PDA

View Full Version : Shaedon Sharpe - 2022 NBA Draft Prospect

timvp
04-28-2022, 02:13 PM
Why the Spurs Won't Pick Shaedon Sharpe (https://www.spurstalk.com/shaedon-sharpe-nba-draft-strengths-weaknesses-san-antonio-spurs/)

So, yeah, that's the conclusion I've come to after talking it over with others who have been closely following Shaedon Sharpe's situation. Personally, I think getting someone as talented as him at 9 would be really exciting ... but, in reality, I just don't think the Spurs pull the trigger.

The Truth #6
04-28-2022, 02:31 PM
Good insights. I think fans see him as a blank canvas to project all their hopes for a flawless player.

BatManu20
04-28-2022, 02:47 PM
Mr. Body (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=397)‘s favorite prospect. Get in here and swoon bud.

exstatic
04-28-2022, 03:05 PM
He sounds like another player who's family and hangers on are WAY too involved. Think: Nephew, Jalen Johnson.

duncan2150
04-28-2022, 03:06 PM
Why the Spurs Won't Pick Shaedon Sharpe (https://www.spurstalk.com/shaedon-sharpe-nba-draft-strengths-weaknesses-san-antonio-spurs/)

So, yeah, that's the conclusion I've come to after talking it over with others who have been closely following Shaedon Sharpe's situation. Personally, I think getting someone as talented as him at 9 would be really exciting ... but, in reality, I just don't think the Spurs pull the trigger.
Do you think the spurs could pull the trigger on Ousmane Dieng ?

Mr. Body
04-28-2022, 03:48 PM
He's not even a can't-miss prospect putting the mystery aside. The fact that Kentucky faced major injuries to TyTy Washington and others and could have really used Sharpe? The fact that he didn't bother playing isn't a good sign. Calipari had quotes about him not being ready - and I think he meant in multiple ways. He wasn't in game shape, he wasn't prepared. But ultimately, to reflect what Timvp says, basketball isn't just jumpshots and dunks. It's about being able to see the game, to learn, to react, to be a professional. Every single one of those things is in question. I'm afraid he is a mix of James Wiseman (in hiding himself from view) and guys like Dante Exum (massively rated prospect who never learned how to play effective basketball). I think about a guy like Gerald Green, too, a previous winner of the "OMG This Guy Can Do EVERYTHING" award, when people just meant run and jump.

Not saying he could be very good. He's just not on my radar because I don't think the Spurs would ever consider this guy.

rascal
04-28-2022, 04:09 PM
Spurs will be fools if they have a chance to draft him and pass up on him.

KingKev
04-28-2022, 04:18 PM
“He is a talented Primo who sometimes gets sent to the principles office” HARD PASS.

- this was stolen from a white board at SSE.

The Truth #6
04-28-2022, 04:45 PM
Real takeaway for me from this article: not about Sharpe per se, but that the Spurs prefer to see players compete in pre-draft competitions. They really need to consider how many talented players they will miss out on if this is actually true. To me, that’s foolish.

KingKev
04-28-2022, 04:47 PM
Real takeaway for me from this article: not about Sharpe per se, but that the Spurs prefer to see players compete in pre-draft competitions. They really need to consider how many talented players they will miss out on if this is actually true. To me, that’s foolish.

Beyond basketball they need to have multiple references regarding character, especially without a face to face or two.

Russ
04-28-2022, 05:24 PM
He's Canadian -- how manty Canadians have been the kind of problem children that would evoke such concerns and comparisons. (Although I suppose there's always a first.)

Does his nationality exempt him from character flaws, probably not but I would look for more in the way of red flags than vague references from the likes of John Calipari.

In short, he looks like a fairly high-end talent and, as noted, only 18 years old. The major negative thus far seems to be the lack of tape, not a bad place to be.

Dex
04-28-2022, 05:31 PM
I saw 6'6" guard and I am already on a hard pass.

Draft a legit forward FFS

We don't need another Murray/Johnson/Walker/Primo....I'm sure I'm forgetting some because we have too many!

Mr. Body
04-28-2022, 05:36 PM
He's Canadian -- how manty Canadians have been the kind of problem children that would evoke such concerns and comparisons. (Although I suppose there's always a first.)

Does his nationality exempt him from character flaws, probably not but I would look for more in the way of red flags than vague references from the likes of John Calipari.

In short, he looks like a fairly high-end talent and, as noted, only 18 years old. The major negative thus far seems to be the lack of tape, not a bad place to be.

Ted Cruz is from Canada, so obviously it's a cesspool.

Russ
04-28-2022, 05:43 PM
Ted Cruz is from Canada, so obviously it's a cesspool.

But can't overlook "the Cuban factor" in his case. :lol

Chomag
04-28-2022, 05:46 PM
Would love to get the kid but would it even be a distinct possibility?

KingKev
04-28-2022, 05:47 PM

As a Canadian, at the risk of being stereotypical this is something you can probably bet on. Character probably is not an issue. People call Wiiseman a bust but he’s injured. He had his little side thing whatever but GS is just as diligent as we are.

The Truth #6
04-28-2022, 05:55 PM
As a Canadian, at the risk of being stereotypical this is something you can probably bet on. Character probably is not an issue. People call Wiiseman a bust but he’s injured. He had his little side thing whatever but GS is just as diligent as we are.

Unless he's from Montreal. You know, FRENCH Canadians. Joking!

rascal
04-28-2022, 05:56 PM
Beyond basketball they need to have multiple references regarding character, especially without a face to face or two.

I haven't seen Sharpe is a bad character kid.

The Truth #6
04-28-2022, 05:57 PM
The Keystone Pipeline V. 2.0. Exporting eighteen-year old Canadian ballers directly to Texas. That would be hilarious.

ZeusWillJudge
04-28-2022, 06:08 PM

LOL. Wasn't Rob Ford Canadian? Robert Pickton? Asking for a friend. :lol

I don't like it when guys (or their famalies) start marketing right out of high school. But that's probably the permanent reality of the really top prospects now. If only they were all as good as they think they will be.

SAGirl
04-28-2022, 06:13 PM
I dont have a strong opinion about this. There is not much to base opinion on. I think how he performs in private workouts and interviews will be influential and I have no way of guessing about that. The Spurs do tend to like players who show up at the combine, which is not a place to find the best prospects in the draft, since they skip it in favor of private workouts. So yea, I don’t know. What I do know is that after the top 3, there are many prospects that give you flashes but are flawed one way or another, and for teams who missed on the top 3, but who are still fishing for a star, he’s worth a look at.

SAGirl
04-28-2022, 06:17 PM
He's not even a can't-miss prospect putting the mystery aside. The fact that Kentucky faced major injuries to TyTy Washington and others and could have really used Sharpe? The fact that he didn't bother playing isn't a good sign. Calipari had quotes about him not being ready - and I think he meant in multiple ways. He wasn't in game shape, he wasn't prepared. But ultimately, to reflect what Timvp says, basketball isn't just jumpshots and dunks. It's about being able to see the game, to learn, to react, to be a professional. Every single one of those things is in question. I'm afraid he is a mix of James Wiseman (in hiding himself from view) and guys like Dante Exum (massively rated prospect who never learned how to play effective basketball). I think about a guy like Gerald Green, too, a previous winner of the "OMG This Guy Can Do EVERYTHING" award, when people just meant run and jump.

Not saying he could be very good. He's just not on my radar because I don't think the Spurs would ever consider this guy.
I’ll have to look up the Calipari quotes bc I am intrigued. Calipari could have been involved in keeping him out to protect his stock until he “was ready.” It would also be interesting to find out what he had him work on etc.

BackHome
04-28-2022, 06:21 PM
Yeah Spurs will and should look at at lot of things such as:

1. Talent
2. Basketball IQ
3. Athleticism
4. Coach ability
5. Work ethic -
6. Personality - Alpha or a Beta
7. Group fit
8. HEART - Desire/Dog - Want a guy who hates to loose and will through his body around
9. Injury history

KingKev
04-28-2022, 06:23 PM
LOL. Wasn't Rob Ford Canadian? Robert Pickton? Asking for a friend. :lol

I don't like it when guys (or their famalies) start marketing right out of high school. But that's probably the permanent reality of the really top prospects now. If only they were all as good as they think they will be.

Fair point but Canadian kids who can play probably came from middle class to below middle class
decent homes. Not hood and probably not wealthy. Doug Ford was actually both.

rascal
04-28-2022, 06:44 PM
Sharpe wasn't going to just jump on the team and be an immediate starter at the mid point of the season, January. He had to work on conditioning and practice with being a new member of the team and was not likely to play big minutes as Kentucky already had been playing and had established starters. Kentucky entered the 2021-22 season with what looked to be a loaded backcourt that Sharpe would have been hard to crack the rotation in as a mid-year enrollee. So his people and Calipari decided best to hold him out this year as not to hurt his draft stock, makes sense.

It made sense to hold him back and to bring his conditioning up and get him as to not hurt his draft stock value as he wasn't ready to play a big part on Kentucky joining the team mid season. He didn't practice and work with the team early in the season.

Playing for Kentucky with relatively little time to prepare might jeopardize that stock.

It’s really tough to enter into SEC play — not play a single minute of college basketball until you get into SEC play. … It’s not easy going into that. And you want to talk about financial risk … you come in and you struggle, and that’s several million dollars you’re talking about.”

If Sharpe struggled over a handful of games this season and fell from the No. 5 pick to the No. 15 pick, for example. That would make for a large difference in projected earnings.

The No. 1 pick in the 2022 NBA Draft stands to make nearly $28 million over his first three seasons in the league (including the third-year option on rookie contracts). The No. 5 pick would make about $18 million, while the No. 15 pick — for comparison’s sake — would make a little more than $9 million.

ZeusWillJudge
04-28-2022, 09:06 PM
Fair point but Canadian kids who can play probably came from middle class to below middle class
decent homes. Not hood and probably not wealthy. Doug Ford was actually both.

I'm just yanking your chain. I don't know from Canada. Of all the factors about Shaedon, the least I'm worried about is where he was born.

offset formation
04-28-2022, 09:18 PM
He sounds like another player who's family and hangers on are WAY too involved. Think: Nephew, Jalen Johnson.

Yup. It's a no from me, but then again, I have never been a stan for him.

KingKev
04-28-2022, 10:37 PM
I'm just yanking your chain. I don't know from Canada. Of all the factors about Shaedon, the least I'm worried about is where he was born.

I know, I know. I guess my point is there is a certain level of humility from Canadian players as they have already made it just to play D1 ball.

John B
04-29-2022, 01:15 AM
I prefer a PF at the 9th pick. But if they have an opportunity to draft a pure scorer like Shaedon Sharpe, I wouldn’t be a bit upset. The Spurs needed a goto scorer and that’s what this kid brings. And he could score in bunches. So he be at SG, and Devin moves to SF. The Spurs need to decide what to do with Keldon, which is the defensive achilles heel. They need a big body next to Poeltl at PF position. Keldon could be the odd man unless he comes off from the bench at 6th man.

But again I have a feeling that history would repeat itself, and the Spurs would have an opportunityto draft a top 2. Welcome home Chet :lol

Drom John
04-29-2022, 10:19 AM
Top 10 Canadians, MP

1) Rick Fox
2) Andrew Wiggins
3) Tristan Thompson
4) Cory Joseph
5) Jamaal Magliore
6) Kelly Olynyk
7) Jamal Murray
8) Bill Wennington
9) Dwight Powell
10) Trey Lyles

27) Mike Smrek
31) Joshua Primo

Russ
04-29-2022, 10:28 AM
The Keystone Pipeline V. 2.0. Exporting eighteen-year old Canadian ballers directly to Texas. That would be hilarious.

https://youtu.be/UGjF2D3EJQU

Hell yes. The more I think about it, the more Canadian this dude seems. Steve Nash would finish second in a nice-off with this guy.

No character issues here, just move along. And it’s not just that he’s a Canuck.

He’s a pure shooter (timvp said no less). How many pure shooters have character issues? Those things just don’t go together. Why? Cuz you have to practice to be a great shooter. It’s just the law as Ralph Lawler would say. (And it’s not the most fun thing to practice, not like those indolent Americans practicing their fucking dunks.)

But the thing that really seals it is a third discreet factor that emerges from his tapes, the few tapes that there are. (For reference, I’m including, above, a reel that Mnky posted way back in the Draft Discussion thread.)

Sharpe passes the ball like nobody passes the ball these days. He passes the ball just like fucking John Wooden, himself, insisted that all his “fine Christian young men” do it. Two hands. The perfect pass emanating from the geometric midpoint of the young man’s bod. Popovich himself thought that type of pristine pass was too extreme to insist upon in this day and age (even under Pop’s regime of “Marshall” law as Marjorie Taylor Greene might say). The on-set basketball advisor for the movie “Hoosiers” even thought that same two-handed pass was too fucking crazy to include in that classic film (yet even he insisted that Gene Hackman repeatedly yell out “Run the picket fence!” like an unconsoled lunatic). Look at 2:34 and 3:06. He does it, he does it reflexively, like drinking fucking water. This seals the deal, this wins the fucking day. There can be no further analysis. Case closed. He probably puts his fucking socks on just the way Wooden insisted. (Only Manu Ginobili has passed the ball that way in modern basketball history -- and I find it no mere coincidence that he hails from the fucking Canada of South America!)

And then there’s defense. Oh, how our own timvp pooh-poohed master Sharpe’s defensive chops. Take a look at 3:24 and 4:55. I’ll say no more.

I’m sorry timvp, but you’ve shortchanged this young man and, more blasphemously, you’ve shortchanged our beloved Spurs and their entire fucking organization. This is exactly the kind of young mensch the Spurs would take.

You can’t rely upon NBA scouts to give you the “skinny” as it were on these things. NBA scouts are an embittered and often alcoholic breed. (I can relate.) They simply want to justify their filthy excursions to such metropoli as Lexington fucking Kentucky to expense-report their trysts with inarguable and notorious trollups. Young Sharpe denied them that dissolute pleasure. No wonder they hate him.

I’m going all in right here, right now. I’m going contrarian. Like George C. Scott in “Patton” when he exclaimed “Rommel, you magnificent bastard, I read your book!” And later when he exclaimed ”That’s exactly why I think they’ll do it” after dutifully reciting the historical fact that that the German army had never mounted a winter offensive since the time of Frederick the Great. "Therefore," he said, "I believe that's exactly what they're going to do."

If the Spurs don’t move up to the top four, if they must pick between 9 and 11, and if young Sharpe is somehow there, they shall take pluck him as if unrequited bees before a bright-faced (yet seemingly unloved) flower. Yes they will. Probably. Maybe, at least.

Sincerely, C. Kinbote

rascal
04-29-2022, 02:24 PM
The limited tape alone screams that Sharpe is something special. Smooth with explosiveness, a quick release on his shot and sensational at finishing at the rim and only 18 years old so some room to get even better. You can't teach that type of athleticism.

If they reached for Primo at 12 who doesn't look anywhere near as good as Sharpe, than passing on Sharpe because he was held out of playing the last two months for Kentucky after joining the team late makes no sense.

I thought you would be smarter than that timvp and would be able to see Sharpe's talent alone would be enough for the Spurs to not pass him up if given the chance to draft him.

Ariel
04-29-2022, 02:49 PM
That may be true if the limited tape (fact) were independent of his actions. Fact is, there's limited tape because he deliberately wanted it to be the case. And given he's free to choose, one is free to read into his choosing. And my reading is, he's afraid he won't deliver, and that speaks of his character, his conditions, or both. Which is why I wouldn't take him if we make the top 4. Just too much of a risk.

Mr. Body
04-29-2022, 02:55 PM
That may be true if the limited tape (fact) were independent of his actions. Fact is, there's limited tape because he deliberately wanted it to be the case. And given he's free to choose, one is free to read into his choosing. And my reading is, he's afraid he won't deliver, and that speaks of his character, his conditions, or both. Which is why I wouldn't take him if we make the top 4. Just too much of a risk.

Same. People also need to realize that basketball isn't jump shots and dunks and chase down blocks. It's everything else. You can be thrilled by how athletic a dude is, or the smoothness of his jumpshot, but that doesn't tell you what you really need to know about a player. Sharpe doing the James Wiseman thing of hiding himself isn't good to me. A lack of competitiveness, a sneakiness, an adherence to image and money rather than the game. There's a reason the scout said the Spurs wouldn't be interested in him.

exstatic
04-29-2022, 03:01 PM
The limited tape alone screams that Sharpe is something special. Smooth with explosiveness, a quick release on his shot and sensational at finishing at the rim and only 18 years old so some room to get even better. You can't teach that type of athleticism.

If they reached for Primo at 12 who doesn't look anywhere near as good as Sharpe, than passing on Sharpe because he was held out of playing the last two months for Kentucky after joining the team late makes no sense.

I thought you would be smarter than that timvp and would be able to see Sharpe's talent alone would be enough for the Spurs to not pass him up if given the chance to draft him.

You do realize that virtually everything you've seen of Primo is against older professional players, either in the gleague or NBA, and everything you see of Sharpe is against HS kids, most of whom will be working at 7-11 next year, right?

exstatic
04-29-2022, 03:03 PM
Same. People also need to realize that basketball isn't jump shots and dunks and chase down blocks. It's everything else. You can be thrilled by how athletic a dude is, or the smoothness of his jumpshot, but that doesn't tell you what you really need to know about a player. Sharpe doing the James Wiseman thing of hiding himself isn't good to me. A lack of competitiveness, a sneakiness, an adherence to image and money rather than the game. There's a reason the scout said the Spurs wouldn't be interested in him.

You think they'd have learned that lesson after Lonnie, the ultimate tease.

rascal
04-29-2022, 03:20 PM
You do realize that virtually everything you've seen of Primo is against older professional players, either in the gleague or NBA, and everything you see of Sharpe is against HS kids, most of whom will be working at 7-11 next year, right?

I see Sharpe as being more explosive and more gifted athletically as compared to Primo. He's a much better prospect with higher potential.

rascal
04-29-2022, 03:25 PM

Foolish reasoning and you'll miss out on him. Sharpe himself isn't the one who said he wasn't going to play for Kentucky this past year.

Sharpe will turn out better than anyone the Spurs get at 9.

duncan2150
05-02-2022, 07:59 AM
https://twitter.com/BradeauxNBA/status/1520793914059505665

exstatic
05-02-2022, 08:06 AM
This guy is playing hide and seek. He doesn’t want to show anything, for fear of dinging his draft stock. The Spurs won’t draft him to keep in the top 4, and I have my doubts about picking him at 9, if he’s there.

exstatic
05-02-2022, 08:08 AM
I see Sharpe as being more explosive and more gifted athletically as compared to Primo. He's a much better prospect with higher potential.

Lonnie has all of that, and flopped.

duncan2150
05-02-2022, 08:43 AM
This guy is playing hide and seek. He doesn’t want to show anything, for fear of dinging his draft stock. The Spurs won’t draft him to keep in the top 4, and I have my doubts about picking him at 9, if he’s there.

I think he'll be drafted before the pick 9.

Russ
05-02-2022, 08:47 AM
Lonnie has all of that, and flopped.

With all due respect, the comparison of Sharpe to Lonnie Walker is inapt, exstatic, for one salient reason -- I hated Lonnie (before he was drafted) and I love Sharpe now (also before the pick). That makes all the difference, cosmicly speaking, my good friend.

On 2018, draft night, when the immortal Lonnie Walker IV had “fallen” to the Spurs at No. 18, I dissented:

I hope it's not Lonnie Walker.

https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=274395&page=24&p=9433974&viewfull=1#post9433974

I'm hoping for Huerter at this point (all the others I liked are gone).

https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=274395&page=23&p=9433935&viewfull=1#post9433935

The young mensch I wanted them to draft, BTW, is one of the starting five on a playoff team!

Sharpe does things, even now, that our Lonnie cannot even dream of on a good hair day. Lonnie is an enthusiastic puppy, jumping about aimlessly. Sharpe passes the ball just as John fucking Wooden himself prescribed, emanating from the geometric midpoint of the young man’s bod, good sir. I rest my case!

Mr. Body
05-02-2022, 08:51 AM
https://twitter.com/BradeauxNBA/status/1520793914059505665

jonhammnodding.gif

rascal
05-02-2022, 09:03 AM

He wasn't going to start on Kentucky joining the team at mid season and that would hurt his draft stock if he wasn't getting minutes.

He isn't making the decisions not to play, Calipari and Sharpe's mentor Dwayne Washington are deciding things for him.

lefty
05-02-2022, 09:36 AM
But Thkip

Mr. Body
05-02-2022, 09:41 AM
He wasn't going to start on Kentucky joining the team at mid season and that would hurt his draft stock if he wasn't getting minutes.

He isn't making the decisions not to play, Calipari and Sharpe's mentor Dwayne Washington are deciding things for him.

At that time, Kentucky lost their two lead guards to injury.

Russ
05-02-2022, 09:52 AM
At that time, Kentucky lost their two lead guards to injury.

Kentucky had also beaten eventual National Champion Kansas 80-62 (at Kansas).

What need did they have to tinker with their lineup mid-season, good sir?

rascal
05-02-2022, 09:57 AM
Kentucky had also beaten eventual National Champion Kansas 80-62 (at Kansas).

What need did they have to tinker with their lineup mid-season, good sir?

Also Sharpe needed some time practicing with the team and for conditioning. They were not going to throw in the starting lineup on day one.

KingKev
05-02-2022, 11:23 AM
So 6’6 pre draft means he is probably 6’4? If he is our guy than hopefully Walker, Vassell and Primo are gone.

R. DeMurre
05-02-2022, 11:52 AM
If this is accurate, that's pretty crazy. And to be fair, Lonnie Walker's max vertical was impressive, but a 49" measurement is as far above Lonnie's number (40") as Lonnie's was above guys like Udoka Azubuike or Omer Yurtseven (31.5"), centers not known for being especially great leapers.

Scouts and GMs will obviously have their work cut out for them evaluating a kid who is still a mystery, but I imagine Sharpe & his agent were pretty thrilled with this result.

Mr. Body
05-02-2022, 11:55 AM
Word is he'll be posting video soon of him killing a bear.

bluebellmaniac
05-02-2022, 12:26 PM
Without BBIQ, he's just another Lonnie. He needs to have the BRAINS to pick up the offensive and defensive rotations. He needs to know clock management. There is lots more than jumping. As Barkley has stated many times, "A deer can run and jump, but it can't play basketball". Can he do the COMPLICATED stuff that is needed at the NBA level? Without playing college ball, it's all a guess.

PhantomDashCam
05-02-2022, 12:49 PM
For the Hype Crew. Russ, we need your thoughts good sir.

R. DeMurre
05-02-2022, 12:50 PM
Without BBIQ, he's just another Lonnie. He needs to have the BRAINS to pick up the offensive and defensive rotations. He needs to know clock management. There is lots more than jumping. As Barkley has stated many times, "A deer can run and jump, but it can't play basketball". Can he do the COMPLICATED stuff that is needed at the NBA level? Without playing college ball, it's all a guess.

To be fair, even with college ball it can be a guess. Lonnie played college ball. So did Hasheem Thabeet and Anthony Bennett. Primo didn't get drafted based entirely on his college record-- the Spurs liked how he performed at combine scrimmages, just as they'd also liked Samanic's performances in the same setting.

Ariel
05-02-2022, 12:57 PM
I don't know why, but this story came to mind when I saw the 49" vertical video:

Loose Balls: Easy Money, Hard Fouls, Cheap Laughs, and True Love in the NBA - Jayson Williams

Before signing me up, the Sixers' top guys met with me in a Midtown hotel in New York City. They heard I was fat, out of shape. They were worried about the broken foot, too. It was Harold Katz, then the owner, and Gene Shue, then the general manager. They wanted me to run up and down the hotel ballroom. They thought I might be damaged goods. I told 'em I understood their concerns, but I had a better idea. Instead of running up and down in a damn ballroom, why didn't I run up and down on a basketball court for them? I said, "We can go to a park by my house." They thought it was a great idea and we agreed to go on down there.

Harold and Gene didn't know it, but the park we were going to was down on the Lower East Side, right next to the school I went to, P.S. 137. And before we drove down there, I called the principal, and I told him what's happening.

So when we got to the park, he's let the whole school out early, and there's nine hundred kids in the park, surrounding the court, hanging on the chain-link fence, screaming and yelling and cheering, "Williams! Williams! Williams! Williams!."

And I'm running and dunking and jumping, up and down and up and down. I'm flying! It's like one of those bad made-for-TV movies. I mean, I'm two feet above the rim, scraping my elbows on metal. And the kids are screaming and Harold and Gene are happy about the whole thing. They're talking to each other.

"Holy smokes!" they're saying. "We got a steal with this guy!"

Harold and Gene spent the next two years watching me miss layups, stumble around, saying, "What the heck happened at that park? Was that an optical illusion or what?"

They told Charles Barkley they were confused, because they'd seen me playing about two feet above the rim.

Charlie says, "You seen who? Doing what? When?"

What Harold and Gene and Charlie didn't know is that the basket at that park is only nine feet high.
:lol

R. DeMurre
05-02-2022, 01:07 PM
:lol hilarious

Russ
05-02-2022, 01:13 PM

And you shall get them, good sir, if and when they adhere to an appropriate instant.

KingKev
05-02-2022, 01:17 PM
Haha twitter analysts are hilarious. Defensive versatility in a one on one setting?

PhantomDashCam
05-02-2022, 01:28 PM
Haha twitter analysts are hilarious. Defensive versatility in a one on one setting?

My favourite part in the video is the guy in the white T-Shirt setting the screens. He’s unfortunately ineligible this draft.

KingKev
05-02-2022, 01:32 PM
My favourite part in the video is the guy in the white T-Shirt setting the screens. He’s unfortunately ineligible this draft.

haha looks like DJ Khalid.

He does look much more fluid than anyone on our current roster i’ll give him that.

baseline bum
05-02-2022, 01:34 PM

https://www.reviewjournal.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/8194509_web1_bkn-rookies_071114jb_03.jpg

KingKev
05-02-2022, 01:37 PM
https://www.reviewjournal.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/8194509_web1_bkn-rookies_071114jb_03.jpg

Anthony Bennet was a bust but never a problem child.

ZeusWillJudge
05-02-2022, 02:14 PM

Good thinking to bring in Bryn Forbes to defend him.

No, he's got a solid frame and he can score at all three levels - at least in a practice setting. He's not one of those guys who have raw athleticism but no basketball skills. He looks pretty smooth.

JPB
05-02-2022, 03:18 PM

I guess they forgot to add all the misess. Anyway, That vid has little to no interest as far as judging the kid... All I see is a some (rather slow) youngster dunking and shooting one and one on undersized even younger nobodies who don't even try to defend during some staged practice...

You can almost hear the agent screaming at the other kids, "slower and don't jump!!" Put me some stiff and real men out there and see how the kid can dunk and shoot and them... Shooting mechanics not that great btw, no lift in his legs, ball to low (will get blocked in the NBA)...

When they tried out TP back in the days in SA, they send some mammoth at him who was rocking and throwing Tony all over the place.

ZeusWillJudge
05-02-2022, 03:58 PM
As Barkley has stated many times, "A deer can run and jump, but it can't play basketball". Can he do the COMPLICATED stuff that is needed at the NBA level? Without playing college ball, it's all a guess.

Word is he'll be posting video soon of him killing a bear.

A deer can kill a bear, but can it... well that fizzled out pretty quickly.

You can't tell much from highlight videos of a game, much less a gym session. But he's above the rim with total ease, he's got a stepback move that doesn't look awkward, he knocked some down from distance, and he doesn't look like he has to think when he puts the ball on the floor. A lot of first round prospects are deficient in at least one of those categories.

I'm sure there will be a lot of NBA scouts looking at him in person, but from the look of that video it's pretty clear that they have good reason for making the trip.

R. DeMurre
05-02-2022, 04:23 PM
I'm neither for nor against Sharpe at this point because I think that analysis can only be done by someone with insider access to pre-draft workouts and combine scrimmages, which I don't have. But man, the number of people with irrational exuberance for Primo and bottomless conspiratorial skepticism for Sharpe is pretty interesting. Sharpe was rated a 5 star prospect by 247 Sports and the #3 high school player in the nation. The year before, Primo was a 5 star prospect ranked 21st. But somehow, swinging for the fences with Primo is a genius move, while swinging for the fences with Sharpe is reckless and dumb? :lol

bluebellmaniac
05-02-2022, 04:35 PM
Did that hoop look like it was 10' high? Looked like it was lower.

rascal
05-02-2022, 04:55 PM
I'm neither for nor against Sharpe at this point because I think that analysis can only be done by someone with insider access to pre-draft workouts and combine scrimmages, which I don't have. But man, the number of people with irrational exuberance for Primo and bottomless conspiratorial skepticism for Sharpe is pretty interesting. Sharpe was rated a 5 star prospect by 247 Sports and the #3 high school player in the nation. The year before, Primo was a 5 star prospect ranked 21st. But somehow, swinging for the fences with Primo is a genius move, while swinging for the fences with Sharpe is reckless and dumb? :lol

The beta followers in here are just following timvp's lead on Sharpe. Had timvp said he liked Sharpe and he should be the Spurs target the responses would be very different in here.

PhantomDashCam
05-02-2022, 05:02 PM

I feel the same way. I’m not blown away by Sharpe’s tape. I listened to a Jake Rosen interview, (from The Stepien), on a podcast about a month ago where he talked exclusively about Sharpe for about an hour.
He brought up an interesting point about his athleticism and vertical akin to a little James Wiseman where he has to load up a little to get to those Springs.
The guys also talked about how all the space he creates is either laterally or backwards, he’s not necessarily beating defenders in straight line attacks. I would think for an Athletic Two-Guard, who has aspirations of being a primary, that it may be something to monitor going forward.

https://youtu.be/qYAbug32mEA

Ditty
05-08-2022, 01:34 PM
Draft him if he’s there!

rascal
05-08-2022, 02:18 PM
Sharpe is already better than Primo. Primo lacks top end athleticism, has problems creating shots and finishing at the rim, also lacks explosiveness.

BatManu20
05-08-2022, 02:51 PM
Sharpe will be gone by the time we’re on the clock so this is all moot anyways tbh.

rascal
05-08-2022, 02:58 PM
Sharpe will be gone by the time we’re on the clock so this is all moot anyways tbh.

Not if the Spurs get into the top four.

PhantomDashCam
05-16-2022, 09:20 PM

R. DeMurre
05-16-2022, 10:40 PM
Sharpe is already better than Primo. Primo lacks top end athleticism, has problems creating shots and finishing at the rim, also lacks explosiveness.

Worse than that, he finished the year with lower 2pt, 3pt, FT, and TS%s than Derrick White... and shooting is White's weakest skill, and it was a down year shooting even for him.

KingKev
05-17-2022, 06:21 AM
Worse than that, he finished the year with lower 2pt, 3pt, FT, and TS%s than Derrick White... and shooting is White's weakest skill, and it was a down year shooting even for him.

Primo or Sharpe?

R. DeMurre
05-17-2022, 09:39 AM
Primo or Sharpe?

Primo

Good joke, though

KingKev
05-17-2022, 10:05 AM
Primo

Good joke, though

haha understood. I don’t have a strong view on Sharpe but I think he makes sense if still on the board at #9.

rascal
05-17-2022, 10:12 AM
haha understood. I don’t have a strong view on Sharpe but I think he makes sense if still on the board at #9.

Spurs should jump at Sharpe if he is still there at 9.

He is one of the players outside the top projected 4 who can be the top player from this draft class.

But I'm sure he will be drafted in the top 6.
Just too much future all star potential with his skillset to pass on him.

The Truth #6
05-17-2022, 10:26 AM
I would normally say the Spurs would shy away from Sharpe, but you know, they love young untested Canadians!

exstatic
05-17-2022, 10:30 AM
I wasn’t that impressed with his video. He appeared to nearly lose his dribble several times while unguarded. He’s going to need a lot of work. He’s easily as raw as Primo was, maybe more so.

rascal
05-17-2022, 10:44 AM
I wasn’t that impressed with his video. He appeared to nearly lose his dribble several times while unguarded. He’s going to need a lot of work. He’s easily as raw as Primo was, maybe more so.

No way, Much better than Primo from what I see. Primo was not impressive at all. Primo looks like a child.

rascal
05-17-2022, 10:45 AM

Where is Primo's tape?

exstatic
05-17-2022, 10:53 AM
Where is Primo's tape?

Where’s Sharpe’s NCAA tape?

John B
05-17-2022, 11:04 AM
Spurs would be lucky to draft Sharpe at 9th, then use the 20th pick to draft a PF. Shaedon has the ability to score on all levels and has that star quality. But again I would like if the Spurs get a top 4 pick and really speed back to contention

rascal
05-17-2022, 11:04 AM
Where’s Sharpe’s NCAA tape?

Would you trade Primo for Sharpe?

rascal
05-17-2022, 11:07 AM
Primo lacks explosiveness and quickness and plays below the rim. I don't see him having the skills Sharpe has to ever be a star in the league.

KingKev
05-17-2022, 11:12 AM
Would you trade Primo for Sharpe?

Absolutely. I’d trade Primo for a late FRP.

exstatic
05-17-2022, 11:21 AM
Primo lacks explosiveness and quickness and plays below the rim. I don't see him having the skills Sharpe has to ever be a star in the league.

This trope needs to die.

T Park
05-18-2022, 12:14 PM
Absolutely. I’d trade Primo for a late FRP.

Lol, don’t let this man near your front office.

slick'81
05-18-2022, 12:25 PM

are we really writing primo suave off already though?

Chomag
05-18-2022, 12:46 PM
Can he be a bust? Of course he can just as any player can, but he really does have that look of being a star player if not a high impact player at the least.He is the only player that I would love to see Spurs trade up for as he has the most potential to get there out of the whole lot.

R. DeMurre
05-18-2022, 12:49 PM
The book's still out on Primo, but I think even his most fervent fans have to admit that last year's "He'd go Top 5 in the 2022 draft" argument is looking pretty unlikely... I doubt he'd go top 15 if he were allowed to re-enter the draft.

KingKev
05-18-2022, 01:04 PM
The book's still out on Primo, but I think even his most fervent fans have to admit that last year's "He'd go Top 5 in the 2022 draft" argument is looking pretty unlikely... I doubt he'd go top 15 if he were allowed to re-enter the draft.

This. The reality is he probably has 0 trade value at this point so we are inclined to double down on him. Anyone that thinks Primo for a future FRP isn’t fair must have insider information on his development.

Chomag
05-18-2022, 01:12 PM
If Primo can put it together I think he can be a very solid complimentary type of player to play along side another All-star or two. He is going to have to exceed allot of expectations after last year to be anything more which I hope he does. I agree though that I think he would be a late first rounder at best but most likely a second rounder in this year's draft.

For better or worse I think the FO is invested in him so I hope it all turns out great.

K...
05-18-2022, 01:24 PM
Primo is tough, because the spurs are not an agent so don't need to sell him. If they wanted to prove hes top 5 they'd make highlight packages, have him chuck up raw stats all season. They instead gave him reg rotation role player minutes. Its still unlikely primo will be a top 5 pick value but we won't know for awhile

Mr. Body
05-18-2022, 01:29 PM

Don't you realize that if he stayed in college... he'd be playing against college players? That he was primed to be the main guy on a good Alabama team and that he'd be a big, multi-dimensional guard playing against NCAA competition? He'd still be younger than most of the top prospects this year and would have shown even more of his potential.

R. DeMurre
05-18-2022, 01:45 PM
Don't you realize that if he stayed in college... he'd be playing against college players? That he was primed to be the main guy on a good Alabama team and that he'd be a big, multi-dimensional guard playing against NCAA competition? He'd still be younger than most of the top prospects this year and would have shown even more of his potential.

Perhaps.. or he might've had a subpar shooting year as a bigger target of opponent defenses and that might've made people second guess his shooting. Someone like Trey Murphy lll was in pretty much the same situation as Primo, spending time in the G League before getting some run with the Pelicans, and he led all rookies in 3pt% and looks to be exactly the player New Orleans hoped he'd be. Granted, he's older than Primo, but I just don't think objective observers are quite as sold on Primo's supposed shooting abilities after seeing him in both the G league & NBA. But who knows, he could turn it around in the next two years and be a knock down shooter too.... I guess we'll have to wait and see.

exstatic
05-18-2022, 01:53 PM

If he played at Alabama another year, he might well have gone top 5. No way to really know, though.

rascal
05-18-2022, 02:33 PM
are we really writing primo suave off already though?

I am. I don't see anything special with Primo. I don't see a high level skill set with Primo. He lacks burst and fire in his game.

Keep hoping on him and investing time with him like Walker, neither will amount to anything more than a role player.

The Truth #6
05-18-2022, 02:40 PM
Perhaps.. or he might've had a subpar shooting year as a bigger target of opponent defenses and that might've made people second guess his shooting. Someone like Trey Murphy lll was in pretty much the same situation as Primo, spending time in the G League before getting some run with the Pelicans, and he led all rookies in 3pt% and looks to be exactly the player New Orleans hoped he'd be. Granted, he's older than Primo, but I just don't think objective observers are quite as sold on Primo's supposed shooting abilities after seeing him in both the G league & NBA. But who knows, he could turn it around in the next two years and be a knock down shooter too.... I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I'm ok with his projected shooting; I think he reworked his shot. It's the other stuff I have doubts about. I think he already has good defensive instincts and appears to be making the right decision, but I'm not sure about the results, though for some reason we were a bad defensive team with all these supposed good defenders. But back to Primo, Pop loves him so that is what give me some hope, though objectively I'm underwhelmed so far.

SAGirl
05-18-2022, 04:38 PM
^ As for Primo, I do have a problem with his shooting and do hope he gets that back. That's the no.1 thing he needs to get back b4 his dribble and all these other things people want out of him. Shooting is what got him on the door to get drafted whether by the Spurs or someone later. Him losing that skill is what has made him look worse than everyone expected him to be. A lot of things can be improved after and over time but if he can't shoot people will continue to sour on him and he'll be a bust (bc he isn't even good at what he was supposed to have coming in).

FWIW, the dude is young and I have hope he'll get his shooting back and he'll be better. I'll be disappointed if he isn't better his second season.

T Park
05-18-2022, 05:20 PM
I'm ok with his projected shooting; I think he reworked his shot. It's the other stuff I have doubts about. I think he already has good defensive instincts and appears to be making the right decision, but I'm not sure about the results, though for some reason we were a bad defensive team with all these supposed good defenders. But back to Primo, Pop loves him so that is what give me some hope, though objectively I'm underwhelmed so far.

You put an athletic 4 with them, stop the offensive rebounds and add one more guy who can guard, and the defense magically becomes way better.

slick'81
05-18-2022, 05:25 PM
I am. I don't see anything special with Primo. I don't see a high level skill set with Primo. He lacks burst and fire in his game.

Keep hoping on him and investing time with him like Walker, neither will amount to anything more than a role player.

i hope theres more to him or that was a helluva shitty lottery pick

TD 21
05-18-2022, 05:40 PM

Lack of size and starting a defensive liability/net negative to provide spacing. Even the so called good defenders (Poeltl, Murray, Vassell) are all better team than individually mostly due to their scrawniness limiting their ability to switch.

The Celtics have become the standard for a modern defense. If you look at their top 7, 5 of the 7 (excepting R. Williams and Brown) aren't long, freak athletes, but they all have a good combination of positional height, strength and lateral quickness, so they're all able to switch and provide a semblance or weak side rim protection and defensive rebounding.

XDT76
05-18-2022, 09:23 PM

Our good defenders are good at disruptive and rotational defence. However majority are not very good on ball defender, in addition we lack interior and help defender resulting in us collapsing a lot of time leaving opponent free at 3 pt line. Thus our not so good defense is mainly due roster construct and defensive scheme.

Mr. Body
05-25-2022, 09:25 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGScKfQtlO8

Starting at 10:15. Not only is Sharpe not as laterally athletic as you'd think, with barely any burst to get past defenders, the section on his own defense is eye-popping. He looks atrocious on this end, not only lazy and disinterested, but just plain awful. Sure, he does track-down blocks, but that's hunting for highlights as much as anything. He looks incapable of even basically being adequate as a possession-by-possession defender. This is the sort of thing Calipari could have been hinting at when he said Sharpe wasn't prepared to play when they wanted him to.

rascal
05-25-2022, 02:34 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGScKfQtlO8

Starting at 10:15. Not only is Sharpe not as laterally athletic as you'd think, with barely any burst to get past defenders, the section on his own defense is eye-popping. He looks atrocious on this end, not only lazy and disinterested, but just plain awful. Sure, he does track-down blocks, but that's hunting for highlights as much as anything. He looks incapable of even basically being adequate as a possession-by-possession defender. This is the sort of thing Calipari could have been hinting at when he said Sharpe wasn't prepared to play when they wanted him to.

Sure Sharpe's defense will need some work and I'm sure he will improve in that area, but his offensive upside is off the charts.

If anything this tape on Sharpe makes him look great.

You're willing to believe in Primo and give him time thinking he's going to turn into something special when Sharpe looks much better overall already. Primo's game is child like when compared to Sharpe's and they're the same age.

Sharpe needs time to shore up his defense but I have no concerns he can be an adequate enough defender. His value for the Spurs is on the offensive end. There is no one on the spurs with his level of athleticism( an area of weakness on the Spurs as a team on the whole) and it's not like he is only a leaper and finisher, he has an excellent looking jump shot. He has the upside of a top offensive scorer in the league. The spurs will remain stuck in mediocrity until they find a couple of go-to elite top level offensive players.

Hard to believe he's the same age as Primo as Sharpe looks so much bigger and stronger and explosive to the basket.

PhantomDashCam
06-20-2022, 10:25 PM
https://youtu.be/YGNreRLJoGE

This guy thinks he’s going to come in straight away and be the go to guy…we’ll, not with passes like that in the clip.
Jumps in the air and turns and throws a blind pass that would be easily picked off if not for 3 on 3.

Dejounte
06-20-2022, 10:45 PM
https://youtu.be/YGNreRLJoGE

This guy thinks he’s going to come in straight away and be the go to guy…we’ll, not with passes like that in the clip.
Jumps in the air and turns and throws a blind pass that would be easily picked off if not for 3 on 3.

this guy is going to be the biggest robber of a team’s time and money similar to Kwame Brown

Mr. Body
06-20-2022, 10:47 PM
I can't imagine trying to coach this kid. My pet theory is Kenny Atkinson caught wind that Charlotte wants to trade up and draft Sharpe and he noped the hell out of there.

rascal
06-20-2022, 11:54 PM
I can't imagine trying to coach this kid. My pet theory is Kenny Atkinson caught wind that Charlotte wants to trade up and draft Sharpe and he noped the hell out of there.

Now you're making stuff up. Don't understand the hatred for this kid.

Rylan Stiles on Locked On Thunder talked about Sharpe and he wants him on the Thunder.

Stiles explained the nonsense concerns many on Spurs Talk are so worried about and wants him on the Thunder.

You guys act like a bunch of scared females.

BatManu20
06-20-2022, 11:58 PM
I got Shaedon falling out of the top-10. Kid just seems like a dumbass and a selfish player. The fact he said he thinks he can guard 1-5 in the NBA is hilarious to me.

I mean sometimes you can chalk up kids saying stupid shit to them just being young and dumb. But his overall personality and vibe is just off-putting to me. He’ll still go in the lottery cause teams are obsessed with potential, but I wouldn’t wanna be the team that drafts him.

Mr. Body
06-21-2022, 12:02 AM

If a team is making drafting this fucking idiot a priority, I'm getting the fuck out of there. It's not a serious franchise.

PhantomDashCam
06-21-2022, 12:16 AM
I honestly can't tell with this kid whether it's genuine delusions or whether I'm being duped into some ultimate team drop parlay.
The answers are in all honesty, text book narcissism that would alienate even the most stringent supporters (sans family and rascal).
We won't have long to find out which...

BatManu20
06-21-2022, 12:41 AM
Like I posted above, teams are obsessed with potential, so it’s easy to see a team taking him somewhere between 5–8, despite his terrible interviews. I just wouldn’t want to be the team that picks him that high. Talented, sure. But so many red flags for a guy that hasn’t played organized basketball in a year and a half.

BatManu20
06-21-2022, 12:45 AM
I honestly can't tell with this kid whether it's genuine delusions or whether I'm being duped into some ultimate team drop parlay.
The answers are in all honesty, text book narcissism that would alienate even the most stringent supporters (sans family and rascal).

That interview — The fact that he purposely and willingly sat out the season instead of playing because he wanted to protect his draft stock is lame as hell. When have we ever seen a player do that? A guy that was completely healthy and eligible to play just be like, “Ehh fuck it. I’m just gonna chill and do my own thing until the draft.”

Where’s the competitive fire? Teams like guys who live in the gym. Who can’t wait to lace ‘em up and compete. Who wanna be the best and prove it to the world. Not this lazy, selfish shit.

Russ
06-21-2022, 01:09 AM

Be careful, rascal, these guys are experts.

rankingtear
06-21-2022, 01:16 AM
That interview — The fact that he purposely and willingly sat out the season instead of playing because he wanted to protect his draft stock is lame as hell. When have we ever seen a player do that? A guy that was completely healthy and eligible to play just be like, “Ehh fuck it. I’m just gonna chill and do my own thing until the draft.”

Where’s the competitive fire? Teams like guys who live in the gym. Who can’t wait to lace ‘em up and compete. Who wanna be the best and prove it to the world. Not this lazy, selfish shit.

Wiseman and Jalen Johnson cant' miss talent that pops athletically opted not to lose money by being drafted lower. Jalen did drop and Wiseman came out with zero feel. Maybe it is different with Shaedon but the interviews are horrible and does not look like he is in game shape.

emanueldavidginobili
06-21-2022, 01:59 AM
I mean Jalen Green went 2nd overall last year and I think Sharpe has close to the same upside as him. He does seem like a prick but I think he goes top 12 which is still impressive for a kid that scouts only have HS footage of him and some NBA workouts.

Uriel
06-21-2022, 02:39 AM

Cancelled his workout at #10 after his workout at #9. Looks like the Spurs promised him he won’t fall past them at 9.

Mr. Body
06-21-2022, 06:10 AM
Cancelled his workout at #10 after his workout at #9. Looks like the Spurs promised him he won’t fall past them at 9.

"Goddamn it, how can we finally get Pop to retire?"

JPB
06-21-2022, 06:59 AM
I do'nt know if it's just plain sabotage (teams are not that stupid) but there's something you can't fake, it's that arrogant, full of himself while clueless, body language and attitude. Kid has cancer written all over him. Will force his trade at the first occasion, no thanks.

exstatic
06-21-2022, 07:21 AM
I mean Jalen Green went 2nd overall last year and I think Sharpe has close to the same upside as him. He does seem like a prick but I think he goes top 12 which is still impressive for a kid that scouts only have HS footage of him and some NBA workouts.

Jalen Green is much bigger, a WORLD CLASS athlete, and he didn’t sit out 18 months.

rascal
06-21-2022, 08:03 AM
Be careful, rascal, these guys are experts.

Reports are Sharpe impressed the Spurs with his athleticism and his workout went well.

AFBlue
06-21-2022, 08:19 AM
Reports are Sharpe impressed the Spurs with his athleticism and his workout went well.

...and then he interviewed. I don't think his talent is in question. If they pick him, that means he passed the smell test for both, but it's hard to see a fit there from the outside looking in.

exstatic
06-21-2022, 08:23 AM
...and then he interviewed. I don't think his talent is in question. If they pick him, that means he passed the smell test for both, but it's hard to see a fit there from the outside looking in.

They also might be picking for someone behind Washington. He canceled his workout for the Wiz, probably because they want him, but someone behind them (CHA?) likes SS, and SS likes them.

BG_Spurs_Fan
06-21-2022, 08:27 AM
They also might be picking for someone behind Washington. He canceled his workout for the Wiz, probably because they want him, but someone behind them (CHA?) likes SS, and SS likes them.

He also canceled his NO workout, so if the logic is he has a promise it'd be earlier than 8. That said, this would be sound logic for most players but Sharpe sounds like a complete dumbass so you never know. Tbh Anthony Edwards sounded similarly and he's alright.

Degoat
06-21-2022, 08:31 AM
I will say this, Shaedon Sharpe needs the spurs. With Portland he’d just be a trade piece, pelicans, Wizards, and the Knicks the expectations would be sky high.

Russ
06-21-2022, 09:19 AM
Jalen Green is much bigger, a WORLD CLASS athlete, and he didn’t sit out 18 months.

According to combine measurements, Green may not be much bigger than than Sharpe, although its hard to compare the size of players that young (a few months one way or the other).

Green seems to be all over the map from 6'4" to 6'6" and very thin (about 175 pounds). He didn't measure at the combine. His last measurements (well before the draft) appear to be 6’4 barefoot, 6’5 in shoes, 172 lbs, 6’7.5 wingspan, 8’5 standing reach. NBA.com currently says he's 6'4" (I think that's low).

Sharpe did get measured at the combine. 6’4.25” barefoot, 6’5.25” in shoes, 198 lbs, 6’11.5” wingspan, 8'7.5" standing reach.

Green is an athletic freak, Sharpe isn't. In fact, Sharpe's athleticism is somewhat overstated (I think) but his basketball skills are also equally understated. Sharpe looks to be a better pure shooter, for example.

I wouldn't bet against either of them (loved Green last year) but I think Sharpe has a chance to be a more well-rounded player (if slightly less eye-popping). That said, Green has proved himself with a year in the NBA. Sharpe hasn't played lately (as we are oft reminded).

Both will likely develop into high-end players in slightly different ways.

BatManu20
06-21-2022, 09:22 AM
He also canceled his NO workout, so if the logic is he has a promise it'd be earlier than 8. That said, this would be sound logic for most players but Sharpe sounds like a complete dumbass so you never know. Tbh Anthony Edwards sounded similarly and he's alright.

Good. Hopefully he goes top-7 and pushes someone else down to us.

rascal
11-08-2022, 08:03 PM
If a team is making drafting this fucking idiot a priority, I'm getting the fuck out of there. It's not a serious franchise.

Portland is happy with the Sharpe selection.

Mr. Body
11-08-2022, 08:20 PM
Portland is happy with the Sharpe selection.

LMAO rascal dickriding some guy because he can run and jump.