PDA

View Full Version : Mavs: Doncic Should Be MVP

DMC
05-04-2022, 10:45 PM
This guy carries this team offensively. Its disgusting to see him have 27pts and the rest of the starters combine for 8. How can a team expect to compete like that? Saw the same last game. It's like his teammates are JV players.

Dirks_Finale
05-05-2022, 02:49 AM
Good news is that someone other than Dallas will be giving Brunson his max deal now..

Thanos
05-05-2022, 07:12 AM
Unfortunately he gave away as much as he created. CP3 torching him on defense in the 4th was like watching a public execution :lol

As talented as Luka is, he’s never going to be more than a second round flameout unless he takes his offseasons seriously, loses weight, and drastically improves his conditioning. He does this all the time, play brilliantly for 3 quarters, get all red-faced by the 4th, and then he’s just letting defenders blow by him on defense and using 18 seconds of the shot clock on offense dribbling up top to catch his breath.

SAGirl
05-05-2022, 07:16 AM
^ It does look like he’s tired a lot, and barely has anything left for the fourth quarter. Lacks endurance and stamina to play both ends. In that he’s like an old past his prime star player, and he’s too young for that. I agree that being in better physical shape would help.

Thanos
05-05-2022, 07:21 AM
And at this point you have to retain Brunson whatever the cost is. You don’t have the cap space to replace him if he leaves. As bad as Brunson’s been this series, he’s one of the few decent assets the Mavericks have, and losing him for nothing would be a disaster.

JamStone
05-05-2022, 08:43 AM
Good news is that someone other than Dallas will be giving Brunson his max deal now..

Doubtful. If someone were to outbid Cuban, highly unlikely it will be by making a max contract offer. And doubtful his play in this round has inspired teams to up their contract offers to max level offers.

From NBA rumors and analysts, sounds like his free agent stock is right around $80M/4. Ceiling probably $100M/4. I think Cuban matches a deal in the $80M range. I think he strongly considers matching a $100M deal as well, but maybe let’s him walk at that price tag.

What Cuban has to do is find some team to take on Hardaway’s contract, maybe package Powell too if any team out there is desperate or dumb enough. Brunson is more valuable than either THJ or Dinwiddie, on the court and as an asset. He’s the guy you keep. Find a way to dump THJ and Powell. I know that’s not an easy thing to do. But that’s the play.

Neo.
05-05-2022, 09:23 AM
yep cubes screwed up mightily. they have to pay brunson and pay him whatever he wants basically. then try to make things happen on the trade market.

baseline bum
05-05-2022, 10:20 AM
As talented as Luka is, he’s never going to be more than a second round flameout unless he takes his offseasons seriously, loses weight, and drastically improves his conditioning. He does this all the time, play brilliantly for 3 quarters, get all red-faced by the 4th, and then he’s just letting defenders blow by him on defense and using 18 seconds of the shot clock on offense dribbling up top to catch his breath.

I don't know, same shit used to happen to Duncan against the Lakers in the early 00s where he'd play ridiculous through three quarters but couldn't carry the load by himself in the fourth and it wasn't conditioning, it was just matching up against a title contender with more weapons so they wouldn't have to ride their one horse into the ground.

Neo.
05-05-2022, 11:58 AM
I don't know, same shit used to happen to Duncan against the Lakers in the early 00s where he'd play ridiculous through three quarters but couldn't carry the load by himself in the fourth and it wasn't conditioning, it was just matching up against a title contender with more weapons so they wouldn't have to ride their one horse into the ground.

this is definitely true too, but luka definitely needs to lose weight just for the defensive aspect. he is a generally underrated defender, but quick, shifty guards have always been his kryptonite, which CP3 is exposing. the better fitness and lighter weight should help tremendously

KobesAchilles
05-05-2022, 12:55 PM
I’d rather have Luka than Jokic. I hear that people are saying shit like Luka is gassed and outta shape but if this is him outta shape, can you imagine what he will be like in shape? As George Takei would say: “oh my.”

Dirks_Finale
05-05-2022, 08:55 PM
Doubtful. If someone were to outbid Cuban, highly unlikely it will be by making a max contract offer. And doubtful his play in this round has inspired teams to up their contract offers to max level offers.

From NBA rumors and analysts, sounds like his free agent stock is right around $80M/4. Ceiling probably $100M/4. I think Cuban matches a deal in the $80M range. I think he strongly considers matching a $100M deal as well, but maybe let’s him walk at that price tag.

What Cuban has to do is find some team to take on Hardaway’s contract, maybe package Powell too if any team out there is desperate or dumb enough. Brunson is more valuable than either THJ or Dinwiddie, on the court and as an asset. He’s the guy you keep. Find a way to dump THJ and Powell. I know that’s not an easy thing to do. But that’s the play.

Yeah I agree with ya on moving those 2, but that's damn near impossible :lol

And when Dinwiddie was featured more the guy had some serious clutch moments. I still wonder if he can be our 2nd fiddle to Luka if given more opportunities.

Dirks_Finale
05-05-2022, 09:00 PM
I’d rather have Luka than Jokic. I hear that people are saying shit like Luka is gassed and outta shape but if this is him outta shape, can you imagine what he will be like in shape? As George Takei would say: “oh my.”

Or Skip claiming that Luka is not a superstar :lol. Dumbest take he has ever offered.

But the critics who slam him on conditioning are correct. This is an annual thing for him now. Show up to camp fat and out of shape. When confronted just brush it off and say I have never been a muscular guy. It's just unacceptable. My criticism of Lebron is well documented here, but he sets the bar for conditioning and Luka is currently not in his stratosphere.

Texas_Ranger
05-05-2022, 09:30 PM
he should be in better shape this year, as he will have international ball in september. Last year he had too much time off after the olympics.
And Dallas also has to do a great job in the offseason. If they go in the season with this team full of role players they wont be in the top 4 anymore, especially with the Clippers coming back, the rise of the Pelicans and Denver also getting healthy.

DMC
05-05-2022, 10:55 PM
BB is correct. You cannot expect Luka to carry the team for 4 quarters. Someone has to step up on offense. You know he's a big guy with a big body, and he's not going to suddenly become Lebron James on conditioning. He's going to be winded by the 4th. He's probably never going to be a stellar defender but he's serviceable and not many people (if anyone) can Keep Paul in front of them. CP has made a career of being able to go around people.

I'd not be surprised to see Luka look elsewhere if Cuban is too cheap to put real talent around him, and I don't mean the Spurs style "diamond in the rough" hunt that bleeds critical years from your super star to save the owner money.

DMC
05-05-2022, 10:57 PM
he should be in better shape this year, as he will have international ball in september. Last year he had too much time off after the olympics.
And Dallas also has to do a great job in the offseason. If they go in the season with this team full of role players they wont be in the top 4 anymore, especially with the Clippers coming back, the rise of the Pelicans and Denver also getting healthy.

They are in the 2nd round because of Luka. I don't see any reason they cannot get back to the playoffs if he's healthy. Role players are everywhere.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
05-07-2022, 09:39 AM
My criticism of Lebron is well documented here

:lol

Killakobe81
05-07-2022, 09:47 AM

Well Brunson had a great game last night so he helped redeem some of that perceived lost value from games 1-2. Agreed they should keep him guys that win consistently on every level you want guys like that. Problem is I don’t believe him or Dinwiddie is a #2 on a championship team. Paying a guy who is having his Fred van fleet moment … is always dicey. I think he might be better than FVL but you risk making same mistake Mavs just did with THjr or whomever first paid Dinwiddie. If price is to high I try to sign and trade or if you do keep him at a crazy cost I look to deal him quick and hope he doesn’t depreciate before I do. Paying above average player star money is how you stay mired in mediocrity.
Luka deserves better.
Do agree that conditioning diet need to be a top priority but crazy how good this kid is early … another thing he has in common with a certain other melanin challenged superstar …

JamStone
05-07-2022, 10:12 AM
$20-25 million a year is not #2 money in the NBA. On a playoff competing team, a legitimate contending team, $20-25 million per is your 4th highest paid player. It’s Draymond or Marcus Smart, Aaron Gordon money. Good players, starters, maybe even fringe all star caliber talent. But not #1s or #2s. Franchise stars are making over $40 million per now, and hell, it’s approaching $50M per. #2s are getting $30-35 million per or more. On Milwaukee, Boston, Miami, $20-25 million per would be the 4th highest paid player on the roster. On Golden State, it would be the 5th highest roster player.

The NBA financial landscape changes every few years, grows with inflation. The MLE averages to around $11 million per. That’s an MLE caliber player. Like a 5th starter or a 20 minute bench guy. Role players, even off the bench, make $17-20 million per. Gallinari makes over $20 million per to come off the bench. Dinwiddie $18M per, Hardaway Jr. over $19M per, both are bench players, part-time starters.

Paying Brunson a $20-25M per deal is not paying him to be a #2, or it shouldn’t be. It’s market value these days.

Spurminator
05-07-2022, 10:26 AM
Yeah I agree with ya on moving those 2, but that's damn near impossible :lol

And when Dinwiddie was featured more the guy had some serious clutch moments. I still wonder if he can be our 2nd fiddle to Luka if given more opportunities.

So on the one hand, you were ready to give up Jalen Brunson after two bad games against the best team in the NBA, despite the fact that he dominated round one.

But you are ready to hand Spencer Dinwiddie, who has underperformed in the Playoffs at best (and been a complete no-show at worst) the second fiddle?

Spurminator
05-07-2022, 10:36 AM
I think the Mavs can win a championship as currently assembled. I wouldn't mess with it too much. Luka and Brunson are still on the way up and the chemistry is near perfect right now. I'd even keep Theo Pinson for the cheerleading and trash talking. Keep shuffling in good shooters who can defend the 3, maybe get a big with a little more length and range than Powell, but the pieces are there.

Neo.
05-07-2022, 12:18 PM
$20-25 million a year is not #2 money in the NBA. On a playoff competing team, a legitimate contending team, $20-25 million per is your 4th highest paid player. It’s Draymond or Marcus Smart, Aaron Gordon money. Good players, starters, maybe even fringe all star caliber talent. But not #1s or #2s. Franchise stars are making over $40 million per now, and hell, it’s approaching $50M per. #2s are getting $30-35 million per or more. On Milwaukee, Boston, Miami, $20-25 million per would be the 4th highest paid player on the roster. On Golden State, it would be the 5th highest roster player.

The NBA financial landscape changes every few years, grows with inflation. The MLE averages to around $11 million per. That’s an MLE caliber player. Like a 5th starter or a 20 minute bench guy. Role players, even off the bench, make $17-20 million per. Gallinari makes over $20 million per to come off the bench. Dinwiddie $18M per, Hardaway Jr. over $19M per, both are bench players, part-time starters.

Paying Brunson a $20-25M per deal is not paying him to be a #2, or it shouldn’t be. It’s market value these days.

yep this

Neo.
05-07-2022, 12:20 PM
I think the Mavs can win a championship as currently assembled. I wouldn't mess with it too much. Luka and Brunson are still on the way up and the chemistry is near perfect right now. I'd even keep Theo Pinson for the cheerleading and trash talking. Keep shuffling in good shooters who can defend the 3, maybe get a big with a little more length and range than Powell, but the pieces are there.

they aren't as far off as some people suggest, mostly because Luka is just that good.

but replacing Powell with a better big is definitely a priority and can really push them from being a dark horse contender to a favorite

Killakobe81
05-07-2022, 01:00 PM

Draymond is the only one on a championship level squad you mentioned…which further proves my point.Look at the other examples including two from the Mavs?! Fine, agreed $25 million plus isn’t crushing if your books are in order but Draymond makes the third or 4th salary on the Warriors because he legit has proven to be the 3rd best player on an elite team. If Brunson gets 25 million to have a similar role especially if the #2 is much better than he is it can work. But his pops is talking more and though I like him a lot I’m not paying it. This seems to be the current theme market value I hear the same argument for Dak … no I’m not paying significantly over what someone is worth regardless of mistakes made by other teams. Fuck that. Especially if my team is not close … and no this team (not you that said this) cannot win as constructed gtfoh.

Killakobe81
05-07-2022, 01:01 PM
they aren't as far off as some people suggest, mostly because Luka is just that good.

but replacing Powell with a better big is definitely a priority and can really push them from being a dark horse contender to a favorite
Agree with Luka part strongly disagree with the rest they need a big and a legit #2

Neither grows on trees

Texas_Ranger
05-07-2022, 01:15 PM
Agree with Luka part strongly disagree with the rest they need a big and a legit #2

Neither grows on trees

the big should be a priority. The fact that they are this good with shit like Powell and a very inconsistent Kleber is already a miracle. I also dont believe Brunson is good enough to be a #2 on a championship team, so a sign and trade for a big should be in Cuban's mind. Myles Turner and Capela would be guys that they could get and make that position better. I have no idea how they will get a second all star tho. Bertans and Dinwiddie's contracts are almost impossible to trade, so they are fucked with those, probably for at least another year... They should also keep Bullock and DFS, as i think they are solid role players, but other than that, theres not much in the team for keeping.... If they go into the next season with the same roster they wont be in top 4, cause the Clippers and Denver at full strenght are just better. Not even Luka can change that.
It just came to my mind, a guy like CJ McCollum would help. I always said Klay would be a perfect Luka teammate, but thats impossible.

Killakobe81
05-07-2022, 02:07 PM
the big should be a priority. The fact that they are this good with shit like Powell and a very inconsistent Kleber is already a miracle. I also dont believe Brunson is good enough to be a #2 on a championship team, so a sign and trade for a big should be in Cuban's mind. Myles Turner and Capela would be guys that they could get and make that position better. I have no idea how they will get a second all star tho. Bertans and Dinwiddie's contracts are almost impossible to trade, so they are fucked with those, probably for at least another year... They should also keep Bullock and DFS, as i think they are solid role players, but other than that, theres not much in the team for keeping.... If they go into the next season with the same roster they wont be in top 4, cause the Clippers and Denver at full strenght are just better. Not even Luka can change that.
It just came to my mind, a guy like CJ McCollum would help. I always said Klay would be a perfect Luka teammate, but thats impossible.

The good news for the Mavs you don’t need a Staaaaacked team just a better balanced one. Bucks weren’t stacked last year but roles were defined and the only guys making $20 million or more iirc were Giannis Middleton and Jrue. Their 4th and 5th starters made $20 million combined. That is the model the Mavs should chase but finding the #2 and #3 is the tricky part. But Because of their two way ability I’d much rather have Jrue or Middleton over anything on the Mavs roster. Brunson should have a Lopez type salary (with a bump due to age) but can’t tell me he worth double Lopez salary and expect Luka to lead that team to a title. He is amazing but not a miracle worker.

DMC
05-07-2022, 02:23 PM

They have nothing to trade but they need 3 and D guys like Klay, only every team values these guys so they aren't that available. They almost have to develop one but Luka might not be up for that wait.

Texas_Ranger
05-07-2022, 02:34 PM
They have nothing to trade but they need 3 and D guys like Klay, only every team values these guys so they aren't that available. They almost have to develop one but Luka might not be up for that wait.

thats why the only real option getting a solid player is a S&T with Brunson. And if they can somehow put Hardaway/Dinwiddie in that deal its a win. I think Dallas will still wanna keep Brunson, so they will probably get rid of Hardaway and a pick for a big. But yea, that won't be enough to make the team a champion. Like Killakobe81 metioned, the Bucks system is great, but finding a Middleton and Holiday for Dallas this offseason will be pretty much impossible. Luka will stick around and see what they can build around him, but if after 2 years the roster will still look like this, he will want out.

Killakobe81
05-07-2022, 02:42 PM
Agree with posts above but outside of developing one over paying someone who isn’t 3 and D or a high level #2/3
How does that help them get closer to a title? If they have to overpay a big ti fill that hole understand that too but having Brunson at $25 million plus when added to the Hardaway and Dinwiddie contracts makes a path to a championship seem impossible as constructed. Prime MJ Kareem or LeBron not winning with this roster.

Thanos
05-07-2022, 02:55 PM
If Nico drafts smart then the Mavs will be fine. Poor mid-to-late first round scouting is what has killed this franchise since Nellie left. Unfortunately Cuban will probably interfere and let another crypto bro gambler run his drafts for him.

Thanos
05-07-2022, 02:59 PM
Agree with posts above but outside of developing one over paying someone who isn’t 3 and D or a high level #2/3
How does that help them get closer to a title? If they have to overpay a big ti fill that hole understand that too but having Brunson at $25 million plus when added to the Hardaway and Dinwiddie contracts makes a path to a championship seem impossible as constructed. Prime MJ Kareem or LeBron not winning with this roster.
The only other option is to give Luka a “foot injury” and tank for a year or two to reload like the D-Rob Spurs or Curry Warriors. Losing Brunson for nothing would only be smart if they actually went this route, but there’s no way Luka agrees to it, plus they still owe a first rd pick to NY next year.

Killakobe81
05-07-2022, 03:51 PM
The only other option is to give Luka a “foot injury” and tank for a year or two to reload like the D-Rob Spurs or Curry Warriors. Losing Brunson for nothing would only be smart if they actually went this route, but there’s no way Luka agrees to it, plus they still owe a first rd pick to NY next year.
I say clear the decks even if you have to get 2 quarters on the dollar if it frees up cap space … and doesn’t cost significant draft capital. Luka needs help but the right kind of help is key. He is young I know everyone has put the Mavs FO on a doomsday clock but sometimes you need a step back to move forward. For the record I would prefer to give Brunson $20 million and keep him it’s the thJr and Dinwiddie contracts that I Don’t love. Having all 3 is a major problem.

Dirks_Finale
05-07-2022, 04:06 PM
So on the one hand, you were ready to give up Jalen Brunson after two bad games against the best team in the NBA, despite the fact that he dominated round one.

But you are ready to hand Spencer Dinwiddie, who has underperformed in the Playoffs at best (and been a complete no-show at worst) the second fiddle?

Not a big believer in either one of them. However, I'm sorta biased towards Spencer because he's not a 5'10 pylon to shoot over. Cuban has an unhealthy obsession with midgets, tbh.

Also, let's be real, Utah is a joke. Hard to get excited about Brunson's numbers vs those guys.

Thanos
05-07-2022, 04:14 PM
B:lol:lolker

Killakobe81
05-07-2022, 06:02 PM
Not a big believer in either one of them. However, I'm sorta biased towards Spencer because he's not a 5'10 pylon to shoot over. Cuban has an unhealthy obsession with midgets, tbh.

Also, let's be real, Utah is a joke. Hard to get excited about Brunson's numbers vs those guys.

Facts. I prefer Brunson as far as the “stuff” in his make up but you are not wrong size matters

Spurminator
05-07-2022, 06:10 PM
Having a 5'10 scoring point guard who is a liability against some offenses is not championship deterrent, especially when your team defense is already one of the top in the NBA. If they can get better shot blocking on the interior, Brunson's size isn't as much of an issue.

The Mavs tried the "legit #2" approach with Porzingis. The current approach fits Luka's strengths better and gives him more freedom to operate.

Killakobe81
05-07-2022, 06:25 PM
Having a 5'10 scoring point guard who is a liability against some offenses is not championship deterrent, especially when your team defense is already one of the top in the NBA. If they can get better shot blocking on the interior, Brunson's size isn't as much of an issue.

The Mavs tried the "legit #2" approach with Porzingis. The current approach fits Luka's strengths better and gives him more freedom to operate.

Porzingis was never a legit #2 and was hurt a bunch …hard to say they gave it a try.
Name the under 6 foot scoring guards that were a top 3 player on a championship team while I wait …
Parker Steph Kyrie are all taller than that …
And Mavs team defense is pretty good but it’s not championship caliber.

Texas_Ranger
05-07-2022, 06:39 PM
Porzingis was never a legit #2 and was hurt a bunch …hard to say they gave it a try.
Name the under 6 foot scoring guards that were a top 3 player on a championship team while I wait …

Brunson is not 5'10, but 6'1. Lowry was even smaller and he was a second option on a championship team, even tho that ring was won just cause of injuries.
I'm also all for getting rid of Brunson, if i can get a legit big that can defend and play pnr with Luka. Don't know if the Mavs see it that way tho.

Thanos
05-07-2022, 06:48 PM
I mean you all could have just googled “jalen brunson height” and not looked retarded, but here we are.

Killakobe81
05-07-2022, 06:50 PM
Brunson is not 5'10, but 6'1. Lowry was even smaller and he was a second option on a championship team, even tho that ring was won just cause of injuries.
I'm also all for getting rid of Brunson, if i can get a legit big that can defend and play pnr with Luka. Don't know if the Mavs see it that way tho.

Siakm was the #2 in reality and many playoff games van fleet was the #3
And when Lowry was a #2 they got ran in The playoffs …Kawhi coming pushed him to 3/4 range where he belonged and Brunson could win a title in that spot if a prime Kawhi/Luka is driving with a legit 2
But let’s say Lowry was the #3 his defense was much better than Brunson’s
And if you truly believe Brunson is 6 foot 1 …

Thanos
05-07-2022, 06:51 PM
And yes, the Mavs need a legit #2, and Luka needs to adjust his game to fit in with a legit #2. Heliocentric offense doesn’t win in the playoffs. He has to have some help, and he has to trust them in big games.

Killakobe81
05-07-2022, 06:53 PM
I mean you all could have just googled “jalen brunson height” and not looked retarded, but here we are.

Lol nba height + google so you believe Brunson is legit 6 foot 1? I have seen him here in DFW if he is 6 foot 1 I have magically grew after college because I’m 6 foot and could see the top of his head …

Thanos
05-07-2022, 06:53 PM
Barea is listed at 6’0 but we all know he’s 5’9. Brunson is a good 4 inches taller, making him 6’1

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/jalen-brunson-and-jj-barea-of-the-dallas-mavericks-pose-for-a-during-picture-id1173104414?s=2048x2048

Thanos
05-07-2022, 06:55 PM
Lol nba height + google so you believe Brunson is legit 6 foot 1? I have seen him here in DFW if he is 6 foot 1 I have magically grew after college because I’m 6 foot and could see the top of his head …
I’ll take the NBA combine measurements over somebody on SpursTalk saying “i SaW hIm oNcE!”

Killakobe81
05-07-2022, 06:56 PM
Barea is listed at 6’0 but we all know he’s 5’9. Brunson is a good 4 inches taller, making him 6’1

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/jalen-brunson-and-jj-barea-of-the-dallas-mavericks-pose-for-a-during-picture-id1173104414?s=2048x2048

I’m telling you I have seen him and he maybe 6 foot I had dress shoes on so maybe that made me a few inches taller but he not 6 foot 1 he is not taller than me I seen this dude up close … all these cats lie about their height especially undersized guards

Thanos
05-07-2022, 06:58 PM
I’m telling you I have seen him and he maybe 6 foot I had dress shoes on so maybe that made me a few inches taller but he not 6 foot 1 he is not taller than me I seen this dude up close … all these cats lie about their height especially undersized guards
They measured him at the NBA draft combine, that’s not some Kevin Durant “lie about my height in the press release” figure.

I’m sorry your anecdotal evidence with zero actual measurements isn’t good enough. Take the L and move on.

Killakobe81
05-07-2022, 06:59 PM
I’ll take the NBA combine measurements over somebody on SpursTalk saying “i SaW hIm oNcE!”

Ok fair point maybe I’m really 6 feet and half inch cuz I doubt my shoes were dat high …but he was in slides.

Killakobe81
05-07-2022, 07:00 PM
They measured him at the NBA draft combine, that’s not some Kevin Durant “lie about my height in the press release” figure.

I’m sorry your anecdotal evidence with zero actual measurements isn’t good enough. Take the L and move on.

Relax I just said you made a fair point and dude was in slides …
I already took the L

DMC
05-08-2022, 12:16 AM

They need an outside presence so Doncic can move more freely. Same reason the Warriors needed all the 3pt threats.

Their path as constructed isn't impossible, it would just be lightning in a bottle since most of the team hasn't really displayed that next level yet. If they can keep the Suns shooting under 50% for the series that would be a start, but they have to get there first.

DMC
05-08-2022, 12:17 AM

Did he have his arm around you and were you wearing white pants?

Allan Rowe vs Wade
05-08-2022, 12:47 AM
I had dress shoes on so maybe that made me a few inches taller

da fuk shoes you wear?

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0569/7100/2031/products/product-image-1805866706_2048x2048.jpg

Killakobe81
05-08-2022, 02:57 PM
da fuk shoes you wear?

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0569/7100/2031/products/product-image-1805866706_2048x2048.jpg
Lol nah just saying he was in designer slides I was in work clothes

Killakobe81
05-08-2022, 02:58 PM
They need an outside presence so Doncic can move more freely. Same reason the Warriors needed all the 3pt threats.

Their path as constructed isn't impossible, it would just be lightning in a bottle since most of the team hasn't really displayed that next level yet. If they can keep the Suns shooting under 50% for the series that would be a start, but they have to get there first.
Great points made

Rummpd
05-08-2022, 06:32 PM
Go Mavs no team more despicable than any Chris Paul on with possible exception of the Nets - but they fishing

Killakobe81
05-08-2022, 07:10 PM
Go Mavs no team more despicable than any Chris Paul on with possible exception of the Nets - but they fishing
Maybe Mavs makes all this talk irrelevant but I still think Suns in 7
But rooting for Luka and if he wins this series… Idgaf what you say Baby Bird comparisons becomes even more apt

Rosewood
05-08-2022, 08:31 PM
Doncic is a beast, and fans of other teams better hope he stays "out of shape". He's lighting dudes up regardless.

You can tell a lot of players around the league have beef with him too and he doesn't shy away.

lefty
05-08-2022, 08:47 PM
He’s tough and competitive as well

Neo.
05-08-2022, 08:57 PM
Doncic is a beast, and fans of other teams better hope he stays "out of shape". He's lighting dudes up regardless.

You can tell a lot of players around the league have beef with him too and he doesn't shy away.

tell us more about your "sources" who told you kawhi was signing with the mavs

whats the next move?

DMC
05-08-2022, 10:56 PM

whats the next move?

Cuban would have to invest in Serta, the dude never gets out of rest mode.

Rosewood
05-15-2022, 07:09 PM

whats the next move? lmao i remember that.

it's actually pretty depressing you do. you should get some fresh air within in the next few years.

i truly feel sorry for you.

DMC
05-15-2022, 08:27 PM
Luka is that guy.

Neo.
05-15-2022, 08:55 PM
lmao i remember that.

it's actually pretty depressing you do. you should get some fresh air within in the next few years.

i truly feel sorry for you.

cool attempt to save face for your blatant lies :td

Texas_Ranger
05-15-2022, 09:20 PM
yea, he should have been the MVP. And it shouldnt have been close.

DAF86
05-15-2022, 09:29 PM
yea, he should have been the MVP. And it shouldnt have been close.

Jokic is the rightful winner, by a difference. Doncic doesn't even get in the podium.

Spurminator
05-15-2022, 10:33 PM

Y'all believe me yet?

Spurminator
05-15-2022, 11:22 PM
A team can win championships with a #1 and several players capable of being that particular game's #2, without forcing a #2 role to a specific person. That was the issue with KP. He had to be #2 every game. Now, maybe it's Brunson, maybe it's Dinwiddie, maybe it's DFS, but you just need one. Add an elite defense and this is exactly the formula you need.