PDA

View Full Version : Elon Musk is just the latest American to realize how badly Democratic policies are faring

ducks
05-23-2022, 09:21 AM
https://www.yahoo.com/news/elon-musk-just-latest-american-100300153.html

boutons_deux
05-23-2022, 09:25 AM
Which policies?

Ef-man
05-23-2022, 04:47 PM
Musk is crying and lashing out as his stocks are taking a beating.

Tesla’s stock — and Elon Musk’s wealth — took a huge hit Friday, continuing a downward spiral and possibly imperiling the billionaire’s deal to buy Twitter.

Shares of the electric car company, from which much of Musk’s wealth comes, sank more than 10 percent during trading Friday, falling at one point to about $636 per share. That’s about a 35 percent drop from its price on the day Musk’s deal to buy Twitter was announced. :wow :wow :wow

The downturn of Tesla’s stock could have more than just a superficial impact on Musk’s wealth.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2022/05/20/tesla-stock-price-plummeting/

boutons_deux
05-23-2022, 05:16 PM
Musk is crying and lashing out as his stocks are taking a beating.

Tesla’s stock — and Elon Musk’s wealth — took a huge hit Friday, continuing a downward spiral and possibly imperiling the billionaire’s deal to buy Twitter.

Shares of the electric car company, from which much of Musk’s wealth comes, sank more than 10 percent during trading Friday, falling at one point to about $636 per share. That’s about a 35 percent drop from its price on the day Musk’s deal to buy Twitter was announced. :wow :wow :wow

The downturn of Tesla’s stock could have more than just a superficial impact on Musk’s wealth.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2022/05/20/tesla-stock-price-plummeting/

Musk didn't have the cash to buy Twitter,

and couldn't dump enough stock w/o hurting the price.

is why he had to bring most of cash from BigFinance.

ducks
05-23-2022, 05:26 PM
Which policies?

Read it

SnakeBoy
05-24-2022, 02:13 PM
“I think one of the biggest risks to civilization is the low birth rate and the rapidly declining birthrate,” Musk said. “Please look at the numbers. If people don’t have more children, civilization is going to crumble. Mark my words.” he added.

ChumpDumper
05-24-2022, 02:27 PM
“I think one of the biggest risks to civilization is the low birth rate and the rapidly declining birthrate,” Musk said. “Please look at the numbers. If people don’t have more children, civilization is going to crumble. Mark my words.” he added.

Do you believe this?

Yes or no.

baseline bum
05-24-2022, 10:32 PM

No shit. Happens when people are overworked and underpaid. We're going to end up just like Japan.

Chinook
05-24-2022, 10:59 PM
I can't imagine being so dumb as to put any credence in what Elon Musk says. Like seriously. It's like taking your weather advice from a toaster.

Reck
05-24-2022, 11:34 PM
So I guess Elon is the right's new Trump? Cool

ElNono
05-24-2022, 11:37 PM
So I guess Elon is the right's new Trump? Cool

He knows where the low information voter base is, tbh

FrostKing
05-25-2022, 03:35 AM
I was always the most Liberal. Being a Euro it was assumed even here in California.

I left the Democrats in Obama 2nd term. Hindight I was so idealistic. I thought Obama was that savior of many American problems that still remain. 5 years later I voted for Trump to solve many of those same issues!

Both parties are closer than you fellas like to admit. I don't connect with Republicans or Democrats today. You vote what matters and means most to your family.

SnakeBoy
05-27-2022, 12:43 AM
A Twitter user asked Musk, "Do you still think we're approaching a recession?"

"Yes, but this is actually a good thing," the Tesla CEO responded. "It has been raining money on fools for too long. Some bankruptcies need to happen."

"Also, all the Covid stay-at-home stuff has tricked people into thinking that you don’t actually need to work hard," he added, referring to the increasing number of workers working from home during and after the pandemic, and potentially referencing the lax attitude as a result of checks from COVID-19 relief bills. "Rude awakening inbound!"

Another Twitter user asked how long the recession would likely last.

"Based on past experience, about 12 to 18 months," Musk responded. "Companies that are inherently negative cash flow (ie value destroyers) need to die, so that they stop consuming resources."

ducks
05-27-2022, 04:26 PM
Elon Musk polled his Twitter followers on whether they distrusted billionaires or politicians more.

He then asked Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez to do the same, writing, "I dare you" to do so.

koriwhat
05-27-2022, 05:06 PM
He knows where the low information voter base is, tbh

Lmao really? Low info is a bunch of pussy hat wearing russiagate loving retards tbh. Which side are they on again?

koriwhat
05-27-2022, 05:06 PM
Elon Musk polled his Twitter followers on whether they distrusted billionaires or politicians more.

He then asked Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez to do the same, writing, "I dare you" to do so.

She knows the bots can't answer polls! :lol

I mean I guess they could if you program them to look for push buttons and whatnot but they aren't made for anything other than confirmation bias for a fucked up left authoritarian agenda.

clambake
05-27-2022, 05:09 PM
So, he polled his rube followers.

Anything else?

koriwhat
05-27-2022, 05:28 PM
So, he polled his rube followers.

Anything else?

And what are AOC's followers exactly? Keep licking them boots you stupid fuck.

SnakeBoy
06-03-2022, 01:41 PM

WASHINGTON — President Joe Biden on Friday dismissed Tesla CEO Elon Musk's "super bad feeling" about the economy that is reportedly prompting the electric vehicle company to cut 10% of its workforce. "Lots of luck on his trip to the moon, I mean, I don't know. " Biden said.

Winehole23
06-03-2022, 01:43 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FUVhIcaUYAAoBlO?format=jpg&name=small

DMC
06-03-2022, 04:04 PM
Elon sells to both sides. He sells the facade of EV to the left so they can advertise their concern for all things, and to the right he sells his "be your own man" ideology.

DMC
06-03-2022, 04:08 PM
Elon Musk - 230 billion
All three companies (Ford, GM and Hyundai) CEOs combined networth, 4.3b (4.1b of that by the CEO of Hyundai).

RandomGuy
06-03-2022, 04:39 PM
Elon Musk - 230 billion
All three companies (Ford, GM and Hyundai) CEOs combined networth, 4.3b (4.1b of that by the CEO of Hyundai).

Market capitalization of Ford (F)
Market cap: $53.31 Billion

Market capitalization of General Motors (GM)
Market cap: $54.84 Billion

Market capitalization of Hyundai (HYMTF)
Market cap: $30.77 Billion

Market capitalization of Tesla (TSLA)
Market cap: $728.88 Billion

:lol

koriwhat
06-03-2022, 04:48 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FUVhIcaUYAAoBlO?format=jpg&name=small

They should thank their lucky stars that Elon opened up the patents yrs ago for those dying companies to be revived.

ChumpDumper
06-03-2022, 04:59 PM

WASHINGTON — President Joe Biden on Friday dismissed Tesla CEO Elon Musk's "super bad feeling" about the economy that is reportedly prompting the electric vehicle company to cut 10% of its workforce. "Lots of luck on his trip to the moon, I mean, I don't know. " Biden said.

:lol white men and their feelings

RandomGuy
06-03-2022, 05:18 PM
I can't imagine being so dumb as to put any credence in what Elon Musk says. Like seriously. It's like taking your weather advice from a toaster.

ACXaFyB_-8s

jQUiIdre-MI

RandomGuy
06-03-2022, 05:20 PM
They should thank their lucky stars that Elon opened up the patents yrs ago for those dying companies to be revived.

https://ycharts.com/companies/TSLA/pe_ratio

:lmao

you are too dumb to know why that is funny, and that is even funnier.

DMX7
06-03-2022, 05:47 PM
I'm not a big fan of either political party. We need a new major third party -- that would actually help moderate both current major political parties.

Chinook
06-03-2022, 08:03 PM
I'm not a big fan of either political party. We need a new major third party -- that would actually help moderate both current major political parties.

The last thing this country needs is more "moderation". That's how you continue to do nothing when the world is on fire. You need more radical thinking than the democrats can stomach. Conservatives tend to be more open to radical thinking than the DNC establishment. But they also fall for grifts left and right because technology can't fix bad ideas. That's basically how Musk can be both rich and stupid at the same time -- he's exceedingly good at lying to undiscerning people and taking their money. That's also how you get stupid shit like the freedom phone and Parler.

Do American liberals fall for similar grifts? Not a lot of the same obvious ones. At the same time, they can fall for grifters like Musk too. They tend to align with Democrats, who are fundamentally conservative in that they want things to fundamentally stay the same outside of throwing some crumbs to their base every once in a while. The DNC tells their voters to root for guys like Bill Gates and previously Musk who keep selling the bullshit that you can invent your way out of unsustainable practices. Electric cars are bullshit. Hydrogen cars are bullshit. Consumer-end solutions are bullshit. Until we accept that the world is fucked and we have to roll up our sleeves, tighten our belts and start making the hard choices to fix it, we are just going to keep dribbling out the clock. A third party that tries to find "common ground" between two status quo positions isn't going to fix anything.

koriwhat
06-03-2022, 10:36 PM
https://ycharts.com/companies/TSLA/pe_ratio

you are too dumb to know why that is funny, and that is even funnier.

Oh no I don't know about stocks when I clearly don't give af about the stock market in the first place. Are you going to refute what you quoted me on or are you going to keep virtue signaling with your stupid fucking Ukraine AV like the little bitch that you are?

DMC
06-03-2022, 10:39 PM
ACXaFyB_-8s

jQUiIdre-MI

Still waiting on RG's contributions beyond the Ukraine flag avatar.

DMC
06-03-2022, 10:40 PM
The last thing this country needs is more "moderation". That's how you continue to do nothing when the world is on fire. You need more radical thinking than the democrats can stomach. Conservatives tend to be more open to radical thinking than the DNC establishment. But they also fall for grifts left and right because technology can't fix bad ideas. That's basically how Musk can be both rich and stupid at the same time -- he's exceedingly good at lying to undiscerning people and taking their money. That's also how you get stupid shit like the freedom phone and Parler.

Do American liberals fall for similar grifts? Not a lot of the same obvious ones. At the same time, they can fall for grifters like Musk too. They tend to align with Democrats, who are fundamentally conservative in that they want things to fundamentally stay the same outside of throwing some crumbs to their base every once in a while. The DNC tells their voters to root for guys like Bill Gates and previously Musk who keep selling the bullshit that you can invent your way out of unsustainable practices. Electric cars are bullshit. Hydrogen cars are bullshit. Consumer-end solutions are bullshit. Until we accept that the world is fucked and we have to roll up our sleeves, tighten our belts and start making the hard choices to fix it, we are just going to keep dribbling out the clock. A third party that tries to find "common ground" between two status quo positions isn't going to fix anything.

This thinking gave rise to Hitler.

DMC
06-03-2022, 10:42 PM
Market capitalization of Ford (F)
Market cap: $53.31 Billion

Market capitalization of General Motors (GM)
Market cap: $54.84 Billion

Market capitalization of Hyundai (HYMTF)
Market cap: $30.77 Billion

Market capitalization of Tesla (TSLA)
Market cap: $728.88 Billion

What's your point, that Tesla is worth more than all three others combined? Way to show me.

koriwhat
06-03-2022, 10:46 PM

BLM enough said! HRC but I thought BLM was enough said? Wait Biden too? Maddow and Russiagate? Ukraingate? Russian Soldier bounties on American Soldiers? et al.... Tell me again about grifters and conspiracies you weirdo.

Aren't you the one who wants to fuck his own Aunt and prey on little girls? There's no world for you bro. :tu

Isitjustme?
06-04-2022, 08:08 AM

SnakeBoy
06-04-2022, 01:07 PM

Sounds like you are channeling your inner Thunberg. There's been a lot of this happening on here lately. I expect it will only increase as the Biden Malaise drags on, which it most assuredly will.

Winehole23
06-04-2022, 01:22 PM
Wall Street usually rewards companies that reduce labor costs, but Tesla stock went down on news of the layoffs.

Thread
06-04-2022, 02:19 PM
Sounds like you are channeling your inner Thunberg. There's been a lot of this happening on here lately. I expect it will only increase as the Biden Malaise drags on, which it most assuredly will.

Snake, nailin' 'em up!!!
Tree-of-Woe.

Snake!!!

koriwhat
06-04-2022, 02:31 PM
Notice how the loudest retards never come back to refute the actual truth of this world? Where you at RandomGay and AuntFucker Predator Chinook?

FuzzyLumpkins
06-04-2022, 03:08 PM

Within the two party system sure. A third party kills that paradigm.

FuzzyLumpkins
06-04-2022, 03:10 PM
Notice how the loudest retards never come back to refute the actual truth of this world? Where you at RandomGay and AuntFucker Predator Chinook?

I still see you lack self awareness.

boutons_deux
06-04-2022, 10:19 PM
Tesla sales 500,000

Ford sales 4 million

boutons_deux
06-04-2022, 10:20 PM
It looks like Ford's e-150 will be out and wowing the crowds well before Tesla's truck

baseline bum
06-04-2022, 11:33 PM

All moderation has done is turn the Democrats into a center-right clone of the Tories as the GOP keeps running farther to the right.

baseline bum
06-04-2022, 11:40 PM
Within the two party system sure. A third party kills that paradigm.

Two party feels like a stable equilibrium with the system of government setup by our constitution, especially with the way the president is elected. If a third party could come take enough electoral votes away from the two pieces of shit we have so no one gets to 270, the GOP candidate would win the presidency since they control more states and would thus win the vote in the house. That alone would pretty much kill the idea of a strong national third party.

FuzzyLumpkins
06-05-2022, 12:56 AM
Two party feels like a stable equilibrium with the system of government setup by our constitution, especially with the way the president is elected. If a third party could come take enough electoral votes away from the two pieces of shit we have so no one gets to 270, the GOP candidate would win the presidency since they control more states and would thus win the vote in the house. That alone would pretty much kill the idea of a strong national third party.

I would get rid of the single member district and create a proportional system to allow for new parties. I'm interested in gutting the two pieces of shit exclusionary grip on power.

Fiating a third party is not viable given the current system. We would need systemic change. Ros Perot got like a quarter of the popular vote and zero percent representation. That is a problem.

DMC
06-05-2022, 02:21 AM

I thought it was Apalisoc that wanted to fuck his aunt.

Winehole23
06-05-2022, 10:21 AM
(DMC, bored by the emergence of an actual political discussion, redirects to spicy personal gossip.)

SnakeBoy
06-05-2022, 12:16 PM
All moderation has done is turn the Democrats into a center-right clone of the Tories as the GOP keeps running farther to the right.

The problem with the Democrats is that they have moved too far left. Even the msm is starting to say it....tee hee

They need to move toward the new center line, which is to the right of the old center line...tee hee

koriwhat
06-05-2022, 12:59 PM
I still see you lack self awareness.

I see you're still a little bitch and IDC what you see you fucking pussy. You're not important to me one bit you fucking dumbshit. :tu

koriwhat
06-05-2022, 01:00 PM
I thought it was Apalisoc that wanted to fuck his aunt.

Ah you're right it is Apalisoc! Well fuck em all tbh.

DMC
06-05-2022, 02:12 PM
Ah you're right it is Apalisoc! Well fuck em all tbh.

Chinook has usually been willing to debate.

DMC
06-05-2022, 02:13 PM
Tesla sales 500,000

Ford sales 4 million

Market cap is market cap. Net worth is net worth.

spurraider21
06-05-2022, 03:31 PM
Elon Musk - 230 billion
Musk owns 17% of Tesla shares. CEO of ford owns 0.03% of Ford. Neat comparisons

DMC
06-05-2022, 03:40 PM
Musk owns 17% of Tesla shares. CEO of ford owns 0.03% of Ford. Neat comparisons

Market cap is market cap.

spurraider21
06-05-2022, 03:48 PM
Market cap is market cap.
You were comparing personal wealth of CEOs lol

FuzzyLumpkins
06-05-2022, 04:08 PM
I see you're still a little bitch and IDC what you see you fucking pussy. You're not important to me one bit you fucking dumbshit. :tu

people that don't care don't bitch out like you just did, joey. I do think it is funny that you scream and carry on as you are here right after calling others "loudest retards."

I mean take your angry ranting when made fun of and you dropping out not even half way though HS. Loud and dumb. That's you to a tee.

boutons_deux
06-05-2022, 05:38 PM
To paraphrase a saying

To know a man's character, give him power

Musk has the power and influence he doesn't have the character to keep his fucking mouth shut, to choose what and where he says judiciously

DMC
06-05-2022, 07:28 PM
You were comparing personal wealth of CEOs lol

Of course, as well as market cap. So Musk own more shares, and you think that somehow proves something? It proves he's insanely successful. A few years ago the left here was all EV this and EV that, now Elon is a pariah to the left and so his cars are worthless now :lol

DMC
06-05-2022, 07:29 PM
To paraphrase a saying

To know a man's character, give him power

Musk has the power and influence he doesn't have the character to keep his fucking mouth shut, to choose what and where he says judiciously

I guess no one will ever get to know your character.

Thread
06-05-2022, 07:31 PM

Sad, but true.

DMX7
06-05-2022, 07:36 PM

We haven't had moderation from a well funded and powerful third party because one doesn't exist.

spurraider21
06-05-2022, 07:57 PM
Of course, as well as market cap. So Musk own more shares, and you think that somehow proves something? It proves he's insanely successful. A few years ago the left here was all EV this and EV that, now Elon is a pariah to the left and so his cars are worthless now :lol
I have no problem with his business ventures. He also happens to be an internet troll so i don’t have to love him as a person to say that Tesla and SpaceX are generally good

but if his whole right wing troll shtick is going to dupe conservatives into supporting EVs and solar then it could be a net positive tbh

baseline bum
06-05-2022, 08:12 PM
We haven't had moderation from a well funded and powerful third party because one doesn't exist.

Why would any third party be well funded when the two in power are all you have to pay off to keep the status quo?

DMC
06-05-2022, 08:42 PM
I have no problem with his business ventures. He also happens to be an internet troll so i don’t have to love him as a person to say that Tesla and SpaceX are generally good

but if his whole right wing troll shtick is going to dupe conservatives into supporting EVs and solar then it could be a net positive tbh

He's making trucks now. Who do you think will buy them?

Thread
06-06-2022, 11:50 AM
He's like that Emperor with no clothes thing now. Completely naked before us. He's too embarrassed to just walk away from a terrible decision, so, he keeps prefacing it/walking away while still tempted to play with the matches of (it).

I never knew him, didn't know his allegiances. I was better off.

SnakeBoy
06-06-2022, 06:04 PM

ChumpDumper
06-06-2022, 06:15 PM

So what?

koriwhat
06-07-2022, 05:39 AM
people that don't care don't bitch out like you just did, joey. I do think it is funny that you scream and carry on as you are here right after calling others "loudest retards."

I mean take your angry ranting when made fun of and you dropping out not even half way though HS. Loud and dumb. That's you to a tee.

Did I drop out of college? :lmao

Why are you so hung up on HS bro? Btw it was funny about a week or two ago when you claimed I was too dumb to get into some stupid alt school when I was indeed invited to attend ISA its first yr but opted not to. However I should've attended because they had actual electives worth a damn.

You say I'm angry but all you do is attack others here. Your glass house has been shattered for some time now you little bitch. :tu

RandomGuy
06-07-2022, 08:20 AM
What's your point, that Tesla is worth more than all three others combined? Way to show me.

Not explaining it to you. you don't get why its funny/stupid, and that is more funny.

FuzzyLumpkins
06-07-2022, 03:22 PM
Did I drop out of college? :lmao

Why are you so hung up on HS bro? Btw it was funny about a week or two ago when you claimed I was too dumb to get into some stupid alt school when I was indeed invited to attend ISA its first yr but opted not to. However I should've attended because they had actual electives worth a damn.

You say I'm angry but all you do is attack others here. Your glass house has been shattered for some time now you little bitch. :tu

Others? No, I come after you, Joey. I do it because you are a font of stupidity. And I never said anything. You dropping out of HS is common knowledge.

koriwhat
06-08-2022, 01:52 PM
Others? No, I come after you, Joey. I do it because you are a font of stupidity. And I never said anything. You dropping out of HS is common knowledge.

Actually it isn't common knowledge, to you, because supposedly from what you say I was still in HS when I clearly wasn't. It's almost a rich as that other dumbfuck here on ST claiming I had to be 18 to leave HS back 20+ yrs ago. :lmao

Either way, you coming for me is laughable. Bro who the fuck do you think you are exactly? You're a nobody and a huge fucking pussy Fuzzy.

Dick Jones
06-08-2022, 01:57 PM
As an 18 year old sophomore, no less

Dick Jones
06-08-2022, 01:59 PM
Also didn’t Elon just recently endorse a “party of hate” Democrat? :lol

boutons_deux
06-08-2022, 02:07 PM
Which Biden policies are failing?

spurraider21
06-08-2022, 02:12 PM
electric ones, right? nice :tu

SnakeBoy
06-08-2022, 02:15 PM

People who don't need a truck tbh

FuzzyLumpkins
06-08-2022, 03:07 PM
Actually it isn't common knowledge, to you, because supposedly from what you say I was still in HS when I clearly wasn't. It's almost a rich as that other dumbfuck here on ST claiming I had to be 18 to leave HS back 20+ yrs ago. :lmao

Either way, you coming for me is laughable. Bro who the fuck do you think you are exactly? You're a nobody and a huge fucking pussy Fuzzy.

You are the dumbass that doxxed himself. Sorry, I hadn't realized the level of loser you were back then. See not much has changed.

Are you hoping to shame me into doxxing myself. Here's a hint: your take on machismo is laughable to me. Joey, the scrawny, dropout, burnout, broke ass, lazy, and stupid guy who thought mooching weed, calf tats and, an internet tough guy routine were good ideas.

koriwhat
06-08-2022, 04:16 PM
You are the dumbass that doxxed himself. Sorry, I hadn't realized the level of loser you were back then. See not much has changed.

Are you hoping to shame me into doxxing myself. Here's a hint: your take on machismo is laughable to me. Joey, the scrawny, dropout, burnout, broke ass, lazy, and stupid guy who thought mooching weed, calf tats and, an internet tough guy routine were good ideas.

:cry

koriwhat
06-08-2022, 04:17 PM

DMC
06-09-2022, 05:46 PM
electric ones, right? nice :tu

Yes. Wonder what their range will be (IRL, not advertised).

spurraider21
06-09-2022, 05:57 PM
Yes. Wonder what their range will be (IRL, not advertised).
probably not long enough to be viable for interstate hauls, depending on what our electric charging station infrastructure looks like

its not a problem that isnt fixable. just have to do it

Splits
06-09-2022, 06:03 PM
probably not long enough to be viable for interstate hauls, depending on what our electric charging station infrastructure looks like

nothing can be done

SnakeBoy
06-09-2022, 06:05 PM

Why do we have to do it?

spurraider21
06-09-2022, 06:22 PM
Why do we have to do it?
its better

DMC
06-10-2022, 01:00 AM

"we" being "someone else"

spurraider21
06-10-2022, 11:36 AM
"we" being "someone else"
i didnt use the word "we"