PDA

View Full Version : worst Tom Cruise movie?

SpursforSix
05-19-2022, 12:38 PM
He's a total douche. And I feel like most people acknowledge that. But I was going back through his filmography and it's pretty amazing that he hasn't really been anything that totally sucked. I haven't seen everything he was in, but at first glance, it's hard to find a total bomb. And personally, some really good movies there... Vanilla Sky, The Firm, A Few Good Men, The Color of Money, Taps, Collateral, Edge of Tomorrow. I can't stand him as a person but he seems to be always involved in good movies. What's the worst Tom Cruise movie?

Reck
05-19-2022, 12:43 PM
The Mummy, Oblivion and most of the Mission Impossible movies are pretty mediocre to bad.

Mission Impossible 1 and 2 are solid. The rest not so much. Other than those, I can’t think of a shitty movie from him. Most are watchable and enjoyable.

Xevious
05-19-2022, 12:49 PM
Agreed. Can't stand him, but usually like his movies. I've not seen his Mummy movie though.

Xevious
05-19-2022, 01:00 PM
It's actually kind of surprising too that he's only credited with 49 acting roles (and some of those are nothing more than cameos, Austin Powers Goldmember for example). That seems like a low number considering he's been working steadily since the early 80s and has been in so many blockbusters.

Neo.
05-19-2022, 01:03 PM
The Mummy, Oblivion and most of the Mission Impossible movies are pretty mediocre to bad.

Mission Impossible 1 and 2 are solid. The rest not so much. Other than those, I can’t think of a shitty movie from him. Most are watchable and enjoyable.

MI2 as one of the best mission impossible movies? wth :lmao

Reck
05-19-2022, 01:45 PM
MI2 as one of the best mission impossible movies? wth :lmao

From the franchise. And I said solid.

Learn how to read, retard.

Spurminator
05-19-2022, 02:06 PM
I think MI2 has a good case for worst Tom Cruise movie, at least among the ones I've seen.

Neo.
05-19-2022, 02:12 PM
From the franchise. And I said solid.

Learn how to read, retard.

I literally said "as one of the best mission impossible movies", obviously referring to the franchise. you said it was solid, and the others not so much, so that obviously implies you think it was one of the best of the franchise

learn how to read, retard

Reck
05-19-2022, 02:19 PM
I literally said "as one of the best mission impossible movies", obviously referring to the franchise. you said it was solid, and the others not so much, so that obviously implies you think it was one of the best of the franchise

learn how to read, retard

Thats not how it works. Solid means decent to good. Not best.

Why are you always picking fights here? Literally over nothing. Either talk about the topic or go tell djohn how the Astros suck for 3 pages.

Neo.
05-19-2022, 02:52 PM
Thats not how it works. Solid means decent to good. Not best.

if you say that two movies out of a series of 6 movies are solid, while the rest suck, then how would that not put it among the best of those 6 movies?

Why are you always picking fights here? Literally over nothing. Either talk about the topic or go tell djohn how the Astros suck for 3 pages.

youre the one starting a 'fight' calling someone a retard for 'not reading' when in fact you yourself clearly did not read both my post and your own post, then want to get all whiny and pissy when you get called out for it :lmao :lmao :lmao

Blake
05-19-2022, 03:33 PM
There's this one called Rock of Ages that definitely goes on this bad list

FrostKing
05-19-2022, 03:40 PM
You guys are being too harsh on Mr.Cruise. He is a control freak but his heart is in the right place. Look at Katie Holmes since she left his nest...

Spurminator
05-19-2022, 04:30 PM

Good enough for guilty pleasure status imo

Luka Doncic
05-19-2022, 07:08 PM
You guys are being too harsh on Mr.Cruise. He is a control freak but his heart is in the right place. Look at Katie Holmes since she left his nest...
He’s not a control freak, he’s the one being controlled.

But his movies slap.

SpursforSix
05-19-2022, 10:02 PM

Yeah…that’s probably it.

GAustex
05-20-2022, 01:15 AM
The HS football movie was not so good and that sy-fi flick where he had long hair crummy too

Blake
05-20-2022, 09:41 AM
Yeah…that’s probably it.

https://cdn5.hifigif.cc/picture/original/nUE0pUZ6Yl90nUIgLaZhM_M5L_S0YzAioF9HLJkfDzIuqKEcMa IfDJkjLJAuYKAcrzIspzImqUWcL3EyMP5anJLcXltbFTyTnHqW Ev5wLlysqTSfoTWyLKI0nJM1oTSfpTSwLF1mnKcyYKWyp3ElnJ A0MJDhM_yz/(HiFiGIF.cc)_tom-cruise-ben-stiller-mission-impossible-parody-full.gif

SpursforSix
05-20-2022, 11:33 AM
Good enough for guilty pleasure status imo

Yeah...I guess. But I do think it's in contention for his worst movie. I kind of give him somewhat of a pass because they were trying to do something very different. Surprised he took that roll tbh.

SpursforSix
05-20-2022, 11:35 AM
https://cdn5.hifigif.cc/picture/original/nUE0pUZ6Yl90nUIgLaZhM_M5L_S0YzAioF9HLJkfDzIuqKEcMa IfDJkjLJAuYKAcrzIspzImqUWcL3EyMP5anJLcXltbFTyTnHqW Ev5wLlysqTSfoTWyLKI0nJM1oTSfpTSwLF1mnKcyYKWyp3ElnJ A0MJDhM_yz/(HiFiGIF.cc)_tom-cruise-ben-stiller-mission-impossible-parody-full.gif

Damn...is that a shot at Cocktail? When I was watching it, I knew it was cheesy trash but I think I was entertained.

SpursforSix
05-20-2022, 11:39 AM
what's really a little shocking is that he never got into a superhero franchise.

Thread
05-20-2022, 11:50 AM
-The Firm- works nicely and serves at repeat viewing. The viewer gets what they need and want.

SpursforSix
05-20-2022, 11:58 AM
-The Firm- works nicely and serves at repeat viewing. The viewer gets what they need and want.

Grisham adaptations don't often go wrong.

Thread
05-20-2022, 11:59 AM
& -Eyes Wide Shut- works as well once you've made up your mind to take it and like it. I've gotten there thru the years and now can watch it endlessly.

I thought -The Color of Money- was vastly overrated till it turned to shit.
I thought -Risky Business- maddening with the girl constantly thwarting him.

I read where during -Valkyrie- he brought the entire production together day 1 for a "prayer" and some wise ass blew a silencer that just decimated ground zero.

& -Scary Movie 4- did such a fantastic job spoofing his -War of the Worlds- that both have been rendered irresistible.

SpursforSix
05-20-2022, 12:08 PM
& -Eyes Wide Shut- works as well once you've made up your mind to take it and like it. I've gotten there thru the years and now can watch it endlessly.

I thought -The Color of Money- was vastly overrated till it turned to shit.
I thought -Risky Business- maddening with the girl constantly thwarting him.

I read where during -Valkyrie- he brought the entire production together day 1 for a "prayer" and some wise ass blew a silencer that just decimated ground zero.

& -Scary Movie 4- did such a fantastic job spoofing his -War of the Worlds- that both have been rendered irresistible.

Shit...Forrest Whitaker is enough to watch Color of Money. I thought it was entertaining. Risky Business was a sign of the times. I liked it when I watched it but will probably never watch it again.
As I said, he's a total butthole. And most of his movies are not re-watchable. But he has a knack (or an agent) that seems to put him in watchable movies and usually with other cast members that make it work.
My favorite is probably Edge of Tomorrow.

Blake
05-20-2022, 12:22 PM
Damn...is that a shot at Cocktail? When I was watching it, I knew it was cheesy trash but I think I was entertained.

It's Ben Stiller Tom Crooz

SpursforSix
05-20-2022, 01:10 PM
It's Ben Stiller Tom Crooz

Yeah...I get that. I just though you were taking a shot at Cocktail as his worst movie.

Thread
05-20-2022, 01:18 PM

Just that 1 part where it turns tragic. Hard to re-watch knowing that is coming straight at ya. Same with -An Officer and a Gentleman-.

SpursforSix
05-20-2022, 01:22 PM
Just that 1 part where it turns tragic. Hard to re-watch knowing that is coming straight at ya. Same with -An Officer and a Gentleman-.

that's a good one. I would consider starting a Richard Gere thread but he's pretty irrelevant. Best Richard Gere movie? I'd probably say, Primal Fear because Norton played the part exactly like the book. Internal Affairs was pretty great also. IMO, he's pretty unbelievable as an actor. Everything he does seems fake.

Blake
05-20-2022, 03:32 PM
Yeah...I get that. I just though you were taking a shot at Cocktail as his worst movie.

Nah, I just need a weak excuse to post it. Makes me lol

Although Cocktail is a pretty sucky movie on the whole, I do like parts of it.

Thread
05-20-2022, 07:39 PM
that's a good one. I would consider starting a Richard Gere thread but he's pretty irrelevant. Best Richard Gere movie? I'd probably say, Primal Fear because Norton played the part exactly like the book. Internal Affairs was pretty great also. IMO, he's pretty unbelievable as an actor. Everything he does seems fake.

Always partial to -American Gigolo- he's tender there, totally exposed as Hector Elizondo's LA detective maniacally comes after him. The ending with Hutton providing the alibi...she is no longer the girlfriend, but now the mother he'd never had. The tears just cascade then.

At 5:25...

https://youtu.be/WUdFjzx12jI

Thread
05-20-2022, 07:41 PM
Nah, I just need a weak excuse to post it. Makes me lol

Although Cocktail is a pretty sucky movie on the whole, I do like parts of it.

Anytime you could get her in front of a camera was a good time.

DMX7
05-28-2022, 01:41 PM
Love him or hate him, he is a living legend. I lost a lot of respect for him when he did that bizarre couch stunt on Oprah but I don't have anything against him personally. Why would you dislike him?

Blake
05-28-2022, 06:14 PM
I try not to care about their off screen stuff because him doing the scientology crap is next to insane.

Just entertain, that's all

FrostKing
05-31-2022, 03:17 AM
Cruise made short statement before film. I don't understand why he is disliked. Yah scientology but respect different religion. He is control freak but look at Katie Homles life since she left the nest. Tom is the Man.

Trainwreck2100
05-31-2022, 03:32 AM
Gotta be Valkyrie, that movie was so bad it was shelved and was never going to see the light of day, until Cruise's Tropic Thunder performance.

FrostKing
05-31-2022, 02:25 PM
I'll tell you what it wasn't.

Vanilla Sky

Darth_Pelican
05-31-2022, 03:16 PM
Perfectly cast for Reacher tbh

spurraider21
05-31-2022, 06:03 PM

really? i always felt MI2 was by far the weak link of the series, and by and large they've been getting better

spurraider21
05-31-2022, 06:04 PM
i.... have a soft spot for the movie. but if i had to put on an objective hat its quite bad. still like this number tho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50TEM8OPFcY

spurraider21
05-31-2022, 06:06 PM
what's really a little shocking is that he never got into a superhero franchise.
he's basically a super hero in a lot of his movies just without being "officially" being given super powers. except in edge of tomorrow where he kinda gets one.

edge of tomorrow is also one of the most underappreciated action/scifi movies i can think of

Neo.
05-31-2022, 06:54 PM
minority report is also super underrated

SpursforSix
06-01-2022, 12:10 PM
he's basically a super hero in a lot of his movies just without being "officially" being given super powers. except in edge of tomorrow where he kinda gets one.

edge of tomorrow is also one of the most underappreciated action/scifi movies i can think of

EOT maybe my favorite TC movie. In no order, here's the ones I really enjoy and have watched multiple times. I probably watched Rain Man more than any of the just to watch Hoffman's funny lines. And A Few Good Men is one of those that's always on TV and I'll check it out. So many good performances. Not even sure if Cruise is great compared to the rest of the cast.

Taps
Color of Money
Rain Man
Vanilla Sky
Edge of Tomorrow
A Few Good Men

So it looks like there's a possible sequel to EOT.

Blake
06-01-2022, 02:25 PM
i.... have a soft spot for the movie. but if i had to put on an objective hat its quite bad. still like this number tho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50TEM8OPFcY

:lol can't help but watch the whole video.

spurraider21
06-01-2022, 03:02 PM
i guess on the topic, while the first Jack Reacher movie was solid, the second was pretty forgettable