PDA

View Full Version : NBA: WarriorRef watch vs Mavs

MultiTroll
05-16-2022, 10:35 AM
I know it can be tortuous and respect the people enjoy fairness and justice thus they simply avoid Warriors games for that reason.
That having been said, for those of us who will watch let's track their MVP.

Fully warmed up and delivered in Rounds 1 and 2.

https://youtu.be/1PNG3Ric1xE

Thread
05-16-2022, 10:36 AM
Only pussies & assholes blame the officiating.

MultiTroll
05-16-2022, 11:10 AM
Weaselin on a Saturday night.

MultiTroll
05-19-2022, 12:13 AM
Lol classic warriors. Foul, foul, foul... doncic gets murdered, nothing. Hahhaha good luck dallas.

I’m at the game donkey draymond screams in the refs ear for a minute each foul call no technical. Dinwiddie does it once for a few seconds and it’s a tech
Watched Dinwiddie get fouled by Klanus on a three point attempt.
Not only no call on Klanus, Din got rung up for a technical for very minor pointing out to ref that his arm was hit.

Thanks for the tip off TR and mystartr34, I then bailed, didn't need the aggravation. Did watch about 6 minutes worth. Mavs 1st half comeback derailed in large part by WR.
Apparently plenty more gems this game.

Searched, will post unless NBA.com and Gay Area Google have scrubbed the play from the internet.

Thread
05-19-2022, 03:07 AM
Watched Dinwiddie get fouled by Klanus on a three point attempt.
Not only no call on Klanus, Din got rung up for a technical for very minor pointing out to ref that his arm was hit.

Thanks for the tip off TR and mystartr34, I then bailed, didn't need the aggravation. Did watch about 6 minutes worth. Mavs 1st half comeback derailed in large part by WR.
Apparently plenty more gems this game.

Searched, will post unless NBA.com and Gay Area Google have scrubbed the play from the internet.

MultiTroll
05-19-2022, 09:33 AM
https://i.ibb.co/V31nFCF/image.png (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=285546&page=12&p=10511440&viewfull=1#post10511440)

Image is linked to the ELE citations, in which he proposed the bet! It's the ultimate welch, not just accepting an ELE but proposing it and then not abiding. Dale's been lying about me forgiving him since ole Joe ate his ice cream gave him the bidness.

Dale is a welcher, PERIOD.

Thread
05-19-2022, 09:35 AM
^^^
Originally Posted by Thread (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10736764#post10736764)

MultiTroll
05-19-2022, 09:45 AM
Image is linked to the ELE citations, in which he proposed the bet! It's the ultimate welch, not just accepting an ELE but proposing it and then not abiding. Dale's been lying about me forgiving him since ole Joe ate his ice cream gave him the bidness.

Dale is a welcher, PERIOD.

Mitch
05-19-2022, 10:32 AM
^^^
Originally Posted by Thread (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10736764#post10736764)

That's right, Cub. You owe splits and faggs 'nary a single fart

MultiTroll
05-19-2022, 10:40 AM
Threadin / Weaselin on a Saturday night.

Derpin on a Saturday night (spurstalk.com) (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=297619&highlight=Saturday+night)

Saturday, I'm just waitin for the 12:01.
Can't wait to try to unleash my sock alts on every one.
Women? Got no interest in some poon.
If i need a little snuggling by side I'll log in daboom.

Chorus:
Playin with my profile charts,
knowing it's not really smart.
If that's what i have to doo ooo,
To try to get attention from you.

Laptops? a 98 Dell on every shelf.
Fixin for an evening of postings to myself.
Drinking? No beer no wine no gin.
All i got to do is continually log out/log in.

Chorus:
Playin with my profile charts,
knowing it's not really smart.
If that's what i have to doo ooo,

Threadin on a Saturday night.
Knowing it's not really right.
That's what I'm gonna do ooo.

Weaselin on a Saturday night.
Knowing it's not really right.
That's what I currently doo ooo

Thread
05-19-2022, 10:54 AM
^^^

Thread
05-19-2022, 10:55 AM
That's right, Cub. You owe splits and faggs 'nary a single fart

Thus, they'll receive nary.

Nary!!!

MultiTroll
05-19-2022, 11:00 AM
https://politpost.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/Johnny-Depp-v-Amber-Heard-defamation-trial-This-weeks-craziest.jpg

Parrot all you want.
Twon't wash away the stench of the weasel lie.

Thread
05-19-2022, 11:03 AM
Parrot all you want.
Twon't wash away the stench of the weasel lie.

Come ta Pappy.

Signed,

- Pappy

FrostKing
05-20-2022, 01:02 AM
What's the story on Vlade not drafting Luka with 2nd pick?

FrostKing
05-20-2022, 01:15 AM
Someone needs to get the Warriors a nail clipper, Luka was all scratched up

Killakobe81
05-20-2022, 07:44 AM
^^^

Truer words or some such …
Never understood the need to wallow in officiating overall.
Yes, individual games in The NBA MLB NFL have screwed teams with bad or no calls look at the saints or the Dez catch along with lakers Sacramento series the Diaw/Amare ruling which Sour fans forget but love to point Lakers or Warriors ref.
And the argument that I say this because the Lakers benefit is bullshit… Cowboys are my nfl team, hasn’t won shit in 25 years have lost two playoff games partially on shaky ref application of rules so much do catch rule was changed but I don’t bitch about refs there either. If it’s fixed don’t watch cuz it’s why I stopped watching WWF/WWE as a teen if it’s fixed why would I bother?!
And again is it only fixed when it goes against you?!

Killakobe81
05-20-2022, 07:47 AM
What's the story on Vlade not drafting Luka with 2nd pick?

Suns too

Texas_Ranger
05-20-2022, 08:54 AM
Theres reports that Doncic was playing sick the first game and is still sick.... how much luck do these faggots have?

FrostKing
05-20-2022, 08:44 PM
Mavericks drunk on 3point shooting. Maybe this is their only path to a title with this currently constructed roster but it's unattractive for viewers.

Mark Celibate
05-20-2022, 09:00 PM
holy shit, Draymond Green could practically murder a ref on the spot and still not get a second technical

Robz4000
05-20-2022, 09:17 PM
Bad news for the Mavs, shooting unconscious from three and only up 14 at the half.

FrostKing
05-20-2022, 09:35 PM
Klay surprised he averaged 20 PPG in regular season. Invisible out there.

:lol Kerr is so finished with Green's shit. Half the results of Worm but double the attitude.

Neo.
05-20-2022, 09:39 PM
Bad news for the Mavs, shooting unconscious from three and only up 14 at the half.

wiggins was shooting really well and Steph couldn't miss, yet they were down 14

Texas_Ranger
05-20-2022, 09:43 PM
Draymond is the most protected player in the league. This is a joke.

Robz4000
05-20-2022, 09:43 PM
wiggins was shooting really well and Steph couldn't miss, yet they were down 14

Curry being unstoppable is sustainable, Mavs averaging 15 3s a half is not.

Robz4000
05-20-2022, 09:47 PM
Shit, Dubs are gonna have the lead before the end of the quarter.

Neo.
05-20-2022, 09:53 PM
Curry being unstoppable is sustainable, Mavs averaging 15 3s a half is not.

tbh they were just hitting ridiculously wide open 3s and still missed quite a few in the first half

not like they did anything special either

lefty
05-20-2022, 10:07 PM
Excellent choke job

Texas_Ranger
05-20-2022, 10:08 PM
Sweep incoming. Warriors are just much better.

Neo.
05-20-2022, 10:10 PM
same thing

role players hit wide open shots, Mavs lead big

they start bricking and the GS defense packs the paint, GS goes on runs

just the way the mavs are built and GS is defending, this is the simple formula for the series.

Neo.
05-20-2022, 10:11 PM
although luka needs to utilize the floater a bit more, he's getting those looks but not taking them

Robz4000
05-20-2022, 10:15 PM
Sweep incoming. Warriors are just much better.

This tbh.

Killakobe81
05-20-2022, 10:33 PM
Draymond is the most protected player in the league. This is a joke.

Ok this is true no one gets away with more ref abuse

FrostKing
05-20-2022, 10:36 PM
I missed Green's 1st technical. Maybe makeup blind eye?

Mavericks stale 2nd Half. Warriors look solid but far from unbeatable. As I predicted it will be Celtics and long series. I might even take Boston. Warriors more prone to fall into lazy bad habits in long series.

Robz4000
05-20-2022, 10:38 PM
:lol Mavs' big man situation is so bad that Kevon Looney looks like an all star against them

FrostKing
05-20-2022, 11:01 PM
Barkley looking sharp in Mavericks kit. Shoulda have joined after Houston :lol

Mavericks just don't have an identity beyond we will make 3 pointers. Kinda sad this team made the Conference Finals. The Heat play better defense and team unity.

Texas_Ranger
05-21-2022, 03:19 AM
Dallas overachieved by even getting here. Just look at the Warriors players. Most of them are high picks, while you look at Dallas and its second rounders and undrafted guys. Dallas needs a great offseason to be a great team. They especially need a center. The fact that they got here with Powell and Kleber as centers is a miracle. These two dont scare anyone in the g league. Also, Brunson will never be a second star on a serious team, so overpaying for him will be the big mistake. Idk, they are like some random generated team with Luka and role players.

Luka Doncic
05-21-2022, 07:40 AM
But Kidd, who opted not to call a timeout as the Warriors made their run in the third quarter, felt the Mavs needed to be more aggressive off the dribble when their jumpers stopped falling.

:lmao Kidd wanted them to drive the ball and not shoot so many 3’s in the third quarter, but opted not to call a timeout and tell them that. He’s already getting full of himself thinking he’s Phil Jackson.

Dirks_Finale
05-21-2022, 08:28 AM
:lol Mavs' big man situation is so bad that Kevon Looney looks like an all star against them

Powell/Kleber a total of 3 pts and 3 boards in 41 overall minutes. :lol

Luka Doncic
05-21-2022, 09:00 AM
Tough one for Suns fans, Looney > Ayton

Mark Celibate
05-21-2022, 09:39 AM
Kleber is not bad for the Mavericks style, but Powell is in the 'viability of suicide' tier of useless

Texas_Ranger
05-21-2022, 11:24 AM
Kleber is not bad for the Mavericks style, but Powell is in the 'viability of suicide' tier of useless

he's bad, cause he's inconsistent as fuck. He's a player that should be getting 10-15 min max in this kind of games, or actually in most games. And thats the whole teams problem. I love how Dinwiddie scores 25 one game and everyone is like ''see, Luka has enough help'', while this is not true at all. The team is horrible. They are basically playing 2 guys in the starting lineup that can dribble the ball. I know people like Finney Smith, but other than making an open three and being a solid defender, he can't do much. Same goes for Bullock. And Powell is just a guy that is lucky that Luka finds him when he's wide open. If I was Luka I'd be very concerned if he can't get a real second option, which Brunson will never be, as he's just a midget and playig him with Luka is a disaster for defense.
If Dallas wants to be a serious team most of the team must go away. They are pretty much the Spurs, just that they have Luka, while the Spurs have a bunch of role players, that people believe in.

Neo.
05-21-2022, 11:59 AM
he's bad, cause he's inconsistent as fuck. He's a player that should be getting 10-15 min max in this kind of games, or actually in most games. And thats the whole teams problem. I love how Dinwiddie scores 25 one game and everyone is like ''see, Luka has enough help'', while this is not true at all. The team is horrible. They are basically playing 2 guys in the starting lineup that can dribble the ball. I know people like Finney Smith, but other than making an open three and being a solid defender, he can't do much. Same goes for Bullock. And Powell is just a guy that is lucky that Luka finds him when he's wide open. If I was Luka I'd be very concerned if he can't get a real second option, which Brunson will never be, as he's just a midget and playig him with Luka is a disaster for defense.
If Dallas wants to be a serious team most of the team must go away. They are pretty much the Spurs, just that they have Luka, while the Spurs have a bunch of role players, that people believe in.

people like you are what creates the skip baylesses of the world

it's very obvious the Mavs aren't the most talented team top to bottom, but you keep acting like it's a bunch of g leaguers, when in fact they are a lot of quality players who play their roles very well (similar to Jordans bulls squads). it's obvious that more help would greatly increase their odds, but each series after losing the first game people like you have said the same crap "Luka has no help, it's about to be a sweep" and each time the supporting cast made adjustments, stepped up, and came through. will they in this series? hard to say, they might not. but they deserve more credit than you are giving them, and Luka deserves his share of blame as well with how each series he has almost singlehandedly turned the momentum of a game bad because he killed offensive flow (g4 Utah, g5 pho, g2 GS). also his crappy shape and conditioning has led to being attacked on defense late in games when he's tired, and cost the team massively.

Luka is arguably the best player in the NBA, but he has his own flaws he's working through and learning from as well. I'd definitely love the Mavs to get more help, but after how they've continued to bounce back this whole run, they need to be credited massively as well. all of them have driven up their name recognition and trade value. even if they lose the series, this playoff run was a HUGE win for so many reasons, and the role players have been a big part of it

daslicer
05-21-2022, 12:24 PM
Dallas overachieved by even getting here. Just look at the Warriors players. Most of them are high picks, while you look at Dallas and its second rounders and undrafted guys. Dallas needs a great offseason to be a great team. They especially need a center. The fact that they got here with Powell and Kleber as centers is a miracle. These two dont scare anyone in the g league. Also, Brunson will never be a second star on a serious team, so overpaying for him will be the big mistake. Idk, they are like some random generated team with Luka and role players.

Their success reminds me of the Lebron Cavs during the '07 playoffs granted that Cavs team made it to the finals but still it was obvious they shouldn't have been there but made it due to Lebron's great talent and his ability to elevate role players. Luka has this same type of ability but like Lebron it won't be enough to win a title without having a legit second star.

Killakobe81
05-21-2022, 01:35 PM
Their success reminds me of the Lebron Cavs during the '07 playoffs granted that Cavs team made it to the finals but still it was obvious they shouldn't have been there but made it due to Lebron's great talent and his ability to elevate role players. Luka has this same type of ability but like Lebron it won't be enough to win a title without having a legit second star.
This is pretty much exactly what I said a week ago but you said it better.

endrity
05-21-2022, 01:38 PM

While I think Neo. is correct to a certain extent in that Luka needs to improve his conditioning and team play at times, by and large I think it's true that the team has overachieved. This is a group that needs a second AND third option much better than what they currently have in order to compete for the title. Unfortunately, they have no real clear way to get there other than a very lucky trade. They don't have and won't have good picks or cap space. I think they were ultimately correct in not investing more time in Porziginis but Brunson and company are not a good enough team to surround Luka with.

Neo.
05-21-2022, 01:50 PM
tbh while ik a lot of people arent a huge fan of gobert, i think hes gotten way underappreciated. if the mavs had a way to get him while keeping the core of luka, brunson, and dodo intact, id go for him in a heartbeat. id be willing to sacrifice some offensive potential around luka, for a monster defensive squad. i truly believe the best way to build around luka would be to imitate how the bulls were built around jordan, in terms of being super strong defensively, and efficient on offense with players who know and play their roles perfectly. we dont need him to be embiid or jokic, we just need him to be tyson chandler.

tbh i think brunson has proven that while he isnt a traditional player we'd look at as a #2, he might be a very good #2 for luka in the proper system, especially because of the chemistry they have. he plays off him incredibly well, and has proven that he overcame his struggles with long defenders, and was eating Bridges/CP3 last series, and has generally gotten any shot he wants on Klay, Wiggins and Draymond so far. id of course prefer something better, but i think he might be better than he gets credit for being

Texas_Ranger
05-21-2022, 01:54 PM
people like you are what creates the skip baylesses of the world

it's very obvious the Mavs aren't the most talented team top to bottom, but you keep acting like it's a bunch of g leaguers, when in fact they are a lot of quality players who play their roles very well (similar to Jordans bulls squads). it's obvious that more help would greatly increase their odds, but each series after losing the first game people like you have said the same crap "Luka has no help, it's about to be a sweep" and each time the supporting cast made adjustments, stepped up, and came through. will they in this series? hard to say, they might not. but they deserve more credit than you are giving them, and Luka deserves his share of blame as well with how each series he has almost singlehandedly turned the momentum of a game bad because he killed offensive flow (g4 Utah, g5 pho, g2 GS). also his crappy shape and conditioning has led to being attacked on defense late in games when he's tired, and cost the team massively.

Luka is arguably the best player in the NBA, but he has his own flaws he's working through and learning from as well. I'd definitely love the Mavs to get more help, but after how they've continued to bounce back this whole run, they need to be credited massively as well. all of them have driven up their name recognition and trade value. even if they lose the series, this playoff run was a HUGE win for so many reasons, and the role players have been a big part of it

Yea they perhaps are similar to the Jordan Bulls teams.. the shitty 80's ones.
And i have said lots of times, especially at the beginning of the season that Luka needs to be in a better shape, cause this season it was pathetic how he came in. But even a healthy Luka wont win u a ring with role players. He also gets tired cause he needs to do pretty much everything. I dont think a better shape will make a giant difference. Dallas has the most created open shots in the league. And its not cause of Brunson and Dinwidie.
On the end of the day, Dallas roster needs changes and they also need a second star player.
Another thing is, Luka is still playing just for fun, and is still not serious about all of this. Perhaps this year will make him get serious.

Gobert is a good option, but Brunson as the second option is not. Especially if u wanna have a defensivd team. Him and Luka just dont offer that much on defense. Cause Luka, even if a lot better than last years, is still just not quick enough and Brunson is just a midget. Dallas needs someone like Beal for the second option.

Neo.
05-21-2022, 01:56 PM
And have said lots of times, especially at the beginning of the season that Luka needs to be in better shape, cause this season it was pathetic how he came in. But even a healthy Luka wont win u a ring with role players. He also gets tired cause he needs to do pretty much everything. I dont think a better shape will make a giant difference. Dalas has the most created open shots in the league. And its not cause of Brunson and Dinwidie.
On the end of the day, Dallas roster needs changes and they also need a second star player.
Another thing is, Luka is still playing just for fun, and is still not serious about all of this. Perhaps this year will make him get serious.

no one said that they dont need upgrades

just theres no need to act like the team is just some pathetic pile of trash. they are solid, just not great. one or two pieces can take them to that great level, as opposed to replacing every single player as you suggested.

Texas_Ranger
05-21-2022, 02:00 PM
no one said that they dont need upgrades

just theres no need to act like the team is just some pathetic pile of trash. they are solid, just not great. one or two pieces can take them to that great level, as opposed to replacing every single player as you suggested.

I said most of the team. Luka, Bullock and Finney Smith are the only guys id keep. Everyone else can go on the trading block and wont be missed.

lefty
05-21-2022, 02:12 PM
I don’t think Luka is playing just for fun
He has a very competitive streak

daslicer
05-21-2022, 03:18 PM
I don’t think Luka is playing just for fun
He has a very competitive streak

I agree I have seen his competitive streak the last few years in the playoffs. I think he will eventually win a title but the question is will it be in Dallas or somewhere else?

FrostKing
05-21-2022, 05:43 PM
Mavs were pulling up for 3s on fastbreaks. It was sad to see.

Luka Doncic
05-21-2022, 07:04 PM
I really don’t want to invest a lot in the center position. GS is showing that just finding the right fit at a cheap cost is good enough. You just have to upgrade from Powell, it can’t be that hard. Find a guy who can switch on the perimeter and won’t get shoved around like a child.

I’d rather draft a guy like Christian Koloko, and make moves to get more wing depth.

Robz4000
05-21-2022, 07:30 PM
I really don’t want to invest a lot in the center position. GS is showing that just finding the right fit at a cheap cost is good enough. You just have to upgrade from Powell, it can’t be that hard. Find a guy who can switch on the perimeter and won’t get shoved around like a child.

I’d rather draft a guy like Christian Koloko, and make moves to get more wing depth.

Works for the Dubs because they have Donkey tbh.

daslicer
05-21-2022, 08:56 PM
Works for the Dubs because they have Donkey tbh.

Agreed. A lot of teams are dumb and think they can get away with small ball because the Warriors do it. Like you said it only works for the Warriors because Draymond is allowed to hack the shit out of guys on the defensive end.

Luka Doncic
05-21-2022, 09:08 PM
You need a center, but you don’t need an expensive center. I just don’t want Dallas wasting money on a guy like Gobert and tie up all their cap room there. The league is all about switchable lineups, you need a center who can keep up on defense, grab rebounds, and stay out of the paint unless he’s catching lobs or offensive rebounds. And you need him to be cheap.

daslicer
05-21-2022, 09:13 PM
You need a center, but you don’t need an expensive center. I just don’t want Dallas wasting money on a guy like Gobert and tie up all their cap room there. The league is all about switchable lineups, you need a center who can keep up on defense, grab rebounds, and stay out of the paint unless he’s catching lobs or offensive rebounds. And you need him to be cheap.

A Mitchell Robinson type of center would fit in well with the Mavs.

Killakobe81
05-22-2022, 01:39 AM
And i have said lots of times, especially at the beginning of the season that Luka needs to be in a better shape, cause this season it was pathetic how he came in. But even a healthy Luka wont win u a ring with role players. He also gets tired cause he needs to do pretty much everything. I dont think a better shape will make a giant difference. Dallas has the most created open shots in the league. And its not cause of Brunson and Dinwidie.

Gobert is a good option, but Brunson as the second option is not. Especially if u wanna have a defensivd team. Him and Luka just dont offer that much on defense. Cause Luka, even if a lot better than last years, is still just not quick enough and Brunson is just a midget. Dallas needs someone like Beal for the second option.

Brunson could be fine as #3 if they get a better #2 Dojo is a solid role player kleber is okay too
Again the #1 on a potential title team is the hardest piece to get
Plus Kidd looks like a good coach get
Cuban is willing to spend

Texas_Ranger
05-22-2022, 02:55 AM

They need Myles Turner and make a Brunson sign and trade for a second scoring option that needs to be an all star caliber player. Like I said before, I'd only let Luka, Bullock and DFS stay for sure. Everyone else is not needed if u can get something for them. West is gonna be even harder next year, so going in with the same team will be a big mistake.

Chris Fall
05-22-2022, 08:01 AM
It's not just Draymond defensively, but Steph and Klay and Poole and even Wiggins offensively that allow the Warriors to have a center like Looney. On most nights, they need next to nothing from Looney in terms of scoring. And when they get scoring from him like in game 2, it's all gravy. It's not like hey they can win games with their starting center only scoring 10 points a game. No, it's like they can blow out teams with their starting center scoring only 2-4 points a game. That kind of center doesn't work on maybe any other team in the league.

I wonder how much Andre Drummond is looking for in free agency. He played on a vet minimum this past season, I believe. Would he take the MLE? Would a team like Dallas offer him the MLE? For all his warts and lack of basketball IQ, Drummond offers several of the things the Mavs could use in a center, even if it's in an 18-24 minutes a game type of role. And as big as he is, he's actually better than most centers switching onto guards and wings and playing them solid. He's just a doofus too often and he lacks self awareness on and off the court.

Luka Doncic
05-22-2022, 08:10 AM
Myles Turner is nice in theory but he’s hurt more than Porzingis. No thanks to Drummond.

The best options imo are to draft a center, or see if the Kings will give up Richaun Holmes since they already have Sabonis, although he’s not very good defensively so that creates it’s own set of problems. But all I really want is to not see Dwight Powell’s stupid face anymore.

Mark Celibate
05-22-2022, 09:17 AM
Dwight Powell is a homeless man's version of Clint Capela. He's the definition of a "high energy, hustle" player that will always disappear in the playoffs but always tricks people into thinking he's a good player with his random, empty stats 20 point games in January tbh

Fat Brandon Bass
05-22-2022, 10:11 AM
I know it can be tortuous and respect the people enjoy fairness and justice thus they simply avoid Warriors games for that reason.
That having been said, for those of us who will watch let's track their MVP.

Fully warmed up and delivered in Rounds 1 and 2.

https://youtu.be/1PNG3Ric1xE

You kind of have to cross that bridge at some point...You can't just pace the play ENTIRELY around the husband and his "needs"....he wants to enjoy this when his dick is soft too and a responsible bull understands this and teaches/trains the little cuck to know how to participate in a gratifying way that doesn't involve blowing his load on the floor/in-his-hand/bed or anywhere else where it starts to be a chore dodging sperm that isn't yours....

Dirks_Finale
05-22-2022, 11:37 AM
Brunson could be fine as #3 if they get a better #2 Dojo is a solid role player kleber is okay too
Again the #1 on a potential title team is the hardest piece to get
Plus Kidd looks like a good coach get
Cuban is willing to spend

That was pre shark tank Cuban.

This current version is always looking for Chris Kaman or Devin Harris type bargains.

Hopefully he realizes that Luka is not stupid and knows what legit help is.

Texas_Ranger
05-22-2022, 11:40 AM
i just saw some Draymond bitching at the refs compilation from just the first two games.. LOL NBA, this is a joke. This donkey is more protected than LeBron or any other player. Lucky ass role player.

MultiTroll
05-22-2022, 12:05 PM
i just saw some Draymond bitching at the refs compilation from just the first two games.. LOL NBA, this is a joke. This donkey is more protected than LeBron or any other player. Lucky ass role player.
Do post if you have a link.

Not sure if and when it will be revealed what the catalyst was for the Most Rigged trophy being temporarily passed from Lakers to Warriors.

Mark Celibate
05-22-2022, 12:16 PM
Yeah that was some of the biggest player favoritism I’ve ever seen toward one guy in regards to the refs refusing to give Draymond a second T/ejection in the 2nd game. Comical really but I didn’t care too much. Admittedly I don’t watch the Warriors too much but he doesn’t seem like much of a difference maker in this series anyway. They went on their big run with him on the sidelines and he’s not exactly “shutting anybody down” if he’s not guarding Doncic

Texas_Ranger
05-22-2022, 12:21 PM
Do post if you have a link.

Not sure if and when it will be revealed what the catalyst was for the Most Rigged trophy being temporarily passed from Lakers to Warriors.

This is just from game 2. I saw a longer one yesterday, but cant find it

https://www.reddit.com/r/Mavericks/comments/uupbl2/the_mavs_need_to_send_this_green_compilation/

MultiTroll
05-22-2022, 12:29 PM
This is just from game 2. I saw a longer one yesterday, but cant find it

https://www.reddit.com/r/Mavericks/comments/uupbl2/the_mavs_need_to_send_this_green_compilation/
Dallas 76
Phaggots 64
Over the back body and hack play. No call.
Just wow.

And he's allowed to run his bitch mouth about it as if he should have gotten the call.

Texas_Ranger
05-22-2022, 12:37 PM
Dallas 76
Phaggots 64
Over the back body and hack play. No call.
Just wow.

And he's allowed to run his bitch mouth about it as if he should have gotten the call.

he's been doing it for years, so i guess he's just immune to getting techs. He should be getting at least one every game the way he bitches at the refs. And this is not even the Luka crying at the refs, this guy pretty much just screams in their faces and its fine.

MultiTroll
05-22-2022, 04:41 PM
he's been doing it for years, so i guess he's just immune to getting techs. He should be getting at least one every game the way he bitches at the refs. And this is not even the Luka crying at the refs, this guy pretty much just screams in their faces and its fine.
And while the NBA overlooks Donkeys antics, it instead concerns itself with:

NBA fines Dallas Mavericks $100,000 for third bench-decorum violation of postseason (espn.com) (https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/33964278/nba-fines-dallas-mavericks-100k-third-bench-decorum-violation-postseason)

daslicer
05-22-2022, 04:54 PM

It’s not even about the officials being immune to him. Sheed did the same antics to the officials and he never got a pass from them and always got T’d up. I suspect favoritism from the league why Draymond isn’t getting tossed out of these games. I’m sure Silver has sent a memo to the officials to not be quick to give Draymond a tech or to eject him. Draymond plays for the league’s cash cow which allows him to get away with shit.

Texas_Ranger
05-22-2022, 08:53 PM
ROFLMAO. this guy can do whatever he wants... this is such a joke. Next year he'll perhaps be allowed to punch the refs.

Neo.
05-22-2022, 09:02 PM
sure must be nice to have a free pass to foul every possession lol

Mark Celibate
05-22-2022, 09:08 PM
for fuck's sake "Luka iso ball" can be ugly as sh!t sometimes. he needs to just attack whenever the swing pass gets to him and the defense is scrambling. All this dribbling up top for five seconds at a time is killing any rhythm; hence why any shot coming after a crazy iso-ball pass of his usually ends in a brick. it's like playing with that stubborn heroballer at the rec who freezes you out for long stretches so that whenever you do get it you're already cold

DMC
05-22-2022, 09:09 PM
Congrats to Mavs for winning the Social Justice Champion award.

Neo.
05-22-2022, 09:09 PM
:lmao the sheer number of moving screens that don't get called, usually because they aren't seen from the chaotic amount of movement the warriors do. brilliant strategy, but I don't get how refs haven't figured out the obvious gimmick after this many years

Neo.
05-22-2022, 09:11 PM
for fuck's sake "Luka iso ball" can be ugly as sh!t sometimes. he needs to just attack whenever the swing pass gets to him and the defense is scrambling. All this dribbling up top for five seconds at a time is killing any rhythm; hence why any shot coming after a crazy iso-ball pass of his usually ends in a brick. it's like playing with that stubborn heroballer at the rec who freezes you out for long stretches so that whenever you do get it you're already cold

yeah he slows it down too much at times he needs to just attack. they are overdoing the screens tbh. sometimes you just need to attack who's in front of you, and if it doesnt work and you need to reset, you still got 10-12 seconds to do so, as opposed to 5 seconds to get a desperate shot up

Texas_Ranger
05-22-2022, 09:12 PM
good luck winning when your shooter is shooting 0-6 on open threes.

Mark Celibate
05-22-2022, 09:16 PM
yeah he slows it down too much at times he needs to just attack. they are overdoing the screens tbh. sometimes you just need to attack who's in front of you, and if it doesnt work and you need to reset, you still got 10-12 seconds to do so, as opposed to 5 seconds to get a desperate shot up

that was a big problem with the Harden Rockets too. just sitting there watching a high volume dribbler eat away at the shot clock won't get you in rhythm even if he's a good passer. Dallas is best when there's penetration, a kickout, and the ball is moving around quickly. The high screen and roll where Luka "plays with his food" was only effective in the first round when they intentionally pulled Gobert away from the basket tbh. They should've abandoned that after that series imo

Luka Doncic
05-22-2022, 09:16 PM
Bullock & Dorian have had to play 40+ minutes every game in the playoffs, you can definitely see the fatigue now. They need another 3&D wing next year.

Mark Celibate
05-22-2022, 09:23 PM
ntilikina or w/e his name is has somehow made even dwight powell look like a competent player. :lol having to play these two useless G-league fucks in the WCF

FrostKing
05-22-2022, 09:26 PM
AMERICA WANTS

Draymond T'd Up

Luka Doncic
05-22-2022, 09:30 PM
ntilikina or w/e his name is has somehow made even dwight powell look like a competent player. :lol having to play these two useless G-league fucks in the WCF
Not to mention they could have Desmond Bane or Tyrese Maxey in the game if Cuban didn’t let a retarded crypto bro run his draft for him.

FrostKing
05-22-2022, 09:42 PM
GSW every 50/50 ball. Mavs are step slow maybe overthinking lacking confidence. Now looking to refs for help.

Gut check timeout. Respond or series over.

Brunson neutralized by gang of taller guards

Neo.
05-22-2022, 09:43 PM
:lmao at how many threes every game bane would splash with Luka creating for him

Mark Celibate
05-22-2022, 09:48 PM
F*ck this is like watching a poor man’s Harden Rockets

Texas_Ranger
05-22-2022, 09:48 PM
Kleber and Bullock 0-13 on open threes... Somehow Doncic will be blamed for this loss.

Mark Celibate
05-22-2022, 09:49 PM
Obviously this is just a sh!t roster that finally went cold but Luka needs to a) attack quicker and b) quit with the sh!tty body language/whining after every call. That’s rubbing off on the rest of the team IMO

FrostKing
05-22-2022, 09:55 PM
Curry wow.

That's only 1.5 point per possession. Elite players atleast get to the line.

Robz4000
05-22-2022, 09:56 PM
:lol people who thought the Mavs would win this series

DMC
05-22-2022, 09:59 PM
Dallas fucked up in gm 2 when they decided to try to outshoot the best 3pt shooting backcourt in NBA history, and instead of attacking the rim while in the bonus, they settled for long threes, but that has to be by design. Kidd was sending mixed messages, shoot when you're open but not if you missed a couple. I think it's wrong to tell a 3pt shooter to stop shooting 3's because they missed a few.

Killakobe81
05-22-2022, 09:59 PM
Obviously this is just a sh!t roster that finally went cold but Luka needs to a) attack quicker and b) quit with the sh!tty body language/whining after every call. That’s rubbing off on the rest of the team IMO

All facts. But State got a bunch of former all stars and even all nba players.
Luka had a team of role players comprised of inconsistent second rounder types.

DMC
05-22-2022, 10:00 PM
Kleber and Bullock 0-13 on open threes... Somehow Doncic will be blamed for this loss.

That comes with being the leader. They rarely blame role players.

FrostKing
05-22-2022, 10:03 PM
I need way more from Brunson. He's just a passing decoy. Shoot and draw fouls. Get to line. Slow the game.

Texas_Ranger
05-22-2022, 10:04 PM

they are getting outrebounded by 20 and dallas role players cant make open shots. LeBron shaped Luka would not save this team. It's time to build a better team, which I think Dallas is incapable of doing. Doncic is gonna be demanding a trade in 2 years if the roster does not improve. He'd rather go back to Europe than play with inconsistent role players.

FrostKing
05-22-2022, 10:09 PM
they are getting outrebounded by 20 and dallas role players cant make open shots. LeBron shaped Luka would not save this team. It's time to build a better team, which I think Dallas is incapable of doing. Doncic is gonna be demanding a trade in 2 years if the roster does not improve. He'd rather go back to Europe than play with inconsistent role players.
Hahah. Cuban will just low key give him some stock options in other companies. He's not leaving Dallas.

He's the Mbappe of NBA now. If he wants Brunson then they will resign him.

Texas_Ranger
05-22-2022, 10:13 PM
Hahah. Cuban will just low key give him some stock options in other companies. He's not leaving Dallas.

He's the Mbappe of NBA now. If he wants Brunson then they will resign him.

Im sure he'd love to see Brunson stay, but not as the second option. I dont see the guy as an even 3rd option on a championship team. Best case scenario is he becomes Fred VanVleet.

FrostKing
05-22-2022, 10:16 PM
Im sure he'd love to see Brunson stay, but not as the second option. I dont see the guy as an even 3rd option on a championship team. Best case scenario is he becomes Fred VanVleet.
I agree he's a #3. They just need a 3&D and high volume scorer. Both roles can be filled with aging players.

Texas_Ranger
05-22-2022, 10:39 PM
imagine if Bullock and Kleber didn't shoot 0-15.... But yea, Luka's fault.

Mark Celibate
05-22-2022, 10:45 PM
imagine if Bullock and Kleber didn't shoot 0-15.... But yea, Luka's fault.

who is saying it's Luka's fault? you're arguing with yourself

Neo.
05-22-2022, 11:02 PM
the role players are simply too reliant on the 3. there is no dive cutting or attacking closeouts (largely because they aren't good at it)

if they hit their open 3s, Dallas is unbeatable. but it's hard to rely on that for an entire playoff run. they were bound to go cold at some point. unfortunately they basically ALL did at the same time. but that's just how it goes when you're that reliant on 3s.

Kidd next season has to to incorporate more ways to get easy buckets from the role players when Luka and Brunson get trapped and doubled in the paint. GS is making Dallas pay for giving Steph and klay extra attention. Dallas isn't doing the same.

might be nice to have an athletic slasher like Harrison Barnes. too bad he was given up for the great Justin Jackson.

Neo.
05-22-2022, 11:03 PM
who is saying it's Luka's fault? you're arguing with yourself

his constant whining can actually make Mavs fans sick of Luka :lol

Luka Doncic
05-22-2022, 11:03 PM
Bullock/Dorian/Maxi are just out of gas. You can’t ride them this hard for 4 series. Relying on Dwight, and not having a decent bench player outside of Dinwiddie is what killed them. Upgrade at center and get another decent 3&D wing. Find a way to get rid of either Hardaway or Bertans, there should only be room for one streaky shooter who is utterly useless at everything else.

DMC
05-22-2022, 11:20 PM
the role players are simply too reliant on the 3. there is no dive cutting or attacking closeouts (largely because they aren't good at it)

if they hit their open 3s, Dallas is unbeatable. but it's hard to rely on that for an entire playoff run. they were bound to go cold at some point. unfortunately they basically ALL did at the same time. but that's just how it goes when you're that reliant on 3s.

Kidd next season has to to incorporate more ways to get easy buckets from the role players when Luka and Brunson get trapped and doubled in the paint. GS is making Dallas pay for giving Steph and klay extra attention. Dallas isn't doing the same.

might be nice to have an athletic slasher like Harrison Barnes. too bad he was given up for the great Justin Jackson.

Like the old saying, if you've got a flat tire you just know a role player will help you, they always show up during a blowout.

Neo.
05-22-2022, 11:38 PM
and while I'd still prefer to have a stronger player than brunson or dinwiddie, I think they are good enough for a luka team to win a championship. some of that is because Luka is just that good.

but everyone else going 5-27 is just unacceptable. gotta find ways to get easy buckets out of them, not just 3s. and a better defensive presence. as mono said, a quality center and one more 3 and D wing, and a little less reliance on 3s can make a world of difference, and turn these winnable losses into easy victories

Thread
05-23-2022, 02:55 AM
Good to see Media squirm the last 2 nights. First Boston crawlin', belly draggin' late and then last night...denied that series even getting offin' the ground. Nope!

Thread
05-23-2022, 02:58 AM
Good to see Media squirm the last 2 nights. First Boston crawlin', belly draggin' late and then last night...denied that series even getting offin' the ground. Nope!

...the chick that with Mahomes! A living doll. Sweet Jesus! That was the highlight of the whole fuckin' night.

FrostKing
05-23-2022, 03:06 AM
...the chick that with Mahomes! A living doll. Sweet Jesus! That was the highlight of the whole fuckin' night.
:lol she's like a 5/10 influencer Barbie

I let you borrow my IG log in

Killakobe81
05-23-2022, 05:49 AM

Beautiful long blonde curls but idk something off about her, thread. long face l? her mouth ? not sure … she has some pretty features but in a odd combo.
Personally the Becky Bronny took to prom, looks much better to me.

Killakobe81
05-23-2022, 05:57 AM

Agreed on most points, NEO.
Problem is to win the next two series is a big step.
Plenty of flash in the pan teams make WCF but winning it and the Finals will take more than Luka snd the current core.
I believe Luka doesn’t need a fellow superstar but he does need a two way borderline star like Middleton was for Giannis or Siakm provided Kawhi… none of Dallas top 3 players are good on defense.

Texas_Ranger
05-23-2022, 08:18 AM
Plenty of flash in the pan teams make WCF but winning it and the Finals will take more than Luka snd the current core.
I believe Luka doesn’t need a fellow superstar but he does need a two way borderline star like Middleton was for Giannis or Siakm provided Kawhi… none of Dallas top 3 players are good on defense.

Yeap, someone like middleton and a solid center will make the team much better. With brunson and dinwidie they aint going nowhere.

Michael Jordan.
05-23-2022, 09:58 AM
Fluka isn’t good on defense either. Lol getting cooked by a one legged Thompson

Killakobe81
05-23-2022, 11:11 AM
Fluka isn’t good on defense either. Lol getting cooked by a one legged Thompson

Said that when I said none of their top 3 …

Killakobe81
05-23-2022, 11:13 AM
Also agree with Neo as good as Kidd has been he gotta get more easy looks for the supporting cast.
That being said DOJo and bullock missed layups last night too

Luka Doncic
05-23-2022, 11:23 AM
The overreactions are pretty funny here. The team is getting the same easy, wide open looks they got vs Phoenix and Utah. The problem is they only have 5 decent players (5.5 if you count Maxi). These guys used everything they had to beat Phoenix, and now they’re exhausted. You can’t run 5 guys into the ground like this during the playoffs.

Addressing the center position and wing depth are their biggest needs. Brunson has taken steps every year, and I personally think he can handle a bigger scoring load next year. Dinwiddie was a deadline pickup, and 99% of the time those guys never fit in properly in year one. He should be able to develop more chemistry with Luka & Brunson too.

The scoring is going to be fine next season, and so is the defense. The problem is depth, and if they don’t fix that, and have to play Bullock/DoeDoe 45 minutes a game again next postseason, we’ll see the same results.

Sterling Brown and Frank were pretty terrible misses by the current front office. Josh Green is still TBD but he definitely is trending down. Hardaway & Bertans are what they are. I’m actually hoping they keep Pinson and give him a shot. But on top of that they just have to replace Powell and get another 3&D. This team is really close, they don’t need to blow all their capital acquiring an overrated second star.

Thread
05-23-2022, 11:30 AM
Beautiful long blonde curls but idk something off about her, thread. long face l? her mouth ? not sure … she has some pretty features but in a odd combo.
Personally the Becky Bronny took to prom, looks much better to me.

I've looked her up since they caught them courtside last night and it wasn't as sweet as then. Just that fucking moment was unbelievable. The perfection, her innocence caught precisely. Made my evening.

Neo.
05-23-2022, 12:10 PM
The overreactions are pretty funny here. The team is getting the same easy, wide open looks they got vs Phoenix and Utah. The problem is they only have 5 decent players (5.5 if you count Maxi). These guys used everything they had to beat Phoenix, and now they’re exhausted. You can’t run 5 guys into the ground like this during the playoffs.

Addressing the center position and wing depth are their biggest needs. Brunson has taken steps every year, and I personally think he can handle a bigger scoring load next year. Dinwiddie was a deadline pickup, and 99% of the time those guys never fit in properly in year one. He should be able to develop more chemistry with Luka & Brunson too.

The scoring is going to be fine next season, and so is the defense. The problem is depth, and if they don’t fix that, and have to play Bullock/DoeDoe 45 minutes a game again next postseason, we’ll see the same results.

Sterling Brown and Frank were pretty terrible misses by the current front office. Josh Green is still TBD but he definitely is trending down. Hardaway & Bertans are what they are. I’m actually hoping they keep Pinson and give him a shot. But on top of that they just have to replace Powell and get another 3&D. This team is really close, they don’t need to blow all their capital acquiring an overrated second star.

this. a quality big, a quality wing, some natural chemistry growth and a few tweaks by kidd, and they are there.

Thread
05-23-2022, 12:35 PM
I've looked her up since they caught them courtside last night and it wasn't as sweet as then. Just that fucking moment was unbelievable. The perfection, her innocence caught precisely. Made my evening.

ADDENDUM:::If anyone has it on a recording the moment is coming out of the end of the 3rd quarter commercials as they're sitting side-by-side on the sideline...and they catch her unawares.

I had deleted it on the DVR and went back and recovered it.

lefty
05-23-2022, 12:50 PM
:lol she's like a 5/10 influencer Barbie

I let you borrow my IG log in

:lol

Killakobe81
05-23-2022, 12:59 PM

I get not wanting to blow up team …
But it’s not just depth if so just getting Hardaway Jr back and a smart signing would fix that
I think if you are being truly honest more guys besides Brunson Dinwiddie and of course Luka that are both good enough shooters to force a hard close out but skilled enough to attack it off the bounce.
Yes Mavs Got some open looks they just missed … but there are levels. They are not very far but to say they are close is being a homer.
Took an epic collapse by Phx to get here but all credit to Mavs for applying the pressure that caused Suns to fold. I don’t think major changes are needed but small additions not enough either.

Killakobe81
05-23-2022, 01:08 PM
If Mavs gonna go the 2011 route they need to bring in a dpoty quality center
A hof PG that still got game
Add a versatile defender like Marion
And Dinwiddie or Brunson approximate Het who hit some big shots in big moments

Easier said than done

Luka Doncic
05-23-2022, 01:12 PM
I get not wanting to blow up team …
But it’s not just depth if so just getting Hardaway Jr back and a smart signing would fix that
I think if you are being truly honest more guys besides Brunson Dinwiddie and of course Luka that are both good enough shooters to force a hard close out but skilled enough to attack it off the bounce.
Yes Mavs Got some open looks they just missed … but there are levels. They are not very far but to say they are close is being a homer.
Took an epic collapse by Phx to get here but all credit to Mavs for applying the pressure that caused Suns to fold. I don’t think major changes are needed but small additions not enough either.
I just think the whole “they need a #2 scorer” take is wrong imo. They have scorers, they have shooters, and they have defense. They just need small additions there to make sure those guys stay fresh. But then fixing the center position is definitely more than a small upgrade. They have to get someone significantly better than Powell, which shouldn’t be very hard to do, but we’ve seen Dallas screw up the center position for decades now, sans 2011.

Luka Doncic
05-23-2022, 01:14 PM
But don’t get me wrong, if they find a way to add a guy like Zach Lavine, I’ll love it. I just don’t think it’s necessary to get this team into contention.

Killakobe81
05-23-2022, 04:06 PM
I just think the whole “they need a #2 scorer” take is wrong imo. They have scorers, they have shooters, and they have defense. They just need small additions there to make sure those guys stay fresh. But then fixing the center position is definitely more than a small upgrade. They have to get someone significantly better than Powell, which shouldn’t be very hard to do, but we’ve seen Dallas screw up the center position for decades now, sans 2011.

A #2 is not all about scoring. Pippen was a good scorer not a great one, but was a great defender and passer. He also can attack double teams and scrambling defense when defense is focused on the #1 for example, like Wiggins did to the Mavs last night. Wiggins doesn’t always play like it but he is the former number one pick in the draft but he is the 3rd sometimes 4th option for the Warriors. That’s a huge talent disparity. If Wiggins could play like this more consistently he would be perfect #2 for the Mavs. A defensive guy that can score against mismatches, attack the rim, defend on switches but not overly reliant on the 3 or ball dominant. Not a great passer but a good one basically a poor man’s pippen …along with a versatile big that can rim protect is what Mavs need.
Dinwiddie and Brunson are good enough scorers but on a title team those are your 3rd and 4th best players.
Winning the way you describe requires the magic of 2011 or the defense of the 2004 Pistons.
That is a hard way to build a team.

Killakobe81
05-23-2022, 04:07 PM
But don’t get me wrong, if they find a way to add a guy like Zach Lavine, I’ll love it. I just don’t think it’s necessary to get this team into contention.

I like Lavine his uncle is local to DFW btw …but you need a defender as the #2

Killakobe81
05-23-2022, 04:09 PM
kG Pippen Artest Mavs need a defensive wing guy that can score more than a straight #2 scorer

Neo.
05-23-2022, 06:48 PM
kG Pippen Artest Mavs need a defensive wing guy that can score more than a straight #2 scorer

yeah and exactly how many guys of that mold exist and are available? if its so easy, lebron would have gotten a few of those by now, but he literally has never been able to get one, because they are hard to come across. this a large reason of why the ring argument is so hated, because not many players have gotten as fortunate of situations as mike, bird, magic, kobe and steph. all of them either started in situations where basically everything they needed was there, or the solutions were available and taken. unfortunately for a guy like luka, he stepped into a situation where the drafting and contract management had been pathetic for years before him, he started winning quickly resulting in draft picks being late and unreliable, and the team screwed up horribly in how they wasted so many resources in rebuilding the roster after getting him.

keep in mind this is a team that turned:

harrison barnes, wesley matthews, dennis smith, deandre jordan, 3 first rounders, 3 second rounders and being around $5-7M over the cap
into
spencer dinwiddie, davis bertans, josh green (instead of desmond bane), tyrell terry (out of the league), and being $30m over the cap next year

anyways, point is that its easy to say "oh this is exactly what they need, they should go and get it!" but if its not a possibility, then other directions have to be explored.

Killakobe81
05-23-2022, 10:31 PM
yeah and exactly how many guys of that mold exist and are available? if its so easy, lebron would have gotten a few of those by now, but he literally has never been able to get one, because they are hard to come across. this a large reason of why the ring argument is so hated, because not many players have gotten as fortunate of situations as mike, bird, magic, kobe and steph. all of them either started in situations where basically everything they needed was there, or the solutions were available and taken. unfortunately for a guy like luka, he stepped into a situation where the drafting and contract management had been pathetic for years before him, he started winning quickly resulting in draft picks being late and unreliable, and the team screwed up horribly in how they wasted so many resources in rebuilding the roster after getting him.

keep in mind this is a team that turned:

harrison barnes, wesley matthews, dennis smith, deandre jordan, 3 first rounders, 3 second rounders and being around $5-7M over the cap
into
spencer dinwiddie, davis bertans, josh green (instead of desmond bane), tyrell terry (out of the league), and being $30m over the cap next year

anyways, point is that its easy to say "oh this is exactly what they need, they should go and get it!" but if its not a possibility, then other directions have to be explored.

I agree it’s easier said then done …
I want Luka to win a title at some point and it’s great to make lemonade out of lemons
But the shit gets exhausting and it’s why Bron left which is what I don’t want to happen especially since I live in DFW

Killakobe81
05-23-2022, 10:34 PM
But if they had listened to me and did not trade for nor doubled down on KP maybe they could have used assets they used to get or get him and flip him plus picks to get a wing.
Anyway I hope they do well I don’t like Cuban but rooting for Kidd and Doncic.

Mark Celibate
05-24-2022, 10:17 PM
:lol blowing a 30 point lead would be the most Mavs way to end the season

FrostKing
05-25-2022, 12:07 AM
I knew the Warriors would lay egg. Props to Mavs. Didn't watch saw Braves comeback.

Chris Fall
05-25-2022, 08:09 AM
I don't know that Luka needs a better #2 scorer as opposed to a different type of #2, maybe even a #3 scorer. Both Brunson and Dinwiddie are off the dribble, breakdown iso players. They both shot the ball well from distance this seafon, but neither is a volume three point shooter, unless they just have one of those games. Both are as likely to attempt 3-4 threes in a game as they are 7-8+ attempts.

Luka could use a #2 or even #3 scorer who is a volume but also consistent three point shooter. Dallas has shooters. But they're all role players. DFS and Kleber and Davis and Reggie, any of them might go off for 25 and hit 5, 6, 7 threes. But the next three games, they might average 5 points on 1-for-7 from three.

Now they're not just going to up and find another Klay Thompson. But can they get a Buddy Hield type secondary scorer, Joe Harris, Seth Curry? Maybe not ideal #2 or #3 guys. But high percentage, high volume three point shooters who on most nights will give Luka 18-20 points on 8-10 three point attempts a game. And I know he draws the ire from a lot of Mavs fan, but can THJ be that guy? Could Porzingis have been that guy if he stayed healthy?

I think it's the type of #2 scorer, different from Brunson and Dinwiddie, that could make a big difference. A volume three point shooter who doesn't necessarily need the ball in his hands to create and score. Just catch and shoot.

That and of course upgrade Dwight fucking Powell. Imagine the Mavs with a center like Deandre Ayton or Jarrett Allen.

Texas_Ranger
05-25-2022, 08:49 AM
Dwight Powell has like 3 total rebounds in this series.. hes a starting center. Roflmao

Dirks_Finale
05-25-2022, 06:14 PM
Dwight Powell has like 3 total rebounds in this series.. hes a starting center. Roflmao

Kleber has not done much either. He is a decent back up most of the time, though.

The more of I have seen from this team, the more I think they can mostly just stand pat. They just aren't mature enough and need some more seasoning. Just find a serviceable big and then let it rip the next few years.

Unfortunately, though, Cuban will probably let Brunson walk and then sign Yogi Ferrell for the minimum and hope that nobody notices :lol

Texas_Ranger
05-25-2022, 06:33 PM
Kleber has not done much either. He is a decent back up most of the time, though.

The more of I have seen from this team, the more I think they can mostly just stand pat. They just aren't mature enough and need some more seasoning. Just find a serviceable big and then let it rip the next few years.

Unfortunately, though, Cuban will probably let Brunson walk and then sign Yogi Ferrell for the minimum and hope that nobody notices :lol

Kleber is fine for the bench, but not playing 35 min in the playoffs. A big should be a big priority, cause that position is just horrible for the mavs.
I also still think that brunson should be traded for someone bigger that can shoot and play defense.
Signing Ferrell would make sense if they wanna have the third Olimpija player on the team with Luka and Bertans already there.

Neo.
05-25-2022, 07:47 PM
i would s&t brunson for jerami grant. i know pistons wanted him and grant wants out. not sure who to get at center though, might have to be a trade deadline guy next year

ive also always wanted john collins, but not sure how they would make that happen

DMC
05-26-2022, 09:21 PM
Klay thinking it's game 6.

DMC
05-26-2022, 09:22 PM

They overachieved this season. There simply weren't enough injuries to contenders to give Dallas the opening it needed. The Spurs (and others) have greatly benefited from the direction of the injury bug throughout their tenure atop the league.

monosylab1k
05-26-2022, 09:22 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AHCfZTRGiI

Neo.
05-26-2022, 09:25 PM
sheesh what is that 5-6 shots that rolled in and out? one of those games smh

Killakobe81
05-26-2022, 09:26 PM
I don't know that Luka needs a better #2 scorer as opposed to a different type of #2, maybe even a #3 scorer. Both Brunson and Dinwiddie are off the dribble, breakdown iso players. They both shot the ball well from distance this seafon, but neither is a volume three point shooter, unless they just have one of those games. Both are as likely to attempt 3-4 threes in a game as they are 7-8+ attempts.

Luka could use a #2 or even #3 scorer who is a volume but also consistent three point shooter. Dallas has shooters. But they're all role players. DFS and Kleber and Davis and Reggie, any of them might go off for 25 and hit 5, 6, 7 threes. But the next three games, they might average 5 points on 1-for-7 from three.

Now they're not just going to up and find another Klay Thompson. But can they get a Buddy Hield type secondary scorer, Joe Harris, Seth Curry? Maybe not ideal #2 or #3 guys. But high percentage, high volume three point shooters who on most nights will give Luka 18-20 points on 8-10 three point attempts a game. And I know he draws the ire from a lot of Mavs fan, but can THJ be that guy? Could Porzingis have been that guy if he stayed healthy?

I think it's the type of #2 scorer, different from Brunson and Dinwiddie, that could make a big difference. A volume three point shooter who doesn't necessarily need the ball in his hands to create and score. Just catch and shoot.

That and of course upgrade Dwight fucking Powell. Imagine the Mavs with a center like Deandre Ayton or Jarrett Allen.

Agree with most of this especially a different # 2
But problem is none of their top 3 guys can defend…

Killakobe81
05-26-2022, 09:27 PM
Oh and State showing that No, Mavs aren’t that close lol

Neo.
05-26-2022, 09:28 PM
must be lovely to only score 5 points and your team dominating a top tier team

if Nico can build Luka a team half as loaded as what Steph has been gifted they will win 5 rings :lmao

monosylab1k
05-26-2022, 09:36 PM
Oh and State showing that No, Mavs aren’t that close lol

Every advanced metric invented says the series should be 2-2 or 3-1 Mavs right now. Sometimes shots just don’t go in.

“You can’t control what the ball do” - Josh Howard

lefty
05-26-2022, 10:53 PM
NBA allowed Mavs to win game 4 to extend the series tbh :lol

DMC
Klay doing work tonight, ESPN saying "Splash Brothers 3's blah blah blah". The narrative is already written, they just need to find ways to spin it.

DMC
NBA allowed Mavs to win game 4 to extend the series tbh :lol

I used to wonder about this but the NBA doesn't control the shooting percentages.

lefty
05-27-2022, 12:10 AM
I used to wonder about this but the NBA doesn't control the shooting percentages.

Killakobe81
05-27-2022, 12:18 AM
Every advanced metric invented says the series should be 2-2 or 3-1 Mavs right now. Sometimes shots just don’t go in.

“You can’t control what the ball do” - Josh Howard

Mono stop. Advanced metrics favor the 3 ball and Mavs lived and died by it.
Warriors had less turnovers more assists and attacked the paint more consistently.
If you watch the tape and just look at matchups only player who actually outplayed his Warriors counterpart and it was Luka. 2-6 they were the better team .

Luka made WCF with a bunch of 2nd rounders and undrafted dudes. Plus no Hardaway their third highest paid player.

Texas_Ranger
05-27-2022, 02:58 AM
Mavs had a good season. I dont think anyone expected them to get to the wcf.
As for the warriors, once again lukcky that every team they face had one or more important injured players.
This will be the 4th year in a row that the champion will be that just cause of injuries.

Killakobe81
05-27-2022, 07:46 AM
Mavs had a good season. I dont think anyone expected them to get to the wcf.
As for the warriors, once again lukcky that every team they face had one or more important injured players.
This will be the 4th year in a row that the champion will be that just cause of injuries.

That’s not a fluke that’s a trend
4 years hell 4 quarters in green or red causes business to spend or cut costs
Depth is becoming almost as critical as star players to a title it always mattered but rash of injuries makes it more so

ambchang
05-27-2022, 07:58 AM
Klay Thompson finals mvp over curry.

MultiTroll
05-27-2022, 10:11 AM
Development.

Golden Phaggots did come out very well on the Wiggins trade.
And Poole, altho a cheapshot pussy does play well otherwise.

Both progressed greatly this season and playoffs.

Killakobe81
05-27-2022, 10:50 AM
Development.

Golden Phaggots did come out very well on the Wiggins trade.
And Poole, altho a cheapshot pussy does play well otherwise.

Both progressed greatly this season and playoffs.

The Buzz lighyears!

monosylab1k
05-27-2022, 11:37 AM

lol Nico inherited such a mess

Texas_Ranger
05-27-2022, 01:31 PM

lol Nico inherited such a mess

Nico and Cuban will literally have to do a miracle to make this team into a contender. The roster and salaries right now are horrible. The easiest thing will probably be to get a big, but they better get the right one.

Neo.
05-27-2022, 01:36 PM
Nico and Cuban will literally have to do a miracle to make this team into a contender. The roster and salaries right now are horrible. The easiest thing will probably be to get a big, but they better get the right one.

cuban needs to open his pockets and do absolutely nothing more

everything he is involved with ends up failing miserably. if he lets nico run the show, there's a chance they salvage this mess and get some rings out of luka

DMC
05-27-2022, 06:06 PM
Mono stop. Advanced metrics favor the 3 ball and Mavs lived and died by it.
Warriors had less turnovers more assists and attacked the paint more consistently.
If you watch the tape and just look at matchups only player who actually outplayed his Warriors counterpart and it was Luka. 2-6 they were the better team .

Luka made WCF with a bunch of 2nd rounders and undrafted dudes. Plus no Hardaway their third highest paid player.

You cannot get an assist without someone making a shot. Turnovers, that's legit as is rebounding, but you'll allow more rebounds if you doink more shot attempts because there's more people to crash the boards on defense than on offense.

Dirks_Finale
05-28-2022, 09:30 AM
Klay Thompson finals mvp over curry.

Or Kevon Looney :lol