obviously a great scrambler. Shough is a decent passer but average scrambling ability and average arm strength.

Honestly the best QB in the team is Morton but he's a freshman so no way he gets the nod unless injuries. Kinda sucks that Donovan is only a sophomore himself because we have to wait that much longer for Morton but who knows, maybe he gets just enough of the passing game down by his senior year that he's like a Cam Newton lite.

rjv
09-12-2022, 12:14 PM
i'm inclined to be pissed about a&m but it's a young team. the problem is with the hype. aggie fans are almost as delusional as cowboys fans. this team is way too young and still does not have a QB. i also predict that Haynes King will not finish his college career as an aggie. i expect max johnson take over and for connor weigman to be the starter next season. if the season gets really bad, it'd be in jimbo's interest to to just go with the freshman for the rest of the year (if, for instance, the aggies are 3-3 at the halfway mark). i don't see how miami is an underdog as i can't see A&M growing up that fast.

Blake
09-12-2022, 01:35 PM

"Toggle calendar overlay
Texas Tech Athletics

Donovan Smith named Big 12 Offensive Player of the Week
Smith threw for a career-high 350 yards in Texas Tech’s 33-30 double-overtime win over No. 25 Houston.."

It's like they heard you lolz

Blake
09-12-2022, 01:38 PM
#18 NC State favored by 11.5 from what I quickly saw.

Could totally see this being a 30+ point route on Tech. The raiders historically suck out of state on the road against ranked teams

rjv
09-12-2022, 03:38 PM
#18 NC State favored by 11.5 from what I quickly saw.

Could totally see this being a 30+ point route on Tech. The raiders historically suck out of state on the road against ranked teams

what's your take on the raiders this season. do you see them getting this thing turned around soon?

Blake
09-12-2022, 04:49 PM
what's your take on the raiders this season. do you see them getting this thing turned around soon?

Yeah, this head coach I think is a keeper for a decade. Love the OC pick but a young guy that might not stay long although his dad is the track coach so who knows.

Tech is tech tho, I'm kinda numb on them doing anything but being in the 6--6 to 8-4 range year in year out. Just having fun watching game to game

Blake
09-12-2022, 05:18 PM
Tech isn't going to to ever get an SEC invite but if they did, would it be a good thing for the football team? I mean, they'd be somewhere in the Missouri/South Carolina level of wins losses I think.

The money would be good but as a fan what the fuck do I care about the tv money?

I think being in the big 12 minus ut and ou might be bigger for tech turning it around than any head coach. That's two auto losses every year gone

rjv
09-12-2022, 06:28 PM
Tech isn't going to to ever get an SEC invite but if they did, would it be a good thing for the football team? I mean, they'd be somewhere in the Missouri/South Carolina level of wins losses I think.

The money would be good but as a fan what the fuck do I care about the tv money?

I think being in the big 12 minus ut and ou might be bigger for tech turning it around than any head coach. That's two auto losses every year gone

as long as tech can stay in a relevant conference they'll be fine and maybe better off for it. i'll miss the texas/tech games though-there have been some great ones.

Blake
09-12-2022, 07:39 PM
as long as tech can stay in a relevant conference they'll be fine and maybe better off for it. i'll miss the texas/tech games though-there have been some great ones.

Yeah about once every five years there's a great game between tech and ut but the ones in between are usually blowouts. It's stupid weird that they can hang 70 on Tech the same year that ut loses to Kansas and Tech wins their bowl game against an SEC team

Tech and UT were supposed to continue scheduling for the next decade but I think ut is trying to back out of that verbal agreement lol

DMX7
09-12-2022, 09:16 PM
Yeah about once every five years there's a great game between tech and ut but the ones in between are usually blowouts. It's stupid weird that they can hang 70 on Tech the same year that ut loses to Kansas and Tech wins their bowl game against an SEC team

Tech and UT were supposed to continue scheduling for the next decade but I think ut is trying to back out of that verbal agreement lol

I think Tech and UT should continue playing but just not every year. I'm not sure why they would have ever committed to that.

Blake
09-12-2022, 09:36 PM
I think Tech and UT should continue playing but just not every year. I'm not sure why they would have ever committed to that.

Lol I meant next couple of decades.

The horns absolutely don't need it. The city of Lubbock needs it bad tho. Whenever the horns and Aggies and sooners and other big names come to town the place is packed and the economy gets a huge boost.

Me personally, I don't gaf because Tech will never consistently be that level of recruiting and money. I used to think maybe with Leach they could build something great but today you just realize it's just never gonna happen. I'm perfectly fine with having Baylor, TCU and Okie St as rivals. Cincinnati proved there's still a path to the playoffs last year this way.

DMX7
09-12-2022, 09:45 PM
Lol I meant next couple of decades.

The horns absolutely don't need it. The city of Lubbock needs it bad tho. Whenever the horns and Aggies and sooners and other big names come to town the place is packed and the economy gets a huge boost.

Me personally, I don't gaf because Tech will never consistently be that level of recruiting and money. I used to think maybe with Leach they could build something great but today you just realize it's just never gonna happen. I'm perfectly fine with having Baylor, TCU and Okie St as rivals. Cincinnati proved there's still a path to the playoffs last year this way.

Right, and don't forget they are expanding the playoff too so Big XII will still play a factor.

Blake
09-12-2022, 11:49 PM
t's mind blowing retarded that tv is now the one dictating what schools play each other.

You can't blame schools for grabbing the money..... I certainly wouldn't blame Tech if they left for the SEC.... and on the surface it sounds bad ass to be in the best conference, but in reality it would be miserable as a football fan unless you're blue blood level. How does Vanderbilt fan ever get excited for any upcoming season?

Neo.
09-13-2022, 01:08 AM
i wish a qualifying factor for being in the playoffs is you have to win your conference. that would make teams think twice about these stupid superconferences.

Blake
09-13-2022, 01:24 AM
Great article on Nebraska's woes after leaving for the big 10 and more money....

....there was a slam-dunk, sure-bet hire made over the course of the past several years, it was Scott Frost at Nebraska. In fact, when Frost accepted the job at his alma mater in 2017, his arrival could have legitimately been hailed as one of the best programatic fits in recent history.

He was a native son of Nebraska. He was a national championship-winning star quarterback for the Cornhuskers. He was an accomplished coach who pulled off the biggest two-year turnaround in the history of the sport at UCF. But maybe most importantly, Frost not only knew the culture.... He was part of the culture....

.......ESPN executive Burke Magnus made news a couple of weeks ago when he said the network looks for rivalries, not markets, in realignment. Try to name Nebraska's biggest rival in the Big Ten. A contrived rivalry with Iowa never caught on with the masses. To be realistic, though, these are ruthless times.

Nebraska needed to take the Big Ten money and cut ties with a lot of its history, but it doesn't mean it fit. In fact, the Big Ten move feels like a net negative. Look what scores of Nebraska athletic directors and administrators did with those millions: not nearly enough....."

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/the-slam-dunk-hire-that-wasnt-if-scott-frost-didnt-work-where-does-nebraska-go-from-here/

FrostKing
09-13-2022, 04:39 AM
Nebraska. Scott Frost.

1997 Nebraska win over Missouri. Back then it felt like Huskers would never lose.

https://youtu.be/OvTaN1uplS4

Notre Dame lost to Marshall. Brian Kelly whipping over?

FrostKing
09-13-2022, 05:08 AM
https://i.ibb.co/8DtC9h2/Screenshot-20220913-030436-Chrome.jpg

Jimbo owns Miami

FrostKing
09-16-2022, 11:49 PM
https://i.ibb.co/Bts28DC/Screenshot-20220916-214706-Chrome.jpg

Seminoles are 3-0 for first time since 2015

Backup QB for entire 2nd Half in hostile grounds. Cardinals were attempting 3rd straight Win in the H2H

If Travis is gone then season might derail but Norvell has proven himself. Noles will be back sooner than later.

GAustex
09-17-2022, 12:30 AM
#14 is a handful

FrostKing
09-17-2022, 04:02 AM
#14 is a handful
Yes brother

6 '7'. California boy transfered to Seminoles

FrostKing
09-17-2022, 05:15 AM
Season after Jermaine Johnson.

Transfer town. Tallahassee is open to All.

Neo.
09-17-2022, 11:39 AM
despite so many good qualities, the same issues are plaguing casey thompson

awful pocket presence, and a tendency to miss easy throws on 3rd downs

Blake
09-17-2022, 08:06 PM
Lol #10 Arkansas down 17-14 to Missouri St

Blake
09-17-2022, 08:07 PM
Appalachian St with the insane hail Mary at the end of their game

Blake
09-17-2022, 08:09 PM
Are you shitting me with that lol utsa half back pass into double coverage for a TD in the longhorn end zone

:lol it's early but holy shit

FrostKing
09-18-2022, 03:23 PM
https://i.ibb.co/8DtC9h2/Screenshot-20220913-030436-Chrome.jpg

Jimbo owns Miami
Classic Hurricanes

Jimbo 8-1 vs Miami

DMX7
09-18-2022, 05:15 PM
Texas is only 4.5 point favorite over Texas Tech (in Lubbock next week). Am I crazy for thinking this is an easy bet to place on Texas?

Neo.
09-18-2022, 05:24 PM
the way some were feeling the utsa game could be a trap game, is how i feel about this one, particularly if ewers doesnt play. if ewers plays and can simply hit a wide open worthy occasionally, texas should win easy though.

Blake
09-18-2022, 09:23 PM
Texas is only 4.5 point favorite over Texas Tech (in Lubbock next week). Am I crazy for thinking this is an easy bet to place on Texas?

Crazy things happen in Lubbock at night, but this is gonna be a hot afternoon. Tech's O Line is garbage and they have no run game except for the QB scramble.

There's no way the horns don't score 40+ and I don't see how Tech scores 35+.

52 - 33 would be my guess.

FrostKing
09-19-2022, 11:16 AM
https://youtu.be/lhFIibNBnmY

GAustex
09-19-2022, 01:26 PM
Florida leads, 37–26–2 vs. noles all time

pgardn
09-19-2022, 09:11 PM
ATM was the biggest beneficiary of not having to play Texas Tech.
Mike Leach just ate at them and now he does the same at Miss ST in such a short time period.

ATM is absolutely wasting talent with horrid play calling and design.
Jimbo needs to step down as O coordinator.
ATMs defense looked strong against Miami but against A State... They moved the ball well and fully deserved to beat ATM.
And ATMs offense was an absolute no show.

Texas is gonna take time. Just not there yet. Offensive line is better with 2 true freshman starting... (how piitiful was that oline last year...)
Two true freshman. Not even a year of college weight program and not knowing the playbook fully and they are starting... wtf... I know they are good players but this does not happen on teams that have good offensive lines. Bijan and Roschon are having to do a hell of a lot on their own.

Cant wait to see Ewers again. So glad we dont face a defensive line like Alabama again. People will get killed.

Blake
09-20-2022, 02:25 PM

I should have jumped in at -5. The 6.5 now makes me a little hesitant. I mean, it still feels like UT should win by 21+ but ehhhh

GAustex
09-20-2022, 03:08 PM
Tech should always schedule UT at night in Lubbock

Strange things happen at night in Lubbock

Blake
09-20-2022, 04:57 PM
Tech should always schedule UT at night in Lubbock

Strange things happen at night in Lubbock

Yup too bad Tech doesn't make the schedule

FrostKing
09-23-2022, 02:46 AM
Florida leads, 37–26–2 vs. noles all timehttps://i.ibb.co/5kFGmDP/Screenshot-20220923-004407-Chrome.jpg

17 & 14
While with FSU, Bowden defeated the Florida Gators 17 times and Miami Hurricanes on 14 occasions. Bowden won four-straight against the Gators twice (1977-1980, 1987-1990) and compiled a five-game win streak against the Canes (1995-199).

benefactor
09-24-2022, 01:46 PM
Wake Forest's QB is carving Clemson to pieces

GAustex
09-24-2022, 03:40 PM
https://i.ibb.co/5kFGmDP/Screenshot-20220923-004407-Chrome.jpg

17 & 14
While with FSU, Bowden defeated the Florida Gators 17 times and Miami Hurricanes on 14 occasions. Bowden won four-straight against the Gators twice (1977-1980, 1987-1990) and compiled a five-game win streak against the Canes (1995-199).

The 2009 Florida–Florida State game marked Bobby Bowden's thirty-sixth against the Gators in thirty-four seasons as the Seminoles head coach; it was also his last, as he retired at the conclusion of the 2009 season. He finished his head coaching career with a 17–18–1 record against the Gators.

benefactor
09-24-2022, 04:28 PM
Going for it there is one of the dumbest calls Ive ever seen

benefactor
09-24-2022, 04:30 PM
That said, Texas has not idea what they are doing when they run that wildcat. It just looks like a clusterfuck. Have they even practiced it?

benefactor
09-24-2022, 04:54 PM
...and there goes that man. Gutsy drive by Card with Bijan delivering the haymaker.

benefactor
09-24-2022, 05:09 PM
Bijan only has 11 carries. Wtf

Mark Celibate
09-24-2022, 05:21 PM
:lmao Cuckxas Tech, forever the Detroit Lions of the Big XII

Monostradamus
09-24-2022, 05:25 PM
Texas had a chance to bury them, but got soft and let them back in, per usual :lol same ol Texas

benefactor
09-24-2022, 05:32 PM
Texas had a chance to bury them, but got soft and let them back in, per usual :lol same ol Texas
This play calling has been dogshit. I have no idea what they are doing. Oh I know...Texas things

benefactor
09-24-2022, 05:34 PM
Sark apparently can't tell the difference between Card and Ewers.

Monostradamus
09-24-2022, 05:37 PM
So this Tech QB is a turnover machine until he plays Texas, and he’s suddenly Joe Burrow? :lmao

Monostradamus
09-24-2022, 05:49 PM
:lmao Cuckxas Tech, forever the Detroit Lions of the Big XII
Not so fast my friend!

Monostradamus
09-24-2022, 05:54 PM
:lmao Cuckhorns

Mark Celibate
09-24-2022, 05:57 PM
WHOOOOOAAAA nellie

benefactor
09-24-2022, 06:06 PM
:lol this game

benefactor
09-24-2022, 06:07 PM
He just said Texas pulled one out of their ass live on TV lol

Mark Celibate
09-24-2022, 06:07 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

DMX7
09-24-2022, 06:08 PM

He said "pulled one out of their hats".

benefactor
09-24-2022, 06:09 PM
He said "pulled one out of their hats".
I don't know bro I rewound it. I might be wrong but that's how it sounded

Mark Celibate
09-24-2022, 06:11 PM
A true cucking stalemate imo

GAustex
09-24-2022, 06:12 PM
I thought I heard that

Monostradamus
09-24-2022, 06:13 PM
:lmao what a pathetic program

DMX7
09-24-2022, 06:13 PM
A fitting end. What a sorry game.

Mark Celibate
09-24-2022, 06:15 PM
Guaranteed
blocked FG imo

GAustex
09-24-2022, 06:15 PM
Texas is so soft
So typical
What a terrible institution

DMX7
09-24-2022, 06:18 PM
Sark got outcoached badly. This is not a good Tech team but Texas with all the injuries is worse.

griffith
09-24-2022, 06:19 PM
Sark had a chance to put his foot on their throats beginning of 3rd quarter and his pussy play calling fucked it all up
oh well, new year same ole shit from this soft program

GAustex
09-24-2022, 06:21 PM
Same old pampered entitled program.
Sark could be Vince Lombardi and not be able to overcome the foul stench that wafts through ut.

DMX7
09-24-2022, 06:23 PM
Same old pampered entitled program.
Sark could be Vince Lombardi and not be able to overcome the foul stench that wafts through ut.

Those wildcats plays were fireable offenses if he didn't have such a big buyout.

FkLA
09-24-2022, 06:38 PM
Glad Tech put that soft program back in it's place. You could see the entitlement from the fans, players and coaches starting to come out the past two weeks.

benefactor
09-24-2022, 06:39 PM
That said, Texas has not idea what they are doing when they run that wildcat. It just looks like a clusterfuck. Have they even practiced it?

Those wildcats plays were fireable offenses if he didn't have such a big buyout.
It was worse than watching a high school team execute it. I mean maybe Sark adjusts over the transition season and figures something out but right now he looks like just another clown in the clown car

GAustex
09-24-2022, 06:45 PM
Yeah UT looked good against LSU natty champ year
How did that year end up?

The above is what I said in the Bama thread when ut fans were getting all sparky.

ut sucks

Blake
09-24-2022, 06:45 PM
Rofl the horns should have won this game by 20. Doing what they do tho with the usual snatch of defeat from the jaws of victory.

benefactor
09-24-2022, 06:49 PM
Yeah UT looked good against LSU natty champ year
How did that year end up?

The above is what I said in the Bama thread when ut fans were getting all sparky.

ut sucks
Yeah man I was guilty of shining some false hope sunshine up my own ass too. All we can hope is Ewers comes back healthy and salvages this season somehow.

Monostradamus
09-24-2022, 06:56 PM
It was worse than watching a high school team execute it. I mean maybe Sark adjusts over the transition season and figures something out but right now he looks like just another clown in the clown car
And they have no choice but to keep him at least until Arch is fully on board.

Monostradamus
09-24-2022, 07:07 PM
At the same time, Hudson Card is godawful and severely limits what a team can do offensively. He is white Tyrone Swoopes, at least in the sense that he completely sucks balls, but Texas fans keep trying to convince themselves that he isn’t so bad.

GAustex
09-24-2022, 07:14 PM
There is never that intangible resourcefulness or rarely.
And when there is like that late FG-some how they find ways again and again to lose to less talented teams who show more determination and fortitude

playblair
09-24-2022, 07:47 PM
texas tech stormed the field gnr gnr gnr...........texas really is every team in the big12s superbowl......they plan all off season for texas & give it 1000 percent during the game.......meanwhile for texas its like playing a boring d2 team from sam houston

DMX7
09-24-2022, 08:21 PM
At the same time, Hudson Card is godawful and severely limits what a team can do offensively. He is white Tyrone Swoopes, at least in the sense that he completely sucks balls, but Texas fans keep trying to convince themselves that he isn’t so bad.

lol, Texas fans know Hudson Card is not good. That's why the injury to Quin was so devastating.

Biggems
09-24-2022, 09:34 PM
lol, Texas fans know Hudson Card is not good. That's why the injury to Quin was so devastating.

Card is playing with a hurt leg.....

Also, Card isn't the one dropping passes or running into a loaded front. Card didn't fumble in OT. I am not a big fan of Card, but the kid has played very well since taking over. We did not lose because of him today. We lost because our D was horrible. They simply could not make a stop when it mattered to get off the field.

playblair
09-24-2022, 09:45 PM
you just described kj jefferson

Fat Brandon Bass
09-24-2022, 09:55 PM
Card is playing with a hurt leg.....

Also, Card isn't the one dropping passes or running into a loaded front. Card didn't fumble in OT. I am not a big fan of Card, but the kid has played very well since taking over. We did not lose because of him today. We lost because our D was horrible. They simply could not make a stop when it mattered to get off the field.

agreed. TTU Quarterback has been a turnover machine these past two weeks, but looked like the Black Peyton Manning today

Blake
09-24-2022, 10:00 PM
texas tech stormed the field gnr gnr gnr...........texas really is every team in the big12s superbowl......they plan all off season for texas & give it 1000 percent during the game.......meanwhile for texas its like playing a boring d2 team from sam houston

Lol

GAustex
09-24-2022, 10:30 PM
Lol ou loses

Blake
09-24-2022, 11:21 PM
Lol Miami

Blake
09-24-2022, 11:23 PM
Lol ou loses

K State looks like 90s K State. Very impressive. Well coached.

Early kickoff vs Tech next week in Manhattan. I'm putting a couple bills on the wildcats. Easy money.

playblair
09-25-2022, 07:46 PM
Blake your scum fans assaulted a texas player on the field after the game.......they assaulted him with his back turned.......tech fans will be banned from home games for the rest of season as a big12 punishment.......they also have to pay a fine & the group was arrested...........

FkLA
09-25-2022, 07:49 PM
Blake your scum fans assaulted a texas player on the field after the game.......they assaulted him with his back turned.......tech fans will be banned from home games for the rest of season as a big12 punishment.......they also have to pay a fine & the group was arrested...........

:cry

playblair
09-25-2022, 08:18 PM
:cry
nigga he was assaulted with his back turned during the field storm.......if ovie wouldve hit them back he wouldve been in prison for murder........ur fans r as scummy as tech.........

Blake
09-25-2022, 10:33 PM

Yeah tech fan is still tech fan. I can't blame the horns if they follow the Aggies lead by vowing to never step foot in Lubbock again. Nothing to gain.

And they need to stop letting fans on the field with players after the game and they should especially have had security escort all the longhorn players quickly to the locker room.

Glad to hear they arrested any fools they could catch.

playblair
09-26-2022, 04:26 PM

playblair
09-26-2022, 04:39 PM
turns out tech assaulted numerous texas players & tried to fake news a story of texas being responsible......tech is scummmmmmmmmmm

playblair
09-26-2022, 04:42 PM

playblair
09-26-2022, 04:44 PM
summmmmmmm fanbase attacking innocent fans

Blake
09-26-2022, 06:01 PM
Lol I'll never forget the UT basketball bus with Beard on it having to back up and get out of there because of stuff getting thrown at it by classy tech fan

Blake
09-26-2022, 06:11 PM
Tech got slapped on the wrist. $50k for the whole incident

Blake
09-26-2022, 06:34 PM

Lol "never appropriate behavior" U think?

Drunk dumbasses should be in jail soon

Blake
09-28-2022, 12:06 PM
This weekend is a great example of why tv forced ut and out to go to the sec. Nobody gives a shit about WV.

playblair
09-28-2022, 07:54 PM
This weekend is a great example of why tv forced ut and out to go to the sec. Nobody gives a shit about WV.
why would you say that bruh......wvu is your new rival when ut/ou leave :lol

Blake
09-28-2022, 08:01 PM
why would you say that bruh......wvu is your new rival when ut/ou leave :lol

Tv rating of 50 households

GAustex
09-30-2022, 09:48 PM
Boise State QB be Vince Young clone

TheCultOfPersonality
10-01-2022, 12:32 PM
Oklahoma getting bullied Texas Christian.

FrostKing
10-01-2022, 01:14 PM

Outside the fucking KFC :lol

FrostKing
10-01-2022, 01:15 PM
Oklahoma getting bullied Texas Christian.
41 points dropped on Sooner head in 1st Half. :nerd

FrostKing
10-01-2022, 02:50 PM
https://i.ibb.co/txBBd8t/Screenshot-20221001-124856-Chrome.jpg

Blake
10-01-2022, 03:21 PM
K State looks like 90s K State. Very impressive. Well coached.

Early kickoff vs Tech next week in Manhattan. I'm putting a couple bills on the wildcats. Easy money.

Not as easy money as I thought but the game still went as expected.

Blake
10-01-2022, 03:22 PM
41 points dropped on Sooner head in 1st Half. :nerd

Not your older brother's sooners

GAustex
10-01-2022, 04:23 PM
Oh
Lol ou

DMX7
10-01-2022, 05:01 PM
Looks like the Big XII is truly wide open.

Blake
10-01-2022, 05:34 PM
Clemson -6.5 at home over NC St seems like a gimme. Gonna put a buck on em

Blake
10-01-2022, 06:00 PM
https://i.ibb.co/txBBd8t/Screenshot-20221001-124856-Chrome.jpg

Solid jinx effort tbh

GAustex
10-01-2022, 06:04 PM
Lol
ou
fsu
tam

FrostKing
10-01-2022, 06:48 PM
Solid jinx effort tbh
Wake better team than us in 2022. Tough 3 game stretch here, we need atleast 1.

We were fortunate to not get blown out in the 1st Half. Fought back and were in position late to steal it.

Norvell is the right Man for the job and we are heading in the right direction.

MultiTroll
10-01-2022, 07:14 PM
Jalen Milroe backup QB at Bama has wheels.

Bryce Young extremely bad judgement on a play that was for all intents over.

MultiTroll
10-01-2022, 07:27 PM
Go Mizzou
and NC State

benefactor
10-01-2022, 08:14 PM
:lol boomer
:lol 50 burger

TheCultOfPersonality
10-01-2022, 09:16 PM
I'm sure alot of people can't wait to see Texas Christian vs Kansas next week in a battle two undefeated teams. Both should be ranked next week.

MultiTroll
10-01-2022, 10:19 PM
meh Mizzou farted out in 4th vs Georgia 'Necks.

GAustex
10-01-2022, 10:23 PM
Ohio State
Alabama
Georgia
In no particular order

Then everyone else

playblair
10-02-2022, 10:47 PM
if u want to build a championship team/defense do not recruit kids from texas/california.....u must recruit kids from ga/la/fl/midwest........

rjv
10-03-2022, 01:21 PM
TCU the lone team from texas in the top 25.

Blake
10-03-2022, 01:22 PM
TCU the lone team from texas in the top 25.

The more things change..

GAustex
10-04-2022, 01:55 PM
It’s 2 PM on Tuesday
And…

rjv
10-04-2022, 03:01 PM
'bama a 23.5 point favorite over a&m. i'll take bama to cover. bama alone might get to the 52 point over/under. saban ain't gonna hold back on this one.

Blake
10-04-2022, 03:47 PM
Yeah I think Bama probably covers if they use that backup QB that ran all over the place last week. But I wouldn't want to touch this one, tbh. Conference games get tricky.

Blake
10-04-2022, 04:16 PM
I'd rather put money on Okie St -9 to blow out Tech

rjv
10-04-2022, 04:59 PM
Yeah I think Bama probably covers if they use that backup QB that ran all over the place last week. But I wouldn't want to touch this one, tbh. Conference games get tricky.

that young front of A&M can't stop the run. 'bama is gonna rack up yards. and with no identity on the offensive side and a shaky QB situation, the ags are ripe for a shellacking.

MultiTroll
10-05-2022, 10:39 AM
if u want to build a championship team/defense do not recruit kids from texas/california.....u must recruit kids from ga/la/fl/midwest........How about if you want to build a championship cheerleading team?

MultiTroll
10-05-2022, 10:41 AM
that young front of A&M can't stop the run. 'bama is gonna rack up yards. and with no identity on the offensive side and a shaky QB situation, the ags are ripe for a shellacking.

What do you guys surmise A & Ms preseason hype / NIL buys have gone to crap because of ____?

Blake
10-05-2022, 12:54 PM
What do you guys surmise A & Ms preseason hype / NIL buys have gone to crap because of ____?

Coaching. Top ten recruiting classes shouldn't ever lose to Appalachian St, especially at home. That's what ultimately did Carr in at Michigan

benefactor
10-05-2022, 05:12 PM
Aggy level cringe tbh

DMX7
10-05-2022, 08:21 PM
Aggy level cringe tbh

I liked the Big XII before it began breaking up but now it's just awful. It was the right call to leave.

Blake
10-05-2022, 09:23 PM
I liked the Big XII before it began breaking up but now it's just awful. It was the right call to leave.

Lol the horns are jumping ship after being the biggest reason it's sinking

Blake
10-05-2022, 09:26 PM
Aggy level cringe tbh

Yeah fuck that. It reeks of scorned dumped girlfriend

leemajors
10-06-2022, 09:34 AM
Lol the horns are jumping ship after being the biggest reason it's sinking

I wouldn't say that, ESPN didn't give them that money at gunpoint

Blake
10-06-2022, 10:06 AM
I wouldn't say that, ESPN didn't give them that money at gunpoint

ESPN/ horns. You know what I mean

leemajors
10-06-2022, 11:10 AM
ESPN/ horns. You know what I mean

It will be interesting to see what happens to ESPN in the next 5-10 years. I wonder if Disney regrets that purchase.

elbamba1
10-06-2022, 02:28 PM
It will be interesting to see what happens to ESPN in the next 5-10 years. I wonder if Disney regrets that purchase.

They will stream college football games people will want to see. They will always find a way to make a buck.

leemajors
10-06-2022, 03:11 PM
They will stream college football games people will want to see. They will always find a way to make a buck.

True, but cable subscriber numbers are down and the price for the contracts keeps going up and up. I have ESPN+, Hulu, Disney bundle but the number of games on it is limited. I am just curious when a tipping point may come

FrostKing
10-06-2022, 03:19 PM
As the Playoff field increases further diminishing the regular season.

Blake
10-06-2022, 04:01 PM

The regular season was diminished for 90+% of all teams by week 3. Add more playoff teams and keeps their dreams alive.

You got it backwards

pgardn
10-06-2022, 04:19 PM

Same thing already happened for college basketball.
Big mistake imo.

FrostKing
10-06-2022, 04:20 PM
The regular season was diminished for 90+% of all teams by week 3. Add more playoff teams and keeps their dreams alive.

You got it backwards
Just talking in terms of ESPN and them having telecast rights to these rather meaningless games.

But I do understand what you are arguing. Not sure it is a strong selling point to neutral fans though.

Blake
10-06-2022, 06:39 PM
Just talking in terms of ESPN and them having telecast rights to these rather meaningless games.

But I do understand what you are arguing. Not sure it is a strong selling point to neutral fans though.

Right now, ut v ou looks pretty meaningless.

Make the conference winner an auto playoff team and this game means a lot more than just bragging rights.

Blake
10-06-2022, 06:40 PM
Doubt I'll even watch the game myself

pgardn
10-06-2022, 07:46 PM
Right now, ut v ou looks pretty meaningless.

Make the conference winner an auto playoff team and this game means a lot more than just bragging rights.

That is sort of the point. Its not meaningless from a rival point of view. Its still hate week. The game will still be sold out because rivalries go way back. Its the first time Texas is a favorite since... damn, I cant remember.... And from a recruiting point of view its still big because their are kids who are in a decision mode between ATM, Texas, and Oklahoma. Good players who want to stay close to home. From a UT perspective the Big 12 Championship is still possible.

Personally I would not want to see a 3 loss UT team in any playoff though. It would mean they are just not good enough early in the season.
Just a bowl game against the Aggies would be fine. Or Tech again or even ARky. Thats more bragging rights for my taste.

Blake
10-06-2022, 09:12 PM
That is sort of the point. Its not meaningless from a rival point of view. Its still hate week. The game will still be sold out because rivalries go way back. Its the first time Texas is a favorite since... damn, I cant remember.... And from a recruiting point of view its still big because their are kids who are in a decision mode between ATM, Texas, and Oklahoma. Good players who want to stay close to home. From a UT perspective the Big 12 Championship is still possible.

Personally I would not want to see a 3 loss UT team in any playoff though. It would mean they are just not good enough early in the season.
Just a bowl game against the Aggies would be fine. Or Tech again or even ARky. Thats more bragging rights for my taste.

You're really okay with a reward of playing Arky at the end of the year?

Crazy that's how college fans have been groomed to like it that way but that's where we are after 70 something years of bowl game grooming

leemajors
10-07-2022, 08:45 AM

Crazy that's how college fans have been groomed to like it that way but that's where we are after 70 something years of bowl game grooming

Yeah that sounds crazy, I don't know anyone who would be satisfied with that.

It would be nice if there were a way for a team to get hot and play better and better throughout the season that was off early in the season to make the playoff, but that is a pipe dream I guess.

rjv
10-07-2022, 11:00 AM

i never understood why A&M was ranked so high going into the season, mainly because of the uncertainty about the QB position and the amount of turnover on the offensive line. haynes king is not very good, tbh and max was meh at LSU. weigman is really the best option, but the kind of offense jimbo runs, along with his refusal to simplify it, makes it highly unlikely that a true freshman gets much playing time. you've got to have the QB situation resolved and A&M is still lost in that regard. i'm not going to lay judgement on the true freshman just yet. it'd be one thing if it was a few of them playing on a roster filled with experience but that's not the case. A&M really is playing an unprecedented number of true freshman right now (unprecedented for A&M that is) and not too many upperclassmen. i don't think jimbo knows how to handle depth charts, tbh.

pgardn
10-07-2022, 11:08 AM

If Arky plays good enough the rest of the way to play a 3 win Texas team.
And I have not been bowl game groomed. I just dont want an clearly inferior team in some game against a team who has won early, middle and late in the season. I want the entire season to count. Texas has lost to Tech and played alabama tough. The loss to Tech eliminates us. Thats fine.
Imo you have to play well enough for 1 loss or undefeated or the regular season means very little. I think its the other way round. College fans are pro playoff groomed. The NBA playoffs are a joke. I really dont like the NFL either because too many teams. I dont want 3 loss Ohio State in the playoffs every year.

I see your point about people just stop watching. I bet you wont stop watching Tech just because they are out. you are a fan.

pgardn
10-07-2022, 11:32 AM
Yeah that sounds crazy, I don't know anyone who would be satisfied with that.

It would be nice if there were a way for a team to get hot and play better and better throughout the season that was off early in the season to make the playoff, but that is a pipe dream I guess.

I would not be satisfied with the regular season, which continually happens. Its a tough time for UT. I will make it through and if we win a National Championship again it will mean that much more. I like to beat myself with a hammer and then stop to fix the wound and realize how wonderful it feels to stop beating myself I guess.

pgardn
10-07-2022, 11:40 AM
i never understood why A&M was ranked so high going into the season, mainly because of the uncertainty about the QB position and the amount of turnover on the offensive line. haynes king is not very good, tbh and max was meh at LSU. weigman is really the best option, but the kind of offense jimbo runs, along with his refusal to simplify it, makes it highly unlikely that a true freshman gets much playing time. you've got to have the QB situation resolved and A&M is still lost in that regard. i'm not going to lay judgement on the true freshman just yet. it'd be one thing if it was a few of them playing on a roster filled with experience but that's not the case. A&M really is playing an unprecedented number of true freshman right now (unprecedented for A&M that is) and not too many upperclassmen. i don't think jimbo knows how to handle depth charts, tbh.

what Jimbo seems to not be able to handle is the offensive system.

Its so rare to see a guy come fully open early to help out the O line and QB. Thats scheming. Herman could not get it done either. Always contested catches.
Jimbo is a great recruiter and great with the kids it appears. Do what you do well. I think their D is awesome talent wise but Leach in his interview basically said that ATM was fairly consistent in what Leach thought they would do and because Miss ST. o line played well they had no problem moving the ball.

Alabama game should be fun just because the back and forth this summer. I will say I think the ATM players will play very hard for their coach. If they dont... thats a bad sign. I think they will. Imo they will play for Fischer under almost any circumstances. He is a leader.

Blake
10-07-2022, 12:25 PM
If Arky plays good enough the rest of the way to play a 3 win Texas team.
And I have not been bowl game groomed. I just dont want an clearly inferior team in some game against a team who has won early, middle and late in the season. I want the entire season to count. Texas has lost to Tech and played alabama tough. The loss to Tech eliminates us. Thats fine.
Imo you have to play well enough for 1 loss or undefeated or the regular season means very little. I think its the other way round. College fans are pro playoff groomed. The NBA playoffs are a joke. I really dont like the NFL either because too many teams. I dont want 3 loss Ohio State in the playoffs every year.

I see your point about people just stop watching. I bet you wont stop watching Tech just because they are out. you are a fan.

I won't stop watching Tech because I like em but I don't really care if they win or lose to anyone now. What's the difference between 10-2 and 2-10 in college football? For tech, nothing.

pgardn
10-07-2022, 03:42 PM
I won't stop watching Tech because I like em but I don't really care if they win or lose to anyone now. What's the difference between 10-2 and 2-10 in college football? For tech, nothing.

I get you.
Basketball fever probably helped with this as Tech has almost grabbed the big one and basically has a chance if they keep recruiting and getting the good play that now seems fairly normal.

For me a season where we actually beat Oklahoma and then maybe win another Big 12 championship would be nice. Its pure folly at this point to think of another National Championship. So specific games and actually playing some good games is a relief from the torture. Baby steps I guess.

And the NIL, transfer portal and conference changes still leave so much unknown... I have time to wait. And Hope since I now have accepted college football is fully Minor league professional teams. With some big differences in pay.
Also I am used to professional soccer where money rules and the best teams have the richest owners. And changes in the big teams on top really has not changed all that much. There are very few ways for any type of fairness. No draft for teams that do poorly, they get sent down to a lower paying league. cutthroat stuff...

leemajors
10-07-2022, 03:57 PM
I get you.
Basketball fever probably helped with this as Tech has almost grabbed the big one and basically has a chance if they keep recruiting and getting the good play that now seems fairly normal.

For me a season where we actually beat Oklahoma and then maybe win another Big 12 championship would be nice. Its pure folly at this point to think of another National Championship. So specific games and actually playing some good games is a relief from the torture. Baby steps I guess.

And the NIL, transfer portal and conference changes still leave so much unknown... I have time to wait. And Hope since I now have accepted college football is fully Minor league professional teams. With some big differences in pay.
Also I am used to professional soccer where money rules and the best teams have the richest owners. And changes in the big teams on top really has not changed all that much. There are very few ways for any type of fairness. No draft for teams that do poorly, they get sent down to a lower paying league. cutthroat stuff...

They should get cracking making the rules the same. No one toe sideline catches, no dumb super wide hash marks, and basketball is the worst. Possession arrow is just dumb.

Blake
10-07-2022, 04:15 PM
The possession arrow being used still is mind blowing retarded.

GAustex
10-08-2022, 09:25 AM
It’s 2 PM on Tuesday
And…
ou still sucks

DMX7
10-08-2022, 11:51 AM
Texas would be 5-0 if Ewers hadn't gotten hurt.

Blake
10-08-2022, 11:55 AM
Yeah I mean we've only seen a couple of quarters from Ewers but damn, dude looks like he could start for 3-4 pro teams tomorrow.

benefactor
10-08-2022, 12:50 PM
Tbh

TheCultOfPersonality
10-08-2022, 02:55 PM
Kansas should at least be double digit favorites against Oklahoma next week.

GAustex
10-08-2022, 04:09 PM
FOU
Should have been 52 to 0
FOU

Mark Celibate
10-08-2022, 06:07 PM
:lol Cucksas Tech

playblair
10-08-2022, 08:00 PM
its painfully obvious texas was techs superbowl.....tech blew their wad on texas..........

Mark Celibate
10-08-2022, 08:05 PM
its painfully obvious texas was techs superbowl.....tech blew their wad on texas..........

They’re taking a step in the right direction tbh. This game and the game at Kansas St would’ve been blowouts by halftime in the Matt Wells era.

still they haven’t yet gotten over the Detroit Lions-esque head scratching boneheaded plays that can turn the tide in these types of games.

Blake
10-08-2022, 08:06 PM

When else would they blow their wad?

Blake
10-08-2022, 08:07 PM
They’re taking a step in the right direction tbh. This game and the game at Kansas St would’ve been blowouts by halftime in the Matt Wells era.

still they haven’t yet gotten over the Detroit Lions-esque head scratching boneheaded plays that can turn the tide in these types of games.

The OLine is complete ass right now too.

playblair
10-08-2022, 09:20 PM
bruh watch the skycan version of hudson cards time as a starter.......he missed wide open wrs everywhere

DMX7
10-08-2022, 10:33 PM
bruh watch the skycan version of hudson cards time as a starter.......he missed wide open wrs everywhere

Bruh, Card is not good and an ultra slow decision maker.

Blake
10-08-2022, 10:44 PM

I'd rather put money on Okie St -9 to blow out Tech

Lol I'm up a few grand this year. I think I'll stop here and wait for next year.

GAustex
10-08-2022, 10:46 PM
Lol
ou
fsu
tam

pgardn
10-08-2022, 10:55 PM
Man I’m glad Milroe went to Bama.
And I’m glad King went to ATM.

But I really wish we had got Evan Stewart.

All in all that was a pretty trashy game.
Luckily it was close, otherwise blecchhh…

Jimbo with the fake penalty in place of a time out. Last time Jimbo tried this trick he had two players go down on the same play, so he got one thing right this time.

pgardn
10-08-2022, 11:27 PM

Ewers made some absolutely pro throws. Especially to Sanders. He knows what he has in his receivers and he throws them open.
That being said the pop fly attempt to throw the ball away…. Lord… And he did not help Jordan Whittington much. Whittington made 3 very high snags and then he missed Whittington wide open.

But tha ability to feel the pocket and throw people open is stunning. And he does not try to throw fastballs, he does what is necessary to get the ball there and even lead the receiver to a catch with the throw. More time and he gets even better. We should be attracting the best wideouts in the future.

. Our Oline better protect this guy. Ewers gave himself up in the Bama game to try and make a pass. NO more of that shit.

Addition: OU literally does suck. They are god awful. Especially without D. Gabriel

FrostKing
10-09-2022, 12:14 AM
https://i.ibb.co/zbZQQQw/Screenshot-20221008-215008-Chrome.jpg

"...Thought that wasn't classy at all. In the postgame, I'm not about to give you the Obama bro hug. I'm gonna shake your hand and go on..."

:lol

Mark Celibate
10-09-2022, 11:08 AM
The OLine is complete ass right now too.

yeah the fact that they put up 31 points against that D-line with a backup quarterback was a positive sign IMO. you could tell the gameplan was to mitigate the massive advantage Ok State had in the trenches with the hurry up tempo and quick passes tbh

MultiTroll
10-09-2022, 11:28 AM
Ewers good but OU is ass.
Great game but...
Will wait for a better test.

DMX7
10-09-2022, 12:51 PM
"...Thought that wasn't classy at all. In the postgame, I'm not about to give you the Obama bro hug. I'm gonna shake your hand and go on..."

BAHAHAA

pgardn
10-09-2022, 08:00 PM
Yeah I mean we've only seen a couple of quarters from Ewers but damn, dude looks like he could start for 3-4 pro teams tomorrow.

Behren Morton is damn good.
I watched some of the replays.

Is he projected to be a first 5 round draft choice? I had no idea...

Blake
10-09-2022, 10:45 PM
Yeah Morton is really good but needs a little more bulk to him. Ewers looks like he's 27.

rjv
10-10-2022, 11:17 AM
ewers is the real deal. this benefits manning as well as there will be no pressure for him to start in his freshman year. now, he can just be groomed to take over when ewers leaves. hudson card is likely going the way of the transfer portal this spring.

rjv
10-10-2022, 11:19 AM
what Jimbo seems to not be able to handle is the offensive system.

Its so rare to see a guy come fully open early to help out the O line and QB. Thats scheming. Herman could not get it done either. Always contested catches.
Jimbo is a great recruiter and great with the kids it appears. Do what you do well. I think their D is awesome talent wise but Leach in his interview basically said that ATM was fairly consistent in what Leach thought they would do and because Miss ST. o line played well they had no problem moving the ball.

Alabama game should be fun just because the back and forth this summer. I will say I think the ATM players will play very hard for their coach. If they dont... thats a bad sign. I think they will. Imo they will play for Fischer under almost any circumstances. He is a leader.

you were right about the kids playing hard as they certainly did. haynes tried but he just doesn't have pocket presence or the ability to make the right reads. at least some of the true freshman started to show something. it will all be for naught if fisher can't figure out his QB situation. as UT just found out, a great QB can make all the difference.

pgardn
10-10-2022, 01:08 PM
you were right about the kids playing hard as they certainly did. haynes tried but he just doesn't have pocket presence or the ability to make the right reads. at least some of the true freshman started to show something. it will all be for naught if fisher can't figure out his QB situation. as UT just found out, a great QB can make all the difference.

The kids definitely play for Fischer. But frustration can set in with the offense. I was very impressed with the ATM secondary. Those guys not only cover well they bring a wallop.

Aside:

serviceable backup like Card. ATM, Bama, OU found out how ugly it can get. Card has been at the school for a while and I think he has done well at school. He will never be a pro but he can come in as a backup without the team falling apart. If he really wants to play every Saturday he must leave. But if he realizes his real school situation and the NIL money comes through… I’m dreaming here…

Malik Murphy is definitely gone unless he wants Sark/Millwee coaching for another year.

I think the two games I watched, Texas and Texas ATM, illustrate how important backups are. King is gonna get killed back there Imo if he has another game like that. Imo he takes way too long (baseball pitcher to release the ball). And looks like he could get killed running. (He is fast but not elusive and he is a long thin body to crush. The QB for Alabama, Milroe cannot throw to the Bama receivers that take too long to get open. Alabama must have Young in there. Alabama will lose without Young. ATM figured out how to play Milroe… Dare him to throw and bring pressure in lanes that secure the scramble. And Gabriel apparently has pure trash backing him up for Oklahoma. (Their problems are much deeper than ATM or Bama)

Texas fans can get hyped but they will lose at least another conference game Imo. The Big 12 is solid the rest of the schedule. Away games are tough for this Texas group apparently.

Blake
10-10-2022, 04:25 PM
In case you missed the retarded rule loop hole of the year:

pgardn
10-10-2022, 05:34 PM
In case you missed the retarded rule loop hole of the year:

That was good coaching by special teams because I think it would have worked.
Well it did work, but Im not sure if the fair catch signal effected the recovery by Tech.

It was also a nice little puff ball kick.

Blake
10-10-2022, 07:17 PM
It was perfectly executed by Tech.

Except Ok St called fair catch, got the ball plus penalty yards for tech interfering with the catch.

It's retarded because the intent of the rule was to discourage the long kickoff because of injuries due to players running 20mph into each other

pgardn
10-10-2022, 08:12 PM

Except Ok St called fair catch, got the ball plus penalty yards for tech interfering with the catch.

It's retarded because the intent of the rule was to discourage the long kickoff because of injuries due to players running 20mph into each other

Yep.

but it also prevents a guy trying to field what was a perfect bloop onside kick from getting killed by multiple players.
That was some skill to be able to kick the ball perfect height and short.

TheCultOfPersonality
10-15-2022, 12:54 PM
Kansas on upset alert. Oklahoma up by double digits on Kansas.

TheCultOfPersonality
10-15-2022, 01:53 PM
The Rebels' defense making this trash Auburn offense look like the Greatest Show on Turf.

MultiTroll
10-15-2022, 01:56 PM
21-17
You're the Texas coach.
Call it now. Go or FG?

4:47 left

Blake
10-15-2022, 01:57 PM
21-17
You're the Texas coach.
Call it now. Go or FG?

I'd go.

MultiTroll
10-15-2022, 01:58 PM
OLine held up well. #8 WR did a nice fake-in cut-out pivot and Iowa State db fell for it and Ewers delivered the rather easy pass.
23-21 Texass.

MultiTroll
10-15-2022, 02:22 PM
Iowa State QB got to know when to go down.

Bad ball control, fumble.

Texas wins.

Are you Texas fans getting saltier about Alabama cheap shot as Texas racks up more Ws?

benefactor
10-15-2022, 02:36 PM
In the past Texas would have lost that game. Good win.

Blake
10-15-2022, 02:46 PM
Iowa State QB got to know when to go down.

Bad ball control, fumble.

Texas wins.

Are you Texas fans getting saltier about Alabama cheap shot as Texas racks up more Ws?

When I saw it I thought helmet to helmet

GAustex
10-15-2022, 02:58 PM
I’ve been a critic of UT for underachieving.
Today they rose to the occasion exercising IState.
Defense made two game saving plays.
In the past UT would have lost.
ISU QB has to get down and not get blasted.
Was not targeting
Good win
Gulp TCU and Oky State next

leemajors
10-15-2022, 03:56 PM
Was not targeting
Good win

That Cain drop was brutal

GAustex
10-15-2022, 04:11 PM
88 did too

leemajors
10-15-2022, 04:39 PM
88 did too

that's Cain!

benefactor
10-15-2022, 05:30 PM
I was fucking screaming at the TV. I thought he cost us the game.

benefactor
10-15-2022, 05:41 PM
Was not targeting
Good win
Winning like this is better than blowing them out when heading into these upcoming games. Every week this team gets a chance to overcome adversity it makes them better. Sucks for us though:lol

leemajors
10-15-2022, 06:35 PM
what a game

GAustex
10-15-2022, 07:01 PM
that's Cain!
Oops I thought you were referring to the ISU dude with the drop near the end of the game

playblair
10-16-2022, 08:49 AM
I was fucking screaming at the TV. I thought he cost us the game.
bruh it was windy during the game......the tv crew never announced how windy it was but being at the game u would understand why quinns throws looked murky & cain + hutchinson both dropped the ball

DMX7
10-16-2022, 03:28 PM

Well, that potential for injury still applies to a reasonable extent here so I have no problem with the call and the rule as it exists. Let's not forget that an on-side kick is really an exploitation of the rules to begin with when the obvious intent of the kickoff is supposed to be a transfer of possession.

Blake
10-16-2022, 07:36 PM
Well, that potential for injury still applies to a reasonable extent here so I have no problem with the call and the rule as it exists. Let's not forget that an on-side kick is really an exploitation of the rules to begin with when the obvious intent of the kickoff is supposed to be a transfer of possession.

If that was the obvious intent, then the ball wouldn't have ever been deemed live on kickoffs. It'd be the same as a punt

Blake
10-16-2022, 07:41 PM
I'm also pretty sure players don't have enough time to generate the same speed as they would on a full length kickoff

DMX7
10-16-2022, 07:55 PM
I'm also pretty sure players don't have enough time to generate the same speed as they would on a full length kickoff

Not the same speed but plenty of speed to lead to a serious injury if two opposing players collide going for the ball.