PDA

View Full Version : The Untapped Potential of Marjon Beauchamp

The Truth #6
04-21-2022, 03:51 PM
Could be a solid pick for one of our later FRPs.
Size to play SF. 7' wingspan.
Looks to have solid defensive chops with good foodwork.
Very good athleticism.
Possibly some untapped scoring potential that wasn't utilized on his fancy G League team, but he showed more of when younger.
Shooting percentages are bad but form looks generally ok.
Looks like a gritty player, not afraid of contact, which is always a good thing.
Could see him as solid fit for the second unit with upside for more.

Interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EPAkUNQ8q8

TD 21
04-21-2022, 04:03 PM
An older 2.5, who can't shoot or provide go-to scoring/play making, is exactly what this team doesn't need.

Degoat
04-21-2022, 04:30 PM
An older 2.5, who can't shoot or provide go-to scoring/play making, is exactly what this team doesn't need.

Which is why he’ll be the perfect spurs pick lol jk

Dex
04-21-2022, 05:29 PM
Could be a solid pick for one of our later FRPs.
Size to play SF. 7' wingspan.
Looks to have solid defensive chops with good foodwork.
Very good athleticism.
Possibly some untapped scoring potential that wasn't utilized on his fancy G League team, but he showed more of when younger.
Shooting percentages are bad but form looks generally ok.
Looks like a gritty player, not afraid of contact, which is always a good thing.
Could see him as solid fit for the second unit with upside for more.

Interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EPAkUNQ8q8

Not sure if we really need another 2/3...we need to go all-in on a legit SF or PF, not someone we can hope to fit there. We already have a lot of oblong pegs trying to fit in oval holes.

Nice breakdown video though, I was jamming out to the music

duncan2150
04-21-2022, 05:42 PM
another Seattle guy lol they are a lot nowadays

The Truth #6
04-21-2022, 11:14 PM
Mostly having fun with this but he definitely can play the 3. Also, with a pick in the 20s, they’re going to have worts.

rankingtear
04-22-2022, 04:57 AM
I'm in 20th pick. Over himself Kelly Oubre.

The Truth #6
04-22-2022, 01:08 PM
Just looking at who is 6'6" to 6'9" or so and may be available at around our later FRPs. Out of that list probably wouldn't Beauchamp first, but there are lots of questions with most of these players. But definitely some worth taking a flyer on.

Keldon Brown
EJ Liddell
Patrick Baldwin
Josh Minott
Jaime Jazquez
Bryce McGowens
Nikola Jovic

Ariel
04-22-2022, 01:31 PM
He's a 6'6" SG/SF on a team stacked with players of the like, so I would pass unless you find him falling to the Lakers' 2nd rounder, which will not happen.

Ariel
04-22-2022, 01:33 PM
Keldon Brown
EJ Liddell
Patrick Baldwin
Josh Minott
Jaime Jazquez
Bryce McGowens
Nikola Jovic
Jovic, Baldwin or Keldon Brown (in that order) I would take a flyer on with one of the non lottery 1st rounders.

ZeusWillJudge
04-22-2022, 02:04 PM
There are a few guys who have been linked to the Spurs in the mock drafts for months. Even though the mocks aren't supposed to be taking teams into account, and the team orders kept changing, those guys kept popping up next to the Spurs' name. Beauchamp is one of those guys.

The guy has skills and athleticism. I don't think that's a question. There is a LOT in his background that I see as yellow flags - especially the school-hopping. The fact that he'll be 21 before the season starts, and he's only played a single season in the G-League, and no college, is odd to say the least.

I would really worry that he will be a diva that brings a lot of negatives with his positives. I'm sure the Spurs will check that part out, which is why I don't think they'll draft him.

The Truth #6
04-23-2022, 08:23 AM
There are a few guys who have been linked to the Spurs in the mock drafts for months. Even though the mocks aren't supposed to be taking teams into account, and the team orders kept changing, those guys kept popping up next to the Spurs' name. Beauchamp is one of those guys.

The guy has skills and athleticism. I don't think that's a question. There is a LOT in his background that I see as yellow flags - especially the school-hopping. The fact that he'll be 21 before the season starts, and he's only played a single season in the G-League, and no college, is odd to say the least.

I would really worry that he will be a diva that brings a lot of negatives with his positives. I'm sure the Spurs will check that part out, which is why I don't think they'll draft him.

Valid points. I suppose the question will be if all the school hopping is a character issue or, somehow, suggests other issues that he had to overcome and has gotten over himself et cetera. I tend to think Wright likes athletic players, which is why I got intrigued by him. But I could also see Keldon Brown falling and he would be a better flyer most likely. But hey we'll see.

rankingtear
04-24-2022, 11:31 PM

He has the same frame as Mikal and Matisse , NBA 6'6 7+ wing wide shoulders physical athletic, where is this 2.5 coming from. He is a legit 3.

BatManu20
04-25-2022, 12:16 AM
Been on the Beauchamp train for a few weeks now. Not sure he’ll last to the 20th pick after workouts seeing as he’s a great athlete with a good attitude, but if he’s there then I’m all in on him tbh (Depending on who’s available of course).

The Truth #6
04-25-2022, 10:05 AM
Been on the Beauchamp train for a few weeks now. Not sure he’ll last to the 20th pick after workouts seeing as he’s a great athlete with a good attitude, but if he’s there then I’m all in on him tbh (Depending on who’s available of course).

My mind tells me to take another player over him at 20, but my heart tells me to go for this guy if he falls. He's basically never had coaching until the G League. Before that it was not even finishing HS (I think), got pulled into some weird league I never heard of that dissolved immediately, then he went to a Washington community college and then was the first CC player to make it straight to the G League, from what I read. So his odd path sounds somewhat like Spurs material, albeit at a very compressed rate and very early in his career. Interview will be crucial with him. But I could see him as a backup 3 down the road if things fall in place for him.

TD 21
04-25-2022, 04:01 PM
He has the same frame as Mikal and Matisse , NBA 6'6 7+ wing wide shoulders physical athletic, where is this 2.5 coming from. He is a legit 3.

Bridges is a 3/2 and Thybulle is only more of a 3/4 because he's not a credible 3-point threat. Nonetheless, he can guard 1-4 depending on matchup. Beauchamp will likely do the same.

The Truth #6
04-25-2022, 10:36 PM
Short interview with Marjon: https://youtu.be/TexriZbM1FY

More quiet and reserved than I expected. At 6:03, when asked if there was a target for where he wanted to get drafted, instead of saying something like “first round”, he specifically said he wanted to play in San Antonio. Kinda unexpected. Good to hear. That’s probably where the SA whispers started.

KingKev
04-30-2022, 06:08 PM
Short interview with Marjon: https://youtu.be/TexriZbM1FY

More quiet and reserved than I expected. At 6:03, when asked if there was a target for where he wanted to get drafted, instead of saying something like “first round”, he specifically said he wanted to play in San Antonio. Kinda unexpected. Good to hear. That’s probably where the SA whispers started.

San Antonio is a pretty safe place to get drafted these days. The commitment we’ve shown the last few years in giving hard working guys a prolonged chance must really be getting noticed.

Degoat
04-30-2022, 06:14 PM
I’m in damn it, if he’s available with the 20th pick take him. Since news is bear DJ and Lonnie follow him on Instagram lmao

Degoat
04-30-2022, 06:17 PM
San Antonio is a pretty safe place to get drafted these days. The commitment we’ve shown the last few years in giving hard working guys a prolonged chance must really be getting noticed.

Thats one thing I was think about with the Primo pick last year. Guys that are borderline first round picks are gonna be lining up to workout with the spurs during the draft process because if they like you they’ll grab you. With scheduling too you never know how many prospects might have to skip a work out with a team because of scheduling conflicts they might have. I doubt many will skip a workout with the spurs tbh