PDA

View Full Version : Professor awarded $400,000 after being disciplined over wrong pronouns

MultiTroll
04-19-2022, 01:35 PM
Professor awarded $400,000 after being disciplined over wrong pronouns (msn.com) (https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/professor%20awarded%20$400,000%20after%20being%20d isciplined%20over%20wrong%20pronouns/ar-AAWmWrN?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=631a4ec059a145eea7a8b704b864e57e)

Finally some non pc doesn't have to be forced into some fruity crap.
In fairness to the tranny, the teacher did offer to use the persons name, and that offer was rejected. Instead he was attempted to be forced into using the pronoun He for the biologically born female.

Thus he won the settlement.

Thread
04-19-2022, 01:55 PM
It ain't like that money is coming out of anybody's pocket.

MultiTroll
04-19-2022, 02:12 PM
It ain't like that money is coming out of anybody's pocket.
Sure as shootin is.
In fact it is given as the sole determining factor as to why the school settled rather then drag on in court. *Hee hee "drag on"

In a statement, Shawnee State University said after four years of litigation, it "made an economic decision to settle the Meriwether case."

Thread
04-19-2022, 02:18 PM
Sure as shootin is.
In fact it is given as the sole determining factor as to why the school settled rather then drag on in court. *Hee hee "drag on"

In a statement, Shawnee State University said after four years of litigation, it "made an economic decision to settle the Meriwether case."

And the insurance carrier cut the check.

MultiTroll
04-19-2022, 07:03 PM
And the insurance carrier cut the check.
Which gets passed on to consumers who pay the ins companies premiums.

Along the way John Sixpack and wife Susie pay.

ElNono
04-20-2022, 02:23 AM
400k isn't that much money, and he probably won't be able to teach again... not sure this is the slam dunk win OP thinks it is...

MultiTroll
04-20-2022, 09:06 AM
400k isn't that much money, and he probably won't be able to teach again... not sure this is the slam dunk win OP thinks it is...
Not a slam dunk at 400K, rather a win for the non pc crowd is my main point.

Plenty of schools that will still hire him.

Btw incidentally Trump University still in existence? Or did Joe send that to the woodshed too?

ElNono
04-20-2022, 11:23 AM
Not a slam dunk at 400K, rather a win for the non pc crowd is my main point.

Plenty of schools that will still hire him.

Btw incidentally Trump University still in existence? Or did Joe send that to the woodshed too?

Plenty of schools in shitholes like Oklahoma, Texas, Mississippi...

I thought Trump U was disbanded even before Old Joe...

Spurminator
04-20-2022, 11:31 AM
Meriwether responded to the student during classes by saying, "Yes, sir." The student asked him after class to use she/her pronouns when addressing her, but Meriwether said no. The student filed a complaint and the university launched an investigation, according to a press release from the alliance.

I don't expect everyone to be able to navigate the confusing new pronoun world or get it right every time, but seems like she made a reasonable request and he wanted to continue being a dick.

Like, if she got married and changed her last name, I assume this professor would have had no problem accommodating that.

DMC
04-20-2022, 01:22 PM
I don't expect everyone to be able to navigate the confusing new pronoun world or get it right every time, but seems like she made a reasonable request and he wanted to continue being a dick.

Like, if she got married and changed her last name, I assume this professor would have had no problem accommodating that.

The courts disagree. Cry harder

Trainwreck2100
04-20-2022, 01:32 PM

He's gotta be tenured cause he's still there

I think that calling a guy "Sarah" or "Karen" is more then enough of a compromise

Spurminator
04-20-2022, 01:44 PM
The courts disagree. Cry harder

The court* disagreed with the disciplinary action, not that he was being a dick. But good comeback!

Spurminator
04-20-2022, 01:45 PM
I think that calling a guy "Sarah" or "Karen" is more then enough of a compromise

What's the difference?

MultiTroll
04-20-2022, 01:50 PM

The teacher having to move may or may not suck.
But there are still some nice hoods that are not radically pro tranny.
Look at all the Trumptards in Orange County, and that place has some nice hoods.
I stayed in Alisa Viejo on a work project years ago. Very nice hood. San Clemente beach area also. Very nice pussy in both places.

Wonder what Republican Bruce Jender thinks of this? I mean the teacher refusing to use the pronoun then getting a settlement, not the pussy in OC. Altho Brucette may well have a comment on that too. sHes been able to buy a couple girlfriends.

Trainwreck2100
04-20-2022, 02:03 PM
What's the difference?

exactly, "rather than call you she I'll call you Sarah"

Trainwreck2100
04-20-2022, 02:04 PM
Look at all the Trumptards in Orange County, and that place has some nice hoods.
I stayed in Alisa Viejo on a work project years ago. Very nice hood. San Clemente beach area also. Very nice pussy in both places.

Wonder what Republican Bruce Jender thinks of this? I mean the teacher refusing to use the pronoun then getting a settlement, not the pussy in OC. Altho Brucette may well have a comment on that too. sHes been able to buy a couple girlfriends.

he wasn't fired though why would he have to move

MultiTroll
04-20-2022, 02:16 PM
he wasn't fired though why would he have to move
ElNono mislead me with these:

So it's all good. Teacher got his job back, he can call the person Edna or Ray or whatever tranny name has been adopted and prefers to be called by.
I see harmony here.

Spurminator
04-20-2022, 02:20 PM
exactly, "rather than call you she I'll call you Sarah"

Did he continue calling Sarah "sir" and "he" after she asked him not to?

DMC
04-20-2022, 02:41 PM
The court* disagreed with the disciplinary action, not that he was being a dick. But good comeback!

If he was being a dick then the disciplinary action would have fit. Just take the L and move on.

Ef-man
04-20-2022, 03:41 PM

After the attorneys take their 33% and uncle sam takes 25%, he should take in about $200k out of $400k. Not bad but not great either.

Spurminator
04-20-2022, 03:43 PM
If he was being a dick then the disciplinary action would have fit. Just take the L and move on.

"Being a dick" is subjective, and protected under the 1A, which is what the court ruled on. This is basic stuff.

koriwhat
04-20-2022, 03:53 PM

STFU loser

DMC
04-20-2022, 04:25 PM
"Being a dick" is subjective, and protected under the 1A, which is what the court ruled on. This is basic stuff.

You're the one saying he was being a dick. If it's subjective, then me saying he wasn't being a dick is just as accurate as you saying he was. Since you weren't there, you probably just assume Christian = asshole.

ElNono
04-21-2022, 02:07 AM
He's gotta be tenured cause he's still there

oh wow, you would think he would get the pink slip as part of the settlement...

ElNono
04-21-2022, 02:10 AM

The only reason I would want a house in OC is to sell it. Not saying it's not a pretty place, you just couldn't pay me enough to live next to a bunch of morons.

Spurminator
04-21-2022, 09:47 AM
You're the one saying he was being a dick. If it's subjective, then me saying he wasn't being a dick is just as accurate as you saying he was.

I agree. But you said the *court* ruled he wasn't a dick. That's incorrect. Keep up.

Since you weren't there, you probably just assume Christian = asshole.

Why would I do that? His actions are described in the article, I don't have to infer his personality by his religious identity. Does it even say he's a Christian? Most of the Christians I know would have accommodated her request.

MultiTroll
04-21-2022, 10:30 AM
The only reason I would want a house in OC is to sell it. Not saying it's not a pretty place, you just couldn't pay me enough to live next to a bunch of morons.
Poll.
Live next to Radical Tranny
Live next to Radical MAGA

DMC
04-21-2022, 12:12 PM
I agree. But you said the *court* ruled he wasn't a dick. That's incorrect. Keep up.

You allow her to have beliefs (that she should be called by a chosen pronoun) but don't allow him to have core beliefs (religious and philosophical beliefs regarding addressing people as their preferred pronoun instead of how they were born). She's not a dick, but he is.

Why would I do that? His actions are described in the article, I don't have to infer his personality by his religious identity. Does it even say he's a Christian? Most of the Christians I know would have accommodated her request.

Shawnee
RELI 2230 - History of Christian Thought
A survey of major theological traditions and controversies within historic Christianity, beginning with the origins of Christianity, the early church fathers and the major creedal formulations, and continuing through the Middle Ages, the Reformation, and the rise of modern theological approaches.

Credits: 3

Lecture hours: 3
General Education Program Course GEP

Nicholas Meriwether taught philosophy, religion, ethics, and the 'History of Christian Thought' (Alliance Defending Freedom)

DMC
04-21-2022, 12:13 PM
Poll.
Live next to Radical Tranny
Live next to Radical MAGA

Live next to pedophile

Spurminator
04-21-2022, 12:48 PM
You allow her to have beliefs (that she should be called by a chosen pronoun) but don't allow him to have core beliefs (religious and philosophical beliefs regarding addressing people as their preferred pronoun instead of how they were born). She's not a dick, but he is.

That's right. I do not believe that his beliefs excuse his refusal to call someone "sir" in front of a class when they have asked not to be called "sir." Continuing to do so makes him a dick.

This would not be the first time in history that two people with opposing beliefs clash and that one of them is a dick.

Shawnee
RELI 2230 - History of Christian Thought
A survey of major theological traditions and controversies within historic Christianity, beginning with the origins of Christianity, the early church fathers and the major creedal formulations, and continuing through the Middle Ages, the Reformation, and the rise of modern theological approaches.

Credits: 3

Lecture hours: 3
General Education Program Course GEP

Nicholas Meriwether taught philosophy, religion, ethics, and the 'History of Christian Thought' (Alliance Defending Freedom)

:lol So your theory is that I researched this guy's academic history and religion before coming to the conclusion that he's being a dick by refusing to not call someone "sir."

You're putting a lot of work into this but it doesn't make you less wrong about the court ruling that he's not a dick. I'll await your next strawman.

DMC
04-21-2022, 01:13 PM
That's right. I do not believe that his beliefs excuse his refusal to call someone "sir" in front of a class when they have asked not to be called "sir." Continuing to do so makes him a dick.

This would not be the first time in history that two people with opposing beliefs clash and that one of them is a dick.

:lol So your theory is that I researched this guy's academic history and religion before coming to the conclusion that he's being a dick by refusing to not call someone "sir."

You're putting a lot of work into this but it doesn't make you less wrong about the court ruling that he's not a dick. I'll await your next strawman.

:lol The "too much effort" defense. It's so much better to keep responding without any facts.

Two people with beliefs. One has a religious belief and the other has a self identity belief. The 1st did not ask the 2nd to change anything, but the 2nd demanded that the 1st ignore their belief and appease the beliefs of the 2nd.

It's clear what the court was saying. Since you called it subjective you really don't have much of an argument here.

Spurminator
04-21-2022, 04:02 PM
:lol The "too much effort" defense. It's so much better to keep responding without any facts.

You brought up his Christianity, not me. His religion has never been relevant to anything I've said in this thread. Why would I do that kind of legwork?

Two people with beliefs. One has a religious belief and the other has a self identity belief. The 1st did not ask the 2nd to change anything, but the 2nd demanded that the 1st ignore their belief and appease the beliefs of the 2nd.

It's clear what the court was saying. Since you called it subjective you really don't have much of an argument here.

The court said his school violated his First Amendment rights. That's it.

Your argument is that if he was actually being a dick, then the court wouldn't have ruled his 1A rights were violated? In other words, the 1A does not protect the subjective act of being a dick?

I don't even think you're that stupid. Are you?

DMC
04-21-2022, 04:11 PM
You brought up his Christianity, not me. His religion has never been relevant to anything I've said in this thread. Why would I do that kind of legwork?

Only one person was expected to give up their constitutionally protected right. It wasn't the liberal. Why would you care?

The court said his school violated his First Amendment rights. That's it.

Of course, and that right was that he exercise his freedom of religion when dealing with the liberal who demanded he ignore his rights.

Your argument is that if he was actually being a dick, then the court wouldn't have ruled his 1A rights were violated? In other words, the 1A does not protect the subjective act of being a dick?

I'm arguing that the court doesn't think exercising your constitutional rights is akin to being a dick. People who are within their rights to act on their deeply held beliefs aren't being dicks by doing so. You certainly didn't think the tranny was being a dick by confronting the professor about being called "sir".

I don't even think you're that stupid. Are you?
Anyone who disagrees with your subjective, liberal viewpoint is stupid obviously. What a nice pedestal you sit upon.

Spurminator
04-21-2022, 04:40 PM
Only one person was expected to give up their constitutionally protected right. It wasn't the liberal. Why would you care?

Of course, and that right was that he exercise his freedom of religion when dealing with the liberal who demanded he ignore his rights.

People who are within their rights to act on their deeply held beliefs aren't being dicks by doing so. You certainly didn't think the tranny was being a dick by confronting the professor about being called "sir".

This is so melodramatic I don't think you even believe it.

People have been asked every day, for decades, "Don't call me (blank)." Only in the context of this stupid argument would you pretend to believe that's some kind of affront or constitutional violation being requested.

I think it's possible for someone to be a dick while exercising constitutionally protected speech. And so do you, except when you're cosplaying as a moral relativist to keep a dumb argument going.

I'm arguing that the court doesn't think exercising your constitutional rights is akin to being a dick.

Well that's a laughably stupid argument that shows a lack of very basic understanding of the Constitution and how courts work.

Anyone who disagrees with your subjective, liberal viewpoint is stupid obviously. What a nice pedestal you sit upon.

My viewpoint that the First Amendment protects being a dick is not subjective.

Cry some more, bitch. :cry

Trainwreck2100
04-22-2022, 12:22 AM

People have been asked every day, for decades, "Don't call me (blank)." Only in the context of this stupid argument would you pretend to believe that's some kind of affront or constitutional violation being requested.

I think it's possible for someone to be a dick while exercising constitutionally protected speech. And so do you, except when you're cosplaying as a moral relativist to keep a dumb argument going.

The biggest question is why does calling a tranny "Mr." violate Title IX, how does that fall under discrimination, especially when the student passes with an above avg grade. If i called a female "dude" or "bro" have I discriminated against her? Being called a preferred pronoun is that a right, and when not called by that is a codified "discrimination"

DMC
04-22-2022, 10:02 AM

The professor offered to use the Tranny's chosen name, but refused to use a feminine pronoun. That wasn't good enough. Too bad, so sad.

Well that's a laughably stupid argument that shows a lack of very basic understanding of the Constitution and how courts work.

You said being a "dick" is subjective. You want to make it objective to suit your argument. Nuh uh. Tranny and Shawnee lost.

My viewpoint that the First Amendment protects being a dick is not subjective.

It's a useless argument since you cannot objectively define what the 1A actually protects, since "being a dick" is subjective. Is shooting up a theater "being a dick"? Does that get protection under the 1A?

Cry some more, bitch. :cry
:lol emotionally invested