PDA

View Full Version : Denny's to have endless pancakes, scrambled eggs and hashbrowns for $6.99

MultiTroll
04-10-2022, 08:31 PM
Who besides DMC - Chunko will be repping SpursTalk?

Endless pancakes, scambled eggs and hashbrowns.
2 slices bacon or sausage for additional .99. >Not endless

Denny's Now Has Endless Breakfast (comicbook.com) (https://comicbook.com/irl/news/dennys-now-has-endless-breakfast/?msclkid=361cf199b93511eca091fba50909530a)

Millennial_Messiah
04-10-2022, 09:04 PM
No meat, lots of grease, starch and general empty carbs... basically pay 10 bucks after tax and tip to get a net negative calorie supply in terms of healthfulness, gain weight and have a night of diarrhea.... yep, that's the best companies can offer these days in this hyperinflationary era. #Bidenflation

Millennial_Messiah
04-10-2022, 09:04 PM
#FuckJoeBiden

MultiTroll
04-11-2022, 12:19 AM
No meat,
The eggs are protein there Porky.

Otherwise, agree it's empty calories. Maybe once in a while go off the rails.

The Trump Virus hit many people hard. If some want to find a temp diversion in some comfort food junk carbs, let them be.

Millennial_Messiah
04-11-2022, 12:22 AM
The China Virus hit gullible people hard.

FIFY.

Millennial_Messiah
04-11-2022, 12:24 AM
The eggs are protein there Porky.

Cheap, greasy and loaded with cholesterol and saturated fat, not just the natural stuff but also in what they use to cook it.

Have you ever been in the BOH of a restaurant? I was in high school and the line cooks literally don't give a shit about their customers. They want to end their shift so they can get paid. They'll used the shittiest old oil to cook shit or whatever they can. And the managers are cool with it, for the most part.

MultiTroll
04-11-2022, 01:02 AM
Cheap, greasy and loaded with cholesterol and saturated fat, not just the natural stuff but also in what they use to cook it.
Perhaps you could picket outside of Denny's.

Trump disbanded NSC pandemic unit that experts had praised - ABC News (go.com) (https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/trump-disbanded-nsc-pandemic-unit-experts-praised-69594177?msclkid=44094f77b95c11ec81b0effbad5e260f)

SpursforSix
04-11-2022, 12:02 PM

Denny's Now Has Endless Breakfast (comicbook.com) (https://comicbook.com/irl/news/dennys-now-has-endless-breakfast/?msclkid=361cf199b93511eca091fba50909530a)

This is kind of strange given that I've read about an egg shortage lately. I suppose they've figured out that most Denny's clients will go for the pancakes and get too full to make a dent in anything else. Plus they're building in some kind of drink cost which is probably well over $2.00

Honestly, if I cold have endless eggs and hashbrowns, I could make that work if I could get some tortillas and salsa, it'd be OK.

Edit...from what I can see, they're charging $9. I'd rather just roll through somewhere and get a couple of good taquitos for the same price.

I suppose the loophole is having someone order the endless breakfast and then someone ordering a coffee. Then splitting everything. Don't know how much a waitress is going to give a shit if she's tipped well.

I used to have a friend in college that just got married and had a kid. So finances were tight. He'd go to the Grandy's all you can eat fried chicken and chicken fried steak. We'd have backpacks and books so it looked like we were studying. But in reality, he'd fill up a good portion of his backpack with fried chicken. Which is pretty good for a few days after.

You could probably do the same with scrambled eggs.

Blake
04-11-2022, 12:59 PM

Have you ever been in the BOH of a restaurant? I was in high school and the line cooks literally don't give a shit about their customers. They want to end their shift so they can get paid. They'll used the shittiest old oil to cook shit or whatever they can. And the managers are cool with it, for the most part.

You like Arby's

MultiTroll
04-11-2022, 01:05 PM
Honestly, if I cold have endless eggs and hashbrowns, I could make that work if I could get some tortillas and salsa, it'd be OK.

Edit...from what I can see, they're charging $9.
article said most states 7 otherwise 9.

FWIW i read somewhere that Dennys is owned by mega rich Indian Paki dude / corp and was laundering money. (Don't all US corps?:lol )
Was given as a reason why sometimes there loss leaders seem to be too good to be true to the junk food crowd. Do you recall their 2 4 6 8 menu. FFS it was low.
Yes i know all the restaurants make much more margin on coffee and soda etc.

To me on the positive side just take this promo for what it is. Whether one eats there or not.
I have had clients that insisted on meeting at Dennys. Their salad was not gross, it was even fresh. Snob part of town FWIW. Yes that is not a contradiction, Dennys still has some locations that are in upper middle.

Millennial_Messiah
04-11-2022, 01:12 PM
You like Arby's

like 3-4 times a year and it's just a roast beef sandwich, not cooked in grease, oil or trans fat. Only fat/cholesterol is naturally from the beef.

last two times I ate Arby's was once last month here in SA, August 8 in California and August 1st in Wyoming... before that, March 8th, 2021 in Michigan. That should tell you something.

SpursforSix
04-11-2022, 03:03 PM
article said most states 7 otherwise 9.

FWIW i read somewhere that Dennys is owned by mega rich Indian Paki dude / corp and was laundering money. (Don't all US corps?:lol )
Was given as a reason why sometimes there loss leaders seem to be too good to be true to the junk food crowd. Do you recall their 2 4 6 8 menu. FFS it was low.
Yes i know all the restaurants make much more margin on coffee and soda etc.

To me on the positive side just take this promo for what it is. Whether one eats there or not.
I have had clients that insisted on meeting at Dennys. Their salad was not gross, it was even fresh. Snob part of town FWIW. Yes that is not a contradiction, Dennys still has some locations that are in upper middle.

It's hard to fuck up scrambled eggs. I know Andy mentioned greasy shit but that's really if you order them something other than scrambled.
I don't have a real problem with Denny's. In general, breakfast foots are pretty easy to make. I've probably only gone to Denny's about 15 times or so. I don't recall ever walking out thinking the foot didn't meet my expectations.
Of course half those times, I was probably drunk. Definitely not a go to for me but if it's convenient and I need to eat somewhere, I'm certainly not above it.

That being said, the new special doesn't really do anything for me. As I said, I can get a couple of taquitos for the same price. I'm not going to eat more than that regardless of the price. As far as pancakes go, it's hard as fuck to eat more than a few and be stuffed.

So other than the person that wants to eat a shitload of scrambled eggs and orders a water, I'm sure they'll be OK.

Millennial_Messiah
04-11-2022, 04:22 PM
It's hard to fuck up scrambled eggs. I know Andy mentioned greasy shit but that's really if you order them something other than scrambled.
I don't have a real problem with Denny's. In general, breakfast foots are pretty easy to make. I've probably only gone to Denny's about 15 times or so. I don't recall ever walking out thinking the foot didn't meet my expectations.
Of course half those times, I was probably drunk. Definitely not a go to for me but if it's convenient and I need to eat somewhere, I'm certainly not above it.

That being said, the new special doesn't really do anything for me. As I said, I can get a couple of taquitos for the same price. I'm not going to eat more than that regardless of the price. As far as pancakes go, it's hard as fuck to eat more than a few and be stuffed.

So other than the person that wants to eat a shitload of scrambled eggs and orders a water, I'm sure they'll be OK.

Me with the endless $7.99 popcorn shrimp in Denton at IHOP a handful of times in early 2015

Millennial_Messiah
04-11-2022, 04:24 PM
On the bright side I ended up paying $20 one of those times because I told this one lady Jacquelyn (mid 40s, single mom) to keep the change after I handed her a twenty. She told me I literally ate their entire inventory of fried popcorn shrimp. I got there at about 1:45 a.m. on a Friday night and the sun was shining by the time I walked out

MultiTroll
04-11-2022, 05:29 PM
Me with the endless $7.99 popcorn shrimp in Denton at IHOP a handful of times in early 2015
It's already been done.
But if you can find Lionel Hutz to take your case as a follow up, whatever.

https://youtu.be/hwQr3VcoUvM

Millennial_Messiah
04-11-2022, 05:31 PM
It's already been done.
But if you can find Lionel Hutz to take your case as a follow up, whatever.

https://youtu.be/hwQr3VcoUvM

I'm also "that guy" that orders the $5-6 endless soup and breadsticks from Olive Garden, gets 4-5 bowls and a fuckton of breadsticks, gets ice water with lemon, makes lemonade, pays $8 total after tax and tip and dips out

Blake
04-11-2022, 05:57 PM
On the bright side I ended up paying $20 one of those times because I told this one lady Jacquelyn (mid 40s, single mom) to keep the change after I handed her a twenty. She told me I literally ate their entire inventory of fried popcorn shrimp. I got there at about 1:45 a.m. on a Friday night and the sun was shining by the time I walked out

Even if that were true, that's a pretty bland story.

But then again it might explain your hobbit feet

SpursforSix
04-11-2022, 07:25 PM
10716494 (tel:10716494)[/URL]]I'm also "that guy" that orders the $5-6 endless soup and breadsticks from Olive Garden, gets 4-5 bowls and a fuckton of breadsticks, gets ice water with lemon, makes lemonade, pays $8 total after tax and tip and dips out

So you barely tip for a waiter that’s doing five or six times the work than a waiter with a customer ordering a normal meal.

I bet you’ve inadvertently ingested a fuck ton of spit and pubic hair.

Millennial_Messiah
04-11-2022, 11:03 PM
So you barely tip for a waiter that’s doing five or six times the work than a waiter with a customer ordering a normal meal.

When ya make out with and go down on actual women and not Avante's version of "women", that's what happens I guess

Millennial_Messiah
04-11-2022, 11:06 PM
Even if that were true, that's a pretty bland story.

But then again it might explain your hobbit feet

:lol I actually ate out pretty rarely in college. Probably treated myself out to a restaurant meal once every two weeks. The rest of the time it was either the cheap dorm food or a can of green beans and a can of Chef Boyardee ravioli back at the apartment.

SpursforSix
04-11-2022, 11:37 PM
:lol I actually ate out pretty rarely in college. Probably treated myself out to a restaurant meal once every two weeks. The rest of the time it was either the cheap dorm food or a can of green beans and a can of Chef Boyardee ravioli back at the apartment.

Cheap dorm food? I thought you went to UNT? I had a friend that went there years and years ago and I remember the food being pretty damn good. Better than Dennys. Also, I don’t think any of that shit is cheap. So you’re saying you lived off campus but would still go eat at the dorm? I’m almost certain you were paying more than you could have gone out to eat for. And that’s a little weird anyway to choose to go back to eat on campus.

Millennial_Messiah
04-11-2022, 11:52 PM
Cheap dorm food? I thought you went to UNT? I had a friend that went there years and years ago and I remember the food being pretty damn good. Better than Dennys. Also, I don’t think any of that shit is cheap. So you’re saying you lived off campus but would still go eat at the dorm? I’m almost certain you were paying more than you could have gone out to eat for. And that’s a little weird anyway to choose to go back to eat on campus.

I lived in a non-student housing small privately owned apartment building literally across the street from the UNT Union construction site which is now the UNT Union.

The food was hit or miss, it was definitely better at Victory/Champs Hall cafeteria (which you had to take the bus across I-35 for) and sometimes Bruce Hall cafeteria than the rest. Kerr Hall food was downright gross and Maple's was vegeterian and not the good kind, with limited hours. West Hall was run by old black cooks from Louisiana and was pretty much only worth going on Wednesday nights for fried chicken dinner and occasionally on some Friday lunches (they had very limited hours and their entrance charge was $5.41 after tax, the cheapest of the dorms so I just paid cash for that); the rest of the cafeterias were like $8 so I'd get one of the commuter meal plans since I'd usually only eat one big meal a day and not eat the rest of the day even though I was on campus most of the time when I wasn't at the apartment since the apartment was literally right next to campus.

I'd say the food, especially at Bruce Hall, peaked in 2013-14 and went down hill from there when ole Curt Condray who was based on the food became terminally ill with colon cancer at some point in the fall of 2014 and was replaced by a younger tall dude Andrew Klipsch who completely mismanaged the food there. The food at Bruce was really good in the Fall 2013 semester, really restaurant quality even though the place was under construction all semester, but the food went downhill from there. West Wednesdays were worth my $5.41 and occasionally Victory (Champs) had something on the menu I'd catch the bus to go eat.

Bruce in 2013-14 and Victory Hall on a good day were arguably better than Denny's. West Wednesday's, and a few of the seasonal promo day foods as well. But Kerr Hall, by far the most crowded one, made McDonalds taste like fine dining by comparison. Kerr's food roughly rivaled Northside ISD school food.

As a freshmore (first-year sophomore) in college I lived on campus so I had a full five-day unlimited-card swipe meal plan and only had to figure out food on weekends and snow days. The remaining two years while living just off campus I had a commuter limited plan where I'd micromanage what I ate and what days as per the menu schedule that was posted on the school website and virtually always made sure I came out just perfectly right as to get the best value you had to purchase "use it or lose it" commuter meal plans.

ElNono
04-12-2022, 01:21 AM
No meat, lots of grease, starch and general empty carbs... basically pay 10 bucks after tax and tip to get a net negative calorie supply in terms of healthfulness, gain weight and have a night of diarrhea.... yep, that's the best companies can offer these days in this hyperinflationary era. #Bidenflation

eggs have protein at least... this does sound like a solid breakfast for the average overweight american, tbh...

lefty
04-12-2022, 09:53 AM
Why is that article on a comic book website?
Is it sponsored by Denny's?

Great news for San Antonio though

Millennial_Messiah
04-12-2022, 09:59 AM
eggs have protein at least... this does sound like a solid breakfast for the average overweight american, tbh...

Yup.

As for a healthy fit guy like me... El Paso. As in, I'll pass. Jerry Jones said it first... El Paso.

Millennial_Messiah
04-12-2022, 10:00 AM
Why is that article on a comic book website?
Is it sponsored by Denny's?

Great news for San Antonio though
:lol ....no, but great news for the Round Mount of Fatbound to perpetuate stereotypes of San Antonio and those big ole Mexican women.

Chucho
04-12-2022, 10:08 AM

Rent free, you kiddie diddler.

Either way, there's no way your mother buys you breakfast instead of her daily pack of generic cigarettes.

MultiTroll
04-12-2022, 12:57 PM
Same cliche reply from you over and over again... poor sad sanfranfruitcake.
Yep.

https://img.particlenews.com/img/id/2jWvKM_0PHncogG00?type=thumbnail_1024x576

Not a heterosexual on this planet that wouldn't take that Karen to bed, tbh.

Chucho
04-12-2022, 06:43 PM
Yep.

https://img.particlenews.com/img/id/2jWvKM_0PHncogG00?type=thumbnail_1024x576

It will always be the same response, you freak. You openly advocate for pedophelia. That's no joke. You do that shit and have a track record of it.

This, plus your sick questioning of heterosexual males about thier sex lives and your projection of rape techniques onto others here is but just a small, sad sampling of your shitty existence, pal.

None of this is narrative or "create-a-shit-nickname-for-everyone-who-shits-on-me". You have a stupid nickname for everyone because everyone has shat on you at one point or another. FACT.

You're dumb as shit, too. How many times have members shown you how simple it is to @ someone here and you cant grasp that? You allude to how socially awkward you are, how technogically inept you are and how poor you are and how incredibly lonely you are.

You are a joke and you've spent the last 1.5 years trying hard not be be as laughed at as derp or kori, despite being a loser who comes off as never having consensual sex or his own bank account.

Just stop. Youre stupid qnd no one likes you. Its no different for you in real life and you know it.

daboom1
04-12-2022, 10:42 PM
Fabbs still eats at Denny's and his clients demand it :lol

Allan Rowe vs Wade
04-12-2022, 10:49 PM
man if you won't fuck around with all you can eat pancakes, scrambled eggs and hashbrowns, i don't know what the hell's wrong with you

Millennial_Messiah
04-13-2022, 09:53 AM
man if you won't fuck around with all you can eat pancakes, scrambled eggs and hashbrowns, i don't know what the hell's wrong with you

American / Western breakfast food is disgusting.

In general eating breakfast is a recipe for an early day sleepy crash and stomach issues throughout the day. Eat the majority of your calories within 5 hours or less of bedtime, i.e., dinner. I've mostly lived by that for the better part of 28 years and my BMI has always been just south of, or just north of, 20.0.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
04-13-2022, 10:01 AM

In general eating breakfast is a recipe for an early day sleepy crash and stomach issues throughout the day. Eat the majority of your calories within 5 hours or less of bedtime, i.e., dinner. I've mostly lived by that for the better part of 28 years and my BMI has always been just south of, or just north of, 20.0.

Blake
04-13-2022, 12:24 PM

https://mediaproxy.salon.com/width/1200/height/675/https://media.salon.com/2012/11/hobbit_feet_rect.jpg

koriwhat
04-13-2022, 12:36 PM
Mono will put Denny's out of biz with that deal.

SpursforSix
04-13-2022, 01:17 PM

I don't have a problem with any of those. But the reality is I'll be stuffed after two pancakes, two eggs, and hashbrowns. Which I can get for less money with the Grand Slam or something like that.
Plus I can get get my eggs fried instead of scrambled.

Blake
04-13-2022, 02:01 PM
The hash browns are what makes that deal worth it I guess. I make eggs and pancakes on the weekends and it takes about 15 maybe 20 minutes total time to prep/cook with a big griddle where you can cook 6 pancakes at once.

The hash browns are the thing that take the most time.

DJR210
04-13-2022, 04:51 PM

:lol

monosylab1k
04-13-2022, 07:32 PM

He’s gotten the Yelper special for sure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5N1Hp8IIY8

Spurminator
04-14-2022, 10:21 AM
"All you can eat" of a single meal is a solution in search of a problem. Unless you're a linebacker, how many people are really still hungry after a normal pancake/egg/hashbrown meal at any other restaurant?

I guess I can see the appeal of a buffet where you can get some of everything, but this and all the "AYCE Shrimp/Pasta/etc" stuff is easy profit for restaurants because they know most people are still just going to eat a normal sized meal.

Millennial_Messiah
04-17-2022, 01:09 PM
"All you can eat" of a single meal is a solution in search of a problem. Unless you're a linebacker, how many people are really still hungry after a normal pancake/egg/hashbrown meal at any other restaurant?

I guess I can see the appeal of a buffet where you can get some of everything, but this and all the "AYCE Shrimp/Pasta/etc" stuff is easy profit for restaurants because they know most people are still just going to eat a normal sized meal.

not me, I'll fast for at least a day before I do anything AYCE. But buffets just aren't my thing anymore and haven't been since high school, because I realized quality of food is more important than quantity and looking like a skinny pregnant dude after dinner barely able to walk instead of having a nice quality healthy regular sized meal for the same price.

Millennial_Messiah
04-17-2022, 01:10 PM
Unless you're a linebacker, how many people are really still hungry after a normal pancake/egg/hashbrown meal at any other restaurant?

Maybe you're a lineman? ;)

Millennial_Messiah
04-17-2022, 01:11 PM
The hash browns are what makes that deal worth it I guess. I make eggs and pancakes on the weekends and it takes about 15 maybe 20 minutes total time to prep/cook with a big griddle where you can cook 6 pancakes at once.

The hash browns are the thing that take the most time.
Hash browns are delicious but unhealthy-as-fuck. Probably worse than fries because all of the potato is scorched in acrylamide filled hot oil instead of just the outer part of the french fry.

DMC
04-18-2022, 12:45 PM
Flabbs is a weird one, still living in the "spurstalk gtg" days, fantasizing about real people talking to him.

MultiTroll
04-18-2022, 02:18 PM
^ DMC - Chunko triggered again. :lol

Desperate Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster (https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/desperate)

Self-loathing Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster (https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/self-loathing)

Slanderous Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster (https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/slanderous)

DMC
04-18-2022, 10:12 PM
incel
/ˈinˌsel/
noun
a member of an online community of young men who consider themselves unable to attract women sexually, typically associated with views that are hostile toward women and men who are sexually active.
"self-identified incels have used the internet to find anonymous support"

The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of
Mental Disorders (DSM-III-R) of the American
Psychiatric Association contains the follow~
ing definition: "302.20 Pedophilia. The es~
sential feature of this disorder is recurrent,
intense, sexual urges and sexually arousing
fantasies, of at least six months' duration, involving sexual activity with a prepubescent
child.

ChumpDumper
04-19-2022, 03:48 AM
incel
/ˈinˌsel/
noun
a member of an online community of young men who consider themselves unable to attract women sexually, typically associated with views that are hostile toward women and men who are sexually active.
"self-identified incels have used the internet to find anonymous support"

The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of
Mental Disorders (DSM-III-R) of the American
Psychiatric Association contains the follow~
ing definition: "302.20 Pedophilia. The es~
sential feature of this disorder is recurrent,
intense, sexual urges and sexually arousing
fantasies, of at least six months' duration, involving sexual activity with a prepubescent
child.

Inaccurate.

You're old and an incel.