PDA

View Full Version : Any one in austin have nbatv

mrose31
11-29-2005, 04:09 PM
And timewarner cabel? If you do and the game does not get blacked out can you post it on here. I think it is not much for me to order Nbatv but they usually block out spurs game so I don't want to order it. It was free last year now I think it is like 5 bucks a month.

ChumpDumper
11-29-2005, 04:18 PM
Last I checked I was paying about $3 for the package. They blacked out the only game that was played so far, but that was also on local cable. Don't remember what happened last year, but I wouldn't be surprised if they are all blacked out.

gay abc
11-29-2005, 04:48 PM
has anyone here used or know of anyone that has used one of these?

slingbox (http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=329231&pfp=srch1&cm_ven=Overture&cm_cat=Search&cm_pla=Keyword&cm_ite=slingboxOverture)

my partner lives in maryland and adelphia cable does NOT even offer league pass - so i was thinking about getting one :smokin

leemajors
11-29-2005, 08:49 PM
it's not blacked out in austin. i am watching it. it says blackout on the digi cable guide, but it's being shown.

mrose31
11-30-2005, 09:18 AM
Thank you lee majors I ordered Nbatv from home and game was on thanks. It was worth 2.50 even if that is only spurs game I get for a month.

leemajors
11-30-2005, 12:34 PM
they show a lot of other games and you can always catch highlights on there if nothing else. most of the show hosts leave a lot to be desired but, again, sometimes all the nba highlights you get on espn is a fleeting glimpse at scoring.

Ballcox
11-30-2005, 02:13 PM
I don't get it, I have Time Warner digital cable with the sports pack (includes NBA tv), and last season when the channel said blackout for Spurs games, it was actually blacked out, couldn't watch the damn game. So last night, I click on over to NBA tv after the Horns game was over to see what's up, and what do ya know? The game is on and I get to watch the 2nd half! So, I'm hoping that future games will also be on even if the guide says blackout. Also, I live in Kyle, right between Buda and San Marcos if that helps any.

Giddyup
11-30-2005, 03:04 PM
I don't get it. I'm in Austin and I have Grande Cable, and the game was blacked out on NBATV last night. I called Grande yesterday and they said it was NBATV's decision whether to black out games or not, and they couldn't do anything about it. So if it's NBATV's decision, why was it blacked out on Grande but not on Time Warner? :pctoss