PDA

View Full Version : Ming traded to Sacto

polandprzem
11-29-2005, 02:44 PM
Yao Ming, Stromile Swift and Derek Anderson Traded to Kings for Brad Miller, Mike Bibby and Shareef Abdur-Rahim.

By JONATHAN FEIGEN
Copyright 2005 Houston Chronicle

HOUSTON - The Rockets' are the first team this season to make a major trade. Struggling and desperate from an early losing streak, the Rockets have traded one of their supposed franchise players and two of their recent off-season acquisitions.

"Jeff and I were talking and did not like the direction this team was heading in. We aren't playing hard and I am willing to give up our players if they do not play hard enough," Rockets General Manager Carroll Dawson Said

"Despite injuries from several of our top players, we decided that these three players were responsible for their losses. I initially did not want to trade Yao due to his steady development and relatively increased aggression this year, but after this string of losses, I thought this would be the best way to punish him." Rockets coach Jeff Van Gundy said.

"Most of all, I am really looking forward to having Mike Bibby, Rafer Alston, Bob Sura, Moochie Norris, Luther Head, Dion Glover and David Wesley sharing responsibilities at the point."

Van Gundy said that he had never considered the possibility of trading Yao until he got the idea from a Rockets online forum.

"I brought the idea to Carroll and Les and they agreed that Yao really sucks right now. One of these basketball gurus online seemed to really know his stuff and we decided, what the hell, let's listen to this apparent brilliant person instead. Yao Mink has not been playing well, and we knew that the trade value for Yao Mink was still enough for us to get an equally talented player like Brad Miller."

Les Alexander agreed, "We always thought that by drafting a player like Yao, we would get a lot of money since there are like a billion people in China and they would all buy his jersey. When Jeff showed us this post online, I re-thought things and realized that there are a bunch of white people in the United States and they have more money! I am sure all the white people in the US will be buying Brad Miller jerseys which should increase profits and recognition of our team. Additionally, Shareef will bring in the whole Muslim population and we know there are a lot of those too. It's like trading the profit of one race for two! I thought we got a damn good deal."

When Tracy McGrady was asked about his response to the trade, he responded, "My back hurts."

Forward Stromile Swift was also positive about the trade, "Houston is great but I always wanted to live in a city with more celebs. Overall, I'm pretty excited about moving to Los Angeles and playing for the Kings."

Narazie pozostawie to bez komentarza...

spurs_2108
11-29-2005, 02:47 PM
Wtf!!

Mixability
Bullshit! Bullshit?

velik_m
:lmao

theMUHMEshow
11-29-2005, 02:48 PM
lol...its BS...but very well written I must say.

Mixability
11-29-2005, 02:49 PM
When Tracy McGrady was asked about his response to the trade, he responded, "My back hurts."

:lol nevermind!

spurs_fan_in_exile
11-29-2005, 02:52 PM
:lol This is one of the funniest things I've ever seen on this forum.

Spurzilla
11-29-2005, 02:52 PM
A funny read. I knew it was bogus when I read the title, though. It should have read, "Yao traded to Sacto." Ming is his FIRST name.

SA Gunslinger
11-29-2005, 02:55 PM
A funny read. I knew it was bogus when I read the title, though. It should have read, "Yao traded to Sacto." Ming is his FIRST name.

Yeah, but what if Ichiro is traded. Would the headline read "Ichiro traded" or "Suzuki traded?"

Bloodline666
11-29-2005, 02:57 PM
I think the news about this trade bullshit, mainly because I don't the trade, itself, is legit yet. If I'm not mistaken, Stromile Swift, Derek Anderson or Shareef Abdur-Rahim are not trade-eligible until December 15th. They did sign with their respective teams as free agents during the off-season. Someone, clarify that particular December 15th trade rule if I'm wrong.

sanman53
11-29-2005, 02:57 PM
Dang, funny article! I already called a bunch of my friends telling them Yao was traded. I guess that is what I get for not reading the entire article. Ay, its ok, Im not going to call them back and tell them it was false, Ill just email the article to them. Good stuff...

ata
11-29-2005, 03:03 PM
LOL! Good stuf polandprzem!
BTW: Been in Krakow this weekend, beautiful town.

SpursWoman
11-29-2005, 03:08 PM
I was going to say.....is it April 1st? :wtf :lmao

SpursWoman
11-29-2005, 03:12 PM
I think the news about this trade bullshit, mainly because I don't the trade, itself, is legit yet. If I'm not mistaken, Stromile Swift, Derek Anderson or Shareef Abdur-Rahim are not trade-eligible until December 15th. They did sign with their respective teams as free agents during the off-season. Someone, clarify that particular December 15th trade rule if I'm wrong.

Read the article, it explains it all in great detail. :)

Bloodline666
11-29-2005, 03:15 PM
I was going to say.....is it April 1st? :wtf :lmao
If it was, then I doubt ANYONE would fall for it, because the Trade Deadline is usually in like, the last Thursday of February...

polandprzem
11-29-2005, 03:20 PM
LOL! Good stuf polandprzem!
BTW: Been in Krakow this weekend, beautiful town.

Yes - Krakow is nice

I live near Gdansk about 600km from Krakow

pache100
11-29-2005, 03:43 PM
Yao Ming, Stromile Swift and Derek Anderson Traded to Kings for Brad Miller, Mike Bibby and Shareef Abdur-Rahim. ...

:lol

You just made my afternoon!

yeahone
11-29-2005, 03:50 PM
thats some great stuff

ShoogarBear
11-29-2005, 06:17 PM
"Most of all, I am really looking forward to having Mike Bibby, Rafer Alston, Bob Sura, Moochie Norris, Luther Head, Dion Glover and David Wesley sharing responsibilities at the point."
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

NZHayden
11-29-2005, 06:46 PM
thats some good entertainment

Oh, Gee!!
11-29-2005, 07:03 PM
Shut Up!! No Way!!

yeahone
11-29-2005, 07:07 PM
this has to be a classic

alamo50
11-29-2005, 07:14 PM
Nice one.

lilmads
11-29-2005, 07:19 PM
Really nice one!:)
I was like wow after the first couple of sentences..
and then realized the rest was pure bull....!

Spurologist
11-29-2005, 07:22 PM
:lmao

Brutalis
11-29-2005, 07:45 PM
nice. lmao.

milkyway21
11-29-2005, 08:29 PM
:cuss ? :cuss ? :cuss ? :cuss ? :cuss ?

WAKE UP CALL FOR YAO MING!!!!!!!!!!!!

NASHville
11-29-2005, 09:09 PM
damnit! :lol

milkyway21
11-30-2005, 12:07 AM
seriously, the RETURN of Tmac back in the Houston Rockets line-up, won the game tonight and the Rockets back on tract ending a 7-game(:huh), losing streak makes TMac an early MVP contender...

of course if his 25pt game continues.....

Rummpd
11-30-2005, 07:36 AM
Interesting that this forum talking about international cities (Karkow), in Kharkov, yesteday, Kiev today, London in AM. Like an NBA road trip.