lol Suns sweeping Spurs in 2010 but that just helped lead to 5th championship
lol Spurs would still be a contender if nephew didn't leave
lol grass wasn't greener in L.A.
lol Mavs still won't win championship even if 260 goes Jordan mode
lol maybe Suns can get 65 wins next season
lol just kidding, CP37 is done
lol we secretly miss nephew
lol it still hurts
lol Spurs will make play-in game again next year because they don't know how to tank
lol Spurs have no avenue to franchise player
lol oh well, 5
lol that time Duncan hit a three-pointer in the playoffs
lol Suns fans still hate the Spurs
lol Spurs fans like Monty Williams so we don't hate the Suns
lol second round exit
lol embarrassed in Game 7
lol 64 wins

NickiRasgo
05-15-2022, 09:28 PM
:lol:lol:lol

DAF86
05-15-2022, 09:32 PM
CP3 solidified himself as a playoffs choker, tbh.

offset formation
05-15-2022, 09:35 PM
Damn...that seemed, uh, personal.

Robz4000
05-15-2022, 09:39 PM
:lol let it out, my dude.

tbdog
05-15-2022, 10:04 PM
So here is the thing. Do you pay ayton a max?

MVPCues
05-15-2022, 10:14 PM
You doing ok over there?

PhantomDashCam
05-15-2022, 10:22 PM

KobesAchilles
05-15-2022, 10:31 PM
Greatest thread ever. And I can’t really disagree with one thing OP said :lmao

Mr. Body
05-15-2022, 10:42 PM
Spurs may never win anything again, and that's likely, and we may lose the highest win percentage in NBA at some point, but we have a history covered in glory, five championships, and a tremendous legacy. The Suns are a bullshit franchise who will never win anything.

ducks
05-15-2022, 10:47 PM
Chris Paul is the first player ever to blow five 2-0 leads in a best-of-7 series.

2-0 vs Spurs in 2008
2-0 vs Grizzlies in 2013
2-0 vs Blazers in 2016
2-0 vs Bucks in 2021
2-0 vs Mavs in 2022

He is also the only player to blow four 2-0 leads

baseline bum
05-15-2022, 10:52 PM
I got to see the Spurs come back from the most crushing Finals loss imaginable to climb that mountain right back again the next year and completely pick their rival apart in one of the nastiest revenge series of all time. And then I got to see the Suns think they were doing the same with their 64 win season only to lay an egg and get booed off their home floor in a Game 7.

https://i.gifer.com/1P7X.gif

BG_Spurs_Fan
05-15-2022, 10:54 PM
Forgot to switch accounts? :lol

Mugen
05-15-2022, 10:58 PM
:lmao Roger Mason Jr. ruining Suns fan Christmas tbh

daslicer
05-15-2022, 10:58 PM
I got to see the Spurs come back from the most crushing Finals loss imaginable to climb that mountain right back again and completely pick their rival apart in one of the nastiest revenge series of all time. And then I got to see the Suns think they were doing the same only to lay an egg and get booed off their home floor in a Game 7.

It's amazing how much grit that '14 Spurs team had. They had quite a few times during that playoff run they could have fallen apart but pulled together and pushed through. I remember the Spurs looking really shaky in that first round series against the mavs but ended up squashing them in a game 7 blowout. It also looked like they were going to fold to OKC but ended up prevailing in a hard-fought game 6 OT victory in which Manu and Duncan hit a lot of clutch shots. Then they end up losing a heartbreaking game 2 to Miami and it looks like they could lose the series only for them to curbstomp Miami 3 times. It's just amazing how resilient team was when there was plenty of times they could have thrown in the towel. Nights like these make me appreciate how special the Spurs title were.

ducks
05-15-2022, 11:15 PM
It was a bit of payback after Doncic had to listen to the Suns bark while blowing out the Mavs in Game 5. A series that has been quite chippy despite not featuring any close games will be decided in Sunday's Game 7 back at the Footprint Center in Phoenix.

"I like when people trash talk to me," Doncic said after his 33-point, 11-rebound, 8-assist, 4-steal performance. "It gets me going. It's fun.

Sugus
05-15-2022, 11:23 PM
Beautiful. Just absolutely, completely, tremendously beautiful.

Oh, and the post is pretty good, too, timvp.

Of fucking course you still do. How're you gonna pull out on landing a prospect like Ayton, based off any one game's performance? Not to mention the kind of team-wide, historic, all-time choke job the Suns experienced. Ayton is to blame a fair bit, of course, but I'm extending him a max offer sheet the first minute of FA if I'm the Spurs (or any other team tbh).

Spurs fans should be feeling amazing about this loss, for reasons other than schadenfraude.

timvp
05-15-2022, 11:25 PM
https://i.imgur.com/S6xPkAS.jpg

baseline bum
05-15-2022, 11:29 PM
https://i.imgur.com/S6xPkAS.jpg

I wanted so bad for Dallas to go on an 8-0 run to begin the fourth just to get a 100-50 screenshot. Sucks that the game goes down in the record book as 123-90 when it really felt more like 123-70 the whole way.

ducks
05-15-2022, 11:39 PM
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/suns-monty-williams-hints-at-internal-reasons-for-only-playing-deandre-ayton-17-minutes-in-game-7-loss/

Star guard Devin Booker, meanwhile, did not exactly make a strong plea for Ayton to be back next season.

"His contract situation is between him and the front office," Booker said. "I care about him as a brother. Just making sure his mental is right...whatever happens, happens. Kind of hard to look so far in the future."

SAGirl
05-15-2022, 11:45 PM
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/suns-monty-williams-hints-at-internal-reasons-for-only-playing-deandre-ayton-17-minutes-in-game-7-loss/

Star guard Devin Booker, meanwhile, did not exactly make a strong plea for Ayton to be back next season.

"His contract situation is between him and the front office," Booker said. "I care about him as a brother. Just making sure his mental is right...whatever happens, happens. Kind of hard to look so far in the future."
Wow Ayton is for sure gone. Just wow. That’s locker room is piss at this point.

Sugus
05-15-2022, 11:55 PM
As Arizona sports fans we should have known better. 4 teams, newest team is 24 years old, 1 fucking championship ever. I always hated the Suns in 4 chant. Like, we're bottom of the league for a decade and when we're finally good you start commenting "Suns in 4" on every social media post like we're the fucking Warriors? You know how stupid we look for saying that when we lose even one game in a series? I'm embarrassed. I'm embarrassed for all of us who thought we could actually win it all. I'm embarrassed for the suns players for talking shit and then getting blown out by 30. I'm embarrassed for CP3. We call him Point God all season just for him to crumble when it matters most.

I've been a suns fan for 30 years, had season tickets during the Nash Stoudemire era. This season was our best chance, and they failed...again. Fuck all of this.

Just.... Straight up delicious.

Sugus
05-16-2022, 12:03 AM

:lmao :lmao :lmao

btw I max Ayton still, no doubts. Working through his mental is miles easier than hoping for some mid-lottery pick with anywhere near his talents. Perfect opportunity tbh, Suns are gift-wrapping him this off-season.

The Truth #6
05-16-2022, 12:14 AM
What is “his mental”? I didn’t see the game.

ducks
05-16-2022, 12:16 AM
He played 17 minutes sideline something went on
Never played a minute after that

John B
05-16-2022, 12:33 AM
Lol point god
Lol 75 greatest

mookie2001
05-16-2022, 01:03 AM
I always liked Phoenix Amare though, he was Ruthless Records.

ducks
05-16-2022, 01:03 AM
Are all the Suns unfocused, or is it just Deandre Ayton?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/are-all-the-suns-unfocused-or-is-it-just-deandre-ayton/ar-AAQ0QGw
Dated 10/27/2021

ducks
05-16-2022, 01:05 AM
https://www.pinalcentral.com/arizona_and_national_sports/suns-opener-shaded-by-ayton-contract-controversy/article_2be26663-df99-5483-8659-e834271f309b.html

He can be hand or Atleast forced to have suns match

BatManu20
05-16-2022, 01:16 AM
lol losing to John Paxson in the ‘93 Finals
lol letting Greek Freak shit all over em in last year’s Finals
lol poverty franchise
lol 5 > 0
lol suns

kht
05-16-2022, 02:29 AM
Did not realize we even had a rivalry/hate for the Suns. They got us once with the Dragic series, but it's been one sided for as long as I can remember.

Robz4000
05-16-2022, 04:23 AM

:lmao :lmao :lmao

btw I max Ayton still, no doubts. Working through his mental is miles easier than hoping for some mid-lottery pick with anywhere near his talents. Perfect opportunity tbh, Suns are gift-wrapping him this off-season.

Absolutely throw the max at Ayton tbh. Even if he's mentally soft it's a much better gamble than anything else the Spurs can do and it doesn't cost any draft capital.

KingKev
05-16-2022, 05:39 AM
Forgot to switch accounts? :lol

TIMVP burner fosho

XDT76
05-16-2022, 05:42 AM
Is every player not on the Spurs worth Max ? Throwing Max at a player who does not make his team mates better, unable to create for himself and team mates, not great at O & D but he is worth a Max. Every single team with a big as their main guy is out at second round and yet we wanna max a top role player big. Then what next ? Max DjM and KJ? If Klutch see us throw Max at just about any other players all our players are gonna ask for Max.

Maddog
05-16-2022, 05:45 AM
Up 3-2 to a one man team
Then lose two games by an average of 30 points per game.

KingKev
05-16-2022, 05:59 AM
I’m surprised in the interest in Ayton for max money. He probably gets it but I’d prefer Lavine 10x if we could.

Maddog
05-16-2022, 06:10 AM
I’m surprised in the interest in Ayton for max money. He probably gets it but I’d prefer Lavine 10x if we could.

Agree whole heartedly
It will be very interesting what kind of offers he gets. They where right not to give him the max. I suspect they may be able to easily retain him.

It's also interestingly and also unfortunate how fleeting your window can be.
Phoenix was maybe one to two years.

MI21
05-16-2022, 06:31 AM
Quality post.

What an absolutely beautiful result.

tbdog
05-16-2022, 06:38 AM

It's a rookie max. Lavine max is higher.

mo7888
05-16-2022, 07:39 AM

No

exstatic
05-16-2022, 07:52 AM
He played 17 minutes sideline something went on
Never played a minute after that

If it was some kind of altercation with coaches, the Spurs won't touch him with the proverbial 10 ft. pole.

KingKev
05-16-2022, 07:53 AM
It's a rookie max. Lavine max is higher.

I’m well aware but that ~30mm difference over 4 years with a rising cap isn’t overly material for a traditional NBA center who hasn’t shown much.

I still think he gets max money just hope it’s not from us. I find him underwhelming. It’s not like every few games he has an outing where you see crazy potential.

I’d rather take a chance on Mo Bamba who could probably be had for 1/3rd the price.

Brazil
05-16-2022, 07:57 AM
:lol tbh...

baseline bum
05-16-2022, 07:59 AM
If it was some kind of altercation with coaches, the Spurs won't touch him with the proverbial 10 ft. pole.

Maybe Ayton just told CP0 to retire right there with his one whole point in the first half.

KingKev
05-16-2022, 08:00 AM

Great point and probably the right move, especially considering Pop’s relationship with Monty.

exstatic
05-16-2022, 08:00 AM
I’m well aware but that ~30mm difference over 4 years with a rising cap isn’t overly material for a traditional NBA center who hasn’t shown much.

I still think he gets max money just hope it’s not from us. I find him underwhelming. It’s not like every few games he has an outing where you see crazy potential.

I’d rather take a chance on Mo Bamba who could probably be had for 1/3rd the price.

You're not getting Bamba for that price, because he's also restricted. Orlando would simply match that offer sheet, and send you a thank you card.

KingKev
05-16-2022, 08:33 AM
You're not getting Bamba for that price, because he's also restricted. Orlando would simply match that offer sheet, and send you a thank you card.

Few teams can offer him more than MLE money which will help dictate the market:

We have both outright cap space AND the ability to work a sign and trade while few other teams have the cap to offer more than the MLE. Of the teams that do have potential cap only Detroit (potential top 3 pick means they are getting a big) and Portland (depending on what they do with Nurk) really make sense; Cleveland no, Memphis no.

Orlando has WCJ locked in a long term deal, Isaac coming off 2 years of injuries/multiple surgeries, trifled with political drama going into his second year of a 80mm deal and a likely top 3 pick in a draft where a big is a no brainer. Additionally, Franz can play the 4. Bamba will likely be the odd man out.

He can be had at a substantial discount to Ayton with similar upside.

offset formation
05-16-2022, 08:34 AM

Especially after they hear from Coach Monty behind the scenes about what transpired.

It's depressing considering I had him at the top of my FA wishlist for the off-season. Especially because he actually seemed gettable if the Sun's decided to cut salary with a poor playoff ending this year, which of course they had.

mo7888
05-16-2022, 08:44 AM
Few teams can offer him more than MLE money which will help dictate the market:

We have both outright cap space AND the ability to work a sign and trade while few other teams have the cap to offer more than the MLE. Of the teams that do have potential cap only Detroit (potential top 3 pick means they are getting a big) and Portland (depending on what they do with Nurk) really make sense; Cleveland no, Memphis no.

Orlando has WCJ locked in a long term deal, Isaac coming off 2 years of injuries/multiple surgeries, trifled with political drama going into his second year of a 80mm deal and a likely top 3 pick in a draft where a big is a no brainer. Additionally, Franz can play the 4. Bamba will likely be the odd man out.

He can be had at a substantial discount to Ayton with similar upside.

Yup....pretty much.....

offset formation
05-16-2022, 08:51 AM
Just heard an official take on what transpired with Coach Monty and DA. Evidently Coach Monty told DA as he was walking back to the bench, "You fucking quit on us out there." And that there have been ongoing frustrations with his motor.

Sigh. Not what I wanted to hear. Scratch him off the list.

Strategic
05-16-2022, 08:52 AM
Top seeded Suns getting pushed to 6 games vs 8th seeded Pels and then eliminated by 4th seeded Mavs. They just weren’t a team prepared to push back when they needed. I thought early that Crowder would shove someone and try to get his guys fired up but I guess he just looks the part. Who knew this team was beat before they took the court. I like it when paper tigers get exposed. Makes me wonder how they advanced last year.

ducks
05-16-2022, 09:09 AM
There were reports from inside the building that Ayton and Williams had a few words after the coach benched him for the last time, three-and-a-half minutes into the second half (Bismack Biyombo played the fourth quarter at center, although by then the game was essentially over). It was a frustrating stretch for Suns fans, who saw their team down by 30 at the half come out with the same lackadaisical play rather than showing some fire and closing the gap. Ayton was part of that.

ducks
05-16-2022, 09:11 AM
https://twitter.com/NateDuncanNBA/status/1526071538025345024?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5 Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1526071538025345024%7Ctwgr% 5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.yahoo.com%2Fsports%2Fmon ty-williams-why-deandre-ayton-120006316.html

Mr. Body
05-16-2022, 09:20 AM
Top seeded Suns getting pushed to 6 games vs 8th seeded Pels and then eliminated by 4th seeded Mavs. They just weren’t a team prepared to push back when they needed. I thought early that Crowder would shove someone and try to get his guys fired up but I guess he just looks the part. Who knew this team was beat before they took the court. I like it when paper tigers get exposed. Makes me wonder how they advanced last year.

Every single team they faced had serious injuries. Then the Bucks were healthy and the Suns lost.

Neo.
05-16-2022, 09:26 AM
timvp, with the goods :tu

TD 21
05-16-2022, 09:36 AM
Is every player not on the Spurs worth Max ? Throwing Max at a player who does not make his team mates better, unable to create for himself and team mates, not great at O & D but he is worth a Max. and yet we wanna max a top role player big. Then what next ? Max DjM and KJ? If Klutch see us throw Max at just about any other players all our players are gonna ask for Max.

:lmao At short man syndrome fans constantly spouting this nonsense, as if the context is the same for every player.

Literally the 3 best players in the league the past 2 seasons are bigs (even though Antetokounmpo is like half gigantic wing) and all 3 had injuries to either themselves or their co-stars derail their seasons.

jjspur
05-16-2022, 09:45 AM
I kept waiting for CP# to get injured in this series or the golden state series if it got that far, and then blame an opposing player or the ref's. He seems to do that almost every year. You don't become a champion by getting injured in every major series. Hey Monty, how about some load management for cp3, after all he is kind of old. Must have been what DA said as well before he was sent to the bench.

XDT76
05-16-2022, 09:51 AM
:lmao At short man syndrome fans constantly spouting this nonsense, as if the context is the same for every player.

Literally the 3 best players in the league the past 2 seasons are bigs (even though Antetokounmpo is like half gigantic wing) and all 3 had injuries to either themselves or their co-stars derail their seasons.

I said he is a role player you said context for every player is different and proceed to say 3 other players rules the NBA instead of showing why he is worth a max. So is every big man the same or not?

TD 21
05-16-2022, 10:34 AM
I said he is a role player you said context for every player is different and proceed to say 3 other players rules the NBA instead of showing why he is worth a max. So is every big man the same or not?

Sorry, I messed up your quote. I meant to comment specifically on the "Every single team with a big as their main guy is out at second round" part.

RC_Drunkford
05-16-2022, 10:38 AM
The Suns weren't able to score and never posted up Ayton. It's not like he's wrong. He had amazing efficiency punishing mismatches. Although people here would probably call him Muh Touches 2.0 :lol

TheCultOfPersonality
05-16-2022, 11:13 AM
I thought they were frauds last season like the Jazz, but they made it to the Finals, but I still do see it with them.
To me they have the same problem that the Jazz have. Their best player isn't a #1 and the rest of their main guys are complimentary players.
Booker and Ayton aren't THE GUY, Paul is too old, Bridges is a roleplayer, and Crowder is a bench player that isn't 6th man worthy, yet he starts and get big minutes.
IMO this isn't a championship level core.

Trill Clinton
05-16-2022, 11:18 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhDjKxmgCfM

rjv
05-16-2022, 11:25 AM
the two fan bases i hope never get a title are 1) utah and 2) phoenix. mission accomplished for 2022.

offset formation
05-16-2022, 11:34 AM
the two fan bases i hope never get a title are 1) utah and 2) phoenix. mission accomplished for 2022.

With you, but you forgot the Clippers. And I don't want to see Toronto or the Fakers ever ring again either. And as much as I like Spoelstra and Jimmy Butler, I don't want to see Miami win shit again.

rjv
05-16-2022, 11:37 AM
With you, but you forgot the Clippers. And I don't want to see Toronto or the Fakers ever ring again either. And as much as I like Spoelstra and Jimmy Butler, I don't want to see Miami win shit again.

yeah-as far as franchises with titles already, the lakers top that list for me. and i don't hate miami (and i like butler), but i don't want them catching up to the spurs.

The Truth #6
05-16-2022, 11:55 AM
Great to see CP3 never get a ring, but I think I dislike Dallas overall more.

rjv
05-16-2022, 11:58 AM
at this point, i'm rooting for a celtics-mavs finals with the celtics winning out.

RD2191
05-16-2022, 12:09 PM
:rollin

KobesAchilles
05-16-2022, 12:16 PM
Luka is my favorite player rn. His game is just too awesome to hate on. He is a combo of 90's post up and today's nab off crossover/stepback 3's. But he's too big for guards and too fast for bigs plus he actually knows post moves and since nobody else in the league does (besides Joker, but Luka can dribble like a PG), nobody knows how to guard him. That spinmove on Bridges was Duncanesque.

His only downside is that he whines all the time, but I hate the refs more than I hate Luka's whining so I can live with it. To me, after all the times the refs screwed us over, there's some karma in them having to listen to Luka's bitching the whole game :lol

JPB
05-16-2022, 12:20 PM

Basically no one but the spurs.

MultiTroll
05-16-2022, 12:31 PM
https://img-s-msn-com.akamaized.net/tenant/amp/entityid/AAXkp2z.img?w=620&h=609&m=6&x=353&y=69&s=160&d=160

Arcadian
05-16-2022, 02:46 PM
Was Phoenix the worst 64-win team of all time?

rjv
05-16-2022, 02:50 PM
Was Phoenix the worst 64-win team of all time?

i think the 2007 dallas mavericks went 67-15 and then lost in the 1st round against golden state.

KingKev
05-16-2022, 04:08 PM
Per ESPN’s fatboy insider Windy “alot of teams are lining up to figure out how to pay Ayton”

Would be nice to use our cap space to facilitate…

boutons_deux
05-16-2022, 04:11 PM
CP3 solidified himself as a playoffs choker, tbh.

eliminated the Spurs with the last second shot

cd98
05-16-2022, 04:14 PM
So he likes to stay up late playing video games and not sleeping is what I heard.

Mr. Body
05-16-2022, 04:19 PM

... after Duncan got hacked on the other end, no call...

Allan Rowe vs Wade
05-16-2022, 04:22 PM
Looks like we bending over for big daddy curry this year. Open wide fellas. Yep also your mouths

tbdog
05-16-2022, 04:59 PM

Mo Bamba is Lonnie walker. Same draft. Same potential. Ayton rookie year is better than Bamba 4th. Bamba doesn't start off isaac was playing.

KingKev
05-16-2022, 05:04 PM
Mo Bamba is Lonnie walker. Same draft. Same potential. Ayton rookie year is better than Bamba 4th. Bamba doesn't start off isaac was playing.

Is this english?

tbdog
05-16-2022, 05:06 PM
Tbh, Spurs offering Poeltl and McDermott for Ayton could be something sun's can look at. Then I'll try and nab Lavine.

KingKev
05-16-2022, 05:22 PM
Tbh, Spurs offering Poeltl and McDermott for Ayton could be something sun's can look at. Then I'll try and nab Lavine.

Add two FRPs and the Suns might consider. You’d need to clear 15mm or more in cap to “nab” Lavine.

DMC
05-16-2022, 05:22 PM
lol Pringles

DMC
05-16-2022, 05:23 PM
So he likes to stay up late playing video games and not sleeping is what I heard.

Didn't read entire thread. Is this about me?

TD 21
05-16-2022, 05:27 PM
The definition of hypocrisy: A bunch of fools unable to let rivalries from well over a decade ago go, while accusing someone else of being unable to do so (with a matter relevant to the current state of the franchise).

KingKev
05-16-2022, 05:33 PM
The definition of hypocrisy: A bunch of fools unable to let rivalries from well over a decade ago go, while accusing someone else of being unable to do so (with a matter relevant to the current state of the franchise).

Barkley vs DRob 93 finals….

it stilllllll hurrrrrts!!!!

Anyone who experienced the original days of the AJ/Vinny Del Negro back court and are still fans are OGs.

DAF86
05-16-2022, 05:45 PM

Yeah, in rhe first round. By round 2 he's either injured, gassed out, or in full choke mode.

tbdog
05-16-2022, 05:51 PM
Add two FRPs and the Suns might consider. You’d need to clear 15mm or more in cap to “nab” Lavine.

Yeah. Probably too hard. I think it depends on the order of the transactions as well. Langford would have to be moved as well and Walker just waived.

KingKev
05-16-2022, 05:56 PM
Yeah. Probably too hard. I think it depends on the order of the transactions as well. Langford would have to be moved as well and Walker just waived.

Walker is a free agent so we aren't waiving him we’d simply let him walk. Zollins an easier
lever to pull as Langford was fully guaranteed last fall.

Dex
05-16-2022, 06:15 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhDjKxmgCfM

Pat Bev is a dirty role player who acts like he is a champion. The greatest thing he has accomplished is hurting other players.

On Get Up, he literally said he was the best defender in the NBA.

This is the dude that told Steph Curry "the next five years are mine". Now he's sitting around talking about "IF KAWHI WASN'T HURT"

I can't stand that guy. Good luck in Minessota.

tbdog
05-16-2022, 06:17 PM
Walker is a free agent so we aren't waiving him we’d simply let him walk. Zollins an easier
lever to pull as Langford was fully guaranteed last fall.

Walker would have a cap hold. That's what I mean.

ducks
05-16-2022, 06:18 PM
I am going to have fun with a sun fan when I see him next

Chris Paul’s first five games in this postseason:
60 assists vs. 6 turnovers
101 points scored
Chris Paul’s final five games in this postseason:
29 assists vs. 18 turnovers
47 points scored –

KingKev
05-16-2022, 06:33 PM
I am going to have fun with a sun fan when I see him next

Chris Paul’s first five games in this postseason:
60 assists vs. 6 turnovers
101 points scored
Chris Paul’s final five games in this postseason:
29 assists vs. 18 turnovers
47 points scored –

But we haven’t made the playoffs since 2019?

DMC
05-16-2022, 09:41 PM
Pat Bev is a dirty role player who acts like he is a champion. The greatest thing he has accomplished is hurting other players.

On Get Up, he literally said he was the best defender in the NBA.

This is the dude that told Steph Curry "the next five years are mine". Now he's sitting around talking about "IF KAWHI WASN'T HURT"

I can't stand that guy. Good luck in Minessota.

Otherwise ESPN has avoided talking much about it, like it never happened.

KobesAchilles
05-16-2022, 11:02 PM
Barkley vs DRob 93 finals….

it stilllllll hurrrrrts!!!!

Anyone who experienced the original days of the AJ/Vinny Del Negro back court and are still fans are OGs.
That was a brutal shot. Right in David’s eye. I prefer the Forget Paris version of that shot where Billy Crystal waived off the shot :lol

Vinny was a great bench piece. The fact that we had to start him shows how shitty and cheap our ownership was. AJ always sucked. Dude got outplayed by everybody in every series except once in 99 where we lucked out with 3 shitty PG match ups and we rung.

I always say that if David had stability and a competent front office, he would’ve gone down as a top 10 player all time. I also believe that the Navy ruined his basketball career both in college and early in the pros

Proxy
05-16-2022, 11:03 PM
https://i.imgur.com/J0LTntc.png

my reaction to seeing the boxscore after missing the game

LakerHater
05-16-2022, 11:19 PM
Fuck nephew!

ducks
05-17-2022, 12:08 AM
But we haven’t made the playoffs since 2019?

What have the suns did ever ?
He go gives me shit all the time
He and I always bet on suns spurs games

ducks
05-17-2022, 12:09 AM
Fuck nephew!
My
Wife’s
Pussy
Is
Much
Better
Then
Nephews
Small
Balls

Allan Rowe vs Wade
05-17-2022, 12:57 AM
My
Wife’s
Pussy
Is
Much
Better
Then
Nephews
Small
Balls
Fuck
Joe
Biden

ducks - that was a haiku

TDMVPDPOY
05-17-2022, 01:58 AM
lol the beverly interview on espn...talks like a true hater on forums...

Sugus
05-17-2022, 02:40 PM

What?! No way. It's been a crazy collapse for the Suns, but the even crazier thing has been seeing a literal one-game sample affect a players' stock so much, especially such a young one as Ayton with his whole career ahead of him still. Even a homerist place like ST was collectively agreed that getting Ayton was a pipe-dream and impossible as recently as last week...

..And now he's not even worth it? Especially not over freakin' Lavine of all players?! Zach, who'll be turning 28, has multiple knee issues/surgeries in his past whilst having an entirely athleticism-based game as a guard, has never been The Guy on any remotely successful team, is due for yet another knee surgery this off-season... And you'd max him, "10x" over, over the 23yo, #1 pick, do-it-all, switchable on defense, efficient scoring, athletic, and most of all buildable/malleable, center?!?

Recency bias is absolutely real and clouding your judgment, my guy. I ask this same question last week and it's not even a debate. I don't care how DA played last game, that he didn't want to come on the court (of course he wasn't gonna risk his entire bag over a 40pt blowout...), whatever shit. You max him (it's not even a supermax!! Lavine costs significantly more money!!!), then figure it out later.

Sugus
05-17-2022, 02:52 PM

Thank you. Finally some rationale. Bamba is nowhere close to Ayton's ceiling (or floor, game 7 notwithstanding). Talk about talking yourself into a "Costco Kobe" kind of player...

KingKev
05-17-2022, 03:09 PM
What?! No way. It's been a crazy collapse for the Suns, but the even crazier thing has been seeing a literal one-game sample affect a players' stock so much, especially such a young one as Ayton with his whole career ahead of him still. Even a homerist place like ST was collectively agreed that getting Ayton was a pipe-dream and impossible as recently as last week...

..And now he's not even worth it? Especially not over freakin' Lavine of all players?! Zach, who'll be turning 28, has multiple knee issues/surgeries in his past whilst having an entirely athleticism-based game as a guard, has never been The Guy on any remotely successful team, is due for yet another knee surgery this off-season... And you'd max him, "10x" over, over the 23yo, #1 pick, do-it-all, switchable on defense, efficient scoring, athletic, and most of all buildable/malleable, center?!?

Recency bias is absolutely real and clouding your judgment, my guy. I ask this same question last week and it's not even a debate. I don't care how DA played last game, that he didn't want to come on the court (of course he wasn't gonna risk his entire bag over a 40pt blowout...), whatever shit. You max him (it's not even a supermax!! Lavine costs significantly more money!!!), then figure it out later.

Didn’t like Ayton before and don’t now. The 20mm amortized over 4 years with a rising cap means nothing. If PATFO can get comfortable with Lavine’s knee I stand by that choice. I’ve also qualified my position on Lavine as making sense in an outright signing versus giving assets in an S&T. Ayton will cost considerably more via S&T given his RFA status.

Additionally, Lavine’s 3pt shooting is elite and not entirely athleticism based as you claim.

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-17-2022, 03:15 PM
I can't believe I'm going to have to root for the fvcking Mavericks now versus the Warriors. But that's what this season has left me with.

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-17-2022, 03:21 PM
And the Mavs played great. Caught the Suns flat-footed and thoroughly and completely shut down CP3. A great coaching job by J. Kidd, thoroughly outcoaching Monty Williams...which is something I really never expected to say.

spurs10
05-17-2022, 03:32 PM
I can't believe I'm going to have to root for the fvcking Mavericks now versus the Warriors. But that's what this season has left me with. Yeah rooting for the Mavs is hard to wrap my head around for sure.....but I surely will. :lol

Wow what a blow out for the Suns...timvp is not holding back. :ihit

CGD
05-17-2022, 03:39 PM
Is the hate for GSW over Dallas really justified? Not that i particularly like GSW, but i still remember the rivalry with Dallas quite vividly (i.e., 2006)

Sugus
05-17-2022, 03:49 PM
Is the hate for GSW over Dallas really justified? Not that i particularly like GSW, but i still remember the rivalry with Dallas quite vividly (i.e., 2006)

I was about to say something similar. I don't understand the Mavs-siding here. Yes the Dubs are annoying and the KD era was awful, but they're back to the "old core" now, and quite the likeable, homegrown, done-it-right team, TBH. Poole emerging has been very interesting to see, and the whole "one last job" thing they've got going on is very entertaining. I wouldn't mind seeing them win one last time (and then fade out into the sunset, hopefully...) at all.

On the other hand, I don't have much beef with the Mavs either, it's not a real rivalry as far as the Spurs are concerned (not close to Suns level, that's for sure), so I'm pretty neutral on the series overall, and would've thought most of ST would be as well.

Sugus
05-17-2022, 03:56 PM
Didn’t like Ayton before and don’t now. The 20mm amortized over 4 years with a rising cap means nothing. If PATFO can get comfortable with Lavine’s knee I stand by that choice. I’ve also qualified my position on Lavine as making sense in an outright signing versus giving assets in an S&T. Ayton will cost considerably more via S&T given his RFA status.

Additionally, Lavine’s 3pt shooting is elite and not entirely athleticism based as you claim.

Ah, you just plain dislike DA, that's fair. I don't believe the difference between Lavine's and Ayton's maxes would be "nothing" (it never is when you're building a contender and the margin of error/salary shifting gets closer and closer) but also don't have the actual numbers to compare, I'm no capologist.

I think it's less about PATFO being "comfortable" with Zach's knee, and more about the situation overall. I'm not fine with that knee, lol. Especially not with his history and another (granted, a debrilement, not a repair, but still) surgery already lined up, before we get to see him play again. And as you say, it's wholly different scenarios between S&Ts and outright signing either player; but on a vacuum, I think Ayton is clearly a step above Lavine as far as "FAs to go after". I just don't see the argument against DA, that you also can't make about ZL (not the #1 option on the team, not really worth the max, etc).

Lavine's shooting is definitely elite - but that's not what his game is based on, is it? Would you pay Lavine the max to be a spot-up 3pt shooter, if his knee was bad enough that he couldn't blow by defenders anymore, and couldn't penetrate to score nor dish out assists? Hell no. That's my concern. Maybe not next year, not immediately, but down the line; and I say this with the knowledge that the Spurs, as-is, simply aren't ready for a title run. Not next season and probably not the one afterwards, either. That definitely matters when you're picking out the core pieces of the will-be team, and is a big reason Ayton >> Lavine, IMO at least.

baseline bum
05-17-2022, 04:06 PM

Agreed. Ayton had to be thinking fuck this place, Sarver doesn't want to pay me, I'm out of here after tonight. If Paul with his $90 million due and Booker with his $70 million due from the Suns could quit Ayton had to be thinking what's the point by the end of the second quarter.

KingKev
05-17-2022, 04:12 PM
Ah, you just plain dislike DA, that's fair. I don't believe the difference between Lavine's and Ayton's maxes would be "nothing" (it never is when you're building a contender and the margin of error/salary shifting gets closer and closer) but also don't have the actual numbers to compare, I'm no capologist.

I think it's less about PATFO being "comfortable" with Zach's knee, and more about the situation overall. I'm not fine with that knee, lol. Especially not with his history and another (granted, a debrilement, not a repair, but still) surgery already lined up, before we get to see him play again. And as you say, it's wholly different scenarios between S&Ts and outright signing either player; but on a vacuum, I think Ayton is clearly a step above Lavine as far as "FAs to go after". I just don't see the argument against DA, that you also can't make about ZL (not the #1 option on the team, not really worth the max, etc).

Lavine's shooting is definitely elite - but that's not what his game is based on, is it? Would you pay Lavine the max to be a spot-up 3pt shooter, if his knee was bad enough that he couldn't blow by defenders anymore, and couldn't penetrate to score nor dish out assists? Hell no. That's my concern. Maybe not next year, not immediately, but down the line; and I say this with the knowledge that the Spurs, as-is, simply aren't ready for a title run. Not next season and probably not the one afterwards, either. That definitely matters when you're picking out the core pieces of the will-be team, and is a big reason Ayton >> Lavine, IMO at least.

I’m just not a proponent of paying 30mm plus for a traditional big when I think Jak can give you a similar skill set for 30-50% of the price.

A healthy Lavine gives you the elite scoring we so sorely need and when you couple Ayton’s contract with the cost of acquisition (probably some combo of Jak, Vassell, JRich and an FRP) its a no for me.

BatManu20
05-17-2022, 04:13 PM

baseline bum
05-17-2022, 04:27 PM
I’m just not a proponent of paying 30mm plus for a traditional big when I think Jak can give you a similar skill set for 30-50% of the price.

A healthy Lavine gives you the elite scoring we so sorely need and when you couple Ayton’s contract with the cost of acquisition (probably some combo of Jak, Vassell, JRich and an FRP) its a no for me.

No way you're re-signing Poetl for 30-50% of Ayton's salary in the summer of 2023.

KingKev
05-17-2022, 04:32 PM
No way you're re-signing Poetl for 30-50% of Ayton's salary in the summer of 2023.

15 vs 30… he can be extended this offseason for 4yrs/50mm.

what do you think he gets away from us?

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-17-2022, 04:38 PM
I was about to say something similar. I don't understand the Mavs-siding here. Yes the Dubs are annoying and the KD era was awful, but they're back to the "old core" now, and quite the likeable, homegrown, done-it-right team, TBH. Poole emerging has been very interesting to see, and the whole "one last job" thing they've got going on is very entertaining. I wouldn't mind seeing them win one last time (and then fade out into the sunset, hopefully...) at all.

On the other hand, I don't have much beef with the Mavs either, it's not a real rivalry as far as the Spurs are concerned (not close to Suns level, that's for sure), so I'm pretty neutral on the series overall, and would've thought most of ST would be as well.

It's really three things for me with Golden State. First, I'm hoping the Warriors don't get too far ahead of the Spurs in overall title count. The ZaZa incident is my number two reason to always hate the Warriors. And the national media attention the Warriors get, even when they suck, is outdone only by the Lakers. That also makes me kind of despise them.

I like Steve Kerr. I think he's a very good coach. But beyond that I can't cheer for them.

SpurSpike
05-17-2022, 04:40 PM

I respect the team that they have built but personally i just don't like the attitude that golden states plays with. The mouth chewing the, nut kicking (though that has been toned down this year) and the general sense of arrogance and superiority. They are not a likable humble team.

BatManu20
05-17-2022, 04:43 PM

baseline bum
05-17-2022, 04:51 PM
15 vs 30… he can be extended this offseason for 4yrs/50mm.

what do you think he gets away from us?

I'd imagine Poetl might be able to pull a deal starting at $25 million for the first season, something like 4 years, $110 million when you factor in 6% raises. 4 years, $50 million would be selling himself way short of his market value. There is no way he's worth less than McDermott.

KingKev
05-17-2022, 04:54 PM
I'd imagine Poetl might be able to pull a deal starting at $25 million for the first season, something like 4 years, $110 million when you factor in 6% raises. 4 years, $50 million would be selling himself way short of his market value. There is no way he's worth less than McDermott.

That is quite the imagination.

baseline bum
05-17-2022, 04:59 PM
That is quite the imagination.

You think he's worth less than Doug McDermott? He has become a pretty high quality center who will be 27 next summer and the salary cap will probably be $130 million or so for 2023-24.

baseline bum
05-17-2022, 05:04 PM
I respect the team that they have built but personally i just don't like the attitude that golden states plays with. The mouth chewing the, nut kicking (though that has been toned down this year) and the general sense of arrogance and superiority. They are not a likable humble team.

Good teams are arrogant as hell a lot of the time, from Bird's Celtics to Jordan's Bulls to the Shaq & Kobe Lakers to LeBron's Heat to Curry's Warriors. I can't hate on good teams just for having a different personality than Tim's.

KingKev
05-17-2022, 05:04 PM
You think he's worth less than Doug McDermott? He has become a pretty high quality center who will be 27 next summer and the salary cap will probably be $130 million or so for 2023-24.

McDermott was then, and is now a terrible contract so I don’t understand the comparison.

I think similar comps are less than Jarrett Allen recently received, less than what Jonas will receive this offseason and not far from what Steven Adams will get in the same free agency period.

15mm or so…

baseline bum
05-17-2022, 05:09 PM
McDermott was then, and is now a terrible contract so I don’t understand the comparison.

I think similar comps are less than Jarrett Allen recently received, less than what Jonas will receive this offseason and not far from what Steven Adams will get in the same free agency period.

15mm or so…

Vucevic makes $24 million. Lauri Markkanen's scrub ass makes $17 million a year. Jarett Allen should fire his agent for only getting $20 million a year and no raises.

KingKev
05-17-2022, 05:10 PM
Vucevic makes $24 million. Lauri Markkanen's scrub ass makes $17 million a year. Jarett Allen should fire his agent for only getting $20 million a year and no raises.

Both bad comparisons. Mark is a bad contract and everyone knows that.

Vuc is a WAY better offensive threat and former AS who averaged 20+ for multiple seasons and can shoot the 3.

exstatic
05-17-2022, 05:17 PM

Vuvevic and Markkanen both shoot the 3 ball. Poeltl can’t even make FTs. I’m one of the strongest Poodle supporters here, but he’s a $16-18M player.

baseline bum
05-17-2022, 05:18 PM
Vuvevic and Markkanen both shoot the 3 ball. Poeltl can’t even make FTs. I’m one of the strongest Poodle supporters here, but he’s a $16-18M player.

I really can't see him signing that cheap. He's too good defensively to settle so low. Feel like hometown discount would be $20 million starting with 6% raises (or whatever the non-Bird raise is), especially with a $130 million cap.

JeffDuncan
05-17-2022, 05:25 PM

15mm or so…

Right about McDermott being a bad comparison. The Spurs doubled McDermott’s pay because, like some other teams, they got caught up in the 3-pt shooting specialist fad, (which a number of teams may now regret.)

The better comparison might be DJM. It’s hard to see the Spurs paying Poeltl more than DJ. Hard to justify. So, 4yrs and a total of 64M should be the most the Spurs should consider. Poeltl would be wise to take it.

KingKev
05-17-2022, 05:25 PM
I really can't see him signing that cheap. He's too good defensively to settle so low. Feel like hometown discount would be $20 million starting with 6% raises (or whatever the non-Bird raise is), especially with a $130 million cap.

The hometown discount is him securing a max extension of 4yrs/50mm when available. Jak is exactly the type of
player to take some money off the table given the relationship.

KingKev
05-17-2022, 05:28 PM
Right about McDermott being a bad comparison. The Spurs doubled McDermott’s pay because, like some other teams, they got caught up in the 3-pt shooting specialist fad, (which a number of teams may now regret.)

The better comparison might be DJM. It’s hard to see the Spurs paying Poeltl more than DJ. Hard to justify. So, 4yrs and a total of 64M should be the most the Spurs should consider. Poeltl would be wise to take it.

This is not how I equate relative value. You need to use current comps and if they aren’t accurate comps make adjustments. Jak’s market will never be dictated by a guards deal 4 years ago and DJM’s deal was complicated by him coming off a serious injury making it even less useful.

I do agree with McD’s assessment. Never understood that as few teams had more than the MLE to offer.

TD 21
05-17-2022, 05:36 PM

:lmao He'll likely fall either toward the high end of Williams, Carter Jr., Holmes, Gafford ($10-14M) or in between them and Capela, Allen, Adams, Valanciunas ($16-20M) and all of which signed within' the past 2 years.

MannyIsGod
05-17-2022, 05:40 PM
I got to see the Spurs come back from the most crushing Finals loss imaginable to climb that mountain right back again the next year and completely pick their rival apart in one of the nastiest revenge series of all time. And then I got to see the Suns think they were doing the same with their 64 win season only to lay an egg and get booed off their home floor in a Game 7.

Lololololololol

Ok but just to be clear fuck Dallas too.

baseline bum
05-17-2022, 05:41 PM
The hometown discount is him securing a max extension of 4yrs/50mm when available. Jak is exactly the type of
player to take some money off the table given the relationship.

4 years, $50 million is lunacy, he's not signing for that pittance.

KingKev
05-17-2022, 05:43 PM
4 years, $50 million is lunacy, he's not signing for that pittance.

I agree he should test free agency, but there is a chance he entertains that long term deal ahead of next year if offered.

baseline bum
05-17-2022, 05:47 PM
I agree he should test free agency, but there is a chance he entertains that long term deal ahead of next year if offered.

He could go play on a title contender or in a better market for that kind money, 4yr/$50 million would put his base salary maybe $1 million over MLE. Don't know why people expect athletes to take huge paycuts under their market value all the time.

KingKev
05-17-2022, 05:51 PM
He could go play on a title contender or in a better market for that kind money, 4yr/$50 million would put his base salary maybe $1 million over MLE. Don't know why people expect athletes to take huge paycuts under their market value all the time.

Agreed he could which is why I think 15mm or so is a likely price that clears the market. Jak stays between SA and his hometown in Austria. Not sure a bigger market is important to him. Probably the opposite. Contenders are less likely to pay up for him. Also, remember each year only a handful of teams these days have cap beyond the MLE.

MannyIsGod
05-17-2022, 06:07 PM
Any talk of jak signing a 4/50 is absolutely fucking ridiculous. There's zero chance of it being that low.

MannyIsGod
05-17-2022, 06:09 PM
If anyone believes Jak is signing for 12.5 per year I urge them to put their money where their mouth is cause that's a bet I'll easily take.

FutureMan
05-17-2022, 11:59 PM
If anyone believes Jak is signing for 12.5 per year I urge them to put their money where their mouth is cause that's a bet I'll easily take.

People are probably just trying to find a way for him to stay. Reality is that it’s probably time to move on. Poeltl has hit his peak but certainly has a ton of value around the league.