PDA

View Full Version : NBA: You're commissioner. What do you give Dillon Brooks?

MultiTroll
05-04-2022, 06:07 PM
https://youtu.be/T3PGHJWyih0

mystargtr34
05-04-2022, 06:09 PM
Good hard playoff foul. No suspension.

MultiTroll
05-04-2022, 06:10 PM
3 wrongs don't make a right so i am not going to consider the history of Donkey, Zaza, and to a lesser extent Bowen, others.

It was a bullshit foul which can and did cause injury. So what if Payton Jr. *could have fallen differently*.

NBA Rules committee is such a joke. This should have been a hardcore long suspension established in 1949 or whenever basketball went pro.

MultiTroll
05-04-2022, 06:13 PM
Good hard playoff foul. No suspension.
No f-ing way.
Elbow to the ear, bending Paytons head back all the way to his own shoulder.
That is concussion material or phucked up ear/head type stuff potential.
Join the NFL you want to be tough guy Brooks.

Check the :16 - :18 mark on video.

lefty
05-04-2022, 08:02 PM
A medal

Chris Fall
05-04-2022, 08:09 PM
I wouldn't have a problem with a 1 game suspension. I thought he was trying to make a play on the ball. But if you're trying to do that, you better come close to actually making a play on the ball. Otherwise, it's reckless and dangerous. I don't think there was intent to injure. But it was still a terrible decision considering he had no chance at making an honest play at the ball. And then considering the resulting injury.

Any more than 1 game, then Draymond should have been suspended too. I thought the jersey pull was also reckless and dangerous. The major difference was Clarke didn't get hurt. But I think he could have easily hurt an ankle or a knee getting pulled down from his jump like that.

Neo.
05-04-2022, 08:15 PM
he got ejected, i think that and a fine is punishment enough

if there was clear intent, then a suspension would be more appropriate imo

ambchang
05-04-2022, 08:31 PM
Honestly doesn’t seem like he wanted to play dirty, it was just reckless and stupid to do that though as there is no reasonable way to block the shot. Wouldn’t been safer if he just tackled him.

Probably one game plus fine.

baseline bum
05-04-2022, 11:17 PM
fist pound

mystargtr34
05-05-2022, 12:27 AM
A medal

😂

daslicer
05-05-2022, 01:17 AM
I only give him a fine. The NBA already established the precedent in the past when it comes to these plays by not suspending guys in the playoffs. You cannot change that precedent now.

SAGirl
05-05-2022, 07:22 AM
I wouldn't have a problem with a 1 game suspension. I thought he was trying to make a play on the ball. But if you're trying to do that, you better come close to actually making a play on the ball. Otherwise, it's reckless and dangerous. I don't think there was intent to injure. But it was still a terrible decision considering he had no chance at making an honest play at the ball. And then considering the resulting injury.

Any more than 1 game, then Draymond should have been suspended too. I thought the jersey pull was also reckless and dangerous. The major difference was Clarke didn't get hurt. But I think he could have easily hurt an ankle or a knee getting pulled down from his jump like that.
This is the right answer. The foul also happened barely 3 minutes in. He’s already missed practically an entire game with the ejection. I hated the play and don’t mind the league being tough on players in situations like this. What I really dislike is the uneven application of rules. Like is Brooks play the only reckless and dangerous one in these playoffs?

Come on now league. How about Chris Paul 3 breaking Alvarado’s teeth in with an elbow to the jaw in the closing minutes of an elimination game and not even getting called for a flagrant one because it would be an ejection since CP3 already had a flagrant 1 that same game. He didn’t even get called for a regular offensive foul. It’s a double standard.

MultiTroll
05-05-2022, 08:21 PM
But it was still a terrible decision considering he had no chance at making an honest play at the ball. And then considering the resulting injury.

I only give him a fine. The NBA already established the precedent in the past when it comes to these plays by not suspending guys in the playoffs. You cannot change that precedent now.

This is the right answer. The foul also happened barely 3 minutes in. He’s already missed practically an entire game with the ejection. I hated the play and don’t mind the league being tough on players in situations like this. What I really dislike is the uneven application of rules. Like is Brooks play the only reckless and dangerous one in these playoffs?

Come on now league. How about Chris Paul 3 breaking Alvarado’s teeth in with an elbow to the jaw in the closing minutes of an elimination game and not even getting called for a flagrant one because it would be an ejection since CP3 already had a flagrant 1 that same game. He didn’t even get called for a regular offensive foul. It’s a double standard.
"You're now the commissioner."
Doesn't matter what previous incompetent corrupt commissioners Stern and Stern Jr. etc did and did not do.

Dude is out a month or more. One game suspension? How is that equal?

daslicer
05-05-2022, 08:27 PM
"You're now the commissioner."
Doesn't matter what previous incompetent corrupt commissioners Stern and Stern Jr. etc did and did not do.

Dude is out a month or more. One game suspension? How is that equal?

I don't care about fairness. I care about consistency. The league was not consistent when Juwan Howard took out Derek Anderson in the '01 playoffs. They didn't bother to do anything. Then they allowed Zaza to get away with taking out Kawhi. Can you honestly say the league would do anything if the Warriors took out Ja Morant? To me it just seems like a double standard that the rules only apply to some teams that are favored by the media and not others.

MultiTroll
05-05-2022, 08:32 PM
I don't care about fairness. I care about consistency. The league was not consistent when Juwan Howard took out Derek Anderson in the '01 playoffs. They didn't bother to do anything. Then they allowed Zaza to get away with taking out Kawhi. Can you honestly say the league would do anything if the Warriors took out Ja Morant? To me it just seems like a double standard that the rules only apply to some teams that are favored by the media and not others.
Absolutely.
So were a league and commissioner to actually care about fairness, moving forward someone would have to be the example to replace old pathetic precedent with a real one moving forward.

While i would prefer it to someone like Donkey, at X time a real league and real commissioner would have to lay the wood to someone in order to discourage future super cheap shots. What would that take? 20 games? Even then it's never going to be completely fair. 20 games to a tanking team or to James Harden or Ben Simmons would be a welcome vacation.

daslicer
05-05-2022, 08:40 PM
Absolutely.
So were a league and commissioner to actually care about fairness, moving forward someone would have to be the example to replace old pathetic precedent with a real one moving forward.

While i would prefer it to someone like Donkey, at X time a real league and real commissioner would have to lay the wood to someone in order to discourage future super cheap shots. What would that take? 20 games? Even then it's never going to be completely fair. 20 games to a tanking team or to James Harden or Ben Simmons would be a welcome vacation.

Fairness is when opposing teams know they can't lay out a guy and get away with it simply because he plays in Sacramento or San Antonio. If Kawhi was wearing a Lakers jersey instead of a Spurs jersey I don't think the Warriors would have the guts to pull Zaza on him due to fear of punishment. I just feel there is a double standard here and it won't change until everybody has a healthy amount of fear they are not going to be protected regardless of where they play.

DMC
05-05-2022, 11:01 PM
I don't have any feelings about it. People get hurt playing ball. It was a hard foul, and in slow motion everything seems thought out, but in real time, one time, it could be either way. I don't think Payton is the hill he wanted to die on, so I doubt it was intentional. They'd have taken out Steph otherwise.

DMC
05-05-2022, 11:02 PM
Fairness is when opposing teams know they can't lay out a guy and get away with it simply because he plays in Sacramento or San Antonio. If Kawhi was wearing a Lakers jersey instead of a Spurs jersey I don't think the Warriors would have the guts to pull Zaza on him due to fear of punishment. I just feel there is a double standard here and it won't change until everybody has a healthy amount of fear they are not going to be protected regardless of where they play.

Then, after the season, they all divvy up the money and say "let's do it again next year".

Brazil
05-06-2022, 02:07 PM
That's a hard foul but he had no intention to injure payton tbh... so you give one or two games suspension.

That's not comparable a metta world peace trying to kill harden or zaza who clearly wanted to end kawi career.

Millennial_Messiah
05-07-2022, 05:13 PM
anthrax, so the golden showers faggots would finally die

ambchang
05-08-2022, 06:56 AM
So what happens to Jordan pools now? Kerr awfully quiet.

daslicer
05-08-2022, 10:46 AM
So what happens to Jordan pools now? Kerr awfully quiet.

Jordan won't get suspended because the Warriors are media darlings and the league also loves them. Kerr is now saying it wasn't intentional and Jordan is not a dirty player.