PDA

View Full Version : Spurs' 50th Celebration May Include Retro Black Jerseys, Alamodome

Pages : [1] 2

Dex
05-09-2022, 12:28 PM

https://airalamo.com/posts/san-antonio-spurs-50th-anniversary-retro-black-jerseys-alamodome

Seventyniner
05-09-2022, 12:34 PM
'bout damn time!

KingKev
05-09-2022, 01:04 PM
Dope even though they never wore the San Antonio jerseys in the Alamo Dome. I’d love for some version of that to replace the Grey Alternate as those are trash.

I’m hearing they may also test out “Viva” across the chest for market research only :lmao

BatManu20
05-09-2022, 02:11 PM
Yea someone posted a pic of those jerseys on Twitter like 3 months ago saying they had leaked and would be our Throwback Jerseys next year. Didn’t really buy it but didn’t think much of it either.

Two things:

1. If they’re going as far as to play a game in the Alamodome, I assume they’re bringing back the fiesta colored court? Cause that would be pretty sick.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/v0QkyUK8LL4/maxresdefault.jpg

2. While I love the idea of bringing back the George Gervin-era black uni’s, if they’re playing that game in the Alamodome, why not just wear the the classic 90’s jerseys that the Spurs actually wore while they played in the Alamodome… would make more sense tbh. Not bitching, I’m just sayin’.

https://64.media.tumblr.com/50ca51ff0538a592f9bc4b01ae2e7cb7/tumblr_q7u90rdp4j1uf9qj8o1_1280.jpg

BatManu20
05-09-2022, 02:23 PM
Here’s the tweet I saw. Apparently they leaked from UniWatch who are actually pretty legit when it comes to uniform updates so decent chance it’s true tbh.

BatManu20
05-09-2022, 02:27 PM
The teal uniforms look like a tribute to the iconic 1996 NBA All-Star uniforms from when San Antonio hosted All-Star Weekend that year. Similar font and number style. Probably the best and most popular All-Star throwback jersey in existence tbh.

https://d1l5jyrrh5eluf.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/MJ-MN-SOCIAL.jpg

KingKev
05-09-2022, 02:38 PM
Yea someone posted a pic of those jerseys on Twitter like 3 months ago saying they had leaked and would be our Throwback Jerseys next year. Didn’t really buy it but didn’t think much of it either.

Two things:

1. If they’re going as far as to play a game in the Alamodome, I assume they’re bringing back the fiesta colored court? Cause that would be pretty sick.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/v0QkyUK8LL4/maxresdefault.jpg

2. While I love the idea of bringing back the George Gervin-era black uni’s, if they’re playing that game in the Alamodome, why not just wear the the classic 90’s jerseys that the Spurs actually wore while they played in the Alamodome… would make more sense tbh. Not bitching, I’m just sayin’.

https://64.media.tumblr.com/50ca51ff0538a592f9bc4b01ae2e7cb7/tumblr_q7u90rdp4j1uf9qj8o1_1280.jpg

I second this. Nostalgia for the Alamodome needs to bring you back to that era.

Seventyniner
05-09-2022, 03:08 PM
Why not both? The Spurs will play 82 games, that's plenty to wear both the 90s throwback and the black-on-black SAN ANTONIO jerseys at some point.

I do agree that the 90s version should be worn at the Alamodome.

Leetonidas
05-09-2022, 03:47 PM
Here’s the tweet I saw. Apparently they leaked from UniWatch who are actually pretty legit when it comes to uniform updates so decent chance it’s true tbh.

Not sure I like the teal ones but man those black ones are fresh, i've been wanting them to do a throwback to the Gervin era San antonio jerseys forever. hope it's real!!

DJR210
05-09-2022, 04:01 PM
The teal uniforms look like a tribute to the iconic 1996 NBA All-Star uniforms from when San Antonio hosted All-Star Weekend that year. Similar font and number style. Probably the best and most popular All-Star throwback jersey in existence tbh.

https://d1l5jyrrh5eluf.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/MJ-MN-SOCIAL.jpg

That jersey is stupid hard

exstatic
05-09-2022, 04:54 PM
If the criteria is that the jersey must match the venue where it originated, then we'll never wear the black San Antonio jerseys, since the HemisFair arena has been torn down.

KingKev
05-09-2022, 05:17 PM
If the criteria is that the jersey must match the venue where it originated, then we'll never wear the black San Antonio jerseys, since the HemisFair arena has been torn down.

San Antonio across the chest should be a mainstay alternate no doubt. If you are having two games a year at thee Alamodome I’d argue to really bring us back to the 90’s is all. Right down to the bleachers and the curtain separating the rest of the building!!

baseline bum
05-09-2022, 05:25 PM
I like the idea of a teal jersey, but the font is pretty ugly on that one. Also definitely hope to be picking up a Banchero black on black next season.

baseline bum
05-09-2022, 05:36 PM
Don't get the point of playing in the Alamodome though. That's such a terrible basketball arena. And are they going to do that against the Lakers so we can have 25,000 Laker fans and 10,000 Spurs fans at the game? If not they'd have to bring back the 96-97 specials where when Vancouver came to town you could get a free ticket to the game by showing up at the Dome with a Coke can. Otherwise don't see how they're filling 35,000 seats.

scott
05-09-2022, 05:54 PM
Some Alamodome employee pissed off because he has to go find where they stored that giant ass curtain.

baseline bum
05-09-2022, 05:55 PM
Some Alamodome employee pissed off because he has to go find where they stored that giant ass curtain.

I should apply though just to work the water cannon.

TDomination
05-09-2022, 07:00 PM
I should apply though just to work the water cannon.
Yes!!! Bring back the water cannons! Best game ever

KingKev
05-09-2022, 07:03 PM
I remember basically sitting shoulder against the curtain in the 300s for game 1 of the 99’ Finals Knicks Spurs. 35’000 fans deep!

heyheymymy
05-09-2022, 07:20 PM
I did the 08 Elite Eight and Final Four at the Alamodome an man that is a bad venue for basketball.

heyheymymy
05-09-2022, 07:21 PM
Whoops that Elite 8 might've been another year

Maddog
05-09-2022, 07:24 PM
https://a.espncdn.com/photo/2013/0614/grant_g_iceman_cr_576.jpg

GAustex
05-09-2022, 09:05 PM

Them unis should be worn a couple times EVERY year

GAustex
05-09-2022, 09:06 PM
Such a shame the Snake hurt his knee

BatManu20
05-10-2022, 12:08 PM
Bring back these atrocities too while we’re at it :lol

https://www.si.com/.image/t_share/MTY4MTg1NjU3MTczODEyNDk3/ugly-nba-jersey-spurs.jpg

BatManu20
05-10-2022, 12:15 PM
I did the 08 Elite Eight and Final Four at the Alamodome an man that is a bad venue for basketball.

The Final Four will be in San Antonio again in 3 years too.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DiP763ZXkAYGN4W?format=jpg&name=900x900

rjv
05-10-2022, 12:40 PM
i have no problem with a game at the alamodome but i'm really hoping that they do the retro spurs jerseys.

rjv
05-10-2022, 12:43 PM
The Final Four will be in San Antonio again in 3 years too.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DiP763ZXkAYGN4W?format=jpg&name=900x900

while the alamodome is not the greatest facility, it's a good size for the final four. what really sells SA for the final four is the location, something lost on nelson wolff when he decided to place the AT&T center in an isolated area. reporters, coaches and fans all love the amount of hotels and restaurants are well within walking distance of the alamodome. the weather helps too.

heyheymymy
05-10-2022, 03:22 PM
good to see SA getting another Final Four coming up. I will say in favor of the Alamodome is the logistics are fantastic it's just one your inside for the game that the layout and how vacuous the building is becomes a draw back.

I was living in stone oak and drove to what must've been rolling oaks for an official city bus park and ride for the event. then the Alamodome has these perfect transit unloading bays with stairs up to the venue. pretty sweet setup. I remember pouring out after the game and winding up on the riverwalk which was a crazy celebration. very smooth operation.

Also remember lol the 2007 NBA Championship Parade being on the Riverwalk with the players in boat floats on a river parade. That was the wildest party man we got our spot on the riverwalk early with a bag full of booze and partied all day long. After the parade the team invited everyone to the Alamodome for a reception party and we all just walked straight there from the riverwalk.

Pretty nice logistics all right there with the restaurants and hotels and a great pedestrian path between the two, not a bad footprint if you were looking to leave the ATT Center at some point.

exstatic
05-10-2022, 03:29 PM
good to see SA getting another Final Four coming up. I will say in favor of the Alamodome is the logistics are fantastic it's just one your inside for the game that the layout and how vacuous the building is becomes a draw back.

I was living in stone oak and drove to what must've been rolling oaks for an official city bus park and ride for the event. then the Alamodome has these perfect transit unloading bays with stairs up to the venue. pretty sweet setup. I remember pouring out after the game and winding up on the riverwalk which was a crazy celebration. very smooth operation.

Also remember lol the 2007 NBA Championship Parade being on the Riverwalk with the players in boat floats on a river parade. That was the wildest party man we got our spot on the riverwalk early with a bag full of booze and partied all day long. After the parade the team invited everyone to the Alamodome for a reception party and we all just walked straight there from the riverwalk.

Pretty nice logistics all right there with the restaurants and hotels and a great pedestrian path between the two, not a bad footprint if you were looking to leave the ATT Center at some point.

Leave the ATT for that drafty barn? They left that barn for the ATT, and have never looked back. You may not like it, but I assure you that the Spurs like all of the luxury boxes, and they like actually owning the concessions, not watching Red McCombs run off with that money every game, even after he sold the team. Things were so bad that the Spurs had to borrow money, like $6M, from Sean Elliott just to stay afloat for the last year or two. They're never moving back there.

heyheymymy
05-10-2022, 03:38 PM
I've always thought the Alamodome footprint is viable logistics wise but the issue is the facility would obvs be completely renovated and modernized which if you wanted out of the ATT Center and were looking at options that might be within the realm of consideration but I know it's trickier than that with building codes and tons of city stuff to need to work out, money and even interest in doing so.

But ATT is out on an island and the development never crept outward like possibly hoped and I wonder what's on the table long term in at least a preliminary survey of options moving forward not that I think anyone is seriously considering a move currently or that there are any real talks going on now.

exstatic
05-10-2022, 03:50 PM
I've always thought the Alamodome footprint is viable logistics wise but the issue is the facility would obvs be completely renovated and modernized which if you wanted out of the ATT Center and were looking at options that might be within the realm of consideration but I know it's trickier than that with building codes and tons of city stuff to need to work out, money and even interest in doing so.

But ATT is out on an island and the development never crept outward like possibly hoped and I wonder what's on the table long term in at least a preliminary survey of options moving forward not that I think anyone is seriously considering a move currently or that there are any real talks going on now.

Red McCombs owns all of the concessions in the Alamodome. He will until it's knocked down. Do you understand what that means to any pro team, basketball or football?

It's also a massively shitty place to watch basketball. All of the seat sight lines are designed to look at the 50 yard line, and that's behind the big ugly blue curtain. It's a football stadium. They do put money into it, and renovate it from time to time, but that's not going to stop it from being a football stadium. The Spurs are never moving back there.

ChumpDumper
05-10-2022, 05:06 PM
while the alamodome is not the greatest facility, it's a good size for the final four. what really sells SA for the final four is the location, something lost on nelson wolff when he decided to place the AT&T center in an isolated area. reporters, coaches and fans all love the amount of hotels and restaurants are well within walking distance of the alamodome. the weather helps too.

Once the city refused to subsidize the Spurs to their liking, the county stepped in and offered the land around Freeman Coliseum for an arena as part of their deal. It's pretty much the only reason the Spurs stayed in town. It will be nice if a new arena is built downtown in the future.

exstatic
05-10-2022, 05:21 PM
Once the city refused to subsidize the Spurs to their liking, the county stepped in and offered the land around Freeman Coliseum for an arena as part of their deal. It's pretty much the only reason the Spurs stayed in town. It will be nice if a new arena is built downtown in the future.

I have no objections to downtown, just the Alamodome itself.

KingKev
05-10-2022, 05:23 PM

Correct me if I’m wrong as the last time I was in town was probably 2013 but the downtown core of San Antonio appears to me atleast as VERY easy to build in and around. Most major downtown cores are insanely congested these days and still have no problem building.

ChumpDumper
05-10-2022, 05:31 PM
Correct me if I’m wrong as the last time I was in town was probably 2013 but the downtown core of San Antonio appears to me atleast as VERY easy to build in and around. Most major downtown cores are insanely congested these days and still have no problem building.Building downtown isn't the problem -- it's finding the land downtown to build upon. Fortunately(?) SA has a couple of sites that could be available when the time comes.

KingKev
05-10-2022, 05:35 PM
Building downtown isn't the problem -- it's finding the land downtown to build upon. Fortunately(?) SA has a couple of sites that could be available when the time comes.

Understood. I’m sure there is land available for the right price.

bigfan
05-10-2022, 06:04 PM
Nothing between E. Nueva and Villita streets west of Navarro except parking lots. Right on the Riverwalk. Thats where it should be, anyway.

rascal
05-13-2022, 08:25 AM
Fiesta color jerseys should never be worn again.

Go back to the black on blacks.

KingKev
05-13-2022, 08:47 AM

All versions of the camo jerseys and grey alternates should be burned.

Dex
05-13-2022, 08:52 AM

Por que no los dos!

I love the white Fiesta jerseys and actually just picked up a Ginobili one.

Bur yeah, we need a black on black and hopefully it shows up this season.

Dex
05-13-2022, 08:56 AM
All versions of the camo jerseys and grey alternates should be burned.

This. We should have standard white, standard black, Fiesta, and throwback. Boom, done.

KingKev
05-13-2022, 09:07 AM
This. We should have standard white, standard black, Fiesta, and throwback. Boom, done.

Agreed last two years city editions were great. A throwback to San Antonio actoss the chest from the early days would be welcomed and I also think San Antonio across the chest could be a cool tweak to the 23’ city edition

rascal
05-13-2022, 09:19 AM
Por que no los dos!

I love the white Fiesta jerseys and actually just picked up a Ginobili one.

Bur yeah, we need a black on black and hopefully it shows up this season.

The Fiesta colors kills the silver and black image whenever they are worn, they are just weak in appearance, no to pink and teal.

Dex
05-13-2022, 09:39 AM
The Fiesta colors kills the silver and black image whenever they are worn, they are just weak in appearance, no to pink and teal.

:rolleyes OK Boomer

Seventyniner
05-13-2022, 10:36 AM
We all have opinions on jerseys. Some more popular than others.

I didn't like this year's Fiesta uniforms at all. Once someone said "You know what the Miami Dolphins color scheme is missing? Pink.", I couldn't unsee it.

I still watched the team the same as I did when they wore other uniforms. But I'm really looking forward to the black-on-black throwback. Been waiting for that for a long damn time.

BatManu20
05-13-2022, 06:14 PM
:cry

jjspur
05-13-2022, 06:14 PM
Might see this on the floor next season Would be a nice touch. Maybe a patch on the uniform as well.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FSpcsqRWAAE5fBU?format=jpg

offset formation
05-13-2022, 10:14 PM

At the dry cleaners

spurs1990
05-13-2022, 10:39 PM

They’re okay. Lots of young heads online started to think the 90s teams had fiesta jerseys and not just warmups. I prefer homage to how the franchise actually wore their jerseys before most of us even knew of the team. Starting off is the San Antonio emblazoned jerseys that evidently were worn from the late 1970s to the 1988-1989 season.

Why they waited over 30 years to put the city name on the jersey is inexplicable.

https://www.sportspaper.info/basketball/nba/seasons/1987-88/images/nba-media-guide_san-antonio-spurs_1987-88.jpg

KingKev
05-14-2022, 05:47 AM
^ much prefer the earlier black with San Antonio in written white outline. The jersey above looks like white duct tape lol

BatManu20
06-06-2022, 09:33 AM

Biggems
06-06-2022, 01:22 PM

This should be our permanent road jerseys. These are fucking awesome. Spurs at home, San Antonio on the road....

Biggems
06-06-2022, 01:29 PM
The jerseys I hate are the Los Spurs for Hispanic awareness month. What a slap in the face to the spanish speaking culture.....if you are going to do it, do it right. The jersey should say Las Espuelas or simply Espuelas.

Since Espuelas, spanish for spurs, has a "u" in it, you can still do the spurs logo right in the middle of the word.

I thought the fiesta uniforms were ok, but I saw some better designs in SpursTalk but I cannot remember which thread.

I am probably one of the few that like the gray jerseys. I am also ok with the camo jerseys, although I think they would be better in black, gray, and white camo.

Dex
06-06-2022, 03:48 PM

Looks good...took long enough!

Would've been cooler if we had these before Brooklyn totally jacked our style

Das Texan
06-06-2022, 08:46 PM

FUCK

I think I just jizzed my pants!

KingKev
06-07-2022, 03:21 AM
FUCK

I think I just jizzed my pants!

haha you said what I was thinking. That is a slick jersey.

spurs1990
06-07-2022, 01:37 PM
I think he is just a designer doing fun mocks.

He posted a leaked catalog in February of all 2023 designs which has both the Gervin era San Antonio throwbacks and a 1996 All Star version adopted for the Spurs.

These are 99% happening next season

John B
06-07-2022, 02:06 PM
I think they should do it and give these younger team their own identity, granted it was a classic Gervin era. Still it’s not the silver and black donned by the Big 3.

Dex
06-14-2022, 08:30 AM
High def of the new Fiesta concept:

https://i.imgur.com/2HGWC42.jpg

BatManu20
06-14-2022, 08:40 AM
Hope the font looks better in person tbh.

Dex
06-14-2022, 08:51 AM
Hope the font looks better in person tbh.

Yeah I'm not crazy about it either. I know the number font is a throwback to the old SA All-Star jersey but it all just feels very...cartoony.

I much prefer the white Fiesta jerseys.

exstatic
06-14-2022, 09:16 AM
My Gervin and Gilmore throwbacks will be LIT.

RC_Drunkford
06-14-2022, 04:38 PM
High def of the new Fiesta concept:

https://i.imgur.com/2HGWC42.jpg

whoever does the designs for the Spurs needs to be fired

slick'81
06-14-2022, 06:20 PM
Those jerseys are shit. They completely fcked up the allstar remake

Seventyniner
06-14-2022, 06:34 PM
If you're gonna go this direction you gotta have the giant pink jalapeño. And much bigger team name/number.

ace3g
06-18-2022, 06:00 PM
https://twitter.com/spurs/status/1537585821577924608

Maddog
06-18-2022, 06:40 PM
My Gervin and Gilmore throwbacks will be LIT.

I got my Billy Paultz aka the whopper jersey ready

Ditty
06-18-2022, 07:05 PM
Yeah not a big fan of the font. If it’s just normal font it’s a solid jersey.

baseline bum
06-18-2022, 07:16 PM
Can't believe they're bringing back those teal Pistons jerseys from the Grant Hill era. Only worse jerseys I have seen than those were the blue and white Rockets pajama jerseys from before they got Yao.

T Park
06-18-2022, 08:42 PM
Which the rockets brought back last year

KingKev
06-19-2022, 06:57 AM
Can't believe they're bringing back those teal Pistons jerseys from the Grant Hill era. Only worse jerseys I have seen than those were the blue and white Rockets pajama jerseys from before they got Yao.

For better or worse they are nostalgic for some. Those Pistons jerseys were probably one of the first extreme colourful in your face canvasses teams started to roll out in the mid 90s.

I noticed today the Jazz are committing to Purple again and those terrible late Malone/Stockton era clown suits:

https://bleacherreport.com/post/nba/9f05f96f-4cb4-4e7d-a818-407c42efd9b7

BatManu20
06-25-2022, 03:32 PM
Spurs will reportedly wear these as a surprise 4th uniform for next season and they’re pretty bad imo. Using that shitty new logo everyone hates.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FV-T1fSWIAIqPLI?format=jpg&name=medium

slick'81
06-25-2022, 03:40 PM
Spurs will reportedly wear these as a surprise 4th uniform for next season and they’re pretty bad imo. Using that shitty new logo everyone hates.

ymca jersey style puke

RC_Drunkford
06-25-2022, 03:41 PM
Does that mean we don’t get the George Gervin retroes? This franchise smh

BatManu20
06-25-2022, 04:04 PM
Does that mean we don’t get the George Gervin retroes? This franchise smh

No we’re still getting those. This will reportedly be the third alternate Jersey, along with the George Gervin-era classics, and the new teal alternates.

RC_Drunkford
06-25-2022, 04:12 PM
No we’re still getting those. This will reportedly be the third alternate Jersey, along with the George Gervin-era classics, and the new teal alternates.

Oh ok good. This one is terrible though, but still better than those camo unis

KingKev
06-25-2022, 04:35 PM

holy fk those are bad. Not even a jumpman logo can salvage that garbage. Might as well make that the army/navy strip.

GAustex
06-25-2022, 04:46 PM

These units suck

TDMVPDPOY
06-25-2022, 05:00 PM

this looks more like a design for the ladies team then for a mans team...something about it doesnt look right, hence give it to the gleague team

BatManu20
06-26-2022, 02:46 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FVtzFbOXwAIxo8p?format=jpg&name=large

slick'81
06-26-2022, 06:21 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FVtzFbOXwAIxo8p?format=jpg&name=large

that font is hideous

ace3g
07-10-2022, 03:23 PM
https://twitter.com/spurs/status/1546226656603283456

BatManu20
07-10-2022, 03:48 PM
At least we’ll look good missing the Playoffs this season tbh.

J_Paco
07-10-2022, 05:49 PM
At least we’ll look good missing the Playoffs this season tbh.

https://twitter.com/spurs/status/1546226656603283456

About fucking time they rock these jerseys. Wish they would've done it while Timmy, Manu and Tony were around, but I guess I get a Sochan, Vassell or Primo jersey in that look.

KingKev
07-10-2022, 06:31 PM
I’m just happy they waited till after they traded Murray to bring these back…

No coincidence in the timing.

RC_Drunkford
07-10-2022, 06:54 PM
Spurs trying to sell jerseys while having no player that fans want a jersey of on the team

widowmaker
07-10-2022, 08:25 PM
Spurs trying to sell jerseys while having no player that fans want a jersey of on the team

Yeah because the Spurs are a player farm those players don’t last long around here anymore.

BatManu20
07-11-2022, 10:55 AM

BatManu20
07-11-2022, 10:56 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FXZXAbUUUAIvTM1?format=png&name=900x900

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FXZXeN6UsAA7gWN?format=png&name=900x900

BatManu20
07-11-2022, 10:58 AM
These are fire. Should’ve brought the back years ago.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FXZbBYuWIAA2iZD?format=jpg&name=large

BatManu20
07-11-2022, 10:59 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FXZbBYsWYAQWPPU?format=jpg&name=large

BatManu20
07-11-2022, 11:01 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FXZZ5CpX0AAQiNn?format=png&name=large

BatManu20
07-11-2022, 11:03 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FXZWJ1qWAAAPj9Q?format=jpg&name=large

ace3g
07-11-2022, 11:04 AM
Cf4LX7YAyUR

BatManu20
07-11-2022, 11:12 AM

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-11-2022, 11:15 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FXZWJ1qWAAAPj9Q?format=jpg&name=large

Definitely getting one of these throwback jerseys.

RC_Drunkford
07-11-2022, 12:05 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-ScI_ok-P0

DeRozan m8
07-11-2022, 05:58 PM
Honestly, what player is there even to get?

They shipped my boy off to the Suns

Budkin
07-12-2022, 01:25 AM
We’ve been begging for these jerseys for at least a decade. Finally!

Dex
07-12-2022, 10:56 AM
Honestly, what player is there even to get?

They shipped my boy off to the Suns

My plan is just to make a custom Duncan one...maybe a Gervin...then call it a day.

TDomination
07-12-2022, 11:25 AM
i hope they have a duncan, parker or Manu one available.
if not i'll customize like dex mentioned.

spurspl
07-12-2022, 11:38 AM
the worse spurs are as a team the better jersey they choose

spurs1990
07-12-2022, 02:03 PM
Vassell is the best bet of the current crop to last on the roster for a number of years in case this set isn't customizable. But then everyone and their uncle will be repping 24. I'd hope they would keep this design for more than the 2023 season.

John B
07-12-2022, 02:14 PM
I kinda like that Gervin jersey, but I'd look more like somebody's uncle on that :lol

Seventyniner
07-12-2022, 02:44 PM
At least 10 years too late with the explosion of alternate jerseys and such, but better late than never.

ace3g
07-24-2022, 09:55 PM
https://twitter.com/spurs/status/1551398734625476609

SPURt
07-24-2022, 10:33 PM
YESSSS!!! I’m getting a Jakob jersey ASAP!!!

Seventyniner
07-24-2022, 10:53 PM

I would wait until training camp if I were you. Poeltl might get traded before then.

baseline bum
07-24-2022, 11:43 PM
I would wait until training camp if I were you. Poeltl might get traded before then.

Yeah I'd like to get one of these, but who? Keldon seems like the only jersey that would make any sense to buy right now.

spurs1990
07-25-2022, 10:53 AM
One step forward, 10 steps back with these horrific KMart level alts

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FYhHpwHWYAYq4BH?format=jpg&name=large

Dex
07-25-2022, 11:44 AM

Thanks, I hate it.

stephen jackson
07-25-2022, 11:51 AM
Man those are bad

KingKev
07-25-2022, 12:14 PM
Haha those are fitting for your 22-23 Spurs ladies and gents.

Mugen
07-25-2022, 12:15 PM
:lmao

Mugen
07-25-2022, 12:15 PM
Tiago rolling over in his grave after seeing those tbh.

RC_Drunkford
07-25-2022, 12:37 PM

why would you want this ugly ass jersey?

BatManu20
07-25-2022, 12:50 PM
Yea those are ass. Perfect for the tank tbh.

exstatic
07-25-2022, 01:53 PM
Man those are bad

Yeah, I really kinda hate them. They remind me of late 70s early 80s DePaul unis. The kind of southwest design in those side panels looks like ass in gray scale.

rjv
07-25-2022, 02:18 PM
i never thought i'd see anything worse than the camo uniforms.

Mugen
07-25-2022, 02:29 PM
Yeah, I really kinda hate them. They remind me of late 70s early 80s DePaul unis. The kind of southwest design in those side panels looks like ass in gray scale.

ex, this might be the first time I've ever seen you criticize anything about the Spurs tbh :lol

Mugen
07-25-2022, 02:29 PM
Atl Spur get your SniffCrew ass in here and tell everybody how these jersey are fire tbh :lol

baseline bum
07-25-2022, 02:38 PM
Wow those are dogshit. Somebody needs to be fired and blacklisted from future design work for those. Those are right there with the Dallas Mavericks trashbags, the Houston Rockets pajamas, and aqua Detroit Pistons jerseys for the worst I have ever seen in this league.

KingKev
07-25-2022, 02:41 PM
Atl Spur (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=8789) get your SniffCrew ass in here and tell everybody how these jersey are fire tbh :lol

haha he already bought out all the Primo ones. Save some for the rest of us!

Seventyniner
07-25-2022, 02:47 PM
Yeah I'd like to get one of these, but who? Keldon seems like the only jersey that would make any sense to buy right now.

If I were buying one, I'd just go with Duncan. Assuming that's possible. This throwback should have existed a long time ago anyway.

rjv
07-25-2022, 02:53 PM
maybe these uniforms are keeping with pop's recent and spot on reference to texas as a 'shit show'.

DeRozan m8
07-25-2022, 04:58 PM
Man looks like we are getting that blue fiesta jersey too then

Dex
07-25-2022, 05:23 PM
Man looks like we are getting that blue fiesta jersey too then

We finally get our black throwbacks, and chances are we'll only wear them like twice because we'll be rotating with these crappy options

TimDunkem
07-25-2022, 05:31 PM
Atl Spur (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=8789) get your SniffCrew ass in here and tell everybody how these jersey are fire tbh :lol
:lmao

TimDunkem
07-25-2022, 05:32 PM
Wow those are dogshit. Somebody needs to be fired and blacklisted from future design work for those. Those are right there with the Dallas Mavericks trashbags, the Houston Rockets pajamas, and aqua Detroit Pistons jerseys for the worst I have ever seen in this league.
It seriously looks like someone put these together in MS paint. How do these designers get work? Fucking terrible low-effort shit, tbh.

SPURt
07-25-2022, 06:33 PM

what in the AAA? It’s like the design team ran out of ideas so they went back to some old SA Stars WNBA reject designs. Gross.

Biggems
07-25-2022, 06:34 PM
that font is hideous

Your picture of Sochan takes me back to the days of the Worm....blonde hair, tats, and #10....

RC_Drunkford
07-25-2022, 07:48 PM
It seriously looks like someone put these together in MS paint. How do these designers get work? Fucking terrible low-effort shit, tbh.

Spurs FO is trash. Them not being able to hire good graphic designers who everybody can find easily on IG doesn't surprise me one bit. They probably still operate like these are the 90s

Ocotillo
07-25-2022, 08:26 PM
Hey, they came highly recommeded:

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/327/890/be8.gif

heyheymymy
07-25-2022, 09:09 PM
I like that gray southwestern side pattern but the SATX font will take some getting used to.

It sucks that this jersey will replace the gray uniforms Spurs have worn since 2017. Also sucks that those white Fiestas from last year seem gone too. They were pretty slick imo.

There is one more jersey for next season yet to be announced, City Edition.

heyheymymy
07-25-2022, 09:09 PM
So City Edition = teal green Fiesta pattern that was leaked earlier? With the shitty number fonts?

MannyIsGod
07-25-2022, 09:21 PM
Fucking hideous

scott
07-25-2022, 10:44 PM
Embarrassing. Looks like someone in the Graphics Department was playing with ATX Spurs Jersey ideas and some exec saw it as said "my 3 year old liked that one, throw an S on the front so we can use it next season"

LakerHater
07-25-2022, 10:46 PM
Fuckin Terrible... embarrassing

scott
07-25-2022, 10:46 PM
Here are some dope ass jerseys that aren't made by the idiots in the Spurs graphics department:

slick'81
07-26-2022, 01:52 AM
Here are some dope ass jerseys that aren't made by the idiots in the Spurs graphics department:

those last grey ones are fire

DeRozan m8
07-26-2022, 05:38 AM
Im stoked those shitty grey ones are finally gone, they were the most boring jersey in the league

Always despised them...this is actually an improvement...somehow

RC_Drunkford
07-26-2022, 06:17 AM
the Spurs will never make a jersey that's as good as these fan mock ups. This franchise is a joke

widowmaker
07-26-2022, 11:14 AM
Fucking ugly ass jerseys it’ll make it easier not to watch the games next year.

SpurSpike
07-29-2022, 09:18 AM
Man i cant help but think those SATX Jerseys are a small way to transitioning to ATX Jerseys. Not many places in SA call it SATX, we just call it SA here mostly. ATX is kinda an Austin thing...

KingKev
07-29-2022, 09:48 AM
If our team is relocated (which I think is a minute possibility but not imminent) Austin is a soft relocation and an attempt to keep the history alive, while doing a rebrand that encompasses economic benefits and a better arena deal etc. If we get to the point of relocation where it is about new ownership most focused on their investment, I don’t see any appeal in Austin; it’ll be a destination somewhere else much larger and more lucrative. San Antonio vs Austin is just splitting hairs.

Dex
07-29-2022, 10:09 AM
If our team is relocated (which I think is a minute possibility but not imminent) Austin is a soft relocation and an attempt to keep the history alive, while doing a rebrand that encompasses economic benefits and a better arena deal etc. If we get to the point of relocation where it is about new ownership most focused on their investment, I don’t see any appeal in Austin; it’ll be a destination somewhere else much larger and more lucrative. San Antonio vs Austin is just splitting hairs.

Don't get me wrong...IF we get relocated, I would much rather the team move to Austin than Seattle, Vegas, etc.

But yeah, I just don't see the business justification. It's not a big enough move to make waves...it'll just piss off the existing fan base in the hopes of establishing a new one 1-2 hours away. That isn't going to happen quickly.

That said, I think we are all yelling at clouds right now because the Spurs aren't moving.

KingKev
07-29-2022, 10:16 AM
Don't get me wrong...IF we get relocated, I would much rather the team move to Austin than Seattle, Vegas, etc.

But yeah, I just don't see the business justification. It's not a big enough move to make waves...it'll just piss off the existing fan base in the hopes of establishing a new one 1-2 hours away. That isn't going to happen quickly.

That said, I think we are all yelling at clouds right now because the Spurs aren't moving.

https://giphy.com/gifs/moodman-fqtyYcXoDV0X6ss8Mf

BatManu20
09-21-2022, 08:24 PM
Sneak peak at the new City Edition uni’s.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FdOHFIMWYAA7JyF?format=jpg&name=medium

Leetonidas
09-21-2022, 08:31 PM
Sneak peak at the new City Edition uni’s.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FdOHFIMWYAA7JyF?format=jpg&name=medium

What's that logo above the Nike logo?

BatManu20
09-21-2022, 08:39 PM
What's that logo above the Nike logo?

The #6 for Bill Russell. All teams will wear that patch this season.

Leetonidas
09-21-2022, 09:23 PM
The #6 for Bill Russell. All teams will wear that patch this season.

Oh cool, didn't know that. Thanks :tu

heyheymymy
09-21-2022, 10:49 PM
real deal
sex appeal

shit I'm fresher than the color teal

spurs1990
09-22-2022, 12:26 AM
Not feeling the Nascar level patch spreading but hopefully just for one year.
The alts would be so much cleaner if they went back to just the NBA logo 2014 era.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FdOH6i2WIAATjhY?format=jpg&name=large

KingKev
09-22-2022, 03:36 AM
City kit is nice!

ace3g
09-27-2022, 07:11 PM
CjA0OJyr8AN

https://twitter.com/spurs/status/1574942599353606144

ace3g
10-31-2022, 05:11 PM
https://twitter.com/spurs/status/1587194126768001026

Das Texan
10-31-2022, 06:47 PM
https://twitter.com/spurs/status/1587194126768001026

who gets welcomed back first?

Vernon Maxwell or Josh Primo?

That #11 is a fucking toxic number in franchise history apparently.

ace3g
11-09-2022, 10:06 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_WYgnW2SqM

MultiTroll
11-09-2022, 10:57 PM
Bring back some Silver Spurs dancer for the celebration night.

Phaggot Spurs owners and FO.

SPURt
11-10-2022, 12:35 PM

The Warriors looking like trash :lmao:lmao:lmao

RC_Drunkford
11-10-2022, 01:53 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_WYgnW2SqM

good to see some of the forgotten heroes like Malik Rose and Mario Elie :bobo

baseline bum
11-10-2022, 03:43 PM

I like most of the them, but god that Philly jersey is even worse than Golden State's.

ambchang
11-10-2022, 07:11 PM
Phoenix Miami and wolves are terrible. I’m actually OK with the warriors one. Cleveland is pretty bad too.

ace3g
11-19-2022, 01:04 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W721d2BBG-Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vp-d7e-Ksb0

T Park
11-20-2022, 09:50 PM

Good ole Carl Herrera or Mike Wilks

KingKev
11-21-2022, 06:10 AM
good to see some of the forgotten heroes like Malik Rose and Mario Elie :bobo

Rio was a dog!!

ace3g
11-22-2022, 08:24 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N29AtUtNYtQ

MI21
11-22-2022, 08:51 PM

How dare you stain this mans jerseys number!

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/shane-heal-of-the-san-antonio-spurs-drives-to-the-basket-during-the-picture-id2674744?s=2048x2048

heyheymymy
11-22-2022, 09:22 PM
or jaque vaughn with # 11 lol

Ed Helicopter Jones
11-23-2022, 06:18 AM

Definitely the worst. Some of those are pretty bad. The Spurs have one of the better ones.

ace3g
12-01-2022, 06:53 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5Utv4Glipk&list=PLgEqVTC6Nj5yn5UgxJRwMQe0 N0E5U99Rf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxdBiputjJ0&list=PLgEqVTC6Nj5yn5UgxJRwMQe0 N0E5U99Rf&index=6

ace3g
12-05-2022, 06:47 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ey5Pp0_SvMY

daslicer
12-05-2022, 08:30 PM
Qq_zGFfq30M

scott
12-05-2022, 09:43 PM

Are the Spurs the only team on here who's roster is so bad they had to use a retired number for this promo shot?

SPURt
12-06-2022, 09:27 AM
Are the Spurs the only team on here whose roster is so bad they had to use a retired number for this promo shot?
I think so :lol

ace3g
01-28-2023, 02:16 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daCUriKPreo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyCRbRCOer0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUqxqPCQBAA

ace3g
01-28-2023, 02:17 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NbuvPNSqmw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvJfy80oBMo

LakerHater
01-28-2023, 04:29 PM
https://images2.imgbox.com/03/ac/aIebrOTW_o.gif

ace3g
01-31-2023, 05:57 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QThUfviCyU

KingKev
01-31-2023, 06:06 PM
Thanks fir these ace3g (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=2345)

I seldom seek out Spurs content online but these are terrific.

ace3g
02-10-2023, 06:28 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUYlhJ80yso

ace3g
02-16-2023, 06:44 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jEOzIM84iU

ace3g
02-27-2023, 06:45 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWyRTyyx8B0

ace3g
03-05-2023, 03:42 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sb2ZM2gr_ZU

ace3g
03-10-2023, 06:37 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gppJ7QXnHnc

rascal
03-10-2023, 07:49 PM
I remember listening to Terry Stembridge on that first night the Spurs played Oct. 10, 1973.

ace3g
03-13-2023, 05:08 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tnllwt2KnyI

ace3g
03-16-2023, 11:10 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8WO57SM7OA

ace3g
03-17-2023, 05:38 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRWx2lqWe2A

TD 21
03-19-2023, 06:05 PM
^ Pathetic job in the most recent one. If they wanted to wade into the Finals MVP debate, there was a better way to do it than to slander the greatest player in franchise history while coming off as propaganda for another.

Interesting that they failed to do the latter for the former in the '03 championship one, despite him authoring one of the greatest performances in league history.

Gagnrath
03-20-2023, 05:52 PM
^ Pathetic job in the most recent one. If they wanted to wade into the Finals MVP debate, there was a better way to do it than to slander the greatest player in franchise history while coming off as propaganda for another.

Interesting that they failed to do the latter for the former in the '03 championship one, despite him authoring one of the greatest performances in league history.
I think it's kinda sad that by 2030 most NBA fans will not remember Duncan, he will be mentioned but because of his lack of self promotion and accolades he's only going to be remembered by the truly in-depth fans.

barakz21
03-20-2023, 11:50 PM
I think it's kinda sad that by 2030 most NBA fans will not remember Duncan, he will be mentioned but because of his lack of self promotion and accolades he's only going to be remembered by the truly in-depth fans.

Us Spurs fans can do our part by showing our kids highlights. I mean, how cool would that be if my future kid ends up becoming a NBA player, and he’d say his favorite player is Timmy? Simply because good ole dad couldn’t stop showing him tapes.

One can dream.

baseline bum
03-21-2023, 12:29 AM

A guy who led his team to five titles in an era going through legends like Shaq, Kobe, KG, Dirk, LeBron, Wade, Nash, Durant, Curry, and so on is not going to be forgotten. Now that he has been retired a few years I love hearing all the Duncan stories from other players who went against him.

Gagnrath
03-22-2023, 05:25 PM
A guy who led his team to five titles in an era going through legends like Shaq, Kobe, KG, Dirk, LeBron, Wade, Nash, Durant, Curry, and so on is not going to be forgotten. Now that he has been retired a few years I love hearing all the Duncan stories from other players who went against him.

Rick Barry, Alvin Hays and Walt Fraiser are hardly remembered by guys on an NBA forum chatting, think about the average, NBA 2K and ESPN fan.... They probably wouldn't even think basketball players hearing the names unless it was already the topic of conversation.

baseline bum
03-22-2023, 05:49 PM
Rick Barry, Alvin Hays and Walt Fraiser are hardly remembered by guys on an NBA forum chatting, think about the average, NBA 2K and ESPN fan.... They probably wouldn't even think basketball players hearing the names unless it was already the topic of conversation.

None of those guys were 1/2 the player Tim Duncan was.

exstatic
03-22-2023, 06:32 PM
None of those guys were 1/2 the player Tim Duncan was.

Only one of those guys actually exists: Rick Barry. The other two were probably Elvin Hayes and Walt Frazier.

ace3g
03-23-2023, 05:25 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7MSv6vKh2U

Dex
03-23-2023, 05:41 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7MSv6vKh2U

I'm glad I got to experience Hemisfair once as a kid. That place was something else.

daslicer
03-24-2023, 07:55 AM

I think Duncan will get the Bill Russell treatment as he gets older from casual NBA fans. Casuals say Russell is overrated because he wasn't a scorer and played in any easy era. They will diminish Duncan's titles and say he was not amazing due to him not having gaudy scoring numbers.

exstatic
03-24-2023, 08:42 AM
I think Duncan will get the Bill Russell treatment as he gets older from casual NBA fans. Casuals say Russell is overrated because he wasn't a scorer and played in any easy era. They will diminish Duncan's titles and say he was not amazing due to him not having gaudy scoring numbers.

You can’t brush off the 2003 title. No other player of his era essentially won a ‘chip with only supporting players. Tony was second year, and had no jump shot. Rookie Manu was injured, and missed about 1/3 of the season. Robinson was washed, pulling out a good game about every 4 or 5.

daslicer
03-24-2023, 08:49 AM
You can’t brush off the 2003 title. No other player of his era essentially won a ‘chip with only supporting players. Tony was second year, and had no jump shot. Rookie Manu was injured, and missed about 1/3 of the season. Robinson was washed, pulling out a good game about every 4 or 5.

I agree with you but judging from what I see online they are too many stupid people who dismiss Duncan's achievements because he doesn't have high scoring averages. They also argue he was a system player and only won because of Pop. You don't have to sell Duncan to me in my eyes he's a top 5 player all time.

ambchang
03-24-2023, 11:31 AM

They will spin it as he has four HoFers on the team, loaded team, etc ....

daslicer
03-24-2023, 11:38 AM

Yup I have heard that spin job.

ambchang
03-24-2023, 11:56 AM
Honestly, the media is made up of a bunch of fans as well. It is no coincidence that the bigger market stars generally gets overrated and those from smaller markets get underrated.

I mean, people talk about James Worthy like he's one of the greatest ever. He was good, very good. All-star level, but he's really borderline HoF if he was on any other team. And I love Big Game James, but look at it objectively, he is a 3rd option on a great team. Nobody talks about Parker, Parish, Bosh, Laimbeer in that regard. On individual accomplishments, he isn't much better than Webber, but he is on the 50 and by default the 75 team.

Magic, pretty much my favourite non-Spurs player ever, isn't better than Bird, he was as good as or slightly less than Bird, yet he is routinely ranked above Bird.

Patrick Ewing? I mean, come on man, he was no where close to the Admiral and Hakeem in the same era, he was clearly a notch below but Ewing will forever be ranked along side them.

I am not going into Willis Reed as he just passed away and I had a lot of respect for his toughness.

Bill Bradley? Dave DeBusschere? These are like 3rd ring stars. Give me a break.

Isiah Thomas is criminally underrated. Horrible coach, even worse GM, and a horrible person overall, but as a player? He was incredible, one of the first score-first point guard (after Tiny Achibald) setting the table for guys like Tim Hardaway, Allen Iverson, and later Derrick Rose, Wade and to an extent Westbrook, and John Wall.

Clyde Drexler is now an after thought as one of the greatest SG of all time.

It will always be like this, it's nothing against Duncan or the Spurs, it's just that the media are made of a bunch of fans and the bigger markets get most fans.

exstatic
03-24-2023, 11:59 AM

Which I completely destroyed already…none of them were even AS quality that year. Doesn’t matter what they were or what they would become.

ace3g
03-27-2023, 08:33 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYcTLklkyd8

Extra Stout
03-28-2023, 07:50 AM
Those guys played 50 years ago, so there are vanishingly few people online who were alive to remember them. There just aren’t a lot of NBA fans over 60 online. Wilt Chamberlain and Jerry West don’t get talked about either. Plus the average NBA fan is pretty dumb, can’t remember the past, and prefers flash over winning. Who cares whether dumb people revere Tim Duncan? Hardcore fans always will. Among those fans who are capable of remembering the past, even by 2050 he will remain a consensus Top 10 NBA player all-time.

ace3g
03-30-2023, 05:19 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IJNKoojpHc

scott
03-30-2023, 06:29 PM
Honestly, the media is made up of a bunch of fans as well. It is no coincidence that the bigger market stars generally gets overrated and those from smaller markets get underrated.

I mean, people talk about James Worthy like he's one of the greatest ever. He was good, very good. All-star level, but he's really borderline HoF if he was on any other team. And I love Big Game James, but look at it objectively, he is a 3rd option on a great team. Nobody talks about Parker, Parish, Bosh, Laimbeer in that regard. On individual accomplishments, he isn't much better than Webber, but he is on the 50 and by default the 75 team.

Magic, pretty much my favourite non-Spurs player ever, isn't better than Bird, he was as good as or slightly less than Bird, yet he is routinely ranked above Bird.

Patrick Ewing? I mean, come on man, he was no where close to the Admiral and Hakeem in the same era, he was clearly a notch below but Ewing will forever be ranked along side them.

I am not going into Willis Reed as he just passed away and I had a lot of respect for his toughness.

Bill Bradley? Dave DeBusschere? These are like 3rd ring stars. Give me a break.

Isiah Thomas is criminally underrated. Horrible coach, even worse GM, and a horrible person overall, but as a player? He was incredible, one of the first score-first point guard (after Tiny Achibald) setting the table for guys like Tim Hardaway, Allen Iverson, and later Derrick Rose, Wade and to an extent Westbrook, and John Wall.

Clyde Drexler is now an after thought as one of the greatest SG of all time.

It will always be like this, it's nothing against Duncan or the Spurs, it's just that the media are made of a bunch of fans and the bigger markets get most fans.

IMO, though many are frustrated by this, it is was makes being a true Spurs fan great. We aren’t the Cowboys or Lakers or Yankees, we don’t have bandwagon fans - even during the prime or our dynasty, we were more likely to be called boring than to have bandwagon fans. At the same time, even opposing fans respect our team, our players and our coach. Being a fan of this team, for many of us is a birthright being born and raised in SA. For others, they came to the team because of a international star from their home country, or via being a Navy vet, for for some other reason. But we have true fans - even the ones who claim they’ll give up on this team, never actually leave.

I don’t care if Bill Simmons thinks Duncan is the best ever or if Pop is the GOAT. I don’t care if they put whatever Johnny-come-lately big man in the same conversation as Timmy (like they tried with AD a few years ago). It’s all for clicks and views, but the truth is pretty obvious. We don’t need the media to pump up our history and lore, because it’s authentic and doesn’t require it.

Fuck the media fanboys, we’ve got Selena Gomez on our side, and beyond that I actually don’t GAF.

ace3g
04-05-2023, 08:44 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uhjM48F7YQ

ace3g
04-14-2023, 05:00 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnXMPMp1Ypo

scott
04-14-2023, 06:51 PM
Hopefully we never see Gold on a Spurs court again unless it’s a NBA Finals logo and trophy.

barakz21
04-14-2023, 09:00 PM
Question regarding Spurs Jerseys:

Is it possible to buy the classic edition jersey for a retired player, like TD? Or do you just buy a custom one and make it like it’s X’s jersey?

Also, anyone know if it’s possible to buy the 2020 city edition jersey?

Bill Walton Saga
04-18-2023, 02:43 AM
Fuck Nike.

ace3g
04-20-2023, 07:58 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoofdnP5erA

ace3g
04-27-2023, 04:58 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVsoWeHBJ8g

ace3g
04-30-2023, 05:15 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEo7zbmkJ2s

scott
05-01-2023, 09:26 PM
Sean Elliott episode was awesome. Was interesting to hear his comments on draft day though, didn't seem too thrilled to be picked by San Antonio at first, or he didn't think it was a possibility at all so he was caught off guard.

ace3g
05-04-2023, 04:59 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEwGFVnt3wY

spurs1990
05-06-2023, 03:18 AM
Sean Elliott episode must see for any old heads who were around for that era. Great material and historic bits on that original golden era. Watching his highlights, I think Elliott’s comp in 2023 is Jalen Brown bc he’d put up similar numbers in todays bloated offense and 3pt happy era.

A footnote - there was one season that they had Robinson, Elliott, and Rodman. Three legit all stars near or just over their prime. They should’ve destroyed the league that year.

ace3g
05-07-2023, 12:44 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TC4Fkq6V_6c&t=329s

ace3g
05-11-2023, 05:07 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HMZZdQzVVs

ace3g
05-14-2023, 08:14 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XIike3cj9M

ace3g
05-23-2023, 07:15 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5etJFri_ID8

ace3g
05-23-2023, 07:36 PM
CsmEz6jx_f6

ace3g
05-25-2023, 08:04 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUiM9vTuo-I

ace3g
05-29-2023, 12:54 PM
On this day in 2003...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kO4caOwS6jI&t=85s

ace3g
05-31-2023, 05:07 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9egkTl9MXE

ace3g
06-03-2023, 05:01 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kT-ZK6lfJYY

JPB
06-03-2023, 05:20 PM
On this day in 2003...

lol Cuban.

heyheymymy
06-03-2023, 06:13 PM
cuban looks so young lol man I hated the mavs back then

GAustex
06-03-2023, 06:36 PM
That was before the nut puncher

scott
06-03-2023, 06:48 PM
On this day in 2003...

Remember DRob jumping up and down on the bench like it was yesterday. Category 7 Kerricane demolished Dallas that day.

CGD
06-03-2023, 06:48 PM
Man, we really did a number on Steve Nash’s soul in the 2000s.

Dex
06-03-2023, 08:40 PM
On this day in 2003...

This will always be in the Top 3 of my favorite Spurs moments. Watching this game live, I was so mad after the Spurs had broken a huge lead in game 5 and we just looked dead in Game 6...then they flipped the script on the Mavs and Jax/Kerr helped lead us to the Finals and our 2nd championship

ambchang
06-03-2023, 10:09 PM
Loved the part where the Mavs tried to exploit the Kerr defence one on one but wasn’t able to yield anything.

spurs1990
06-03-2023, 10:23 PM
That was before the nut puncher

1 September 2005

Michael Finley picking the Spurs after getting amnestied was the coolest moment prior to LMA signing. That 2006 team was destined to ring. A complete juggernaut. My favorite moment was all the Spurs fans in the dome wearing Finley 4 jerseys after nut puncher got suspended. Oh what could have been…

GAustex
06-03-2023, 10:37 PM
1 September 2005

Michael Finley picking the Spurs after getting amnestied was the coolest moment prior to LMA signing. That 2006 team was destined to ring. A complete juggernaut. My favorite moment was all the Spurs fans in the dome wearing Finley 4 jerseys after nut puncher got suspended. Oh what could have been…

Never did like that nut puncher

ace3g
06-07-2023, 11:00 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gi4dHNh1zk

ace3g
06-11-2023, 04:41 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0Z7ij11XBU

ace3g
06-20-2023, 05:12 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXLxJ58pufQ

ace3g
06-28-2023, 11:42 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MEDr0D6qiA

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-29-2023, 02:23 PM
This will always be in the Top 3 of my favorite Spurs moments. Watching this game live, I was so mad after the Spurs had broken a huge lead in game 5 and we just looked dead in Game 6...then they flipped the script on the Mavs and Jax/Kerr helped lead us to the Finals and our 2nd championship

Kerr is always a Spur in my heart because of this playoff run.

playblair
06-29-2023, 02:27 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MEDr0D6qiA
who is that next to jakob in the thumbnail.......looks like kyle lowry

ace3g
07-01-2023, 03:46 PM
Why do we fall...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCFkzlAPmpU

ace3g
07-10-2023, 11:10 AM
https://youtu.be/Ny5r3z8X5FU

Phenomanul
07-10-2023, 12:02 PM
The Spurs organization should propose moving opening night to the Alamodome to bring the historic event to the highest quantity of fans possible.

Obstructed_View
07-10-2023, 12:05 PM
Kerr is always a Spur in my heart because of this playoff run.
Agree. And my favorite play was when he dove to save the ball. His defense was inspired. He deserves so much credit for that game. I think that was the season he had to fill in at point for an extended period.

baseline bum
07-10-2023, 12:32 PM
Remember DRob jumping up and down on the bench like it was yesterday. Category 7 Kerricane demolished Dallas that day.

What was the name of Mengke Bateer's translator? I remember seeing him go nuts on the bench that whole run.

baseline bum
07-10-2023, 12:33 PM
Agree. And my favorite play was when he dove to save the ball. His defense was inspired. He deserves so much credit for that game. I think that was the season he had to fill in at point for an extended period.

Same here, went face first for that save.