PDA

View Full Version : DeSantis praised the banning of math textbooks.

Pages : [1] 2

RandomGuy
04-15-2022, 07:24 PM
This is what happens when fascists get control of state governments.

Cancel culture and political correctness are just fine when conservatives do it. fuck the hypocrisy.

smh

--------------------
The state of Florida is rejecting 28 mathematics textbooks as a result of Republicans' purported outrage over Critical Race Theory.

On Friday, Florida Commissioner of Education Richard Corcoran announced that the state had rejected the math textbooks under the state's Benchmarks for Excellent Student Thinking (B.E.S.T.) standards.

"The approved list followed a thorough review of submissions at the Department, which found 41 percent of the submitted textbooks were impermissible with either Florida’s new standards or contained prohibited topics – the most in Florida’s history. Reasons for rejecting textbooks included references to Critical Race Theory (CRT), inclusions of Common Core, and the unsolicited addition of Social Emotional Learning (SEL) in mathematics," the department announced.

https://www.rawstory.com/desantis-critical-race-theory/

Thread
04-15-2022, 07:35 PM
Trump & Santis, sittin' in that there tree!!!

https://floridapolitics.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/ron-desantis-trump.jpg

DarrinS
04-15-2022, 08:07 PM

Cancel culture and political correctness are just fine when conservatives do it. fuck the hypocrisy.

smh

--------------------
The state of Florida is rejecting 28 mathematics textbooks as a result of Republicans' purported outrage over Critical Race Theory.

On Friday, Florida Commissioner of Education Richard Corcoran announced that the state had rejected the math textbooks under the state's Benchmarks for Excellent Student Thinking (B.E.S.T.) standards.

"The approved list followed a thorough review of submissions at the Department, which found 41 percent of the submitted textbooks were impermissible with either Florida’s new standards or contained prohibited topics – the most in Florida’s history. Reasons for rejecting textbooks included references to Critical Race Theory (CRT), inclusions of Common Core, and the unsolicited addition of Social Emotional Learning (SEL) in mathematics," the department announced.

:tu

RandomGuy
04-15-2022, 08:57 PM

You brainwashed piece of shit.

Math text books? Reallyl?

Blake
04-15-2022, 08:57 PM

Lol Darrin

ChumpDumper
04-15-2022, 09:09 PM
:tu:lmao snowflake

GAustex
04-15-2022, 09:40 PM
Lefties gonna lose twitters and now this

Blake
04-15-2022, 09:50 PM
Lefties gonna lose twitters and now this

I mean yeah how are kids gonna add now

GAustex
04-15-2022, 09:54 PM
I mean yeah how are kids gonna add now
They will add
They won’t be groomed

DarrinS
04-15-2022, 10:27 PM

If they contain woke SJW bullshit, then yes.

Blake
04-15-2022, 10:45 PM
They will add
They won’t be groomed

Explain how you groom with math books. I honestly don't know

GAustex
04-15-2022, 10:49 PM
Purposely obtuse?

If they contain woke SJW bullshit, then yes”

Thanos
04-15-2022, 11:21 PM
You still can’t even define CRT, so how would you know it was in those textbooks?

HemisfairArena
04-16-2022, 01:58 AM

smh

--------------------

HemisfairArena
04-16-2022, 02:00 AM
You still can’t even define CRT, so how would you know it was in those textbooks?

You still cant admit BLM and Antifa are terrorist groups,,,,

FuzzyLumpkins
04-16-2022, 02:50 AM

Who is the leader or leading agency of Antifa and/or BLM?

FuzzyLumpkins
04-16-2022, 03:03 AM
And it's interesting how our local GOP supporters have been conditioned. They've distilled it down to "woke SJW bullshit" and obviously have no idea what the "woke SJW bullshit" even is.

ChumpDumper
04-16-2022, 03:07 AM
And it's interesting how our local GOP supporters have been conditioned. They've distilled it down to "woke SJW bullshit" and obviously have no idea what the "woke SJW bullshit" even is.

:lol the things they're afraid of

Thread
04-16-2022, 03:29 AM

Hemi

FuzzyLumpkins
04-16-2022, 04:47 AM
:lol the things they're afraid of

It's more like blind allegiance from useful idiots. the way that the GOP has eaten and continues to eat up the big man cult of personality is not good.

CosmicCowboy
04-16-2022, 08:51 AM
I can remember when math was just math. What variables do you use in calculus for social emotional learning?

Winehole23
04-16-2022, 10:35 AM
I can remember when math was just math. What variables do you use in calculus for social emotional learning?so what's at issue here? what's the actual gripe?

DMC
04-16-2022, 10:39 AM

"You have an opinion that differs from mine, you're a brainwashed piece of shit" -RG

Winehole23
04-16-2022, 10:41 AM

DMC
04-16-2022, 10:44 AM

1. Phillip has two boyfriends, Jalen and Todd. Jalen is black and Todd is white. What is the ratio of Phillip's white male partners to black male partners?

2. A black man is 4x more likely than a white man to be convicted of a crime in court. If Todd and Jalen were both arrested for the same crime and tried 10 times, how many times would Todd be convicted? How many times would Jalen be convicted?

Thanos
04-16-2022, 11:11 AM
1. Phillip has two boyfriends, Jalen and Todd. Jalen is black and Todd is white. What is the ratio of Phillip's white male partners to black male partners?

2. A black man is 4x more likely than a white man to be convicted of a crime in court. If Todd and Jalen were both arrested for the same crime and tried 10 times, how many times would Todd be convicted? How many times would Jalen be convicted?
Did those questions come from the rejected Florida textbooks or your imagination?

ChumpDumper
04-16-2022, 12:10 PM
Is DMC OK?

koriwhat
04-16-2022, 12:25 PM
burn in hell you regressives! :tu

RandomGuy
04-16-2022, 12:58 PM
"You have an opinion that differs from mine, you're a brainwashed piece of shit" -RG

"you are hysterically banning math textbooks out of a fear of a non-existent threat = brainwashed" , you stupid fuck.

You stupid shits have had made up fears of all sorts instilled in you by cynical millionaire assholes making money on your cowardice for decades now. You are so blindly running from these phantasms that you can't even recognize the manipulation.

Who benefits from dolts like you being scared of the "critical race theory" boogeyman?

smh

RandomGuy
04-16-2022, 01:03 PM

Who gets to pick what constitutes "woke SJW bullshit?"

The only thing this does is a cynical attempt to shift the Overton window.

Easily manipulated shits like you get stampeded into thinking it is a Thing by people making money of your fear/outrage.

"we're not fascists, but we are all for burning books, or banning them from print all together"

fuck off with that shit.

RandomGuy
04-16-2022, 01:05 PM

It is anything that hurts their middle age white guy fee fees.

ChumpDumper
04-16-2022, 01:07 PM
:lmao white men afraid of math

Blake
04-16-2022, 01:17 PM
I can remember when math was just math. What variables do you use in calculus for social emotional learning?

Exactly. I mean is it the word problems? If a white good guy with a gun leaves on a train from LA traveling at 55 mph, how long before he kills a black unarmed kid wearing a hoodie jogging in a neighborhood in NY?

Blake
04-16-2022, 01:18 PM

Oh I posted before I saw this. Of course DMC has gay word problems

Trainwreck2100
04-16-2022, 01:46 PM

I'd love for them to tell us.

ElNono
04-16-2022, 02:55 PM

Anything they don't like or are scared of, because, obviously, this is all about them.

Ef-man
04-16-2022, 07:11 PM

I was surprised he did not provide a word problem to determine the odds of Philip, Todd, or Jalen going out with a tranny with fat-hands.

Big Empty
04-16-2022, 07:20 PM
He’s replacing math textbooks with the abacus from the king george bible

DMC
04-17-2022, 12:56 AM

Do you mean King James?

DMC
04-17-2022, 12:57 AM

You think a math book is only numbers? :lol

DMC
04-17-2022, 01:00 AM
Did those questions come from the rejected Florida textbooks or your imagination?

It answered the question that I quoted. Try to keep up.

HemisfairArena
04-17-2022, 01:10 AM
:lmao white men afraid of math

black men love meth,,,,:lmao

FuzzyLumpkins
04-17-2022, 01:26 AM

No. But what prose do you take issue with and why?

DMC
04-17-2022, 01:47 AM
No. But what prose do you take issue with and why?

What retarded narrative entered that gourd of yours that made it seem like a good idea to pretend I objected to any of it?

FuzzyLumpkins
04-17-2022, 02:51 AM
What retarded narrative entered that gourd of yours that made it seem like a good idea to pretend I objected to any of it?

They say "GOPotards are afraid of math."

You respond, "There is more than math in those text books."

You've established that there are words in there too. It's not hard to see where the argument is going thus my mentioning prose.

RandomGuy
04-17-2022, 07:45 AM
Exactly. I mean is it the word problems? If a white good guy with a gun leaves on a train from LA traveling at 55 mph, how long before he kills a black unarmed kid wearing a hoodie jogging in a neighborhood in NY?

LOL

RandomGuy
04-17-2022, 07:47 AM

ooooh grammar smack on a textbook you have never read, that was banned because of a made up issue you are stupid enough to think is a Thing.

that is a new level of stupid pettiness.

Thanos
04-17-2022, 08:40 AM
It answered the question that I quoted. Try to keep up.
So your own frightened imagination, got it :tu

Isitjustme?
04-17-2022, 09:11 AM

Do you mean King James?

Ha! Got Eeeeeeem!!

DMC
04-17-2022, 11:26 AM

They say "GOPotards are afraid of math."

You respond, "There is more than math in those text books."

You've established that there are words in there too. It's not hard to see where the argument is going thus my mentioning prose.

I explained how you could groom using math books.

DMC
04-17-2022, 11:27 AM
Ha! Got Eeeeeeem!!

I Googled King George bible, honestly don't know.

DMC
04-17-2022, 11:28 AM
So your own frightened imagination, got it :tu

Says the one behind yet another alt.

I have no problem with any of it but it's not benign math when you add social learning. You're going by someone's idea of truth while math is universal.

Thanos
04-17-2022, 11:33 AM
Says the one behind yet another alt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgB491zXQxs

Blake
04-17-2022, 11:39 AM

Hopefully they ban the reading comp book you had.

DMC
04-17-2022, 11:39 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgB491zXQxs

You're still frightened obviously, and lashing out.

DMC
04-17-2022, 11:40 AM
Hopefully they ban the reading comp book you had.

You're the one who couldn't fathom words in a math book.

Spurminator
04-17-2022, 12:14 PM

Darrin just eating up those conservative outrage buzzwords like a good dumb soldier, doesn't even matter that he can't explain.

Thanos
04-17-2022, 12:18 PM
I’m still frightened obviously, and lashing out.

Big Empty
04-17-2022, 12:30 PM
I Googled King George bible, honestly don't know.Ha Ha my joke turned into a joke lol i have no clue.

DMC
04-17-2022, 12:33 PM
Ha Ha my joke turned into a joke lol i have no clue.

:lol I spent considerable time in the past studying biblical history, never heard of it. I thought I learned some new shit.

Big Empty
04-17-2022, 01:06 PM
:lol I spent considerable time in the past studying biblical history, never heard of it. I thought I learned some new shit.
Its King James. My social media needs a breathtlizer on it

FuzzyLumpkins
04-17-2022, 02:36 PM
I explained how you could groom using math books.

So you were doing your typical disingenuous nonsense when responding to me. Got it.

Blake
04-17-2022, 02:51 PM
You're the one who couldn't fathom words in a math book.

Were those actual word problems you had?

Isitjustme?
04-17-2022, 03:13 PM
I Googled King George bible, honestly don't know.

oh lol

DMC
04-17-2022, 11:42 PM
So you were doing your typical disingenuous nonsense when responding to me. Got it.
I don't give your hubris much thought. You're not really worth it.

DMC
04-17-2022, 11:43 PM
Were those actual word problems you had?

Those were real words. Math problems can be done using stories. You should have asked your wife.

Blake
04-18-2022, 02:02 AM
Those were real words. Math problems can be done using stories. You should have asked your wife.

If anyone needs gay word problems, they should ask you.

FuzzyLumpkins
04-18-2022, 05:13 AM
I don't give your hubris much thought. You're not really worth it.

Oh please. When I spoke to what you were getting at in your argument, you disavowed it and tried to convince me it wasn't your argument.

RandomGuy
04-18-2022, 06:22 AM
You're still frightened obviously, and lashing out.

We're not the ones frightened by a math book.

LOOK OUT, 5X+Y=3 IS COMING FOR YOUR GUNS!!!

Why do you keep believing that CRT is something real to be scared of? smh

Winehole23
04-18-2022, 07:59 AM
https://wompampsupport.azureedge.net/fetchimage?siteId=7575&v=2&jpgQuality=100&width=700&url=https%3A%2F%2Fi.kym-cdn.com%2Fentries%2Ficons%2Fmobile%2F000%2F027%2F7 87%2Fboot.jpg

Winehole23
04-18-2022, 08:28 AM

Winehole23
04-18-2022, 08:36 AM

DMC
04-18-2022, 11:56 AM
Oh please. When I spoke to what you were getting at in your argument, you disavowed it and tried to convince me it wasn't your argument.

It was immediately apparent you didn't read first.

DMC
04-18-2022, 11:57 AM
We're not the ones frightened by a math book.

LOOK OUT, 5X+Y=3 IS COMING FOR YOUR GUNS!!!

Why do you keep believing that CRT is something real to be scared of? smh

Strawman

I don't think turds are scary but I don't want one in my soup.

SnakeBoy
04-18-2022, 11:58 AM
Libs get so upset when CRT gets banned

Winehole23
04-18-2022, 12:24 PM
define your term, Snake Boy.

What's CRT?

DarrinS
04-18-2022, 12:27 PM
https://www.persuasion.community/p/why-america-is-flunking-math-education?s=r

DMC
04-18-2022, 12:34 PM
define your term, Snake Boy.

What's CRT?

Why does everyone need a custom definition. Post the common definition and see if anyone disagrees.

DMC
04-18-2022, 12:34 PM
Libs get so upset when CRT gets banned

They could just open a CRT school and people could send their kids. They did it for trannies.

ChumpDumper
04-18-2022, 01:26 PM
Why does everyone need a custom definition. Post the common definition and see if anyone disagrees.
You're the ones shitting yourselves about it.

Define it.

Blake
04-18-2022, 02:00 PM

What's your common definition. Let's see if anyone disagrees.

DMC
04-18-2022, 06:42 PM
What's your common definition. Let's see if anyone disagrees.

:lol

Clearly you don't understand the concept.

DMC
04-18-2022, 06:43 PM
critical race theory (CRT), intellectual and social movement and loosely organized framework of legal analysis based on the premise that race is not a natural, biologically grounded feature of physically distinct subgroups of human beings but a socially constructed (culturally invented) category that is used to oppress and exploit people of colour. Critical race theorists hold that racism is inherent in the law and legal institutions of the United States insofar as they function to create and maintain social, economic, and political inequalities between whites and nonwhites, especially African Americans. Critical race theorists are generally dedicated to applying their understanding of the institutional or structural nature of racism to the concrete (if distant) goal of eliminating all race-based and other unjust hierarchies.

Not mine but maybe Blake can make do :lol

DMC
04-18-2022, 06:44 PM
Sickle cell says hi.

Blake
04-18-2022, 07:31 PM
critical race theory (CRT), intellectual and social movement and loosely organized framework of legal analysis based on the premise that race is not a natural, biologically grounded feature of physically distinct subgroups of human beings but a socially constructed (culturally invented) category that is used to oppress and exploit people of colour. Critical race theorists hold that racism is inherent in the law and legal institutions of the United States insofar as they function to create and maintain social, economic, and political inequalities between whites and nonwhites, especially African Americans. Critical race theorists are generally dedicated to applying their understanding of the institutional or structural nature of racism to the concrete (if distant) goal of eliminating all race-based and other unjust hierarchies.

Lol leaving off the link.

Quick glance I don't see any reason to disagree with that meaning. Now explain how it applies to op.

DarrinS
04-18-2022, 07:53 PM
Evidently, a lot of those "banned" books used common core, which has been an epic failure.

ChumpDumper
04-18-2022, 07:56 PM
Evidently, a lot of those "banned" books used common core, which has been an epic failure.

Compared to what using what standards?

SnakeBoy
04-18-2022, 08:41 PM

Libs don't have a definition and won't accept any definition because they claim CRT doesn't exist. They sure get upset when it gets banned though.

Blake
04-18-2022, 09:08 PM
Libs don't have a definition and won't accept any definition because they claim CRT doesn't exist. They sure get upset when it gets banned though.

Wow just look at the all the straw here

DMC
04-18-2022, 09:40 PM
Lol leaving off the link.

Quick glance I don't see any reason to disagree with that meaning. Now explain how it applies to op.

So you could only agree if you knew the source? :lol You're such a fucking retard. I provided a common definition. I don't need to explain shit.

pgardn
04-18-2022, 09:44 PM
Sickle cell says hi.

This is an utterly a stupefying example.

DMC
04-18-2022, 10:00 PM
This is an utterly a stupefying example.

You folk always scoff at that which you cannot address head on. If race is a social construct why doesn't nature play along? Don't tell me about malaria. Race isn't a social construct any more than is time itself. You can get on your slippery slope about all things being only mental constructs, but that's your row to hoe. If race isn't real then racism isn't real.

Ef-man
04-18-2022, 10:03 PM

Link

https://www.britannica.com/topic/critical-race-theory

DMC
04-18-2022, 10:10 PM
hereby defined and the crowd went silent, except for the legriding retard who thinks posting a link proves I plagiarized it :lol

pgardn
04-18-2022, 10:15 PM
You folk always scoff at that which you cannot address head on. If race is a social construct why doesn't nature play along? Don't tell me about malaria. Race isn't a social construct any more than is time itself. You can get on your slippery slope about all things being only mental constructs, but that's your row to hoe. If race isn't real then racism isn't real.

wtf are you even saying?

You are picking a genetic disorder that most often affects people in the US of African, Meditereanean, and middle Eastern descent to prove what exactly?
That genes can be different in different races of people? Seriously wtf are you trying to prove....? Sickle Cell says hello.

Explain yourself, because you have not even gotten close to doing so with your statement above.
Tay Sachs says hello... wtf?

DMC
04-18-2022, 10:17 PM
wtf are you even saying?

You are picking a genetic disorder that most often affects people in the US of African, Meditereanean, and middle Eastern descent to prove what exactly?
That genes can be different in different races of people? Seriously wtf are you trying to prove....? Sickle Cell says hello.

Explain yourself, because you have not even gotten close to doing so with your statement above.
Tay Sachs says hello... wtf?
But there are no races.

pgardn
04-18-2022, 10:18 PM
And DMCircus clown.... "you folk" wtf... drinking tonight?

pgardn
04-18-2022, 10:20 PM
But there are no races.

We have a name for geographic variants. They are sometimes referred to as races.
So what does sickle cell say hello to?

Ef-man
04-18-2022, 10:21 PM
hereby defined and the crowd went silent, except for the legriding retard who thinks posting a link proves I plagiarized it :lol

Being that you do not like to source your material (nor give lucky numbers with your Chinese cookie posts), pulling from “Britanica.com” instead of using your own words just shows how much of a shitty ass boomer you are. :lol

Blake
So you could only agree if you knew the source? :lol You're such a fucking retard. I provided a common definition. I don't need to explain shit.

Where did I say that I would only agree if I knew the source? What is wrong with your reading skills?

DMC
We have a name for geographic variants. They are sometimes referred to as races.
So what does sickle cell say hello to?

Learn to read.

"the premise that race is not a natural, biologically grounded feature of physically distinct subgroups of human beings but a socially constructed (culturally invented) category "

Blake
04-18-2022, 10:24 PM

Lol DMC dropping the mic with a pending question

pgardn
04-18-2022, 10:25 PM
Learn to read.

"the premise that race is not a natural, biologically grounded feature of physically distinct subgroups of human beings but a socially constructed (culturally invented) category "

So you are griping about the definition of race.
Why dont you just say it?
In biology, race in humans GENERALLY means geographic variant.

You find a definition from somewhere you dont like and get huffy.
Thats just stupid. Of course variations in human morphology can be genetic. So what is your point?

Blake
04-18-2022, 10:27 PM

:lmao dmcs rambling pseudo intellectual logic that led him to this drunken conclusion

pgardn
04-18-2022, 10:34 PM
:lmao dmcs rambling pseudo intellectual logic that led him to this drunken conclusion

Its so odd that when people first encountered other people of a different skin color and customs they were surprised and somewhat mystified?
So now we jump to you immediately must hate them because they might contain different pigment genes and have had somewhat different cultural norms than you (due to geographic separation) you automatically need to hate them?

wtf is he saying cause I dont get it...?

Blake
04-18-2022, 10:39 PM
Its so odd wtf is he saying cause I dont get it...?

He's trying to say you can't have it both ways regarding race by backing it up with retard strength reasoning.

pgardn
04-18-2022, 10:48 PM
There are a myriad of names for geographic variations that are genetic in all kinds of animals, plants, populations of living things.
This is... exceptionally trivial.

Words change. Languages change. Must be pure hell for the OCD.

Ef-man
04-18-2022, 10:49 PM
A CNN reporter got feedback from Florida governor’s office that 71% of rejected textbooks were for Kindergarten to 5th grade.

The books must have had the gay Teletubies character. :lol

pgardn
04-18-2022, 10:53 PM
There are a myriad of names for geographic variations that are genetic in all kinds of animals, plants, populations of living things.
This is... exceptionally trivial.

Words change. Languages change. Must be pure hell for the OCD.

Although I did get a good laugh of the red team's use of 'alternative facts' Yes now means NO. Beautiful stuff...

Blake
04-18-2022, 10:54 PM
A CNN reporter got feedback from Florida governor’s office that 71% of rejected textbooks were for Kindergarten to 5th grade.

They probably kept misspelling the word "potato"

ChumpDumper
04-19-2022, 03:45 AM

So what is your side's problem with it?

Explain.

DMC
04-19-2022, 12:40 PM
Lol DMC dropping the mic with a pending question

"pending question" :lol

You've graduated from the school of forum barnacle Chumpy

https://i.imgur.com/DuxvhwC.jpg

3am and running from thread to thread quoting me

:lmao

DMC
04-19-2022, 12:46 PM
So you are griping about the definition of race.
Why dont you just say it?
In biology, race in humans GENERALLY means geographic variant.

You find a definition from somewhere you dont like and get huffy.
Thats just stupid. Of course variations in human morphology can be genetic. So what is your point?

I was referring to CRT, not the definition of race.

All I said was "sickle cell says hi" and you went off the deep end without knowing context (because you're too stupid to read).

If race doesn't really exist, why did it matter what race the supreme court candidates were?

RandomGuy
04-19-2022, 12:48 PM

I would have to guess they showed brown people having the temerity to do math.

Neo-fascists all know, deep down in their bones they are better than brown people, so I can see why this would be so upsetting.

DMC
04-19-2022, 12:49 PM
Its so odd that when people first encountered other people of a different skin color and customs they were surprised and somewhat mystified?
So now we jump to you immediately must hate them because they might contain different pigment genes and have had somewhat different cultural norms than you (due to geographic separation) you automatically need to hate them?

wtf is he saying cause I dont get it...?

You're inventing your own talking points now that no one here even discussed, Rain man.

DMC
04-19-2022, 12:50 PM

Neo-fascists all know, deep down in their bones they are better than brown people, so I can see why this would be so upsetting.

When the brown people are conservatives, they are just traitors like Dr Ben Carson.

DarrinS
04-19-2022, 12:52 PM

Best math teacher I ever had was a "brown" person.

RandomGuy
04-19-2022, 12:55 PM
When the brown people are conservatives, they are just traitors like Dr Ben Carson.

I didn't say conservatives. I said neo-fascists'.

Odd that you would equate the two.

RandomGuy
04-19-2022, 12:56 PM
Best math teacher I ever had was a "brown" person.

"I had a brown friend" :lol

Bet that math teacher thought climate change was real, and that humans were causing it.

ChumpDumper
04-19-2022, 12:58 PM

I was up and you said a lot of stupid shit.

Still tracking me.

Blake
04-19-2022, 01:04 PM

All I said was "sickle cell says hi" and you went off the deep end without knowing context (because you're too stupid to read).

If race doesn't really exist, why did it matter what race the supreme court candidates were?

Who said it doesn't exist besides you?

boutons_deux
04-19-2022, 01:04 PM
DeSantis' goons say their book banning process is transparent, BigLie, but will not show the CRT evidence they claim is in the banned books.

Blake
04-19-2022, 01:06 PM

Lol still trying to drop the mic

Thanos
04-19-2022, 01:13 PM
Libs don't have a definition and won't accept any definition because they claim CRT doesn't exist.
What a complete and utter lie, from Tucker’s ass to your mouth :lol

Everyone knows CRT exists, it’s a course taught at Harvard. What doesn’t exist is kindergarteners being taught CRT.

Banning CRT is akin to saying ”Calculus is a lie, and we ban it being taught to 6 year olds!” :lol conservatives are so incredibly stupid.

boutons_deux
04-19-2022, 01:23 PM
https://scontent-dfw5-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/278777020_390216073209973_8232372943250286534_n.jp g?stp=dst-jpg_p526x296&_nc_cat=1&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=b3jjZHD5V34AX-1XuJB&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=00_AT-XvoYiKHtavbwe976AZ3pbDI2twRMLIesDQ8EVwr_dAQ&oe=6263079E

DMC
04-19-2022, 01:39 PM
I didn't say conservatives. I said neo-fascists'.

Odd that you would equate the two.

You think you're better than a conservative brown person. You've said as much.

DMC
04-19-2022, 01:43 PM
Who said it doesn't exist besides you?

I know you're not very sharp so let me lead you to water...

If race is not a physical or biological fact, merely a social construct, then it doesn't actually exist.

DMC
04-19-2022, 01:47 PM
What a complete and utter lie, from Tucker’s ass to your mouth :lol

Everyone knows CRT exists, it’s a course taught at Harvard. What doesn’t exist is kindergarteners being taught CRT.

Banning CRT is akin to saying ”Calculus is a lie, and we ban it being taught to 6 year olds!” :lol conservatives are so incredibly stupid.

i.e. you don't understand it either.

Thanos
04-19-2022, 02:38 PM
no u

Blake
04-19-2022, 02:58 PM
I know you're not very sharp so let me lead you to water...

If race is not a physical or biological fact, merely a social construct, then it doesn't actually exist.

So these are just your rules and not the common definition. Ok.

Lol dmc

Blake
04-19-2022, 02:59 PM

nOnE oF yOu gEt iT

DMC
04-19-2022, 04:20 PM
So these are just your rules and not the common definition. Ok.

Lol dmc

You probably have no problem with that concept when applied to the Christian God. You wouldn't claim God exists because the concept of God exists.

Blake
04-19-2022, 04:23 PM
You probably have no problem with that concept when applied to the Christian God. You wouldn't claim God exists because the concept of God exists.

Uh except we can see racism. Can't see God.

DMC
04-19-2022, 04:45 PM
Uh except we can see racism. Can't see God.

We can see religion and atheism. Doesn't prove God exists. Racism doesn't prove race exists.
But are you insisting that race exists because of the concept of race?

Thanos
04-19-2022, 05:04 PM
nOnE oF yOu gEt iT
DMC really want 50 randos on the internet to know that he’s very intelligent, and will waste the rest of his life proving it.

ChumpDumper
04-19-2022, 05:06 PM
We can see religion and atheism. Doesn't prove God exists. Racism doesn't prove race exists.

Practically, sure.

Blake
04-19-2022, 05:18 PM

Religion exists because we can see it. We don't know if God exists because we can't see any sign of it. We can see racists doing racists things and putting it into law.

This is you trying too hard to pseudo intellectual this thread to pieces.

DMC
04-19-2022, 08:41 PM
Religion exists because we can see it. We don't know if God exists because we can't see any sign of it. We can see racists doing racists things and putting it into law.

This is you trying too hard to pseudo intellectual this thread to pieces.

Are you saying race does or does not exist? You jumped to racism.

DMC
04-19-2022, 08:41 PM
DMC really want 50 randos on the internet to know that he’s very intelligent, and will waste the rest of his life proving it.

Something you'll never have to worry about.

Nathan89
04-19-2022, 09:37 PM
I'm 100% certain that the students will have a math textbook with the necessary material.

ChumpDumper
04-19-2022, 09:38 PM
I'm 100% certain that the students will have a math textbook with the necessary material.

What parts of the book were too scary?

Nathan89
04-19-2022, 09:47 PM
What parts of the book were too scary?

Are they going to get math textbooks that are insufficient? I don't think so. I don't think you think so. That suggests a different motive that doesn't involve teaching math.

ChumpDumper
04-19-2022, 09:58 PM
Are they going to get math textbooks that are insufficient? I don't think so. I don't think you think so. That suggests a different motive that doesn't involve teaching math.Who says they were insufficient?

What about them is terrifying you?

Nathan89
04-19-2022, 10:09 PM
The leftists are not concerned about the students not receiving sufficient math textbooks. They have different motives.

School choice can't happen fast enough.

ChumpDumper
04-19-2022, 10:28 PM
The leftists are not concerned about the students not receiving sufficient math textbooks. They have different motives.What motives?

What specifically about the books is scaring you?

RandomGuy
04-19-2022, 10:41 PM

RandomGuy
04-19-2022, 10:42 PM

or maybe it is just hte "black" people. :rollin

Thanos
04-19-2022, 10:45 PM
:lmao you don’t have to either, pal. But you do…you really really really do, and that’s the pathetic part.

Winehole23
04-19-2022, 11:18 PM
1516450234955702283I notice they're all masked up. Interesting timing.

Winehole23
04-19-2022, 11:20 PM
what is DMC crying about now, who called Ben Carson a traitor?

Blake
04-20-2022, 07:56 AM
Are you saying race does or does not exist? You jumped to racism.

Does racism exist but not race? Of course race exists.

More pseudo crap instead of getting to it

Winehole23
04-20-2022, 09:11 AM

More pseudo crap instead of getting to it It's no contradiction to say that there's no biological basis for race but there is a social one based on parentage, skin tint and stereotyped physical characteristics. It's amusing DMC seems to think a contrived semantic dispute will deflate other posters while covering him with glory. I doubt we're far from another premature declaration of victory and more chest thumping.

Winehole23
04-20-2022, 11:46 AM
Banning books at the public library is a Republican mania these days

DMC
04-20-2022, 12:59 PM
:lmao you don’t have to either, pal. But you do…you really really really do, and that’s the pathetic part.

Interesting

DMC
04-20-2022, 01:13 PM
what is DMC crying about now, who called Ben Carson a traitor?

They called him worse than that. If you weren't so busy creating your tweet repository you'd know.

Winehole23
04-20-2022, 02:03 PM
They called him worse than that. If you weren't so busy creating your tweet repository you'd know.No examples cited, thanks for nothing! :lol

DMC
04-20-2022, 02:43 PM

More pseudo crap instead of getting to it

Then you disagree with CRT that race is just a construct, not a physical reality.

ChumpDumper
04-20-2022, 02:44 PM
Constructs exist.

It's amazing how hard DMC works to be wrong.

He's gonna talk about other men here and the left and not about the bans.

DMC
04-20-2022, 02:44 PM
No examples cited, thanks for nothing! :lol

So if I show the left here calling him the N word and Uncle Ben, would you just say "that's not calling him a traitor"?

Blake
04-20-2022, 03:27 PM
Constructs exist.

It's amazing how hard DMC works to be wrong.

He's gonna talk about other men here and the left and not about the bans.

He has yet to back down from a good Rolodex fight

Blake
04-20-2022, 03:28 PM
They called him worse than that. If you weren't so busy creating your tweet repository you'd know.

Lol "they"

DMC will never back down from a good straw man fight.

DMC
04-20-2022, 04:28 PM
Lol "they"

Notice I wasn't responding to you? Now it's you who has a problem with pronouns.

DMC
04-20-2022, 04:29 PM
He has yet to back down from a good Rolodex fight

You and your +1 are rehashing things already covered. God is a construct, does God exist?

Blake
04-20-2022, 04:36 PM
Notice I wasn't responding to you? Now it's you who has a problem with pronouns.

Notice it's an open group chat? If that's a problem use the private message

Blake
04-20-2022, 04:43 PM
You and your +1 are rehashing things already covered. God is a construct, does God exist?

God is a construct to you. He's a real person to others that say he exists.

spurraider21
04-20-2022, 05:10 PM
something you compulsively worry about

which is much worse

Thanos
04-20-2022, 05:30 PM

Winehole23
04-20-2022, 06:36 PM
So if I show the left here calling him the N word and Uncle Ben, would you just say "that's not calling him a traitor"?not sure calling someone an N-word is the same as calling them a traitor, can you explain?

who all are you talking about?

ChumpDumper
04-20-2022, 06:38 PM
:lol DMC admits he's wrong

Winehole23
04-20-2022, 06:39 PM
did you mean "race traitor"?

Blake
04-20-2022, 06:55 PM
not sure calling someone an N-word is the same as calling them a traitor, can you explain?

who all are you talking about?

You know who he's talking about:

"they".

spurraider21
04-20-2022, 07:02 PM
false

Winehole23
04-20-2022, 08:34 PM
1516795625538560002 "transactions set to public"

Th'Pusher
04-20-2022, 08:52 PM
Seven pages and still not a single example of CRT being used in an actual math textbook.

Ef-man
04-20-2022, 11:06 PM
Lol "they"

“If” and “they” - typical fat handed “explanation.” :lol

DMC
04-20-2022, 11:22 PM
something you compulsively worry about

which is much worse

Says the snarky response for same team likes poster

DMC
04-20-2022, 11:23 PM
false

When you're out of snark all you have is "nuh uh". You're worthless.

DMC
04-20-2022, 11:25 PM
did you mean "race traitor"?

So you need someone to hand hold you on this? Keep regressing until you have no more room on it.

DMC
04-20-2022, 11:26 PM
God is a construct to you. He's a real person to others that say he exists.

Then everything exists if you can fathom it.

Solipsism is the last ditch effort of a losing position.

spurraider21
04-21-2022, 12:10 AM
:lol rage posting

spurraider21
04-21-2022, 12:33 AM
No. You said something that is a social construct does not really exist if it’s not also a physical or biological fact. That’s demonstrably wrong.

ChumpDumper
04-21-2022, 01:15 AM

So you need someone to hand hold you on this? Keep regressing until you have no more room on it.

1/3 the posts of hater's meltdown.

Still a meltdown.

:lol DaMeltdownClown

RandomGuy
04-21-2022, 03:35 AM

Why do you hate math ?

RandomGuy
04-21-2022, 03:37 AM

Blake
04-21-2022, 07:33 AM

This isn't psychology class. The signs for "coloreds only" existed for real less than a century ago.

RandomGuy
04-21-2022, 07:59 AM
Well, well, well...

it that they are the only ones? Well, this morning on the front page of the Palm Beach Post it all seemed to fall into place. The company, Accelerated Learning, is a Houston-based text book publishing company. My thoughts immediately went to what is their connection to Ron DeSantis and the Republican Party?
It turns out that up until 2020, the CEO of The Carlyle Group, the global investment group that acquired Accelerated in 2018, was none other than the newly-elected government of Virginia, Glenn Youngkin. He had been with Carlyle for 25 years Since taking office, Youngkin has pushed legislation that mimics Florida's almost to the letter.
Meaning, the company that he was affiliated with until running for government, would benefit from legislation he's pushing through. How many other Republican states are going to do the same thing, only get their textbooks from this one company?
Here's hoping that some industrious report does a really deep dive into the connection between DeSantis and this company to see how much they have contributed to his re-election campaign and to Youngkin's campaign.
Like I said, I have never subscribed to conspiracy theories and I know this sounds like one, but I truly believe this warrants an investigation.

That makes things a lot easier.
[points while jumping up and down] "hey look, its CRT, BOOGA BOOGA BOOGA"
[slides wad of cash in pocket while everybody is distracted]

Worth looking into. Follow the money.

DMC
04-21-2022, 12:23 PM
No. You said something that is a social construct does not really exist if it’s not also a physical or biological fact. That’s demonstrably wrong.

just a more wordy "nuh uh". You're making a claim without offering anything else other than "nuh uh".

DMC
04-21-2022, 12:23 PM
This isn't psychology class. The signs for "coloreds only" existed for real less than a century ago.

The sign "Jesus Saves" existed too. You're still atheist.

DMC
04-21-2022, 12:24 PM
:lol rage posting

Still no substance, none.

RandomGuy
04-21-2022, 12:31 PM
Still no substance, none.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHA

The irony from the one poster who seems most committed to never having anything of substance to provide.

In your defense you did try here:

That a country like Ukraine doesn't stand a snowball's chance in hell of defeating Russia. Russia is on par with China and the US in military might. If Russia negotiates it will be because Putin got what he wanted. Sure he wanted it faster, so did GWB when he gave the famous battle won speech from that carrier, but it wasn't over even 20 years later. So if you're willing to call it a win when your entire country is flattened, because you captured a few tanks and trucks, well, you're not really interested in facts. If the US was invaded, the US would turn the tables like we did in Japan after Pearl Harbor, we wouldn't beg for help just because we paid someone's son absurd amounts to bang out 8balls and whores.

Not sure what you think a loss is, if that's a win.

And for sure chirpy will chirp in 3..2..

ChumpDumper
04-21-2022, 12:33 PM
The sign "Jesus Saves" existed too. You're still atheist.Religion exists.

Why do you insist on being so wrong?

DMC
04-21-2022, 12:37 PM
Why do you hate math ?

..Last edited by RandomGuy; 8 Hours Ago at 02:40 AM. Reason: nm. misread.

And again, he prematurely pops off :lol

DMC
04-21-2022, 12:39 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHA

The irony from the one poster who seems most committed to never having anything of substance to provide.

In your defense you did try here:

They aren't defeating Russia. Cherry picking events doesn't equate to winning. I know you want them to win and they have your undying avatar support, but there's a reason Ukraine isn't listed at the top of military powers. It's not a slight against them, they just lack the numbers to withstand attrition and are begging constantly for help.

spurraider21
04-21-2022, 12:56 PM
just a more wordy "nuh uh". You're making a claim without offering anything else other than "nuh uh".
do sports exist? does religion exist? do laws exist?

of course they do. something being socially constructed does not mean it does not "really exist" whatever that means. maybe you meant naturally occurring, fuck if i know.

RandomGuy
04-21-2022, 01:09 PM
They aren't defeating Russia. Cherry picking events doesn't equate to winning. I know you want them to win and they have your undying avatar support, but there's a reason Ukraine isn't listed at the top of military powers. It's not a slight against them, they just lack the numbers to withstand attrition and are begging constantly for help.

:lol "RUS will win a war of attrition, because WW2"

Fucking amateurs always think about the last war, like nothing ever changes. smh.

UKR is killing Russian soldiers eight times faster than they are losing them.

Russia's population is only four times larger, and they can't institute a widespread draft without massive unrest.

Since math probably isn't your strongpoint any more than military affairs, let me do some math for you:

8/4= 2

Russia is, relatively, losing troops TWICE as fast as UKR.

Let me put that in small words for you.

RUSSIA IS LOSING THE WAR OF ATTRITION.

Especially when you factor in that RUS can't fully mobilize, even if they wanted to.

UKR now has MORE regular troops than RUS in country. Think about that as long as you need.

DMC
04-21-2022, 01:24 PM
do sports exist? does religion exist? do laws exist?

of course they do. something being socially constructed does not mean it does not "really exist" whatever that means. maybe you meant naturally occurring, fuck if i know.

If race isn't naturally occurring, how does it exist? As a concept? Sure, concepts exist, just as the concept of God exists but that doesn't get you closer to proving God exists.

DMC
04-21-2022, 01:25 PM
:lol "RUS will win a war of attrition, because WW2"

Fucking amateurs always think about the last war, like nothing ever changes. smh.

UKR is killing Russian soldiers eight times faster than they are losing them.

Russia's population is only four times larger, and they can't institute a widespread draft without massive unrest.

Since math probably isn't your strongpoint any more than military affairs, let me do some math for you:

8/4= 2

Russia is, relatively, losing troops TWICE as fast as UKR.

Let me put that in small words for you.

RUSSIA IS LOSING THE WAR OF ATTRITION.

Especially when you factor in that RUS can't fully mobilize, even if they wanted to.

UKR now has MORE regular troops than RUS in country. Think about that as long as you need.

You don't have reliable data to make these assumptions. You're getting all your information from one side. Everything else you said is just your way of trying to impress the two people who might read your post.

:lol more troops in country.. OK, Russia is an invading force. I'd expect UKR to have more troops in country but they have zero buffer unlike Russia.

pgardn
04-21-2022, 01:33 PM

This is so fckn trivial and juvenile it’s comical.
From an old OCD man who cannot understand words change meanings even depending on which subjects they are used for.
Cars don’t evolve in the scientific use of the word but it’s used quite frequently.

You are failing at a stupid trivial position you choose to die with.

Ef-man
04-21-2022, 01:35 PM
Fat hands' desperate meltdown to save his legacy and prove he is an "expert" on things he knows nothing about! :lol

spurraider21
04-21-2022, 02:15 PM
If race isn't naturally occurring, how does it exist? As a concept? Sure, concepts exist, just as the concept of God exists but that doesn't get you closer to proving God exists.
literally every category we have is a concept that we have socially constructed. even something like sex, which you can demonstrate biologically. there were no golden tablets that declared male/female sex categories. we decided to categorize people that way.

we do the same with a lot of things, including race.

i could invent terms for people with short ears and long ears, and declare that all people are either small or big eared. i could even go so far as to say that my categorizations are "biological facts" since i can actually measure your ears and determine which ear group you belong to.

Winehole23
04-21-2022, 02:23 PM
cui bono?

Blake
04-21-2022, 03:29 PM
The sign "Jesus Saves" existed too. You're still atheist.

Yeah I had a choice to accept Jesus or not. "Coloreds" didn't have a choice which fountain drink to drink from.

What is wrong with your comprehension skills? This isn't tough.

DMC
04-21-2022, 03:50 PM
cui bono?

Sucks you have to make a decent book yourself.

DMC
04-21-2022, 03:52 PM
Yeah I had a choice to accept Jesus or not. "Coloreds" didn't have a choice which fountain drink to drink from.

What is wrong with your comprehension skills? This isn't tough.

Entirely different argument. Has nothing to do with whether or not race is a real thing. Color of skin is real, class distinction because of it is a social construct.

I am not saying race isn't real. I'm saying CRT says race is merely a social construct. You keep disagreeing with them.

DMC
04-21-2022, 03:53 PM
literally every category we have is a concept that we have socially constructed. even something like sex, which you can demonstrate biologically. there were no golden tablets that declared male/female sex categories. we decided to categorize people that way.

we do the same with a lot of things, including race.

i could invent terms for people with short ears and long ears, and declare that all people are either small or big eared. i could even go so far as to say that my categorizations are "biological facts" since i can actually measure your ears and determine which ear group you belong to.

solipsist bullshit

sol·ip·sism
/ˈsäləpˌsizəm/
Learn to pronounce
noun
the view or theory that the self is all that can be known to exist.

You're saying the name for biological differences is a social construct. What you're saying is the social construct exists, but you're not saying the biological differences don't exist. CRT is saying they do not exist, that race isn't a biological or physical reality, that it's merely a social construct.

spurraider21
04-21-2022, 04:11 PM
solipsist bullshit

sol·ip·sism
/ˈsäləpˌsizəm/
Learn to pronounce
noun
the view or theory that the self is all that can be known to exist.

You're saying the name for biological differences is a social construct. What you're saying is the social construct exists, but you're not saying the biological differences don't exist. CRT is saying they do not exist, that race isn't a biological or physical reality, that it's merely a social construct.
i dont subscribe to solipsism. its a braindead school of thought if you could even call it that

saying that all categories are social constructs is not solipsism.

of course race is a social construct. our definitions of who qualifies at what race has always evolved. eastern europeans were not considered white for a time. now they are. i dont think CRT advocates claim that melanin does not exist, or that skin color is not a biological feature. rather, the classification of people into "races" is not rooted in any hard biology.

DMC
04-21-2022, 04:13 PM
i dont subscribe to solipsism. its a braindead school of thought if you could even call it that

saying that all categories are social constructs is not solipsism.

of course race is a social construct. our definitions of who qualifies at what race has always evolved. eastern europeans were not considered white for a time. now they are. i dont think CRT advocates claim that melanin does not exist, or that skin color is not a biological feature. rather, the classification of people into "races" is not rooted in any hard biology.

Moving the goalpost from biological realities to the names of biological realities is akin to solipsism.

What is hard biology? Another social construct?

spurraider21
04-21-2022, 04:19 PM
Moving the goalpost from biological realities to the names of biological realities is akin to solipsism.

What is hard biology? Another social construct?

yup sounds good to me :tu

looks just like what i said :lol

is part of their premise that skin colors do not exist or that melanin does not affect skin colors?

DMC
04-21-2022, 04:25 PM
yup sounds good to me :tu

looks just like what i said :lol

is part of their premise that skin colors do not exist or that melanin does not affect skin colors?

"i dont think CRT advocates claim that melanin does not exist, or that skin color is not a biological feature. rather, the classification of people into "races" is not rooted in any hard biology." -SR21

"the premise that race is not a natural, biologically grounded feature of physically distinct subgroups of human beings but a socially constructed (culturally invented) category "-CRT

So the components of racial identification exist, but race itself is a word to describe the collection of those components therefore the word itself exists.. but somehow the components that word describes, they don't? :lol

spurraider21
04-21-2022, 04:27 PM
"i dont think CRT advocates claim that melanin does not exist, or that skin color is not a biological feature. rather, the classification of people into "races" is not rooted in any hard biology." -SR21

"the premise that race is not a natural, biologically grounded feature of physically distinct subgroups of human beings but a socially constructed (culturally invented) category "-CRT

So the components of racial identification exist, but race itself is a word to describe the collection of those components therefore the word itself exists.. but somehow the components that word describes, they don't? :lol
classifying people by skin colors is just as arbitrary as classifying them by earlobe length. theres no good reason to do either. thats their entire point

particularly evident when over the course of time we've changed what people count as white, etc

DMC
04-21-2022, 04:31 PM
classifying people by skin colors is just as arbitrary as classifying them by earlobe length. theres no good reason to do either. thats their entire point

particularly evident when over the course of time we've changed what people count as white, etc

When an unidentified body arrives in the laboratory of Allysha Winburn, a forensic anthropologist at the University of West Florida, it’s her job to study the bones to help figure out who the person was when they were alive—to give the biological remains a social identity. “We have this vast population of possible missing persons the [remains] could match, and we need to narrow down that universe,” she says.

She measures the length of the limb bones to estimate height and examines the bones’ development to estimate age at death. She studies the shape of the pelvis for clues to the person’s likely sex. And, until recently, Winburn measured features of the skull, such as its overall length and the width of the nasal opening, to do what forensic anthropologists call ancestry estimation. By statistically comparing the measurements with those from skulls with known identities, she could predict the continental ancestry—and the commonly used racial categories that may correspond to it—that a person likely identified as when alive. In other words, she could predict whether they identified as Black, white, Hispanic, Asian, or Native American.

https://www.science.org/content/article/forensic-anthropologists-can-try-identify-person-s-race-skull-should-they

Someone needs to tell forensic scientists that race is a social construct, their measurements have no basis in hard biology.

It doesn't matter what you count as either race. The race itself is determined by biological factors. Otherwise Justin Bieber would be black.

Thread
04-21-2022, 04:32 PM

You're full a shit, too.

DMC
04-21-2022, 04:38 PM
Philo is saying a tree isn't a tree other than in name. There's no biological differences between plants, so no such thing as a tree biologically, only the name "tree" to divide subtle, non-hard biological aspects of subgroups.

spurraider21
04-21-2022, 04:44 PM
Philo is saying a tree isn't a tree other than in name. There's no biological differences between plants, so no such thing as a tree biologically, only the name "tree" to divide subtle, non-hard biological aspects of subgroups.
amazing straw man

and straw is also a plant

DMC
04-21-2022, 04:47 PM
amazing straw man

and straw is also a plant

Straw is an agricultural construct. It's not really straw, that's just a name for a cluster of cells. Even cell is a name for a membrane containing protoplasm. Even those things... solipsism solipsism etc.. Nothing is real but me. Nothing.

spurraider21
04-21-2022, 04:48 PM
even the category of sex is a social construct. deciding to categorize people as male or female. that one actually has some utility, though, unlike categorizing people by ear lobe size.

of course, dmc will strawman this and say "philo is literally saying that penises and vaginas are the same thing and that there is no difference between males and females"

the difference is we can actually have fairly objective criterion for deciding which group a person belongs in when it comes to sex. now sex does lie on something of a spectrum though it tends to be bimodal (there are people with kleinfelter, turner syndromes, for example), but we typically can place people in one sex or the other. race gets ambiguous. what exact melanin content do you need to be called black/white? what if you are 5/16th black? is it the single drop rule? is there any actual meaningful utility out of categorizing people as black, white, or something else?

the strawman of this is "philo says melanin and skin color doesnt actually exist"

spurraider21
04-21-2022, 04:49 PM
Straw is an agricultural construct. It's not really straw, that's just a name for a cluster of cells. Even cell is a name for a membrane containing protoplasm. Even those things... solipsism solipsism etc.. Nothing is real but me. Nothing.
more straw

spurraider21
04-21-2022, 04:52 PM
is there some natural law or proclamation that mandated that we categorize some living things as plants? no, not really. but it serves utility, so we have generally called living eukaryotes capable of photosynthesis as plants. seems to service its purpose quite well, and straw comes from things that we call plants.

the strawman version of this is that plants do not exist

spurraider21
04-21-2022, 04:56 PM
literally nobody contends that different people have varying levels of melanin or that those levels are hereditary. but we dont actually go about calling people one race or another after some diligent screening of melanin levels. and the argument is that there is inherently very little, if any, utility, at using "race" as a category within which to divide humans.

Blake
04-21-2022, 05:04 PM
Lol the DMC rodeo

Blake
04-21-2022, 05:11 PM
Entirely different argument. Has nothing to do with whether or not race is a real thing. Color of skin is real, class distinction because of it is a social construct.

I am not saying race isn't real. I'm saying CRT says race is merely a social construct. You keep disagreeing with them.

Who cares if it's a social construct or not? Only you.

Here's the second tenet from the source that YOU posted:

"....
critical race theory
Basic tenets of critical race theory
According to the legal scholars Richard Delgado (one of the founders of CRT) and Jean Stefancic there are several general propositions regarding race and racism that many critical race theorists would accept, despite the considerable variation of belief among members of the movement. These propositions constitute a set of “basic tenets” of CRT.

Second, racism in the United States is normal, not aberrational: it is the ordinary experience of most people of colour. Although extreme racist attitudes and beliefs are less common among whites than they were before the mid-20th century, and explicitly racist laws and legal practices—epitomized by the Jim Crow laws that enforced racial segregation and denied basic civil rights to African Americans in the South—have been largely eliminated, most people of colour continue to be routinely discriminated against or otherwise unfairly treated in both public and private spheres, as demonstrated by numerous social indicators. African Americans and Hispanic Americans (Latinxs), for example, are on average more likely than similarly qualified white persons to be denied loans or jobs; they tend to pay more than whites for a broad range of products and services (e.g., automobiles); they are more likely than whites to be unjustly suspected of criminal behaviour by police or private (white) citizens; and they are more likely than whites to be victims of police brutality, including the unjustified use of lethal force. If convicted of a crime, people of colour, particularly African Americans, are generally imprisoned more often and for longer periods than whites who are found guilty of the same offenses....."

https://www.britannica.com/topic/critical-race-theory/Basic-tenets-of-critical-race-theory

I agree that it's a real social construct. Now what.

Thanos
04-21-2022, 05:37 PM
https://i.ibb.co/dpGPJRQ/05-DF388-E-A86-F-4-B39-8-BDB-2613-A2-E11-E32.jpg

ChumpDumper
04-21-2022, 06:24 PM

Afghanistan.

Vietnam.

Your armed forces lost there.

ChumpDumper
04-21-2022, 06:26 PM
:lol DMC's existential meltdown

GAustex
04-21-2022, 09:51 PM
Example of textbook passages have been released/provided.
Pretty obvious to any reasonable critic or advocate of an agenda.

Th'Pusher
04-21-2022, 10:47 PM
Example of textbook passages have been released/provided.
Pretty obvious to any reasonable critic or advocate of an agenda.

Link?

GAustex
04-21-2022, 10:53 PM
Link?
Should not be hard for you to find.
Google big dick Ron dick slaps CRT math books.

Th'Pusher
04-21-2022, 10:54 PM
:lol

Th'Pusher
04-21-2022, 10:56 PM
Drunk DarrinS is convinced these text books exist.

Blake
04-21-2022, 11:17 PM
Google big dick Ron dick slaps CRT math books.

Shouldn't be that hard for you to link

GAustex
04-21-2022, 11:23 PM
Shouldn't be that hard for you to link
"Florida CRT math textbook excerpt examples"

Winehole23
04-22-2022, 07:44 AM

Sucks you have to make a decent book yourself.Where's the CRT in the books DeSantis banned? Why is he hiding the ball if it's so clear cut? In poker you have to show your cards, but in politics bald assertion seems to be good enough for you if it flatters your priors.

DMC
04-22-2022, 09:26 AM
is there some natural law or proclamation that mandated that we categorize some living things as plants? no, not really. but it serves utility, so we have generally called living eukaryotes capable of photosynthesis as plants. seems to service its purpose quite well, and straw comes from things that we call plants.

the strawman version of this is that plants do not exist

There's no natural law that mandated anything being called eukaryotes or photosynthesis. These are just names given to items with clusters of similar characteristics, and the name given to specific processes. If you want to consider that naming to be a social construct, I don't have any issues with that. The problem is that CRT considers those similar characteristic clusters to be non existent as well. It goes to solipsism, and you went to solipsism and have been trying to fight your way back since. It's amazing what someone will do to avoid admitting they were wrong.

DMC
04-22-2022, 09:27 AM
Where's the CRT in the books DeSantis banned? Why is he hiding the ball if it's so clear cut? In poker you have to show your cards, but in politics bald assertion seems to be good enough for you if it flatters your priors.

Bend over, I'll fuckin' show you a bald insertion to flatten your priors

DMC
04-22-2022, 09:30 AM
Lol the DMC rodeo

Who cares if it's a social construct or not? Only you.

Here's the second tenet from the source that YOU posted:

"....
critical race theory
Basic tenets of critical race theory
According to the legal scholars Richard Delgado (one of the founders of CRT) and Jean Stefancic there are several general propositions regarding race and racism that many critical race theorists would accept, despite the considerable variation of belief among members of the movement. These propositions constitute a set of “basic tenets” of CRT.

Second, racism in the United States is normal, not aberrational: it is the ordinary experience of most people of colour. Although extreme racist attitudes and beliefs are less common among whites than they were before the mid-20th century, and explicitly racist laws and legal practices—epitomized by the Jim Crow laws that enforced racial segregation and denied basic civil rights to African Americans in the South—have been largely eliminated, most people of colour continue to be routinely discriminated against or otherwise unfairly treated in both public and private spheres, as demonstrated by numerous social indicators. African Americans and Hispanic Americans (Latinxs), for example, are on average more likely than similarly qualified white persons to be denied loans or jobs; they tend to pay more than whites for a broad range of products and services (e.g., automobiles); they are more likely than whites to be unjustly suspected of criminal behaviour by police or private (white) citizens; and they are more likely than whites to be victims of police brutality, including the unjustified use of lethal force. If convicted of a crime, people of colour, particularly African Americans, are generally imprisoned more often and for longer periods than whites who are found guilty of the same offenses....."

https://www.britannica.com/topic/critical-race-theory/Basic-tenets-of-critical-race-theory

I agree that it's a real social construct. Now what.

:lol "DMC rodeo" then posts paragraphs in response

:lol idiot

DMC
04-22-2022, 09:32 AM
https://www.law.ua.edu/directory/img/Delgado-Richard.jpg https://www.law.ua.edu/directory/img/Stefancic-Jean.jpg

These two wouldn't walk through the ghetto if you paid them but they know the black experience :lol

Winehole23
04-22-2022, 09:33 AM
Bend over, I'll fuckin' show you a bald insertion to flatten your priorsMore gay fantasies, zero germane examples of what y'all are griping about in the banned math books.

DMC
04-22-2022, 09:47 AM
literally nobody contends that different people have varying levels of melanin or that those levels are hereditary. but we dont actually go about calling people one race or another after some diligent screening of melanin levels. and the argument is that there is inherently very little, if any, utility, at using "race" as a category within which to divide humans.

Not sure you're using "contends" correctly here.

DMC
04-22-2022, 09:48 AM
More gay fantasies, zero germane examples of what y'all are griping about in the banned math books.

Gay is a sexual preference. When you bend over, it won't be about sex. It will be about power and control.

But show an example of me griping about the text books. Go ahead.

RandomGuy
04-22-2022, 09:48 AM
More gay fantasies, zero germane examples of what y'all are griping about in the banned math books.

Looks like their beef is with empathy. SET

https://news.yahoo.com/florida-releases-examples-banned-math-120856056.html

That and the very thought that racism exists.

Seems like saying racism exists is not politically correct.

who benefits most from saying racism doesn't exist? hmmmmmm

DMC
04-22-2022, 09:52 AM
https://media.nbcmiami.com/2022/04/042122-Florida-rejected-math-textbook-example-2.jpg

DMC
04-22-2022, 09:53 AM
:lol "it's just numbers.. lol banning numbers" -Blake

Winehole23
04-22-2022, 10:29 AM
But show an example of me griping about the text books. Go ahead.I said y'all, not you. For someone so hung up on semantics you sure are dense.

Winehole23
04-22-2022, 10:37 AM
https://media.nbcmiami.com/2022/04/042122-Florida-rejected-math-textbook-example-2.jpgso you did take sides and you are griping.

hope nobody got whiplash, you were playing coy a couple of posts back.

Btw, can you link us to your source for that? What's the book?

CosmicCowboy
04-22-2022, 11:06 AM
https://www.fldoe.org/academics/standards/instructional-materials/?utm_source=FreePressFail

Trill Clinton
04-22-2022, 11:17 AM
https://www.fldoe.org/academics/standards/instructional-materials/?utm_source=FreePressFail

This is what has all the snowflakes melting? smh

Blake
04-22-2022, 11:28 AM
:lol "DMC rodeo" then posts paragraphs in response

:lol idiot

I decided to put my two quarters in the machine and take a spin for shit/giggles. You gonna respond or cower away under the guise of "me lol u"

Blake
04-22-2022, 11:30 AM
https://www.law.ua.edu/directory/img/Delgado-Richard.jpg https://www.law.ua.edu/directory/img/Stefancic-Jean.jpg

These two wouldn't walk through the ghetto if you paid them but they know the black experience :lol

Have you walked through the ghetto?

pgardn
04-22-2022, 11:37 AM
https://media.nbcmiami.com/2022/04/042122-Florida-rejected-math-textbook-example-2.jpg

They should have just stuck with bias.
And of course almost everyone is going to show some sort of bias, especially if the questions are designed to show it. The real problem with these sorts of tests are the questions.

The point is really we all show different types of biases, especially based on the type of people we grow up around and are considered "normal" to us. I mean a kid who has never seen a black or white person will immediately notice a different in pigmentation, facial features, hair texture, if it is well outside their experience and they will let you know it. Its what happens after this that is important. How do you react to people after being exposed to differences you have never seen before.

Your example on two old white people who study these types of things walking into a black ghetto is ridiculous. I could drive two black people right now to places in South Texas where the same sort of reactions would occur. And they are going to get more violent with the type of poverty the people in those places live in. Its just ridiculous to refuse to admit that cultural and physical differences between two groups of people do not illicit hateful reactions on some occasions. And of course blacks get the most of it simply because there are more white people to see a possible concern and history in this country. This does not only happen in the US. Communities that are separated and show a good deal of difference in experience and ability to navigate in that country both socially and economically are more likely to have "race" problems. And it goes with all skin colors and cultures. Its drastic between Indians and Blacks in Trinidad and Tobago and Cambridge Analytica used it as a testing ground in elections.

What exactly is the surprise here for you?

spurraider21
04-22-2022, 11:55 AM
There's no natural law that mandated anything being called eukaryotes or photosynthesis. These are just names given to items with clusters of similar characteristics, and the name given to specific processes. If you want to consider that naming to be a social construct, I don't have any issues with that. The problem is that CRT considers those similar characteristic clusters to be non existent as well.
nope. does CRT claim that skin colors do not exist?

It goes to solipsism, and you went to solipsism and have been trying to fight your way back since. It's amazing what someone will do to avoid admitting they were wrong.
no it doesnt. i never went the solipsism. you're the one who keeps bringing it up. claiming things are social constructs doesnt mean that nothing can be known. you can keep trying to shoehorn this as many times as you want, its not going to work